New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1500
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    *Neither is acid.
    **I don't care how many substances can be turned into solutions using acid, it does not work for problems.
    The Hindsight Awards, results: See the best movies of 1999!

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Things I May No Longer Do While Playing XII: A Thousand-Yard Stare is not Permiss

*Lightning, earthquakes, and blizzards also cannot be used to solve problems.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    *Lightning, earthquakes, and blizzards also cannot be used to solve problems.
    Unless said problem is an intact and populated city.

* I may no longer assume that my players will understand that having a giant gold spaceship makes them news and attracts media attention.
    ** I may no longer assume that the players will understand that there might be some reaction, from someone, somewhere, when the illithid embassy issues a "Thanks for the WMDs" press release to the Sigil Daily News with the PCs names on it.
    *** I may not assume that the players noticed the illithed paid them with majority shares in an interstellar grocery store chain, chairs on the board of a space bulk goods trasport co-op, ownership of a mid-sized pharma company, and rulership over a hemisphere of an agriculture world.
    **** I may not assume that the players even remember that their payment was referred to as "assets that just became superfluous" after five minutes have passed.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixPhyre View Post
    I'm no longer allowed to reason

1. The underdark is a very dangerous place and everything there is trying to kill you.
    2. So is Australia.
    3. Drow live in the underdark.
    Therefore, drow, when they speak common, have thick Aussie accents.
    There was a thread on these forums that devolved completely into Underdark Outback discussion. For the life of me I cannot remember which one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wardog View Post
    Rockphed said it well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Starfall
    When your pants are full of crickets, you don't need mnemonics.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

Now offering unsolicited advice.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Barbarian in the Playground

HalflingWizardGirl

*May not call the red-furred, green-eyed Tabaxi Firestar.

6. - Top - End - #1176

Quote Originally Posted by P. G. Macer View Post
    *May not call the red-furred, green-eyed Tabaxi Firestar.
    Of course, not: Firestar is a redheaded Homo s. superior with the power to start and control fires by generating and manipulating microwave radiation.

*May not deliberately confuse characters with the same name.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

7. - Top - End - #1177

BardGuy

*There are a limited number of situations where reciting Twisted Sister lyrics is appropriate for a medieval bard.
    Now I'm imagining a benefactor trying to pawn a cursed sword off to the heroes of the land as a "reward", and all of you immediately going "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT"

*I can't describe a pit trap filled with acid as an "acid dropping"
    **I can't muse that a base containing a sizable acid-filled trap should, linguistically, combine into a neutral solution

8. - Top - End - #1178

I may not seduce every single rival we come across.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

9. - Top - End - #1179

Quote Originally Posted by Taevyr View Post
    Now I'm imagining a benefactor trying to pawn a cursed sword off to the heroes of the land as a "reward", and all of you immediately going "WE'RE NOT GONNA TAKE IT"

*I can't describe a pit trap filled with acid as an "acid dropping"
    **I can't muse that a base containing a sizable acid-filled trap should, linguistically, combine into a neutral solution
    But if we throw enough acid onto the enemy base it will be neutralized, right?
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

10. - Top - End - #1180

*I can't build a device that focuses all of the heat, kinetic force, radiation, and fallout of a nuclear weapon detonation into a beam with a three-foot diameter if I plan to power it with anything bigger than a Davey crocket.
    **there's no conceivable way that I could set up mass production of Tsar Bombas for the sake of having ammo for this gun.
    ***especially not the hypothetical hundred megaton version.
    ****Not even the stupidest of morons would believe me if I said that the Frack-Up-Everything-In-That-General-Direction-Inator was created for peaceful purposes.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

11. - Top - End - #1181

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    But if we throw enough acid onto the enemy base it will be neutralized, right?
    Honestly kind of sad I didn't think of that one.

And now I need to figure out some arguments in favour of base-neutral-acid as a 3rd alignment axis.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

* May not reverse engineer Waystones without permission.
    ** Especially not in a place where the rivers might be watching.
    *** I should not be openly discussing my plans to crack the system and use it to ground Chaos with them.
    **** When I overload the Waystone network and the world is overrun by gribbly daemon things I will get the blame.
    ***** Especially when the reason I successfully got the engineer's Waystone-powered flamethrower vetoed was 'gribbly demon things'.

