New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 17323334353637383940414243444546474849505152 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,260 of 1691

Thread: Girl Genius!

1. - Top - End - #1231
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Girl Genius!

New page!

Good ol' Zeetha, never too busy deciding someone's fate to not take a moment and sneak a peak at his bottom
    Lead Designer for Oracle Hunter Games
    Today a Blog, Tomorrow a Business!

~ Awesome Avatar by the phantastic Phase ~
    Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

2. - Top - End - #1232
    Barbarian in the Playground

What's the significance of the ring around his neck? I don't recall how he got it from Agatha and the archives are WAAAAAAAYYY to thick for me to find in an reasonable amount of time.

3. - Top - End - #1233
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tomaO2 View Post
    What's the significance of the ring around his neck? I don't recall how he got it from Agatha and the archives are WAAAAAAAYYY to thick for me to find in an reasonable amount of time.
    That was the ring he gave agatha after they killed all those Slaver wasps back on the castle; his marriage "proposal"... Gil got it back when he found out Agatha "died"; back when the circus faked Agatha's death they put the ring on the corpse
    Last edited by slayerx; 2008-04-14 at 12:09 AM.

4. - Top - End - #1234
    Titan in the Playground

New comic!

Man, Gil is looking positively Klausian in that last panel.

Anyone know what the "Sturmvoraus" is referring to? My German is a bit rusty, but I think "voraus" is "to send away" or "go away" - Sturm is obviously Storm.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

5. - Top - End - #1235
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Wow. This is really straightforward communication here, considering they're nominally opposed and Agatha=Other is the sort of misunderstanding most authors would drag out inevitably. Kudos to the Foglios on realizing when to tie up a source of conflict, unlike most webcomic writers.

Plus, we still have Klaus misinformed, and he's more than dangerous enough on his own.
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

6. - Top - End - #1236

Wow. Zeetha is very astute. I guess it's not that big of a logical leap, though. And yes, Gil, having the Other held back by only a locket is indeed a very bad thing.

I'm glad that someone is aware that Agatha has been literally possessed by the Other. Identity confusion pisses me off.

7. - Top - End - #1237
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Anyone know what the "Sturmvoraus" is referring to? My German is a bit rusty, but I think "voraus" is "to send away" or "go away" - Sturm is obviously Storm.
    Strumvoraus is the family name of Travek and his father...
    Gil is just cursing the name of the family that ruled that town and was likely the ones who are responsible for doing this to her (though it was actually Lucrezia's servents that did it)... the fact that a device of the other was in that town confirms Klaus's thoughts about Aaronev working for the other... even after all this time

Wow. Zeetha is very astute. I guess it's not that big of a logical leap, though.
    Well, Agatha probably did fill in Zeetha on most of the details of what happened to her... So Zeetha knows what Agatha knows... though Zeetha was the first to figure out the locket is what stopped lucrezia
    Last edited by slayerx; 2008-04-15 at 11:37 PM.

8. - Top - End - #1238

Yes, I don't know how much I would trust a locket either.

You are right, Gil. This is bad.

9. - Top - End - #1239
    Banned

Yay! Go Zeetha!

10. - Top - End - #1240
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by dogmac View Post
    Yes, I don't know how much I would trust a locket either.

You are right, Gil. This is bad.
    Because the clockwork locket, not being made of Thran and/or Necron metal, will eventually wear down and break?

11. - Top - End - #1241

Quote Originally Posted by slayerx View Post
    Well, Agatha probably did fill in Zeetha on most of the details of what happened to her... So Zeetha knows what Agatha knows... though Zeetha was the first to figure out the locket is what stopped lucrezia
    Oh yeah, I guess Agatha did know about the whole situation. I don't know why I thought she didn't know she was possessed by the Other.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    Because the clockwork locket, not being made of Thran and/or Necron metal, will eventually wear down and break?
    Actually, the thing lasted for, what, 15 years (how old is Agatha again?) before Moloch tried to take it apart. I'd be more worried about it getting smashed or something, than it wearing down. She's not exactly sitting around at home watching TV, y'know?

