New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    I don't have a lot of good suggestions and most of them are popular classics:
    1. FLCL (though most people i know don't seem to get it. Personally i though personally i think watching it after realizing they made it directly after Evangelion to wind down from all the emotional stuff of that series and the behind the scenes stuff, makes it feel different.)

2. Tenchi Muyo Ryo-ohki OVA 1,2,3 (honestly these ova series are just strangely good and don't fall into a lot of harem series pitfalls. though i expect a lot of anime fans born in and before 1990s have seen them)

3. The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi (I do not expect people to watch all of endless eights, and very few are insane enough like me to watch them all in one sitting.)

I take it back all of them are popular classics, the only ones that aren't are angel beats which is just that good and hellsing ultimate, which i am well aware is mainly an adrenaline rush.

there was one person who had a crush on me. I found out in late high school that they had a crush on me somewhere in 6-8 grade. I wasn't really that interested in them and i attributed the attraction to being the mysterious new kid who never talks. Though in eighth grade i did make everyone in the entire classroom keel over in laughter with one completely uninteresting word. When the teacher got back they were very confused and concerned and never really figured out what happened.

ah yes, very fun. Surely we've all had those days where we can't help but spontaneously combust contagiously... I like that.
    Seen all thing. Never finished Tenshi Muyo, never intend to.
    Quote Originally Posted by unseenmage View Post
    Spoiler: Unseenmage geeks out about anime
    Show
    The wife and I are currently watching our way through all of the dubbed anime (seriously watching subbed and watching children do not mix, so sorry we watch dubbed) that crops up on Funimation and Netflix.
    And I too have a terrible allergy to advertising, so no Hulu. Makes me break out in fits of spitting ire.

Anime I've seen recently and enjoyed include Blood Blockade Battlefront, Death Parade, and Gargantea (sp?). The theme music for Blood Blockade and Death Parade I find particularly entrancing. Even found English covers of them that don't make my ears bleed. Has been nice.

As for classics Wolf's Rain was gorgeous and actually surprised me at the end (a rarity). Cowboy Bebop is always amazing. FLCL is different every time I watch it, which I adore. There are others but their names elude me at present. Really enjoyed Baccano (sp?) and it's theme music is right up my alley too.

Lastly we have the stuff that I couldn't watch without my wife there to enjoy it with me. Chobits, Heaven's Lost Property, my Bride is a Mermaid (I loathe her catchphrase but the Terminator gags are worth it.)

And those would be my recommendations in short. I suspect my taste to be tame by most standards but that's me. I appreciate excellent execution over twisting the knife in the viewer. So long as the piece has overall quality then I'm largely satisfied.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. I have a weakness for The Big O. Because who wouldn't love the adventures of bargain bin Batman and his giant robot friend.
    Big O is good.
    Avatar of Rudisplork Avatar of PC-dom and Slayer of the Internet. Extended sig
    GitP Regulars as: Vestiges Spells Weapons Races Deities Feats Soulmelds/Veils
    Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowbluff View Post
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.
    I dub this the Snowbluff Axiom.

2. - Top - End - #272
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5/PF] GitP Regulars as Plagues/Poisons/Diseases/Positoxins/Ravages/Afflictions

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydos View Post
    Baccano! is better than Durarara!! imho, assuming you can follow the non-linear story telling, if non-linear story telling is a huge turn off it might be the other way around.
    Eh, non-linear storytelling may be a bit confusing at times, but I think I can handle it.
    Dark Red, the Voice of the Dragon

Extended Signature Link

Quote Originally Posted by Quiver View Post
    How much terrain does the forty foot long, flying, fire breathing lizard which may or may not have magic consider its domain?

As much as it god damn wants.

3. - Top - End - #273
    Firbolg in the Playground

Seen all thing. Never finished Tenshi Muyo, never intend to.

Big O is good.
    Big O is... okay.

Don't get me wrong it's a grand adventurous romp through a delightfully vague world but it's also disjointed (and yeah I know why, still a count against it though as the change of pace can be jarring).
    You will commonly find me listening to the OST though. Love the bit where she plays the piano. And my phone will shout BIG O IT"S SHOWTIME!! quite frequently. When it's not roaring at me with Godzilla's voice.

4. - Top - End - #274
    Titan in the Playground

Big O is... okay.

Don't get me wrong it's a grand adventurous romp through a delightfully vague world but it's also disjointed (and yeah I know why, still a count against it though as the change of pace can be jarring).
    You will commonly find me listening to the OST though. Love the bit where she plays the piano. And my phone will shout BIG O IT"S SHOWTIME!! quite frequently. When it's not roaring at me with Godzilla's voice.
    Definitely good, though. Even with the messed up pacing at times, the flair is too good to ignore. I can give an anime a lot of points for style if it doesn't go out of its way to piss me off.
    All gaming systems should be terribly flawed and exploitable if you want everyone to be happy with them. This allows for a wide variety of power levels for games for different levels of players.

