New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Grief In the Shell: Madokapunk FFRP OOC/Recruitment

I'm thinking her first thing is going to be searching for a magical girl she can really get behind and help rise to power, kinda thing. It obviously doesn't need to be super fast, but I'd like it to have some impact that others will notice.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Spoiler: My Stories And Things
    Show

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

I'm ready to bring Duncan back in when/where folks would like him most. Beyond "being tremendously Scottish in the middle of Japan", that is.
    BitPRR Characters: Entries Masaru, Chuck, Thomas, Turiel, and Masamune

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Could y'all guys give me a quick rundown of locations so I know where to start?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Well, let's see. So far we have...

-Yumeji Towers, an apartment/studio complex that caters both to the need of the staff of a certain company that handles mashou publicity and, I think, a TV station or two.

-The NMSF headquarters.

-Sango Gardens, which is pretty much just an apartment complex.

-Old Mitakihara, a derelict, mostly underwater part of town where the destitute and criminal element live, which is also the only place not under Orwellian-level surveillance.

-Kato Towers, which people tried to blow up, and only failed thanks to Rio Koizumi, currently unavailable.

Those are the ones I can remember.
    The Void, the Cold Steel, the Just Sword courtesy of Prime32.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Has there been much work on the ZT headquarters? If not, would people be okay with me kind of handling that to some degree?
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

6. - Top - End - #126
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    Has there been much work on the ZT headquarters? If not, would people be okay with me kind of handling that to some degree?
    Details of any given structure have not been given, beyond mention of the few rooms that have actually been used in character. ZT headquarters appeared right at the beginning in the form of the board meeting room.
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrewing

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be posting my first post soon. If anyone would like their magical girl to end up under Vo's herky-jerky wing, talk at me 'bout it.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

8. - Top - End - #128
    Orc in the Playground

Nadica doesn't really work under anyone's wing, but she can respect intellect. She also works with Zeal, as one of the primary shareholders/remaining founders.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2016-03-25 at 09:26 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Reborn² characters!
    Madokapunk!

9. - Top - End - #129
    Ogre in the Playground

How tolerant is she of bunny-ears lawyers? Because Vo wears that trope so hard she may as well star in a Cadbury Creme Egg commercial.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

10. - Top - End - #130
    Orc in the Playground

She's drunk half the time, chain-smokes, and generally doesn't give a fudge. She'll make fun of anyone, sure, but she doesn't really care about people's mannerisms. Or anything, really. It's more of a problem than it sounds like. For her, anyway. She's got some issues.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2016-03-25 at 09:33 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

11. - Top - End - #131
    Ogre in the Playground

And Vo is an eccentric with a pervasive Yakuza dialect, objectively awful taste in cigars and moderately okay taste in flannel shirts (which really should have gone away in the 2070s, I mean, come on), and terabytes' worth of crappy pickup lines she'll sling at most things with two legs and two X chromosomes.

She and Nadica could be good friends or hate each other, but either way I'd be surprised if they didn't make cringeworthy jokes about each other's respective physical problems.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

I'd like to add another character, one a bit more upbeat than Satou. Please let me know of any concerns.

Victor Skalinski
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 196 cm
    Weight: 115 kg

Faction: Supportive of the Wishcraft Foundation, but not strictly a member
    Rank: Mia the Justice Spear's manager; also the manager of a few less well-known mashou

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Victor Skalinski is a giant, bald-shaven Russian. He wears quite a few different styles of clothing, the collection largely remarkable for not containing a single item that is not oppressively gaudy. He heard somewhere that you should dress for success, and can't imagine that there's ever really a limit on how much success more color, more accessories, just...more could indicate. Still, he tends to take fairly low rates, so, until Mia took off, most of his clothing was cheap-looking. Now, most of his stuff is a bit less obviously cheaply-made.

His Japanese is not fantastic, but he could be considered fluent. In any case, his broad expressions and physical mannerisms ensure that he is understood by anyone who cares to look in his general direction.

