New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 142930313233343536373839
Results 1,141 to 1,161 of 1161
  1. - Top - End - #1141
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Naruto IX: [Epilogue Intensifies]

Otsusuki Investigation:
    This is my investigation into the Otsusuki clan, as I've realized that I do not know their motivations or how they work. we will be taking select episodes from the Boruto anime to observe their behavior.

Spoiler: Case File 53: Himawari's Birthday:
    Show

we begin our observation with Toneri and Momoshiki talking. it seems the Otsusuki have observed the the Moon Incident that prompted this investigation in the first place, yet do not know much else about this planet. Momoshiki seems to have strange chakra thread powers and some ability to freeze Toneri in in some dragon palace for 10,000 years. unsettling. Toneri talks about Boruto as if he has interacted with him, will have to go back through earlier case files to check when this occured.

we cut to Boruto observing his father. Naruto cannot seem to count, as he says you need three things but only lists two. Speculation: has years of trauma and tailed beast regeneration repaired Naruto's brain cells imperfectly thus making him stuck in semi childish behavior? negative health effects of jinchuuriki condition unknown.

Boruto exhibiting hero worship behavior towards Sasuke Uchiha. troubling.

A scientist brings up the shinobi gauntlet to Naruto and Naruto does not approve it to be used for the Chuunin Exams. arguments about whether or not replacing skill with technology is good aside, Naruto didn't ban the gauntlet outright, he just said that it can't be used in the Chuunin Exams and basically said they need a good foundation to test them on and that its not a performance. that doesn't mean a ninja can't use the shinobi gauntlet later in life, they just need to prove they can do without, which I think is reasonable.

the scientist has thoughts about bringing it with Boruto but discards it and then get kidnapped by somebody. whelp. poor scientist.

Boruto of course cheats at videogames, then gets people dragging him into the Chuunin Exams by appealing to his ego. of course.

and of course Himawari has her birthday is all seems fine and heartwarming and-POOF! Oops, Naruto was a shadow clone, popped randomly as he was carrying the cake. sadness and anger all around. seriously Naruto this was stupid of you.

Sasuke shows up, was looking for Naruto, and of course doesn't even know Boruto's name or anything, being stoic as a rock.

Spoiler: Case File 54: Sasuke and Boruto
    Show

Sasukes Thoughts: "Ah frack, I walked into a family issue didn't I? Sage dammit, Naruto....I don't have time for this..."

Kaguya apparently has a palace, which Sasuke found presumably through his space time jutsu shenanigans. interesting.

Notes: Kaguya was trying to acquire power for more than just greed, there was a greater threat she feared.

Kinshiki shows up to attack Sasuke has strange red chakra weapons. hm. Otsusuki seem to possess advanced control over pure chakra constructs.

Sasuke and Naruto meet back up, and talk about Boruto who is probably different from both Sasuke and Naruto, Naruto says they're behind the times, Sasuke beleives that the soul of a shinobi is timeless. we'll see.

then Boruto, disobeying again tries to get into the Hokage office to fight dad. Sasuke of course stops and tells him his an idiot who isn't even close to beating his father and he should quit now, demonstrating why with a kick. Boruto of course is stubborn.....then of course after being beat up, Boruto gets even more hero worship-y of him
    Sasuke Thoughts: "oh Sage what have I done!? Naruto did you seriously not just beat up your child to make him worship your badassery? You know thats ninja parenting 101!"

Sasuke's Thoughts: "Yeah I've definitively walked into some stupid family spat nonsense. seriously sending a shadow clone to your daughter birthday Naruto? I know I have no leg to stand on when it comes to family but come on your supposed to be the good person!"

Boruto, the rasengan is literally one of the most advanced and powerful techniques ever made, and your just going to master it like that? how- oh right. Konohamaru. wow. wow Kono. wow.

also, Sarada is actually touched by Sasuke coming home to be there for her Chuunin Exams. thats sad in its own way.

