New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Important Epic Threads Index

as originally posted on the WOTC boards by zombiegleemax on Sept 26, 2008
    http://community.wizards.com/forum/p...hreads/1617586

All of the original links are dead, I have done my best to recreate the missing links and add appropriate material to this thread, if you know of anything that should be added, please post below, Thankyou

Admin note: Original thread copied from thread archive backup

Jaerom Darkwind

•Index of Official Epic Material
    •Index of Community-Sponsored Epic Material
    •Permanent Emanation Spell List
    •Epic Boards FAQ
    •Guidelines for Epic Progressions
    •Epic Seed Emporium
    •Epic Spell Factors
    •Discount Epic Spell Emporium (DC 1-30)
    •Epic Spell Emporium (DC 40+)
    •Petition for New Epic Material

Epic Compendium http://brilliantgameologists.com/boa...hp?topic=707.0
    Permanent Emanation... handbook? http://brilliantgameologists.com/boa...?topic=10762.0
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ther-questions
    Epic Insights http://archive.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/arch/ei

Spoiler: Epic Boards FAQ (READ THIS FIRST)
    Show

Admin note: thread copied from archive backup

Jaerom Darkwind

Okay, this is the first draft of an FAQ for the epic boards. It’s by no means complete, but I think it is useful even as is. I’ll add more answers as people bring up questions I may have missed.

The 3.0 Epic FAQ http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/EpicLevelFAQ040403.zip
    The 3.5 Epic update http://www.wizards.com/dnd/files/DnD...c_Handbook.zip

When is my character considered epic?
    Okay, this is a complicated question. Being epic comes in stages, like so:
    When your ECL reaches 21, you begin using epic experience tables and epic wealth guidelines.
    When you have 21 total HD, you may begin gaining epic feats.
    When you have 21 character levels, you begin using the epic base attack bonus and save progressions. Note that racial HD are not included in this calculation--they do not use epic attack and save progressions.
    When you have 21 levels in a particular class, you begin using the appropriate epic class progression.
    When you have 20 total HD, including 10 levels in a prestige class, you may begin gaining epic levels in that prestige class.
    When the Epic Level Handbook makes statements like "[class] does not [class ability] after 20th level," they are referring to your 20th class level, not your 20th character level. Specific examples of this are spells per day for spellcasters, and unarmed damage for monks.

When is my weapon considered epic?
    A weapon is considered epic for the purpose of defeating damage reduction X/epic only if it has a +6 enhancement bonus or higher. A weapon with an effective enhancement bonus of +6 against certain monsters (such as a +4 aberration bane longsword against aberrations) also defeats this type of damage reduction. However, any weapon with more than a +10 total bonus, or an ability with an effective bonus of more than +5, uses epic pricing charts.

Where can I find the epic progression for the ____________?
    Check the Compendium of Official Epic Material, in the Important Epic Threads Index at the top of the forum. If it’s not listed there, it hasn’t been published anywhere by WotC. In that case, you’ll have to make one yourself, though many members here would be more than happy to help you. Work that's already been done can be found in the Compendium of Unofficial Epic Material. Since the most common question deals with classes that advance two spellcasting progressions at once, such as the mystic theurge, true necromancer, and so forth, I'll deal with them specifically here. There are two schools of thought on these classes.

The official progression from Wizards of the Coast for the mystic theurge grants increases to a single caster level per level, alternating back and forth, and one bonus feat every six levels. Most agree, however, that this is vastly underpowered. Were you to use this caster level progression, bonus feats should be granted every two or three levels.

The progression that is generally favored by the epic community grants caster level increases to both classes every level, and bonus feats every 6 levels.

Where can I find epic progressions for classes with less than 10 levels, like the Archmage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by the Epic Level Handbook
    These rules allow you to go beyond the normal level limit in a prestige class, but only if it is a ten-level class. Why can't you add levels to a prestige class with fewer than ten levels?

It's Too Easy: Maxing out a ten-level prestige class takes a lot of time and effort, detracting significantly from your pursuit of the Player's Handbook classes. When you max out a five level class, on the other hand, you haven't taken more than a short detour from your main class or classes.

It's Not Significant Enough: Characters with ten levels in the blackguard prestige class undoubtedly think of themselves as blackguards, regardless of the fact that they also have ten levels in one or more other classes. If you've taken fewer than ten levels in a prestige class, those levels represent a smaller fraction of your character's identity.

It's Hard to Build an Epic Progression: With only a few levels to guide you, it's hard to determine what an appropriate progression of class features would be for the class. The rate of improvement of a special ability might be too fast to extrapolate over an infinite number of levels, or there might simply be too few class features to build a unique epic progression.

That said, if your DM wants to allow a character to gain epic levels in a prestige class with fewer than ten levels in its progression, that's okay. Work together with your DM to create an epic progression for the class.
    I’m sitting here looking at my books, and I can’t help noticing that the Epic Spellcasting system seems very flawed and abusable. How broken is it, really?
    At first glance, pretty darn broken. The number of possible abuses are infinite, especially with the newest seeds (mythal and shadow). However, the system includes a failsafe that makes it perfectly balanced--requiring DM approval for every spell. As long as the DM is an intelligent, reasonable person, there shouldn’t be any problems with abusing the epic spellcasting system.

That said, many members have taken it upon themselves to make the system more idiot-proof. Their work is scattered around the boards, so you'll have to do some searching.

Is there a minimum DC for epic spells? Can I research a spell with a DC of 0? Or even a negative DC?

No, the rules list no minimum. DC 0 spells are certainly possible for those willing to pay the price in mitigating factors, and require 4,500 gp, 1 day, and 180 XP to research. Negative DCs, while theoretically possible, are definitely a bad idea. But due to the absence of an explicit rule, the DM is the final judge.

Why doesn’t Mystra’s Ban prevent me from casting epic spells?
    Quote Originally Posted by Originally Posted by Eric Boyd, in Lost Empires of Faerûn
    All those who live by magic know that in ages long past, mages had access to spells of great power. In the aftermath of Netheril’s fall, however, Mystra banned certain high-level spells that she deemed too powerful for mortals to wield responsibly. Thus, current-day spellcasters no longer have access to true spells of 10th-level and higher. Instead, access to epic magic comes via two feats—Improved Spell Capacity and Epic Spellcasting—that function in very different ways.

The Improved Spell Capacity feat grants spell slots above 9th, theoretically without limit. Before Mystra’s ban, powerful mages could fill these spell slots either with true spells of 10th level or higher, or with 9th-level or lower spells fortified by various metamagic feats. After Mystra’s ban, only the latter option remained available.

The Epic Spellcasting feat allows the development and casting of epic spells (spells requiring the use of the epic spell system presented in the Epic Level Handbook, cast through superior mastery of the Spellcraft skill). Mystra’s ban has never applied to epic spells, even those that duplicate the effects of 10th-level and higher spells developed before the fall of Netheril.

Epic spells did exist during the days of Netheril, but the Netherese largely abandoned their development after the discovery of the nether scrolls. During the age of Netheril, epic spells were largely the province of the Fair Folk and were thus almost exclusively associated with high magic. The Netherese, for their part, preferred to develop and use 10th-level and higher spells.

The fact that spells such as Ioulaum’s longevity, Mythanthor’s create mythal, Proctiv’s move mountain, and Tolodine’s killing wind have existed as both high-level spells and epic spells invariably leads to some confusion among scholars of the Art. In the case of Ioulaum’s longevity, the famed archwizard Ioulaum created a 10th-level version before the fall of Netheril and an epic spell version after Karsus’ Folly. The latter was the version cast by his apprentice Tabra, who then destroyed all records she could find of it.

Can a character with the Improved Metamagic and the Heighten Spell (and/or Improved Heighten Spell) feats use them to gain free increases to the DCs of her spells?
    No. Improved Metamagic specifically reduces the spell slot increase of metamagic feats. Heighten Spell and Improved Heighten Spell, however, do not possess spell slot modifiers. They are described as actually increasing a spell’s level, rather than the slot it occupies. As such, the two feats do not interact at all.

However, were a DM to decide that they do interact, it probably would not be overpowered.

What’s the Level Adjustment for the paragon template? How about the quasi-deity template (Divine Rank 0)?
    These are pretty tough. For the paragon template, +16 and +18 are popular numbers. The problem is that the power of the template is much less significant at lower levels than at higher. You should think twice about giving it to characters with less than 15 or 20 Hit Dice.

DvR 0 is easier. The general consensus is +6, though adding extraneous elements like ability score bonuses can boost it significantly.

My character took a Vow of Poverty, but now she’s reached level 21 and there aren’t any new abilities listed for her. All of the other characters are buying epic gear and leaving her in the dust. Where can I find an epic progression for the Vow?
    There is no official progression for the Vow of Poverty beyond level 20. Perhaps if the Epic Insights column had still existed when the Book of Exalted Deeds was printed one would have been released, but that’s not the case. There are very many unofficial progressions that have been devised on the boards here. The one that I believe to be the best was devised by WizO Negathael, and requires an Epic Vow of Poverty feat. It can be found here.

Why are my epic characters more powerful than the deities from Deities & Demigods?
    Because WotC kind of dropped the ball on deity stats. Their policy at the time was to make each book they released a stand-alone work, and so they were bound by their own rules to build deities without using rules from the Epic Level Handbook. Obviously, in retrospect this was a very bad idea. Many people have tried their hands at rebuilding deities using epic rules. Most of this work happens at Dicefreaks.

Why are my epic characters more powerful than the archfiends from the Book of Vile Darkness, the archangels from the Book of Exalted Deeds, and the Elder Evils from Champions of Ruin?
    If you’re playing epic, pause for a moment to laugh at WotC’s farcical cosmic entity stats and move on. They aren’t there to be taken seriously. Trust me. They aren’t even suitable for use as avatars.

For a slightly longer answer, the reason these entities are so weak is that they were designed to exist in a world in which no character can advance beyond 20th level (IE, the world of the core rulebooks). Thus, no mortal could challenge them, no magic weapon could damage them (except artifacts), etc. If any sort of epic rules are used, their stats become meaningless. The fact that you’re here suggests that epic rules are being used in your campaign--therefore, those stats shouldn’t be.

My party just killed a deity. Does this make us gods?!
    No. Merely killing a deity does not allow one to ascend to godhood in any official campaign setting. The process is always more complex than that, and completely under the control of the DM. Talk to her for details.

I have Epic Leadership, and a ton of followers. If I make them worship me, do I become a god?
    No. Merely possessing a number of worshippers does not allow one to ascend to godhood in any official campaign setting (though it may in your DM’s world--ask her).

No, not even the Forgotten Realms. According to the Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting, "by Ao’s decree, a deity’s power is in part derived from the number and fervor of his worshippers..." Note that it says "in part"--that means that deities do not die from losing worship, and they do not ascend by gaining it. There are other requisites for divine power, which your DM must determine (they probably include sponsorship by another deity).

When can we expect an Expanded Epic Level Handbook?
    Not soon, I’m afraid. WotC has not announced any plans for such a work, so we won’t see one for several months (or years) at the least. We’re apparently a small and insignificant sector of WotC’s market, and they don’t feel that another volume would be profitable. However, a lot of board members and 3rd party publishers have taken up the challenge. See the Epic Compendium for more details.

