New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Halfling in the Playground
    Default Re: OOTS #354 - The Discussion Thread

YES!!! THOR'S MIGHT RETURNS!!!
    oh, and awesome comic anyway.
    "...quarters! I mean, spells!" hehehe
    Aww... look at the cute little signature!

2. - Top - End - #92
    Pixie in the Playground

SO we've got a webcomic, three books, and aboard game, when's the Julia-vs-Summoned-monsters arcade game coming out then?
    What Haley Said Official Compilation

...(\/) This Is
    =(o.o)= The True
    (")UU(") BUNNY!

3. - Top - End - #93
    Pixie in the Playground

i saw nothing in the SRD about being healed when wildshaping. so i would have to say that a wounded druid that wildshapes is a wounded animal.

copy/paste from SRD:

Wild Shape (Su): At 5th level, a druid gains the ability to turn herself into any Small or Medium animal and back again once per day. Her options for new forms include all creatures with the animal type. This ability functions like the polymorph spell, except as noted here. The effect lasts for 1 hour per druid level, or until she changes back. Changing form (to animal or back) is a standard action and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity.
    The form chosen must be that of an animal the druid is familiar with.
    A druid loses her ability to speak while in animal form because she is limited to the sounds that a normal, untrained animal can make, but she can communicate normally with other animals of the same general grouping as her new form. (The normal sound a wild parrot makes is a squawk, so changing to this form does not permit speech.)
    A druid can use this ability more times per day at 6th, 7th, 10th, 14th, and 18th level, as noted on Table: The Druid. In addition, she gains the ability to take the shape of a Large animal at 8th level, a Tiny animal at 11th level, and a Huge animal at 15th level.
    The new form’s Hit Dice can’t exceed the character’s druid level.
    At 12th level, a druid becomes able to use wild shape to change into a plant creature with the same size restrictions as for animal forms. (A druid can’t use this ability to take the form of a plant that isn’t a creature.)
    At 16th level, a druid becomes able to use wild shape to change into a Small, Medium, or Large elemental (air, earth, fire, or water) once per day. These elemental forms are in addition to her normal wild shape usage. In addition to the normal effects of wild shape, the druid gains all the elemental’s extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities. She also gains the elemental’s feats for as long as she maintains the wild shape, but she retains her own creature type.
    At 18th level, a druid becomes able to assume elemental form twice per day, and at 20th level she can do so three times per day. At 20th level, a druid may use this wild shape ability to change into a Huge elemental.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ratkiller
    i saw nothing in the SRD about being healed when wildshaping. so i would have to say that a wounded druid that wildshapes is a wounded animal.

copy/paste from SRD:

Wild Shape (Su): At 5th level, a druid gains the ability to turn herself into any Small or Medium animal and back again once per day. Her options for new forms include all creatures with the animal type. This ability functions like the polymorph spell, except as noted here. The effect lasts for 1 hour per druid level, or until she changes back. Changing form (to animal or back) is a standard action and doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity.
    The form chosen must be that of an animal the druid is familiar with.
    A druid loses her ability to speak while in animal form because she is limited to the sounds that a normal, untrained animal can make, but she can communicate normally with other animals of the same general grouping as her new form. (The normal sound a wild parrot makes is a squawk, so changing to this form does not permit speech.)
    A druid can use this ability more times per day at 6th, 7th, 10th, 14th, and 18th level, as noted on Table: The Druid. In addition, she gains the ability to take the shape of a Large animal at 8th level, a Tiny animal at 11th level, and a Huge animal at 15th level.
    The new form’s Hit Dice can’t exceed the character’s druid level.
    At 12th level, a druid becomes able to use wild shape to change into a plant creature with the same size restrictions as for animal forms. (A druid can’t use this ability to take the form of a plant that isn’t a creature.)
    At 16th level, a druid becomes able to use wild shape to change into a Small, Medium, or Large elemental (air, earth, fire, or water) once per day. These elemental forms are in addition to her normal wild shape usage. In addition to the normal effects of wild shape, the druid gains all the elemental’s extraordinary, supernatural, and spell-like abilities. She also gains the elemental’s feats for as long as she maintains the wild shape, but she retains her own creature type.
    At 18th level, a druid becomes able to assume elemental form twice per day, and at 20th level she can do so three times per day. At 20th level, a druid may use this wild shape ability to change into a Huge elemental.
    They regain HP as if they had rested for a night.

