New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222338 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Biological Sex =/= Gender

Gog-Agog presents as female, Abbadon's tumblr has used feminine pronouns to refer to Gog-Agog. Just because Gog-Agog is an inhuman mass of worms doesn't mean she's uninterested in human conventions(quite the opposite it seems). Juggernaut Star (imperfectly) rejects humanity, sentiment, and more or less anything contrary to the Will of 1 Metatron.

2. - Top - End - #362
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Biological Sex =/= Gender

Gog-Agog presents as female, Abbadon's tumblr has used feminine pronouns to refer to Gog-Agog. Just because Gog-Agog is an inhuman mass of worms doesn't mean she's uninterested in human conventions(quite the opposite it seems). Juggernaut Star (imperfectly) rejects humanity, sentiment, and more or less anything contrary to the Will of 1 Metatron.
    Just because it pretends to be a she, does not actually mean it is.
    So far it has only seemed interested in its own amusement. And perhaps spreading itself.
    It has not given signs of a actual female identity. Only of an alien entity playing a game.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #363
    Bugbear in the Playground

This appears to be a tedious semantic argument about whether a pronoun for a fictional character should be decided by biological sex or gender.

Since there's no way to convince the other can't you both just agree to disagree?

Up until the situation is actually resolved in comic of course.
    Exalted avatar remix by Musashi
    Original Avatar by Strawberries
    Character is Kin from Goblins

4. - Top - End - #364
    Pixie in the Playground

The beginning is very similar to the description of a game, and I must say it intrigued me and I would play it with great pleasure. If it would still be a game.

5. - Top - End - #365

Interestingly the first incarnation of it was a forum post game on the MS Paint Adventures forum.

It then got retooled and relaunched as a webcomic, with more limited user suggestions of Gods and the demon heist characters.

6. - Top - End - #366

There is also Broken Worlds, the K6BD RPG.

"Children grow up to be people? All the children I knew grew up to be machines."
    ~Augustus von Fabelrath~
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Somebody should have that sigged.
    Member of Peelee's Church of Sudden Skylight

7. - Top - End - #367
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    This his honestly stupidity of a suicidal level.
    Like violently banging on a nuklear bomb because the timer had frozen stupid.

When Gog-Agog arrives like this then its clear that she's here to negotiate.
    And Allison should know from her sparring just how wide the gasp is between her and Gog.
    So punching her is straight up moronic.

There's a few reasons this isn't moronic:

The punch wasn't for Gog-Agog. It was for Allison. In her encounters with Mottom, Incubus, and Mammon, Allison didn't feel like she was in control. That was even her stated reason for accepting Incubus' pact.
    She punched Gog-Agog in the nose to establish to herself that she was in control of the situation.

Second reason: that punch wasn't about to do anything more than mildly inconvenience a demiurge

Third reason: every demiurge wants her alive, except Jadis (who already knows when Allison will die). If you think Zaid is the true heir, then killing Allison means that Zaid gets the key faster.
    If you think Allison is the true heir, then currying favor might mean she's more lenient on you when obliterating the seven headed beast.

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

Holy **** gogagog is creepy

9. - Top - End - #369
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Side effects of Worm may include excessive euphoria, watery eyes, inability to focus, desire to be the center of attention, loss of identity, GREEN, quantum mimicry, painful grinning, dissolving, self cannibalization, GOGAGOG, sudden theatrical explosions into viscera, and magical girl transformation. Do not take Worm if you are on medication containing Hansa's Tobacco, Skesh, Black Glass, White Sand, Devil's Kisses, Peaches of Immortality, Angel Feathers, and the Word FLAME. Ask your Vatra if Worm is right for you.

10. - Top - End - #370

WhiteWizardGirl

Gog-Agog continues to be best demiurge.

11. - Top - End - #371
    Troll in the Playground

you can see that the light of her key vanishes before she breaks apart into the component wurms, so "gog-agog" seems isn't each wurm, or any mass of wurms, but seems to be a sort of consciousness that can flit between the wurms.

12. - Top - End - #372
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsandlich View Post
    Side effects of Worm may include excessive euphoria, watery eyes, inability to focus, desire to be the center of attention, loss of identity, GREEN, quantum mimicry, painful grinning, dissolving, self cannibalization, GOGAGOG, sudden theatrical explosions into viscera, and magical girl transformation. Do not take Worm if you are on medication containing Hansa's Tobacco, Skesh, Black Glass, White Sand, Devil's Kisses, Peaches of Immortality, Angel Feathers, and the Word FLAME. Ask your Vatra if Worm is right for you.
    Hahahaha! Outstanding!

13. - Top - End - #373

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    you can see that the light of her key vanishes before she breaks apart into the component wurms, so "gog-agog" seems isn't each wurm, or any mass of wurms, but seems to be a sort of consciousness that can flit between the wurms.
    She could still be all the worms at once, but can only focus her key in one place at a time.

