Support the GITP forums on Patreon
Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Default OOC A Second Chance

This is the OOC Thread for A Second Chance.
    So, before we start we have to settle a few things.
    Please answer relevant OOC questions in this thread and IC questions via PM.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

1. What you expect from the game?
    2. Is there anything you do not want to see in the game? I do not want to see any kind of rape in my game.
    3. Is there any house rule you really want to have or a rule you really don't like?
    4. If anything is unclear, please tell me. I am not a native english speaker, some things might be written wrong or confusing.
    5. I will sometimes change some things from the rules. I try to be consistant, but sometimes creativity demands to change minor things. It also keeps the game interesting if you don't see the same things you see in every game.
    6. I might not always do all rolls with the forum inbuilt diceroller tool. Mostly when I am on my phone, as I have a nice diceroller app and it takes so much less time than wirte the query :) I am sorry for that and I hope you trust me there.
    7. I also like to know form which timezone you are (you can also answer that by PM, I do not want to know where you live, but I'd like to know what time it is where you are) Here is UTC +1

Spoiler: IC
    Show

1. What motivates your character and what is it he/she despises? Does she/he has any desires?
    2. What kind of equipment do you really want to have if any?
    3. Is your name a memory or just a nickname you gave yourself?

If you have any great Ideas please let me know.

Also I need some help:
    how do you usually do that with uploading larger images? where do you upload them?
    And also I don't see your dice rolls on my phone (for whatever reason). Does anyone of you know this problem?

I will create the IC Thread as soon as I have all the character sheets and the most important questions are answered :)
    Last edited by Clockyard; 2017-11-23 at 03:27 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OOC A Second Chance

What you expect from the game?
    Maybe some interesting themes regarding the value of life, and how it usually accepted as? I dunno, this is really something I'd have to give some more thought.

Is there anything you do not want to see in the game? I do not want to see any kind of rape in my game.
    Aside from the aforementioned sexual assault/rape, I really can't come up with anything that I'm too uncomfortable with? Maybe... I dunno, Racism? at least in excessive amounts?

Is there any house rule you really want to have or a rule you really don't like?
    well, in most games I've been in, the multiclass penalties are usually promptly forgotten about, so maybe that?

If anything is unclear, please tell me. I am not a native english speaker, some things might be written wrong or confusing.
    Will do.

I will sometimes change some things from the rules. I try to be consistant, but sometimes creativity demands to change minor things. It also keeps the game interesting if you don't see the same things you see in every game.

I might not always do all rolls with the forum inbuilt diceroller tool. Mostly when I am on my phone, as I have a nice diceroller app and it takes so much less time than wirte the query :) I am sorry for that and I hope you trust me there.
    I assume these two were less questions, and more heads up.

I also like to know form which timezone you are (you can also answer that by PM, I do not want to know where you live, but I'd like to know what time it is where you are) Here is UTC +1
    UTC +2
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    So please, by Anthony Bourdain's left nut, do not call gravy blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekkin View Post
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Can't say I have any expectations except everyone doing their best to make the game enjoyable. An exploration of each character's past would be cool, since we're all amnesiacs.
    Is there anything you do not want to see in the game?

The aforementioned. Generally, large amounts of cruelty we have no power to stop. I don't really want great detail on the horrors inflicted on people unless we can do something about it. We don't have to fix it immediately or even have the power to immediately, but I don't want to feel powerless to fix problems forever.

Is there any house rule you really want to have or a rule you really don't like?
    Ignoring multiclass penalties, as previously stated. Any other house rules I have no real opinion on. As an aside: I'm not crazy about the optional rules from UA for replacing HP, nor do I like armor as DR.

If anything is unclear, please tell me. I am not a native english speaker, some things might be written wrong or confusing.
    Will do. You've been perfectly understandable so far, I foresee little issue.

I will sometimes change some things from the rules. I try to be consistant, but sometimes creativity demands to change minor things. It also
    keeps the game interesting if you don't see the same things you see in every game.
    I might not always do all rolls with the forum inbuilt diceroller tool. Mostly when I am on my phone, as I have a nice diceroller app and it takes so much less time than wirte the query :) I am sorry for that and I hope you trust me there.

As long as it makes the game more enjoyable, I see no reason to complain. I generally elect to trust my DM until they prove to be untrustworthy. I find things run smoother that way.

I also like to know form which timezone you are (you can also answer that by PM, I do not want to know where you live, but I'd like to know what time it is where you are)

UTC -7. I may be up late, but we're getting towards the end of the semester at my university, so my exact attendance on the forums may get spotty. I'll try to post at least once every two days, so long as that's about the pace everyone keeps up too.

What motivates your character and what is it he/she despises? Does she/he has any desires?

Interested in seeking magical knowledge and power. While not necessarily good, hates to see freedoms trampled upon. Wants to understand the meaning of their last memory and sincerely believes they may have left behind some life full of promising arcane power.
    What kind of equipment do you really want to have if any?