5. - Top - End - #275

Definitely good, though. Even with the messed up pacing at times, the flair is too good to ignore. I can give an anime a lot of points for style if it doesn't go out of its way to piss me off.
    Agreed.

My personal anime pet peeve is when a show bludgeons the audience about the head and ears with its message or its feelbad. Big O certainly didn't do that to me.

6. - Top - End - #276
    Troll in the Playground

for animes a like to watch log horizon, highschool dxd, gargantia( watched half of it until harvest festival episode( where the main girls perform belly dance show),fairy tail gundam (00, builf fighters, build fighters try( thats where mecha musume gundam link I post comes), barbados),super robot wars anime one

7. - Top - End - #277
    Colossus in the Playground

Damn, your gif game is strong.

Did Illven give permission here? I have an idea for him.
    Yup. And I did one!
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

8. - Top - End - #278
    Troll in the Playground

Most of the rest of my library gets really strange though I cannot really recommend them. There are glaring flaws with all of them.

Edit: Oh, almost forgot. I have a weakness for The Big O. Because who wouldn't love the adventures of bargain bin Batman and his giant robot friend.
    Apparently Japan doesn't like him. The only reason it got its second season was because it was written for an American audience.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

9. - Top - End - #279

Quote Originally Posted by IZ42 View Post
    Oh that's nastier. I like it as well. Too bad I can't just extract my own blood and coat my fists in it. That would be siiiick.
    Gotta keep it balanced. Otherwise you could just punch a wall until you bled to obtain crazy slaying fists.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Himedere? Wait, is that a thing? Do I have to update the -deredex?
    I always get Hime-Dere when I take a dere quiz. Virus is quite fond of online quizzes.

Do you have any suggestions for me?
    Seven Deadly Sins. It is so good.
    If purple is evil, bold gray is lawful good.

Extended Signature & Homebrew Signature

Check out my Celestial Compendium!

10. - Top - End - #280
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Durarara!! and Durarara!!X2, Devil is a Part-Timer, and, of course, Seven Deadly Sins (I love Gowther )
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.

11. - Top - End - #281
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by illyahr View Post
    Durarara!! and Durarara!!X2, Devil is a Part-Timer, and, of course, Seven Deadly Sins (I love Gowther )
    7 Deadly Sins was one of those strange anime which despite being based on a pre-existing manga I couldn't get into the manga despite enjoying the anime. I just didn't like the art.
    Peanut Half-Dragon Necromancer by Kurien.

Current Projects:

Group: The Harrowing Halloween Harvest of Horror Part 2

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

Old: My homebrew (updated 9/9)

12. - Top - End - #282

7 Deadly Sins was one of those strange anime which despite being based on a pre-existing manga I couldn't get into the manga despite enjoying the anime. I just didn't like the art.
    Huh. That's interesting. I thoroughly enjoyed both, but not every one has the same tastes!

13. - Top - End - #283
    Titan in the Playground

I'll probably get around to 7 Deadly Sin. I should finish Log Horizon like Khadgar suggests, since I didn't give it a fair chance at first (SAO had come out and ruined the premise).
    Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Yup. And I did one!

Diplomatic Tongue Tye

Poison, Ingested, DC 25 Fort, Primary Damage: -4 penalty to Diplomacy and Sense Motive for 24 Hours, Secondary Damage: -4 penalty to Bluff and Intimidate for 24 hour. Cost: 2,500 GP

This poison is used by political rivals to make their enemies less charismatic. The poison is very covert, and as suggest any check made to detect or remove it takes a -4 penalty.

14. - Top - End - #284
    Troll in the Playground

so i started watching Date A Live. The premise is so incredibly Japanese television that i can't believe that even Japan made it. so needlessly random.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

so i started watching Date A Live. The premise is so incredibly Japanese television that i can't believe that even Japan made it. so needlessly random.
    Should we take this elsewhere?

16. - Top - End - #286

Somewhere... private?

Yeah, we probably should.

17. - Top - End - #287
    Troll in the Playground

Not yet, gonna try to at least finish season 1 tonight maybe the whole thing. Gonna need to find some kind of minor distraction for myself though. Maybe pokemon training.

