New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Super Human vs. Titan

Sometimes in fiction, you'll have a human sized being fight a two hundred foot tall titan. This lead me to wondering as to how.

You could fight them Shadow of the Colossus style, use their size against them. You could fight them Attack on Titan style, for more anime-cool points. You could fight them logically, using cannons and high explosives, traps and other things (or just rant at it about square-cube laws as it flattens everything).

What I wondered, though, is how would you fight a giant thing in a more superfied way? If you can move super fast and are super strong, or whichever? Any ideas?
    "Dying", a WAG Game Jam game, and my first video game. A narrative platformer with a hidden mystery, where you progress through dying: http://mask.itch.io/dying

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Super Human vs. Titan

Use super jumps and wallruning along walls and cliff faces to get up to the right height, then superjump through the giants torso with sword in hand, and just pierce completely through his heart and out the otherside.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

One method that I've always found neat was the Dragon Ball Z method... What's that one saying, "the bigger you are, the harder you fall?" If you're strong enough and they're heavy enough, try tripping or, if you're physics-defyingly hardcore enough, throwing them; the impact strength will grow exponentially by weight rather than linearly, so the result will probably be better than you could muster with your basic "jump up and punch them" strategy. Plus, with all the mass they have to move around, they'll probably take a lot longer getting back up after they fall, so you don't have to worry about getting all the way up to their vital organs while they're at full height.
    Last edited by Enran; 2015-08-08 at 01:59 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Levi.

In all seriousness, depends on how fast. At a Age of Ultron Quicksilver level, by hoping you have the strength to trip them. At a Flash level you've already run inside the nostril and are taking apart the brain.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mask View Post
    What I wondered, though, is how would you fight a giant thing in a more superfied way? If you can move super fast and are super strong, or whichever? Any ideas?
    Bop it in the schnoz if you're a flying brick like Superman or the Power Puff Girls?
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

6. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Super Strong [+Tough]?
    Wonder how much shower time I'll need after having already jumped in a trajectory that takes me through it's head and brain. If I get stuck in the skull, work my way out while keeping my face very covered and hoping I don't need to breath.

With more prep time, I'd have some rods to flick at it.

7. - Top - End - #7

Go Ender style and dig through their eyes. Slowly.
    You got Magic Mech in My Police Procedural!
    In this forum, Gaming is Serious Business, and Anyone Can Die. Not even your status as the Ensemble Darkhorse can guarantee your survival.

Disciple of GITP Trope-Fu Temple And Captain of GITP Valkyrie Squadron.
    Spoiler
    Show

The OTP in the playground.
    Awesome Elizabeth Shelley by Hollamer
    My Gallery/My Star Wolves 3 LP

8. - Top - End - #8

Flumph

It depends how super your superhuman is.

I mean if you're low end then sure, using some way to get to weak spots on it and hit it there is fine.

If you're Superman, uppercut it into orbit, problem solved.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

If you can fly or move fast enough, you can blast into the giant like a bullet, maybe repeatedly, and basically kill it by tearing up its organs and causing internal bleeding.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

The ultimate super human have the power: apply real life physical rules and this way he can automatically make any not small titan(more than 15 meters is organic more than 50 meters else) die under their own mass or by falling from their own height.
    This is the ultimate super power to defeat titans.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    Bop it in the schnoz if you're a flying brick like Superman or the Power Puff Girls?
    Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
    It depends how super your superhuman is.

I mean if you're low end then sure, using some way to get to weak spots on it and hit it there is fine.

If you're Superman, uppercut it into orbit, problem solved.
    QFT.

I like the "I'll grab your giant foot and swing you around and throw you into the ocean!"
    Wrath of the Righteous! (Alpha)
    Wrath of the Righteous! (Bravo)
    Emerald City Nightmare!
    The Blood Answers
    Emerald City ICONS
    Seven of Spades
    All my games are on hiatus. I need to (per my editor) take some time for my book. I will return - hopefully in 2-4 weeks.

12. - Top - End - #12

It really depends on what your superpowers are.

Static Shock would hit it with lightning. It has more hp, but that just means he needs more lightning.

Batman would probably AT-AT-trip it with batterangs and superstrong cord, possibly deployed via batmobile or batjet. He also would try missiles from batjet or bat helicopter.

Superman would punch it really hard; possibly pick it up and carry it somewhere safer.

Dr. Fate would find a growth spell to become super-big, himself (or would, if he were smarter, magically shrink the titan down to human scale; but that makes a less eye-catching comic book cover than Giant Fate vs. Titan).

The Scarlet Witch would just unmake it.

Jean Grey would attack its mind, as would Prof. X.

A D&D high-level fighter would do hp damage to its toes until it died. A D&D wizard would dominate it. A D&D cleric would hold it. A D&D rogue would sneak attack it in the hit points until it died. A D&D bard would make friends with it and direct it to more constructive pursuits.

An Exalt would do any of the above he was built to do.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

A real life human would apply real life physics making the giant die under its own mass.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

A scientist would take the giant apart then get mad that it doesn't fit together anymore. They shall then find a second giant to verify this result.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

15. - Top - End - #15
    Pixie in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Use your super strength to jump up at a height where you could use your super speed to forcibly make it consume a super toxin.

16. - Top - End - #16

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    It really depends on what your superpowers are.

Static Shock would hit it with lightning. It has more hp, but that just means he needs more lightning.

Batman would probably AT-AT-trip it with batterangs and superstrong cord, possibly deployed via batmobile or batjet. He also would try missiles from batjet or bat helicopter.

Superman would punch it really hard; possibly pick it up and carry it somewhere safer.