5. - Top - End - #95

Note the "like the polymorph spell" phrase. That is the spell that heals you a night's worth of hp.

The 3.x books in so many ways require you to look up the results of an effect that is only mentioned in passing. "Web causes the subject to become entangled". Ok... what's entangled mean? Oh - it's in the glossary!

6. - Top - End - #96

Quote Originally Posted by Aerysil
    Note the "like the polymorph spell" phrase. That is the spell that heals you a night's worth of hp.

The 3.x books in so many ways require you to look up the results of an effect that is only mentioned in passing. "Web causes the subject to become entangled". Ok... what's entangled mean? Oh - it's in the glossary!
    The SRD has it in the section on wild shape...

7. - Top - End - #97

I love it when the Giant throws a bit of nostalgia in (am I dating myself as well? :o).
    \"I reject your reality, and substitute my own.\"&&--Adam Savage, \"MythBusters\"&&&&\"Old Macdonald was dyslexic, O-I-E-I-E\"

8. - Top - End - #98
    Pixie in the Playground

All fun and games... BUT WHERE IS ELAN!?
    Estis servatus etsi estis obscenus

9. - Top - End - #99

Quote Originally Posted by Kruul
    All fun and games... BUT WHERE IS ELAN!?
    In a body bag?

10. - Top - End - #100
    Pixie in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Now for some real druid smackdown dwarf style! 8)

11. - Top - End - #101

Yay! Arcade games! :D

12. - Top - End - #102
    Barbarian in the Playground

Zombie

Really only one joke. didn't do much for me. sorry. 6/10.
    Ceika is amazing, because she made my Yuna avie. Yay Ceika!

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theKOT
    Eh, it just felt a bit linear. I enjoyed it, but almost every good strip has its shortcomings. Don't look at it as us being impossible to please, look at is as us trying to be objective.
    How do you know you have played too many computer games? When you start thinking that books are "too linear."

edit: Woot! Last page! (so far)
    Illimir orc monk avatar by yours, truly. He seems to be looking for his cigarettes.

14. - Top - End - #104
    Dwarf in the Playground

1 spell, 2 magic missiles.
    Hoolia is out of spells because she spends them all on "alter self to make my ta-tas look bigger" every morning ;)

Haar

p.s. Check out my pirate build coming tonight.
    Though Vaarsuvius crushed me in the past, I will rise from the ashes to haunt your Latin Textbooks.

No more Miko!

Proud Founder of the "I was never fooled by Miko and her capacity for evil and all you people who were scare the pants off of me" Club

"I was going to use the gates to harness the Snarl for myself, but I've just finished researching the epic spell I like to call 'Disintegrate Earth,' and I figured that'd expedite things." -- Mewtarthio

15. - Top - End - #105
    Pixie in the Playground

Just to clear up the Magic Missile thang. It's 1 missile +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5). She either cast 3 level 1 MM's or 2 level 2 one's (you don't see the effects too well in the first instance and she definitely fires 2 in the 2nd instance)

Lovin this story arc btw ;D GO DURKON!! Druids rock but Clerics are teh l33t3st
    Things I'm not allowed to do while gaming:

64. My paladin's battle cry is not "Good for the Good God"

81. A picture of my ex-wife is not an acceptable backup weapon.

88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.

108. No, I do not get XP for every single crewman on that Star Destroyer.

16. - Top - End - #106
    Orc in the Playground

The OOTS certainly don't know V's actual gender, if ze even has one. Roy, Durkon and Haley don't care, Elan thinks V is a camel and Belkar is trying to find "it" out all the time.

I'm predicting a culmination of all ongoing battles in the next strip.

Roy vs Sabine
    Belkar vs Yokyok
    Durkon vs Leeky
    Haley vs "Kitty"
    V vs Unconsciousness
    CPPD vs Bugs
    Julia vs Pompey?

Retro Kerrigan from SC1. Sorry, I don't remember which forum user made this picture for me.