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #288
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    For our favorite Socratov:

Virulent Absinthe
    Number of Doses: 6 (9 parts)
    Type: Ingested
    Onset: 1d4 minutes
    Damage/Result: Unconscious, -2d4 wi, save DC 26 negates
    Frequency of Active Ingredient: Common
    Cost per Dose: 900 gp

Nearly identical to it's consumable counterpart, Virulent Absinthe diverts from pleasure to business when you add fire mephit blood to the mixture during the brewing process.
    So, who's gonna go drinking with me, I have some lovely drinking games set up...
    Warlock Poetry?
    Or ways to use me in game?
    Better grab a drink...

Currently ruining Strahd's day - Avatar by the Outstanding Smuchsmuch

First Ordained Jr. Tormlet by LoyalPaladin

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LoyalPaladin View Post
    Somewhere... private?

Yeah, we probably should.

Not yet, gonna try to at least finish season 1 tonight maybe the whole thing. Gonna need to find some kind of minor distraction for myself though. Maybe pokemon training.
    Soooooon! expect something later tonight.

20. - Top - End - #290
    Titan in the Playground

Paladin's Pox

This disease, originally contracted through close contact between humans and archons of the 7 Heavens, takes its name for the restrictions it places on an infected person's actions and behavior. In addition to dealing damage like a normal disease, Paladin's Pox works to restrain those who are infected by it. Once its incubation period has finished until the disease has been cured the infected must make a Fort save against the disease's DC to engage in any of the following acts: disrespect legitimate authority; act without honor (lying, cheating, using poison, and so forth); refuse to help those in need provided they do not use the help for evil or chaotic ends; or harm or threaten innocents. If they fail the save they take 1d6 Charisma damage and are stunned for 1d4 rounds.

Paladin's Pox is spread through contact with bodily fluids of the infected. Symptoms of Paladin's Pox include a bleaching of the roots of the hair silvery lines developing from the corners of the eyes and lips, and mild phosphorescence of infected fluids. Some claim that Paladin's Pox was an artificially created disease, even going as far as to blame an overly ambitious paladin, but such an act of biological warfare is undoubtedly without honor and would cause such a paladin to fall so that is certainly false. However some scholars do point towards the party rogue using the unwitting paladin as a tool for Law and Good.

Disease Save DC 14.

Disease Damage
    1 Str and Cha.

Incubation Period: 1d6+1 days.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-22 at 01:39 AM.

Current Projects:

Personal Silliness: Vote what Soulknife "Fix"/Inspired Class Should I make??? Past Work Expansion Caricatures.

21. - Top - End - #291
    Titan in the Playground

Mage's Rust (UnseenMage)

On the clashing cubes of Acheron war rules. Machines of battle rise and fall across it. Weapons only dreamed of can be found in the rusting heaps of its third layer. Is it any surprise then that it is on Acheron that a disease which infects not the living but the machine first developed? Mage's Rust is a disease which affects constructs, both metallic and not. It is so called because the first visible symptom is a red ooze which leaks from their body along rust-colored discolorations. An airborne virus spread by the time Mage's Rust's symptoms are shown it is already usually too late. Mage's Rust cannot be cured by Remove Disease although a Break Enchantment spell eradicates the disease in the target.

Mage's Rust ignores any immunity to disease or physical ability score damage a construct might possess due to its race, type, or subtype. It also ignores any immunity to disease or Fort save based effects due to having no Constitution score.

Disease DC: 14.

Disease Damage: Mage's Rust inflict 1 Str and Dex damage daily on a failed save as well as inflicting 2 negative levels on the subject each failed save.

Incubation Period: 1d4+1 days. Oozing rust does not appear for another 4 days.

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Unseenmage's Rusting Contagion
    Transmutation
    Level: Sor/Wiz 4
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: Construct touched
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

The subject contracts Mage's Rust, which strikes immediately (no incubation period). Use Mage's Rust's normal DC for subsequent saves, but the spell's for the initial save.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-22 at 01:33 AM.

Current Projects:

22. - Top - End - #292
    Titan in the Playground

Got that out of your system, Zaydos? Would you be cool if I moved onto the next one?

23. - Top - End - #293
    Titan in the Playground

Got that out of your system, Zaydos? Would you be cool if I moved onto the next one?
    Maybe? I've got a 6 week window if somebody makes me get the itch. And why do you think I did this? Impatience for the next one.

Current Projects:

24. - Top - End - #294
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe? I've got a 6 week window if somebody makes me get the itch. And why do you think I did this? Impatience for the next one.
    With that in mind, do you want anything specific?

25. - Top - End - #295

Mage's Rust (UnseenMage)

On the clashing cubes of Acheron war rules. Machines of battle rise and fall across it. Weapons only dreamed of can be found in the rusting heaps of its third layer. Is it any surprise then that it is on Acheron that a disease which infects not the living but the machine first developed? Mage's Rust is a disease which affects constructs, both metallic and not. It is so called because the first visible symptom is a red ooze which leaks from their body along rust-colored discolorations. An airborne virus spread by the time Mage's Rust's symptoms are shown it is already usually too late. Mage's Rust cannot be cured by Remove Disease although a Break Enchantment spell eradicates the disease in the target.

