New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Worst thing another player has done to you?

Inspired by the "How would you handle this situation" thread - where a player pushed the party cleric into a room with an irate dragon. I was wondering what experiences other people have had where another player has done something to them that you weren't very happy about.

I mentioned in that thread a game I played in where the sorcerer cast enlarge person on my rogue to block a 10" passage so an Owlbear couldn't get to him. I laugh about that now though.

In another game, I remember one player getting really P'd off at another player and picking up his pet wardog and throwing it off a cliff

What has happened to you or that you've seen happen to someone else?

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Worst thing another player has done to you?

Pissed off in-character or out-of-character?

IC I have pissed off tons of my fellow party members and they have pissed me off and each other.

OOC I have never seen any of the people I game with pissed at any other.

We have plotted and schemed, killed each other, slept with the other characters wives behind their backs, and pretty much anything else you can imagine. But OOC we all just laugh about it.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

The party druid used produce flame to torch the Inn I was in to punish me for starting a bar fight once...
    Initiate Cleric of Skaroq

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Maryring View Post
    The most powerful monster in DnD? The DM of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reptilius View Post
    5216. The Gray Guard PrC, despite being a righteous knight who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, does NOT mean you are Batman.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus_Samma View Post
    "...so as it turned out, it was a really good thing I took those ranks in Craft: Leatherworking. And that's the story of how I became a blackguard."

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Our female Elven Ranger's sister got possessed by some devil or demon and the Human Paladin killed her while the Rgr was trancing. The best part is, the Paladin's Rogue brother (PC), was half-possessed too (maybe half-Tiefling) and convinced the Paladin to do it.
    "Make everything as simple as possible, but not simpler." -Albert Einstein

sugar (to be consumed by Thog.)

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

My first game ever, my character had the majority of his cash spent on his greataxe (It was level 9), and one of the PCs, while he was unconscious, stole his axe and tried to throw it away, and when it returned (had throwing and returning on it), she carefully placed it in the river. The next morning, they tied me to a horse and rode off.
    Life is a gamble, roll the dice. If your life is like cards, rig the deck.

"Boy, sure would be nice if we had some grenades, don'tchya think?" -Jayne
    Greatest number of kills In Valhalla Round 1 with Hsams Goht

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    Pissed off in-character or out-of-character?
    Either. Just whatever has happened to you or someone else that you weren't particularly happy about.

In the dog throwing incident I think it was a bit of both. The player was P'd off but arguable his character could have been too given the circumstance (mind you that was 15 years ago and I've forgotten what the circumstances were)

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

I was an elf paladin. The rogue sold me to the Drow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Thespianus View Post
    I fail to see how "No, that guy is too fat to be hurt by your fire" would make sense.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

3 situations come to mind.
    In the first the group was entering a dwarven stronghold. They were passing though a corridor lined with arrow slits, so one of them pushed the mage up against the arrow slits to shield him as he walked past.
    The second was an ongoing rivalry of practical jokes between me and another mage in the party. Hold person and invisibility on clothes in the middle of town, gluing him together with the girl he was having sex with (who was disguised as a guy),just embarrassing things mainly. Until the last session of the campaign when he blew me up. Officially it was an accident, but it's debateable wether or not he knew I was there.
    The third started with an arguement in a bar between the party mage and rogue. The mage pulled out his crossbow, meaning to shoot the table in front of the rogue. He fumbled badly and ended up hitting him. The rogue left. That night he snuck into the mages room at the inn and killed his familiar. This dropped the mage a level and led to fight to the death. The rogue won, hid the body, stole his things and left town.

I should point out that none of these led to OOC problems.
    Last edited by Tallis; 2007-06-27 at 10:18 PM.
    DMs don't cheat, they just change the rules.

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't" -Margaret Thatcher

"Celebacy is no match for a natural 20!" -RandomNPC

"If you're so goth, where were YOU when we sacked Rome?" -Swordguy

9. - Top - End - #9

From the other thread:

In a game I played a ghost possessed barbarian that was after a high level spellbook, the ghost wanted it. Our kobold trapsmith found the secret chamber containing it first, so I pushed him inside to trigger any traps there. He was blinded temporarily while I ran out with the tome.

My PC returned the party with missing time during a fight with a carrion crawler. It paralyzed me, and guess who came up to sneak attack my ignorant character?

Hell hath no fury like a kobold scorned

Later on, the kobold got killed by a trap but was raised by a mysterious (cursed?) magic item. He was fine for a few hours but was begining to feel ... odd. While we were camping, ofcourse on my watch, he finished his transformation into a wight! And went to drain our sleeping allies.

