New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 33 of 50 FirstFirst ... 8232425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #961
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    ****Asking the Salubri if she can navigate through the Warp, even if our Vampire game is set in a time when 40k has already been published, is just rude.
    ***** Asking the True Brujah if they can use ZA WARUDO is also frowned upon.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

2. - Top - End - #962
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I don’t get it.
    In 40k, Navigators have a third eye on their forehead which allows them (amongst other things) to navigate through the Warp. If you're playing Vampire set in any time after the 80s, it's completely possible for your character to have played 40k.
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

3. - Top - End - #963
    Ettin in the Playground

In 40k, Navigators have a third eye on their forehead which allows them (amongst other things) to navigate through the Warp. If you're playing Vampire set in any time after the 80s, it's completely possible for your character to have played 40k.
    There is conversion rules for converting 40k characters to vampire ones somehow????
    Should I go play a techpriest and stab vampires with metal and not admit that wood is superior for that?
    Last edited by noob; 2020-11-12 at 06:00 AM.

4. - Top - End - #964
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair, the Salubri would need to have reached the second level of Valeren to get their third eye, and non-Sabbat Salubri who do that are being really dumb. In Cainite terms the third eye is unique to the Salubri, is uncomfortable to hide, and it doesn't do much to improve your survivability. Which is all bad when you're being hunted down because people think that you're soul-sucking demon kin.

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    There is conversion rules for converting 40k characters to vampire ones somehow????
    Should I go play a techpriest and stab vampires with metal and not admit that wood is superior for that?
    No, but 40k can easily be referenced in Vampire. It's equivalent to me asking a priest to cure wounds IRL.

Although I believe one version had rules for going cyberpunk, I have no idea if those were official or fanmade.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

5. - Top - End - #965
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Default A Thousand-Yard Stare is Permission

*I am not to refer to vampire hunting as "free range archaeology".
    **If we are being ordered to investigate a necropolis that is a few centuries old and are being paid half up front; that doesn't mean we are legitimate archaeologists this time around.
    ***We weren't archaeologists to begin with.
    A fundamental truth about existence: All is to be laughed at.

Lawful Evil with Chaotic Good tendencies. Have fun figuring that out.

How to deal with Slowbro in Gen 1:
    1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

Quote Originally Posted by Man_Over_Game View Post
    Well, that makes you Dr. Robotnik. So...yeah?

6. - Top - End - #966

*I may not bypass the penalties for an abysmal MA score by killing a prisoner and then using Commune with Spirit psychic power to ask it questions

*I may not assign alignment-shifting 'jobs' to NPCs
    ** Paraphrasing the Godfather about NPCs being animals who can lose their souls is right out

* In the bowels of the enemy pyramid I may not ask to be shown the OFF switch
    **Reciting Mumra's "Ancient Spirits of Evil" mantra asks for a ZOT

*Wrist blades are a privilege that can be lost.
    **They do not give a closer shave
    *** The lead blade does not lift the enemy's head so the second blade can cut it off smoother
    Empyreal Lord of the Elysian Realm of Well-Intentioned Fail

7. - Top - End - #967
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheYell View Post
    *Wrist blades are a privilege that can be lost.
    How did you lose your wrist blade privilege?
    Was it by mounting a bayonet on your wrist blade as it seems suggested by
    *** The lead blade does not lift the enemy's head so the second blade can cut it off smoother
    ?
    Last edited by noob; 2020-11-13 at 12:10 PM.

8. - Top - End - #968

Quote Originally Posted by Laughing Dog View Post
    You just made me make a noise out loud.

* Male mummies aren't called Daddies.

* Transgender Awareness Week doesn't give the Nosferatu's retainer a -2 difficulty on his rolls to sense supernatural, even if he was assigned female at birth.
    ** Nor does it give everyone else a -2 difficulty to know he's a Hedge Mage.
    *** Because by that logic, only one of the party would be allowed to use Obfuscate during Bisexual Visibility Month.
    Last edited by Socksy; 2020-11-13 at 03:06 PM.
    Show

All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    So.. Keep the bard?
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.

9. - Top - End - #969
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

You just made me make a noise out loud.

Unrelated:
    *The traditional Satyrian Warcry is not "Party Hard!"
    **My goal for a campaign shouldn't be to become a dwarven lord and lead an army of 57 other dwarves to annihilate everything in my path.
    ***Having a flying fortress is acceptable. Having a Warforged Wizard Awaken it isn't.
    ****Living happily ever after involves more than throwing a giant party that spans the entire plane.
    *****Killing a cat and bringing it back from the dead is not a method to create a giant zombie horde.
    ******I am to stop attempting to recreate my MtG decks in the campaigns.
    Last edited by Laughing Dog; 2020-11-14 at 09:51 PM. Reason: typo

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

10. - Top - End - #970
    Colossus in the Playground

I may not paraphrase Nickelback songs in-character as part of a monolog.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2020-11-14 at 10:23 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #971
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

* When playing a Naruto d20 one-shot, spending all of my starting capital on shuriken and trying to solve literally every problem with them may be frowned upon.

** When an examinator asks me exactly how many shuriken I am carrying, I cannot just answer "yes".

*** Throwing deadly weapons at rival students during an exam because it's "efficient" isn't "solving a problem"

**** No matter how capable I am with them, throwing shuriken non-lethally doesn't quite work as well

***** Putting all your shuriken in a bag to use as a non-lethal bludgeoning weapon is original, but may make you DM consider what led him to this point in life

****** Calculating the weight of said bag, climbing high up and dropping it on enemies for massive "non-lethal" damage may induce a mild meltdown

******* Answering a party member asking you whether you can do anything non-shuriken related with "Shure-I-can" after all this is equally hilarious and mentally scarring, apparently
    Last edited by Taevyr; 2020-11-14 at 11:25 PM.

