New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 42 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Meanwhile, the word Angel is male in German, even when talking about a female angel, because we don't give a ****.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

2. - Top - End - #332
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

While I am curious about why Gog-Agog is interested in Allison, I am really REALLY curious why Allison chose to greet her with a fist.

A year happened - they might have met before? Or Allison is always killing intruders to her house? Or Allison learned about Gog-Agog from Incubus and immediately distrusts her? Or Allison learned about Gog-Agog from White Chain or Cio?

On another note, again, the Universal Metaconstant alphabet proves to be inconsistent in the vowels.

So far, we have observed the "O" that is sometimes an "A", and the "U" that is sometimes an "O" and a "OU" which has appeared once, and now a completely new symbol for the "O", that looks like a "G/K" in reverse.

Is it GOG-AGOG and INGYUFS? Or KOK-AKOK and INKYUBS? Kok-Akok makes me think of the kük török, just by how it sounds. Or is this new "O" supposed to be a consonant? (It really looks so to me, at least). Is Goggies name really KGK-AKGK, or GKG-AGKG?

3. - Top - End - #333

Honestly for Alison to have NOT spent the year learning of the personalities and weaknesses of her 7 main enemies from an angel and a devil does not make a lot of sense.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

4. - Top - End - #334

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Onyavar View Post
    While I am curious about why Gog-Agog is interested in Allison, I am really REALLY curious why Allison chose to greet her with a fist.
    In her own words, "She is so cool!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Pixie in the Playground

Maybe revenge for when Gog-Agog put an eye in Allison's back?
    It's been a while since the mspa forums died, but I do recall something along those lines happening in original ksbd.

More seriously, I would probably punch any demiurge that came to my house. Especially if I'm am existential threat to them, and they're definitely here to manipulate me.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

This his honestly stupidity of a suicidal level.
    Like violently banging on a nuklear bomb because the timer had frozen stupid.

When Gog-Agog arrives like this then its clear that its here to negotiate.
    And Allison should know from her sparring just how wide the gasp is between her and it.
    So punching it is straight up moronic.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

7. - Top - End - #337
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    This his honestly stupidity of a suicidal level.
    Like violently banging on a nuklear bomb because the timer had frozen stupid.

When Gog-Agog arrives like this then its clear that its here to negotiate.
    And Allison should know from her sparring just how wide the gasp is between her and it.
    So punching it is straight up moronic.
    Still not as moronic as accepting Incubus' offer.

But I think less moronic than you think.

She's not FIGHTING it or actually attacking. She punched it in the face and is telling it to get lost. 100% guarantee that over the last year she's been learning as much as she can from Cio, White Chain, and anybody else around her of the Demiurge's particular strengths/weaknesses.

I'm almost 100% certain she knows that a punch doesn't actual hurt Gog-Agog, losing a head is a minor inconvenience to it.

Punching it in the face is the functional equivalent of throwing a drink at it and telling it to get lost.

And we literally just got poker a couple panels ago. Allison's bluffing.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

8. - Top - End - #338

Beholder

Now I'm wondering if the earlier person was a disguise or some body gog-agog hijacked and rebuild into her image.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

9. - Top - End - #339
    Titan in the Playground

And we literally just got poker a couple panels ago. Allison's bluffing.
    Thats a good point. It does of course not know how strong Allison is.
    And if it does not feel pain, then its likely to be less insulted by a punch to the face.

Also, SWEET GODS! it suddenly jumped wildly up on the threat scale.
    Thats just creepy.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Troll in the Playground

She should have at least hidden the worm in a tequila shot

11. - Top - End - #341

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Now I'm wondering if the earlier person was a disguise or some body gog-agog hijacked and rebuild into her image.
    I had wondered before if the followers around Gog-Agog were just more worms it used to mimic the courts of the other Demiurgs.

I think that if you eat one of the worms, it hijacks you to an extent that the difference between you and the collective that is Gog-Agog becomes meaningless. It can reform any body it inhabits at will, maybe by spontaneously multiplying the local worms.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

The demiurges would never stoop so low as to faking a minion's death. The jester's gory demise was very real, and certainly meant to disgust and intimidate.

13. - Top - End - #343
    Firbolg in the Playground

Because a clown just exploded in front of her in a shower of gore, and Gog-Agog burst out of it.

Don't startle people (original)
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

14. - Top - End - #344
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PraetorDragoon View Post
    Gog can clearly warp the bodies it controls - remember its first appearance was having its head blown off by Mottom and complaining that it was 'working on that face'.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

There's a steamboat willie cameo on the third panel! (top right tv panel). Gog = Disney ever expanding and media/entertainment monopoly).
    Last edited by mystic1110; 2019-05-15 at 06:50 PM.

16. - Top - End - #346

WhiteWizardGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    Almost certainly not, Jadis is almost literally nothing BUT a mind at this point.

