Help support GITP's forums (and ongoing server maintenance) via Patreon
Page 1 of 50 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Post Eldritch Dissonance (D&D 5e) OOC

Basic information
    System: Dungeons and dragons fifth edition
    Gaming medium: The entirety of this campaign will be conducted through the GitP forum.
    Number of players: We must have between three and six players for me to play. If we already have six people though and you still wish to join then you can be put on a wait list and have your character inserted into the game if and when one of the current players decides to leave the game indefinitely.
    Genre: So far the predominating genres of this campaign will be mystery and war, with elements of dark fantasy in the form of slightly lovecraftian horror, swashbuckling and of course a little bit of epic fantasy (as befit of a D&D game). I may show elements of other fantasy sub-genres or decrease the influence of pre-existing ones depending on your requests though. This campaign is actual somewhat of an anomaly, as it is essentially a high-magic adventure in a low-magic world that is not used to dealing with such threats. (See plot for more information)
    Playstyle: This campaign will have massive player agency and freedom so your choices will have immense impact on the world around you, thusly playstyle is largely dependent on your character’s choices. So far my plan is to make a fairly even balance of combat, exploration and social interaction but certain pillars of play will become more predominant than the others depending on the choices of your characters. I would prefer to run a more serious game and include some elements of horror and darker themes (such as war), but that being said I see no reason to completely exclude elements of humor and whimsical fun. How your character’s respond to the situations at hand though will cause me to alter the mood to suit the player’s desires though. Due to the minimal amount of railroading and excess amount of player freedom though be aware that the consequences of your actions may be more pronounced than usual. This does not necessarily mean the campaign will be realistic or gritty though, it simply means that bad luck mixed with poor tactical decisions (I try to be open minded about your ideas on effective strategies) may prove to have major, possibly (metaphorically) devastating, effects on your character and the world around them.

Spoiler: Plot over-view
    Show
    Note: The plot here may seem to show evidence of elements and tropes featured in science fiction, but any attempts at doing so are completely unintentional. This is a distinctly fantasy campaign with very little presence of science fiction elements, and will not include any references to such advanced technologies. I apologize if my wording misleads you.

As the cold wind whistles through the pine trees of the island continent of Recnam, eldritch monstrosities hide among the rocky cliffs, awaiting for their chance to spread misery and cataclysm onto those that live in the natural world. Aberrations descend from magical portals to devastate the land, the dead rise from their graves to prey upon the living, and people undergo horrid physical alterations as their sanity deteriorates alongside their humanity. For the boundaries to the plane of magic, some call it the dreamscape, have been ruptured and through it the gates to the distant realms have been opened. Despite the people’s best attempts to fend off these invading magical threats, they are inexperienced with fighting such a force and prove incapable of providing meaningful defense. As the government and society of Recnam slowly unravels and collapses from the unknown dangers everyone is left asking the same question: why is this happening and how do we stop it? And you brave adventurer, will be their answer! Venture into the mysterious world of eldritch power to discover what is behind these forces of impending doom and stop them before all is lost. Pick up a sword, ready a spell, raise your holy symbol or wait for your opportunity to strike the killing blow, but whatever you do; do not falter; Lest you be stricken down by those that haunt the darkest abyss!

Spoiler: campaign setting
    Show
    This campaign will take place on the remote island continent of Recnam. The coast is made up of rocky cliffs which gradually give way to deciduous forest as one goes farther inland. While Recnam does experience all four seasons, it is always slightly colder than other temperate habitats. For centuries this island has been ruled over by an ancient, shapeshifting aquatic dragon by the name of Banrignamara who resides in a half-submerged castle on the coast. So far she has proven to be a decent ruler and has established a feudalistic confederacy on this island. While Banrignamara may be the supreme ruler, the fiefs are still largely independent and responsible for taking care of themselves.

Almost all of Recnam worships the same pantheon of gods. In the Recnamian pantheon there is one god for each domain; knowledge, life, light, nature, tempest, trickery, war and death. There are very few magic wielders in Recnam, but the existence of them is well known and respected through-out the country. Most of the arcane magic users in Recnam either work for the government as “court wizards” or are associated with the college of Banrignamara (the dragon named the capital city which houses the college after herself), almost all of the divine magic users are part of a church which corresponds to a god in the Recnamian pantheon, and most of the nature-based magic users live with the more tribal denizens of the island.