The actual system I'm trying to design in-game isn't actually so grand, it's using Jade Wizardry to try to reverse engineer Wood Elf Waystones and come up with some quick-setup ones to reduce the magic level of a region to levels where daemons can't be summoned (and ideally can't maintain their forms, but I'm legitimately worried about overloading the network). The end goal is to make smaller Waystones that can be set up in a combat round as an anti-magic field, and delivered to greater daemons via cannonball. As it is we'll theoretically get the setup time down considerably by next session.

This all started when I decided my Jade Wizard was more of a scientist than a druid, and now I'm wondering if we can stop daemons from manifesting if we add enough Waystones to make the global network form the symbol of Malal, Chaos God of Atheism (and a few other things, such as opposition IIRC).

On that note:
    * Cannot talk about Malal as though they're still an official part of the lore.
    Last edited by Anonymouswizard; 2021-02-06 at 08:48 PM.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    * May not reverse engineer Waystones without permission.
    ** Especially not in a place where the rivers might be watching.
    *** I should not be openly discussing my plans to crack the system and use it to ground Chaos with them.
    **** When I overload the Waystone network and the world is overrun by gribbly daemon things I will get the blame.
    ***** Especially when the reason I successfully got the engineer's Waystone-powered flamethrower vetoed was 'gribbly demon things'.

The actual system I'm trying to design in-game isn't actually so grand, it's using Jade Wizardry to try to reverse engineer Wood Elf Waystones and come up with some quick-setup ones to reduce the magic level of a region to levels where daemons can't be summoned (and ideally can't maintain their forms, but I'm legitimately worried about overloading the network). The end goal is to make smaller Waystones that can be set up in a combat round as an anti-magic field, and delivered to greater daemons via cannonball. As it is we'll theoretically get the setup time down considerably by next session.

This all started when I decided my Jade Wizard was more of a scientist than a druid, and now I'm wondering if we can stop daemons from manifesting if we add enough Waystones to make the global network form the symbol of Malal, Chaos God of Atheism (and a few other things, such as opposition IIRC).

On that note:
    * Cannot talk about Malal as though they're still an official part of the lore.
    A relevant line from If the Emperor of Mankind Had A Text-to-Speech Device:

Quote Originally Posted by Man-Emperor of Mankind
    If there has been an existence as utterly unnecessary as the Dark Eldar's, it probably never existed to begin with.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

14. - Top - End - #1184

I Can't bend reality to retroactively make the Dark Eldar 100% necessary.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Bugbear in the Playground

* If playing an Assamite, must remember that the Daughter of Cacophony is allergic to the Quietus discipline.
    Spoiler: Extended Signature
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Draconium View Post
    All things considered, the guy whose character attacked a gazebo may have actually had a point...
    Quote Originally Posted by Anlashok View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sideswipe View Post
    ban the problem spells and the problem classes. not the whole book.
    So.. Keep the bard?
    Quote Originally Posted by Story View Post
    The only thing worse than a Beholder with an anti-magic cone is a Beholder without the anti-magic cone.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Baaa, I can think! Baaa, I can't see in the dark!

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Socksy View Post
    * If playing an Assamite, must remember that the Daughter of Cacophony is allergic to the Quietus discipline.
    Uh... which game is this?

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Extended sig here.

17. - Top - End - #1187
    Titan in the Playground

Uh... which game is this?
    Vampire the Masquerade. The Assamites are a Clan of vampires from the middle east, originally portrayed as assassins. This was eventually retconed to most kindred only thinking of the warrior caste, with the viziers being scholars and the sorcerers being wizards. Their signature discipline Quietus focuses on making kindred vitae/blood into poison.

Although in the latest edition their official Clan name has become Banu Haqim (which was always what they called themselves), Quietus has been changed into a style of Blood Sorcery, and the sorcerers have been absorbedinto the viziers. Metaplot elements revived from before Revised got cancelled means that a significant portion of the Clan, including Elders, are now in the Camarilla, enough for the Cam to count them as a member Clan (although there's still more members in the Ashirra).

Daughters of Cacophany are vampires with magical siging powers. And might be unable to embrace men.

* Cabbt insist that it's actually pronounced 'Bru-zhah'.
    ** Even if the books agree with me.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    Vampire the Masquerade. The Assamites are a Clan of vampires from the middle east, originally portrayed as assassins. This was eventually retconed to most kindred only thinking of the warrior caste, with the viziers being scholars and the sorcerers being wizards. Their signature discipline Quietus focuses on making kindred vitae/blood into poison.