12. - Top - End - #1242
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chionophile View Post
    Actually, the thing lasted for, what, 15 years (how old is Agatha again?) before Moloch tried to take it apart. I'd be more worried about it getting smashed or something, than it wearing down. She's not exactly sitting around at home watching TV, y'know?
    Eleven years, since that's how long ago Uncle Barry disappeared and she got it right before he left. And it did get smashed, by Moloch. Klaus repaired it, but who can say how successfully? For all we know, it's a Heterodyne relic as delicate as a Van Rijn.

13. - Top - End - #1243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    those are true to; partially the breaking... but i think more along the lines that, for one thing, the locket can always come off... someone could rip it off to steal it, or it might come off in a fight, or hell, one of the other's servents might figure it out and take it off when agatha's asleep... Second, Agatha says that she thinks she overcame the effects of the locket; true this was due to her not wearing it and allowing her mind to grow stronger, but just the fact she overcame it, means that it is entirely possible for Lucrezia to overcome it aswell... really, to think that a device is 100% fail safe would be the pinnacle of foolishness... and considering this is the fate of all of europa were talking about, we can't really except anything less than 100% fail safe

14. - Top - End - #1244
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Hooray! Continued Death to the Can't Spit it Out Trope! *

Besides, doing it this way allows for all sorts of interesting complications.

Anyway, time for my Epileptic Tree Idea:

Spoiler
    Show
    We already know that at some point in the future, Gil runs around dressed as a White Lady. The $64,000 question is: Why? Well, here's my theory. Gil is going to realize very quickly that if a machine can download The Other into Agatha, it might just be able to download The Other into someone else. Someone that they have no idea who it might be.

And that would be very bad.

Now why would he leap to such a conclusion? He's a Spark, that's why. Sparks leap to all sorts of strange conclusions.

But even if he doesn't leap to that conclusion, he's going to realize that having The Other just one chain snap away from reappearing is NOT a Good Thing. And if Gil can't figure out how to get The Other out of Agatha, he's in a pickle. He doesn't want to kill Agatha (and he might not even be in the position to do it), and he doesn't want to risk having The Other break out of her little mental prison.

So the only thing possible is try to figure out how to get The Other out of Agatha's head. And to do that, he's going to need more info on how The Other's devices work. And the only way to do that is to infiltrate The Other's organization. This presumes, of course, that Agatha doesn't figure way out on her own to rid herself of The Other (say via a strange machine in Castle Heterodyne). Of course, even if they do rid Agatha of The Other, the idea of sneaking into The Other's camp still has many benefits, not the least of which is finding the Sealed Evil In A Can the machine that did this in the first place and destroying it.

Therefore what he is going to propose, at some point, is that Agatha fake being The Other so they can infiltrate her little group and find out what is really going on. Either he does this to rid Agatha of The Other, or to make sure no other copies of The Other can or do exist, and/or to wipe out this menace once and for all.

Meanwhile, Klaus, should he find out any of this, will go ape-BLOOP (especially since he's currently a Revenant) and probably try anything and everything to stop Gil. After all, the last thing Klaus wants is for Gil to put himself right in The Other's clutches. So this might just mean that that Agatha and Gil could be on the run from Klaus' agents. And all the while they need to make sure they don't blow their cover inside Otherville.

Which would make for some interesting drama.

Now this probably won't happen. But at least it seems to fit with what we already know.

* NOTE: I like this trope just fine in certain shows/projects (like say, Lost or BSG) But this comic? Not so much.
    Last edited by Porthos; 2008-04-16 at 01:33 AM.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

15. - Top - End - #1245
    Firbolg in the Playground

Oh yeah, I guess Agatha did know about the whole situation. I don't know why I thought she didn't know she was possessed by the Other.
    Hullo? Everything that happened in Sturmhalten? The fight to keep control of her body? How exhausted she was because neither side ever let her body sleep? The message she prepared saying she was controlled by the Other? Wanting the help of the Baron? Her "I'm back!"

And then Zeetha connected the dots.
    Last edited by Gez; 2008-04-16 at 01:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

16. - Top - End - #1246
    Titan in the Playground

NinjaGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    And if you check the very next update, Agatha fills Zeetha in on just what the locket did to her while she was growing up.