To sign a petition asking WotC for a new epic manual, go here.
    To vote for a revised ELH in a poll, go here.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Jaerom Darkwind : 02-17-06 at 06:14 AM.

Spoiler: Epic in Dragon Magazine
    Show

Dragon Magazine 297 Sentinels of the Shoal article has several feats, spells and the Shadar Sentinel Prc
    Relics of Myth article has several real life based magic items
    Rival the Gods is all about Prcs: Arcane Lord, Master of the Order of the Bow, Perfected One, Stalwart Warden, Unholy Ravager and World Guardian
    Dragon Magazine 308 Morrowind: Tribunal: Paths To Power article has more Prcs: Ordinator and Empowered
    Dragon Magazine 363 Epic Destinies which was in the final days of 3.5 and published online then abandoned by WOTC, on their site I cant find any trace of it anymore, but copies still exist out there
    and here is some home brew based on that article right here on this forum
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...5-Epic-Destiny
    Spoiler: The scions of Tordoth
    Show

originally posted on WOTC boards by terronus on Sept 26, 2008
    http://community.wizards.com/forum/p...hreads/1617546

Here is one of mine, designed for bear warriors. With little mobility and terrible progression to epic levels, I've found this one pretty fun. Admittedly, I've only reached 24, and won't be 30 for possible 4-8 weeks. A little more fluffy than the exalted destinies you have presented, but hopefully still fun.
    Fluff:
    The scions of Tordoth are the worshipers of the ancient primal bear god, and symbolize some of the most powerful warriors of nature incarnate. Tordoth, the Bear-Father, was slain thousands of years ago by the ancient Lord of the Deep, Dagon. Yet even beyond death devout worshippers of nature --barbarians, druids, rangers and clerics-- still draw strength from the mighty power of “Ur-Tordoth”, the Dead Bear Father, who, in life held power most scholars believe was akin to the modern god Obad-Hai.
    Much is lost within the Deep where the Ancient Ones dwell, so none know for certain the outcome-- nor the ferocity-- of the battle between God and Ancient…
    Legendary Bear: You take on the special qualities of a legendary bear, including its space, reach, natural armor and damage when you rage. This form provides a +26 bonus to strength, +4 to dex, and +16 to con.
    You gain damage reduction 10/cold iron and epic.
    Stormrage: Whenever you rage, a terrifying blizzard surrounds you; an echo of the power within the mighty Iceblade Mountains. The storm manifests as swirling shards of ice, wisps of dark storm clouds and howling winds.
    Every foe within 10 feet of you is subjected to a -2 penalty to attacks and saving throws.
    Arctic Roar (Su.): once every 1d4 rounds you can emit a powerful roar that shatters the air with icy shockwaves and takes the form of a 30 ft cone. All enemies within the effect must make a fortitude save (DC 10 + Character Level + Con Modifier) or be affected as though by a slow spell for 2 round. You need not be raging to use this ability.[b]
    Ur-Form: No longer does your faith come from the god Tordoth that once lived… nature itself bestows the resonating power of Ur-Tordoth, the Dead Bear Father.
    You are considered a magical beast [augmented animal; cold] while in bear form.
    When raging, your skin and fur turn a frosty indigo like the heart of a glacier and are covered with long forgotten druidic runes of binding. Even while not raging, these runes cover your body; a symbol of the mighty beast bound within you.
    Stygian Aura: The area of your stormrage extends by 5 feet, and the maelstrom surrounding you fully manifests itself-- plummeting temperatures to unnatural depths. This is a paraelemental [ice] effect that increases each round you rage:
    Round 1: Freezing - 1d4 ice damage.
    Round 2: Glacial - 3d4 ice damage.
    Round 3: Stygian - 5d4 ice damage.
    Within your stygian aura, all natural sources of heat are extinguished, while most liquids freeze instantly.
    Any fire based damage must overcome the ice damage of your aura (this applies to any creature within the area). For example, if you have raged for 2 rounds and roll 3d4 (for 7) damage from your stygian aura and you are targeted with a fireball spell, subtract 7 damage from the effect. As with all creatures of the cold subtype, you still take +50% of any remaining fire damage.
    Ruinous Assault: You can use the Awesome Blow ability as a move action. In addition, if you use ruinous assault for both of your actions, you can use awesome blow as part of one move action instead of independently.
    If you use the ruinous assault ability, you take a -5 (instead of -4) to the attack and a -10 penalty to damage (thus lowering the DC of Awesome Blow).

PS: Yes, I got the name Tordoth from Toldoth in Dieties and Demigods. It sounded cool. The color of his skin? The description from Bahamut's eyes. Sue me.
    PPS: Yep, our DM has us in a Cthulhu world, hence Dagon.

Last edited by Bullet06320; 2015-10-02 at 02:43 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Important Epic Threads Index

Admin note: This is a copy of the original thread from a backup of the thread archive.
    Spoiler: Epic spell compendium 1: Discount Epic Emporium
    Show

Gemstone 05-17-05, 03:40 PM
    Aloon's Epic Spell Compendium: Volume I: Dweomer Staris Arcanum (cheap spells)
    This is a collection of spells and mitigating factors used by the posters from this (http://boards1.wizards.com/showthrea...&page=11&pp=30) thread. Remember, Aloon will not go gently with those who steal his work... or others. Please honor those who created these spells if you use them :D

Agressive Dismissal
    Transmutation [Teleportation]
    Spellcraft DC: 30
    Components: V, S, XP
    Casting Time: 1 action
    Range: 75 feet
    Target: 1 creature
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 6 days, 10,800 xp.Seed: Transport (DC 27). Factors: Change from touch attack to target (+4 DC), unwilling target (+4 DC), interplanar travel (+4 DC), 1-action casting time (+20 DC). Mitigating factors: Burn 1400xp (-14DC), take 15d6 damage (-15 DC).

By use of this spell, you consign any one creature to a plane of your choice. The creature can return to your plane if he can travel between dimension, but is in no way given any special protection from whatever environment you send him to.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Aloon's Irresistable blow
    Evocation [fire]
    Spellcraft DC: 34
    Components: V, S
    Range: 300 ft. bolt
    Duration: Instanteous
    Saving Throw: Reflex
    To develop: 7 days; 306.000 gp; 12.240 XP. Seed: Energy (DC 19). Factors: Increase savingthrow DC by +6 (DC +12), 1 action casting time (DC +20). Mitigating factors: 6d6 backlash damage (DC -12), burn 1000 xp (DC -10), expensive material component 5000 gp (DC -2)

When casting Aloon's Irresistable blow, the caster sends forth a flaming spear that tears all within its reach into shreds. Those inside the 5 by 5 ft area, at a maximum of 300 ft. away from the caster (as any bolt), takes 10d6 fire damage, or half if they manage the Reflex save, that has a +6 DC thanks to the irresistable force beyond the spear. The caster takes 6d6 backlash damage because of the powerful energies flowing through his body when casting this spell.
    Material component: A ruby worth at least 5000 gp.
    By Gemstone

Animate Armor
    Transmutation
    Casting Time: 1 action.
    Range: 300 ft.
    Target: 1 suit of armor.
    Duration: 20 rounds
    Saving Throw: None
    Spell Resistance: No
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 6 days, 10,800 xp.Seed: Animate (DC 25). Factors: Works on attended objects. (+10 DC), 1 action casting time (+20 DC), Mitigating factors: burn 2000xp (-20 DC), works only on armor (ad hoc -5 DC).

This spell animates a single suit of armor for 20 rounds, acting and attacking as the caster directs. This suit can be in the possesion, or even worn by, someone else at the time of the casting of this spell, which would probably cause whoever is wearing the armor to make opposed strength checks to avoid being dragged into battle by their own armor.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Animate Vampiric Concubine
    Necromancy [Evil]
    Spellcraft DC: 25
    Components: V, S, M, XP
    Casting Time: 10 minutes
    Range: Touch
    Target: One corpse touched
    To Develop: 225,000 gp; 5 days; 9,000 XP.Seed: animate dead (DC 23). Factors: Vampire(+6 DC), +5-HD undead created and controlled (+15 DC). Mitigating factors: increase casting time to 10 minutes (-9 DC), expensive material component (ad hoc -4 DC), burn 600xp (-6 DC).

This spell allows the caster to turn one (generally female) corpse into a 25-HD vampire under the caster's complete control.
    Material Component: 10,000gp of ruby dust suspended in a bottle of wine.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Artimus’ Epic Tactical Defence
    Conjuration (Creation) [Force]
    Spellcraft DC: 4
    Range: Close
    Target: 20 ft radius
    Duration: 24 hours (D)
    Saving Throw: Will negates (harmless)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)
    To Develop: 36,000 gp; 1 day; 1,440 XP. Seed: armour (DC 14). Factor: +16 additional armour bonus (+32 DC); change area to 20 ft radius (+12 DC). Mitigating

Factors: Increased casting time to 10 minutes (-20 DC); Additional participants = 2 x 9th level slots (-34 DC)
    An invisible but tangible field of force surrounds the subject of this spell, providing a +20 natural armour bonus to Armour Class. Unlike mundane armour, this spell entails no armour check penalty, arcane spell failure chance, or speed reduction. Because this spell is made of force, incorporeal creatures can’t bypass it the way they do normal armour.
    By spadehammerfist

Aura of Glory
    Transmutation
    Spellcraft DC: 29
    Range: Personnal
    Area: Caster
    Duration: 2 days.
    To Develop: 261,000 gp, 10,440 xp. Seed: fortify (DC 17). Factor: +15 to ability score (+30 DC), increase duration by 100% (+2). Mitigating factor: 10 minute casting time (-18), range personnal (-2).

This spell grants the caster a +16 enhancement bonus to charisma for 2 days.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Black Burst
    Evocation
    Components: V, S, Ritual, Backlash
    Casting Time: 1 round
    Area: 20 ft burst
    Duration: Instant
    Saving Throw: Fort half
    To Develop: yeah its the same as every other 30 cost spell Seed: Destroy (DC 29). Factor: change area to 20-ft. radius (+2 DC), Casting time 1 fullround action (+18), Changed dice to d8s (+10) Mitigating factors: Reduced Range (-6), 5d6 Backlash (-5), two 5'th level spell (-18)

For any wizard with leadership, sacrificing two of your followers level 5 spells you generate a burst of destruction, dealing 20d8 damage to everything in a 20 ft radius (Fort save for half).
    By gradea

Bladeturn
    Abjuration
    Casting Time: 10 minute
    Range: Personal
    Target: You
    Duration: Until expended or 24 hours
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 10,800 xp. Seed: Reflect (DC 27). Factor: 100% duration (+2 DC), 5 extra attacks reflected (+20 DC) . Mitigating Factor: increase casting time to 10 minutes (-18 DC), burn 100xp (-1 DC).

