New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 36 of 50 FirstFirst ... 11262728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,080 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1051
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    ****** If without the emperor god of mankind humanity steamrolls all the rest of the universe, never have chaos god worshippers problems due to the old religions still being here and being way less repulsive (who wants to worship the horrible god that tells you to kill violently people? very few) and that the world is overall a good place for humans I may not say "this looks good I hope the time travelling inquisition order does not comes" because it will summon them definitively.
    *******If I or any of my characters reference Monty Python, I can't complain if the DM comes down on me like a ton of bricks.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

2. - Top - End - #1052
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    *******If I or any of my characters reference Monty Python, I can't complain if the DM comes down on me like a ton of bricks.
    It was not a monty python reference: there is actual time inquisitors in the warhammer 40k universe and killing their god is probably the most sure way to make them go on the offensive.
    Last edited by noob; 2021-01-06 at 02:00 PM.

3. - Top - End - #1053
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by noob View Post
    It was not a monty python reference: there is actual time inquisitors in the warhammer 40k universe and killing their god is probably the most sure way to make them go on the offensive.
    Didn't that Ordo vanish like two millennia ago?
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

4. - Top - End - #1054
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    What part of "Time Inquisitor" makes you think that they would let a little thing like that worry them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

5. - Top - End - #1055
    Pixie in the Playground

According to the fandom wiki they're back:

However, by the time of the early 42nd Millennium, the Ordo Chronos was known to be active once more, having either been reconstituted with a new membership or having returned from wherever it had gone.

6. - Top - End - #1056
    Dwarf in the Playground

* Naming my sword Diplomacy does not mean that attack rolls made with it are diplomacy checks
    ** I definitely cannot increase my attack modifier with bonuses to diplomacy checks.

7. - Top - End - #1057
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    What part of "Time Inquisitor" makes you think that they would let a little thing like that worry them.
    The part where they're against messing with the timeline.

Show
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?

8. - Top - End - #1058
    Colossus in the Playground

*A Prince or Princess of the Queen of Brass must be a source of shameless fanservice and lewd jokes. They cannot be a serious discussion of the harm of needless shame, excessive modesty, or needlessly lying to yourself or others.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #1059
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *A Prince or Princess of the Queen of Brass must be a source of shameless fanservice and lewd jokes. They cannot be a serious discussion of the harm of needless shame, excessive modesty, or needlessly lying to yourself or others.
    I'm not entirely sure where those are from.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

10. - Top - End - #1060

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I'm not entirely sure where those are from.
    Princess the Hopeful is a Fan-Made Chronicles of Darkness game... Basically, you're a MAgical Girl(or Magical Boy, Princess is the default term but anyone can be a Noble.)

Its themes are maintaining hope when it seems hopeless and bringing a Light to the Darkness.

It draws collectively not only on various Magical Girl series(Everything from Sally the Witch and Sailor Moon to Card Captors and Nonaha to Madoka and Sailor Nothing) but also various "girls Underground" stories(Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland The Wizard of Oz, Coraline) and even a little bit of Spider-Man(Teen/young adult hero with relatable problems is a vis his mundane life that bleeds into his social life.)

Most Princesses swear to a Queen(of King), who is a Princess who has achieved peak Princesses, essentially, and created a new power based on their ideals and can share it with others: By default, Princesses use the 'element' of Light, which is both literal light and the concept of hope, but the queens have their own elements in addition and a Princess who is part of the "Nation" of a Queen has an easier time learning their Queen's element.

There are eight in the core book: Five Raidnt Queens called the Queens of Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts, Spades, and Swords. They respectively embody the ideals of naturism, intellect, duty, fun, and love and wield the classical elements and Three Twilight Queens who, many years ago, out of desperation comprised their own ideals and became their antithesis: Storms is an embodiment of pure hatred whose element is essentially pure destruction, Tears gave into despair and started using the Dark Arts to protect herself at the expense of everyone else, and Mirrors panicked at her responsibility and catches younger princesses and convinced them that they're the chosen one and whose power is essentially reflections and selfishness.

