Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Legends of the Living Storm: The Three Beacons (OOC)

Hi, guys! Your loyal DM here. As requested, here's the OOC thread! Now let's get down to brass tacks.

For now, don't worry about talking to each other more than a couple remarks - the guards will, once all of you have posted, open the gates and lead you somewhere you guys can actually chat and establish how well you guys know each others' stories.
    Spoiler: A bouncy Svirfneblin mystic in scale mail, with a mace? Yeah, as if.
    Show
    Spoiler: Legends of the Living Storm: The Three Beacons
    Show

Spoiler: The Ilithid's Nightmare
    Show
    IC ~ OoC ~ Artemyst

2. - Top - End - #2
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Legends of the Living Storm: The Three Beacons (OOC)

Dwilla will talk in Boldenrod.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Professor Gnoll!
    Show

Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Cdr. Fallout!
    Show

3. - Top - End - #3
    Bugbear in the Playground

BardGuy

Reed Bywater will speak in Teal.
    Super excited!
    Last edited by Minescratcher; 2017-04-23 at 10:57 AM.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature.

Commonwealth of Zara in Empire! 5
    Ti Linnad in Empire! 4

Spoiler: My PbP
    Show
    Games I play

4. - Top - End - #4
    Orc in the Playground

Spoiler: Aéquitas
    Show

Awesome here we go :)

I will be taking Light Blue this time.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Orc in the Playground

So much excitemeeent!

Whisper will talk in Dim Grey.

Edit: *squints* Do we know who will arrive at the palace gates or is it a strange coincidence that everyone knows Whisper on sight? I didn't get the memo
    Last edited by Daevah; 2017-04-23 at 12:57 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

Well seeing as we are sort of famous I figured we all at least recognised eachother. Either from meeting eachother, drawings or a description from the stories told about us. 😄

And a Half Drow with braids, a burn scar above the ear and a crooked grin how many of those are around? 😉
    Last edited by Aéquitas; 2017-04-23 at 01:07 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

That is very true, I'm gonna be Miss-Obvious until names fall and then it's all "Oh my gosh, it's you people?!" with fangirl eyes

8. - Top - End - #8
    Orc in the Playground

On the other hand you do have your hood lowered so maybe it was actually a bit hard to see it was you sorry!

9. - Top - End - #9

Sarlus will speak in Saddle brown.

As a note, if you're ever waiting to move me along, feel free to puppet me. I plan on posting daily (at least once!) but I'd be happier knowing I won't hold things up if something comes up and I make you wait for a few hours.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aside from adding all the spell descriptions - a daunting task! - I think Orden's sheet is ready. Please let me know if there are any errors!

Also, I was waiting for a link to the IC thread and it didn't occur to me to just go look for it. :P

If we're doing text colors, I suppose Orden will speak in fire brick!

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by technoRomancer View Post
    Aside from adding all the spell descriptions - a daunting task! - I think Orden's sheet is ready. Please let me know if there are any errors!

Also, I was waiting for a link to the IC thread and it didn't occur to me to just go look for it. :P

If we're doing text colors, I suppose Orden will speak in fire brick!
    Funny, that's exactly what I did. I didn't want to say anything because I didn't want to be the only dummy who missed the IC link.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

You know what, I'm going the nearly completely blank knowledge route. It works with Whisper being too removed from everything outside the Underdark to know anything but tidbits. Much more fun to find out this way! I think she might have heard of whatever Sarlus did though, if maybe not yet that he specifically was involved.

Also, to forego more confusion, I'm adding a note in her description that her face tends to be covered below the nose if she feels out of place

13. - Top - End - #13

Hello, all. I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to this yet, but there are two reasons why I wasn't able to. First, I've been having troubles with my computer, so I've only been able to post with my phone lately. Problem is, I'm not very good with Google Docs on my phone, so I haven't been able to write up the character sheet the way we're supposed to. Second reason is that I never actually got the email you'd meant to send, Monolilith, so I haven't been able to get the background parts figured out.

So, once I've figured those out, I'll have my character sheet posted. Will will try to post IC before that, though, and Silvarel Kaenthe will speak in this.

14. - Top - End - #14

Quote Originally Posted by Sicarius Victis View Post
    Hello, all. I'm sorry I haven't gotten around to this yet, but there are two reasons why I wasn't able to. First, I've been having troubles with my computer, so I've only been able to post with my phone lately. Problem is, I'm not very good with Google Docs on my phone, so I haven't been able to write up the character sheet the way we're supposed to. Second reason is that I never actually got the email you'd meant to send, Monolilith, so I haven't been able to get the background parts figured out.

So, once I've figured those out, I'll have my character sheet posted. Will will try to post IC before that, though, and Silvarel Kaenthe will speak in this.
    Yikes! Really? If you need to use Mythweavers, you can, I understand. Google Docs is a real... meanie on phones.