While this spell is active, the creature protected automatically turns the first 10 melee attacks he receives back on their source. The reflected attack rebounds on the attacker using the same attack roll. Once the allotted attacks are reflected, the spell expires.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Call of the Void
    Evocation [fire,sonic,weather] Transmutation
    Spellcraft DC: 36
    Components: V,S
    Casting Time: 11 minutes
    Area: 2 Mile radius burst
    Duration: 10 minutes, 1 round (see text)
    Save: Fortitude for half (see text)
    To develop: 324,000 gp, 7 days,12,960 xp
    Seeds: Energy (sonic and fire) 38,Energy (weather) 25 Destroy 29, smear effects over 2 mile radius ad hoc +12, increase damage from 1 point to 1d4 ad hoc +20, increase damage dice d4 to d10 +20, Duration from 20 hours to one round duration ad hoc -13 DC, +2 destroy dice +40, +3 fire dice +60, +3 sonic dice +60, building bane (structures take maximum damage) ad hoc +12, (Raw DC 303) Mitigating factors: Burn 2000 xp -20, increase casting time 10 minutes -20, 2 spellcasters contributing an epic spell slot -38, 21 spellcasters contributing a level 5 slot -189

Upon completion of this mythal, a chaotic halo of energy and malevolent will begins to coalesce high above the target area, visible to all. It grows in brilliance and intricate structure over ten minutes as it forms. Once fully formed, it unleashes it's horrible furry in a blast of impossibly intense heat. Everything with in a two mile radius takes damage in the form of 3d10 from fire, 3d10 sonic, and 4d10 pure destructive force. Anything reduced to -10 Hp is utterly obliterated leaving only a permanent shadow as proof of its passing. Any building reduced to 0 Hp is leveled to a pile of burning rubble. The heat of the blast drives ferocious winds which makes ranged attacks (even by seige weapons) impossible, as are listen checks. Creatures smaller than huge, or flying creatures smaller than gargantuan must make a fort save at DC 30 or be blown away (DMG wind effects, pg 95 in 3.5). Creatures who are huge, or gargantuan if flying, or those that make their save to avoid being blown away, are instead knocked down. Likewise, those creatures that are larger than gargantuan or colossal, or just colossal if flying, or those that make their save to avoid being knocked down are checked. Those that find themselves in the conflagration must make a Fort save for half. Those that find themselves beneath the halo, and are able to intuit some sense of the danger, can instead substitute a Ref save, and apply class features like evasion and improved evasion, assuming they can make their way to sturdy cover. Those so fortunate might well avoid the directly damaging effects of Call of the Void only to find themselves buried, perhaps suffocating, or under a collapsed and burning building (Treating collapsing buildings as an avalanche. Being in the immediate area of the building is equivalent to being in the bury zone, while areas adjacent to the building are the slide zone. As described in the 3.5 DMG on pg 90). While the furnace, concussion, and winds of the spell dissipate quickly enough, it's prone to lighting many small fires, provided there is the fuel available. Few are lit directly, most originating from other sources violently disturbed. But, in the aftermath, the individual fires are prone to growing together to form a firestorm. First consuming buildings, piles of rubble, or clumps of shattered and denuded trees (in the first couple minutes following the devastation). Eventually, these grow together covering large swaths of land (10 minutes or so.) Treat being in such an area as being caught in a forest fire 3.5 DMG pg 87-88.
    By Insancipitory By Nature

Canabalize Permanent Effect
    Transmutation
    Spellcraft DC: 10
    Spell Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 10 Minutes
    Cost to Develop: 90000 GP; 2 Days; 3600 XP. Seed: Dispel (19), Fortify (17) Factors: Increase Casting time to 10 minutes (-18), Change From Target to Personal (-2) Limited Scope (ad hoc -6)

This spell Dispells all permanent spells cast by the caster on the caster and returns their Exp cost to her Exp pool to be used as she sees fit (recast at higher levels, make items, level up, ect). Permanent spells not cast by the caster are not affected.
    By designatevoid

Create Baby Dragon
    Casting Time: 5 days
    Target: One creature.
    Duration: Permanent
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (see text)
    To Develop: 126,000 gp, 3 days, 5,040 xp.Seed: Transform (DC 21). Factors: transform into other type (+5 DC), 5 extraordinary or supernatural abilities (+50
    DC). Mitigating factors: increase casting time by 9 minutes (-18 DC), Increase casting time by 5 days (-10 DC), range touch (ad-hoc -6), burn 1000 xp (-10
    DC).

This ridiculous excercise in patience turns one creature into an infant dragon (of any type, except prismatic or force). The dragon is considered newly born (age 0) and has all the physical statistics of an infant dragon, but the mental statistics of whatever it was before it started it's career towards draconic awesomeness.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Create Undead Soldier

Necromancy
    Spellcraft DC: 14
    Target: one corpse touched
    To Develop: 126,000 gp, 3 days, 5,040 xp.Seed: Transport (DC 27). Factors: control +2 HD undead (+1 DC), 1-action casting time (+20 DC). Mitigating factors: animate skeleton (-12 DC), animate only 2 HD worth of undead (ad hoc -18 DC).

This spell animates a medium-sized humanoid or animal corpse as a 2 HD skeleton. This skeleton does not count against any controlling limit the caster might have.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Curse of Inadequacy
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Fear, Mind-Affecting]
    Target: One living creature
    Duration: 20 minutes
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 6 days, 10,800 xp.Seed: Afflict (DC 14). Factors: +8 penalty (+16 DC), +5 to save DC (+10 DC). Mitigating factors: Burn 1000xp (-10 DC)

The target of this dire curse gets afflicted with a –10 morale penalty on attack rolls, checks, and saving throws for the entire duration, unless he succeeds his saving throw at -5 to his roll.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Daily Armor

Spellcraft DC: 28
    Target: Creature touched
    To Develop: 252,000 gp; 6 days; 10,080 XP. Seed: armor (DC 14). Factor: +16 additional armor bonus (+32 DC). Mitigating factors: increase casting time by 9 minutes (–18 DC)

This spell grants a caster additional armor, providing a +20 bonus to Armor Class. The bonus is an armor bonus. Unlike mundane armor, daily armor provides an intangible protection that entails no armor check penalty, arcane spell failure chance, or speed reduction. Incorporeal creatures can’t bypass the daily armor the way they can ignore normal armor.
    By P33KAJ3W

Deadly Eye
    Divination
    Casting Time: 1 minute
    Range: See text
    Effect: Magical sensor
    Duration: 40 minutes (D)
    To Develop: 126,000 gp, 3 days, 5,040 xp. Seed: Reveal (DC 19). Factors: mobile sensor (DC +2), spells can be cast through sensor (DC +6), increase duration 100% (DC +2), double sensor speed (ad hod DC +2). Mitigating factors: Backlash 1d6 damage (-1 DC).

This spell creates an invisible mobile sensor (speed 60 feet) that the caster mentally controls. This sensor travels as the caster wishes it, allowing the caster to see, but not hear, anything within its visual range (as with a scrying spell, save that the Deadly Eye does not have to be set to a specific person). In addition to granting the ability to see remote places, the caster can cast any of his spells through the Deadly Eye, even if he does not have line of effect or line of sight from his own position (he must, however, have line of effect to the Eye, and line of sight and effect from the Eye to the chosen target or area). The spell automatically ends if the Eye ever moves out of line of effect from the caster.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Deckard's Impenetrable Fortress
    Abjuration, Evocation [Force]
    Spellcraft DC: 31
    Casting Time: 30 days
    Range: 0 ft.
    Area: 400-ft cone.
    Duration: Permanent (Undispellable)
    Saving Throw: N/A
    To Develop: 279,000 gp; 6 days; 11,160 XP. Seeds: energy (DC 19), ward (DC 14). Factors: energy seed generating wall of force instead of

an element (ad hoc +4), ward generating antimagic field (ad hoc +11), change area to cone (+2) 400ft long (+18), permanent duration (x5). Mitigating factors: increase casting time to 30 days (-80), six extra casters contributing 5th-level slots (-54) and 2500 XP (-150), caster spends 2500 XP (-25).

This spell allows several mages to build a fortress out of force planes, and adds powerful dweomers to it in order to protect its walls. When casting the spell, you may create any floor-plan you wish, as long as it fits within a 400-ft tall cone. It may contain doors, portculises and other such objects; crafting hinges out of the force planes would not be too difficult (and the Epic Obstacles section of the SRD mentions force doors). The castle could even be floating above the ground, and in fact many mages take this approach so that they can be casting at ground level (the cone must extend from the caster of the spell). Like any force-plane, the planes hold fast at the location they are placed at and are entirely immovable. Although they are naturally invisible, one could concievably paint or tint the walls with mundane pigments to make the castle look more impressive.In addition to physical defense, the fortress is extremely well-warded against magic. The entire construction is under an antimagic effect similar to that of an antimagic field. All non-epic magic cast inside the fortress fails, standing effects are suppressed, and magical attacks on the walls must be able to penetrate antimagic to function. Naturally, this makes the fortress nearly impervious to attack. Neither can it be dispelled; none of the dweomers which combine to form the fortress are affected by such magic. Only epic spells and mage's disjunction have a chance of harming the fortress; the former must make a caster level check against check of the creator to function, and the latter has only a 1% chance per caster level of destroying a 20-ft sphere of the castle.

Building a fortress of this kind is not easy, however. The mage who knows the spell must enlist the help of six other mages, each contributing a Wall of Force (5th level spell slot) to create the walls and some raw magical power (2500 XP) to protect them. The creator of the spell must expend some raw magical power of his own (2500 XP) to bring the masterpiece together. Even with seven magi working on the construction of the fortress, it takes one month to build.
    By Eco-Mono

Deific Toughness
    Transmutation
    Components: V, S, Ritual
    Casting Time: 10 Minutes
    Duration: 20 Hours (D)
    Saving Throw: Yes (harmless)
    To Develop: 270,000 gp; 6 days; 10,800 XP. Seed: Fortify (DC 17). Factors: increase damage reduction to DR 10/magic (+18 DC), increase damage reduction to DR

10/Epic (+15 DC), increase damage reduction to DR 10/Epic and Adamantine (ad hoc +15 DC). Mitigating Factors: increase casting time by 9 minutes (-18 DC),

one additional caster contributing a 9th level spell slot (-17 DC).
    My channeling the essence of the gods, the caster can imbue a creature with the toughness common to many powers, granting the target DR 10/Epic and
    Adamantine.
    By Starmage21

Demiurges Wrath
    Evocation
    Spellcraft: DC 8
    Components: S, M
    Casting Time: Quickened
    Target: -
    Area: 200 ft.
    Effect: 20d20 vile and 20d20 exalted
    Saving Throw: Reflex Half (DC +50)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (Caster Level +25)
    Development Cost:72,000 GP, 2880 XP, 2 Days

The caster sits down upon the throne of god. The throne turns to dust and the caster falls dead. The ground opens up, the ceiling crumples, black smoke spews forth from below while white light rains down from above. Everything in a 200 ft. radius takes 20d20 vile damage and 20d20 exalted damage. The save for this spell is increased by 50 and the caster level is treated as 50 higher for determining spell resistance.

