Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Crax OOC

1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default The Crax OOC

Spoiler: Original Recruitment Intro
    Show

Nobody is quite sure who settled on the name "The Crax" for the invaders, but that is what they came to be called. They seem immune to direct divinations - not even the gods are able to answer direct questions about them - and very little is known about them as a result. What little is known about them is not very happy: They're hungry, they're smart, they breed quickly, and they're spreading. They don't seem very particular about their diet; so far, it's known that the Crax have devoured villages, forests, prairies, golems, and several undead... including a lich, which has several other ancient undead panicked simply because it's been three weeks since that particular lich was eaten, and it still hasn't reformed... and a few of the ancient undead knew where that particular lich was keeping it's phylactery (they're not getting specific, but it's well out of Crax territory). One thing is clear: If The Crax is not stopped, it'll be the end of Golarion.

Spoiler
    Show

1. What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?
    Pathfinder, with a lot of my own modifications and a few from someone else.

2. What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)?The Crax have come to Golarion, and you need to end them before they end you along with everything else.

3. How many Players are you looking for? Will you be taking alternates, and if so, how many?
    Six.

4. What's the gaming medium (OOTS, chat, e-mail etc.)?
    OOTS.

5. What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)?
    40. See homebrew section.
    6. How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with?
    13,600,000 gp. Pre-game crafting is a go, but as noted, only one item can be epic, and you can't take the epic item crafting feats.

7. Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes?
    Homebrew: Nope, sorry. Otherwise, have fun!

8. What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? 'Prestige' races or species?
    Monsters as characters: Nope, sorry. Race builder: Nope, sorry. For "standard" races with a listed RP, up to 20. Otherwise, have fun!

9. By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points?
    Ability scores: Fixed array: 18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8
    HP: Max first, half plus 1 thereafter (d20=11, d18=10, d16=9, d14=8, d12=7, d10=6, d8=5, d6=4, d4=3, d2=2, d0=1 ... not that I expect anyone to be using anything over a d12 or under a d4...).

10. Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so?
    Standard alignment rules, such as they are; don't be evil. Talk to me if you expect to have a code of conduct before committing yourself to it. Different expectations of what a code means causes a lot of headaches at gaming tables.

11. Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it?
    Standard.

12. Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them?
    Forum roller for you. For some rolls, I'll use the forum roller. For others, I've got a set of dice. I'll mostly be using my dice when it's a roll you wouldn't know I'd be making.

13. Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.

This epic progression is used, with some modifications:
    Spoiler
    Show
    a) The Epic Eidolon Regneration ability grants fast healing, not proper regeneration.
    b) True Death Spell only adds 8 to spells' slot requirements, but carries a rider: the dead target can be Resurrected normally, provided the caster has been killed/destroyed at least once (even if it didn't stick for a full round) since the resurrection target was killed by it.
    c) There's a martial version of True Death:
    Spoiler
    Show

Soul Eater [Epic, Combat]
    Requirements: Epic Prowess (the feat)
    Benefit: Any creature you kill in melee that has a soul has said soul sucked into your flesh (or whatever passes for you flesh, such as in the case of a ghost). While all souls so trapped in you cannot be resurrected without the direct, physical intervention of a deity as long as you persist... all souls trapped within you are freed on your death or destruction, however temporary your death or destruction may have been.

e) Epic Item creation is a lost art. However, a few Epic items are still around. You are assumed to have found one during your career, which comes out of your WBL and can cost no more than 50% of your WBL.
    f) No Epic spells (you do, however, get epic spell slots as described for use with metamagic)

Gestalt, but with three Pathfinder classes, rather than two. Fractional saves and BAB are in effect.

We're not using XP - you're at the pinnacle of mortal power, and cannot advance further.

Note that monsters and opponents will usually not play by all the rules you'll expect (some might). No, I'm not going to expound on this.

14. Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)?
    Backgrounds are one of my biggest draws to a character, and I'm a very fast reader. Have fun trying to drown me in text. Also: Make sure you have a reason for wanting to keep the world in the 'not destroyed' state.

15. Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above?Much of the hack & slash element will quickly become puzzles of increasing difficulty from one encounter to the next. Figuring out the source and stopping it will require a hefty amount of RP.

16. Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters?
    1) Paizo Sources only; 3rd party needs to be specifically approved on a case-by-case basis (and I do mean specific items; if you ask something like "Is Dreamscarred Press content allowed?" as a blanket question, I will pretty much ignore you - however, if you say something like "I'm looking to include a bunch of Warder, is that OK?" I'll at least take the request seriously)
    2) I need to have free, legal access to it, as I'm not rich. For the most part, that means it needs to be on d20PFsrd.com
    3) We are not using the monsters as characters rules, so no, you're not playing a Great Wyrm Dragon... at least, not directly. Transformational classes and polymophic effects work as normal, so if you, say, play a Druid and take Dragon Wild Shape, you can pretty effectively pretend to be one.

Accepted Characters:
    Izzy Mayer
    Mathias Hulrun
    Firbu "Firestorm" Ledut
    Desssria
    Dazenth Longtail
    Dempsey
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: The Crax OOC

Hello all! I'll be playing Desssria, your party Bard/Psion/Tactician/Wizard. As you can probably guess from that class list, she's more or less completely hopeless in mundane combat, but has enough Psion in her to make a decent artillery piece when needed

Apologies for the profusion of sheets - there's enough spell/power lists on her I didn't fancy trying to squash them all together.

So, running through the standard stuff I do before most games:
    If we're calling speech colours, I will have Desssria use Dark Grey.

Do our characters know each other before we go chasing this lead? Is this our first meeting? Or is it up to us to agree that between ourselves?

Also, those of you who haven't played with the Psionics Unleashed classes before might want to drop by the Tactician page on the SRD and take a look at the Collective and Telepathy class features. (Basically it's a mental network that gives us all telepathic communication with each other. Desssria's always a member, and can have up to 16 others.) It's purely optional on each of your part if you join in (it's willing only, for a start), but the offer will be going around.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Dazeneth Longtail

Wryvaran Psywarrior/ Deadly Fist/Soul Hunter//Dragon Fury//Umbral Blade.

Psionics and Tome of battle, unarmed combatant and flurry of claws.
    Good at scouting and has some ki abilities as well as a secondary frontliner.
    He has been at war before and so this looks similar to him as well.

My color will be Blue.
    Last edited by Nightraiderx; 2016-03-14 at 08:34 PM.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Do our characters know each other before we go chasing this lead? Is this our first meeting? Or is it up to us to agree that between ourselves?
    Up to all'y'all. There's a rather lot of notices posted all over the place, in multiple cities.
    Of course, by the time I finish this post, it will already be obsolete. C'est la vie.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

My role is pretty much what you'd expect from a pistolero//fighter. Bullets come out of this directions, and generally go into things in that direction. Marksman feature that's basically improved Shot on the Run and Void Step make me surprisingly able to keep jumping around while doing so. Also have minors in standard light-armor skill package (some sneaking, scavenging,scouting, movement skills).

I'll speak in an appropriately dusty brown.
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2016-03-14 at 10:36 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Necroticplague View Post
    My role is pretty much what you'd expect from a pistolero//fighter. Bullets come out of this directions, and generally go into things in that direction. Marksman feature that's basically improved Shot on the Run and Void Step make me surprisingly able to keep jumping around while doing so. Also have minors in standard light-armor skill package (some sneaking, scavenging,scouting, movement skills).

I'll speak in an appropriately dusty brown.
    heh I remember when you were all like, "meh marskman" until I showed you the improved shot on the run thing lol.
    Some of the psionic tricks are also nice to be able to use.

As for knowing one another, I am for not knowing anyone since I have been busy fighting a war against the dirty Syrine Owl-people.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Firbolg in the Playground

Ah, excellent. Matthias Hulrun, reporting for duty. I will speak in a nice rich purple.

Build wise, Matthias is a Paladin 20/Fighter 20//Cleric 40//Inquisitor 20/Holy Vindicator 10/Sentinel 10.

Role wise, I guess that makes me the team's divine caster. Lots of healing, some buffing, and a side order of frontline combat. Sufficient levels of combat skill to reliably kill Cthulhu in a single round with no prep time, which I figure should be enough to keep up with basically anything the campaign needs, fight wise.