....Boruto no I get that you want to make your sister happy, and I respect you for that. your consistently a good person when it comes to that. but baking a cake by yourself when like....12....is not a good idea.

okay pancakes, this is a good step down. and mixing the batter actually helps him understand rasengan. huh, makes sense.

and of course, Sasuke says the rasengan is a bit small, Boruto runs off but Sasuke says he'd accept him as a student anyways, but Boruto acquires the shinobi gauntlet, from someone I assume who has killed and replaced the scientist from before with disguise jutsu.

and Sasuke thoughts at the end: "I knew it, Boruto is cheating with a device, don't think I didn't see that, I have super-eyes. But I'm not going to point it out. let this brat learn his lesson the hard way, because I'm pretty sure thats the only way he will learn at all..."

Spoiler: Case File 55: The Scientific Ninja Tool
    Show

"when it comes to raising a child, I have no right to say anything"-Sasuke
    YES! your self aware! good on you Sasuke. you acknowledge how bad you are! thats the first step to not being bad!

Boruto wants to know naruto's weaknesses and Sasuke responds with "more than I can count on my fingers, he was weak in everything." this catches Boruto off guard for some reason.

Sarada: I don't spy on people!
    *was totally spying on Boruto earlier*
    good job Sarada, your becoming a true ninja as intended.

apparently Gaara adopted a son and they're a strong ninja too. guess Gaara ain't the romantic type.

no wait, the guy who talks with Toneri is apparently a third dude, Kinshiki's longhair boss guy. the three Otsusuki's discuss the Tailed beasts, seeing it as strangely amusing that jinchuuriki exist and revealing that only Killer B and Naruto has any tailed beasts left sealed in them. I mean thats good from ONE perspective....but....given anime fighting worlds...

Killer B.....versus Kinshiki and Momoshiki....and your rapping. oh god, this isn't going to end well for you, B. sorry.

yup Killer B got whorfed and tuned into pellets. sadness.

Gaara gets a telepathic phone call from Shukaku. Jinchuuriki can communicate with the tailed beasts that were once sealed within them over any distance after all. but why not just call Naruto or Kurama directly?

Sasuke showing that ninjas are more about creative solutions than dumbly working yourself to the bone.

Spoiler: Case File 56: Rivals Gather!
    Show

and of course, Boruto takes the gauntlet with him to the exams, probably knowing his father's opinions on it. this is all gonna crash....

The Chuunin exams begin! we have Kumo, Iwa, Kiri, Suna.....chuunin exam of the five allied- man, first chuunin exams in Naruto had people from RAIN.

also the kiri people are triplets and look like the same dude. thats so disappointing.

"this is the first exam sponsored by all five villages" bull, the villages wouldn't pass up the opportunity to compete even in peace time even back then.

"are they even motivated to participate in this important event?"-says Shikamaru, who spent half the time of his finals match in the chuunin exam looking at CLOUDS.

First Exam:
    pop quiz.....except you need to get there to answer it, traps are along the way, oh and the explanation itself is a trap because if you stay to listen to all of it you won't arrive in it. okay thats a bit more like it.

......the genbu trio....was going to do an awesome jutsu, then.....they screwed it up and exploded on a trap. great. great. why have actual threats when you can have pointless comic relief? my expectations just went down a little

"each team of three has to stand on the side of the true or false answer"- oh I get it, the question doesn't matter, its about the team all picking the same side, so that whatever they choose, they do it as a team. they're testing on whether they can act in concert

and yup, the whole thing was a trap. the pits open up, leaving anyone unprepared or without their teammates falling into the ink while those smart and with a team survive. I knew it. what it was about not giving up- screw you Sai, that was a teamwork test and you know it.

Boruto is sad that he needed help. smallest violin time.

Boruto: NOTICE ME!!!!!
    Naruto:......Yes?
    Boruto: darn it he outwitted me!

