New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #318 - The Discussion Thread

That was great. ;D

Some things are better left in the darkest places...
    Facebook | Twitter | YouTube | Steam

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Sc00by
    I'm a bit concerned that Haley doesn't appear to have a spot check that is worth a damn? (either that or She just rolled REALLY badly)
    Maybe she did notice and was just being discreet! Actually, I think she was so preoccupied with her feelings for Elan she totally forgot to roll :P.

And just because a lot of folks were wondering why Roy hid Celia behind the curtain - I bet he did cause he knew the entire party would spend the next, oh, 5 years of their life poking fun at him if they knew ;)
    Oh wait, they're doing that anyway...

3. - Top - End - #63
    Bugbear in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaina

Maybe she did notice and was just being discreet! Actually, I think she was so preoccupied with her feelings for Elan she totally forgot to roll :P.
    Or she did roll, but had a -30 Preoccupation (Circumstance) penalty. ;)
    Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.

The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CelestialStick
    What's all this "congratulations Roy!" nonsense? How sexist of you all! It should be "congratulations Ceclia!" since she asked him out and, well, because of the trouser titan. ;)

P.S. What are those eggs in your signature line?

Well, it's congratulations to Roy because if a woman asks a man out, there's NO guarantee she's wanting to be intimate with him. If a guy asks a girl out, it's usually for a little action. Roy was obviously sweet and charming enough to win her over. Remember, in a relationship, women control half the power and all the booty! ;) (Please detect both humor and a little sarchasm)

Oh, and the eggs are little neopets. I saw a bunch of people with them and thought they looked cute. We'll see what monstrosities they turn into.

5. - Top - End - #65

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanashimi

Well, it's congratulations to Roy because if a woman asks a man out, there's NO guarantee she's wanting to be intimate with him. If a guy asks a girl out, it's usually for a little action. Roy was obviously sweet and charming enough to win her over. Remember, in a relationship, women control half the power and all the booty! ;) (Please detect both humor and a little sarchasm)
    Bah! Sexist balderdash! Balderdash, I say! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Kanashimi
    Oh, and the eggs are little neopets. I saw a bunch of people with them and thought they looked cute. We'll see what monstrosities they turn into.
    Wow, cool!

Um, what's a neopuppet?

The irony is that my favorite colors are black and red, and I almost always play chaotic good characters.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Pixie in the Playground

Roy, score! /high five.

that was great, favorite joke... "giant scribble monster or whatever"

7. - Top - End - #67
    Pixie in the Playground

Long time lurker, First time poster.

I felt I could not remain silent any longer: The whole vasruvius and Belkar thing is just briliant. I love unsuspectec minor plot twists like that. Keep up the good work mr. Giant.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

MonkGirl

This wouldn't be my favorite comic(felt like a filler episode) but I really did like the ending. It did surprise me that Haley's spot check is so poor but I admit that with all that's probably going in her head that it might be. Then again, how would Roy know that? Well, I'm mostly just waiting for the big fight that's sure to be coming soon.
    None of us have tampered with the fundemental natural order when bored. That would be wrong.

9. - Top - End - #69

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by TroyXavier
    This wouldn't be my favorite comic(felt like a filler episode) but I really did like the ending. It did surprise me that Haley's spot check is so poor but I admit that with all that's probably going in her head that it might be. Then again, how would Roy know that? Well, I'm mostly just waiting for the big fight that's sure to be coming soon.
    It struck me as filler too, but you can't eat a steady diet of meat. Sometimes you need a potato or two. ;)

Speaking of which, I ought to eat some breakfast before I pass out!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Halfling in the Playground

Roy got Lucky! YES!!!!
    \"I reject your reality, and substitute my own.\"&&--Adam Savage, \"MythBusters\"&&&&\"Old Macdonald was dyslexic, O-I-E-I-E\"

11. - Top - End - #71
    Dwarf in the Playground

Haley's spot might be poor, but her search might still be good, which is what's used for trap/treasure finding...

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #318 - The Discussion Threa

Heh, I liked it. Yay for Roy and Celia, who definitely deserve a little...ehem...happiness. The thought of Roy being able to give a leaderly speech while concealing his date is really amusing to me for some reason :p

And maybe the Oracle is like V?

Also:
    -"the big scribble monster or whatever" Roy clearly doesn't care for this particularly MacGuffin.
    -"...a gate at Neither, too??" Another possible "Anyplace/Somewhere Else/Nowhere" kingdom?
    -Why don't they just get a teleport to the Sunken Valley as well? Because then it would ruin the dramatic potential re: finding out where Xykon really is, obviously.
    Be bold, and powerful forces will come to your aid.

Darian Dawnstrider Avatar by Sampi

Quote Originally Posted by sun_tzu View Post
    KAPOW!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGuy

I normaly dont post just to say what a great comic it was, but this...

BRILLIANT

it has everything, a cunning plan worthy of Blackadder, tie-in with the previous strip, and for some reason, I had this strange flash of empathy with V when she ran off in a panic to get her stuff together.

plus, wonderful punchline. a fine example of how this sort of thing is best handled in D&D.

My colors are Blue/Green. I value versitality, knowledge, evolution, and the nautral world. I have a deep fascination with living things, and a natural talent for adaptation. At my best, I am intuitive and adaptive. At my worst, I am isolated and unsympathetic. My symbol is the twisted tree, and my enemy is Red/Black.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Pixie in the Playground

Yes! Adventure!