I fought the little creep despite taking a couple of negative levels. My Raptoran barbarian/scout got him running off so rage-skirkimish-powerattacked him with my glaive in an aerial charge. He was destroyed, but I lost the saves and lost a level. Retired my PC.

IRL me and that player are the best of friends and have been for years. Still, our characters tend to have friction more often than not.
    Last edited by Diggorian; 2007-06-27 at 10:23 PM.
    Da Dominion: blog of belly laffs and a GM (Gamer Media) podcast. Sharp Humor for a Dull World.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Well, long story short: The worst thing another PC has done is survive a coup de grace.
    My Deviantart, Please enjoy it.
    Invincible Maiden Avatar by GryffonDurime.

Spoiler
    Show

Homebrew by Krimm Blackleaf

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

One PC webbed my character that was currently being grappled and energy drained by a vampire spawn to "buy time" and then was planning to set the web on fire to kill my character before he was killed by the spawn. Cleric turned the spawn before that could happen.

In Shadowrun I had another PC frame my character for murder with Lonestar in a very stupid way that nearly got us all killed. Sadly the GM would not let me put a bullet in his brain the next night while he slept for that. : (

Worst thing I've done is when I joined a game already in progress. No one bothered to tell me the old PCs had been dominated by the BBEG. We proceed thru the dungeon until we get to the "boss fight". Random dwarf leaps out at my character, on my turn I score 3 critical hits and down him before any of the other PCs or players can say a thing. Find out later that was an old character of one of the other players he was planning to take back over once he was rescued. Oopsy.
    Last edited by illyrus; 2007-06-27 at 10:44 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Only time my character has ever died was when he put on a cursed necklace that choked me. My party's solution was to chop my head off. Then they could slip the necklace off. I got them back though. In a different campaign they routinely threatened to kill my Halfling Fighter who was way better than any of theirs (No joke. This fighter kicked butt.). My Halfling then did some scouting into a cave and saw 3 trolls. He told the rest of the party that it was all clear then once they were a bit into the cave he shouted out, "Hey trolls! Fresh meat coming for ya!" They beat the trolls but insisted that my Halfling leave the party afterwards.

13. - Top - End - #13

In a D20 Future game awhile back, my character managed to piss off one of my fellow PCs enough that he tossed me off a platform in the upper atmosphere.

He had a lot of time to think about what he did wrong before he hit the ground.
    Spoiler
    Show

Pirate Lucky by Ceika, Lady Luck by Ego, Lucky Luke by Captain Van Der Decken

14. - Top - End - #14

Kills my favorite NPC, one of a grand total of two things my character'd managed to get attached to in the entire game, then goes and turns the entire party against me. Player claimed it was "to get character development", but that was not the direction in which I was supposed to be going.

...repentant deathknight, my foot.
    Exchange of Realities: For writers, for gamers, for those who want to be both. Check it out!

Rule #1: When in doubt, try to intimidate the army.

"And bring me some tea!" Tuyet avatar by me.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Dwarf in the Playground

Saddly, most of my games end up being the DM vs. a player. Though there was one time when, during a pirate campaign, a Warforged PC (with the Adamantium Skin feat) took over the captain's quarters, even though the captain was a Halfling PCs. So my Ranger shot him, and ran up onto the deck. The warforged followed...and as he reached the top and came after me, the other PCs hit him with the boom (or whatever) and knocked him off the ship. He couldn't swim.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hmm. I've done some nasty stuff to my party... >> Yay playing evil.

My archmage feebleminded the other arcane caster in the party for waking him up in the middle of the night to ask if he knew knock so he could get into the ship captain's liquor cabinet.

The telepath regularly pretends to be the voice in my archmage's head, freaking him out.

My rogue/swashbuckler convinced the party that the necklace of fireballs was worthless (go Bluff, go!)

Worst thing the DM did to me? Used skill tricks before the Complete Scoundrel was released to get my character (who had disguised herself as a prostitute to get information from an NPC) to sleep with said NPC.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Halfling in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

have a party member roll up a chaotic evil char just so he could randomly kill me at some time at the very beginning of the campaign...it wasn't that bad
    * Eight has quit IRC (Ping timeout: 360 seconds)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I killed the party paladin to fulfill my promise to Orcus and become a true vampire hehe.

The worst thing I've ever seen one player do to another happened last year. A new player joined our group early in a campaign, and met the rest of a party in a forest, being a halfling ranger. Two of the party proceeded to kills him before he even had chance to say a word!