Spoiler: Case File 57: The Reason I Can't Lose
    Show

I think Boruto's clones are more sensible than Boruto. can we have a series about Boruto Clone instead?

Second Exams start:
    -this gen's Ina-Shika Cho wins
    -Bubble Gum guy and his two cronies wins
    -Metal Lee and Shinki reprise Gaara/Rock lee fight but less exciting, history repeating. being cute with me are you, Boruto anime?

Boruto tries to use his clones to fight, fails against an entire team ganging up on him with more clones, proceeds to use the shinobi gauntlet.....hm. first of all, how are the kiri guys using shadow clone? isn't that konoha-only jutsu? or is that no longer a thing in this era? or are they using water? second, I wouldn't blame a ninja for cheating- they....are rogues basically. cheating is kind of all they do.

"to weave signs faster than the eye can see.."-SEALESS JUTSU IS COMPLETELY POSSIBLE, TENTEN! as in, no need for them at all! sure, super fast sign weaving is great, but just using them without them is even better.

"I knew from the start Sarada would pass, whats there to celebrate?"-Sasuke
    I don't know if having that much confidence in his daughter is heartwarming or whether I should be disappointed that Sarada's victories will get treated as something normal by her father without him supporting her.

....this Naruto is a shadow clone isn't he.

this is so awkward. just like real father son bonding.

huh, not a shadow clone for once eh?

also Gaara got attacked by an otsusuki and survived. weird.

I've been liking how they keep showing Boruto using his left hand for social interaction to hide the shinobi gauntlet. nice touch.

Spoiler: Case File 58:The Tournament Begins!
    Show

Third Exam:
    Boruto Vs. Yurui
    behold Yurui's lame bubble gum jutsu! it blows!

"the caliber of the students taking this exam is sad"- says the guy with magnetism release, facing against a genin who already has lightning element nature release, a sharingan user, whatever weird thing Mitsuki is, Yurui's honestly pretty unique and weird jutsu that he probably made himself,

.....they're really impressed by Boruto bending a shuriken's trajectory? but not by Yurui's completely unique jutsu that no one has ever seen before? okay.

Lol, the kages are talking about doting parents letting this kid become chuunin by entering. even if Boruto passed, it would be seen as him being treated softly by his father! HA! even if he wins, he'll lose.

"Temari you must have mixed feelings about-
    "SHIKADAI!! KILL THE SAND PERSON AND DRINK THEIR BLOOD!"
    family over nation, eh Temari?

Shikadai Vs. Yodo:
    she is busy listening to music while Shikadai is taking this seriously. again a reprise. again a difference.

a sound based attack....huh....also, it just hit you twice, Shikadai. not much of a shikamaru, are you?

but you used the bombs to hide the noise of your thing because she has hearing....yeah okay whatever thats shikamaru level stuff, and it does take guts to explode yourself to win.

also Shikamaru himself suddenly gets excited and the kages all look at him crossly because they don't like doting parents. heh.

three seconds Sarada? *raises eyebrow* don't make boasts you can't live up to. this oughta be good

Sarada Vs. Tarui:
    she even counted. sharingan plus med-nin strength is....a terrifying thing. she can back up her boast, okay. good on you Sarada.

Inojin Vs. Araya
    okay Inojin, go four for four if your so confident.

uh oh, music changed, this ain't gonna go well.

talky vs. silent man. silent one gonna kick talky artist butt.

*bonk* Inojin goes down. CALLED IT

Toroi Vs. Mitsuki:
    Toroi: I'mma lightning at you!
    Mitsuki: SNAKE HUGS! <3
    mitsuki wins.

Chocho Vs. Shinki:
    Shinki will win, he is too mysterious and serious to go down here.