Recnam has always been a relatively peaceful place. Common problems of violent land disputes, organized crime and the presence of dangerous, semi-magical animals (owlbears, ankhegs, dire wolves, etc.) have always occurred, but they are always easily solved by foreign adventurers. There are so many mercenaries in the country that the government actually relies on them to solve most of these issues. Because of this many adventurers from “the mainland” travel to Recnam to find work opportunities. People of all kinds of races can be found all through-out the country, although it is still predominantly human.

Spoiler: House rules
    Show
    Sometimes I may ignore minor rules or make a ruling if I believe it improves the game, but over-all I do not utilize that many house-rules. Here is a list of all the house rules that will be in play over the course of this campaign.

Levels and leveling up: Instead of gaining experience points from killing enemies or completing specific challenges, your character automatically gains a level whenever they complete a particular quest, mission or other specific objective. I will clearly mark whenever a particular quest has been finished. They will gain a level even if they failed to accomplish their objective.

Economy, monetary resources and re-fluffing equipment: Due to the vague and inconsistent nature of the core D&D 5e economic system, I have implemented an entirely different economic system for this campaign. Expect the costs of items to be extremely different from what is presented in the core rule books. Also be aware that in Recnam silver pieces are the most predominant coin to be used in transactions. In addition to that, copper pieces are worth 1/100 of a silver piece and gold pieces are worth 100 Silver pieces.

Note that any costs related to learning spells or casting spells will be ignored. It costs no money to cast a spell even if the spell specifies that it does expend gold and copying a spell into your spellbook (if you are a wizard) is free to do. It is also unnecessary for you to buy ammunition for any ranged weapons as I will not be counting how much ammunition you have, and thus your weapons effectively have an unlimited well of projectiles.

Also be aware that I will allow you to reflavor, refluff and rename your weapons and armor. If you wish to use the statistics of a pre-existing weapon or set of armor to represent a piece of equipment that does not exist in the rulebook or is badly represented, then feel free to do so. If this is a weapon then you may also change the damage type so that it better suits the desired weapon’s design. If you are including a re-named piece of equipment on your character sheet than put the name of the equipment that formed the basic statistics of your current weapon or armor in parentheses next to that piece of equipment. For example, if you wanted to wear a “gambeson” that uses the same statistics as studded leather than on your character sheet in the equipment section write Gambeson (studded leather) or if you wanted to wield a “scythe” that uses the statistics of a spear except that it does slashing damage than on your character sheet in the equipment section write scythe (spear).

Spoiler: Character creation specifications
    Show

Character sheets: So long as I have access to and can read your character sheet than it does not matter to me too much what system you use to display it. I would prefer it if you wrote it on a digital character sheet which is identical to a physical one (such as a downloadable one found in this link from the WotC website), but it is by no means necessary for you to do so.

Allowed content: Any official D&D 5th edition material published by Wizards of the Coast is allowed for use. There are no restrictions on multi-classing or feats. Homebrewed content is permitted if you or anyone else in the party created or assisted in the creation of said content (Evaluating and criticizing another person’s project does not count). Unearthed arcana, homebrew and third party content are only allowed if the majority of the table (excluding the DM and the person who asked to use the content which is being scrutinized) agrees that such supplements are balanced.

Alignment: I am going to be completely honest with you, I view the alignment system rather contemptuously. To me it seems to present more problems than it does benefits, so thusly I have excluded alignments from the game. Any and all effects which reference alignment will be ignored. Feel free to record this information on your character sheet, but be aware that I will never acknowledge the existence of the alignment statistic.

Starting experience: All character will start out at level five. The party is currently level 8 though, so make your character at that level.

Determining ability scores and hit points: Your character’s ability scores may be generated by using the standard array or variant: customizing ability scores, but you cannot roll to determine your ability scores. Whenever you gain a level you cannot roll to determine how high your hit point maximum raises either, you must use the average number marked in the “hit points” section of your character’s class.

starting equipment: Instead of receiving equipment from their class and background or rolling for wealth by class every character starts out with...
    •a set of traveler’s clothes
    •a backpack
    •one set of armor (if they are proficient with any)
    •a spellcasting focus (if they are of a class which can use one) •two weapons
    •one tool
    •an equipment pack of their choice
    •and 50 silver pieces.
    •They also get their choice of either (A) a shield, (B) two extra weapons, (C) an extra tool, or (D) 50 extra silver pieces.

