New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more

Thread: ToB question

1. - Top - End - #1
    Troll in the Playground

PirateCaptain

Default ToB question

Hail wise gurus of gaming. I have a question for you all. Can a martial adept prepare 2 or 3 times (or more) the same maneuvers? I just reread the rules, and while I may have overlooked something, I'm inclined to think so, but I,m not sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenflame133 View Post
    So what do you think? What is best use for Signatures?
    To curate my brilliance and wit, of course. Any other use is a waste.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: ToB question

Quote Originally Posted by thorgrim29 View Post
    Hail wise gurus of gaming. I have a question for you all. Can a martial adept prepare 2 or 3 times (or more) the same maneuvers? I just reread the rules, and while I may have overlooked something, I'm inclined to think so, but I,m not sure.
    Yea, I cant find anything about this either. Nice you bring it up, this way I will know it as well.
    Your Personal Undead

Other Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

by dr. bathand, Kpenguin and Fay Graydon

You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    -C. S. Lewis

3. - Top - End - #3
    Banned

Nope, they're not like spells. Either you're ready to use a maneuver or you aren't; you can't be triple-ready.

That is, each maneuver can only be readied once. This is the case even if you have two or three Martial Adept classes; a Crusader 1/Warblade 1/Swordsage 1 could only ready, say, Stone Bones once--she could ready it for any of the classes (since they all have Stone Dragon access), but once that's done she couldn't ready it for another one.

4. - Top - End - #4

^ what she said. Imagine from the balance angle if you were to make your whole attack routine for every round the same pair of boost/9th level strike. Not only would it be too much awesome, but it'd get dull fast.
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Innis Cabal View Post
    Toho has retroactive powers of awesome. He makes things that he hasn't done, and have already happened, better by his existence
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganurath View Post
    If anything, the term should be What Would Toho Do?
    Of course, in all situations the answer is Be A Badass.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ogre in the Playground

This question is in the ask wizards section somewhere AFAIR. The answer was no, can't be done.

6. - Top - End - #6

NinjaGuy

To reiterate what everyone else is saying, no. You can only have each maneuver readied once.

To add on though, in hopes of getting to the root of your question:

I'm guessing you ask this because you want to use the same maneuver twice in one encounter. The best way to do this is the Swift Recovery feat from ToB, lets you recover a single maneuver as a Swift Action, which means in many cases you can use the same maneuver in consecutive rounds. Another trick is (for swordsages or non-martial adepts with Martial Study) to take the Adaptive Style feat. By taking a full-round action to meditate, you can change all of your readied maneuvers; this means that you can simply choose to ready the same ones and you can use them again starting the next round.