17. - Top - End - #107
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Rosh
    Just to clear up the Magic Missile thang. It's 1 missile +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5). She either cast 3 level 1 MM's or 2 level 2 one's (you don't see the effects too well in the first instance and she definitely fires 2 in the 2nd instance)
    That 1 missile plus 1 per 2 levels above 1st applies to a _single_ casting of the spell... so a single casting by a 3rd or higher level wizard produces multiple missiles, which can can be directed as desired to each target a single opponent (they can also be combined so that more than one missle affects a single target). While a spellcaster can always cast any spell at a lower power than their actual level (to a minimum of the minimum level required to cast the spell), it does not change the actual level of the spell, and therefore does not change how many times it can potentially be cast in one day.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm pretty sure Haley know V gender. She knew V before everyone else in the group and she also knew V was married but she just dont realize that everyone else dont know V gender so she never talk about it.
    In memory of lord Shojo

19. - Top - End - #109
    Troll in the Playground

Centipede!! :D That was awesome.. heheh

(╯'□')╯︵ ┻━┻
    Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You're still in the fire. Why are you in the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. Get outa the fire. You died.

20. - Top - End - #110

GnomeWizardGuy

What happened to the SWAT team in this one?
    Real wizards use staves

21. - Top - End - #111
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

You are soooooo young.

I have been told on may occasions that I am juvenile.

Juvenile means young, so that's good, Right????

Quote Originally Posted by Dhavaer
    What arcade game is Julia referencing?

22. - Top - End - #112

PirateGuy

Aaaaahhhhh Centipede..... bad graphics, poor user interface, hypnotic distorted warbled rythmic sound.... video games were so much better when they used mind tricks to take your quarters instead of scantily clad women fighting or playing volleyball and jiggling around.....
    What is this? Corn?? What kind of a dragon eats corn?!?

23. - Top - End - #113
    Dwarf in the Playground

Hey Filly!
    Watch for the pirate build 2nite.

Anyway

Julia is missing her belt in panel 10 (out of quarters. . .).

Haar
    Though Vaarsuvius crushed me in the past, I will rise from the ashes to haunt your Latin Textbooks.

No more Miko!

Proud Founder of the "I was never fooled by Miko and her capacity for evil and all you people who were scare the pants off of me" Club

"I was going to use the gates to harness the Snarl for myself, but I've just finished researching the epic spell I like to call 'Disintegrate Earth,' and I figured that'd expedite things." -- Mewtarthio

24. - Top - End - #114
    Orc in the Playground

(I love the sig line! ;D )
    The member of the Australian Society for the Encouragement and Propagation of Beards. - Custom avatar by Moonsinger. Technical assistance by Quasimodo.

25. - Top - End - #115

Quote Originally Posted by battleburn
    So what about duration. Durkon can't stay in this form forever...
    Duration is 1 round/level. Assuming Durkon at 12th or 13th level, which seems to be the current best guess, that's 12 or 13 rounds.

When's the last time you were in combat for 12 or 13 rounds?
    If you can read this you are too close.

26. - Top - End - #116

DruidGuy

Great Centipede reference. I remember when I used to play that game in college. Go Durkon with Thor's Might!

27. - Top - End - #117
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

julia has a good point. any druid players or have you seen a druid without that feat, i sure haven't.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

28. - Top - End - #118

Quote Originally Posted by Haarculaneaum

Julia is missing her belt in panel 10 (out of quarters. . .).
    It fell off while she was running.
    Proud dictator of the miko fan club
    If you wanna be cool and join the Miko Fan Club,
    just put Miko in your sig and make up a position!
    Ambitious lieutenant of the Miko Mafia
    nuclear physicist of the Hinjo fan club

29. - Top - End - #119
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by theKOT
    It fell off while she was running.
    More than possible, but how much you wanna bet it mysteriously reappears in the next strip? ;)
    Hiding the little one away so he doesn't get hurt...
    Belkar is Chaotic Evil because the Giant says so. Deal with it.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Pixie in the Playground

I've always liked playing Centipede. I have it in a classic arcade games disc for Playstation.
    &&WOOT!!!!! I got a dragon!!&&&&So help me if you make me sail a ship made of hobgoblin corpses across the ocean I will find a way to make you pay.&&-Redcloak