Languages: The languages presented in the core rule-book are not applicable to this campaign setting. You learn the same amount of languages that you would normally have if following the core rules, but the exact languages you learn are not the same. Record how many languages you get in total from your race and background. You then must choose an amount of languages from the list below equal to that number. Class specific languages such as thieves’ cant and druidic are still usable.

•Draconic: This basically replaces common
    •Ancient common: The old language that preceded draconic as the main language in Recnam centuries ago
    •Mystican: Used by aberrations and arcane magic users
    •Celestial: Used by celestials, creatures of celestial ancestry such as aasimar, and divine magic users
    •Sylvan: Used by fey, creatures of fey ancestry such as elves and gnomes, and nature-based magic users
    •Aquan: A language used specifically by aquatic humanoids such as tritons and merrow
    •Auran: The elemental language of air, used primarily by bird-like humanoids such as aarakockra and kenku
    •Fiendish: Used by fiends and creatures of fiendish ancestry such as tieflings
    •Giant: Used by giants and creatures of giant ancestry such as dwarves and orcs
    •Necronian: The language of necromancy, used primarily by undead and those that raise them

Details on backstory: A backstory is required to play in this campaign. The mainland is intentionally kept rather vague, so if most of the events from your backstory are on the mainland than you could essentially create whatever backstory you want without contradicting pre-existing setting details. Please be aware that I will be pulling characters from your background to use as NPCs with major positions in the plot.

Spoiler: Rules of posting
    Show
    Post formatting: State your character’s actions in normal text, write their exact words in any colored font and italicize any character thoughts.

Posting rate: You should post at least once every 48 hours, although I will be viewing the thread much more than that, almost as much as six times a day. When in combat, If 48 hours have passed since the enemies’ last turn/beginning of combat , or if 24 hours have passed under the conditions that everyone except for you posted, then your turn will be skipped. On a side note, please be aware that we will be using side/group initative instead of normal initiative.

Dice rolls: You can use whatever system you want to roll dice with, but anytime you declare that you want to make a roll than you must record the total result (dice roll + modifiers) on the same post that you stated your action in. When making an ability check still record your roll for that check, and I will later decide if you can even do that action and if you succeed in doing so. During combat I will be recording all of the enemies’ defensive statistics in the same post that the enemies take their turn in. If you hit an enemy make sure to also roll for and record the damage dealt. Whenever you force a creature to make a saving throw or opposed check, you should roll the saving throw for that monster too and announce whether it succeeded or failed. Be aware that whenever a creature forces you to make a saving throw, I will be rolling for you. Some examples are below

"I am fighty the fighter, and I will hit the bandit that just attacked me with my great-axe. I rolled using a dice app and the total result of the roll was a 19. That is higher than the bandit's AC, so I can roll for damage. I once again rolled using a dice app and the total damage I rolled was a 7. The bandit is now dead."

"I am magicy the wizard, and I wish to cast burning hands on the three bandits which are crowding me. I used a set of physical dice to roll their saving throws and added their dexterity saving throw bonus to the roll. Bandit 1 scored a 17, bandit 2 scored an 11, and bandit 3 scored a 4, which means that bandit 1 succeeded the save but bandit 2 and 3 failed. I rolled for damage using a set of physical dice and the total damage I dealt equals 12. This means that bandit 2 and 3 take 12 damage, but bandit 1 only takes 6 damage. Bandit 2 is dead but all the others are still alive."

"I am McStabby the rogue, and I wish to pick the lock on that door. I rolled using a set of online dice and added my proficiency with thieves' tools to the (probably) dexterity check. The total result I recieved was a 14. Does that pass the DC?
    (two hours later)... I am the DM, and I say that yes you can decide to pick the lock and that you have added the proper modifiers. Unfortunately though, the target number was 15 and you were incapable of successfully picking the lock.

