New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: Ducktales (2017)

The other money bin just aired.

I absolutely loved the "ugh, I'm bored" look from Lena as soon as Webby started her slide-show presentation (there is something worse than powerpoint :-).

Spoiler
    Show

I was surprised to see that Magica can move around, without needing a light source to shine to move her shadow around. Being able to run down the hallway and hide behind a small shrubbery?

And, so much for "Pretty Pretty Unicorn", that thing is far more what you'd expect from a magical wild creature with a weapon.

Given that adjacent doors had sequential numbers, it's very unlikely that they were date dependent.

Meanwhile, I loved the similarity in the A/B plots. The whole "I'm running a big lie" / "If you tell, I'll hurt your family".

Eaten by the Dragon? ...

Meanwhile, I love how Lena is now clearly a "wants to be good" girl. It's also very clear that as much as Magica is a shadow, she's less dependent on light to cast her than I thought.
    Not "fire at". I never used the word "at"
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

2. - Top - End - #482

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Okay, after this episode I am completely done with Mark Beaks. They've also made a convincing case for just lobotomizing Gyro to make sure he stops building stuff designed to go rogue and explode.
    No, it's not just that it's designed to go rogue and explode. Clearly, he's taken an inspiration from another TV super hero, and is trying to make sure that there are self destruct mechanisms to prevent the wrong people from getting control of his devices.

Quote Originally Posted by JadedDM View Post
    Spoiler: S1E17 - From the Confidential Casefiles of Agent 22
    Show

Oh, and I loved the Gummi Bear references. The berries, the juice, the sound effect that the juice makes when you drink it and when it wears off, the reference to the theme song, namedropping Dunwyn Castle...heck, they even got the recipe for the juice right (but left out the proper stirring technique)!
    Some of us have never seen the Gummi Bear comics/shows, would never have guessed that this recipe came from that, and would not even have known of these shout-outs if it were not for old posts like these few.

EDIT: Woo-oo! Dish's on-demand library has been updated with all 6 of these final season 1 / start of season 2 episodes in better quality than I get trying to watch the over-the-air recordings.

EDIT 2: Webby is even more unnerving in "Case files" when the quality is good :-)

EDIT 3: Hey, in "Other Bin", next to Webby's projector screen, is what looks like a Webby Doll.
    Last edited by keybounce; 2018-10-03 at 06:08 PM.
    GENERATION ω+1: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment. Remember, ω + 1 comes after ω.

3. - Top - End - #483

BlackDragon

So in Last Crash, Launchpad has *videotapes* of Darkwing Duck.

He even says that the tape has gotten messed up.

===

Family castle: Webby on overload was just great. Can you imagine if she was actually able to ask questions?

===

Anyone wondering how those sky pirates could operate without things like explosive decompression, no oxygen tubes falling from the roof in case of pressure drop, just how the bodies will react to giant open cargo doors at altitude, etc?

===

Where is the giant dragon that we see in the opening sequence?

===

Money counter: Tony Givaway
    Tester: Rambo
    Light switcher
    Label Application
    Mimeograph operator
    ... these are great credits :-)

Ink well custodian
    Carbon Copy manager
    Time handler
    Eraser
    Page Flipper

Graphic Blandisher
    Cell Mopper
    Peg Hole Reinforcer: Archibald Trunk
    Pencil Sharpener
    Frame Counter: Juan Monticristo (The count of Monticristo?)

EDIT: PLEASE tell me that "last crash" is not supposed to be the season ender. I mean, sure, it makes a great place to end the season, but it's a real downer of an ending.
    Last edited by keybounce; 2018-10-03 at 08:44 PM.

4. - Top - End - #484

That's the gold-eating dragon from the first episode.

If you look in the credits of most Disney animated movies, they'll have a specific entry for "Caffeination". Because keeping the animators tanked up on java juice is a task worthy of recognition.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by keybounce View Post
    EDIT: PLEASE tell me that "last crash" is not supposed to be the season ender. I mean, sure, it makes a great place to end the season, but it's a real downer of an ending.
    It's not the season finale, no. There's one more to go (well, it's a two-parter).

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ettin in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

There was a lot of debate about whether the episodes were shown out of order or not when the Last Crash came out. They weren't. The finale uses the end of the episode as a setup for the finale. The two part finale is one heck of a good one.
    Spoiler: My inventory:
    Show

1 Sentient Sword
    1 Jammy Dodger (I was promised tea)
    1 Godwin Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairos Theodosian
    It appears someone will have to saddle my goat, for we now must ride out in glorious battle.

7. - Top - End - #487

BlackDragon

Looks like disney channel airs that on sunday then ... it's not on Dish's on-demand library, drats.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Anyone wondering how those sky pirates could operate without things like explosive decompression, no oxygen tubes falling from the roof in case of pressure drop, just how the bodies will react to giant open cargo doors at altitude, etc?
    Because they aren't flying at 40,000 feet? You did notice that their fighters are open cockpit biplanes, right? Flying boats, like the PBY Catalina that the Sunchaser is based on, didn't routinely fly at altitudes where you needed oxygen. And if they did, the crew would be wearing masks, since they weren't pressurized.
    'F' is the fire that rains from the Sky
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!
    'N' is for No Survivors...

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

I found it weird people where talking about the late season as if it was just currently airing and behind and then I saw this.