A spellbook!(I mean, yeah, I want one, but I assume that won't be withheld). A ranged weapon my character can use. A spear. If I think of anything else, I'll add it here:
    Is your name a memory or just a nickname you gave yourself?
    Could be a latent memory, but they don't know that yet. They at least think they picked the name because they liked it (I'm thinking my character will be female, but I'm not sure yet.)

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Journeys of discovery. Character development. An interesting story about trials and tribulations and humanity. You know, what makes a good game-- good characters.
    Is there anything you do not want to see in the game?

I don't have moral handgups about any content, but unless it significantly contributes to telling a good story I am against anything too explicit. Does a detailed torture scene plumb the depths of human evil to make a point about a situation? Sure, why not. Is the detailed torture scene just there because 'hurrr, blood, this guy is clearly the bad guy,' then there is no point.

I'm curious about how healing will work since we don't heal naturally. Also what happens on character death?

I will sometimes change some things from the rules. I try to be consistant, but sometimes creativity demands to change minor things. It also
    keeps the game interesting if you don't see the same things you see in every game.

No problems there.

I also like to know form which timezone you are (you can also answer that by PM, I do not want to know where you live, but I'd like to know what time it is where you are)

GMT +3
    I also work full time, so if this game requires daily posting i'll drop now.

What motivates your character and what is it he/she despises? Does she/he has any desires?

Remembering something important, though he isn't quite certain what. It's linked very closely to who he is, or was.

What kind of equipment do you really want to have if any?

A good set of weapons and armor, the guy is a warrior. Also a copy of the Lemegaton, for reason that might make sense when my character remembers anything.
    Is your name a memory or just a nickname you gave yourself?
    It's a memory, and one closely related to how he passed
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

Find out why we're starting as we are and the situation we're in, both immediate and long term. Working as a team at least OOC.

Is there anything you do not want to see in the game? I do not want to see any kind of rape in my game.
    I'm not into full PvP unless it's agreed beforehand. I'm not easily offended.

I agree with the multiclass penalties comment above.
    In some games players are not told about xp gain, just when to level up. I'm open to either method.
    An extra 2 or so skill points per level for everyone would be helpful. I've always felt the numbers given were too low for non-INT characters or non-rogue types.

No problem

I will sometimes change some things from the rules. I try to be consistant, but sometimes creativity demands to change minor things. It also keeps the game interesting if you don't see the same things you see in every game.
    I like that philosophy. If I ask for a clarification and it was based on this kind of change let me know and I won't have an issue with it.

No problem

I also like to know form which timezone you are (you can also answer that by PM, I do not want to know where you live, but I'd like to know what time it is where you are) Here is UTC +1
    I'm UTC -5
    Last edited by Cavir; 2017-11-20 at 10:58 PM.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

Don't know enough about the specifics of the campaign to make a fully informed responce. However I would like to see character development and group cooperation

Besides the afore mentioned rape and other sexual content (keep in mind, a small amount is perfectly fine, I just don't want a ton). Besides that I can't think of anything that I am opposed to seeing [Edit] I just realized that we are undead and that anything sexual is rather taboo

none that I can think of at the moment, If I think of any then I will let you know

If anything is unclear, please tell me. I am not a native english speaker, some things might be written wrong or confusing
    Got it and no worries

I will sometimes change some things from the rules. I try to be constant, but sometimes creativity demands to change minor things. It also keeps the game interesting if you don't see the same things you see in every game.
    100% fine with creativity, thats one of the major interesting factors of this game for me

I might not always do all rolls with the forum inbuilt dice roller tool. Mostly when I am on my phone, as I have a nice dice roller app and it takes so much less time than write the query :) I am sorry for that and I hope you trust me there.
    again thats fine

UTC -5
    Last edited by Baby Gary; 2017-11-20 at 11:35 PM.
    Muad'drin tia dar allende caba'drin rhiadem! Los Valdar Cuebiyari! Los! Carai an Caldazar! Al Caldazar!

Amazing avatar by Linklele

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by The Cats View Post
    Oh wadda you know Gary, you're just a baby.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Yes, but immunity to wizard and resistance to fighter kinda makes up for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by daremetoidareyo View Post
    It's all fun and games until you encounter the roc weremegalodon

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Great.
    That brings me to a following conclusions:

We will play with milestone leveling, so no penalties for cross classing (this is mostly for the reason that I don't want XP to be your motivator)

This game does not require daily posts. But if we are in a combat situation and you are not able to reply within a day, I will descide your characters actions. This is not cruelty, but simply to drive the game onward. If you know you can't answer within time, tell me what your character would do and I'll do it. Out of combat that's less of a problem. We'll just pull your character along with the others. If your are absent for a longer period I'd be glad if you could inform me.

Is that okay?

Then I still need your help on where to upload the images, and the thing with the dicerolls on the phone.
    Also, do you want to use some kind of battlemaps (and how so) or should combat stay narrative?
    Last edited by Clockyard; 2017-11-21 at 11:42 AM.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Milestone leveling works for me.