reactions: Due to the slow nature of PbP games, reactions will be much harder to conduct. Combatants are allowed to state that they will make a reaction outside of their own turn so long as they have not made another turn since the person's action which triggered the response. Whenever someone makes a reaction they are technically "re-writing" the past, which will cause a re-evaluation of the action's done by the person who is opposing the person who is re-acting. This will change the events to properly suit around the newly established circumstance, making the assumption that you retro-actively did that reaction. Even if another creature took advantage of the circumstance (EG: if you were knocked prone by one enemy and a second enemy also attacked while you were prone) then their actions will be re-evaluated and changed too. I am allowed to veto your reaction if it would prevent another person's previously stated actions from being possible (for example, if you made an oppurtunity attack against a monster and killed it but one of your allies targeted it with a spell before you stated your reaction, than i could veto it because that would force your ally's actions to become entirely invalid)

For example, if you are hit by a monster and take damage but cast the shield spell to avoid getting hit then the event will be "warped", effectively making it so that the attack never hit and the damage was never existent in the first place.

Spoiler: magic item collection
    Show

amulet of protection: currently in the possession of Brann
    8 Deep one pole-arms (magical spear with finesse property): 1 for each person, 2 for Zaladane, 2 for Olivia
    folding boat: currently in the possession of Olivia
    4 feather tokens (1 anchor, 1 fan, 1 tree, 1 whip): currently in the possession of Olivia
    Ayle's magical longsword: radiant damage, beacon, choleric,
    Olivia's magical long-sword (glaive): piercing damage, language (necronian), sanguine
    Brann's magical quarterstaff: fire damage, sentinel (undead), phlegmatic
    Lily's magical rapier: fire damage, temperate, sanguine
    Zaladane's magical sling: radiant damage, waterborne, phlegmatic
    Zadion's magical dagger: cold damage, language (ancient common), melancholic,

Homebrewed content compendium

Current players
    •The Arcane Caster (playing as Ayle Dannaek).
    •Crixon (playing as Olivia Valentine)
    •Glutteus Maximus (playing as Brann Breen).
    •Illven (playing as Lily).
    •Zergrinch (playing as zaladane)
    •Seanfall (playing as Zadion)

waiting list
    1) 2d8 HP
    2) JMS
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-01-22 at 05:31 PM.
    5e Monster Features Index

My D&D 5e homebrew

The Necronomicon: >30 Page Lovecraftian Supplement

The Investigator Base Class Won 3rd place in the 1st GitP 5e base class contest

Yubsharasehn Vampyres Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Eldritch Dissonance (D&D 5e) OOC

I like the rules you have set up.i wish to use one of three classes.protector aasimar pdk. A dhampir from mfov using one of their monk archetypes.
    http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2017/0...wheel.html?m=1.
    Than a scourge aasimar barbarian berserker.or the xgte zealous barb.
    Or my paladin the fallen aasimar oath of the crown palaidn.(through me we fight not through the gods.)
    Last edited by Sariel Vailo; 2017-11-24 at 12:47 PM.
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Sariel Vailo View Post
    I like the rules you have set up.i wish to use one of three classes.protector aasimar pdk. A dhampir from mfov using one of their monk archetypes.
    http://mfov.magehandpress.com/2017/0...wheel.html?m=1.
    Than a scourge aasimar barbarian berserker.or the xgte zealous barb.
    Or my paladin the fallen aasimar oath of the crown palaidn.(through me we fight not through the gods.)
    Sariel, I really do not want to seem like I am bullying you or insulting you because that is not my intention at all, but I feel as if there is no better way to explain this. I can’t actually understand what you say when you write things. I have been on the D&D 5e forum before and I find myself utterly confused by your wording of things. I understand that English is probably not your first language, but regardless I feel as we might have massive communication issues in the future. I am very sorry Sariel, I really hate to exclude you from doing this from a factor which you cannot control, but at the end of the day I can’t DM for a player whose words I cannot understand. I hope you understand that I hold no personal issue against you, it is jsut that clear communication is essential in a PbP and I am left utterly confounded by what you say. I am sincerely sorry Sariel, i just think that if we were in a campaign together it would massively slow things down and kill interest with the others players. No hard feelings please Sariel, I am not excluding you for personal reasons. I just think it is best for the rest of the group if you were to be excluded. I cannot say this enough times, but I am incredibly sorry.