At least he didn't have chance to get attached to the character before it kicked the bucket!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ettin in the Playground

Well, like so many 'DM and Player Nightmare' stories, this one is about a CN sorcerer with pyromania. Basically, we were negotiating with the general of a Generic Evil Army (tm), and he gets bored. Keep in mind this was a high-level game, so the sorcerer has a lot of power to throw around, and the character was portrayed as incredibly whimsical. Anyways, let's just say that it ended with him force-feeding the general a Delayed Blast Fireball while Time Stopped, and bringing approximately half a million enemy troops down on us, not to mention the general's two epic level wizards.

Of course, when all is said and done, feeding a guy a Delayed Blast Fireball is pretty darn awesome, so we quickly forgave him, especially when the DM declared that the whole thing never happened (I don't blame him; it was the first session of what was going to be a long term campaign).

20. - Top - End - #20
    Halfling in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

This was in a different game system, but I suppose my character would count as a cleric. She was thoroughly and utterly mad and quite evil. The group had confronted her arch-nemesis, a scheming fire wizard who had had her family executed. In the ensuing fight, she lost her arm and became unconscious and when she woke up and found he was dead, she attacked the elf **** who was responsible with her sword.

OOC I had a right to be pissed, though, becaue me and the DM had discussed during the lunch break a way for her to get her arm back, namely by sacrificing said evil wizard (oh, and the elf's player had heard it).

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ettin in the Playground

Kobold

Oddly enough I'm usually the one dishing out the hate. Or at least retaliating to it.

My gnome, Grimble (and this was back in 3.0 before Gimble became the iconic gnome), conducted an experiment with several dream spells to induce nightmares followed by some illusory demons to see if paladins could crap their pants.

I also had a halfling rogue for an unfortunately brief game. Another player was part demon. This other player didn't grasp that wanting your character to be an uber badass doesn't make it happen within the game world. Whenever my character snuck off to go stealing he metagamed against me and scolded me for it regardless of whether he had any clue what I'd been up to. He also claimed that due to his backstory he was immune to my bluff checks. I claimed that since in my backstory my rogue came from a planet with a kryptonite sun I had super halfling powers, but I don't think the player got the point. Anyway, I eventually went to church and made the confession that I'd been adventuring with a demon. I felt sick and dirty but was powerless to do anything against him. So I rallied the paladins up against the guy. Every town we went into I'd pick a new diety and have his paladins hunt this guy down. He stopped screwing with me after that, but the game stopped soon after.

I played a wonderful little bard by the name of Raoul. He accumulated new titles every game session. After several months of playing he had accumulated several minutes of heraldry. When the group met new NPCs I was pretty much the only talkative player so I went through introductions for the party, including my extended name. The dwarf took exception to this and started throwing rocks at me. Now, what made my character interesting was that he was working as a spy for the arcane hosttower of luskan. The character really wanted to be a good guy, but was terrified of betraying the arcane brotherhood. My part of the game was all about maintaining connections to the tower while trying to decide who to side with ultimately. The rock throwing pushed my Raoul over the edge. During a particularly nasty encounter I announced that I was dim dooring out for help. I brought the barely conscious mage with me and left the rest of them to die. My character went for the host tower but regretted it. He's since been upgraded to NPC status and has tried to atone for his sins, but nobody really knows what he's up to. The current game in that setting is winding to a close and I've been informed that Raoul will be involved and I may get to play him a bit. I'm campaigning to get to play him and my current character at once, not because I could be nasty in combat with two characters but because both of them are rather vocal bards and I'd love to roleplay both sides of their arguments.
    If you like what I have to say, please check out my GMing Blog where I discuss writing and roleplaying in greater depth.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

Punched me in the nose, stole my girlfriend, wrapped my car around a tree and stole my Def Leppard record.

Oh??? In character???

Sold me into slavery. Still haven't quite figured out what the hell his plan was. He keeps saying that he had one, but I can't figure it out. We ran like hell. And he was officially never allowed to make plans without discussing it with the party first from that moment forward.
    Thanks The Neoclassic for my avatar!

Stark Raving Dad - a blog about life.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by theos911 View Post
    Fighter: I can kill a guy in one turn.
    Cleric: I can kill a guy in half a turn.
    Wizard: I can kill a guy before my turn!
    Bard: I can get 12 idiots to go kill guys for me
    Quote Originally Posted by grarrrg View Post
    Oh, and Person-Man's real name is a little something called "SKYNET"

23. - Top - End - #23

As far as the worst thing my group has ever done to a player, it was more of a group effort, and I wasn't the poor player trapped by the party.