In terms of knowing people... Matthias is pretty famous on Golarion, and is likely to have heard of anyone who has had dealings with the Crusade or the war against the demons/other similar nasties.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

Avatar by Ifni, who is rightly awesome.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Though I will also have used Commune beforehand to confirm it's probably not a trap and that Iomedae thinks I should go.
    What do you actually ask?

9. - Top - End - #9

Quote Originally Posted by Jack_Simth View Post
    What do you actually ask?
    Sorry, should have been more specific. With Commune, I can get yes/no answers to up to my caster level (40) questions. Which is way more than I would need, but I'll go with the following for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Communing with Iomedae
    1) Does the individual who left this note intend me harm?

2) Is this note an attempt to lure me away from Drezen so as to lower its defenses?

3) Am I likely to find allies if I attend the proposed meeting?

4) If I go to the meeting, will there be combat?

5) Does it serve the interests of the Church of Iomedae if I attend this meeting?

6) The note claims that the author has seen the Crax in action. Are they telling the truth?
    That should cover things for now. Even if most of the answers are 'Unclear' he'll probably still go, but I'm hoping to get decent answers - even if Iomedae (or her representative) knows little about the Crax, she has divine insight and wisdom to provide appropriate guidance.
    "Not trusting me might be the smartest decision you made since getting off of your horse."

10. - Top - End - #10
    Ettin in the Playground

Izzy Mayer here

We'll go with Golden Rod for voice txtings.

In terms of Famousness.. No Izzy isn't really all that famous. Mostly because they're very much often on the move, going from plane to plane, planet to planet at times. They also tend to keep a rather low-key appearance, more of them fighting using their hands and feet more than they fight with a weapon.

Of course if they run into a worthy enemy they do fight with weapons. They've also got this whole thingy we're they've got a floating boat, they often use as a tavern with alcohol they collect from all over the everything.
    Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: Izzy
    Show

I haven't seen much of Izzy's backstory, so I can't go into much in the way of specifics. That said...

How would Izzy have reacted to seeing Desssria (to all mundane examinations, an impossibly beautiful Catfolk bard in her early 20s) in a tavern? Ignored her to focus on the booze? Drunken heckling? Pickup lines?
    And at the end of the evening, when she followed her usual routine and went fishing for budding adventurers, would he have gone along? Had an adventure already lined up he invited her to? Or just celebrated the chance to be rid of her?

Spoiler: Matthias
    Show

Well, there's several good points in that history that Desssria and Matthias could have met.

Option 1: Right after the start. Specifically, she wouldn't have been involved in the Fall of Kenabres, but when the survivors' tales started spreading, she could have searched out one of the groups planning to go conquer it back and offered her services. Afterwards she'd have handed over one of her Cubic Gates (she made a few herself where her home demiplane is one of the linked planes, and hands them out to friends who aren't geographically static enough to make a permanent gate to) and offered to help out with any future adventures he found himself on... Which would probably be more or less all of them (I suspect she wouldn't have been along for the audience with Iomedae or the duel with Baphomet, but she would have been around for all the others. Especially his courtship with Arushalae. Desssria would have lept at the chance to play Cyrano (minus the love triangle bit) for her oh-so-noble friend... especially considering that he probably didn't need the help ).

Option 2: Around the middle. Audience with Iomedae or Mission to Nocticula or so. If he needed to get somewhere in the outer planes and Arushalae either didn't know the way or wasn't willing to face the journey, Desssria would have been a great alternate choice of guide. I mean, just look at that Knowledge (Planes) check Again, this option would probably result in Matthias being left with one of Desssria's cubic gates.

(For the record: In both these options, Desssria would have been somewhat more powerful than Matthias when they first met (she's been at this for almost as long as Iomedae has, after all...) with Matthias catching up over the length of his career. That said, she'd never have challenged him for leadership - she has never had the slightest interest in ruling or leading anything, and would quite happily serve under Matthias even when he was still starting out. If you take me up on either of those options, she'd also likely be one of the reasons Matthias is so famous - doing tremendous deeds is great, but you won't become famous unless someone starts spreading the tales... and Desssria is also a bard...

