New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

Default How would YOU conquer Hell?

Eh, nevermind.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2007-07-02 at 05:18 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: How would you conquer Hell? *spoilers for those unfamiliar with D&D Baator*

[joking]Be Pun-Pun[/joking]

I don't honestly know. Do the nine hells have any moons?
    I'm not lazy, just efficient

Town-ness

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: How would you conquer Hell? *spoilers for those unfamiliar with D&D Baator*

Quote Originally Posted by 13_CBS View Post
    Nothing blatantly powerful (including, but not limited to, extreme DM intervention ("All good dieties suddenly appear in Asmodeus's palace, blowing it to smithereens!"), horrid rule bending (Pun-Puns or otherwise), and wishes barring those that mirror spell effects).

(I know you're joking)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Sorry for the double post, but the restrictions have been edited.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

Question What CAN we do, then?!

You're killin' us here! First you ban the manipulation of souls, and then you ban the manipulation of Archdevils? Come on!
    Diamond Mind avatar provided by Abardam.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Firbolg in the Playground

So your allowing Epic Spellcasting?

Well if Epic Spellcasting is banned I would go with an Epic Bard. You can get diplomacy high enough that Asmodeus is automatically fanatically loyal to you.
    People who think Tippy equals win.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Tyndmyr View Post
    Clearly, this is because Tippy equals Win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunken Valley View Post
    Tippy=Win
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavinfoxx View Post
    Wow... Tippy, you equal win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Immabozo View Post
    Tippy, I knew, in the back of my mind, that you would have the answer. Why? Cause you win. That's why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mithril Leaf View Post
    Alright. I finally surrender. Tippy, you do in fact equal win. You have claimed the position of being my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by Someone who shall remain anonymous
    This post contains 100% Tippy thought. May contain dangerous amounts of ludicrousness and/or awesomeness.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Do the nine hells have any moons? Cause I know what I would do if it does.

Town-ness

8. - Top - End - #8
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Tippy View Post
    So your allowing Epic Spellcasting?

Well if Epic Spellcasting is banned I would go with an Epic Bard. You can get diplomacy high enough that Asmodeus is automatically fanatically loyal to you.
    ...sure. You could do that. I was hoping, however, for a description of a high-level adventure involving much devil slaying and epic battles...

New restrictions posted.

9. - Top - End - #9

Some questions:

Maximum allowed level?
    Maximum allowed number of characters?
    Do you have to get effective control over all 9 layers of hell (impossible with a small force of heros) or just kill asmodeous and/or the other lords of the 9?

Can we use Epic Cheese of Auto-Win?
    Can we use artificer cheese?
    Can we use Gate cheese? (Gateing infinate solars since 3.0!)
    (In respect to question 1 and ECL) are non-standard races allowed?
    Can we use frenzied beserker/charger cheese?
    Can we use 3.0 material?

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kizara View Post
    Some questions:

Maximum allowed level?
    Maximum allowed number of characters?
    Do you have to get effective control over all 9 layers of hell (impossible with a small force of heros) or just kill asmodeous and/or the other lords of the 9?

Can we use Epic Cheese of Auto-Win?
    Can we use artificer cheese?
    Can we use Gate cheese? (Gateing infinate solars since 3.0!)
    (In respect to question 1 and ECL) are non-standard races allowed?
    Can we use frenzied beserker/charger cheese?
    Can we use 3.0 material?
    1)Max level: 25.
    2)Max PCs: 4.
    3) You decide.
    4) I'd prefer if you didn't.
    5) Ditto.
    6) Ditto.
    7) Permitted races listed in the restrictions.
    8) I'd prefer if you didn't, but I'm unfamiliar with how broken this one is, so...
    9) 3.5 Only.

Please read the restrictions carefully! Many of these questions have already been answered in the restrictions.
    Last edited by 13_CBS; 2007-07-01 at 06:34 PM.

11. - Top - End - #11

This is ridiculously easy.

Epic Spellcasting Wins, now.

Quite simple.

What's each Devil Lord's Spell Resistance, and what is his fortitude saving throw? It doesn't really matter what it is. Take the fortitude bonus he gets, and every point of spell resistance, plus 20. You have that? Good. Now, summon that many Solars divided by five by the Gate spell and explain your quest. If you can't cast enough gates that day, then wait until the next day, and cast more. You can even buy scrolls of gate, as long as you have at least 270,000 gp left Ask them to help you cast a spell to destory the Nine Hells. Now, cast an Epic spell, Kill, focused on the first demon lord. He can't save against it, since you've made sure you automatically penetrate their spell resistance, and the fortitude save is too high for him. Rinse and repeat, summoning more solars or expending extra time or money to lower the Dc if the Demon Lord has a higher SR or Fort Save.

Edit: Wow FOUR Pc's? Sweet, that makes the time it takes to kill them all 1/4th as long.'
    Last edited by TheLogman; 2007-07-01 at 06:39 PM.
    Thanks a TON to Almighty Salmon for the Amazing Log Man!

The Legend of TheLogMan

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

I think I saw somewhere some guy researching epic spell that summons a solar, PERMANENT. So summon yourself a legion and send them and go make yourself a lunch or popcorn.
    Its nice to be important but its more important to be nice

Many thanks to The Randomizer for awesome avatar

13. - Top - End - #13
    Troll in the Playground

Again, you may use Epic spellcasting if you wish, but Id really like it if someone devised an epic, lead-the-forces-of-good-against-evil sort of thing rather than use the Win Button...