It was a little thing, but really something that tended to frustrate the player.

We had a Sorcerer, Two Fighters (one ranged, one melee), and a Cleric. The melee fighter's character concept was "low-level town guardsman adventuring against his will," and boy did we abuse that.

We didn't have a rogue. The Fighter's name became "Trap Monkey!" He did what we told him to, because we were clearly his superiors (if that's not good roleplaying, I don't know what is). One time I was asked by the Fighter to open a chest, because he was near unconsciousness and it was probably trapped.

So I did. I stood to one side and opened the chest. An arrow flew out of the lid, hitting the poor Fighter (who had been standing behind me) square in the chest, knocking him unconscious.

I almost felt for the poor trap monkey.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."
    Kayru, City of Ancients (OOC)

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

Avatar by Starwoof! Thank you kind sir!

24. - Top - End - #24
    Orc in the Playground

RogueGuy

We had a rogue who refused to open the locked door that stopped us from leaving the first room. He thought that we were out to get him and had put a giant trap on the door that was impossible to find. It was a prison cell. Who traps a prison cell door? So after our wizard had wasted a spell blowing the door up (he only had fire and blowy up style spells) we had to battle the guards. the rogues response to this was to 'search' the corner i.e stand in the corner and watch us fight for him. Later I pushed him in front of a troll tht he was trying to sneak past to grab the treasure while we all died. Although due to my actions our clerics were killed as my fighter was acting as a human shield. I regret nothing. So we ended the dungeon with only me and the wizard surviving.
    Last edited by TheAlmightyOne; 2007-06-28 at 11:37 AM.
    God bless Belkar. Or best offer.

proud member of the girl-working-as-a-waitress-to-go-through-ninja-school fanclub

25. - Top - End - #25

Quote Originally Posted by TheAlmightyOne View Post
    We had a rogue who refused to open the locked door that stopped us from leaving the first room. He thought that we were out to get him and had put a giant trap on the door that was impossible to find. It was a prison cell. Who traps a prison cell door? So after our wizard had wasted a spell blowing the door up (he only had fire and blowy up style spells) we had to battle the guards. the rogues response to this was to 'search' the corner i.e stand in the corner and watch us fight for him. Later I pushed him in front of a troll tht he was trying to sneak past to grab the treasure while we all died. Although due to my actions our clerics were killed as my fighter was acting as a human shield. I regret nothing. So we ended the dungeon with only me and the wizard surviving.
    If your next rogue is this bad, just find yourself a trap monkey.
    *Evil grin* "Snip snip."
    Kayru, City of Ancients (OOC)

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrarity View Post
    The wizard sleeps the fighter, and/or greases him for sneak attack, and/or uses color spray. And/or makes him too weak to use his armour. And does the laundry.

Avatar by Starwoof! Thank you kind sir!

26. - Top - End - #26

I've posted a worst thing, but it was character driven. This is a player metagame thing. I think it's worth the read

Alternity Star Drive: I was a T'Sa (think halfing velociraptor) arms dealer trying to make a deal with these space pirates on their base to attack the alien-occupied main world of this system to rescue the other half of the party. With me is a rogue type human mutant who served as my shiphand and biographer (I optioned my early adventures into movie and TV miniseries rights ).

Off on his own with a "hospitality girl", the rogue was accosted by some pirate hands making lewd suggestion to the both of them. Rogue backed them down but became paranoid. He'd had a rough time adjusting to the stygian style of our GM

We meet back up and negotiate with pirate boss whose officier needs some expertise of the rogue elsewhere. Rogue refused flat out. I made it an order. He got irrate so I, his captain, try to calm him down. Pirates get a couple of security into the room on stand by. So, two pirate guards, pirate boss, pirate officier, and me trying to calm him; who does he attack? Me.

Wrestling match ensues with him shooting me in the grapple twice (natural armor but still a small guy). After my crewman knocks me unconscious, he holds a pistol on me as a hostage against the pirates. I'm HIS captain, on HIS side. Dude was actually holding the main character of the campaign, me, against the DM.

Pirates didnt offer anything save opening the door to the room, so he shot my PC once more and threw him in the corner before running out of the room. How do you escape a pirate base that is a colossal tank rolling across a frozen moon and you cant fly a starship? He didnt know either.