And regarding Iomedae... if I've done the maths correctly, Desssria was 1 year old when Iomedae ascended. Net result, Desssria's probably heard a lot of second-hand tales of Iomedae's mortal life (she'd have been a young bard while most of Iomedae's mortal allies would have been slipping into old age). This probably makes it harder for her to think of Iomedae as a Deity - since, after all, she knows better than most that Iomedae really was human once. That said, she never got to meet Iomedae herself, and would likely be more than a little jealous that Matthias did. Not to causing trouble levels, but possibly to friendly ribbing levels.

Oh, and Option 1 and Option 2 would both result in Matthias knowing about Desssria's collective. It's up to you whether or not he'd have ever agreed to join.)

Option 3: She signs up for each of the 'army' moments, but never really goes anywhere with Matthias. So she'd have been there for the fortress-city of Drezen (and probably the one to confirm the authenticity of the Sword of the Inheritor - having grown up while it was legendary but still in living memory, she could likely recognise it), the crusade and the invasion of Threshold, but would have known most of the stuff in the middle by reputation only.

Spoiler: Firbu
    Show

Hmm... Well, got some options for you, as well.

Option 1: Firbu's transition between 'becoming awesome to protect myself' and 'becoming awesome to protect others' is inadvertantly touched off by their first meeting. Specifically, I was thinking something along the lines of: the young gunslinger drops by to see a bard's performance one day... then when she sticks around talking to the customers, Firbu goes over for a chat as well. Only for Desssria (with a Sense Motive so far above Firbu's Bluff it ain't funny) to completely demolish the young Kasantha, pointing out just how hollow her achievements to date are and how badly she's squandering her life. She then goes off in a funk, reflects on Desssria's little lecture... and decides that, yes, she was right, and she does need to do something better with herself. And the path to Robin Hood-dom begins...

Which then leads into Option 2: Desssria meets Firbu during her 'toppling corrupt authority' stage. As a NG character, she's got no particular preference for keeping people in power if she thinks they're bad for the people they rule. So she'd have heartily approved of what Firbu was doing at that stage in her career. She might even have helped out a little - loaning a high level spell or three here and there, passing on rumours and messages, that sort of thing. Meeting at this stage would also have gotten Firbu offered a cubic gate and a spot in Desssria's collective, though they're both up to you if Firbu would have accepted.

And Option 3: They've never met, and they'll just be going on each others' reputations when they reach the arena in the morning.

Spoiler: Dazenth
    Show

I doubt Desssria would have wanted to get involved in the Wyvaran/Syrinx war herself. Doesn't really seem the kind of thing she'd be interested in. On the other hand, just because she wasn't fighting like Dazenth doesn't mean she wouldn't have been around - she generally pokes around active wars, generally a) in case they turn up more of the ancient relics she's looking for and b) so she can pick up some war stories first-hand that she'll be telling a century or two from now. So they might have met, but only with her in her capacity as a Bard. (Though Dazenth might have heard of her other abilities - 800 years into her career, they're hardly secrets, after all - though the collective at least is generally only known to those that have adventured with her.)

Spoiler: Dempsey
    Show

I... really don't have much to work with, I'm afraid. Do you have a backstory somewhere I'm just not seeing?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Dessria
    Show
    Hmmm...I actually hadn't given it much thought, but I actually kinda like the idea of number one. Heck, can even see how that conversation went down. Pointing out that when you're main skill is being able to shoot things well, the only real career paths are about fighting. As is, she fought for herself, and ultimately wasn't too different from the ones she defended herself against. And thus, a change to fighting for others was born.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Dressia
    Show

Well, Izzy is likely to give a few pick up lines here and there. The cheesiest of the cheese. Some of which they'd mess up a bit on purpose. Like "Looks like heaven is missing an angle. I found acute one here." Or "Looks like heaven is missing an angel. Cause here I am!"