12. - Top - End - #972
    Orc in the Playground

Flumph

* It is fine for my warforged druid to integrate leather armor
    ** It is fine for my warforged druid to want to be alive
    *** It is not fine for my warforged druid to make leather armor from the skin of his enemies so he can experience what it feels like to have skin

* Winter clothing can be used to disguise three kobolds as a human
    ** Winter clothing can not be used to disguise a million spiders as a swarm ranger

13. - Top - End - #973
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I may not paraphrase Nickelback songs in-character as part of a monolog.
    Behold the engraving. Why are our eyes clouded with rage, and what manner of helmetry does Joedr wear?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

14. - Top - End - #974
    Troll in the Playground

* Punching a gnoll as a last resort is fine, but when you're a rogue it's not a great first resort.

Disclaimer: In the end, I got inspiration.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

15. - Top - End - #975
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BisectedBrioche View Post
    * Punching a gnoll as a last resort is fine, but when you're a rogue it's not a great first resort.

Disclaimer: In the end, I got inspiration.
    I'm pretty sure most classes called "rogues" gain significant bonuses if they punch first.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

16. - Top - End - #976
    Ettin in the Playground

Unrelated:
    **My goal for a campaign shouldn't be to become a dwarven lord and lead an army of 57 other dwarves to annihilate everything in my path.
    ***Having a flying fortress is acceptable. Having a Warforged Wizard Awaken it isn't.
    ****Living happily ever after involves more than throwing a giant party that spans the entire plane.
    *****Killing a cat and bringing it back from the dead is not a method to create a giant zombie horde.
    **** The warforged wizard will not change their name to karn even if you ask them politely.
    ****** It does work if you use clone but it is frowned upon and ridiculously expensive.
    ****** No you should not use ignore material components in order to make clones for free to make a "cheap zombie cat horde"
    Last edited by noob; 2020-11-15 at 06:55 AM.

17. - Top - End - #977
    Titan in the Playground

* It doesn't matter if it has no listed weight, I cannot carry a castle.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

18. - Top - End - #978

Unrelated:
    You have Karn animate Parhelion II?
    Why am I not doing that?
    Also, who are the other 49 dwarves?
    Stop using good evidence and logic that makes sense to refute points, that's my job
    Lots of people seem to use blue for sarcasm, I decided I should too
    Quote Originally Posted by nabcif View Post
    Nitpick: I believe you'll find that only our heads explode. Page 43 of Book of Pedantic Forumites, if memory serves.
    I have joined the ranks of the FFRPeople Here is my character.

Thank you to Linkele for creating my avatar!

19. - Top - End - #979
    Orc in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Personification View Post
    You have Karn animate Parhelion II?
    Why am I not doing that?
    Also, who are the other 49 dwarves?
    Because that deck is well out of standard?

I count each instance of seven dwarves as seven (as there actually are seven in each picture). Four tokens from dwarven mines and four Rimrock knights round out the fifty seven.
    Last edited by Laughing Dog; 2020-11-15 at 07:03 PM. Reason: typo

1. Mewtwo
    2. there is no #2.

20. - Top - End - #980
    Troll in the Playground

I'm pretty sure most classes called "rogues" gain significant bonuses if they punch first.
    This a) wasn't first and b) wasn't with a weapon or advantage (so no sneak attack bonus, just my str modifier).
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

21. - Top - End - #981
    Titan in the Playground

This a) wasn't first and b) wasn't with a weapon or advantage (so no sneak attack bonus, just my str modifier).
    Lemme guess, 5e?

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

22. - Top - End - #982

* May not base any Kindred on any Gilbert and Sullivan character.

** Even if The Mikado is about what happens when the Prince's childe wants to run off with a Toreador neonate, even though he's pledged to the Sheriff, a powerful Nosferatu.
    Show

So.. Keep the bard?

23. - Top - End - #983
    Titan in the Playground

* May not base any Kindred on any Gilbert and Sullivan character.

** Even if The Mikado is about what happens when the Prince's childe wants to run off with a Toreador neonate, even though he's pledged to the Sheriff, a powerful Nosferatu.
    *** There is no 'Primogen of everybody else'.

Show

24. - Top - End - #984
    Troll in the Playground

Lemme guess, 5e?
    Good guess

25. - Top - End - #985
    Colossus in the Playground

*I cannot base my characters on Starbomb songs.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #986

HalflingRogueGirl

**Submitting links to songs is in no way a substitute for writing a backstory, even if it perfectly encapsulates the character.
    All advice given with the caveat that you know your group better than I do. If that wasn't true, you'd be getting advice face-to-face. So I generalize.

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    are you asking us to do research into a setting you wrote yourself?

27. - Top - End - #987
    Titan in the Playground

Well first I’m gonna warp you into a world of hate and war/where you’ll be forced to assault everyone you’ve known and loved before

Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #988
    Troll in the Playground

My character's basically the fanon version of Samus (with a bit of tweaking and additions to make something more original). My DM is powerless to stop me at this point.
    Last edited by BisectedBrioche; 2020-11-18 at 07:21 AM.

29. - Top - End - #989

* Doesn't matter what you just rolled on that Conscience check, if you're in the Sabbat, you frequently kill, you murdered a delivery driver to flesh-shape into her identity, and you wear a still-living jacket made out of people, your Humanity should not still be 10.
    Show

So.. Keep the bard?

30. - Top - End - #990
    Titan in the Playground

My character's basically the fanon version of Samus (with a bit of tweaking and additions to make something more original). My DM is powerless to stop me at this point.
    ...And today I learned that they did a 3D animation for that one. I think the lyrics are a bit different though.

Also can you elaborate on "fanon Samus"?

Extended sig here.