I'll resend the email. Hope it goes through!
    Show
    Show

Show
    IC ~ OoC ~ Artemyst

15. - Top - End - #15

Quote Originally Posted by Monolilith View Post
    Yikes! Really? If you need to use Mythweavers, you can, I understand. Google Docs is a real... meanie on phones.

I'll resend the email. Hope it goes through!
    Alright, if Mythweavers works I'll get started on one soon. The character in general is almost complete, I just need to finish a few more things.

And I got the email this time, so thank you.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

I don't want to sound too impatient, but uhm... this is still on, right? Just checking.

17. - Top - End - #17

Quote Originally Posted by Daevah View Post
    I don't want to sound too impatient, but uhm... this is still on, right? Just checking.
    My impression is that we are still waiting on Sicarius. We can make small talk in the meantime.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Yeah, I didn't want to leave Sicarius in the dust, so I've been waiting for them to enter the scene. I know I always feel a little put out whenever a new game really takes off before I can start posting. Granted that's usually just like, a day of super eager players posting three pages of conversation while I'm asleep. But still. :P

If we're worried about losing momentum, I'll keep Orden in the small talk for the meantime.

EDIT:Heh, nevermind! XD
    Last edited by technoRomancer; 2017-04-26 at 07:42 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

Sorry about that. I've posted now, so that's that. I'm trying to post more punctually, I just got distracted.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Orc in the Playground

Sorry for the stressing! I was just worried that this dies before it could take off, especially after looking so forward to it! I totally didn't want to leave Sicarius behind, that' why I asked. But all is good then

21. - Top - End - #21

Apologies for the slight delay in posting again, folks! I was, like... superbly sick. Incredibly sick. I am still sick. Please end my suffering.

But the Lady of Light will grace y'alls with her presence shortly! And then the fun begins. Hope you all like overelaborate descriptions.
    Show
    Show

Show
    IC ~ OoC ~ Artemyst

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Love it. Thats what I love about the group we have as well. Everyone putting a lot of effort in their posts and really making it a story instead of some hack and slash.
    Would be cool to have some room for small talk every now and then with eachother in the future as well.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

Are you kidding? I live for overelaboration. Bring it on!

Also, hope you feel better soon, dude. Been struggling with an almost-sort-of-cold myself that my immune system barely seems to be managing to fight off. Like, I feel drained like I've been sick but symptoms are minimal. It's weird.

24. - Top - End - #24

While I'm often not comfortable enough to do it myself, I as well rather enjoy elaborate exposition like this. It makes things interesting.

Also, I'm really starting to feel good about this game. I haven't started off a game with a roll as good as my Arcana one in years.

25. - Top - End - #25

I'm really eager to get done with work. I will be able to post in about three hours.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Orc in the Playground

I'm so okay with the elaboration. It really gets me into the scene and the atmosphere, it's great. As a Critical Role fan, I just imagine Matt Mercer describing the scene, heh (the high noon had me chuckle). I love that we all put much thought into the posting too, feels like some nice investment!
    And get better soon, everyone!

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heh. The phrase "all ears" always has different connotations for me when dealing with elves. :P

28. - Top - End - #28

I feel like I should mention this, by the way, since I'm not sure when or if it'll come up but it seems like something everyone would know, since Kirinen likes to tell raunchy jokes and often references it? The High Star is a lesbian! She likes girls. Don't get too excited, though, she has a canonical love interest that I'm not wavering from - and this romance is hardly the focus of the Three Beacons campaign, and you'll only really have time to get interesting with each other if that's a route you want to explore. Food for thought!
    Show
    Show

Show
    IC ~ OoC ~ Artemyst

29. - Top - End - #29

Quote Originally Posted by Monolilith View Post
    I feel like I should mention this, by the way, since I'm not sure when or if it'll come up but it seems like something everyone would know, since Kirinen likes to tell raunchy jokes and often references it? The High Star is a lesbian! She likes girls. Don't get too excited, though, she has a canonical love interest that I'm not wavering from - and this romance is hardly the focus of the Three Beacons campaign, and you'll only really have time to get interesting with each other if that's a route you want to explore. Food for thought!
    Don't have to tell me twice.

Or even once, I suppose. I was already thinking about all of that. Not even deliberately, either; it's basically just instinct for me at this point.

Also, I hadn't noticed that this background system only gave one skill proficiency. So if what I'd mentioned in my latest email is alright, I'd drop the Survival proficiency and just go with Nature.
    Last edited by Sicarius Victis; 2017-04-28 at 02:54 PM.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Orc in the Playground

I'm cool with whatever, Whisper is too. She certainly cares little about gender, though if Kirinen is as raunchy as everyone says she is, I think Whisper might be more of the 'sit back and be amused sort' until she's the center of attention, heh.

And thanks for the update on Drow culture, that makes things clearer!