Seed: Energy (19), Seed: Energy (19), Factors: Change damage to vile (+20 Ad Hoc), Factors: Change damage to exhalted (+20 Ad Hoc), 20d6 Damage (+40), 20d6 Damage (+40), Change Damage Die to d20 (+50), Change Damage Die to d20 (+50), Casting Time Reduced to quickened action (+28), Change Area to 20-ft. Radius (+2), x10 Base Area (+20), +50 to Save (+100), +25 to Caster Level vs. SR (+50), no verbal component (+2) Mitigating Factors: 20,000 Experience Loss (-200 DC), Material Component Valued at 100,000 gp (-200 Ad Hoc), Caster Dies with no chance of resurrection (-50 Ad Hoc)
    By P33KAJ3W

Destroch's Acid Rain
    Evocation [Acid]
    Area: 2 mile radius, centered on the caster
    Duration: 20 hours
    Saving Throw: Yes
    To Develop: 306,000gp; 7 days; 12,240 XP. Seed: Energy (weather) 25DC; Seed: Energy 19 DC. Factors: Recurring damage (ad hoc +10 DC). Mitigating Factors: Burn 2,000 XP (-20 DC)

Destroch's Acid Rain summons forth a large unmoving raincloud that forms during 10 minutes after the spell has been cast. The raincloud then releases a
    torrential downpour of potent acid that dissolves everything caught in the rea dealing 10d6 damage every minute. The acid continues to pour down within the area for 20 hours, usually leaving behind nothing but a bare infertile field.
    XP Cost: 2,000 XP
    By Starmage21

Epic Barkskin
    To Develop: 126,000 gp, 3 days, 5,040 xp. Seed: Armor(DC 14). Factors: +8 natural armor bonus (+16)

This seed grants a creature additional armor, providing a +12 Natural Armor bonus to Armor Class.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Epic Damage Reduction
    Abjuration
    Target or Effect: Touched creature or object of 2,000 lb. or less
    Duration: 24 hours
    To Develop: 270,000 gp; 6 days; 10,180 XP. Seed: ward (DC 14). Factors: increase damage reduction to 20 (+30 DC), apply to all three damage types (+4 DC)

Mitigating factors: change casting time to 10 minutes (-18 DC).
    The target of this spell gains damage reduction 20/- for the duration of the spell.
    By Father Dale

Epic Energy Drain
    Necromancy [Death]
    Spellcraft DC: 47
    Target: one living creature
    Saving Throw: Fortitude half
    To Develop: 423,000 gp; 9 days; 26,920 XP. Seed: slay (DC 25). Factors: 1-action casting time (+20 DC). increase damage to 5d4 (+12 DC), Mitigating factors:

10d6 backlash (–10 DC).
    This spell bestows 5d4 negative levels on all a single living creature, or half as many negative levels on a successful Fortitude save. If the subject has at
    least as many negative levels as Hit Dice, it dies. If the subject survives and the negative levels persist for 24 hours or longer, the subject must make
    another Fortitude saving throw, or the negative levels are converted to actual level loss.
    Focusing this much negative energy at once deals 10d6 backlash damage to the caster.
    By Father Dale

Epic Heal
    Conjuration (Healing)
    Components: V, S, DF
    Casting Time: 3 minutes
    Saving Throw: Yes (harmless; see text)

To develop: 261000 gold, 10440 XP, 6 days. Seed: Heal (DC 25). Factors: Restore drained ability points (+6 DC), dispel negative levels (+2 DC). Midigating factors: Increase casting time by 2 minutes (-4 DC).

This completely cures all diseases, blindness, deafness, hit point damage, temporary ability damage; restores permanently drained ability score points;
    neutralizes poisons in the subject's system so that no additional damage or effects are suffered. It offsets feeblemindedness and cures mental disorders caused by spells or injury to the brain. It dispels all magical effects penalizing the character’s abilities, including effects caused by spells, even epic spells developed with the afflict seed. It dispels all negative levels afflicting the target. This reverses level drains by a force or creature. The drained levels are restored only if the creature lost the levels within the last 20 weeks. Only a single application of the spell is needed to simultaneously achieve all these effects. Against undead, the influx of positive energy causes the loss of all but 1d4 hit points if the undead fails a Fortitude saving throw.
    By Pesi

Epic Magic Weapon
    Transmutation
    Spellcraft DC: 3
    Target: one weapon per level within a 20 ft radius
    To Develop: 27,000 gp; 1 day; 1080 XP. Seed: fortify (DC 17). Factors: enhancement bonus from +1 to +10 (+18 DC), change from target to area (+10), change area to 20 ft radius (+2). Mitigating Factors: Increased casting time to 10 minutes (-18 DC), additional participants = 2 x 7th level slots (-26 DC)

As greater magic weapon, except this spell grants a +10 enhancement bonus.
    By spadehammerfist

Fanatic Whispers
    Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting]
    Components: XP
    Range: 75 ft.
    Duration: 20 hours or until completed
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 10,800 xp. Seed: Compel (DC 19). Factor: Unreasonable suggestions (+10 DC), no verbal component (+2 DC), no somatic component (+2 DC). Mitigating Factor: burn 300xp during casting (-3 DC).

This spell allows a caster to impose a single mental compulsion on a target within range by silent act of will. The effect of this compulsion is like the
    Suggestion spell, save that *any* form of compulsion can be given, even obviously self-destructive ones.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

False Seeing
    Illusion (Glamer)
    Casting Time: 4 minutes
    Range: Personal or touch
    Effect: 20' Radius
    Duration: 200 minutes or until expended (D)
    Spell Resistance: No or Yes (harmless, object)
    This spell stops all attempts to use truth-giving divination magic on the area. True Seeing and all other divination spells simply do not reveal anything amiss or give inconclusive results (as appropriate). For instance, summoned monsters would be indistinguishable (by magical means) from illusionary ones
    within the area of effect. A Caster Level Check is allowed when first attempting to use a particular divination on the area covered by False Seeing, if the diviner is successful then their divination works normally on the area, otherwise it is useless.

To Develop: 270,000 GP, 10,800 XP, 6 days. Conceal Seed (17), Blocking Divinations (+6), Target to Area (+10), 3 more minutes of casting time (-3); Final DC 30
    By Drachasor

Hive Mind
    Divination
    Spellcraft DC: 28
    Range: see text
    Target: you and up to 5 additional creatures touched
    To Develop: 252.000 gp; 6 days; 10.080 XP. Seed: Contact (23). Factors: Increase Duration +700% (+14), 5 additional targets (+5), increase casting time by 9 minutes (-18), language independant (+4).

You create a telepathic bond with 5 willing creatures you touch. You can communicate with these creatures as long as you are on the same plane. The
    Communication is two-way, but liberal. You can not read the creature's minds.
    By Lord of Dorkness

Impotent Rage
    Transmutation
    Target: One creature or inanimate, nonmagical object
    To Develop: 126,000 gp, 3 days, 5,040 xp. Seed: Transform (DC 21). Factors: gaseous form (+10 DC), 1-action casting time (+20) Mitigating factors: burn 2000 xp (-20 DC).

This spell turns the target into gaseous form. Permanently.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Invulnerability
    Abjuration
    Spellcraft DC: 31
    Duration: Until expended or 24 hours
    To Develop: 279,000 gp; 6 days; 11,160 XP. Seed: reflect (DC 17). Factors: increase duration 100% (+2 DC), additional 5 attacks reflected (+20 DC) Mitigating factors: change casting time to 10 minutes (-18 DC)
    All melee attacks targeted against the caster rebound on the original attacker. The reflected attack rebounds on the attacker using the same attack roll. The spell can reflect 10 total melee attacks before its magic is expended and the spell ends.
    By Father Dale

Kaleidoscope
    Illusion (Figment)
    Range: 12,000 ft.
    Effect: Visual figment that can extend for up to twenty 30-ft. cubes (S)
    Duration: Concentration plus 20 hours
    Saving Throw: Will disbelief (if interacted with)
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 6 days, 10,800 xp.Seed: Delude (DC 14). Factors: Programmed illusion (+9 DC), 20 additional images (+20 DC), Audio component (+2 DC), Olfactory component (+2 DC). Mitigating factors: Expensive material component (-4 DC), Burn 1,300 xp when casting (-13 DC)

This spell acts like mirror image save that the caster can decide at the time of casting whether he wants the images to be in his square, or on any other squares up to 12,000 ft range. The spell produces 20 images. Note that the images do not move about the caster, which means that if the caster is identified as being the real one, it might be hard to fool onlookers into loosing him (though teleportation, or becoming invisible and then visible again might be sufficient)
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Keen Intellect
    Transmutation
    Spellcraft DC: 35
    Target: personal
    To Develop: 315,000 gp; 7 days; 12,600 XP. Seed: fortify (DC 17). Factors: change target to personal (-2 DC) increase enhancement bonus to +20 (+38 DC), Mitigating factors: change casting time to 10 minutes (-18 DC)
    The caster of this spell gains a +20 enhancement bonus to his intelligence for the duration of the spell.
    By Father Dale

Lesser Crimson Wall
    Evocation, Necromancy (Death)
    Spellcraft DC: 19
    Seeds: Energy (Wall/Dome form) (DC 19), Slay (Negative Levels) (DC 25)
    Casting Time: 11 Minutes
    Range: 300 feet
    Area: Wall with area of up to one 200 foot square
    Saving Throw: See Text
    SR: Yes
    Mitigating Factors: Increase Casting Time by 10 minutes (-20 DC), decrease Damage Die by 1 step (on Energy; damage die d4)

This potent, simple spell brings into existence a flaming wall of death. Anyone passing through the wall takes 2d4+20 points of Fire damage and must make a Fortitude save or receive 2d4 Negative Levels. Those merely passing within one side of the wall (chosen by the caster at the time of casting) take 2d4 damage if within 10 feet of the wall, or 1d4 damage if within 20 feet of the wall. Creatures are allowed a Reflex save to reduce the Fire damage by half.
    Sorry, I forgot to check this up... PM me about it please

Lesser Raspberry
    Abjuration
    Spellcraft DC: 15
    Target: Creature Touched
    To Develop: 135000gp; 3 days; 33750XP; seed: Ward (DC 14); Factor of the seed +4 DC for all three damage types; +210 DC for +105 on the absorption of damage; Factors: +10 caster level to overcome spell resistance (+20 DC); permanent (x5 DC). Mitigating factors: increase casting time by 10 minutes (-20 DC); burn 18,500XP (-185 DC); Additional casters 5 giving epic spell slots (-95 DC); Additional casters burn 18,500XP (-925 DC).The Raspberry allows a group of epic casters to help hurry their way to invincibility. As this spell is cast the spellcasters call to mind every cut, bruise, and stabbing they have been subject to. Then they imagine the weapon bouncing off of them. As each minute of the spell’s casting comes to an end the verbal and somatic component for each of the participants is to raise their hands and press their thumbs to their temples. At this point they spread their fingers and wiggle them as they stick out their tongues and blow, (making a Raspberry sound). Once the spell is cast, the main caster may touch him/herself and all other casters (As per the rules in the PHB). From then on the effect is permanent the recipients of the Lesser Raspberry ignore the first 110 points of damage dealt to them each round, as long as the damage is slashing, piercing, or bludgeoning.
    By Danielle

Lithic Banishment
    Transmutation, Conjuration
    Target: One creature
    Saving Throw: Fortitude, Will.
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 6 days, 10,800 xp.Seed: Transform (DC 21), Transport (DC 27). Factors: transform into inanimate object (DC +10), transport to other

plane (DC +4), reduce casting time by 9 rounds (DC +18. Mitigating factors: Burn 2000 xp (DC -20), 30d6 backlash damage (DC -30).