And yeah, she'd probally go along too. Izzy is nothing, if not often bored out of her mind. While others are off defeating demons and the like, Izzy is Follows their nose to trouble. So much so, they learned secrets of interplanetary travel, planeshifting, and have a massive airship they fly alone with their familiar around severing beer to thirsty people.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

So, we've got Matthias, Izzy, Dazeneth, and Firbu explicitly heading to the arena. Shall we skip forward to events of the 27th and assume everyone is in attendance, are there things people would like to try checking in more detail first, or is someone wanting to interrupt proceedings and do something else? I'm leaving a day of space for responses.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

I'm fine with a short timeskip.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Works for me, too.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ettin in the Playground

Timeskip is okay. I'll Have to figure out what to do with dosh later. Probably.

18. - Top - End - #18

Yeah, Matthias isn't likely to do anything substantive before the meeting. He's basically just here to make sure there's no immediately obvious trap and to see if anyone approaches him.

Thus, a time skip is fine by me.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

LETS DO THE TIME WARP AGAIN!

.... ahem yea, time skip is good.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

So, while we're waiting, you two...

Spoiler: Matthias
    Show

Well, there's several good points in that history that Desssria and Matthias could have met.

Option 1: Right after the start. Specifically, she wouldn't have been involved in the Fall of Kenabres, but when the survivors' tales started spreading, she could have searched out one of the groups planning to go conquer it back and offered her services. Afterwards she'd have handed over one of her Cubic Gates (she made a few herself where her home demiplane is one of the linked planes, and hands them out to friends who aren't geographically static enough to make a permanent gate to) and offered to help out with any future adventures he found himself on... Which would probably be more or less all of them (I suspect she wouldn't have been along for the audience with Iomedae or the duel with Baphomet, but she would have been around for all the others. Especially his courtship with Arushalae. Desssria would have lept at the chance to play Cyrano (minus the love triangle bit) for her oh-so-noble friend... especially considering that he probably didn't need the help ).

Option 2: Around the middle. Audience with Iomedae or Mission to Nocticula or so. If he needed to get somewhere in the outer planes and Arushalae either didn't know the way or wasn't willing to face the journey, Desssria would have been a great alternate choice of guide. I mean, just look at that Knowledge (Planes) check Again, this option would probably result in Matthias being left with one of Desssria's cubic gates.

(For the record: In both these options, Desssria would have been somewhat more powerful than Matthias when they first met (she's been at this for almost as long as Iomedae has, after all...) with Matthias catching up over the length of his career. That said, she'd never have challenged him for leadership - she has never had the slightest interest in ruling or leading anything, and would quite happily serve under Matthias even when he was still starting out. If you take me up on either of those options, she'd also likely be one of the reasons Matthias is so famous - doing tremendous deeds is great, but you won't become famous unless someone starts spreading the tales... and Desssria is also a bard...

And regarding Iomedae... if I've done the maths correctly, Desssria was 1 year old when Iomedae ascended. Net result, Desssria's probably heard a lot of second-hand tales of Iomedae's mortal life (she'd have been a young bard while most of Iomedae's mortal allies would have been slipping into old age). This probably makes it harder for her to think of Iomedae as a Deity - since, after all, she knows better than most that Iomedae really was human once. That said, she never got to meet Iomedae herself, and would likely be more than a little jealous that Matthias did. Not to causing trouble levels, but possibly to friendly ribbing levels.

Oh, and Option 1 and Option 2 would both result in Matthias knowing about Desssria's collective. It's up to you whether or not he'd have ever agreed to join.)

Option 3: She signs up for each of the 'army' moments, but never really goes anywhere with Matthias. So she'd have been there for the fortress-city of Drezen (and probably the one to confirm the authenticity of the Sword of the Inheritor - having grown up while it was legendary but still in living memory, she could likely recognise it), the crusade and the invasion of Threshold, but would have known most of the stuff in the middle by reputation only.

Spoiler: Dazenth
    Show

I doubt Desssria would have wanted to get involved in the Wyvaran/Syrinx war herself. Doesn't really seem the kind of thing she'd be interested in. On the other hand, just because she wasn't fighting like Dazenth doesn't mean she wouldn't have been around - she generally pokes around active wars, generally a) in case they turn up more of the ancient relics she's looking for and b) so she can pick up some war stories first-hand that she'll be telling a century or two from now. So they might have met, but only with her in her capacity as a Bard. (Though Dazenth might have heard of her other abilities - 800 years into her career, they're hardly secrets, after all - though the collective at least is generally only known to those that have adventured with her.)
    Mainly I just want to know who Desssria will be greeting as an old friend post-timeskip, and who she'll actually need to introduce herself to.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Hey guys, I can box really well.