Although in the latest edition their official Clan name has become Banu Haqim (which was always what they called themselves), Quietus has been changed into a style of Blood Sorcery, and the sorcerers have been absorbedinto the viziers. Metaplot elements revived from before Revised got cancelled means that a significant portion of the Clan, including Elders, are now in the Camarilla, enough for the Cam to count them as a member Clan (although there's still more members in the Ashirra).

Daughters of Cacophany are vampires with magical siging powers. And might be unable to embrace men.

* Cabbt insist that it's actually pronounced 'Bru-zhah'.
    ** Even if the books agree with me.
    I uh, I understood less than half of that I think.

Extended sig here.

19. - Top - End - #1189

I uh, I understood less than half of that I think.
    They are magical vampire assassins who turn vampire blood into poisons and medicine. Daughters of Cacaphony are noisy vampires who hate men. Using the magical vampire blood poison around the singing feminist is bad.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

20. - Top - End - #1190
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rockphed View Post
    They are magical vampire assassins who turn vampire blood into poisons and medicine. Daughters of Cacaphony are noisy vampires who hate men. Using the magical vampire blood poison around the singing feminist is bad.
    Okay, that makes a bit more sense. Was the "vampire blood poison around singing feminist" part a joke or are they really allergic to it?

Extended sig here.

21. - Top - End - #1191

Okay, that makes a bit more sense. Was the "vampire blood poison around singing feminist" part a joke or are they really allergic to it?
    At this point I am as lost as you are.

*The "Incomprehensible" drawback is not cause to only speak French bad swedish clobberdeutsch at the table.
    ** I cannot add my "Gunslinger" bonus to cooking checks.
    *** I cannot take drawbacks with the bonus feat provided by other drawbacks.
    **** A negative bonus to cooking does not mean I heal things I try to cook. It means the food I prepare is poisonous.
    ***** The bard is not "dead weight anyway". Nor will he be in a better place after we eat him.
    Rockphed said it well.
    Dragontar by Serpentine.

22. - Top - End - #1192

*I cannot and must not under any circumstances interpret "cause a distraction" with "ride buck-naked through the town square on the back of a dire boar while singing Hotel California at the top of my lungs."
    **Especially if I'm off-key.
    ***Especially if it was on purpose.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

The Daughters of Cacophony have a discipline based around singing which obviously doesn't pair well with a discipline based on being silent. they do have a clan weakness based on constantly hearing music no one else does but after examination its not really relevant. so technically no they don't have an allergy, but the two don't play well together.

* My True Brujah's name may not be "Dio Brando"
    ** Temporis doesn't give me the right to shout "ZA WARUDO!" every time I do something time related
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2021-02-07 at 04:07 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

24. - Top - End - #1194

*"Ah, that's the next best thing to eating *other pc mentioned by name*" is not a phrase that should ever leave my mouth, mealtime or not.
    **Especially if I've admitted to practicing cannibalism.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ettin in the Playground

* I may not take a mispronunciation of "Hammurabi's code" and start working out an adventure titled "Hammer Rabbi's Code". A mashup of The Davinci Code, random MC Hammer songs, and an old book of Yiddish jokes.

** I may not advertise myself as a "A.L. introductory adventure DM" because most people won't ask what that means.

*** I may not use"A.L." in a D&D context when I mean "Awesome Lunatic".

**** And "introductory adventure" doesn't stand for "introduce you to my Paranoia-in-D&D-clothing adventure".

(But the "DM = delusional maniac" thing is still OK.)

26. - Top - End - #1196

*Taking Friend Computer Down with me when I'm slatted for termination is either doing it wrong or doing it right, we can't tell which.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

27. - Top - End - #1197
    Titan in the Playground

*Taking Friend Computer Down with me when I'm slatted for termination is either doing it wrong or doing it right, we can't tell which.
    From what I know about Paranoia, screwing over the game is the way you're supposed to play it I think.

Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #1198

*I can't be the king and queen of a country.
    *I can't be the kind of one country and the queen of another.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Titan in the Playground

Wasn't there an I. M. Weasel episode like that or something?

Extended sig here.

30. - Top - End - #1200

BardGuy

**I also cannot arrange a royal marriage with myself to create a personal union between said countries, no matter how strategically beneficial it may be.