New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Default so how do you make the evil guy cry?

so the DM presents you with his allmighty-allpowerful-all*whatever u want BBEG, a really tough fight is coming up with the demon-vampire-lich-devil-fiend etc etc, you all know the list. the question then is, after he's done his speech about how you can never beat him so just kill the paladin or the cleric(or both if you have em) and join him so he will spare you. at that particular moment you have the inexplicable urge to spite the DM and make the BBEG cry...how the hell do you do it? i've seen it so many times in the "things i'm not allowed to do while gaming" thread and yet...i cant figure out how to make a demon cry...suggestions?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground
    Default Re: so how do you make the evil guy cry?

Onions.

But seriously, I recommend winning. It's generally the best offense.
    "We have become like unto tiny refreshing GODS!"
    --Popcorn
    Quoteses, preciousssss...
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Viscount Einstrauss View Post
    Player: Heh, that was easy.
    DM: You take 12 lethal damage.
    Player: Huh? From what?
    DM: Raw spite.
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroPaladin View Post
    'FEAR MY CUBESHOES! RAAAAAR!'

Proud owner of one Gold Star, as awarded by Count Chumleigh.
    Member of the Metric System Fan Club.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

As seen in someone's sig (wish I remembered whose):

During his speech, continual castings of Create Water over his head. Keep interrupting him with a drenching of water. I know it'd make me sad.
    Veryn's Sliver, by Talfrey:
    Spoiler
    Show

4. - Top - End - #4

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by DaMullet View Post
    Onions.

But seriously, I recommend winning. It's generally the best offense.
    well...that would be easy with a feral human barbarian who at lvl 7 charged+power attacked+leap attacked+power lunged the evil blue dragon that was threatening to kill us in one hit and then cleaving the white dragon that was fighting the blue dragon, but had also decided to kill us (emm the dragons were colossal btw)...yet, the PCs winning is a common occurrence and is expected more or less...there is a sense of accomplishment over the DM by making that ferocious beast cry...you could dominate/command it to cry...but no fun is it?
    water was a nice idea tho :P

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    As seen in someone's sig (wish I remembered whose):

During his speech, continual castings of Create Water over his head. Keep interrupting him with a drenching of water. I know it'd make me sad.
    That'd be Fhaolan. Someone's sigged it around here somewhere.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Crushing Despair. Naturally.

Tasha's Uncontrollable Hideous Laughter might make them laugh so hard they cry, too.
    Last edited by Aquillion; 2007-05-14 at 08:12 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

dominate person and tell them they're a crybaby.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by the_tick_rules View Post
    dominate person and tell them they're a crybaby.emo.
    There we go.

9. - Top - End - #9

Devil

well, excluding the undead ones, the BBEG will usually not just cave in with a dominate spell...especially when the DM has a rly rly bad dice that tends to roll 20s :P
    i mean dominating the female BBEG Sanitized for your protection would make the DM cry...for sure...but then that would just cause a couple of balors to come and hunt you down...not a survivable prospect for a lvl 10 party
    nice idea tho now that i mentioned it...hehe
    Last edited by Grey Watcher; 2007-05-15 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Removing inappropriate content

10. - Top - End - #10

Kobold

Find out what they are proud of. Destroy it.
    Find out what they care about. Destroy it.

Create something that they do not like, that they cannot change.

Make them feel powerless reguardless of level.

11. - Top - End - #11

A swift kick to the balls.

12. - Top - End - #12

The thing is, I have a naturally devious mind, and the plots of many BBEGs tend not to impress me very much, since I know that I could to better in his position.

So my strategy would be to belittle his grand plot as being poorly thought out. Seriously, it's not that mistakes were made, but that painfully obvious and damaging mistakes were made, which could have been easily avoided if he knew what the hell he was doing in the first place. And if he had thought it through, he should have realized it wouldn't have successfully accomplished what he wanted it to, even if he got away with his plan.

And that's just the problems with the mechanics of his plot. Even if his planning was perfect, it doesn't change one crucial thing: his ultimate goal is stupid. Really, it's just stupid.

What's he after, anyway? Money, power, perhaps? There are certainly better ways to obtain it than whatever his methods were. And besides, how much money and power do you need? He probably wouldn't be satisfied with everything in the world. You know what being a slave to your own uncontrolled desires makes you? A slave, that's what. How do you expect to own and control anything if you can't be in control of yourself? If you had thought this through in the first place, we wouldn't be here now, would we?