In all seriousness, Dempsey is a striker via his Abundant Step, evasive tank once I'm in melee, and can do crowd control. He can flank with himself and provide flanking opportunities for the rest of you, interrupt defensive casting with attacks, and knock most things out with nonlethal damage. Kind of toolbox of melee tricks, meant to support other melee and ranged characters. I stack dodge bonuses really quickly, I have decent defenses and spell resistance, evasion, and I can't be flanked myself. I react to things, but will spend most of my time setting up kills for you. You set me up, I set you up.

Oh, most importantly, Dimensional Assault + Pummeling Charge + Cudgeler Style will knock down the big guys.

And yes, I'll be in attendance.

Since my lack of a backstory has been the source of some criticism, here's a long and short of it.

Razmiran, for those who don't know, is a principality in Golarion where all forms of healing magic are forbidden. In that kind of society, most forms of swordplay and weaponry are frowned upon, as even the smallest of injuries can be lethal. Growing up on the streets of Razmiran, Dempsey had to rely on his quick wits and even quicker fists to get by, until his talents were noticed by a group of pugilists in town, and their leader Mickey. Mickey took Dempsey under his wing, and taught him the fundamentals of boxing, a popular sport in Razmiran, a sport which Dempsey excelled at and eventually turned into a career. His exploits on the professional circuit resulted in an amazing legacy and more importantly a legendary reputation of never being defeated in a sanctioned fight.

Mickey, who taught Dempsey the fundamentals of of unarmed combat, encouraged him to travel the world and develop his own style, the result being his famous Dempsey Roll technique, which combined with his tenacity for training and quick wits, became one of the most powerful blows in martial arts. Competing all around Golarion, his flawless execution has made him a household name.

An unassuming man of average height and build, Dempsey's appearance hides his true speed and age. His training regimen has gifted him with uncanny resilience and he has been able to maintain the physique of his prime well into his 80s.
    Last edited by Matamane; 2016-03-16 at 09:28 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

I've been thinking about this, would Dessaria have helped Dazeneth study the shadow plane?
    The problem Dazeneth had was that he lacked the constitution to fight directly in the war until he looked up
    shadow arts. Since they are both psionic characters and Dessaria is a bard, he may have picked up information about
    picking up the Umbral Blade classes from your lore.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Izzy is a smuggler, and quite often a planeshifter. Her job however fluctuates all over the place, and often she's working small jobs, or as a tavern keep at That One Tavern. She's been of course trying to find a new name for the tavern.

Honestly she doesn't know how she's so good at things either. Everything just kinda comes naturally to her, in a manner of speaking. She didn't fight in any wars, conqueror any arenas, or much of anything else like that. Rather she just simply went along with her life, blessed with an unbelievable amount of good fortune.

Its very possible that she's appeared at least once in each persons life, did a thing, and then left.

24. - Top - End - #24

So, while we're waiting, you two...

Mainly I just want to know who Desssria will be greeting as an old friend post-timeskip, and who she'll actually need to introduce herself to.
    Option two seems like a solid place for Matthias and Desssria to have met. A guide to the planes would have been a very useful thing to have, and around that point Matthias would have been both powerful and well respected enough to avoid being completely overshadowed by the centuries old wizard.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Matamane View Post
    Hey guys, I can box really well.

In all seriousness, Dempsey is a striker via his Abundant Step, evasive tank once I'm in melee, and can do crowd control. He can flank with himself and provide flanking opportunities for the rest of you, interrupt defensive casting with attacks, and knock most things out with nonlethal damage. Kind of toolbox of melee tricks, meant to support other melee and ranged characters. I stack dodge bonuses really quickly, I have decent defenses and spell resistance, evasion, and I can't be flanked myself. I react to things, but will spend most of my time setting up kills for you. You set me up, I set you up.

Oh, most importantly, Dimensional Assault + Pummeling Charge + Cudgeler Style will knock down the big guys.

And yes, I'll be in attendance.

