New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Infinity quiver?

Quick question. Is there a magic item that allows me to continually draw ammunition from it?
    Round Four: Eat Brains.
    SPLAT!
    Cheers for the avvy, Rincewind

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Infinity quiver?

If you modifyed a bag of infinite caltrops...
    I'm the Official Monk Advocate!
    Quote Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
    Excuse me while I invent a spell to scrub my brain.
    Quote Originally Posted by turkishproverb View Post
    If you play cheese, never complain when you are killed by it.
    Stuff:
    Force Adept

Magician

Proud Hobgoblin slayer of the Daigo Fanclub - So glad You found your Soul Mate!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quiver of Anariel, unique Forgotten Realms item. You should be able to find it in Catt-Brie's equipment list somewhere on the Wizards site.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic_Avenger View Post
    Trust me, Ikkitosen knows what he's talking about.

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Ikkitosen View Post
    Quiver of Anariel, unique Forgotten Realms item. You should be able to find it in Catt-Brie's equipment list somewhere on the Wizards site.
    Thanks, Catti-Brie was where I got the idea from, that and Baldur's gate 2.
    (In BG2 they have infinity bolt cases and infinity bullet bags but no infinity quiver )
    SPLAT!

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Aw, man, I can't find it on the Wizards site, though I did find Hank's Energy Bow, which I'd forgotten they'd featured... I dunno, though, I'm not clear how this models his ability to shoot Energy Arrows into the ground to make a trampoline or temporary bridge...
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Quiver of Plenty was on the first floor of Watcher's Keep, actually. http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/dos...e/258273/34147
    Avatar is Kashardaler, God of Dreams done by GryffonDurime

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Don't you get the opportunity to kill Drizzt and co in that game, though? Presumably, she'd have the item in question as part of her gear?
    It is a joyful thing indeed to hold intimate converse with a man after one’s own heart, chatting without reserve about things of interest or the fleeting topics of the world; but such, alas, are few and far between.

– Yoshida Kenko (1283-1350), Tsurezure-Gusa (1340)

8. - Top - End - #8

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Don't you get the opportunity to kill Drizzt and co in that game, though? Presumably, she'd have the item in question as part of her gear?
    You'd think that, but she just has regular arrows I think. Don't even remember if she has Cutter on her body when you kill her.

Anyway, I found the Quiver of Anariel, costs 28,200 gold and allows owner to continually draw alchemial silver arrows. Just what I was looking for.
    SPLAT!

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

Can someone please refer me to where the Quiver of Anariel is listed I have been looking around for it but just can't find it

10. - Top - End - #10
    Bugbear in the Playground

http://www.candlekeep.com/library/ar.../drizzt-35.htm

Although, why would you have the quiver without the bow?
    Paragon Badger (14 HP)
    Str 23, Dex 32, Con 30, Int 17, Wis 27, Cha 19
    AC: 33, Claw: +29 Melee (1d2+19)
    Body by Jake Army. Avatar by Kyace.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Paragon Badger View Post
    http://www.candlekeep.com/library/ar.../drizzt-35.htm

Although, why would you have the quiver without the bow?
    Because there are better bows...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Underlord View Post
    All hail great Shneekeythulhu! Ia Ia Shneeky fthagn
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quite possibly, the best rebuttal I have ever witnessed.
    Joker Bard - the DM's solution to the Batman Wizard.
    Takahashi no Onisan - The scariest Samurai alive
    Incarnum and YOU: a reference guide
    Soulmelds, by class and slot: Another Incarnum reference
    Multiclassing for Newbies: A reference guide for the rest of us

My homebrew world in progress: Falcora

12. - Top - End - #12
    Halfling in the Playground

Quiver of Anariel:

Quivers of Anariel appear to be typical arrow containers capable of holding a score of arrows. However, the quivers automatically replenish themselves with standard or magical arrows, such that they are always full. Some quivers also create arrows made of special materials, such as adamantine, cold iron, or alchemical silver.

Once an arrow it taken from the quiver, it must be used within 1 round or it vanishes.

Moderate conjuration; CL 7th; Craft Wondrous Item, magic weapon, minor creation; Price 28,000 gp (standard arrows), 29,000 gp (masterwork arrows), 32,000 gp (+1 arrows), 44,000 gp (+2 arrows), 64,000 gp (+3 arrows), 92,000 gp (+4 arrows), 128,000 gp (+5 arrows); Add an additional +6,000 gp for adamantine arrows, +4,005 gp for cold iron arrows, or +200 gp for alchemical silver arrows; Weight 1 lb.
    Originally on the wizards site, if I remember correctly.