Mage's Rust ignores any immunity to disease or physical ability score damage a construct might possess due to its race, type, or subtype. It also ignores any immunity to disease or Fort save based effects due to having no Constitution score.

Disease DC: 14.

Disease Damage: Mage's Rust inflict 1 Str and Dex damage daily on a failed save as well as inflicting 2 negative levels on the subject each failed save.

Incubation Period: 1d4+1 days. Oozing rust does not appear for another 4 days.

Spoiler: Spell
    Show
    Unseenmage's Rusting Contagion
    Transmutation
    Level: Sor/Wiz 4
    Components: V, S
    Casting Time: 1 standard action
    Range: Touch
    Target: Construct touched
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: Will negates
    Spell Resistance: Yes

The subject contracts Mage's Rust, which strikes immediately (no incubation period). Use Mage's Rust's normal DC for subsequent saves, but the spell's for the initial save.
    Wow, cool!

Reading it I thought for sure it would wind up being a slime that infects like a disease though.

26. - Top - End - #296
    Titan in the Playground

With that in mind, do you want anything specific?
    Insert required GiantITP Regulars as Evil Outsiders here. Maybe constructs, monsters, inner planar creatures, as missed threads, um... Expansions to my homebrew (that one is less of a joke than I'd like to admit at this point, if enough people are interested in seeing themselves as spells, feats, acfs, and the like of my homebrew then I'll try and see what I can make of it). Did we do Skill Tricks? I'm not good at skill tricks. What about domains? Did we do domains?

Wow, cool!

Reading it I thought for sure it would wind up being a slime that infects like a disease though.
    Honestly I suspect in real world terms it might be a yeast that infects with airborne spores, but in D&D terms it's a disease and I didn't go that far into the ecology.
    Last edited by Zaydos; 2016-01-22 at 09:31 PM.

Current Projects:

27. - Top - End - #297

Honestly I suspect in real world terms it might be a yeast that infects with airborne spores, but in D&D terms it's a disease and I didn't go that far into the ecology.
    Oh I wasn't thinking ecologically. I was thinking that slimes and oozes occupy that weird space in the rules where anything is possible because they don't follow the rules.

28. - Top - End - #298
    Ogre in the Playground

Plague of Stiffening Cancers:
    Transmission: Blood contact and Bite.
    Fort save: 20 to stop Infection, 100 to stabilize.
    Incubation time: 1d4*Con modifier days.(a 1d4 for each point of Con modifier. For a 10 Con creature, it's instantly active.)

Effects: Gain (Ex) Fast Healing 1, increasing by one each day after incubation finishes. Every 1d4 days, lose one Dexterity and gain one Constitution. Each hour, make a Will save. If this save is failed, become uncontrollably enraged, attacking everyone around you. Every 3d4 days, lose one Intelligence, Charisma and Wisdom and gain one extra Constitution. At 0 Dexterity, Wisdom or Intelligence, you are dead and can only be raised by a True Resurection. If you make a DC 100 Fort save at the start of the day, when the disease is active, it stabilizes, stopping the progression of it, and you gain the Morphic template, though the disease is still contagious.

Legend: The Plagues of Cancers are one of the strangest and most problematic of the consequences of the escape of 'Little T'. Several of the test subjects had gotten strange diseases born of their Morphic nature, but none were studied in depth by Morphic Tide, who simply purged any test subject who developed aggressive cancers. As such, when some of the escaped test subjects got a contagious cancerous growth after getting infected with Rabies, a new class of disease was born, one that strengthened those infected for a time, but led to horribly debilitating consequences. On rare occasions, these diseases stabilize, making the inflicted a Morphic creature, which is where many of their lineages come from.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Morphic tide View Post
    Plague of Stiffening Cancers:
    Oh, look, he's catching up.

Anybody want to ask him for whom he's doing them? It's such a mystery to me.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

30. - Top - End - #300
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Oh, look, he's catching up.

Anybody want to ask him for whom he's doing them? It's such a mystery to me.
    I think he's making them for himself, which is against the thread protocols. Why he feels the need to post them, I don't know.
    See my Extended Signature for my list of silly shenanigans.

Anyone is welcome to use or critique my 3.5 Fighter homebrew: The Vanguard.

I am a Dungeon Master for Hire that creates custom content for people and programs d20 content for the HeroLab character system. Please donate to my Patreon and visit the HeroLab forums.