New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243 LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1269
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

Well the latest page is a but grimdark even by K6BD standards!

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Kill6BillionDemons II: The Successor's coming will be followed by 108 burning thr

That's not Grimdark, that's just unpleasantly dark.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

An update! With a significant cliffhanger; glad we got this one after the author went on vacation.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Yeah thats pretty extreme xD
    Someone's really going for sink&swim.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Barbarian in the Playground

She'll be OK.

Maybe.
    GO FOR THE EYES, BOO!!!

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    She'll be OK.
    Oh, we know she'll be fine.

She just needs a moment to pull herself back together.
    May you get EXACTLY what you wish for.

7. - Top - End - #1177

Quote Originally Posted by wingnutx View Post
    She'll be OK.

Maybe.
    Of course Alice will be alright. I don't think the author is the type to kill the lead off, then have Zoss go "Well, crap. That didn't work. Let's try again!"

Unless it's time to milk this web comic to the ground!
    Don't know your name but bring the pain.

8. - Top - End - #1178
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

So, Allison lives. But Maya's last lines feel pretty threatening.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thales View Post
    I think because Maya was there once, and knows where this leads, or at least one probable outcome of it. She sees Allison has the capability to make the same mistakes Maya did. Be the big boss, rule the universe, sure. But does that -solve- anything? Does that make you happy? Or is Allison going to follow the rest of Maya's example - go back to her mentor eventually and realize it's all fundamentally pointless and experience a horrible ego crisis?

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thales View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Or is Allison going to follow the rest of Maya's example
    That was the previous test. Maya wouldn't have even told her the story if she thought Allison would follow that same path.

Allison's forging her own path. And she's learning the path to the power she needs.
    Namely... that her desire to stop Jagganoth exceeds HIS desire to end the cycle and doom the wheel.

She doesn't want to do anything with the power save that.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    That was the previous test. Maya wouldn't have even told her the story if she thought Allison would follow that same path.

Allison's forging her own path. And she's learning the path to the power she needs.
    Namely... that her desire to stop Jagganoth exceeds HIS desire to end the cycle and doom the wheel.

She doesn't want to do anything with the power save that.
    Jagganoth wanting to end the cycle and make the world a better place is quite the noble idea. He is just pretty impatient at explaining it and not killing people along the way.

12. - Top - End - #1182

Quote Originally Posted by Rydiro View Post
    Jagganoth wanting to end the cycle and make the world a better place is quite the noble idea. He is just pretty impatient at explaining it and not killing people along the way.
    ... yes... killing all of existence is truly noble. /sarcasm

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Barbarian in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Well, you know, can't rewrite the fundamental laws of the universe without breaking an egg or two. Or trillion.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Lurkmoar View Post
    Then again, Zoss seems to do exactly that on a regular basis.
    Jagganoth has explicitly distanced himself from wanting to kill everyone. He just wants to build a new world (details conveniently left unclear).

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Titan in the Playground

Jagganoth has explicitly distanced himself from wanting to kill everyone. He just wants to build a new world (details conveniently left unclear).
    Jagganoth doesn't have to kill everyone, they are Already Dead. He's just .. causing a state change from dead inside a flesh cage to dead and not inside a flesh cage. No real difference in his particularly fatalistic philosophy (those who disagree with him just Don't Understand, but it doesn't really matter anyways, because Already Dead.)

16. - Top - End - #1186

It's an insane universe, since all the players keep doing the same thing over and over, hoping for a different result.

Edit: Except for maybe Alison, since it's her first ride on the Wheel. Now that I think of it, I wonder if Maya trained the other potential candidates.
    Last edited by Lurkmoar; 2023-06-22 at 05:28 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Doesn't Zoss pick a different person everytime? They had a comic showing all the previous chosen and there where different species and everything. (I know Alice wasn't who he picked this time but I don't think Zaid has ever been picked before either.)

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    Doesn't Zoss pick a different person everytime? They had a comic showing all the previous chosen and there where different species and everything. (I know Alice wasn't who he picked this time but I don't think Zaid has ever been picked before either.)
    It doesn't matter who he picks. They always have the same qualities. Courageous to a fault, idealistic, gullible. They get led down the path Zoss wants, triumphs, goes to take the seat of Heaven... and it all resets. IIRC, Jaggy believes there are some things that happen in the interim, but nobody remembers those details.

Ah, had time to remember and look up the page in question
    Last edited by sihnfahl; 2023-06-23 at 10:54 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1189

New pages up.

Alison speaks sense.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Troll in the Playground

The new KSBD page kinda reminds me that last page's cool "I'm not dying today" bit was less cool than it was - Alice knows she dies in 35 years. She knows from exp, that Jadis is always right (about facts, if not about motivation or choice) so she knows that as a fact. So she knew that the Maybe Sword wouldn't kill her that time.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by mystic1110 View Post
    The new KSBD page kinda reminds me that last page's cool "I'm not dying today" bit was less cool than it was - Alice knows she dies in 35 years. She knows from exp, that Jadis is always right (about facts, if not about motivation or choice) so she knows that as a fact. So she knew that the Maybe Sword wouldn't kill her that time.
    It also tells her that she's going to beat Jagganoth. One, or the other, will force a final confrontation far before then.

It also tells her she can be as reckless as she wants. No matter what she does, she's going to survive it.

22. - Top - End - #1192
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gez View Post
    My guess would be something along the line of, "and then?"...
    Turns out it was "what then?".
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Roamer View Post
    I think he did the only morally acceptable thing by killing everyone.
    Hark! An avatar drawn by Kate Beaton!

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

Possibly a pretty big jerk move to spoiler such a major thing.
    In a comic thats basically just out.

Its an even bigger jerk move when its just done to blow your own trumpet.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Orc in the Playground

Kobold

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    I think it usually is Zaid every time (just with different outfits). I thought the Zoss is Zaid thing was stupid before, but the evidence is mounting. See also last title drop by Zaid instead of Zoss, looking awfully similar.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Possibly a pretty big jerk move to spoiler such a major thing.
    In a comic thats basically just out.
    It's not a big thing. It's what they are talking about + speculation.

26. - Top - End - #1196
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
    It's not a big thing. It's what they are talking about + speculation.
    Its a while since it was talked about. And it spoils a major comic revelation.
    I would have been royally pissed had i not read the comic first myself.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Dwarf in the Playground

PaladinGuy

82 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil Is looking fierce. Is she in charge of the Celestial Empire because of the tournament. So very interested in what has happened in the time skip.

28. - Top - End - #1198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tearcamel View Post
    Is she in charge of the Celestial Empire because of the tournament.
    It seems unlikely that the head of state of the Celestial Republic would be hanging around in their embassy in Throne.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tearcamel View Post
    82 White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil Is looking fierce. Is she in charge of the Celestial Empire because of the tournament. So very interested in what has happened in the time skip.
    It appears that Salami bequeathed his Key upon her. He did his best against Jaggy and ... it wasn't enough. White Chain, Cio and Allison combined were able to slow him down ... for a minute. Which even he didn't manage to do. He was a speedbump.

He probably realized he stagnated. He was so sure in the techniques he had killed for, that he never thought what would happen if he faced an opponent who could ignore those techniques.

Then, of course, there were the injustices weak men did in his name.

30. - Top - End - #1200
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by sihnfahl View Post
    He did his best against Jaggy and ... it wasn't enough. White Chain, Cio and Allison combined were able to slow him down ... for a minute. Which even he didn't manage to do. He was a speedbump.
    I wouldn't say Solomon David was a speedbump. After all, Jagganoth is still trapped in the Technique of Relief.
    I made a webcomic, featuring absurdity, terrible art, and alleged morals.