My D&D 5e homebrew

Yubsharasehn Vampyres Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters

4. - Top - End - #4

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Sariel, I really do not want to seem like I am bullying you or insulting you because that is not my intention at all, but I feel as if there is no better way to explain this. I can’t actually understand what you say when you write things. I have been on the D&D 5e forum before and I find myself utterly confused by your wording of things. I understand that English is probably not your first language, but regardless I feel as we might have massive communication issues in the future. I am very sorry Sariel, I really hate to exclude you from doing this from a factor which you cannot control, but at the end of the day I can’t DM for a player whose words I cannot understand. I hope you understand that I hold no personal issue against you, it is jsut that clear communication is essential in a PbP and I am left utterly confounded by what you say. I am sincerely sorry Sariel, i just think that if we were in a campaign together it would massively slow things down and kill interest with the others players. No hard feelings please Sariel, I am not excluding you for personal reasons. I just think it is best for the rest of the group if you were to be excluded. I cannot say this enough times, but I am incredibly sorry.
    Its totally fine thus enjoy.
    Skully boyfriend's lead to skully wendigo weddings.
    Spoiler: Linklele
    Show
    linklele you have brought a beautiful and favorite character of mine as well as fluffy to life i wanted to thank you. i may never again switch my avatar

5. - Top - End - #5

AssassinGuy

Hi, thanks for inviting me. Let's talk characters :)

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I know that Snowbluff has already spoke of wanting to be a monk, and that Geigue wishes to be a favored soul sorcerer (but both of them have yet to respond to me). We already have a person who wants to be a bard, another will be a war wizard, and another who will either be a bard or a rogue. Do whatever you want for now, but if things follow this same trend then monk may be a better option, seeing the raw amount of healing we already have. Do whatever you wish though, the campaign will not be so difficult that intense optimization is necessary

My D&D 5e homebrew

7. - Top - End - #7

AssassinGuy

I am really flexible. I would prefer to try the celestial Warlock or monk, but I also would not mind trying the new barbarian class in xanathar's guide, or a Paladin. I am super flexible. I have been playing RPGs for 20 years and played nearly every class.

If I am "in", why don't we see what the party needs, and I will fill that roll. I am perfectly fine with that.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Devonkm View Post
    I am really flexible. I would prefer to try the celestial Warlock or monk, but I also would not mind trying the new barbarian class in xanathar's guide, or a Paladin. I am super flexible. I have been playing RPGs for 20 years and played nearly every class.

If I am "in", why don't we see what the party needs, and I will fill that roll. I am perfectly fine with that.
    So far this is what I know...
    Illven who has already signed up wants to be a lore bard (support role)
    The arcance caster has already signed up and whats to be a blades bard or inquisitive rogue (support or skirmisher role)
    Glutteus who plans on playing wants to be a war wizard (arcane caster role)
    Geigue who plans on playing wants to be a divine sorcerer (arcane caster and support role)
    Snowbluff who plans on playing wants to be a monk (skirmisher role)

If everything goes according to plan than we will have 0 tanks, 2 arcane casters, 1 or 2 skirmishers, 2 or 3 supporters. You can make of that whatever you want to. We are missing a martial role though if you wanted to fill in a missing niche.

My D&D 5e homebrew

9. - Top - End - #9

AssassinGuy

So it looks like we have no healer or tank... I will go 1 of 4 choices then..

Celestial warlock for Healing
    Paladin for tank and healing
    The new barbarian path from xanathars that has elemental effects with its rage
    Or an eldritch knight.

I will fill whatever niche we need.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Colossus in the Playground

So far this is what I know...
    Illven who has already signed up wants to be a lore bard (support role)
    The arcance caster has already signed up and whats to be a blades bard or inquisitive rogue (support or skirmisher role)
    Glutteus who plans on playing wants to be a war wizard (arcane caster role)
    Geigue who plans on playing wants to be a divine sorcerer (arcane caster and support role)
    Snowbluff who plans on playing wants to be a monk (skirmisher role)

If everything goes according to plan than we will have 0 tanks, 2 arcane casters, 1 or 2 skirmishers, 2 or 3 supporters. You can make of that whatever you want to. We are missing a martial role though if you wanted to fill in a missing niche.
    On that note. The Arcane caster. Bards are probably flexible enough that two of them aren't a problem.

We can be music buddies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

11. - Top - End - #11

AssassinGuy

So here are the current ideas.
    Sol Firelife. Fire Genasi Storm Herald Barbarian (Desert) super awesome flavor. Left for dead by his ifrit mother in the desert, he was raised by half orcs. During his trial to prove himself, his Ifrit blood came out during his rage, burning all those around him.