Lithic Banishment attempts to get rid of minor nuisances by disposing of them in a efficient, nature-friendly way. On casting, the target must immediately make a Fortitude saving throw, or find himself transformed into a small pebble (the target's equipment is not affected by this). Immediately afterwards, the
    target must make a Will saving throw, to avoid being transported to a random location of the Elemental Plane of Earth (along with his equipment, if the target succeeded the Fortitude save). Note that creatures transformed into pebbles do not gain the benefit of their untransformed physical abilities, and are blind, deaf, dumb, and unfeeling.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Mass Energy Drain
    Necromancy [Death]
    Spellcraft DC: 59
    Area: 20’ radius spread
    Saving Throw: Fortitude half
    To Develop: 531,000 gp; 11 days; 22,240 XP. Seed: slay (DC 25). Factors: change target to area (+10 DC) change area to 20-ft. radius spread (+2 DC), 1-action

casting time (+20 DC). increase damage to 5d4 (+12 DC), Mitigating factors: 10d6 backlash (–10 DC).
    This spell bestows 5d4 negative levels on all living targets in the area, or half as many negative levels on a successful Fortitude save. If any subject has at least as many negative levels as Hit Dice, it dies. If any subject survives and the negative levels persist for 24 hours or longer, the subject must make another Fortitude saving throw, or the negative levels are converted to actual level loss.Focusing this much negative energy at once deals 10d6 acklash damage to the caster.
    By Father Dale

Mass Epic Fortitude
    Transmutation
    To Develop: 261,000 gp; 6 days; 10,440 XP. Seed: fortify (DC 17). Factors: change target to 20’ foot radius area (+12 DC) increase enhancement bonus to +10 (+18 DC), Mitigating factors: change casting time to 10 minutes (-18 DC)

All creatures within the area of this spell gain a +10 enhancement bonus to their fortitude saving throw for the duration of the spell.
    By Father Dale

Mass Tough Hide
    To Develop: 270,000 gp; 6 days; 10,180 XP. Seed: armor (DC 14). Factors: change target to area (+10 DC) change area to 20-ft. radius spread (+2 DC), increase armor bonus to +15 (+22 DC), Mitigating factors: change casting time to 10 minutes (-18 DC).

The skin of all creatures within the area of the spell is reinforced with magical force for the duration of the spell. Each affected creature gains a +15 natural armor bonus for the duration of the spell. This natural armor entails no armor check penalty, arcane spell failure chance, or speed reduction.
    Incorporeal creatures can’t bypass the armor the way they can ignore normal armor.
    By Father Dale

One Head, Two Minds
    Transmutation
    Spellcraft DC: 32
    Primary seed: Transform
    To Develop: 288,000gp; 6 days; 11,520XP
    Factors: Grant one extraordinary ability (+10 DC), Transform two heads into 1 and keep the brain (Add hoc +21 DC), increase casting time by 10 minutes (-20 DC).

One Head Two Minds grants the target an Ettin’s extraordinary ability of Superior Two-Weapon Fighting. This spell increases the targets brain capacity to fight with 2 weapons as if it had 2 heads, although the target still retains its one head. Although the creature has 2 brains, it thinks and acts as a person with one head. This by no means grants the 2 headed template and only the ability described below. Superior Two-Weapon Fighting (Ex): A creature fights with a weapon in each hand. Because each of its two brains controls an arm, the creature does not take a penalty on attack or damage rolls for attacking with two weapons.
    By spike81101

Reincarnated as Baby Dragon
    Conjuration (Healing)

Casting Time: 68 days
    Target: One creature.
    To Develop: 261,000 gp, 6 days, 10,440 XP.
    Primary Seed: Transform (DC 21), Secondary Seed: Life (DC 25)
    Factors: transform into other type (+5 DC), 11 extraordinary or supernatural abilities (+110 DC), 4 possible size increases (+24 DC) Mitigating factors: increase casting time by 10 minutes (-20 DC), Increase casting time by 68 days (-136 DC)

This sadistic ritual turns one creature into an infant dragon (of any type, except prismatic or force). The dragon is considered newly born (age 0) and has all the physical statistics of an infant dragon, but the mental statistics of whatever it was before it was reincarnated as a dragon. At the end of this incredibly long ritual, the target is killed with a dragon tooth (of the type he wishes to be transformed into) piercing his heart. If the caster of this spell and the target are one in the same, another person must pierce his heart with the dragon tooth, he cannot do it himself. The creature is immediately restored with an infant dragon body with full hit points, vigor, and health, with no loss of prepared spells. However, the subject loses one level (or 1 point of Constitution if the subject was 1st level).
    By spike81101

Screaming Sphere
    Evocation [Sonic]
    Area: a sphere with a radius of up to 20 ft.
    Saving Throw: Reflex half
    270,000 gp; 6 days; 10,800 XP. Seed: Energy (DC 19). Factors: 1 action casting time (+20 DC), Mitigating Factors:9d6 backlash damage

This spell allows the caster to create a sphere that emanates sonic energy for up to 20 hours. One side of the sphere, selected by the caster, sends forth waves of energy, dealing 2d4 points of sonic damage to creatures within 10 feet and 1d4 points of sonic damage to those past 10 feet but within 20 feet. The sphere deals this damage when it appears and in each round that a creature enters or remains in the area. In addition, the sphere deals 2d6+20 points of sonic damage to any creature passing through it. The sphere deals double damage to undead creatures. Creating the sphere inflicts 9d6 damage to the caster.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Shield of Forethought
    Casting Time: 5 minute
    To Develop: 126,000 gp, 3 days, 5,040 xp. Seed: Armor(DC 14). Factors: insight bonus (0 DC), +2 insight bonus (+20) Mitigating factors: +4 minutes casting time (-4 DC).

This spell grants a creature additional armor, providing a +3 Insight bonus to Armor Class.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Shield of Lasting Life
    Transmutation
    Components: V, S, M
    Duration: 40 hours
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 10,800 xp. Seed: Fortify (DC 17). Factor: +24 hp (+ 48 DC), Increase duration + 100% (+2 DC) Mitigating Factor: burn 1500xp during casting (-15 DC), increase casting time by 9 minutes (-18 DC), Expensive material component (-4 DC).

Casting the spell, which requires the expenditure of no less than 25 yellow gems of at least 400gp worth brings about the appearance of twenty-five small twinkling motes of light around the designated target. For the duration of the spell, anytime the subject would take any damage, each point of damage consumes one mote of light instead of damaging the target. These motes are treated as temporary hit points, and this spell does not stack with any other spells that grant temporary hit points.
    Material Component: 25 yellow gems worth at least 400gp each.
    XP Cost: 2,000 XP.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Smite Apprentice
    Enchantment (Compulsion)
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 6 days, 10,800 xp.Seed: Afflict (14). Factors +4 to caster level penalty (+16)
    This dire curse lowers a spellcasting character's effective caster level by 5 for any purpose that requires a caster level check. A spellcaster whose

effective caster level is dropped to 0 can still cast spells that require caster level checks, but those spells have no effect.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Sorcerous Superiority
    Abjuration
    Target or Effect: One person
    Duration: 3 days.
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 6 days, 10,800 xp.Seed: Ward (DC 14). Factors: nullifies Dispel Magic (+4 DC), nullifies Greater Dispel Magic (+ 10 DC), Nullifies Disjunction (+16 DC), increase duration by 200% (+4 DC) Mitigating factors: Increase casting time to 10 minutes (-18 DC).

This spell nullifies the following three spells for the recipient: Dispel Magic, Greater Dispel Magic, and Disjuntion for three days.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Summon Balor
    conjuration(summoning, evil)
    spellcraft DC: 31
    components: V,S, Ritual
    casting time: 1 minute
    range: 75 ft.
    duration: 40 minutes
    saving throw: no
    SR: no
    To Develop: 279,000 GP, 6 days, 11,160 XP, seed: summon(DC 14), factor: summon balor(+40 DC), increase duration by 1100%(+22 DC), Mitigating Factors: 2 casters contributing 9th level spell slots(-34 DC), increase casting time by 9 minutes (-9 DC), Increase casting time by 2 days (-2 DC), expensive material component (-10 DC).

The casting of this spell causes a balor demon to appear within 75 feet of the casters. The balor does the caster's bidding for 2 days, then dissapears.

easy variations include summoning solars and pit fiends, pit fiends are the same DC, solars add +4 to the DC and change the subtype to good
    Material Component: A statue of the summoned monster worth 25.000 gp.
    By feartheinvinceblehamster

Summon Noble Djinn
    Conjuration (Summoning) [chaotic][good]
    Casting Time: 1 Action
    Effect: One Summoned Noble Djinn
    Duration: 20 rounds (D)
    Spell Resistance: None
    To Develop: 324,000gp, 7 days, 12,960XP. Seed: Summon (DC14). Factors: Summon CR8 outsider (+12 DC), 1 Action casting time (+20DC), 10d6 Backlash damage (-10DC).

This spell summons forth a Noble Djinn to do your bidding. These beings are able to grant 3 wishes to any nongenie.
    By Starmage21

Summon Pseudonatural Housecat
    Effect: One summoned creature
    Duration: 10 minutes (D)
    Saving Throw: Will negates (see text)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (see text)
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 6 days, 10,800 xp.Seed: Summon (DC 14). Factors: CR 16 creature (+28 DC), +400% duration (+8 DC). Mitigating factors: Burn 2000xp (-20DC).

This spell allows the caster to summon a Pseudonatural Housecat for 10 minutes, assuming the cat fails it's will save and sr check.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Touch of Divine Grace
    Transmutation
    Components: V, S, M, XP, DF
    Duration: 5 days
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 10,800 xp. Seed: Fortify (DC 17 x 3). Factor: +5 to Will saves (+5 DC), +5 to Reflex saves (+5 DC), +5 to Fortitute saves (+5 DC), Duration +500% (+10 DC) Mitigating Factor: 10 minute casting time (-18 DC), Burn 400xp (-4 DC), expensive material component (-4 DC).

Casting this spell on a willing target grants that target a +5 enhancement bonus to all his saving throws for 5 full days.
    Material Component: Specially consecrated anointment oil (10,000 gp).
    XP Cost: 400 XP
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Transcend Mortality
    Transmutation
    Spellcraft DC: 24
    Target: Personal
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates (harmless)
    To Develop: 216,000 gp, 5 days, 8,640 xp.Seed: Transform (DC 21). Factors: Transform type (+5 DC), Mitigating factors: Change to personal (DC -2)

This spell tranforms the caster into an outsider. The caster's appearance does not change, only his type. Any racial hit dice or traits that the caster might have are lost and replaced by an outsider's. If the caster does not have any racial hit dice, he is simply treated as a 0 hit dice outsider with class levels. This generally grants the caster 60' darkvision, lack of need for food or sleep, lack of aging, and inability to be raised, reincarnated, or ressurected.
    By Kyuketsukiouji

Undeath to Oblivion
    Conjuration (Healing), Transmutation
    Components: V, S, XP,
    Range: 12,000 ft.
    Target: 1 creature
    Saving Throw: Fortitude partial (see text)
    To Develop: 306,000 gp; 7 days; 12,240 xp. Seed: Heal (DC 25), Seed Destroy (DC 29) Factors: change from touch to target (+4), reduce

casting time to 1 standard action (+20). Mitigating Factors: Decrease dice to d4 (-5), decrease damage dealt to 4d4 (-32), take 7d6 damage from casting (-7).