Spoiler: Case File 59: Boruto Vs. Shikadai
    Show

Yeah, Cho-cho he is apologizing in advance, this won't end well for you.

so yeah, Shinki is basically Gaara 2.0 and Chocho......wants to try chips, okay yeah Zodi was correct this character's stupid.

and Shinki wins as predicated and Cho-Cho gets no respect for that. as she should. your not going to get Rock lee Respect for that kind of showing.

and now for the main event of this episode, time for everything to go SOO-UUUTH!!

boruto starts to take off the thing, but he overhears Shikadai's parents are pressuring him. oh he is so going to use to use the gauntlet...

Boruto Vs. Shikadai:
    they just......clashing their kunai against each other uselessly. ugh, padding.

Boruto tries clones, but Shikdai counters it with a Shadow Circle to catch ALL of them in it! nice. thats the Nara Clan for you, overcoming overpowered bull with macguyver smarts since the first chuunin exams.

but Boruto cheats with the shinobi gauntlet as expected and in a subtle way. if you didn't know any better, you'd think he just as an extra clone hidden somewhere to surprise Shikadai

Spoiler: Case File 60: Hidden Leaf Vs. Hidden Sand
    Show

Sarada vs. Araya:
    best girl vs. silent type., hm, seems he has a different weapon

he can speak!

wait, blood? people can actually bleed in this anime!? awesome, hasn't totally lost all its teeth.

and the real Araya was on the roof this whole time, controlling the puppet remotely. okay, thats awesome. its cheating, but its the way ninja SHOULD fight! why go in yourself when you can make your puppet go in for you?

and Sarada explains it all like the awesome ninja she is.

Mitsuki Vs. Shinki:
    and we have a good of snakes vs. iron sand, and just when Shinki was about to force it up a notch, Mitsuki gives up for some mysterious reason. ah he cares more about staying with Boruto than he does showing his power because Orochimaru might pull him early if he does anything extra, got it, understandable.

Sarada you blasted a puppet into a wall with fireball jutsu, "can't do it very well" is underselling your abilities

Spoiler: Case File 61: The Iron Sand User, Shinki
    Show

So....Shinki vs. Boruto Vs. Sarada. translation: Shinki Vs. Boruto and Sarada because he is hax. but Boruto is going to end up using shinobi gauntlet to win.

Called it, that happened so fast, they teamed up quickly.

But Shinki reveals that he is basically already pretty much a magnet-release Jonin, defeats Sarada and smack talks Boruto about Konoha is weak. so Boruto is like "no, I'm proving you wrong!"

and he uses the shinobi gauntlet to win against Shinki. knew it.

and so Boruto wins the tournament....but loses his father's approval. I mean you wanted to "screw you!" to your father....you succeeded Boruto. and now your paying the price, with your father, calling YOU out for cheating in frotn of everyone. I mean ninja re supposed to cheat....but the first rule of cheating? don't get caught.

"your disqualifed as a ninja too"- okay thats going a bit far, because ninja cheat all the time Naruto. your not honorable samurai, your sneaky rogues do whatever clever or cheap thing they can to win.

and the scientist says that Boruto was all just a tester to show off his invention and everyone treats this as something horrible....meanwhile in MHA, Mei Hatsume is styling on Iida by showing off invention after invention so that people will see them and want to get patents for her stuff and its played for laughs then Deku goes to her for inventions to make sure he can keep being effective because of his bones and arms getting damaged. its a little sad when boruto's chuunin exams just keeps reminding me of the first Chuunin exam or MHA's tournament arc doing stuff better.

also Sarada is right there, with the sharingan. you know the thing she was born with that can copy any non-bloodline jutsu she sees and a bunch of other advantages. kind of hypocritical. its not as if we're ignoring that ability when the shinobi gauntlet is explicitly based upon the Kakashi's fighting style.

oh hi Otsusukis how are you doing-NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-

Spoiler: Case File 62: The Otsusuki Invasion
    Show

Wait....was the scientist not kidnapped or something? I could've sworn someone did something to the scientist...