The post timer for combat is actually a good idea.

now, as far as images goes, you could use imgur for that. As for battle maps. a google drive excel sheet could work. Just for sake of example, here's something I tossed together in about five minutes.
    the only way to get it into space was to build the atmospheric stages on top of it like a 400-ton hat made of fire and structural inadequacy.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by dethkruzer View Post
    now, as far as images goes, you could use imgur for that. As for battle maps. a google drive excel sheet could work. Just for sake of example, here's something I tossed together in about five minutes.
    Perfect thank you. I will go like that

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

When do you think we can start the game?

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

I am sorry it took a moment, I am still waiting for character sheets. I hope by today/tomorrow we should get this going.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

It is done!
    Here is the Link to the IC thread!

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

And just as I was about to set my phone down for the night. I'll have a post done tomorrow. Also realized that I still haven't done my mythweavers sheet. I'll have that done tomorrow as well.

Just one question: I assume that our skeletal forms produce speech via a similar process as a lich. But there's probably nothing there that could be a... What's the word? Stand-in? For breathing?

14. - Top - End - #14
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Just one question: I assume that our skeletal forms produce speech via a similar process as a lich. But there's probably nothing there that could be a... What's the word? Stand-in? For breathing?
    I do not quite understand your question, sorry for that
    And for the speech, it's part of the mysterium. there are for now two possibilities I have in mind on how the speech could work. But you can find that out IC if you wish so.

For everyone who hasn't got a name yet, I'd be happy if you could give something I can call you IC (even if it's just a nickname). Other wise I have to give you one like "bag of bones" or "moving ribcage" ;)

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Put simply: Do we passively produce sound that could be mistaken for breathing?

EDIT: also, how are our senses? I'd think safe to say seeing and hearing are there, but what about smell, taste, and touch?
    Last edited by dethkruzer; 2017-11-23 at 04:30 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Wont be able to post for a few hours, working

17. - Top - End - #17
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Put simply: Do we passively produce sound that could be mistaken for breathing?

EDIT: also, how are our senses? I'd think safe to say seeing and hearing are there, but what about smell, taste, and touch?
    Good questions there.
    You do not breathe, so you make no sound either. You could pretend if you like.
    Your senses remain, except for taste (because you don't have a tongue). But your senses are dull and feel somehow distant.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm probably not wrong in assuming that we should pick speaking colors. If that is the case, I call dibs on turquoise. "Quotation marks for speech." "Italicized quotation marks for thoughts."

19. - Top - End - #19

I pick what ever this is. and Italics for thoughts/thinking
    Last edited by Baby Gary; 2017-11-24 at 08:14 AM.
    Muad'drin tia dar allende caba'drin rhiadem! Los Valdar Cuebiyari! Los! Carai an Caldazar! Al Caldazar!

Extended Sig

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

I'll take Dark Green and of course italics to represent thoughts in the future
    Last edited by Luccan; 2017-11-24 at 11:24 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Were there any shields available beyond the decorative one?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Just the one used as decoration. But just because it's decoration, it doesn't mean it is not perfectly useable.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

Anyone else following up through the trapdoor? This skeleton's current goal is to get away from the wizard to have time to figure out what's happening.
    Spoiler: Games
    Show
    Keston Tornok for GF's AoW
    Loradralsornux for GF's Savage Tide
    Suga for Kish's The Sunless Citadel
    Cendrik for J-H's Servants of the Thrallherd
    Semult for Kish's Wrath of the Righteous
    Faazeran for kinem's Drow Against Midnight

Extended Signature - More detailed game/character notes

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

That's the plan. I'll post in the IC when i have a sec
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifft View Post
    All Roads Lead to Gnome.

I for one support the Gnoman Empire.

Spoiler: Build Contests
    Show

E6 Iron Chef XVI Shared First Place: Black Wing

E6 Iron Chef XXI Shared Second Place: The Shadow's Hand

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

Same, just been in a bit of a time crunch these past few days. Should be able to post later today.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Troll in the Playground

last post noted that i follow the rat
    I work very irregular hours and usually very long ones at that. If I do not respond to something in a timely manner pester me in an OOC thread. If something big is happening in the Middle East I will probably be busy for a few days because I am the idiot wearing kevlar and interviewing people on the fronts.

Do you like MTG? Do you like Gitp? We have a Discord server for like minded players.

Currently Running: Through the Faerie Ring

27. - Top - End - #27
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorGlock View Post
    last post noted that i follow the rat
    Didn't realize, sorry.

So now basically everyone is outside in the ally except for Baby Gary who is still in the cellar.

28. - Top - End - #28

Yay! I have a pet. I assume he is a ridding dog.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #29
    Orc in the Playground

Zombie

It is! You allready have the Stats and all.
    Wether it's a boy or a girl is up to you to decide :)

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

just as a heads-up, I probably won't have time to post until tomorrow evening.