This spell channels positive energy combined with a tiny bit of destructive force to utterly destroy one undead creature if it fails it's fortitude save. If it succeeds, it instead takes 2d4 points of damage, which is of no type. The caster takes 7d6 points of damage from channeling such terrific energies. This spell can in theory be cast on living targets, in which case it functions as heal, except it heals them of all but 4d4 hitpoints.
    Backlash Damage: 7d6
    By Dreamknight

Who Was That
    Divination
    Spellcraft DC: 25
    To Develop: 225,000 gp; 5 days; 9,000 XP. Seed: Foresee (DC 17). Factor: Learn name, race, level, class, and alignment of one creature (+8)

You learn the name, race, level, class, and alignment of any one creature that you have seen before (a glimpse as it rushes past you counts). This spell can be useful for certain things, like learning who that person was so you can summon or call him to you.
    By Dreamknight
    Last edited by Bullet06320; 2015-10-02 at 03:44 AM.

3. - Top - End - #3

Admin note: This is a copy of the original thread from a thread archive backup
    Spoiler: Epic Spell Compendium: Discount Epic Emporium, Part 2
    Show

Gemstone 05-17-05, 03:41 PM
    Part 2 of the spell collection

Adamantine Body
    Transmutation
    Spellcraft DC: 37
    Components: V, S, M
    Casting Time: 5 minutes
    Area: None
    Duration: 60 hours
    To develop: 333.000 gp; 7 days; 13.320 XP; Seed: Fortify (DC 17); Factors: Grant an enchantment bonus to Constitution of 12 (+24 DC), Grant Damage Reduction 15/magic (+30 DC), Increase damage reduction to x/Adamantine (Ad hoc +20 DC), increase duration by 200% (+4 DC); Mitigating factors: Burn 1000 XP when casting (-10 DC), Expensive material component (-10 DC), Change from touch to personal (-2 DC), Increase casting time by 4 minutes (-4 DC), Burn 4 level 7 slots (Ad hoc -28 DC), take 8d6 damage at casting (Ad hoc -4 DC)
    When casting this spell, the caster consumes a small adamantine statue that resembles him in some fashion. When doing this, the caster’s body transforms and becomes as one with the adamantine. This transformation lasts for 60 hours and grants the caster DR 15/admantine and a +12 enchantment bonus to constitution (thus increasing his hp by 6 per level).
    Material Component: A miniature copy of you made from adamantine worth at least 25.000 gp
    XP cost: 1000 XP
    Few know the origins of the Adamantine Body spell that seemed to burst forth from an ancient ruin of netheril .The truth is that a adamantine elemental constructed this spell for his apprentice, a human mage, so that he also could enjoy the benefits of having a body harder than any other matieral. What happened to the elemental and his apprentice, nobody besides themselves know, but they left several spells like this behind them.

Aloon's Spell Node
    Abjuration
    Casting Time: 10 minute
    Target: Any object of 2000 lb or less
    Area: 300 ft. radius, centered on the object.
    To develop: 7 days; 324.000 gp; 12.960 XP. Seed: Ward (DC 14). Factors: Grant a +5 bonus vs. SR (DC +10), Increase area by 3000% (DC +60), Cause spells to go energy flux (DC +20), Creatures of good alignment can't enter (Ad hoc DC +10), Spells with the [good] subtype can't be cast (Ad hoc DC +15), Add immunity against disjunction (DC +18), Add immunity against Greater dispel magic (DC +12). Mitigating factors: 6000 XP cost (DC -60), Expensive material component (DC -10), Caster takes 16d6 damage at casting (Ad hoc DC -8), Caster must 'use up' six level 6 spells (Ad hoc DC -36), increase the casting time to 10 minutes (DC -9).

Developed by the powerful and dangerous Red wizard Aloon, Aloon's Spell Node is the first spell of its kind. Developed to be a new kind of mythal-like creation, Aloon's Spell Node bends the rules of magic into new dangerous patterns as it consumes magical items at the casting of the nodes.
    Upon completion of the spell, a powerful magical barrier is raised in the surrounding area, preventing the entry of Good creatures, casting of spells with the [Good] subschool and grants all Evil aligned casters a +5 bonus to their checks to beat SR. If a creature is attacked by any creature that isn't good inside the ward, the spell allows entrance of this specific good creature. This was intentionall, since the barrier was created by Aloon to function as an arena where he could battle the Chosen of Mystra. If any creature inside the sphere that isn't good comes less than five feet away from a good creature, that creature is also specificly allowed entrance into the sphere. A successfull spell resistance check also avoids the spell effect. The bonus against SR still apply though.
    Any spell cast against a creature inside the sphere from the outside, will result in a powerful magical energy flux, causing the caster as much damage as the target inside the sphere. Any spell cast from within to the outide, has the same effect. The sphere is also unaffected by Mordenkainens disjunction (Disjunction), aswell as greater dispel.
    When casting the spell, the caster 'uses up' 6 level 6 slots. Prepared slots can be sacrificed. The caster also takes 16d6 damage when casting the spell. This damage doesn't countiniue for each round and can be healed normaly.
    Material component: Two +4 shields is consumed during the casting
    XP cost: 6000 XP
    By Gemstone

Arthas diversion
    Illusion(glamer/figment),Conjuration(teleport)
    Spellcraft DC:33
    Casting Time: 10 minutes, contingent
    Range: personal , teleport up to 1000ft up
    Effectisual figment, glamer and teleport
    Duration:concentration 200 minutes and instantaneous (for the teleport)
    Saving Throw: Will(disbelieve)
    To Develop:297000Gold, 11880Xp, 6days;Seedselude (+14),Conceal (+17), Teleport (+27) Factors: audible, olfactory, tactile dublicate contingent (+25) subject can attack (+4) Migration Factors: restrict teleport to 1000 ft (ad hoc -10), 10 minutes casting time (-18), decrease DC by spending XP2000) (-20)
    range from touch to personal (-2)

This was the first and less impressive version of the spell Athas masterfull diversion, created by the archsorcerer Arthas.
    When the caster is would be hit by a deadly attack like a sword strike or an arrow this spell creates an illusion o the caster that dies, as if the attack would have hit. The caster is transported 1000 ft away into any direction but it must still by in the line of sight so the cater can concetrate to make the death believeable. The after the teleport the caster is rendered invisble.
    By Banpa

Conans Courage
    Abjuration
    Target or Effect: Personal
    Duration: 7 days.
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 6 days, 10,800 xp.Seed: Ward (DC 14). Factors: damage reduction (all) (+4 DC), damage reduction 15 (+ 20 DC), increase duration by 600% (+12 DC) Mitigating factors: Increase casting time to 10 minutes (-18 DC), change target to personal(-2).

This spell grants the caster damage reduction 15/- for seven days.
    By P33KAJ3W

Dawn-Star's Defensive Circle - Melee Reflection
    Abjuration
    Spellcraft DC: 0
    Component: V,S
    Casting time: 54 days and 10 minutes
    Range: touch
    Duration: Permenent
    Research: 9000gp, 1days, 360xp;
    Seed: Reflect(DC27); factors: modify range to "touch"(+2DC), Permanent (x5DC); mitigating factors: Increase casting time by 9 minutes(-18DC), Contribute a 9 level spell slot(-17DC), Increase casting time by 54 days(-108DC)
    This spell reflects all melee attacks on the receiver of the spell to the attacker

False Dragon
    Illusion(Figment), Evocation [Fire]
    Casting time: 6 minutes.
    Range: 12,000 feet.
    Effect: Visual figment
    Duration: Concentration + 20 Hours.
    Saving Throw: Will disbelief (if interacted with) + Reflex for half (see text).
    Spell Resistance: No, Yes (see text)
    To Develop: 261,000 gp, 6 days, 10,440 xp, Factors: Seed: Delude (DC 14), Energy (DC 19). Factor: audible aspect (+2 DC), olfactory aspect (+2 DC), tactile aspect (+2 DC). Mitigating factors: +5 minutes casting time (-10 DC)

This spell allows the caster to create an illusionary red dragon that can take up to 20 30-ft cube. This dragon moves as the caster directs, but will dissappear if struck, unless the caster causes it to react. In addition to the visual aspect of the illusion, it has an audible, olfactory and tactile aspects, though it deals no real damage.

In addition to the illusionary damage it causes if not disbelieved, at any point during the spell's duration, once, the caster can cause the illusionary dragon to spit out a line of fire 5 feet wide and 300 feet long, causing 10d6 points of fire damage (reflex save for half). This is real fire, and cannot be disbelieved, though it can be stopped by spell resistance (which might allow onlookers to realise something is amiss).

Keledar's protective removal
    Abjuration, Enchantment
    Duration: 20 rounds
    Saving Throw: Will partial; See text
    Spell Resistance: Yes partial; See text
    To develop: 7 days; 306.000 gp; 12.240 XP. Seed: Dispel (DC 19), Afflict (DC 14); Factors: increase Dispel check by +10 (DC +10), Dispel all new spells (Ad hoc +20 DC). Mitigating factors: Costly material component (DC -4), Burn 2000 xp (DC -20), 1 round stun (Ad hoc -5)

When casting this spell, the caster makes a targeted dispel check against all the protection spells cast upon the target with a +20 bonus on the dispel check. For the next 20 rounds, each new spell cast upon the target that is benefitial is affected as per a dispel with a bonus of +20 on the dispel check. When casting this spell, the caster suffers extreme pain and is stunned for a round (no save).
    Material component: Opal dust worth at least 10000 gp
    XP cost: 2000 XP
    By gemstone

Mage and Cleric, HIGH FIVE!
    Abjuration
    Spellcraft DC: 0
    Range: Personal and another individual within 300 ft.
    Area: -
    Duration: 12 hours
    To Develop: 4,500 gp, 180 xp, 1 day. Seed: reflect (DC 27). Factor: one additional target within 300 ft. (+10). Mitigating factor: 10 minute casting time (-18), one additional caster contributing an epic spell slot (-19).

This spell reflects the first 5 melee attacks agenst the casters back upon the attacker. This lasts 12 hours or untel expended.
    By P33KAJ3W

Multiplicity
    Transmutation
    Casting Time: 10 days, 11 minutes
    Area of Effect: 60 ft. radius centered on casters body
    Saving Throw: Fortitude negates
    To Develop: 261000gp, 6 days, 10,440 XP; Seed: transform (DC 21); Factors: transform target into caster (+25), change from target to area (+10), change area to 20 ft. radius (+2), increase area by 200% (+8), contingent (+25); Mitigating Factors: Increase casting time by 9 minutes (-18), change range to personal (-2), increase casting time by 10 days (-20), burn 2,000 XP (-20).
    This contingent spell, once triggered by the death of the caster, immediately attempts to transform every creature in a 60 ft. radius into an exact likeness (personality, memories, mental abilities, etc) of the caster that has just been killed.