Credit to Shinki: when Gaara his father says he is not strong enough to fight Otsusuki, he backs down and acknowledges he is right.

but yeah, everyone is pitching and helping out at the Otsusuki attack. who are being remarkably patient while they do this.

and of course Momoshiki demonstrates with his chakra absorption ability that blasting jutsu at the problem with pure power won't work against him.

yeah about the cheating thing and the Otsusuki doing drugs to be powerful.....uuuuuuuuuuuuuh......*cough* technically Naruto is using the same power as they are but in a different form by using Kurama *cough*

but then when survival is on the line, silly rules tend to be thrown out for the sake of doing whats right as Naruto uses the fox to block Momoshiki's death ball attack
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #1142
    Colossus in the Playground

Kurama and Naruto share chakra, the Otsusuki's steal it.

so, after editing several episode reviews into a single post, I decided to stop doing full reviews.

However: Confirmation: 80% of the time, Sasuke is in a place where he can't charge his phone.

and the reason he doesn't write home or visit is that he thinks being there only for a little bit would make his long absence harder than not being there at all.

So, less "dead beat" and more "well-intentioned but horribly misguided."
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1143

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    However: Confirmation: 80% of the time, Sasuke is in a place where he can't charge his phone.

and the reason he doesn't write home or visit is that he thinks being there only for a little bit would make his long absence harder than not being there at all.

So, less "dead beat" and more "well-intentioned but horribly misguided."
    He has lightning powers.

He is factually wrong and that is the mentality of a bad father.

4. - Top - End - #1144
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    He has lightning powers.

Yes, because a lightning bolt is a great way to charge a phone.

Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

5. - Top - End - #1145

He has lightning powers.
    What makes you think that that would work instead of, you know, destroying the phone?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #1146
    Titan in the Playground

He has lightning powers.

Spoiler: On Sasuke
    Show
    I mean he is also using the rinnegan to probably hop between dimensions to find Kaguya's palace. that probably takes a lot of chakra, and I don't think modern cell phones cover interdimensional distances.

also said lightning powers are things he generally uses to kill people with large amounts of voltage. he might not have time to figure out how to do it smaller with more chakra control to just charge his phone. put too much electricity in and he might fry the thing.

Kurama and Naruto share chakra, the Otsusuki's steal it.
    ah, teamwork. okay then the shinobi gauntlet should be completely fine with Naruto if we give it an artificial intelligence, got it.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-06-01 at 12:08 AM.

7. - Top - End - #1147

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    Yes, because a lightning bolt is a great way to charge a phone.

What makes you think that that would work instead of, you know, destroying the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    Spoiler: On Sasuke
    Show
    I mean he is also using the rinnegan to probably hop between dimensions to find Kaguya's palace. that probably takes a lot of chakra, and I don't think modern cell phones cover interdimensional distances.

also said lightning powers are things he generally uses to kill people with large amounts of voltage. he might not have time to figure out how to do it smaller with more chakra control to just charge his phone. put too much electricity in and he might fry the thing.

ah, teamwork. okay then the shinobi gauntlet should be completely fine with Naruto if we give it an artificial intelligence, got it.
    I'm very aware that yes a full on super charge of lightning blast will destroy his phone yes.

But also lightsabers exist that can absorb even the faintest bit of chakra to turn into a laser sword of the element you have. There is no excuse for a lack of "I've got a little device on my phone that eats up lightning chakra to charge up".

Also if he was a responsible good dad he's be sure to charge his ****ing phone.

8. - Top - End - #1148

Are you referring to the Sword of Raijin? The Legendary Sword of the Second Hokage that only exists in the year or so of anime filler that never amounted to anything ever again becuase it never happened?