The player left the game that night, but do we have stories about him. I gamed with him again in another group I was part of, still a dumba$$.
    Da Dominion: blog of belly laffs and a GM (Gamer Media) podcast. Sharp Humor for a Dull World.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

The setting: A massive dungeon of a temple our DM had constructed, the altar of Odin.
    The players:1. Me, a lawful good paladin of Odin 2. My friend Joe, a "break-the-module" type of player, also a guy our DM didn't really like, he wasn't getting the spotlight at all, etc. He is playing a CN bard who also worships Odin.

Due to a very, very dumb move by the party wizard, we had sold a shocking longsword to help pay for a res. Little did we know this was supposed to be the bard's magic weapon(why there wasn't instead a magic instrument, the world will never know). This temple was giving out plenty of goodies to everyone but the bard. He had escaped a trap with a tremendous treasure, but it crumbled to dust when he escaped cuz he wasn't lawful good. Then we found some "traps" that gave good characters resistance to fire, and lawful characters resistance to cold. Of course, the bard was neither of these, and the only character who didn't receive some sort of resistance. At this point, he was praying to Odin to give him some kind of sign of his love. Our DM sucked and nothing came of it. So he said "screw you odin" and sent his raven figurine(he had gotten attached to it, kinda like a poor man's familiar) to crap on Odin's(newly consecrated) altar.

The cleric and my paladin caught the raven in a crossfire before it could do anything, and then my paladin snapped a javelin in half to make a switch and beat him senseless. 500XP for me, one less player in the group.

I think that's probably the worst thing I've ever done or had done to me in D&D. Oh, I was playing FATE once and my GF(playing a mage) had my character's vision turn into "vegetable vision" for a night when he tried to sleep with a bar wench. That sucked.

Playing a modern CofC campaign, one of the PCs became a half-zombie, by eating food off of a plate with the zombification symbol on it. Whenever a plate broke, they would attack. So, I broke a plate, beat the guy off of me, then tied him up so he wouldn't attack me anymore. Then I proceeded to break every plate. He would twitch every time 1 broke. The third investigator walks in, sees this spectacle of a man holding a gun smashing plates, a tied up young man and woman(NPC) bloody and bruised twitching on the floor, and immediately takes out a camera phone and uploads the whole thing to youtube. THAT was funny.
    I am continuing to have a social life. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Serious-Jedi-Me-Avatar by RTG0922. Thanks. Cat-assassin-avatar by onasuma, who I was too dumb to thank. Thanks for that too!

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

I think I already commented that these ones:
    Elf Wizard: Was going to jump over some traps. The group's fighter and rogue had already passed, found, and disabled some traps.
    When I asked which places I could walk over, the fighter told me where to step.
    The rogue turned to him and said "wait, isen't that path the place we didn't check for traps?"
    The rest is story.
    Dwarf Cleric: My character was just entering a mine, when the group's fighter (the same player from the previous tale) decided to "ride" a mine cart, EXACTLY when I entered, walking over the rail. My shortest lived character, ever!

No, the fighter's player have nothing against me. I was just unlucky to have walked close to him, as many others players and PCs suffered the same fate

Member of the Hinjo fan club. Go Hinjo!
    "In Soviet Russia, the Darkness attacks you."
    "Rogues not only have a lot more skill points, but sneak attack is so good it hurts..."

29. - Top - End - #29
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seffbasilisk View Post
    My first game ever...(It was level 9)
    Your first game ever was level 9? That's odd.

I haven't been really messed with by other players too much, usually just by DMs. But when I am DMing I have seen:

A PC frame another PC for murder in order to get that PC out of the way.

A PC steal a magical resource from another PC (a once you touch it you get it deal).

A PC kill an NPC that was friends with another PC because the PC sided with the NPC over the other PC.

A PC lock up a warehouse with another PC and a bunch of homeless people inside because one of the homeless NPC's (a kid) stole the other PC's shoes (just ordinary shoes) and wouldn't return them. After locking up the warehouse he set it on fire.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Troll in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

I'm a somewhat nieve lawful good fighter adventuring with a band of scoundrel mercenary types.

One of the other PC's: "Hey, there's this unnatural inky blackness up ahead. Let's send the Fighter, he's tough!"

My PC: "Well, okay, yeah, I am tough."

*horrible screaming and mauling ensues and they pull my character out*

One of them: "Man, he's almost dead!"

Me: *Stabilized!*

One of them: "We're out of healing potions."

The evil Warforged: "Hey, let's feed him this unidentified potion I made from vampire ash and minotaur dung!"

Me: *Dead from poisonous potion*

Them: "Let's divvy his loot!"