However, it is explicitly stated that there are other Queens besides these eight and there are several officially, or well, as official, as it gets in a Fangame, Kings, and Queens, made by fans of this fan line.

The Queen of Brass draws significantly on Kill La Kill, a pseudo-magical girl series best described as "Gurren Lagan but with clothes instead of robots and scissors instead of drills," which...

The outfits are skimpy and there's a lot of (non-explicit) nudity, but if you're watching it to be titillated you're gonna be disappointed.

It used the tendency to show skin as a metaphor for confidence, lack of shame or anxiety, and honesty.

Likewise, the Princesses of the Queen of Brass tend to emphasize being honest with yourself or others and not letting the judgment of others change who you are. They also have a tendency o have magical girl outfits that do not have more fabric than is necessary to completly cover their body(not counting armor or weapons) and a marked tendency to not be ashamed of showing skin(though, not impractically so--they don't run around naked or anything, and the Queen Proper is described as being either business casual or dressy casual.)

I'm sure you can understand how this requires a mature table to convey properly.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1061
    Titan in the Playground

Princess the Hopeful is a Fan-Made Chronicles of Darkness game... Basically, you're a MAgical Girl(or Magical Boy, Princess is the default term but anyone can be a Noble.)

Its themes are maintaining hope when it seems hopeless and bringing a Light to the Darkness.

It draws collectively not only on various Magical Girl series(Everything from Sally the Witch and Sailor Moon to Card Captors and Nonaha to Madoka and Sailor Nothing) but also various "girls Underground" stories(Peter Pan, Alice in Wonderland The Wizard of Oz, Coraline) and even a little bit of Spider-Man(Teen/young adult hero with relatable problems is a vis his mundane life that bleeds into his social life.)

Most Princesses swear to a Queen(of King), who is a Princess who has achieved peak Princesses, essentially, and created a new power based on their ideals and can share it with others: By default, Princesses use the 'element' of Light, which is both literal light and the concept of hope, but the queens have their own elements in addition and a Princess who is part of the "Nation" of a Queen has an easier time learning their Queen's element.

There are eight in the core book: Five Raidnt Queens called the Queens of Clubs, Diamonds, Hearts, Spades, and Swords. They respectively embody the ideals of naturism, intellect, duty, fun, and love and wield the classical elements and Three Twilight Queens who, many years ago, out of desperation comprised their own ideals and became their antithesis: Storms is an embodiment of pure hatred whose element is essentially pure destruction, Tears gave into despair and started using the Dark Arts to protect herself at the expense of everyone else, and Mirrors panicked at her responsibility and catches younger princesses and convinced them that they're the chosen one and whose power is essentially reflections and selfishness.

However, it is explicitly stated that there are other Queens besides these eight and there are several officially, or well, as official, as it gets in a Fangame, Kings, and Queens, made by fans of this fan line.

The Queen of Brass draws significantly on Kill La Kill, a pseudo-magical girl series best described as "Gurren Lagan but with clothes instead of robots and scissors instead of drills," which...

The outfits are skimpy and there's a lot of (non-explicit) nudity, but if you're watching it to be titillated you're gonna be disappointed.

It used the tendency to show skin as a metaphor for confidence, lack of shame or anxiety, and honesty.

Likewise, the Princesses of the Queen of Brass tend to emphasize being honest with yourself or others and not letting the judgment of others change who you are. They also have a tendency o have magical girl outfits that do not have more fabric than is necessary to completly cover their body(not counting armor or weapons) and a marked tendency to not be ashamed of showing skin(though, not impractically so--they don't run around naked or anything, and the Queen Proper is described as being either business casual or dressy casual.)

I'm sure you can understand how this requires a mature table to convey properly.
    Oh yeah, Princess the Hopeful. I read a lot about that on TvTropes a while back. Was wondering if it had to do with that.

Extended sig here.

12. - Top - End - #1062
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tanarii View Post
    *I may no longer flip the card table and yell "He fireballs you!"