I'm going to assume that non-canon technology hasn't been used to make it so that cell-phones don't need to be plugged in to be charged.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #1149
    Ettin in the Playground

Boruto Chapter 18. A chakra blade that looks like a lightsaber during the Ao arc. I still do not understand how this chakra blade differs from Asuma chakra blades besides it is tech and it looks like a lightsaber.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

10. - Top - End - #1150

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Boruto Chapter 18. A chakra blade that looks like a lightsaber during the Ao arc. I still do not understand how this chakra blade differs from Asuma chakra blades besides it is tech and it looks like a lightsaber.
    I'm going to assume that tech used by Kara, who are basically to tech what Orochimaru and Kabuto were to biology, isn't publically available and has limited non-murder functions.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1151

It's not tech used by kara or a filler thing. When visiting the science lab in Konoha the science guy shows off a lightsaber! I'll ****ing... get it for you guys.

Right here guys. Lightsaber.

Also given all the other things that DO exist in this universe (wireless brain connector devices that let Ino's family use THEIR chakra to communicate with people around the entire world, among other things) I think some sort of chakra receptive phone charger is COMPLETELY feasible.

12. - Top - End - #1152

...How Old was Yagura? like, there's the joke when Naruto sees him and is said that he died so young and he's all like "I'm a grown man."

But he has a grandson that's a few years older than Bort and the implication is very much that Yagura died sometime during part I, which means he had to have had a son about Naruto's age or older, which assuming nothing to squicky was going on means he had to have been middle-aged by the time he died.

There's looking like a kid as a young adult and there's looking like a kid when you're old enough to have a kid who might be a young adult. God damn, did he have one of those genetic diseases that stop you from fully maturing or was he just fricking immortal?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

13. - Top - End - #1153
    Titan in the Playground

...How Old was Yagura? like, there's the joke when Naruto sees him and is said that he died so young and he's all like "I'm a grown man."

But he has a grandson that's a few years older than Bort and the implication is very much that Yagura died sometime during part I, which means he had to have had a son about Naruto's age or older, which assuming nothing to squicky was going on means he had to have been middle-aged by the time he died.

There's looking like a kid as a young adult and there's looking like a kid when you're old enough to have a kid who might be a young adult. God damn, did he have one of those genetic diseases that stop you from fully maturing or was he just fricking immortal?
    Little did anyone know that Yagura was actually very good at seduction when he was a teenager his libido was the one thing that Obito couldn't control. he was just so charming if you compared them side by side, he would make Sasuke look like Gaara.

but more seriously, war screws up a lot of things about peoples lifestyles. especially when it happens repeatedly and for long periods of time. living with death constantly leads to mindsets that are alien to people like you or me, who are safe and have all the time in the world to consider our decisions. ninjas are soldiers in naruto's world, and....soldiers tend to die. so less time to leave a legacy, less time to make your mark, less time to do what you want. might as well not wait.

But if I'm being real? eeeeeeeh, the problem with Naruto's world is that it doesn't have a timeline. no seriously, it has no canonical timeline where all the events are laid out in a strict chronological sense. things happen of course and we get sayings like "1000 years ago" and "12 years ago" and such, but nothing that says the actual date and year this takes place in on a calendar. its a problem that comes up a lot in many of the Naruto fan fics I've read, because some fan fic authors express confusion and frustration over many parts of the ages and timeline not making sense and they have to make assumptions and certain changes to make their certain premise work. there is just no actual dates for any of this, and we only know the ages of some of the people involved. we don't even know how old Hiruzen or Onoki is! and they're the oldest non immortal ninja around.

14. - Top - End - #1154

Heh, I remember one of the bigger trends back in the day was to age everyone up a few years for graduation just so they wouldnt feel squicky about 12 year olds trying to date each other.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #1155

Back after a brief break.
    Spoiler: declaration of War
    Show
    Okay, knockoff Kisame, here's how your plan goes.

• Kill the Hokage's son.
    • Hokage is pissed.
    • Hokage comes to the Mist Villge.
    • Mizukage tells him exactly who did it.
    • Instead of war, you can use to depose the Mizukage, you get to personally fight a man with nigh-infinite chakra, the ability to use all elemental natures, the ability to make chakra take just about any shape he wants, and the power to make tens of thousands of himself who is also one of the most powerful sensor ninjas in the world.