Edit: Note that this is a horribly priced item, both in how the price scales, and in that it's massively overpriced anyway.
    Last edited by Borogove; 2007-08-07 at 04:33 AM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Borogove View Post
    Originally on the wizards site, if I remember correctly.

Edit: Note that this is a horribly priced item, both in how the price scales, and in that it's massively overpriced anyway.
    How can an infinite number of +5 arrows ever be over priced. Consider that 50 +5 arrows would cost 50,350 gp. Then think of the fact that this quiver can be made to produce infinite +5 adamantine arrows, for a mere 134,000gp. So for merely tripling the price of fifty magic arrows, I can get infinite magical adamatine arrows? Yes please.
    The light shine on you, and the Creator shelter you. The last embrace of the mother welcome you home.

Wanna check out all the nifty Homebrews I've done? Click Here! Hurry!

Awarded the Bronze Donkey by Serpentine, for the Ass at the End of the Universe.

Come on in and give a shout out from where ever you are!!

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FireSpark View Post
    How can an infinite number of +5 arrows ever be over priced. Consider that 50 +5 arrows would cost 50,350 gp. Then think of the fact that this quiver can be made to produce infinite +5 adamantine arrows, for a mere 134,000gp. So for merely tripling the price of fifty magic arrows, I can get infinite magical adamatine arrows? Yes please.
    Consider that a +5 bow costs 50400 gold. Consider that it makes all arrows used with it +5.

Consider that actually, if we want to then complain about better enhancements for bows, a chained, Arcane Reached CL20 Greater Magic Weapon costs a 6'th level spell slot, and can be gotten at level 15.

Consider that the base price of infinite arrows is equal to 560000 arrows.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

just think of how many arrows you can get for 28k, and then considder how long it would take you to use them all.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Well, if I'm not mistaken, magical arrows fired from a magic bow will use the higher bonus of the two sources.

For example, if you fire a +5 arrow from a +1 Holy Brilliant Energy Speed Longbow, those arrows become +5 Holy Brilliant Energy Speed arrows.

Is that worth 128,000 gp? Maybe not. But it's worth a lot.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    Consider that a +5 bow costs 50400 gold. Consider that it makes all arrows used with it +5.

Consider that actually, if we want to then complain about better enhancements for bows, a chained, Arcane Reached CL20 Greater Magic Weapon costs a 6'th level spell slot, and can be gotten at level 15.

Consider that the base price of infinite arrows is equal to 560000 arrows.
    Don't forget that it also creates the arrows with a special material (ie: alchemical silver, cold iron, or adamantine). That alone has got to be worth a pretty platinum.
    The light shine on you, and the Creator shelter you. The last embrace of the mother welcome you home.

Wanna check out all the nifty Homebrews I've done? Click Here! Hurry!

Awarded the Bronze Donkey by Serpentine, for the Ass at the End of the Universe.

Come on in and give a shout out from where ever you are!!

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

True. But that's not the pricing issue. As well, all but adamantine arrows are dirt cheap (cold iron? Nothing. Alchemical silver? Next to nothing).

Note that pricing guidelines state that 100 castings is effectively infinite (or something along those lines). Also, note that getting indefinate adamantine arrows (no magic) is 34k. Which is 550 adamantine arrows or so.

Anyways, just because you can get indefinate adamantine arrows at relatively low cost, doesn't mean that the ridiculous pricing on +1 arrows isn't ridiculous. If adamantine is too low, then it's broken two ways. Too cheap on materials, too expensive on magic.

19. - Top - End - #19

The pricing for magic arrows would be less absurd if the spell greater magic weapon didn't exist. But it does. so, instead of buying a magic quiver, buy the wizard a pearl of power (3rd level), which costs 9000, not 32000. And scales without any further money invested.
    Last edited by Borogove; 2007-08-07 at 05:59 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Well, there was a quiver of plenty in the Dragon Magazine Compendium, Vol. 1 (And more than likely ONLY, but still my fingers are crossed) Which gives an infinite number of masterwork: wooden, iron-tipped, alchemical silver, and I think maybe even cold iron-tipped arrows per day, and five Mwk adamantine-tipped/day. Hope this helps.

Beguiler, you just got served.
    ALL hail DirtyTabs, creator of this wonderful UserClone TRONpony!
    *sigh*
    X Stat to Y Bonus
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC
    Railroading isn't saying "There is a wall there", Railroading is when you say "There is a wall everywhere BUT there"

21. - Top - End - #21

You could always get it to make Adamantine arrows at 34,000 GP and fire them with a +5 bow. That way you'd get the best of both worlds.