Nathandiel Nour Nas (Bringer of shadow)
    Illusion (Shadow, Evil)
    Spellcraft DC: 22
    Range: 0 ft.
    Area: None
    Spell Resistance:[/b] No
    To develop: 198,000 gp; 4 days; 7,920 XP; Seed: Shadow (DC 14). Factors: Increase created creatures CR by 16 (DC +32), Increase duration by 900% (DC +18), Make it possible to create any creature (Ad hoc +10 DC). Mitigating Factors: Expensive material component (-15 DC), Increase casting time by 9 minutes (-9 DC), Burn 1000 XP (DC -10), Caster takes a -1 penalty to his caster level (DC -3), Can only be cast by a shadow weave user (-10 DC), limited movement of the creature (-5 DC).
    You bring stuff from the plane of shadows into your reality and form a creature from this. This creature is any creature of CR 20 or lower, with the shadow template (MoP) and obeys your every command. The creature must be able to understand your commands to obey you, or it will act to give you as much advantage in the situation as possible as far as it can understand.
    The powerful magic used at the casting of this spell however, needs to be replaced. Therefore, as long as the spell is in effect, the caster takes a -1 penalty to his caster level. This penalty can’t be overcome in any way, since Shar is the one who took away the power. This spell can only be cast by a shadow weave user and if the creature ever goes further away than 200 ft. from you, it dissolves into shadow stuff again and the spell ends.
    Divine focus: A holy symbol of Shar and a small voodoo doll, portraying the creature that you will create
    Material component: Crushed black opals, worth at least 25,000 gp and a small statue of the creature that you will create worth at least 12,500 gp.
    XP cost: 1000 xp

Brought to Toril by the avatar of Shar herself during the time of troubles, this potent spell was written down by her highness and etched into an obsidian plate that now rests in the hands of the highest clergy of her church. Even though the spell has only been used a few times, it’s well known that the user of the spell can create a powerful host of body guards through this spell. It’s said that the powerful cleric Kay from the wasteland close to Anauroch used this spell to destroy a great temple of Lathander just a few years ago.

Shadow's Legacy
    Illusion (Shadow)
    Range: See Text
    Target: See Text
    Saving Throw: Will disbelief (harmless, see text)
    To Develop: 270,000gp, 6 days, 10,800 XP; Seed: shadow (DC 23); Factors: duplicate caster (+20), contingent (+25), permanent (x5); Mitigating Factors: Increase casting time by 10 minutes (-20), increase casting time by 100 days (-200), change from target to personal (-2), Shadow Weave specific (-20), burn 6,800 XP (-68)

This spell, upon death, creates a shadow duplicate of the caster (as he/she was at the time of casting, possessing full hit points, knowledge , and personality of the caster)

Rhadamanthus's Negamagic Sphere
    Abjuration
    Components,S
    Casting Time:11 minutes
    Range:Personal
    Duration:24 hours
    Saving Throw:None
    Spell Resistance:No
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 6 days, 10,800 xp, Factors: Seed:[i]Ward (DC 14), Nullifies dispel magic (+6 DC), Nullifies greater dispel magic (+12 DC), Nullifies mordenkainen's disjunction (+18 DC), Mitigating factors: Increase casting time by 10 minutes (-20 DC)

This protective spell creates a 10-foot radius emanation around the caster, protecting him from dispel magic, greater dispel magic, and mordenkainen's disjunction. These spells can still be cast through or out of the sphere.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gemstone05-17-05, 03:42 PM
    Chapter 2: How to create Epic spells
    Creating epic spells can be quite hard, escpecially with the limited amount of mitigating factors presented in the Epic Level Handbook. Therefore, this chapter will reveal some of the secrets that the most powerful archmages use...
    Mitigating factors

Expensive material component: By requiring the use of an expensive material component when casting a spell, you can reduce the final DC of the spellcraft check. -1 DC per 2.500 gp worth of material

Caster level loss: By reducing your caster level with 1 for the next 24 hours, you can reduce the total DC by -3. You can't reduce more than ½ of your caster level, nor use this mitigating factors on a spell with a longer duration than 24 hours. This happens everytime the spell is cast.

Magical ability loss: By removing the ability to cast spells from the caster for 24 hours, the final DC is reduced by 20. This happens everytime the spell is cast.

Outsider interference: For each 3% chance there is that a powerful outsider will appear and attack the caster, reduce the final DC by 1 (maximum 99% chance). Roll each time the spell is cast.

Insanity: When casting the spell, the caster has a chance of going insane (as per a 24 hours confusion). A successful will save vs. DC 15, +2 for each -1 to the total DC of the spell, avoids the confusion. This can't be used on spells with a shorter duration than 24 hours. A save must be done each time the spell is cast.

Sacrifice: By sacrificing a creature everytime the spell is cast, the final DC is reduced. Lower the final DC with 1 per 2 CR of the sacrificed creature. Only one creature can be sacrificed each time the spell is cast. If the creature is truly willing (not as willing through a charm spell), the DC is lowered with 2 per 3 CR of the creature

Increase research time: Each additonal week of time it takes to research the spell reduces the final DC by 1.

Area limitation: Lower the final DC by 10 if the spell can't be cast outside an area that is less than 1 square mile.

Spell sacrifice: When casting the spell, you lose a number of spells of a given level that is set during the creation of the spell. You cannot sacrifice 1st level spells for this.
    2nd -1 DC
    3rd -2 DC
    4th -3 DC
    5th -5 DC
    6th -7 DC
    7th -9 DC
    8th -10 DC
    9th -12 DC
    Epic -15 DC

------------------------------------------------------------------
    P33KAJ3W05-17-05, 09:44 PM
    I made a math error, please use this corrected vertion:

Demiurges Wrath
    School: Evocation
    Spellcraft: DC 8
    Components: S, M
    Casting Time: Quickened
    Target: -
    Area: 200 ft.
    Effect: 20d20 vile and 20d20 exalted
    Saving Throw: Reflex Half (DC +50)
    Spell Resistance: Yes (Caster Level +25)
    Development Cost:72,000 GP, 2880 XP, 2 Days

The caster sits down upon the throne of god. The throne turns to dust and the caster falls dead. The ground opens up, the ceiling crumples, black smoke spews forth from below while white light rains down from above. Everything in a 200 ft. radius takes 20d20 vile damage and 20d20 exalted damage. The save for this spell is increased by 50 and the caster level is treated as 50 higher for determining spell resistance.

Seed: Energy (19), Seed: Energy (19), Factors: Change damage to vile (+20 Ad Hoc), Factors: Change damage to exhalted (+20 Ad Hoc), 20d6 Damage (+40), 20d6 Damage (+40), Change Damage Die to d20 (+50), Change Damage Die to d20 (+50), Casting Time Reduced to quickened action (+28), Change Area to 20-ft. Radius (+2), x10 Base Area (+20), +50 to Save (+100), +25 to Caster Level vs. SR (+50), no verbal component (+2) Mitigating Factors: 20,000 Experience Loss (-200 DC), Material Component Valued at 100,000 gp (-200 Ad Hoc), Caster Dies with no chance of resurrection (-50 Ad Hoc)

Starmage2105-25-05, 07:07 PM
    Destroch’s Grenade
    Evocation [Fire][Sonic]
    Area: 20ft. radius sphere
    Saving Throw: Reflex half
    To Develop: 270,000gp; 6 days; 10,800 XP. Seed: Energy (DC 19). Factors: Change Area to 20ft. radius (+2 DC), 1 action casting time (+20 DC). Seed: Energy (DC 19). Mitigating Factors: burn 2,000 XP (-20 DC); 10d6 backlash (-10 DC).

There are many things across the planes that are immune to sonic energy, and many more that are immune to fire, but there are none immune to both. This spell deals 10d6 fire and sonic damage to any creature caught in the radius.

DreadWizardDM12-06-05, 07:46 PM
    Here is my little contribution.

Malice’s Battle Ward
    SEED: Ward (Abjuration)
    SPELLCRAFT DC: 45
    Components: v/s/m
    Range: touch
    Target or Effect: Touched creature or object of 2,000 lb. or less; or 10-ft.-radius spherical emanation, centered on you
    Factors: (1 action cast time +20dc), ( Prot from Slash, bludgeon, piercing +4DC), (Increase from 5/- to 20/- +30 DC)
    Mitigating Factors: (Sacrifice 10k ruby -4DC), Burn 1000 XP -10 dc), (Backlash damage of 5d6 -5 DC),

This potent defensive spell was created by the Female Illusory Lich Malice. She has shared this spell with her consort Xavior. This Epic spell protects the caster from all forms of melee damage and grants the protected individual damage reduction 20/- vs all types of weapons.

Please check my spell because I am not very good at creating epic spells, it seems like the DC is a little high for some reason.

Xavior's Undead Heart
    Seed: Heal (Necromancy / Harm)
    Components: v/s/m
    Casting time: 1 action
    Range: 300 ft
    Target: 40’ radius
    Saving throw: Fortitude Partial
    Factors: (Change from touch or ranged touch attack to target +4dc), (Change to Area 40’ radius +21 DC) (increase save DC by +5 = +10 DC)
    Mitigating Factors: (sacrifice 10k black pearl -4 dc), ( burn 1000 xp – 10 dc,)

This horrible spell is the reverse of the Heal seed with dire consequences to anyone facing an epic Lich. Xavier shares this spell with Malice his consort. This spell causes all living things to lose all but 1-4 HP withen a 40’ radius burst (Fort save to avoid), however deathward protects the subject). Also the spell causes living beings in the area to gain 4 Negative levels (fort save to negate). Undead withen the area of effect are fully healed of all damage.

Once again if someone could check my epic spells to make sure they are done properly I would appreciate it.

Gemstone12-06-05, 08:29 PM
    The DC for your Battle Ward should be 59 instead of the listed 45. Also, the backlash damage would occur for every round during 24 hours, dealing very serious damage. For non continious damage, the mitigating DC is -1.
    Else than that, I see no problem

DreadWizardDM12-06-05, 09:39 PM
    I always thought backlash damage dealt during the casting time? Say your casting time is 10 minutes, then you would take the backlash for that whole 10 minutes? Also I have never heard of non continious damage for backlash mitigation. Can you clarify for me please?

Sincerely, Confused epic spell developer LOL. thanks!

Gemstone12-06-05, 09:44 PM
    Actually, if you look at Backlash damage in the epic level handbook (or the SRD)...
    1 The caster cannot somehow avoid or make him or her self immune to backlash damage. For spells with durations longer than instantaneous, the backlash damage is per round. If backlash damage kills a caster, no spell or method exists that will return life to the caster’s body without costing the caster a level—not even wish, true resurrection,

The Backlash at casting damage is a Discount Epic Preporium Official Mitigating Factor :D Check my third post on this thread

Kyuketsukiouji12-07-05, 01:25 PM
    Basically, the problem is that the backlash rule contradicts the Epic Handbook sample spells. From my talks with customer support, it's generally agreed backlash should be at casting, but no one ever bothered corrected thing, so the rule stands as it is. It makes sample spells like Enslave utterly stupid, mind you, but that's how it works for now.