14. - Top - End - #374

GreataxeFighterGirl

She's Envy, right? I bet if Allison "wins" the match Gog-Agog'll just backstab her. No way Allison's going to get Zaid back.

15. - Top - End - #375
    Titan in the Playground

She could still be all the worms at once, but can only focus her key in one place at a time.
    For some cryptic reason i keep confusing you and Mystic 1110 :P

But yes i do think it makes sense. There are only 1 key after all.

She's Envy, right? I bet if Allison "wins" the match Gog-Agog'll just backstab her. No way Allison's going to get Zaid back.
    She isnt Envy. It or She, whatever you want, are Gog Agog. The Great Devourer. The Scourge of Worlds. bearer of the word BEAST.
    But as far as i know, then there has newer been a official link between the demi-urges and the deathly sins. Thats something the fans came up with on their own.
    I think the comic has shown that they are more complexs than that though.

16. - Top - End - #376
    Firbolg in the Playground

MindFlayer

But as far as i know, then there has newer been a official link between the demi-urges and the deathly sins. Thats something the fans came up with on their own.
    I mean...
    There's one who eats everything, be it peaches or planets.
    There's one who collects all the gold and wealth in the cosmos.
    There's one who wants to kill literally everything.
    There's one who has prostitute envoys and is, in the author's words, "gay for power."
    There's one who thinks he's better than everyone else to the point of delusion.
    There's one who wears other people's faces and wants to be adored.
    There's one who can't move a muscle forever and gets carried around.

I don't think it ever needs to be explicitly stated, there is very clear and direct subtext.

17. - Top - End - #377

WhiteWizardGirl

But conversely, there's also:
    The one who endlessly pillages worlds for their wealth, unable to get enough.
    The one who hasn't left his house for centuries, tended to by his servants.
    The one who cares only about endlessly improving himself and his worldly status.
    The one who lives in the perpetually shadow of a greater, more worthy warrior.
    The one who killed his teachers after learning martial arts for the sake of revenge.
    The one who tempts people into her service by feeding them writhing pleasure-drugs.
    The one who nearly destroyed herself through hubris, unable to admit it was beyond her.

Each demiurge contains a multitude of sins.

18. - Top - End - #378
    Titan in the Playground

But conversely, there's also:
    The one who cares only about endlessly improving himself and his worldly status.
    The one who lives in the perpetually shadow of a greater, more worthy warrior.
    The one who killed his teachers after learning martial arts for the sake of revenge.
    The one who tempts people into her service by feeding them writhing pleasure-drugs.
    The one who nearly destroyed herself through hubris, unable to admit it was beyond her.

Each demiurge contains a multitude of sins.
    Yeah that was the point i were trying to make :)
    Its a bit like a rochard test. If you want to see a specific connect then you can also likely find it.
    And if you start with a idea and then try to confirm it, then your also more likely to find the specific evidence your hunting.
    While steering around all the stuff that would disprove the hypothis.

19. - Top - End - #379

WhiteWizardGirl

Yeah, if you think about it, ALL of the Seven are guilty of Pride (you really think you're worthy of ruling even 14% of the multiverse?), Wrath (can't become a demiurge without killing a few million people minimum), Envy (All of them except Mottom want Zoss's seat, she wants Allison's instead) and Greed (you don't become a demiurge without being full of Want). 3/7 are literal cannibals, 2/7 sulk at home and usually send envoys instead, 3/7 encourage human blood sports, 1/7 is a polygamist, etc. Jag is the one with the smallest sin counter so far.

20. - Top - End - #380

Thats something the fans came up with on their own.
    I think the comic has shown that they are more complexs than that though.
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlekid View Post
    There's one who eats everything, be it peaches or planets.
    There's one who collects all the gold and wealth in the cosmos.
    There's one who wants to kill literally everything.
    There's one who has prostitute envoys and is, in the author's words, "gay for power."
    There's one who thinks he's better than everyone else to the point of delusion.
    There's one who wears other people's faces and wants to be adored.
    There's one who can't move a muscle forever and gets carried around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grek View Post
    The one who lives in the perpetual shadow of a greater, more worthy warrior.
    Wait, I got this.
    Nettlekid proposed: Mottom/Gluttony; Mammon/Greed; Jagganoth/Wrath; Incubus/Lust; Solomon David/Pride; Gog-Agog/Envy; Jadis/Sloth
    Grek proposed: Mottom/Greed; Mammon/Sloth; Jagganoth/Gluttony(?); Incubus/Envy; Solomon David/Wrath; Gog-Agog/Lust; Jadis/Pride

Now, I'm the guy who agrees mostly with Grek but for me it is clearly Mottom/Sloth and Mammon/Greed.
    ... That is, unless Incubus is not even part of the demiurges. If we replace him with Maya/Sloth, the entire formula changes again.

But hey, what about their respective followers/cults? I'd say we can also fit their courts together as:
    Mottom/Gluttony; Mammon/Wrath; Jagganoth/?; Incubus/Pride; Solomon David/Sloth; Gog-Agog/Lust; Jadis/? [Envy and Greed are unassigned; we know nothing about possible motivations of Jadis' Priests and whoever follows Jagganoth. Maybe we can shift these assignments around at a later point.]