In short, you are a god-damned idiot.

Also, while watching this episodes I've come to the conclusion that Naruto and friends never told anyone that Yagura was being mind controlled for pretty much his entire tenure and Mizukage and that the Bloody Mist was more or less entirely manufactured by Madara and later Obito.

I can't help but think that Kagura would have liked to know that his grandfather wasn't a mass murderer of his own will. That probably would have completely derailed this entire course of events.

And hey, Bort? Mabe don't go running off against the the six people who whipped your ass with only your not-girlfriend and a random punk as back up?

How about you go get that girl who has a crush on you and can summon a giant monster that eats chakra and regenerates and is powerful enough to wipe out a hidden village? And probably also knows wood release, becuase it's made of he First Hokage's cells.

Seriously, Sumire is probably the second most valuable asset the Village has behind Naruto now. The nue is even sealed in her body when not-in-use, she might as well be a Jinchuriki.

Spoiler: The New Seven Ninja Swordsman
    Show
    I am reminded that the Hidden Mist village doesn't seem to know what the word "sword" means.

I'm assuming that B was convinced to give Samehada back to the mist village at some point.

And the midst village has battle droids.

Worse Kisame needs to die in a fire. I can't stand that kind of emotionally abusive, manipulative bastard.

"This does not concern you." The appropriate response to that, Bort, was not to gasp but to point out that the Seven Fake-Ass Swordsman are explicitly planning to murder you in order to start a war with the Leaf village with which they can justify a coup and thus is most definitely does involve you.

...Never mind, arguing semantics and blackmailing the Mizukage into agreeing with it works, too. Bort's a brat but the kid's got stones.

Lady whose name I don't care to remember, your father lived and died as a freaking lunatic obsessed with funerals. He's a god-damned filer village, from a very poorly regarded arc, who Kishimoto shrugged and said "eh, he'll do." That is not worth admiring.

Anime continues o be vague on Mitsuki's connection to Orochimaru despite it being obvious and also revealed before the anime even started.

"The War criminals and murderers aren't remembered as fallen heroes! Whaa!" Freaking cry babies. Choujuro was wrong, by the way, your stance is complete invalid.

Spoiler: Sharingan vs Lightning Blade Kiba
    Show
    Blah blah blah new seven swordsmen are sociopathic brats, blah blah blah Kagura still cought in conflicting loyalties blah blah blah the Mizukage it's clearly toying with them

Also, yay, Sarada uses her magic eyes for their intended purpose. For the first non-flashback time since the original chunin exam arc.

Funeral girl's mother was an abusive bitch, news at 11.

Further reiteration that the new seven swordsmen are brats who barely have any idea what they're doing.

Sarada also knows how to weaponized chemistry and physics.

Spoiler: Boruto and Kagura
    Show
    Not-Kisame is revealed as a liar scumbag hypocrite and a manipulative bastard.

Then he almost gets eaten because he, like the other five sociopathic brats, has no idea how to properly use that sword.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-06-08 at 09:43 AM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1156
    Troll in the Playground

@rater well you are bit earlier in story but be ready for love triangle and most badass ninja girls yoıu see in few episodes you will see sumire in way new light and first official usage of talk no jutsu by boruto on two different targets in same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

17. - Top - End - #1157

Quote Originally Posted by khadgar567 View Post
    @rater well you are bit earlier in story but be ready for love triangle and most badass ninja girls yoıu see in few episodes you will see sumire in way new light and first official usage of talk no jutsu by boruto on two different targets in same time.
    Actually, after a while I got fed up with just how much of it there was and started just jumping to the parts I'm most interested in.

My thoughts on the Mitsuki Arc... honestly, I'm just disappointed by how simple the tests to learn Snake Sage Mode are. I'd honestly kind of like it if Bort took up the fact that he has a right to learn Snake Style Sage Mode just so we can see what someone who doesn't have Jugo's bloodline using it looks like, but even though the anime only stuff is supposed to be "canon" I doubt that that will make it into the manga arcs and that would be a pretty weird thing to only use every other arc.