Dealing with demons and/or devils. I shouldn't have to explain why that's stupid. Look they're not really giving you power. They're just giving you what they want so they can manipulate you. Being manipulated by others doesn't strike me as the kind of thing that a good villain lets happen to him. In the end you're just serving the purposes of someone else. And that doesn't make you evil, that makes you a tool. What's that? You're smarter than they are, and you're the one on the manipulating end? Sure you are, [rollseyes], sure you are.

Revenge? I guarantee you that if this guy is a BBEG, and revenge is his motive, it's poorly thought out. There's no way that he'd want revenge against a significantly large enough group to qualify him as a Big and Bad threat if he was thinking about things. He's just being a jerk, and accusing countless people innocent of any slight against him. I'm not saying that being a jerk is a problem, but he's being a really stupid jerk. In fact, it's likely he's blaming people who aren't responsible because he's too weak and incompetent to be able to actually take revenge on the ones who are really responsible.

Take over the world? Sure, even if you beat the adventurers now, and through some miracle you successfully take over the world? What then? How long does he think he can maintain his rule over all of creation, anyway? People would just result to guerilla tactics, and harass him endlessly. Plus, you probably won't be satisfied no matter how much you conquer, as usual. Why create all that stress for yourself?

Destroy the world? Is he even trying? That's got to be the dumbest evil goal ever to be evily thought up. First of all, it's horribly cliche. Furthermore, whatever villain is after this probably has done the least actual thinking about what he's doing. First of all, there's no good motivation for trying to destroy the entire world. None. I mean it, no matter what reason he has for trying to destroy the world, it's bound to be stupid. Try coming up with a non-stupid reason for wishing the destruction of the world. You can't do it.

And don't try telling me that it's because your crazy. Real crazy people don't care about that sort of thing, you're just a pathetic poser who thinks that acting stupid makes you crazy. In the end you're just be a whiney drama queen.

You're just doing it for fun? Now that's a sentiment I can respect. But I'm going to have more fun kicking your ass, so enough talking- let's fight!

Other tactics: Whenever he's talking, make silent mouthing motions, or use your hands like talking puppets, and make weird expressions with your face. If he accuses you of not taking him seriously, tell him he's the one who's not taking you seriously. He's talking nonsense, after all (see above as to why).

Interrupt him with inane comments, such as talking to your familiar or animal companion, about how annoying the silly person in front of you is. Ask him silly questions, like "are you done yet" preferably multiple times, and while he's in the middle of answering your last question. Excuse yourself to go to the bathroom, or start eating trail rations (loudly) in front of him. In between bites, ask him if he has anything to drink.

If he says no, cast create water on him.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Dominate person(monster), the second it sticks go ahead and cut "it" off. Preferably with a serated knife. No male villain can fight afterwords regardless of what the DM says.

14. - Top - End - #14

Enter his mind, discover his wishes, fears and hopes. Then while you're inside his mind create an Ilusion that make the best (worst) use of all of them. Exploit his fears, crush his dreams, destroy his hopes. And then do it again. Make him more miserable then all the rest of creation together. Now do that a thousand fold until all that is left is a empty shell of what once was a proud (wo)man.

Did I mention that I'm planning running a egoistical, genius, sadist, psychopath, very powerful telepath, villain on a GURPS campaign I plan to DM.
    My avatar used to be a W.S.D. (Weapon of Sanity Destruction)
    "I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."
    Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    After reading the Dominic Deagen forum threads, can you really accuse me of bashing? Read it again. That is the kind of thing that is pure venom. They don't even take it seriously anymore. It's just done for fun.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

The Land Where 99 Men Weep and One Man Laughs

If you're trying to cheese off the DM, your best bet is to simply ignore the BBEG and obsess over something in the room's scenery, preferably in mid-monologue. One of the most hilarious examples of this was posted on these boards a while back; the DM mentioned a bowl of wax fruit on a table, and one of the players decided to have his character rush up and start to eat the wax fruit while the BBEG was starting his monologue. The other players had their characters argue and fight over who got to eat the wax fruit. Yeah.

"Mech is king."
    Heinz Guderian

Johann Kraus avatar courtesy of Beleth.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lemur View Post
    stuff
    You're a bastard.

No, wait, that's not right.

You're a bastard.