Kent Feyborn. Half elf Paladin of Vengence. Serves Nathair, god of Fey dragons. Raised by his wood elf mother, they lived in the feywild. His mother tended an outcropping that many pixies and Fey dragons lived. During a full moon, the outcropping was attacked by were-wolves. In the attack his mother was killed. Nathair granted Kent power to slay the werewolves with the other Fey in the outcropping. Nathair now lends Kent his power to kill werewolves and other enemies of the Fey.

Similar story with the Celestial Warlock.

not sure on the eldritch knight. Not much exp. with them.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

So here are the current ideas.
    Sol Firelife. Fire Genasi Storm Herald Barbarian (Desert) super awesome flavor. Left for dead by his ifrit mother in the desert, he was raised by half orcs. During his trial to prove himself, his Ifrit blood came out during his rage, burning all those around him.

Kent Feyborn. Half elf Paladin of Vengence. Serves Nathair, god of Fey dragons. Raised by his wood elf mother, they lived in the feywild. His mother tended an outcropping that many pixies and Fey dragons lived. During a full moon, the outcropping was attacked by were-wolves. In the attack his mother was killed. Nathair granted Kent power to slay the werewolves with the other Fey in the outcropping. Nathair now lends Kent his power to kill werewolves and other enemies of the Fey.

Similar story with the Celestial Warlock.

not sure on the eldritch knight. Not much exp. with them.
    Those are all good so far, but please be aware that this is a homebrew setting so forgotten realms concepts do not apply. Do not expect that the flavor text that is specific to the forgotten realms to be imposed upon this world. That being said, I have no issue with you creating your own mythologies or borrowing from another campaign setting’s concepts to create your backstories. Just be aware that by doing so you will actively be changing the flavor of the world, not corresponding with fluff that has already been established. Do not be afraid of creating your own mythologies and societies though to support your backstory, just be aware that by doing so you are creating a setting.

Edit: I can explain to you the preset fluff of certain things though in this campaign setting if you wish me to (such as the mythologies of efreeti, orcs, the feywild, etc.). I intentionally avoided going into too much detail so that I could have you players discover it throughout the series of the campaign, but I have no problem with telling you some information ahead of time.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2017-11-24 at 10:08 PM.

My D&D 5e homebrew

13. - Top - End - #13

AssassinGuy

It really comes down to if we have a dedicated healer, or a backup healer. Based on our current party structure, a paladin will be most needed

14. - Top - End - #14

So I'm thinking of starting a level of Rogue, and then having 4 levels of Rogue, for all the skills.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    So I'm thinking of starting a level of Rogue, and then having 4 levels of Rogue, for all the skills.
    Umm, was that a typo? Because if you start out with a level of rogue and then take four levels of rogue you are not getting any extra skills. To me it sounds like you were planning on multi-classing but what you stated is that you are taking 5 levels of rogue.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2017-11-24 at 10:22 PM.

My D&D 5e homebrew

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

Umm, was that a typo? Because if you start out with a level of rogue and then take four levels of rogue you are not getting any extra skills. To me it sounds like you were planning on multi-classing but what you stated is that you are taking 5 levels of rogue.
    I think he means the material noted on PHB 164. However, this is only for Multiclassing, and it would only apply if you didn't have a level of that class already, i.e. at the point where you multiclass rather than "taking another level in that class if it wasn't your starting class".
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

17. - Top - End - #17

Sorry. That was a very bad typo. Take a level of rogue, and then go lore bard.

The typo was me being initially uncertain about which class I wanted to start first.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    I think he means the material noted on PHB 164. However, this is only for Multiclassing, and it would only apply if you didn't have a level of that class already, i.e. at the point where you multiclass rather than "taking another level in that class if it wasn't your starting class".
    I truly haven no idea what he was talking about. To me it sounded like he wanted to create a gestalt build or something along those lines. Could you please elaborate Illven!

And an unrelated side note, may I ask who your avatar is Illven? I am pretty sure I know where it is from and if it is what I am thinking then some holy wasabi is going to be involved...
    Last edited by Requilac; 2017-11-24 at 10:43 PM.

My D&D 5e homebrew

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Sorry. That was a very bad typo. Take a level of rogue, and then go lore bard.