*dragon-bud is not an acceptable use of a green dragons plant growth spell

*it doesn't matter how much I declare my halfling is totally not a Kender if I play them like one

*being pulled aside by the DM and told I'm now CE and need to betray the party is not a good excuse to actually do it
    ** especially when it results in a TPK
    *** Being CE does not means I have to betray my party.
    **** Not being CE does not means I have to betray the party too.

13. - Top - End - #1063
    Troll in the Playground

* While it's fine to talk about your ideas for a new character while you're making death saving throws, this shouldn't sound like a threat.
    ** Even if nobody's moving to stabilise you.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

14. - Top - End - #1064
    Bugbear in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Tohron View Post
    * Naming my sword Diplomacy does not mean that attack rolls made with it are diplomacy checks
    ** I definitely cannot increase my attack modifier with bonuses to diplomacy checks.
    Of course not. It has to be a blunt object or an unarmed attack, such as checking with a hockey stick or a body check. Use a club or a monk, name it Diplomacy, and you should be good to go!

15. - Top - End - #1065

*If we are not playing Scion, Exalted, Godbound, or Nobilis, then no matter how many battles I win I cannot be the God of War.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #1066
    Titan in the Playground

*If we are not playing Scion, Exalted, Godbound, or Nobilis, then no matter how many battles I win I cannot be the God of War.
    (We really need to compare notes about all the rpgs and settings we know/have at some point)

** Same rule applies for becoming the Goddess of Love no matter how many people I sleep with consensually.
    *** At once
    **** cannot date the population of an entire city
    ***** or marry an entire nation
    ****** "Myself/The World" is not a valid pairing for shipping purposes.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

17. - Top - End - #1067

* When given the opportunity to become a god, the correct response is not "Meh."

** When so many of the party have achieved apotheosis that your airship is now a deity, you shouldn't somehow still be the most powerful party members while refusing any kind of divine rank.

*** Friggin' wizards, man...

18. - Top - End - #1068
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TeChameleon View Post
    * When given the opportunity to become a god, the correct response is not "Meh."

** When so many of the party have achieved apotheosis that your airship is now a deity, you shouldn't somehow still be the most powerful party members while refusing any kind of divine rank.

*** Friggin' wizards, man...
    It is their fault to not pick alter reality.
    **** You may not outlive your immortal party members through not taking useless risks.
    Last edited by noob; 2021-01-08 at 04:38 AM.

19. - Top - End - #1069
    Titan in the Playground

* I'm no longer allowed to take 'lack of common sense'.
    ** Especially alongside Overconfidence.
    *** Yes, a disadvantage that comes up is a disadvantage, but you don't get points for things you were going to do anyway.

Show

20. - Top - End - #1070
    Titan in the Playground

* may not charge at a dragon with nothing but a sword and courage
    ** If after fighting me for a while the dragon begins flying away from me, may not yell "COME BACK HERE YOU COWARD!!" and immediately begin pursuing
    *** Cannot show up at the dragon's sleeping place alone and go "Now fight fairly you big lizard! Give it everything you got!" while already being half-dead.
    **** May not somehow win that fight anyways
    ***** May no longer fight dragons as if I'm playing Monster Hunter: Worlds.

21. - Top - End - #1071

EvilClericGuy

* may not charge at a dragon with nothing but a sword and courage
    ** If after fighting me for a while the dragon begins flying away from me, may not yell "COME BACK HERE YOU COWARD!!" and immediately begin pursuing
    *** Cannot show up at the dragon's sleeping place alone and go "Now fight fairly you big lizard! Give it everything you got!" while already being half-dead.
    **** May not somehow win that fight anyways
    ***** May no longer fight dragons as if I'm playing Monster Hunter: Worlds.
    WHAT KIND OF DM THINKS THIS IS A BAD THING?!

Ahem.

Sorry about that.

That's *EPIC.* The table should be remembering this for decades.

22. - Top - End - #1072
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorr-kan View Post
    WHAT KIND OF DM THINKS THIS IS A BAD THING?!

Ahem.

Sorry about that.

That's *EPIC.* The table should be remembering this for decades.
    I made that one up actually......I don't think all of the things posted in the thread are true, I think some of these are just fun things we wish we could do....