I propose that we also assign the seven prismatic colors to the demiurges: Incubus is Red, Mottom is Orange, Mammon is Yellow, Gog-Agog is Green, Jadis is blue, Solomon David is Indigo, Jagganoth is Violent. ... or wait, what if we use the system of Newton? Mottom is Red, Mammon is Orange, Jagganoth is Yellow, Gog-Agog is green, Incubus is Cyan, Jadis is blue, Solomon is Purple??

Also hey, there are seven days in the week! I think we have them covered...
    Loonsday - Incubus
    Duesday - Mammon
    Widowsday - Mottom
    Terrorsday - Jagganoth
    Fryday - Solomon
    Shatterday - Jadis
    Funday - Gog-Agog

21. - Top - End - #381
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Yeah, if you think about it, ALL of the Seven are guilty of Pride (you really think you're worthy of ruling even 14% of the multiverse?), Wrath (can't become a demiurge without killing a few million people minimum), Envy (All of them except Mottom want Zoss's seat, she wants Allison's instead) and Greed (you don't become a demiurge without being full of Want). 3/7 are literal cannibals, 2/7 sulk at home and usually send envoys instead, 3/7 encourage human blood sports, 1/7 is a polygamist, etc. Jag is the one with the smallest sin counter so far.
    Multi-sins for all the demi-urges, I like it.

I think the big thing is going to be Alison's interaction with Metatron, who isn't a demi-urge.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

22. - Top - End - #382
    Firbolg in the Playground

We are still lacking Gog-Agog's backstory. But i find it pretty likely its about as far from humanity as Juggernaut Star.
    If it turns out to be something like the conciousness of a female demi-urge surviving in the worms that consumed her body,
    then yes i am going to turn my stance on this.
    She was an envious girl who crushed on a prince, but since she was neither rich nor comely, sempai did not notice her. Eventually she committed suicide by hanging herself from a tree, and nobody ever noticed her corpse, or noticed she was missing, only the worms noticed her. So her ghost moved onto the worms, and then as a mass of worms she discovered her power to change shape, so she took a beautiful appearance to woo the prince, but things didn't work out how she wanted, so long story short she ended eating the prince and impersonating him, and then the prince's court when they found out the prince was weird, and then pretty much the entire kingdom when it decided to kill the shapechanging monster, and pretty soon the entire world was either Gog-Agog or those who decided to worship her as a master instead of trying to fight her.

Then the gate to her world opened, and a demiurge bent on conquering a new world stepped in, and he was eaten by a mass of worms pretty much immediately, and that's the story of how Gog-Agog got her Key and became a demiurge herself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

23. - Top - End - #383
    Colossus in the Playground

Not sure Gog-Agog needs much backstory beyond being a giant worm hive with magic powers. Not that I'd complain.

Cursed the ground where dead thoughts live new and oddly bodied, and evil the mind that is held by no head. Wisely did Ibn Schacabao say, that happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes. For it is of old rumour that the soul of the devil-bought hastes not from his charnel clay, but fats and instructs the very worm that gnaws; till out of corruption horrid life springs, and the dull scavengers of earth wax crafty to vex it and swell monstrous to plague it. Great holes secretly are digged where earth’s pores ought to suffice, and things have learnt to walk that ought to crawl.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

24. - Top - End - #384
    Ettin in the Playground

Not really sure. Maybe at one point they were, but a lot of them (Mammon, Jadis, Mottom) don't fit most of those sins anymore.

25. - Top - End - #385

WhiteWizardGirl

Mottom straight up turns a man into a tree for defying her. She's plenty wrathful. And Mammon still kills people, he just uses traps for them.

26. - Top - End - #386
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

New Offering

Wherein Nyave is once again awesome

27. - Top - End - #387
    Titan in the Playground

My point of view is less awesome. And more dumb as a brick..

28. - Top - End - #388
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

My point of view is less awesome. And more dumb as a brick..
    Haven't you been paying attention? Those two are the exact same thing in this comic.

29. - Top - End - #389
    Ettin in the Playground

If this were a D&D session, what Nyave is saying would boil down to "ok, yes, it's stupid and we have no motivation to go, but it's obviously what the DM wants us to do, so let's just bite the bullet and go, otherwise the story won't move forward."

30. - Top - End - #390
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aquillion View Post
    If this were a D&D session, what Nyave is saying would boil down to "ok, yes, it's stupid and we have no motivation to go, but it's obviously what the DM wants us to do, so let's just bite the bullet and go, otherwise the story won't move forward."
    I mean, they have motivation ("rescue Zaid" in Allison's case, and "Deliver the Master Key to the 'True Heir'" in White Chain's case), its just that up until Nyave spoke up, their existential terror at the prospect of Salami Dave liquifying their Atums with a single punch dwarfed that motivation.
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2019-05-31 at 03:01 PM.