But no one told me Roy had ranks in innuendo ;D
    Blessed be ye, for Fish has given unto ye His Divine Droppings.&&&&Now, if I could only encase those sycophants in carbonite...&&&&Like the opinion of theKOT

15. - Top - End - #75

DruidGuy

Good for both Roy and Celia! Seems like they both had a good time. I have to go back and reread Origins since I completely missed the oracle bit.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Pixie in the Playground

The last panel was great :)

17. - Top - End - #77

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by CatBoris
    Yes! Adventure!

But no one told me Roy had ranks in innuendo ;D
    The authors of 3.5 folded Innuendo into another skill, but since I haven't taken too many ranks in Knowledge (The Skills) I forget which one. ;)

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

Heh, go V! 8)

And OMG Celia looks she had way too much fun.. (or accidentally slept inside a wash mashine set on spin)

I also completely failed my spot check on that bump in the courtains, heh.

Quote Originally Posted by TroyXavier
    It did surprise me that Haley's spot check is so poor...
    She may have a good Search check, but she has abysmal spot check (for a rogue) http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=3. Only belkar's (0 ranks) is worse http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/Gian...tscript?SK=119 :)

Edit: to add the bit about checks.
    Supreme Commander of the Fan Club,
    Keeper of the Sacred Scrolls of Paladinhood,
    Defender of the Faith.

19. - Top - End - #79

RedWizardGuy

I was wondering whether Roy & Celia would "Spend the night"...
    ;D Love it. ;D

EDIT:
    The authors of 3.5 folded Innuendo into another skill, but since I haven't taken too many ranks in Knowledge (The Skills) I forget which one. ;)
    That would be Bluff for sending messages and Sense Motive for interpreting them.
    P.E.A.C.H. Please Evaluate And Critique Honestly

“Mr. Greenhilt, we do things ‘by the book’ around here – and it just so happens that the book in question is 100 feet tall and alight with holy fire…”

20. - Top - End - #80

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Solmage
    Heh, go V! 8)

And OMG Celia looks she had way too much fun.. (or accidentally slept inside a wash mashine set on spin)

I also completely failed my spot check on that bump in the courtains, heh.
    Bump, what bump? (Looks in vain for ranks in Spot.)

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

But yeah, why does this comic give me that sense of impending doom and possible gloom?
    http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/Gian...tscript?SK=300 <-- perhaps this is a good reason why?

Simply put, we know the other shoe's about to drop--just a matter of time--and Xykon waits for nobody.

And as for Haley... we only see her partially in the first panel, with Elan, V, and Durkon standing in front of her (and she's not happy), so I'm guessing that Celia's really hard to spot with all that interference (as well as Roy shielding the curtain with his own body and then calling attention down upon himself). It's likely she bombed her spot check. Or... she made it, declined to comment, and started drifting away from Roy and basically booked as soon as she could.

Also as Celia mentions the previous day that "since [they're] both leaving tomorrow morning," I suspect that she will not be joining the Order.

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/Gian...tscript?SK=308
    \"Your sins lie heavily upon you, defiler of souls!\" - Lenneth Valkyrie, Valkyrie Profile

22. - Top - End - #82
    Orc in the Playground

PirateWench

I have this terrible image of there being explosives runes somehow in the coffee and now in Belkar's stomach. :o

23. - Top - End - #83
    Pixie in the Playground

WOOO!!! Yay for Celia! You go, girl! Oh, and go Roy! ('Cause, you know, it takes two to tango...yeah, right..."tango"...) LMAO!

Well, at any rate, it's about time! Know what I mean? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge, say no more ;)

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/GiantITP/ootscript?SK=3
    "Um... we're like right here."
    Lousy spot checks indeed!

Roy/CeliaFirst date yes, but they have known each other for quite a while (including a hug) so not really the same as what most consider a first date.

Origins was quite clear that the Oracle was female.
    [Origins spoiler]Tha oracle was most helpful when ye prodded her properly ... heh heh - was pretty clear that Roy got some![/color][Origins spoler]

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

woah, that's a hell of a plan, roy. He's not only leading the OotS, he's doing is with uncanny efficiency... ;D

Also nice: celia with her hair all messed up. seems it was a stormy night. tsts...

26. - Top - End - #86
    Pixie in the Playground

About Haleys Spot Check:
    The funny thing is: Even if she made it and seen Celia, she can't tell anyone. *g*

I guess they're not teleporting to the Valley with the oracle because it's only a few days away instead of a few weeks like the two gate locations.

And nice comic. A good balance between plot advancement and jokes. :)

"big scribble monster" Hehe.

27. - Top - End - #87

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Corestimah
    I was wondering whether Roy & Celia would "Spend the night"...
    ;D Love it. ;D

EDIT:

That would be Bluff for sending messages and Sense Motive for interpreting them.
    Thanks. I thought it was something like that. I even looked at the 3.5 description of the Bluff skill, but I guess I missed my Spot check. ;)

28. - Top - End - #88

excellent I was hoping Durkon wouldn't be the onley one to get some in this comic.

TAKE THAT MIKO!!!
    But if we don\'t kill nature how will we build our houses?

29. - Top - End - #89

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Akjara
    About Haleys Spot Check:
    The funny thing is: Even if she made it and seen Celia, she can't tell anyone. *g*

I guess they're not teleporting to the Valley with the oracle because it's only a few days away instead of a few weeks like the two gate locations.

And nice comic. A good balance between plot advancement and jokes. :)

"big scribble monster" Hehe.
    From what Roy said about mooching a scroll of teleport from the Shojo, it sounds like V doesn't have the teleport spell himself.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Pixie in the Playground

From what Roy said about mooching a scroll of teleport from the Shojo, it sounds like V doesn't have the teleport spell himself.
    Yes, but it would be easier to mooching a scroll of for a place far away than one for only a few days travel. :)