The only thing that I can tell that Zeetha didn't know that she either figured out on her own, or was told off screen, is that Agatha had lost the locket at some point.
    Concluded: The Stick Awards II: Second Edition
    Ongoing: OOTS by Page Count
    Coming Soon: OOTS by Final Post Count II: The Post Counts Always Chart Twice
    Coming Later: The Stick Awards III: The Search for More Votes

No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style - Jhereg Proverb

17. - Top - End - #1247

Quote Originally Posted by Porthos View Post
    We already know that at some point in the future, Gil runs around dressed as a White Lady.
    And this is a known fact. (Fourth panel, bottom right.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

18. - Top - End - #1248

Yeah, yeah, I get that now. I went back and reread that portion and I realized what a dunce I was being . Thanks for rubbing it in .

Edit: Hey, I'm an orc now. That means I am spending entirely too much time on this site.
    Last edited by chionophile; 2008-04-16 at 05:59 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1249
    Ettin in the Playground

Not White Lady ... Geisterdamen.

20. - Top - End - #1250

PaladinGuy

Well, he's a guy, so geisterehrenman, I guess...
    Honor guard at the funeral in the Miko Fan Club.

Those who are too stupid to run, I salute you.

Human Male, age 35

"Have you come to lecture me on my evil ways?"

"Actually, I brought you some supper. But if you'd prefer a lecture, I've a few very catchy ones prepped; sin and hellfire... one has lepers."

- Inara and Book, Firefly

21. - Top - End - #1251
    Titan in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Yeah, yeah, I get that now. I went back and reread that portion and I realized what a dunce I was being . Thanks for rubbing it in .

Edit: Hey, I'm an orc now. That means I am spending entirely too much time on this site.
    You think YOU are.
    Look at my title
    Now look at my join date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsurion View Post
    I don't know if you've noticed, but pretty much everything BRC posts is full of awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by chiasaur11 View Post
    So, Astronaut, War Hero, or hideous Mantis Man, hop to it! The future of humanity is in your capable hands and or terrifying organic scythes.
    My Homebrew:Synchronized Swordsmen,Dual Daggers,The Doctor,The Preacher,The Brawler
    [/Center]

22. - Top - End - #1252
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Talyn View Post
    Well, he's a guy, so geisterehrenman, I guess...
    {table]|Singular|Plural
    Female|Geisterdame|Geisterdamen
    Male|Geisterherr|Geisterherrn[/table]

23. - Top - End - #1253
    Titan in the Playground

Goblin

Quote Originally Posted by Bloddyredcommie View Post
    You think YOU are.
    Look at my title
    Now look at my join date.
    *TWFs the noobs to death*
    Spoiler
    Show

Stealthy Snake avatar by Dawn
    Lack of images by Imageshack

24. - Top - End - #1254
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    *TWFs the noobs to death*
    Three cheers for Lightning Mace + Crushing Strike + Two-Weapon Rend!

25. - Top - End - #1255
    Titan in the Playground

Ultimate Coffee:

Compare and contrast.

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

26. - Top - End - #1256

Considering that it makes him sick in the next strip because he's lactose intolerant, I think Agatha's wins. Although mochas are pretty damn good.

27. - Top - End - #1257

Agatha's is better. The mocha didn't turn the silly man into a quivering wreck. It merely opened his mind, which probably isn't that hard for most people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

28. - Top - End - #1258

Is it wrong of me to want Phil to do a special Girl Genius XXXenophile story, with Agatha, Zeetha, and Gil?
    The Evil Midnight Lurker what Lurks at Midnight
    "An object at rest -- CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!"

29. - Top - End - #1259
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Lurker View Post
    Is it wrong of me to want Phil to do a special Girl Genius XXXenophile story, with Agatha, Zeetha, and Gil?
    Yes. It is very wrong.

Now if you had said a special Girl Genius / Buck Godot crossover XXXenophile story with Agatha, Zeetha and Lou...

Spoiler
    Show

Elflad

30. - Top - End - #1260

All right then, how about Agatha, Zeetha, and Bang?

(While Gil, Tarvek, and Othar are in the corridor outside, dueling with chainsaws as their primitive ancestors did to see which one gets in.)
    The Evil Midnight Lurker what Lurks at Midnight
    "An object at rest -- CANNOT BE STOPPED!!!!!"