The typo was me being initially uncertain about which class I wanted to start first.
    That is acceptable, but Remember the ability score minimums when multi-classing. You must have at least a 13 in charisma IIRC to multi-class into a bard.

My D&D 5e homebrew

20. - Top - End - #20

I truly haven no idea what he was talking about. To me it sounded like he wanted to create a gestalt build or something along those lines. Could you please elaborate Illven!

And an unrelated side note, may I ask who your avatar is Illven? I am pretty sure I know where it is from and if it is what I am thinking then some holy wasabi is going to be involved...
    It's me, if I were a fire emblem character.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

It's me, if I were a fire emblem character.
    Okay then, so it is not what I was thinking. Never mind then, It is probably for the best that you did not witness the awe inspiring powers of Artix.

My D&D 5e homebrew

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

While we are waiting for SnowBluff to register, why don’t we begin the voting for who the sixth player will be (possibly fifth spot too depending on SnowBluff’s decision) and the arrangement of the waiting list? So basically how this is going to be done is that there are so far fivesix possible players on the list, and you will rank them in order of how much you want them in the campaign. The person you would like to enter the campaign the most will be number one while the person you want to be the last to get involved will be in the fifth sixth rank. The person who the majority of the table favors the most will be included as the sixth person at the start of the campaign. This ranking will also be used to determine who is in the waiting list too. If and When somebody in the current campaign decides to leave then the next person in the waiting list will get inserted in. If there is a ever a tie for who should be in a position then I will break the tie by counting who was in the rank after and before that the most (edit) . You do not need to vote, but it would be helpful for you to do so. So far we have four possible players...
    •whiskeyjack
    •JNA productions
    •Seanfall
    •Crixon
    •zergrinch
    •airotome

Here are my votes below...
    1) JNA productions
    2) Airotome
    3) Crixon
    4) Seanfall
    5) zergrinch
    6) whiskeyjack

Is there any questions or confusion over how this vote works?
    Last edited by Requilac; 2017-11-25 at 01:31 PM.

My D&D 5e homebrew

23. - Top - End - #23

AssassinGuy

I vote for whoever wants to play a healer. We need 1 and then I will fill the roll of the tank.

JNA wanted to be a healer.
    Last edited by Devonkm; 2017-11-25 at 01:42 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I vote for whoever wants to play a healer. We need 1 and then I will fill the roll of the tank.

JNA wanted to be a healer.
    So your vote for the sixth player at beginning of the campaign is for JNA productions, right? Okay then, but what about your other ranked votes for the arrangement of the waiting list? I suppose you do not need to vote for the arrangement of the waiting list if you do not want to but it is still helpful to me.

My D&D 5e homebrew

25. - Top - End - #25
    Ogre in the Playground

JNA Productions: 1st
    Zergrinch: 2nd

We do need JNAP’s healer.

26. - Top - End - #26

AssassinGuy

Outside of a healer, i vote for a tank.

If we get a healer, I will tank. If we get a tank, I will heal.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Oh and Glutteus, I wanted to ask a question about Brann’s backstory. Is Brann native to Recnam or did he come form “the mainland”? Your current back-story does not specify.

My D&D 5e homebrew

28. - Top - End - #28
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Hello all! I just wanted to inform you that the votes will be tallied tomorrow night at 7:00 and the person in the sixth slot (and the arrangement of the waiting list) will be chosen then. If any of you still wish to hold a vote a then you will have to do it within the next 24 hours. So far, JNA productions is in the lead with three votes. Unless the entire rest of the table votes for someone else and a tie is formed than they will be the sixth person at the table.

edit: and on a similarly related note I have decided that I will begin the campaign on December 1st (unless you all would like it to begin at a later date), which will be next Friday. Please have your character sheets done by then and look to see the IC thread at about 3:00 on that date.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2017-11-25 at 07:03 PM.

My D&D 5e homebrew

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

at about 3:00 on that date.
    ...what time zone?

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by TheArcaneCaster View Post
    ...what time zone?
    Oh yes I forgot about that, New york time zone (edit; that is another word for Eastern standard time zone). That means you stil have today and another four days to create your characters. I have no issue with extending the starting date though if that is too big of a problem though.
    Last edited by Requilac; 2017-11-26 at 08:40 AM.

My D&D 5e homebrew