Parent and Child Day... Sasuke is trying so hard to make up for lost time but he has no social skills and it is awkward. And shame on Kakashi, giving Sasuke dating tips from a porn novel as advice for how to bond with his kid. Granted, it was things like "use a pet name" snd "offer her your coat if it's chilly" so they kind of work, but... God Damn, I think Kakashi's porn addiction has warped his mind.

Jugo Arc: So, both Kabuto and Mitsuki have Juugo's bloodline. Neither of them suffers from his loss of control. Either there's some kind of gene therapy that fixes that or learning Sage Mode negates the downside of Sage Transformation. It's weird that in 15 years that nobody has managed to use that to help Jugo get control of his rages.

Also, Jugo can rip Curse Marks out of people, It's possible to recreate the Curse Mark's effect without actually using Jugo's genetic material, Curse Marks don't necessarily have a visible external mark, they can be spread like a virus, apparently, the 90% fatality rate and extra stuff you need to maximize curse mark use were flaws that Orochimaru never worked around, it's possible to control Curse Marks with Scientific Ninja Tools, people with no ninja training shoot up to "Genin" level with a curse mark, and "ultimate curse mark weapon" that imitates Jugo's full power set loses hard to the actual Jugo.

Also, Curse Marks can turn you into Pokemon.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #1158
    Ettin in the Playground

New Boruto chapter, things happen, the battle continues.

19. - Top - End - #1159

Spoiler
    Show
    Surprising no one, robot frog man sage is clone of frog man sage.

Also goodness I wasn't sure what to expect going into this after Ramza's rather quick and to the point summary and... yeah. That's basically what happened!

20. - Top - End - #1160
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Surprising no one, robot frog man sage is clone of frog man sage.

Also goodness I wasn't sure what to expect going into this after Ramza's rather quick and to the point summary and... yeah. That's basically what happened!
    So I have my complaints about Boruto. But let me compliment it for once.

Spoiler: Boruto Chapter 47, June 2020
    Show

By doing the info dump in the fight you do two things simultaneously.

1) Make the info dump more interesting for while you are dumping there is also rising action occuring in the same chapter of the story.
    2) It allows you to conceal more important relevant information for later. Aka I am saying if people infodump all the relevant info at once then you can often solve many conflicts before they started. Aka the problem in action movies where there would be no conflict if two factions sat down and shared all they know at once.

I have many complaints about Boruto, but I have to thank Ukyō Kodachi for actually doing writting tactics that make sense for once. The fictional character Amado, the mad scientist... there is reasons why he does not revealing everything all at once besides keeping his cards close to the vest. One of the reasons is the various Valley of Fire members are distracted watching the battle and are not clearly thinking in an analytical sense. The exception to this is Sasuke. (Shikamaru is distracted for his son-Shikadai is a hostage.)

-----

Nothing else positive to say about this chapter for it was obviously foreshadowed before now.

Oh one more compliment Mikio Ikemoto 's art is pretty good for the last few chapters.

21. - Top - End - #1161

Spoiler
    Show
    I want to know where Amado got Jiraiya's DNA to clone him.

Like, it was a minor plot point that Kabuto could not find a sample of Jiraiya's DNA anywhere in order to bring him back with Edo Tensei when he had previously been able to get DNA from whoever the hell he wanted.

...Actually, since Kabuto's thing by that point was splicing himself with the cells of other people in order to gain their chakra and replicate their techniques using a combination of Sakon and Ukon's Kekkei Genkai and Sage Mode, you'd think that maybe he would have given himself the cells of the guy with skin so tough that he can shrug off a Rasenshuriken despite the type advantage. Or the people who ate part of Kurama and got enough of his chakra to pass for a Jinchuriki.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks