New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 15 of 42 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223242540 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #421
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Gog Agog is a single entity, but how would you refer to two Gog Agog that are at least pretending to be distinct personalities? Gogs Agog? Gog Agogs? Gog Agouse?

2. - Top - End - #422
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

There is one Gog Agog. In multiple bodies.

3. - Top - End - #423
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    There is one Gog Agog. In multiple bodies.
    Now, if they weren't fully a hive mind, would they be agog to find out what the other Gog Agogs are agog about?
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

4. - Top - End - #424
    Titan in the Playground

Alright this does make Gog-Agog take a nice jump upwards in my threat estimates.
    If it can do this then it likely has multiple functional bodies, and not just the ability to jump from host to host like i originally though.

Its also likely just about impossible to kill then.
    By anything short of some sort of transcendent attack.
    One that bypass the body and hits the soul/mind. But we dont know if any of the demi-urges can do stuff like that.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #425
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    Now, if they weren't fully a hive mind, would they be agog to find out what the other Gog Agogs are agog about?
    Plural of Gog Agog is gogA gog

6. - Top - End - #426
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

So, if the Circle of Strength takes place once every thousand turns(each turn being ~3 years), and this is the 313th tournament, then its been roughly over 939,000 years since the Seven slew their rivals and divided the Wheel between each other, assuming Salami Dave held the first Circle within the first millennium of his reign.
    Last edited by Hamsandlich; 2019-07-27 at 09:35 PM.

7. - Top - End - #427
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hamsandlich View Post
    So, if the Circle of Strength takes place once every thousand turns(each turn being ~3 years), and this is the 313th tournament, then its been roughly over 939,000 years since the Seven slew their rivals and divided the Wheel between each other, assuming Salami Dave held the first Circle within the first millennium of his reign.
    You've misread a little- when Abaddon said
    Quote Originally Posted by Abaddon
    "The contest only occurs every thousand Turns (rotations of the multiverse around Throne), which is a little more than three years..."
    they meant that one thousand turns takes place over that slightly-more-than-three-year-span. Which would mean that the Circle of Strength was begun a little over 900 years ago, which lines up with what the Apprentice says to Maya- if she were alive during the Universal War, she'd be hundreds of years old, rather than almost one million years of age. So if the Circle of Strength has been running since nearly the beginning of the Celestial Empire, allowing for some time for Solomon to make it stable enough to desire to pass on his power, the Universal War was about a thousand years ago from current comic time.
    Hazama avatar by me. Other avatars that I've made:
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

8. - Top - End - #428
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    they meant that one thousand turns takes place over that slightly-more-than-three-year-span. Which would mean that the Circle of Strength was begun a little over 900 years ago, which lines up with what the Apprentice says to Maya- if she were alive during the Universal War, she'd be hundreds of years old, rather than almost one million years of age. So if the Circle of Strength has been running since nearly the beginning of the Celestial Empire, allowing for some time for Solomon to make it stable enough to desire to pass on his power, the Universal War was about a thousand years ago from current comic time.
    From this we can tell that a Turn lasts a little longer than day. For example, with a turn lasting 27 hours, you'd get 1125 days to a thousand turns, which is about three years and a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

9. - Top - End - #429
    Ettin in the Playground

Griffon

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Gnoll View Post
    The statement is odd in that 1,000 days is actually less than 3 years.
    The end of what Son? The story? There is no end. There's just the point where the storytellers stop talking.

10. - Top - End - #430
    Titan in the Playground

So, if we count Jagganoth as a tool of Metatron, then i actually think Gog-Agog is the 2nd biggest current thread in creation.

11. - Top - End - #431
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oh boy! Powerlevels in different categories. One or more of the testers noticed something with that last category score.

12. - Top - End - #432
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default K6BD II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning threads.

We know that the demiurges know about Allison.

My theory is that Gog-Agog and Solomon are conspiring here, against Allison. They are going to feed her the 108 followers, piecemeal. Then let her fight Solitude Dave.

How else would Goggie be able to "rig" the games, except with Solomon's collaboration.

I think their end goals may be different (Goggie wants to see and host the coolest fighting games since Dragonball, just to be delightfully entertained. Solomon will want to whittle Allison down, then set her against Zaid so that he may take 'his' power off of her.
    The pretext of inheriting Solomon's realm is also true, but a side-goal this time. At least according to this speculation/theory.

13. - Top - End - #433
    Titan in the Playground

We know that the demiurges know about Allison.

My theory is that Gog-Agog and Solomon are conspiring here, against Allison. They are going to feed her the 108 followers, piecemeal. Then let her fight Solitude Dave.

How else would Goggie be able to "rig" the games, except with Solomon's collaboration.

I think their end goals may be different (Goggie wants to see and host the coolest fighting games since Dragonball, just to be delightfully entertained. Solomon will want to whittle Allison down, then set her against Zaid so that he may take 'his' power off of her.
    The pretext of inheriting Solomon's realm is also true, but a side-goal this time. At least according to this speculation/theory.
    ... seriously.. ?
    Why on earth would they conspire about anything?
    Also, Solomon David is the demi-urge hosting the event. No idea whom Solitude Dave is.

Anyway, this theory makes no sense. Allison cant beat a trained devil alone.
    She has absolutely no chance against any demi-urge in a serious fight. Solomon dont have any reason to whittle her down.
    And if Solomon wanted more power, then its hardly likely he would be trying so hard to hand over his empire.
    If he just wanted a big tournament he could settle prize of a billion dollar or so.

14. - Top - End - #434

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    ... seriously.. ?
    Why on earth would they conspire about anything?
    Why would two demiurges conspire about anything! Seriously, yes. Conspiring is the only activity demiurges do together when not fighting. In groups of five, of two and of six.

Anyway, this theory makes no sense. Allison cant beat a trained devil alone.
    She has absolutely no chance against any demi-urge in a serious fight. Solomon dont have any reason to whittle her down.
    And if Solomon wanted more power, then its hardly likely he would be trying so hard to hand over his empire.
    If he just wanted a big tournament he could settle prize of a billion dollar or so.
    Allison is currently partaking in the tournament to find her friend Zaid, and the very plot line depends on her being able to draw blood from Solomon. She needs to face him eventually, if that plot point is played straight.

But if Dave and Goggie manage to place Zaid in the tournament as well, so that he can search her power in the penultimate fight before facing Solomon, then Zaid would depend on a whittled-down Allison.

Though, I stated it's just a speculative theory. K6BD regularly surprises me.

15. - Top - End - #435
    Titan in the Playground

Why would two demiurges conspire about anything! Seriously, yes. Conspiring is the only activity demiurges do together when not fighting. In groups of five, of two and of six.
    Fair enough, i should have been more specific then, and said conspire about this where they seemingly dont have any common ground, and dont need to conspire.

Allison is currently partaking in the tournament to find her friend Zaid, and the very plot line depends on her being able to draw blood from Solomon. She needs to face him eventually, if that plot point is played straight.

But if Dave and Goggie manage to place Zaid in the tournament as well, so that he can search her power in the penultimate fight before facing Solomon, then Zaid would depend on a whittled-down Allison.

Though, I stated it's just a speculative theory. K6BD regularly surprises me.
    And im just saying, this one does not make any sort of sense.
    Its not something they need to do any conspiring for. If SD want Allison to face Zach, then all he has to do is tell a official when those two will fight.
    But i cant see any sort of reason for why SD would want to set that up, or anything he would gain from it.

16. - Top - End - #436

Beholder

Currently, I would assume that Solomon doesn't know that Allison takes part in the tournament. Gog-agog has manipulated Allison in joining, and I don't think she has told Solomon about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

17. - Top - End - #437
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah thats suposedly the official story.
    And the one that makes the most sense.
    I do find it more likely that the demi-urges are plotting against one another.

18. - Top - End - #438

Beholder

Yeah thats suposedly the official story.
    And the one that makes the most sense.
    I do find it more likely that the demi-urges are plotting against one another.
    And lets be honest, Gog-agog would totally hide that Alison is in the tournament just to see the look on Solomon's face when he finds out.
    The British conquered the world in search of spices and then decided to use none of them.

19. - Top - End - #439
    Titan in the Playground

Hmm.. i do think your attributing far to benevolent motivation to it.
    We are talking about something that blew up a human just to make a flashy entrance.
    But i also think its clear that its not ½ the idiot it pretends to be.
    Thats just a ruse that makes the remaining demi-urges take it less seriously.

20. - Top - End - #440
    Ogre in the Playground

Is it just me, or are faces in the last two panels especially derpy?

21. - Top - End - #441
    Titan in the Playground

No. Its not just you.
    Well.. the artist is clearly experimenting with perspective.
    I wont complain. Just pretend i didnt see anything.

22. - Top - End - #442
    Ogre in the Playground

New one is up. Oof.

23. - Top - End - #443
    Titan in the Playground

Wow.. thats a nasty trick.
    Got to hand it to the old goat there. He did not get old though luck alone.

24. - Top - End - #444

Beholder

That is one brutal trick, no wonder he has been one of the unofficial leaders of the parade of fools so far.

Hmm.. i do think your attributing far to benevolent motivation to it.
    We are talking about something that blew up a human just to make a flashy entrance.
    But i also think its clear that its not ½ the idiot it pretends to be.
    Thats just a ruse that makes the remaining demi-urges take it less seriously.
    Oh, certainly her final plan is something akin full assimliation of the multiverse into the worms collective or something and that sowing chaos in Solomon's empire is useful to her. Its just that I suspect that getting a surprised look on Solomon's face is something that she would enjoy.

25. - Top - End - #445
    Titan in the Playground

So, at last reality managed to get though Allisons stupidly thick skull in the only way possible.
    Though brute force.
    The scary thing is of course then that the guy is just a B+ on a scale that goes all the way up to SS+.

26. - Top - End - #446
    Troll in the Playground

So, at last reality managed to get though Allisons stupidly thick skull in the only way possible.
    Though brute force.
    The scary thing is of course then that the guy is just a B+ on a scale that goes all the way up to SS+.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I get the feeling Allisons stupidly thick skull is exactly what will get her out of this mess.

27. - Top - End - #447
    Titan in the Playground

Least it can do after getting her this deep into it

28. - Top - End - #448
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

That was an extremely satisfying end to the bout. I was expecting a return of the literal Deus ex Machina head-butt, but the callback to her tutelage under White Chain made me smile.

Yes, her cover (snicker*) was blown but I surmise that SD was already aware of her presence. Although, now he’s going to have to confront her.

29. - Top - End - #449
    Titan in the Playground

He is as such not going to have to do anything.
    part of what it means to be a demi-urge is that there isnt anyone around who can really force you to do something you dont want to do.
    Well besides another demi-urge.

So SD can really just pretend he didnt know. Didnt notice. Or dont really care since Allison isnt breaking any rules.

30. - Top - End - #450

Default K6BD II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning threads.

I agree, SD doesn't have to react. And he'd be a poor demiurge if he hasn't noticed.

He might suspect foul play from other demiurges: Like, a super-powered agent from Incubus or a fighter instance of Gog-Agog, or an emissary from one of the other urges. I say he would suspect the others, if he didn't know about Allison; but of course, he knows she is around, so what's obvious is obvious.

I wonder if that TV appearance is something he planned with Gog-Agog. After all, Allison received the visual just in the right moment.

Also GNN-TV in a K6BD other-world. I knew there are screens around, and lots of other modern machines, but they always looked klunky and/or like relicts. Not purposefully, seamlessly integrated into a designed environment.