Disney Channel is repeating the last episodes of the season starting next week. If you missed the ending (as I did) the first time around, set your VCR to tape them now.
    I just want to verify we didn't take a time warp and we're talking about the original series...which aired at a time when things like VCR existed
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

10. - Top - End - #490

BlackDragon

Someone finally noticed!

11. - Top - End - #491

BlackDragon

So part 1, not "crash", was this morning.

Which Disney Afternoon show was in Cape Suzette?

EDIT: How is she manipulating the vial in shadow form, without a body? And can't Scrooge hear Lena shouting, or her monologing?
    Last edited by keybounce; 2018-10-06 at 12:20 PM.

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

Which Disney Afternoon show was in Cape Suzette?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickford View Post
    I don't understand your point. Why does it matter what I said?

13. - Top - End - #493

EDIT: How is she manipulating the vial in shadow form, without a body?
    Magic.

14. - Top - End - #494

BlackDragon

So, did any one else notice that when they put the voice box translator into Donald, so you could understand him, his voice does match his mouth, like a bad english dub?

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

So, did any one else notice that when they put the voice box translator into Donald, so you could understand him, his voice does match his mouth, like a bad english dub?
    Who cares? It was still awesome and barely noticeable since its talking ducks LOL

Now I wanna see a second season! Was there a second season announced?

Ok, I have no idea about how its going to go for next season BUT... I hope Della Duck prove to be a thrillseeker who was scared of parenthood. Like, she was scared to be unable to do adventure and get adrenaline rush from now on as a parent. That's why she climbed in that rocket, in hope for one last adrenaline rush before "settling down in the depressing life of being a parent".

That would be a good twist on Della Duck and make some drama for the show LOL!

And of course, who is the triplets father... that was never adressed.

16. - Top - End - #496

BlackDragon

Still, at least we know that they are egg-hatched and not live birth, right?

17. - Top - End - #497
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Still, at least we know that they are egg-hatched and not live birth, right?
    Yeah but that doesnt tell us who the dad is or why she still wanted to adventure AND have kids. Babies arent exactly useful in a adventure LOL!

18. - Top - End - #498

The second season starts in a couple weeks. Check your local listings and pray to the deity of your choice that they aren't scrambling episodes again.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ettin in the Playground

New Content that previews the next season.

Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

20. - Top - End - #500

BlackDragon

I saw it!

Am I actually the first to have posted about seeing an episode?

Spoiler
    Show

Let's further differentiate the triplets. Good, actually.
    Launchpad continues his ability to crash anything, even something that can't be flown or crashed normally.
    And we have some character development on one of the triplets.

21. - Top - End - #501

So, not only did they show episode nine before episodes 1-8, they flagged it as a repeat so the DVRs won't record it. Boy does Disney need new management.

Somehow fitting to show that Scrooge has to crush all opposition, even when it's a board game.

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

For all that I know that it's probably the least problematic way to handle it (... it's a kids show after all), I can't help but feel that series is pushing Webby being the non-blood-related quadruplet to the triplets a tad too aggressively

23. - Top - End - #503
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    For all that I know that it's probably the least problematic way to handle it (... it's a kids show after all), I can't help but feel that series is pushing Webby being the non-blood-related quadruplet to the triplets a tad too aggressively
    Remember in the climax of last season, he told her she wasnt family?

Let him have his redemptition moment about it lol!

24. - Top - End - #504
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sian View Post
    Tomorrow, Tomorrow, / I love ya tomorrow / You're always a day...... a........ way...........!
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

25. - Top - End - #505
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Like, she was scared to be unable to do adventure and get adrenaline rush from now on as a parent. That's why she climbed in that rocket, in hope for one last adrenaline rush before "settling down in the depressing life of being a parent".

That would be a good twist on Della Duck and make some drama for the show LOL!

And of course, who is the triplets father... that was never adressed.
    Whether Della saw her adventuring days as numbered, or didn’t expect parenting to change anything, she is an adventurer at heart and as everyone describes her. This would be a source of tension only if you anticipate her actually joining the cast in the show. That’s not happening anytime soon.

The triplets father is never revealed in the comics and is to date undetermined. It’s likely to remain that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Remember in the climax of last season, he told her she wasnt family?

Let him have his redemptition moment about it lol!
    Actually, it wasn’t scrooges spiel about family that triggered me, rather webby and dewey acting like they were the triplets in the ‘86 series, being extremely in synch outside the ‘joke’ about them sucking at charades
    Last edited by Sian; 2018-10-22 at 08:08 AM.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

So, is this going to be Launchpad's thing now? He goes off on mysterious exotic adventures with ex-girlfriends while everybody else is on the main adventure?
    'F' is the fire that rains from the Sky
    'U' for Uranium, BOMB!
    'N' is for No Survivors...

28. - Top - End - #508

BlackDragon

I wanted to see LP's thing.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

I wanted to see LP's thing.
    We ALL wanted to see it!

EDIT: I dont mean the episode was bad though, it had a nice moral about being weird is ok. I just wish we could have seeing all Launchpad adventure. Such teases aren't welcome, especially since that episode where Launchpad become a spy in the original Ducktales was one of the fan favorites.
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-10-28 at 11:12 AM.

30. - Top - End - #510

I suspect a more Launchpad-centric episode is probably coming down the pipe, these teases are just building up some hype for him being an action hero in his own right.

Birds of a feather flock together and all that.