Since my lack of a backstory has been the source of some criticism, here's a long and short of it.

Razmiran, for those who don't know, is a principality in Golarion where all forms of healing magic are forbidden. In that kind of society, most forms of swordplay and weaponry are frowned upon, as even the smallest of injuries can be lethal. Growing up on the streets of Razmiran, Dempsey had to rely on his quick wits and even quicker fists to get by, until his talents were noticed by a group of pugilists in town, and their leader Mickey. Mickey took Dempsey under his wing, and taught him the fundamentals of boxing, a popular sport in Razmiran, a sport which Dempsey excelled at and eventually turned into a career. His exploits on the professional circuit resulted in an amazing legacy and more importantly a legendary reputation of never being defeated in a sanctioned fight.

Mickey, who taught Dempsey the fundamentals of of unarmed combat, encouraged him to travel the world and develop his own style, the result being his famous Dempsey Roll technique, which combined with his tenacity for training and quick wits, became one of the most powerful blows in martial arts. Competing all around Golarion, his flawless execution has made him a household name.

An unassuming man of average height and build, Dempsey's appearance hides his true speed and age. His training regimen has gifted him with uncanny resilience and he has been able to maintain the physique of his prime well into his 80s.
    Well, Desssria and Dempsey will have likely heard of each other then. But if all he's been doing is touring and prizefighting, this is probably the first time they'll have ever worked together.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightraiderx View Post
    I've been thinking about this, would Dessaria have helped Dazeneth study the shadow plane?
    The problem Dazeneth had was that he lacked the constitution to fight directly in the war until he looked up
    shadow arts. Since they are both psionic characters and Dessaria is a bard, he may have picked up information about
    picking up the Umbral Blade classes from your lore.
    Works for me. While she wouldn't have stuck around long enough to train him (and probably wouldn't be much good training an Umbral Blade anyway), she certainly could have provided the initial idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Maugan Ra View Post
    Option two seems like a solid place for Matthias and Desssria to have met. A guide to the planes would have been a very useful thing to have, and around that point Matthias would have been both powerful and well respected enough to avoid being completely overshadowed by the centuries old wizard.
    Works for me

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

I'm good with us being familiar with each other. Would it be a stretch to say we're familiar with each other's capabilities. ie. Collective?

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

Most of my abilities, I rarely ever use. Main one that might be known, is a massive amount of weaponry I seem to be able to pull out of thin air. Not that anyone else can use it though.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

The common knowledge available about Desssria includes her description, the description of her beloved Robe of Eyes (which looks like someone made an Otherworldly Kimono in the style of a Robe, then added the Eyes pattern over the top), the fact she's a skilled Bard, and 0-3 of the following facts:
    • She's a wizard
    • She's a Psion
    • She's immortal

Stuff like her familiar, her specialities, her elocator/tactician training, or her extra-planar home all require you to have studied something relevant, to have studied Desssria directly, or to have met her before (when she might have told you some of it). Of the other PCs, Izzy and Matthias can know as much as they want, because they've adventured together in the past. Firbu and Dazenth have both met her before (and so get a free pass on knowing the basics) but haven't worked with her enough to know all the details. Dempsey's likely never met her before, but could still have heard the common bits from other sources.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Matamane View Post
    I'm good with us being familiar with each other. Would it be a stretch to say we're familiar with each other's capabilities. ie. Collective?
    It would be a stretch, Desssria is the only one Dazeneth met, other than that the war against the Syrinx was kept isolated.
    Desssria would know Dazeneth was psionc in nature and they studies theory craft.

As far as fame, he probably sticks out due to his unusual nature and use of ice and claw. You may only know alittle about me,
    other than being a major force to be reckoned with by the Syrin.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Mind if I ask what the FORT save is happening if I fail? Some of my Warlord class features make it relevant (add CHA to FORT or WILL save if it's against death, fatigue, exhaustion, poison, fear, or compulsion).

Anyway:
    Initiative: (1d20+29)[37]

Side note: should those of us with True Sight have seen this coming, or is this one of those "not by the rules you expect" clause kicking in?
    Last edited by Necroticplague; 2016-03-19 at 05:31 PM.