The Summon seed is equally broke, officially giving a save and SR to spells that really shouldn't have any.

rob_douglas12-07-05, 02:03 PM
    The whole point of backlash as a mitigating factor is that it is a penalty. Taking backlash once for a spell that lasts 3 months is not really a penalty. It is designed to be used with spells that hit hard in a short amoutn of time. The spells are wrong because the people writing them were just not being competent. I don't know what they were on those days, but they made a mess of a lot of spells mostly with the permanent factor, and the errata'ed versions were no better - they just looked for factors to fill in the holes to get the final DC down to the same number that was published - again not thinking about the spells and the design rules.

The Summon seed is equally broke, officially giving a save and SR to spells that really shouldn't have any.
    It only gives a save and SR if you try to summon a unique being. The creatures attacked by said summoned creature do not get a save or SR to avoid being struck, etc.

ROB

Starmage2112-07-05, 02:27 PM
    If you read it, every summoned creature gets a save. Stupid, I know; because im pretty sure the intent was only for specific beings to get a save, but it happens.

Kyuketsukiouji12-08-05, 04:00 PM
    Well, I wasn't there when the wrote the books, so I won't presume to tell anyone what the designers were thinking. The problem is that, as the seeds are written, the sample spells make no sense.

For instance, the whole "SR and save only for unique beings" thing is well and nice, but that's just not what the books says. The books say anything has a save, and has SR. But then, you turn around and spells like Dragon Knight don't mention it at all.

My guess is that someone changed their minds on how the seeds work, but didn't update part of it.

As fas as it goes, I don't play with backlash per round, and I don't give saves/sr on summons.

ArcanaMaster07-22-06, 07:01 PM
    Lithic Banishment
    Transmutation, Conjuration
    Saving Throw: Fortitude, Will.
    To Develop: 270,000 gp, 6 days, 10,800 xp.Seed: Transform (DC 21), Transport (DC 27). Factors: transform into inanimate object (DC +10), transport to other

plane (DC +4), reduce casting time by 9 rounds (DC +18. Mitigating factors: Burn 2000 xp (DC -20), 30d6 backlash damage (DC -30).

Lithic Banishment attempts to get rid of minor nuisances by disposing of them in a efficient, nature-friendly way. On casting, the target must immediately make a Fortitude saving throw, or find himself transformed into a small pebble (the target's equipment is not affected by this). Immediately afterwards, the
    target must make a Will saving throw, to avoid being transported to a random location of the Elemental Plane of Earth (along with his equipment, if the target succeeded the Fortitude save). Note that creatures transformed into pebbles do not gain the benefit of their untransformed physical abilities, and are blind, deaf, dumb, and unfeeling.
    By Kyuketsukiouji The caster cannot somehow avoid or make him or her self immune to backlash damage. For spells with durations longer than instantaneous, the backlash damage is per round. If backlash damage kills a caster, no spell or method exists that will return life to the caster’s body without costing the caster a level-not even wish, true resurrection, miracle, or epic spells that return life to the deceased. Spells that normally penalize the recipient one level when they return him or her to life penalize a caster killed by backlash two levels.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ur-Epic-Spells
    Last edited by Bullet06320; 2015-10-02 at 04:07 AM.

4. - Top - End - #4

Admin note: thread copied from thread archive backup
    Spoiler: Guidelines for Epic Progressions
    Show

Jaerom Darkwind 10-28-05, 05:42 AM
    Guidelines for Creating and Writing Up Epic Progressions

The Epic Level Handbook has been out for a few years now, and the epic community has grown considerably since that time. For a while, Epic Insights supported us by providing new epic material for all of the major sourcebooks as they came out. But after that was discontinued, we were left basically on our own. Now most epic material is user-created, and the biggest need is epic progressions for the hundreds of base and prestige classes that WotC has published.

A lot of people wish to help with this, but don't know where to start. The ELH contains some information on how to generate such progressions, and there are conventions that have become common in the community. So based on these, I've laid out some guidelines in this document to help people get started.

Basics

Epic progressions, as you should know, start at 21st level for base classes and 11th level for prestige classes. You cannot create progressions for classes with fewer than 10 levels. So before you ask, that means no epic archmage. If you really feel the need to continue such a class, the correct way to do so is to create a separate epic PrC that can be continued indefinitely. Classes with more than 10 levels (such as the true necromancer) can also be continued, and follow the standard rules for epic class progressions.

Epic progressions never include Base Attack Bonus or Save listings. They automatically use the standard epic progressions. The class's Hit Die size and skill points per level do not change, nor does its skill list.

Spellcasting

A base class does not gain any new spells per day or spells known as part of its epic progression. Its caster level continues to increase at whatever its normal rate is. Any special features of spellcasting (such as the sorcerer's ability to swap out spells) is treated as a separate special ability (see below).

A prestige class that grants bonus spellcaster levels continues to do so at its normal rate. A prestige class with a separate spellcasting progression does not gain any new spells per day or spells known. Its caster level continues to increase at whatever its normal rate is.

A class that grants bonus spells known or spells per day in addition to its normal progression might consider this progression to be a separate special ability (see below). To grant an expanded spell list or spell levels beyond its normal maximum to a class whose progression tops out below 9th-level spells, an epic feat should be created.

Special Abilities

Special abilities may or may not continue, depending on a few things. If an ability follows a set pattern (however erratic), it is continued in the same pattern. If the ability does not follow a pattern, it is generally not continued. There are, however, a few exceptions to this. (Remember that any of these special cases can unbalance a progression quite severely if the designer isn't careful.)

Capstones: Many prestige classes grant a "capstone" ability at 10th level. This ability is typically usable once per day, and is emblematic of the overall theme of the class. Such abilities should be usable one additional time per day every 5 levels after 10th.

Special Ability Lists: Some class features allow a character to select from a limited list of options. Often times, it is easier to just discontinue the progression at epic. However, at the designer's option the list may be expanded and/or complicated, to allow for an epic progression (assuming it follows a set pattern and is thus elegible for continuation). To expand the list, simple add additional abilities, either chosen from non-epic (preferably 5-level) PrCs or invented specifically for the class. These abilities shouldn't be much more powerful than the non-epic options, and shouldn't include signiture abilities from any other class--an epic progression should never confer the same level of skill in a discipline that a PrC dedicated to it does (at most, the ability should represent dabbling in it). To complicate the list, state that certain special abilities that could not be selected multiple times at non-epic levels can at epic. These should typically be abilities that grant numeric benefits, and should either stack or increase their benefit each time.

Unique Abilities: Some prestige classes include a series of abilities that follow a clear progression and theme, but are each unique. Expanding such a progression would be desirable, but given that epic classes must advance infdefinitely, it would be extremely difficult to continue in the same way. A better option is to include a list of special abilities in the appropriate vein from which the character can select. These should include stackable options, to allow for infinite progression.

New Abilities: At times, you will want to add unique abilities at epic that the non-epic progression did not touch upon. Originally, in order to do this a separate epic prestige class had to be designed. However, Epic Insights #6 set a precedent for breaking this rule under some circumstances, and as of Epic Insights #16, this school of thought was abandoned entirely. Such abilities may now be added directly to the class progression.

In fact, based on the new precedent it is this designer's opinion that the following epic PrCs should be folded into the classes they are based on as new epic progressions: master of the order of the bow (order of the bow initiate), spellfire heirophant (spellfire wielder), stalwart warden (dwarven defender), unholy ravager (ravager), and possibly perfected one (monk). The bonus feat lists of both classes should be combined.

Bonus Feats

The vast majority of epic class progressions will include bonus feats, whether or not the class received them pre-epic. These feats are to fill in, not for missing class features, as some suppose, but rather missing power. There are classes that gain far fewer features at epic levels than before, but the power of those features increases to such an extent that they need few epic feats to maintain balance. The following table provides guidelines for assigning such a progression.

1/2 levels No other class features are continued
    1/3 levels No other class features are continued except spellcasting;
    Only one or two class features are continued
    1/4 levels Spellcasting and one or two other class features are continued;
    Various class features are continued
    1/5 levels No other class features are continued except spellcasting from two classes;
    Most class features are continued
    None All class features are continuedA minor class feature, such as familiar advancement, need not push a class into a lower teir.

To select bonus feat lists, consider the list of the class that most closely parallels the class in question. Add and subtract from that list as you see fit. Don't be afraid to create new epic feats that continue or enhance class features that were not advanced in the epic progression, but look at existing feats as a guide for how much is too much when you do.

Transformational Prestige Classes:
    These classes are different enough from the norm to merit their own section. For now, I'll just link you to Epic Insights #6 (http://archive.wizards.com/default.a...d/ei/20021208a) for a discussion of this. If the community feels that that column isn't clear enough, I'd be glad to write a more detailed explanation of how to dela with such classes.

Epic Prestige Classes

This is a topic I'll address soon.

A Few Useful Templates

To format your classes for the message boards, feel free to use the following templates. To access them, use the button at the bottom of this window, which will show you the raw code. All you need to do is insert your own material into them. They're best viewed and manipulated using CourierNew or FixedSys font.

In general, try to use the wording of the non-epic class to describe abilities whenever possible. Make sure you list every ability that increases, even if it follows the exact pattern outlined non-epic.
    Lvl Special

Lvl Special Spellcasting
    11 +1 level of existing class
    12 +1 level of existing class
    13 +1 level of existing class
    14 +1 level of existing class
    15 +1 level of existing class
    16 +1 level of existing class
    17 +1 level of existing class
    18 +1 level of existing class
    19 +1 level of existing class
    20 +1 level of existing class

EPIC CLASS

Hit Die: d_.

Skill Points at Each Level: _ + Int modifier.

Ability (Ex): At 12th level and every 3 levels thereafter, the epic class can do stuff, as normal.

Bonus Points (Ex): At 15th level and every 5 levels thereafter, the epic class increases her bonus points by two, as normal.

Bonus Feats: The epic class gains a bonus feat (selected from the list of epic class bonus feats) every three levels higher than 20th.

Epic Class Bonus Feat List: Epic Feat, Custom Feat, Epic Feat, Epic Feat, Epic Feat, Feat*, Epic Feat.

* Non-epic feat.

CUSTOM FEAT [Epic]
    You can do stuff good.
    . Prerequisites: Ability to do stuff.
    . Benefits: You do stuff better.
    . Really.
    . Special: There's a catch, though.
    . Classes: Epic Class.

Epic Spell Creation: Permanent vs. Instantaneous
    http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthr...-Instantaneous
    Last edited by Bullet06320; 2015-10-02 at 04:10 AM.

5. - Top - End - #5

last post I need reserved, almost done with this, but bedtime now, I will continue later on tonite after work, but if anyone see anything needs fixing or adding, please go ahead and post away. and I will probly be breaking up and making the spell compendiums a bit easier to read instead of the wall of text behind the spoiler boxes, thanks for the patience

6. - Top - End - #6

geuss I didn't need that last one, but I'm all finished now
    added a few links I thought would be handy, cleaned up the spell compendium posts, add info from Dragon Magazine as well
    if any one has anything that's need to be added, let me know, and feel free to post your own epic spells here as well