23. - Top - End - #1073
    Titan in the Playground

I made that one up actually......I don't think all of the things posted in the thread are true, I think some of these are just fun things we wish we could do....
    I'll admit to that.

Show

24. - Top - End - #1074

I'll admit to that.
    For example, My bit on playing a Princess of Brass is becuase I'd like to play a Princess of Brass in a Princess the Hopeful game but there are obviously issues with it that means it requires a mature table.

*I can't play a shapeshifting alien chick who talks and acts like a 1930s gangster.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1075

EvilClericGuy

What? How could that BE? Fair enough.

It *was* funny.

26. - Top - End - #1076
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by thorr-kan View Post
    What? How could that BE? Fair enough.

It *was* funny.
    Look I'm just talking about MH Worlds is played: You go find a big beastie often dragon-like in nature thats causing trouble that can kill you in like two or three solid hits, and then you either prep-time batman it if your a pro or like everyone else you just go up to it and hit with your oversized weapon to challenge it to face you fair and square, human to beast against all logic and reason. Then you whack it with your weapon for eons until it decides its scarred of the small human and runs away, then against all logic and reason you pursue after it to repeat that again until it finally escapes back to its nest to try and sleep and recover, then you show up there going "sup bitch". then proceed to kill it in like, its third phase.

* may not do all the above while talking in a bad australian accent and going "croikey".

* I'll probably never get to play my succubus/half succubus dhampir/vampire succubus concept
    ** If I do, it'll probably be the day that Rater gets to play his Princess of Brass concept

27. - Top - End - #1077
    Titan in the Playground

So, if things based on actual experience is allowed...

*If I'm letting the players take flaws, I should remember what they do.

Spoiler: Context
    Show
    We're playing Red Hand of Doom in D&D 3.5e on the forums, and the DM forgot about some of the flaws the other guys took. So the Warblade with the Wild flaw got tagged by a Tanglefoot Bag and was too busy panicking for the last two rounds to actually fight while the Swordsage with the Murky-Eyed flaw got blinded.

*No, even if the party is going with a travelling circus theme, I can't keep referencing the "You are not a clown. You are the entire circus." meme.
    **Or memes in general.

Spoiler: Context
    Show
    I, er. That's actually me, lol. I've been memeing about our fails and the party theme in general.

For example, I made this after I pointed out that the Swordsage had Murky-Eyed and the DM realized that after checking the character sheet.

Disclaimer: Nobody's actually angry, I just thought the entire situation was hilarious.

Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #1078

* may not do all the above while talking in a bad australian accent and going "croikey".
    * I'll probably never get to play my succubus/half succubus dhampir/vampire succubus concept
    ** If I do, it'll probably be the day that Rater gets to play his Princess of Brass concept
    I don't actually have a concept, I just like the idea of a muscular young woman who likes showing off her fit body in perfectly non-sexual was beating the crap out of monsters or big brutish jerks. It appeals to my sense of aesthetics.

It's the same reason I want to do a Red Sonia inspired Monk in a 5e game.
    Last edited by Rater202; 2021-01-09 at 10:36 PM.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1079
    Titan in the Playground

* Shapeshifting does not eliminate the need for trousers.

* If my character is female trousers are insufficient.
    ** The solution to this is ever more extravagant legwear.
    Spoiler
    Show
    While not from an actual game, I've thrown a few characters passed GMs with different nudity taboos, the most common being women from societies without the barechestedness double standard. Stone GMs allow it, to others trousers/a skirt do not qualify as a full outfit. And yes, occasionally I've gone the other way and had people be stricter than the norm.

And one for a GM I had.

* Can't reveal that Anonymouswizard's character is trans before the game begins.
    ** Especially when we agreed to keep it secret from the other players (I wanted the shocking reveal when my family finally tracked me down).
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-01-10 at 05:16 AM.

30. - Top - End - #1080

* Shapeshifting does not eliminate the need for trousers.
    Boo!

If I can't do the Mystique or Venom thing and just make my body/symbiote look like clothes then what the hell is the point?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks