New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 35 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10252627282930313233343536373839404142434445 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,050 of 1503
  1. - Top - End - #1021
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Darths & Droids IV: Not in Numerical Order

Spoiler: Characters I liked
    Show
    I liked both Kylo Ren and Grumpy Old Man Luke. Ren has the best written character arc out of anyone in the trilogy as he tries (and fails) to live up to Darth Vader's legacy. Grumpy Luke was a far more interesting way to take his character than the obvious path of making him Obi Wan 2.

Ren's biggest failing is in the third film, mostly due to how awful the writing was. It's a testament to Adam Driver's ability that he was still the best thing about that movie.

2. - Top - End - #1022

Well we're starting to get the group together. Three out of six PCs are now in the same location.

3. - Top - End - #1023
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    Well we're starting to get the group together. Three out of six PCs are now in the same location.
    We already had three out of the six PCs in the same location. Briefly.

The way this game's going the next strip is going to be BB-8 flamethrower coup-de-gracing Finn while he's unconscious.

4. - Top - End - #1024
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rodin View Post
    We already had three out of the six PCs in the same location. Briefly.

The way this game's going the next strip is going to be BB-8 flamethrower coup-de-gracing Finn while he's unconscious.
    Now I am trying to remember if bb-8 has a fire thing like r2 has that zapper.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

5. - Top - End - #1025
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

He does. There's a scene somewhere (I think it's Force Awakens, but I'm not completely sure) where he uses the flame as a sort of improvised thumbs-up sign.

6. - Top - End - #1026
    Firbolg in the Playground

So, a princess from a destroyed planet. Obviously there's Princess Leia of Alderaan in the original Star Wars, but who else? Fortunately, in this age of listicles, we can quickly find people who've already compiled lists of survivors from destroyed planets. Like this one on Gizmodo, from which we can get this short list of women survivors:

1. Power Girl
    2. Fatality 👑
    3. Starfire 👑
    4. Trillian
    5. Guinan
    6. Nyssa
    7. Leia 👑

I put a crown emoji next to confirmed princesses. I assume the out-of-comic campaigns are not Star Wars-based, so we can rule out Pete playing Princess Leia in an alternate copy of the Darth & Droids campaign. That leaves Fatality and Starfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

7. - Top - End - #1027
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    So, a princess from a destroyed planet. Obviously there's Princess Leia of Alderaan in the original Star Wars, but who else? Fortunately, in this age of listicles, we can quickly find people who've already compiled lists of survivors from destroyed planets. Like this one on Gizmodo, from which we can get this short list of women survivors:

1. Power Girl
    2. Fatality 👑
    3. Starfire 👑
    4. Trillian
    5. Guinan
    6. Nyssa
    7. Leia 👑

I put a crown emoji next to confirmed princesses. I assume the out-of-comic campaigns are not Star Wars-based, so we can rule out Pete playing Princess Leia in an alternate copy of the Darth & Droids campaign. That leaves Fatality and Starfire.
    I've been wondering about this too - I figured there had to be enough information at this point. The only other thing we know (at least, that I remember) is that the campaign was about "big guns", which doesn't overly seem to fit anything on this list that I know of. Also, I assume it's a movie, because all the previous campaigns were.

8. - Top - End - #1028
    Dwarf in the Playground

NinjaGuy

We also know that she wasn't helpless (although that could refer to political power), that she was being stalked by an evil prince, and that Corey had difficulty finding ways to make the stalking cause problems for her.

https://darthsanddroids.net/episodes/1857.html

My Final Fantasy VII theory is blown. I'm really struggling to think of anything that fits all of the above.

9. - Top - End - #1029

We have to remember they've probably changed at least one detail. Like in sally's campaign, where the dinos became robots instead of clones.

10. - Top - End - #1030
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm still guessing one of the Super Mario games. (Someone suggested that further up, right?)

Stalker as main villain? Uses his own guns against him? Lots of combat (of a sort)? I don't know which one had her planet destroyed (maybe Galaxy?) but there's got to be one that fits. Today's title is just a bonus.
    I'm pretty much the opposite of concise. If I fail to get to the point, please ask me and I'm happy to (attempt to) clarify.

11. - Top - End - #1031

That is an excellent use of Chandler's Law.

12. - Top - End - #1032
    Ogre in the Playground

Just throwing it out there, what about a Zelda campaign? Ganondorf is the stalker, the big ass guns refer to the laser weapons the guardians use in botw - the campaign could have been ganondorf's previous attempt that got totally shot up.

13. - Top - End - #1033
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

I'd never thought of applying Chandler's Law to roleplaying. I'm going to have to remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

14. - Top - End - #1034

PirateGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kornaki View Post
    Just throwing it out there, what about a Zelda campaign? Ganondorf is the stalker, the big ass guns refer to the laser weapons the guardians use in botw - the campaign could have been ganondorf's previous attempt that got totally shot up.
    Eh, sounds like rather a stretch with the whole "had her planet destroyed" thing. I don't remember any Zelda game where that's the case, and they tend to not change any "on-screen" events for intermission campaigns (although the interpretation of things may be different, like making Batman a villain).

15. - Top - End - #1035
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Quote Originally Posted by SirKazum View Post
    Eh, sounds like rather a stretch with the whole "had her planet destroyed" thing. I don't remember any Zelda game where that's the case, and they tend to not change any "on-screen" events for intermission campaigns (although the interpretation of things may be different, like making Batman a villain).
    Well, Majora's Mask certainly saw the planet destroyed. But I don't think it actually had either Ganon or Zelda in it (I haven't played it).

At least two of the Zelda games actually have Ganon win and conquer the world, though, right (before the heroes make a comeback)? Twilight Princess and Ocarina of Time are the ones off the top of my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darths & Droids
    When you combine the two most devious, sneaky, manipulative, underhanded, cunning, and diabolical forces in the known universe, the consequences can be world-shattering. Those forces are, of course, players and GMs.
    Optimization Trophies

Looking for a finished webcomic to read, or want to recommend one to others? Check out my Completed Webcomics You'd Recommend II thread!

Or perhaps you want something Halloweeny for the season? Halloween Webcomics II

16. - Top - End - #1036

Boy, it's a good thing those helmets don't have multiple built in scanners, isn't it?

((They do, even if nobody remembers that.))

17. - Top - End - #1037

PirateGuy

Boy, it's a good thing those helmets don't have multiple built in scanners, isn't it?

((They do, even if nobody remembers that.))
    Wait, what's that from? I don't remember that either...

18. - Top - End - #1038

Movies, games, books, comics, cartoons...

Night vision, image enhancement, thermal and ultraviolet, internal heads up display for commanders to help you track your units, short range communicators, oh and they serve as NBC gear. Say what you will about the Empire, but they have decent toys.

19. - Top - End - #1039
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Movies, games, books, comics, cartoons...

Night vision, image enhancement, thermal and ultraviolet, internal heads up display for commanders to help you track your units, short range communicators, oh and they serve as NBC gear. Say what you will about the Empire, but they have decent toys.
    Rubbish armour though...

To be fair that's mostly because the Rebellion is using blasters. Against less advanced weapons it actually works pretty well.
    Unless they're fighting teddy bears.
    "If it lives it can be killed.
    If it is dead it can be eaten."

Ronkong Coma "the way of the bookhunter" III Catacombium
    (Walter Moers "Die Stadt der träumenden Bücher")

20. - Top - End - #1040
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Rubbish armour though...

To be fair that's mostly because the Rebellion is using blasters. Against less advanced weapons it actually works pretty well.
    Unless they're fighting teddy bears.
    I dont care what armor youre wearing, if somebody drops a tree on you, physics favors the tree.
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

21. - Top - End - #1041
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Not to mention that the teddy bears were getting their furry little butts kicked once the initial ambushes passed, until Chewie hijacked the AT-ST.

22. - Top - End - #1042
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Keltest View Post
    I dont care what armor youre wearing, if somebody drops a tree on you, physics favors the tree.
    Depends on the tree and how far it falls...
    And how far I'm willing to stretch the definition of "armor"

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Not to mention that the teddy bears were getting their furry little butts kicked once the initial ambushes passed, until Chewie hijacked the AT-ST.
    Details.

I mean you're right, but that initial ambush is what everyone remembers.
    That and the troopers always missing during the "escape" from the Deathstar.

Everyone "knows" that Stormtroopers couldn't hit the broad side of a barn when the barn point-blank and loose to teddy bears.

Even knowing better and as a supporter of the Empire I can't resist those cheap shots.

23. - Top - End - #1043

I will admit the Empire was stupid to fight in a forest wearing white. Even as a kid, I knew about camouflage.

24. - Top - End - #1044

I will admit the Empire was stupid to fight in a forest wearing white. Even as a kid, I knew about camouflage.
    It's even worse when you're trying to play as the Empire in a Battlefront game, especially on Endor. The rebels are all nicely camouflaged and hard to see, and you're just standing there in your high-visibility standard white armor. Even the clone troopers occassionally had camouflage, why did the Empire suddenly decide blending in was a bad strategy?

25. - Top - End - #1045

The costume department didn't want to spend several hours with a paint sprayer.

Note: see also the shoretroopers in Rogue One.

26. - Top - End - #1046
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralCheez View Post
    It's even worse when you're trying to play as the Empire in a Battlefront game, especially on Endor. The rebels are all nicely camouflaged and hard to see, and you're just standing there in your high-visibility standard white armor.
    And the blasted Ewoks are shorter than all of the bushes, in addition to being a dark brown color, so good luck seeing them before those rocks knock you prone.

The old Battlefront II had a couple Imperial classes with duller color schemes, but I think that mostly ends up working against the Empire via friendly fire incidents.

The costume department didn't want to spend several hours with a paint sprayer.

Note: see also the shoretroopers in Rogue One.
    Those would be the ones in the speedos, right?

27. - Top - End - #1047
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Uggh...
    Don't remind me of the old Battlefront games.
    Prison break on the Deathstar. In what universe does that imply endless hordes of fully equipped Rebels led by Jedi?
    I think the Legends novel Deathstar made fun about that one.

And yeah. Ewoks were way OP.

New comic
    It might be those helmets, but those troopers sound really, really cheerful.

28. - Top - End - #1048

I'm hearing them as the Monarch's Minions from Venture Brothers myself.

29. - Top - End - #1049
    Troll in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Kantaki View Post
    Uggh...
    Don't remind me of the old Battlefront games.
    Prison break on the Deathstar. In what universe does that imply endless hordes of fully equipped Rebels led by Jedi?
    I think the Legends novel Deathstar made fun about that one.
    I mean, the logical condition, that the Empire would have infinite reinforcements and the Rebels only that bare minimum of equipment they managed to steal, would not have made for a suitably challenging scenario in the late stages of an Imperial campaign.

I'm honestly surprised to see such a dislike of the game, too.

30. - Top - End - #1050
    Ettin in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by VoxRationis View Post
    I mean, the logical condition, that the Empire would have infinite reinforcements and the Rebels only that bare minimum of equipment they managed to steal, would not have made for a suitably challenging scenario in the late stages of an Imperial campaign.

I'm honestly surprised to see such a dislike of the game, too.
    Eh, it wasn't that bad. Watching the fall of the Republic and the rise and fall of the Empire through the eyes of a trooper was certainly interesting.
    I'm just not much of a shooter game person so... probably not the best game for me.

Also, certain maps and the... Artificial Idiocy stuck in memory more than the fun parts.
    Not to mention that time I managed to force sprint off a bottomless ledge.