14. - Top - End - #14

I think the plan would be something along the lines of making a deal with 5 of the archdevils to off the other four... then cutting a deal with 3 of the remaining to wipe out the other 2. Then 2 on 1 and half way through that battle you turn on all three and wipe them out when they are weak.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Firbolg in the Playground

Planetar

I think a better way to phrase it would be: "The winner of the contest is the one who comes up with the plan that would be least likely to be vetoed or banned by a DM."

- Saph

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ettin in the Playground

Its simple.

It doesn't happen.

Whatever plan you think up, Big A has thought it first.

Whatever futile artifact or build you'll try, he has a specific and definitly fatal reply to it.

In the Nine Hells, you don't conquer, it conquers you.*

*This post should only be taken semi-seriously for the purpose of this thread. It's meant as a joke with only one absolute truth lurking behind...it's probably true. If there was ever an original Batman in D&D, it IS Asmodeus.

Also...No..Baator does not have a moon. Or nine of them since theres nine different layers for those planning to crash a moon.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saph View Post
    I think a better way to phrase it would be: "The winner of the contest is the one who comes up with the plan that would be least likely to be vetoed or banned by a DM."

- Saph
    I might post that, but then I'm afraid that this might devolve into "A "sane" DM would do this" sort of arguement...

18. - Top - End - #18

13_CBS: We in the Gaming forums are an awfully efficient lot. It looks like (if you want some Epic that isn't followed by Cheese, Diplomacy, or Spellcasting) you would have better luck actually starting a game in the PBP Games forums.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

1. [race] Wizard 21.
    2. Take the feat "Epic Spellcasting"
    3. Make, and cast "Genocide: Devil"
    4. ?????
    5. Profit!
    Epic Spellcasting. It's just that broken.

Edit: Ninjaed by like, 15 minutes and like, thirteen people. Hm.
    Last edited by Ninja Chocobo; 2007-07-01 at 06:48 PM.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Dwarf in the Playground

I ask again, do the nine hells have any moons?

Town-ness

21. - Top - End - #21

They do not.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Inyssius Tor View Post
    13_CBS: We in the Gaming forums are an awfully efficient lot. It looks like (if you want some Epic that isn't followed by Cheese, Diplomacy, or Spellcasting) you would have better luck actually starting a game in the PBP Games forums.
    I might do that, but read the disclaimer: I've never played D&D or any Tabletop before. Ever.

If someone was kind enough to run a game like that here, I'd be more than happy to watch. However, due to my inexperience with this game it's probably better if I player as neither a DM or a player.

23. - Top - End - #23

Oh, it seems that you'd prefer that no Epic Cheese? Well, you know how there's always Wars and stuff in the 9 Hells? Let's make one of these. Find out what different groups are uneasy allies in the current Regime. Choose a Spell-like ability of one of them, blast another one of them with it. Make your party Bard cast the suggestion spells that are impossible to save against using Bard Cheese (It does exist!). Inspire fighting everywhere. Now, step in, disguised using Epic Spellcasting, or more Bard cheese, and conquer the area, getting support from all the demons, use suggestions if necessary. Rinse and Repeat for all the areas.
    Last edited by TheLogman; 2007-07-01 at 06:42 PM.
    Thanks a TON to Almighty Salmon for the Amazing Log Man!

The Legend of TheLogMan

24. - Top - End - #24

"Originally Posted by Tor the Fallen
    Artificer 15

Items: Wands of Ennervation.
    Feats:
    Quicken
    Split Ray
    Twin Spell
    Empower Spell
    Maximize Spell

If you hit, and overcome spell resistance, you're going to drain 40 negative levels, no save."

Oh, 10 more levels? Um... staves of energy drain with epic metamagic feats?

25. - Top - End - #25
    Dwarf in the Playground

Step one: Summon a large amount of air elementals.
    Step two: Get air elementals to lift a single house sized rock with antimagic feild cast on it directly above one of the devil lords' residences.
    Step three: Instruct air elementals to drop rock.
    Step four: Laugh at crushed devil lord.
    Step five: Repeat 8 times.

Town-ness

26. - Top - End - #26

Quote Originally Posted by thehothead View Post
    Step two: Get air elementals to lift a single house sized rock with antimagic feild cast on it directly above one of the devil lords' residences.
    Your anti-magic rock supresses the air-elementals maybe? That's before you even get it to your gate spell.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ettin in the Playground

2. Get air elementals to lift a single house sized rock with anitmagic field cast on it and then disappear because they are summoned creatures in an anti-magic field.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Dwarf in the Playground

switch that to ASKING air elementals to help. Problem solved.

Town-ness

29. - Top - End - #29

1: I'm not entirely sure you can summon elementals into the outer planes, since the elementals come from the inner planes, thus like 4 planes removed.
    2: I'm not entirely sure that gravity works the way you think it does in Hell.
    3: Even if you did manage to somehow lift a house sized rock, how can you be so sure, what with teleport at will, that the devil is in fact IN his residence?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Alright, new plan.
    4 people you say?
    Alright. 4 Wizards. Greater Teleport so they're directly next to Asmodeus.
    Quickened Shapechange into Chronotyryns, followed by Maximised Time Stop.
    Each Wizard can then cast 20 Maximised Enervations (10 normal, 10 Quickened), which gives 80 negative levels. Each.
    Then, take his scepter, the Ruby Rod of Asmodeus.
    Now you control Baator. Congratulations.
    Last edited by Ninja Chocobo; 2007-07-01 at 06:54 PM.
    I am the golden shadow. I am the Ninja Chocobo
    My other avatars.
    The rest of my signature.
    Spoiler
    Show