Dr. Fate would find a growth spell to become super-big, himself (or would, if he were smarter, magically shrink the titan down to human scale; but that makes a less eye-catching comic book cover than Giant Fate vs. Titan).

The Scarlet Witch would just unmake it.

Jean Grey would attack its mind, as would Prof. X.

A D&D high-level fighter would do hp damage to its toes until it died. A D&D wizard would dominate it. A D&D cleric would hold it. A D&D rogue would sneak attack it in the hit points until it died. A D&D bard would make friends with it and direct it to more constructive pursuits.

An Exalt would do any of the above he was built to do.
    A shadowrunner would decide he's not getting paid enough.
    It is inevitable, of course, that persons of epicurean refinement will in the course of eternity engage in dealings with those of... unsavory character. Record well any transactions made, and repay all favors promptly.. (Thanks to Gnomish Wanderer for the Toreador avatar! )

Wanna see what all this Exalted stuff is about? Here's a primer!

17. - Top - End - #17

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
    A shadowrunner would decide he's not getting paid enough.
    A runner would steal it and sell it to the highest bidder, you mean.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

A sc2 professional player go to the latest sc2 competition.(you can not tell they are not super humans)

19. - Top - End - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Coidzor View Post
    A runner would steal it and sell it to the highest bidder, you mean.
    After planning for hours upon hours, creating an intricate plan with so many contingencies that you run out of alphabet twice over. And then just shooting the thing.

20. - Top - End - #20

Planetar

Kind of like this: Warning! Graphic displays of violence by Kratos.

Yes. Normal human sized super human might be as strong (or even stronger) than an actual Titan.
    Signatures are so 90's.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Strap on some Terminator Armor, then board it and engage the princeps in hand-to-hand combat.

22. - Top - End - #22

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Strap on some Terminator Armor, then board it and engage the princeps in hand-to-hand combat.
    Hehheh...

*SNIKT!* "Hello, boys. Do you know what these things are called? I'll give you a hint: it starts with "L" and ends with "ightning Claws"."
    Signatures are so 90's.

23. - Top - End - #23

Quote Originally Posted by Raimun View Post
    Hehheh...

*SNIKT!* "Hello, boys. Do you know what these things are called? I'll give you a hint: it starts with "L" and ends with "ightning Claws"."
    "Hey, bub. That sound effect is copyrighted." (And then the space marine wets himself realizing he's been out memetically badassed)

24. - Top - End - #24

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    "Hey, bub. That sound effect is copyrighted." (And then the space marine wets himself realizing he's been out memetically badassed)
    You forget the Imperium's most fanatical servants. GW lawyers. If "Snikt!" isn't actually copyrighted, they'll at least try to copyright it after some Black Library writer dude used it as an homage.
    Signatures are so 90's.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

You forget the Imperium's most fanatical servants. GW lawyers. If "Snikt!" isn't actually copyrighted, they'll at least try to copyright it after some Black Library writer dude used it as an homage.
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there are only lawyers.

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim darkness of the far future, there are only lawyers.
    Yeah, but the GW lawyers of the Imperium are no match for the true power behind Marvel: Disney Lawyers.

The GW lawyers are found gibbering madly, "The ears... the EARS!"

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

If not they'll change it, because isn't that what you do if you can't copyright something.

Show

28. - Top - End - #28

Schnoz-bopping probably won't have the desired effect - your titan is (very roughly) 40 times the size of a person. Consider yourself, a person-sized person, being hit by a fist that's 40 times smaller than a normal fist. You're looking at something that's 1/10th of an inch across - that's 2-3mm. If it delivered enough force to launch you into orbit, it would instead just tear into your flesh. Not even a lot - an arm at 1/40th scale would be less than an inch long. So you'd break skin, tear a minuscule amount of muscle, possibly pit the bone...but that's it. It would be like trying to beat up a pillar of soap suds.

The much more effective strategy would be to burrow into the other being's flesh and tear apart vital organs from inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Inevitability View Post
    Greater
    \ˈgrā-tər \
    comparative adjective
    1. Describing basically the exact same monster but with twice the RHD.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artanis View Post
    I'm going to be honest, "the Welsh became a Great Power and conquered Germany" is almost exactly the opposite of the explanation I was expecting

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Super speed and super strong?

Human bullet through the ankle. Or sidekick with full power to destroy the achilles tendon. Now the titan isn't 200ft above you.

Defeat according to standards and practices of the superheroes of the setting.

Alternatively, rooftop run to groinpunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    Not everyone has the resources or the ability to become a wizard or a sorcerer, after all. Warlocking just requires a pact, very democratic, really. Doesn't require wealth or a magical lineage, just a promise, and all of your problems will go away.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mask View Post
    As others have mentioned, it really depends on the power set. I mean, one of my favorites is a guy who suplexes things. If he can do it to a train, he can do it to a Titan.

Want to be more creative? How about someone who can make puppies appear anywhere? Or someone who can see and trace the lines on an object or person which will bring about that object or person's destruction? Or what about a person who's really just a barely-leashed eldritch horror in usually-corporeal form?

The results of such power should be fairly obvious.

The Titan is powerful because, except for that one vulnerable spot, it has an extremely tough hide. This strength is useless against those who will simply move the Titan away (e.g. Superman) or those whose powers completely bypass defenses (e.g. Puppy Girl, Shiki Tohno, Alucard).

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Alternatively, rooftop run to groinpunch.
    A useless technique against something as anatomically correct as a Ken doll.

Entertaining, but useless.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2015-08-12 at 02:57 PM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!