I'm still surprised Mammon was Tower, though, so anything could happen.
    Getting back to this, I am like 80% sure Jadis is Blade. Why?

Jadis went crazy because she 'saw the shape of the world'. The cosmos was created by division, and the sanctioned action is to Cut. What shape could the world be, if not blade-shaped?

17. - Top - End - #347
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    Getting back to this, I am like 80% sure Jadis is Blade. Why?

Jadis went crazy because she 'saw the shape of the world'. The cosmos was created by division, and the sanctioned action is to Cut. What shape could the world be, if not blade-shaped?
    The world is quite literally wheel-shaped, we know this from Aesma's stories and the way the universe looks.

18. - Top - End - #348

Hmm, hadn't seen that before, but I agree those are likely the words.

The Glory, The Tower, The Flame, The Diamond, The Blade, The Mind, The Beast

So then that leaves us with Tower, Diamond, Blade, Mind, Beast.

My guess there is that Jagganoth = Blade, Jadis = Diamond, Gog-Agog = Mind, Mammon = Beast, Solomon David = Tower

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    Mottom - Glory
    Flame - Incubus
    Tower - Mamon
    Beast- Gog Agog
    Diamond - Solomon

Leaving The Blade & The Mind.

I'm full in on Jag being Mind now.
    Almost certainly not, Jadis is almost literally nothing BUT a mind at this point.

I'm still surprised Mammon was Tower, though, so anything could happen.
    I have to agree with mystic: Jagganoth must be Mind, Jadis must be Blade. Just 'cause Abbadon likes to mess with his readers.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ogre in the Playground

I have to agree with mystic: Jagganoth must be Mind, Jadis must be Blade. Just 'cause Abbadon likes to mess with his readers.
    Or maybe he's messing with readers so much, he's double subverting the expectation (i.e. Jadis is Mind, Jagganoth is Blade, because that's logical).

20. - Top - End - #350

WhiteWizardGirl

I see no reason to suppose that blades and wheels are not the same shape. We already know that there is a fundamental identity between division and transportation, and between cutting and motion when Royalty is involved.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Troll in the Playground

22. - Top - End - #352
    Ogre in the Playground

If you're going to quote it, quote it in essence.

"The universe is somewhat wheel-shaped!" said Aesma, proud.

"Surely, but only from one angle," said YISUN, amused.
    It saying it's completely wrong, is bit of a lie in itself. It's a correct answer, for some angles. Namely the one we see in comic.

23. - Top - End - #353

What a bunch of clowns...

I wonder what the factors are on Goggy reforming its body. Earlier it seemd to have trouble to get its face back into shape, now it can reform perfectly on a whim. Maybe the earlier bit as done intentionally for comedy?
    Last edited by Iruka; 2019-05-18 at 05:25 AM.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

It does seem clear it has been clowning around on purpose.
    Acting like a idiot to make the others underestimate it.

25. - Top - End - #355

WhiteWizardGirl

Pet Peeve: Gog-Agog isn't an it. They're either a 'she' (because they manifest as a green female clown), or else she's a 'they' (because she is literally several trillion worms). The pronoun 'it' is reserved for a non-plural object and Gog-Agog is neither.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

Gog-Agog isnt a she, just because it choses to assume the form of a female green clown.
    We have seen how it can pretty much chose what to look like.

They does not cover it either. Because there are only 1 Gog-Agog.
    It is the only word that really covers a cosmic worm horror.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Colossus in the Playground

Gog-Agog isnt a she, just because it choses to assume the form of a female green clown.

Yeah. Gog-Agog is not a they, just like we aren't a they because we are made up of billions of cells.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    Pet Peeve: Gog-Agog isn't an it. They're either a 'she' (because they manifest as a green female clown), or else she's a 'they' (because she is literally several trillion worms). The pronoun 'it' is reserved for a non-plural object and Gog-Agog is neither.
    At one point I seem to recall that the author said that Juggernaut Star intentionally used "it" as a pronoun to emphasize rejection of humanity, but I think that was dropped.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Gog-Agog has been referred to with female pronouns by the author and addressed as female in text and has had no objection to the designation. She's clearly presenting as female. Juggernaut Star is referred to as an it to represent its personal and intentional distance from humanity.
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2019-05-20 at 07:11 AM.

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

Gog-Agog has been referred to with female pronouns by the author and addressed as female in text and has had no objection to the designation. She's clearly presenting as female. Juggernaut Star is referred to as an it to represent its personal and intentional distance from humanity.
    It has been adressed as Queen of Worms a single time by Solomon, thats about what i can find.
    And that bit could easily just be Solomon being polite in general.

We are still lacking Gog-Agog's backstory. But i find it pretty likely its about as far from humanity as Juggernaut Star.
    If it turns out to be something like the conciousness of a female demi-urge surviving in the worms that consumed her body,
    then yes i am going to turn my stance on this.

But so far we just know its a hive-mind of worms, whom as i recall are hermaphodites (or however its spelled)