He is a very cheerful man, and does his best to bring up the moods of those around him. He doesn't really have the head for PR management, but, in a way, his earnest ineptitude can score points for the mashou he manages regardless. His work isn't the best for raising his clients' profiles, but Wishcraft has begun to take some interest in how well-adjusted most of his clients are. There's something to be said for having a big, exuberant cheerleader working for you.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Victor's childhood, so far as he tells most, was fairly typical. A bit on the lower end of income for a Siberian family, but easily livable. In fact, after he graduated from high school, he and his family had saved enough to travel to what they saw as a city of opportunity, Neo-Mitakihara.

Since then, he has been working his way into the management business basically by gumption. He doesn't really have any credentials (his previous experience includes a reference to work as a mascot), but still, having *someone* to handle the press can be helpful for mashou who want to avoid the spotlight.

What made Mia, the Justice Spear, decide to hire him is anyone's guess.

Augmentations:
    Spoiler
    Show
    None whatsoever, so far as any financial audits can tell. Still, he's surprisingly strong, even for his size, and pretty fast. Nothing that could phase a mashou, but he's no slouch when it comes to gently removing any over-persistent paparazzi, or helping with household repairs or carrying supplies.
    Last edited by Sucrose; 2016-03-25 at 11:15 PM.
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ogre in the Playground

Could I have a real quick rundown of what the incident was with Mia and this other person?
    EDIT: I couldn't find a character sheet for Mia---has she got one?
    Last edited by Beans; 2016-03-26 at 01:35 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

The incident with Mia refers to the terrorist bombing of Kato Towers, a high-profile incident that was thankfully undone by Rio Koizumi's wish as she became a magical girl, instantly catapulting her to popularity.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

I met a girl with a really pensive look. I walk up to her, put a fifty cent coin in her hand, "For your thoughts. I know the going rate is supposed to be one, but I figure you play hardball."

She gave it back, "Keep it. Pretty sure a guy with your charm can find a way to have them for free anyway."

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

Yeah, Mia was kind of just a temporary shoutout character that... is kind of growing outward. She wasn't really at the center of this whole thing, but she made some statements to the press after the fact since she was caught in the bombing.

I'll probably get a sheet for her. Sometime.

If anyone was really -central- to the whole bombing plot, it was Koizumi Rio, who made a wish to reverse it all. Kind of an instant ticket to fame right there, and is likely dominating the news as far as mashou go.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be honest, right now I'm not super sure on the best way to get Vo involved and interacting with others.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

17. - Top - End - #137
    Orc in the Playground

Hmmm. ZT deals in with a lot of biotech, right? Or do they deal more with grief cube technology?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #138
    Orc in the Playground

Grief cube technology. The Kujoh family are the pioneers in biotech, right?

I mean, that's not to say ZT isn't into biotech, but it's probably second to Kujoh if that's the case.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

In that case, they might be a good choice of people to talk to about tracing military technology. That rifle Leysa and Satou recovered COULD be ZT-brand.

EDIT: Alternatively, Masaki might be willing to approach the Kujoh directly about the possibility of something to integrate her thought processes into her work. Like a USB port for her brain, so to speak.
    Last edited by Kuroimaken; 2016-03-27 at 02:20 PM.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ogre in the Playground

Tracing military technology sounds like something Vo could get up to; she may have even personally contributed to the design of that rifle.
    Edit: I imagine it'd be them approaching Vo, unless it'd work out better the other way round?
    Last edited by Beans; 2016-03-28 at 01:11 PM.
    🔜 🆒️ 🚰
    Show

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

So I just had a thought.

Who wants to play Otacon to Hasunaga's Snake?

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

22. - Top - End - #142
    Orc in the Playground

Well here it goes anyway.

Tanaka Mia
    Spoiler
    Show
    Height: 6'3"/190cm
    Weight: 192lbs/
    Faction: Wishcraft-sponsored Mashou
    Station: Mashou. Just... a Mashou.
    Speech: #008080

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    With a stature not typical of a someone with fully japanese blood, and a complexion (freckles, largely) and fiery red hair less indicative of the same, it is fairly apparent that Mia is at most half japanese. Some features do point to the idea of her being at least half (her eyes and skin color, as well as her face composure), but she still stands out quite a bit.

