New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Default (not spam) Introduce yourself to vegetables, specially fruit and fresh ingredients

Has anyone played a vegetable as a PC?

No, not the vegetative state - literal vegetables such as cabbages, leeks, and tomatoes. Walking, talking vegetables that may or may not eat themselves.

Or a town full of funny vegetables, perhaps in an unofficial 'war' against a town of funny fruits.

Or entire races of vegetables.

Or animated vegetables.

Any veg?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: (not spam) Introduce yourself to vegetables, specially fruit and fresh ingredient

Now I need to introduce undead vegetables into my game.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: (not spam) Introduce yourself to vegetables, specially fruit and fresh ingredient

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
    Now I need to introduce undead vegetables into my game.
    The Celery Stalks At Midnight?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Colossus in the Playground

Do mushrooms count? Myconoids are valid NPCs; I contemplated a Myconoid PC at one point (though never really hashed out mechanics I was happy with).

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

ElfPirate

Veggie Tales, the RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxWilson View Post
    I've tallied up all the points for this thread, and consulted with the debate judges, and the verdict is clear: JoeJ wins the thread.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Goblin

No, but now I have to. Could be an adventure hook, too. A treant discovers that it can animate plants other than trees, gets tired of its children getting eaten by people.
    Nihil Refert

7. - Top - End - #7

Hah. The villains are horrific vegan elves!

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ettin in the Playground

I agree: elves are cannibals: if you want to do no cannibalism you should use a spell to remove the effects of starvation instead of eating.

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    I agree: elves are cannibals: if you want to do no cannibalism you should use a spell to remove the effects of starvation instead of eating.
    Tut, tut. Nobody ever said elves eat other elves. "Cannibal" is a tricky term in a setting with more than one sapient species. ;)

10. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Tut, tut. Nobody ever said elves eat other elves. "Cannibal" is a tricky term in a setting with more than one sapient species. ;)
    I believe "Sapiovore" would be the term to use.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

When I was 9, I played a free-form RPG with almost no rules with some friends. My first character was a carrot wizard. How this came about was never explained in-game

12. - Top - End - #12
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Segev View Post
    Do mushrooms count? Myconoids are valid NPCs; I contemplated a Myconoid PC at one point (though never really hashed out mechanics I was happy with).
    Too bad; sounds like he could have been a fun guy!
    I hate myself.
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Do Shambling Mounds count ?

They're more of a walking compost heap - so it's a bit like playing a character made out of vegetable peelings.
    π = 4
    Consider a 5' radius blast: this affects 4 squares which have a circumference of 40' — Actually it's worse than that.

Completely Dysfunctional Handbook
    Warped Druid Handbook

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Gamma World had mutated sentient plants. If they looked too plantlike robots would chase them with lawnmowers.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    The Celery Stalks At Midnight?
    You know, its been almost three decades since I read that book, and I just now got the pun.
    Looking for feedback on Heart of Darkness, a character driven RPG of Gothic fantasy.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Oh, thank you very much. Now I´ve the tune of "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" stuck in my mind...

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

When I was 9, I played a free-form RPG with almost no rules with some friends. My first character was a carrot wizard. How this came about was never explained in-game
    Did he wear a wizard hat on his head, or as pants? Or did he not have a hat?

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

If they're anything like pikmin I'd quickly go in the other direction.

Sure they're cute and all, but then you die and they feed you to their onion, which for whatever reason just creeps me right out.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Someone was writing up a Pikmin Captain class for 3.5. My response was that this makes a really handy way to get rid of trolls, let alone a really good way to just deal with any corpses you happen upon.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

The closest I've ever got is an encounter with a Calzone golem. We defeated it by eating it.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Did he wear a wizard hat on his head, or as pants? Or did he not have a hat?
    He had a conical hat and a staff. How he held said staff is a mystery.

On another note, his first action within the game was to walk into a tavern and order a glass of beet-juice. At the time I was convinced that carrots and beets had an ancient and bloodthirsty fued.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

RangerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Squibsallotl View Post
    The closest I've ever got is an encounter with a Calzone golem. We defeated it by eating it.
    Did the GM make a Calzone miniature to represent the Calzone golem? Did you and your friends eat it IRL?

23. - Top - End - #23
    Firbolg in the Playground

I once had the Dandelion King, an awakened dandelion warlock. He liked setting non-dandelion vegetation on fire.
    Last edited by Milo v3; 2016-02-28 at 09:52 PM.
    Spoiler: Old Avatar by Aruius
    Show
    http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q56/Zeritho/Koboldbard.png

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Too bad; sounds like he could have been a fun guy!
    I hate myself.
    You. I hate you right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Blossom View Post
    And then you wrote about it on your livejournal, dyed your hair black and started taking warlock levels.

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by Alex12 View Post
    You. I hate you right now.
    Just when I was starting to wonder if I had gotten away with it...
    That's all I can think of, at any rate.

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    All hail the mighty Strigon! One only has to ask, and one shall receive.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Barbarian in the Playground

This is an actual monster in D&D.
    Bane of disrudisplorkians, and loremaster.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Troll in the Playground

My first rifts character was a psychic houseplant that had turned its plant pot into a little mech. Does that count?
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

28. - Top - End - #28

Quote Originally Posted by Vizzerdrix View Post
    My first rifts character was a psychic houseplant that had turned its plant pot into a little mech. Does that count?
    Was that a custom RCC/OCC, or is that something they actually wrote up?

29. - Top - End - #29
    Troll in the Playground

Custom. One of the more experianced players knocked something together for me after him and the gm claimed it was a system where I could play anything I could think of.
    ,,,,^..^,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Haldir View Post
    Edit- I understand it now, Fighters are like a status symbol. If you're well off enough to own a living Fighter, you must be pretty well off!

30. - Top - End - #30

d20 Re: (not spam) Introduce yourself to vegetables, specially fruit and fresh ingredient

So who would make the better BBEG? Bunnicula or Count Duckula?

"It's Pizza the Hutt!"
    3e5e : Quintessa's Dweomerdrain (Drain power from a magic item to fuel your spells)
    3e │ 5e : Quintessa's Dweomershield (Protect target from the full effects of a magic item)
    3e │ 5e : Hordling Generator (Edit "cr=" in the address bar to adjust the Challenge Rating)
    3e │ 5e : Battle Sorcerer Tables (For Unearthed Arcana)