There we go.
    Quote Originally Posted by M0rt View Post
    It's better to have an option you can ignore rather than not have an option at all.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

A good sound spanking, and maybe a lecture about why what he's doing is wrong.
    Last edited by NEO|Phyte; 2007-05-14 at 10:58 PM.
    Man this thing was full of outdated stuff.
    Swoop Falcon
    I make(made?) avatars! Last updated 12-23-2008. Requests not unwelcome. Last request 01-12-2010.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Orc in the Playground

Assuming it's a valid target and doesn't have a high SR, chaining Irresistible Dance (thru scrolls if needed) and having the party slowly setup to kill him as he capers around.

I just can't picture any BBEG looking cool/badass/scary while tap dancing. Ideally you have the party members hand him a top hat and cane mid dance.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Banned

There are many (non-magical) ways to make a villain squeel.

Everybody has a weakness, surely he has someone he holds dear you could take hostage.

And if he doesn't, cripple him, break his hands or something, nothing could wound the emotions of a meglomaniac more then to know he's powerless. That's worse then death.

20. - Top - End - #20

Hahaha, subscribed!

Anyways, how to make an BBEG cry?

Uh... be more evil then him/her ten times over?
    Rational Goblin Avatar by C-Lam. Thanks!

Ixtlan, World of Exploration, my campaign setting. Currently on hiatus.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Dwarf in the Playground

MindFlayer

Interupt the monolauge with 10d6 fire damage!
    Or Magic Missile.
    Or some type of painfull spell.

And two words

Balefull Pollymorph

22. - Top - End - #22

Oklahoma, where the air elementals carry brooms

As the prior examples show, just do anything you can to belittle the BBEG or his big monologue (which, if he's a good villain at all, he has rehearsed beforehand). Preferably without doing any real damage to anything but his pride, because this is supposed to be mockery, not a sucker-punch. Here's my strategy.

Cast Prestidigitation before you meet the BBEG. During his speech, use the spell to its full effect: juggle created lumps of rock, create more of them and levitate them around the floor to spell words, change the color of your clothing, and, if possible, soil the BBEG's pants, all while standing in one place. If the BBEG protests, say you're still listening and that he can continue, then proceed to magically clean his filthy lair from top to bottom (or soil it, if it's already clean).

23. - Top - End - #23

Devil

haha...rly nice one toric, good idea
    plus any wizrd/sorcerer can do it at any lvl!! i wonder how far u can go with prestigidation...playing circus music while little lumps of rocks juggle themselves in the air should get his attention...makin it seem as if he "soiled" his pants...can u make the cleric smell like a really good roast?

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kemmotar View Post
    haha...rly nice one toric, good idea
    plus any wizrd/sorcerer can do it at any lvl!! i wonder how far u can go with prestigidation...playing circus music while little lumps of rocks juggle themselves in the air should get his attention...makin it seem as if he "soiled" his pants...can u make the cleric smell like a really good roast?
    Maybe not, but according to the spell description, you can make the cleric taste like a really good roast.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

There's no one good solution for handling every BBEG, obviously. The only advice I can give is to think creatively and try everything. Make sure your characters are well-supplied, even with some of the things you don't think they'll ever need.

Example: 3.0 campaign. Low-level party - maybe second level. We encountered the Big Bad's messenger minion (a mid-level fighter/thief type) who was in the middle of his speech on how he was going to kill us all and deliver us into the service of his master blah blah blibbidy blah. In the middle of his speech, I decided that my character (fighter/ranger) would pull out a tanglefoot bag and chuck it at him. He blew his save (not difficult against 3.0 tanglefoot bags), was rooted to the spot and we geeked him without much trouble. I'd plumb forgotten I had that tanglefoot bag hanging around, and it saved us from getting pantsed by this guy.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

Find an alchemist to make you tear gas

27. - Top - End - #27

Programmed Amnesia. Make the trigger 'anything', and have the effect be 'curl up in a fetal position and cry like a baby'.
    Last edited by martyboy74; 2007-05-15 at 03:33 PM.

28. - Top - End - #28

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by martyboy74 View Post
    Programmed Amnesia.'.
    and where can i find that plz?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

One way to piss off a BBEG: play really, really dumb. If he ends up in a final, super-epic duel with a bunch of idiots who completely misunderstand the depths of his (presumably) revealed plans, who take the whole thing as something ridiculously absurd, or if they fail to comprehend it at all, his reaction will almost certainly be among the lines of grunting unintelligably, crying, or both.
    Last edited by Deepblue706; 2007-05-15 at 04:05 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

polymorph them into shinji ikari.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.