Nonetheless, Mia is tall, muscular young woman who might call to mind an amazonian woman or nordic goddess, more aptly. When not decked out in her mashou 'uniform', she normally wears tank tops and jeans.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mia is loud, boisterous, and generally takes even the most minute things as challenges. Nonetheless, she has a good heart despite her flaws, and while she can turn some people off with her behavior, she means well enough, and will generally try to make things right whenever she screws them up. Nonetheless, she is all about putting on a good example, except good examples to her are in the spirit of... old anime, sentai shows, and superhero comics.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Mia was born to Tanaka Aiko, a fairly loose unemployed woman who mostly played on men for personal gain. Mia was a result of her getting pregnant from one of her routine nights of baiting some poor wealthy sap into buying her dinner and taking her for a night on the town, and keeping her was mostly an attempt at finding him and exploiting him. Unfortunately for her (and Mia), the man she seduced was a foreign philanthropist, so her scheme fell through, and she was "stuck" with a baby girl she really didn't want. But nonetheless, the selfish woman kept Mia for the myriad support systems for (single) mothers in Neo-Mitakihara, and reaped the benefits of that.

Mia grew up without much of her mother's presence. Her babysitters were the lowest-budget possible, and more often than not Aiko just sat her in front of the TV while she went out for a few hours to party or pull home another sucker. As such, Mia learned to be independent fairly early, but not necessarily in a healthy manner. While she loved the stories of Sentai and other saturday-morning superheros, she was still prone to acting out, at first fighting off bullies with her generally always superior size, before diving into a more delinquent phase when she got in trouble despite her perceived do-gooding.

If it weren't for a fateful little ball of white... is it fur? She might have just become a drain on society like her mother, but in the short year she's been around, Mia's explosive personality and attitude won her a following that could be considered fairly impressive.

Contract:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Wish: "I wanna be known as a hero! As somebody worth remembering!"
    Monikers: Mia the Justice-Spear
    Thematics: JUSTICE, heroism, strength
    Costume: While all mashou costumes impart a degree of protection, Mia's takes it rather literally, being a suit of armor, with fluting that seems to remind one of ocean waves. Her soul gem burns in the center of her chestplate, burning with an orange brilliance that is atypical of most mashou, but also has an unfortunate effect of being a "hit me here" target. Thankfully, Mia seems to have avoided that fate for now.
    Abilities: Aside from impressive augmented strength and endurance, Mia's primary unique ability is her conjuring of a seemingly unlimited number of harpoon-like spears, made from a sort of phantasmal, dark blue steel. She's able to throw them with alarming accuracy, and it's known that she can even summon them from under an opponent to strike up with a force similar to her throws. She also seems to have a degree of control over water, and her armor doesn't weigh her down as much as one would think.
    Perception: Mia is well-known in Japan, even moreso in the Mitakihara area. While her showboating and brash behavior can be a turnoff for some, others find her inspiring and in so many words, just plain awesome.

Last edited by strawberryman; 2016-04-03 at 10:38 PM.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

23. - Top - End - #143
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Anyone/everyone, you can always feel free to let me know if I'm laying it on too thick with Duncan or the like. I'm kind of going full-bore all the time, so it can be hard for me to tell if I'm the only one having fun or not.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Orc in the Playground

He's plenty fun, and I can hardly complain about annoying characters, Nadica is terrible.
    My Homebrew

Madokapunk!

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    He's plenty fun, and I can hardly complain about annoying characters, Nadica is terrible.
    Heh, fair enough!

Also, Duncan's answer to any and all criticism of his personality.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by strawberryman View Post
    I echo this sentiment.

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Bugbear in the Playground

Still accepting applications?

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

28. - Top - End - #148
    Orc in the Playground

Don't think we ever closed, no. Welcome!

AWSUM

Spoiler
    Show

This one's new.
    Spoiler
    Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ogre in the Playground

This still quite an open game, aye.

And KD, I'm enjoying Turnbull quite a bit!
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Right then, sounds like Thunderbirds are go for KILTS AND JOLLY COOPERATION!