Right?

22. - Top - End - #22

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Moogle View Post
    If you modifyed a bag of infinite caltrops...
    Well, caltrops cost 1GP for a 2lb bag.
    A bag of endless caltrops costs 2300GP and can produce a 2lb set of caltrops every turn.

20 arrows cost 1GP, and weighs three pounds.
    SO, in theory, by brute modification, a bag of endless arrows should cost 3450 to produce a maximum of 20 arrows per turn, or alternatively 172.5GP per arrow per turn. At first glance that figure of 3450 seems a bit low, but then it is the cost of 69,000 normal arrows...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ogre in the Playground

Arbitrarity, what would you price it at?
    I am continuing to have a social life. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Serious-Jedi-Me-Avatar by RTG0922. Thanks. Cat-assassin-avatar by onasuma, who I was too dumb to thank. Thanks for that too!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

Well the lower end of the scale is over-priced for the functionality, yes, especially when you can just load huge numbers of arrows into something like the quiver of Elohna, which also lets you store your bow, spears, swords, ect.

However the +5 adamantine arrows for that low of a price, to me at least, sounds huge. That allows a huge reduction in cost on the bow side for ability enchantments. A similar +5 / arrow is one reason why I was so attracted to arcane archer. Heck, I'd be even more interested if I could pay the cost for the cold iron and alchemical boosts, and thus have my choice of arrow DR type all from one quiver.

Keep in mind, the quiver can be used as often as you want. Were as the greater magical weapon spell can only be used once per spell slot. This is even assuming that the wizard will continually be awake and available every time you want to have a +5 bonus to your arrows.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Josh the Aspie View Post
    Well the lower end of the scale is over-priced for the functionality, yes, especially when you can just load huge numbers of arrows into something like the quiver of Elohna, which also lets you store your bow, spears, swords, ect.
    Well, that is my ranger's trick. He is also a fletcher, so he replenishes his arrows whenever he has some time to sit down and work. (I have a very lenient co-DM who lets me do things like make MW arrows while sitting around the campfire, but we do simulate down-time between missions)

I think the quiver does have the right cost for non-magical arrows, but I think it is redundant. In a game with sufficient downtime, anyone can craft enough arrows for their own use with the craft skill. Most of my rangers or other heavy bow-users have fletching tools and a fair number of ranks in craft (fletching). I don't have the maths here, but I worked out that keeping about 50 arrows is enough that you should not run out between fletching sessions. (of course, finding the materials is another matter)

26. - Top - End - #26

As an aside, I'd personally price an infinite quiver at maybe 2x the cost of 50 arrows of the appropriate type, + 1400. So, 6000 for +1, 18000 for +1 flaming, etc. This is low enough in price to be affordable, but hopefully not to the point where it becomes compulsory equipment for an archer. As the rules are currently written, pretty much the only magic arrows worth using are +1 bane(whatever) arrows, which are pretty much the only sort you don't want an infinite quiver of, so that should balance out.

Edit: if this seems too good, I suggest only allowing straight enhancement bonus arrows, not flaming etc. ones.
    Last edited by Borogove; 2007-08-08 at 05:46 AM.

27. - Top - End - #27

MonkGuy

A long time ago in a ... well, you get the idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Arang View Post
    You could always get it to make Adamantine arrows at 34,000 GP and fire them with a +5 bow. That way you'd get the best of both worlds.

Right?
    You would still be paying more for the bow alone. A +5 bow itself is 100,000 GP. The arrows you state are 34,000. That is only a mere what, 6000 less? The quiver has infinite arrows. That means they do not run out. That means you can put some better weapon enhancements on the bow (such as collision) and make them even better.
    Funny, I always figured I'd be killed by a paladin.
    So, what you're saying is we rolled a 1 on our credit check?

Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

I don't think I'd allow an infinite-special-materials arrow quiver; it undermines the very idea that special materials are rare. Forget combat use; one merchant with a Quiver of Infinite Adamantine Arrows would either become the richest man in the world or crash the cost of adamantine in a hurry. That's just a flavor quirk of my own, though.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

+5 bow is 50K. 5^2(2000) = 25(2000) = 50000

Just incidentally. Also, arcane reach/chain spell FTW!

30. - Top - End - #30
    Pixie in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by Lapak View Post
    I don't think I'd allow an infinite-special-materials arrow quiver; it undermines the very idea that special materials are rare. Forget combat use; one merchant with a Quiver of Infinite Adamantine Arrows would either become the richest man in the world or crash the cost of adamantine in a hurry. That's just a flavor quirk of my own, though.
    the arrows dissapear after 1 round.....