New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Halfling in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Lost Spheres Publishing FAQ

Quote Originally Posted by crystal_entity View Post
    A City of 7 Seraphs query from me. p24 says that the only safe entry to Hyraeatan is by the Lattice, as plane-shifting magic considers Occlusion part of the city. I assume that this is because the arrival point for Plane Shift has a large radius of error on the target plane. That makes me think of two questions:

Q193 - Can travellers using the Gate spell or a highly augmented Planar Travel power (that can precisely target a location) enter the city safely?
    Q194 - Can Plane Shift be used to leave the city safely if you're not fussy about precisely where on the destination plane you go?

Or does Occlusion interfere with these travel methods too?

This setting is amazing, I'd love to see more!
    A193 - "Can travellers using the Gate spell or a highly augmented Planar Travel power (that can precisely target a location) enter the city safely?"

That would vary on the GM's reading of precise location. The Distortion is likely to distort all but the most powerful of magic effects. I would recommend a Caster Level check (DC of 25 + twice the current Radia intensity, with full Occlusion exposure for failure) as a minimum or use of a Mythic variant spell or power. There are dozens of nearby Portal Plazas on the Lattice which would be short distances and valid targets but also mean a controlled entry point. There are rumors that a full set of Anchor statuettes could be used to circumvent limits of magic in this regard but only the Wardens or a joint Parity operation would have the access to confirm that theory.

Q194 - Can Plane Shift be used to leave the city safely if you're not fussy about precisely where on the destination plane you go?

Absolutely. The magical action of the Occlusion repels but it doesn't keep, in fact some citizens of the Farring claim they can feel it calling to them, drawing them in...

We are insanely happy you like the setting.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lost_Spheres View Post
    Alien,

Sorry for the delay replying, but we were busy acting on the error you pointed out. We have communicated our apologies to Rednal. He and the wikicommunity are an invaluable asset to keeping this Spheres and Pathfinder RPG community vital. We added attribution, more links to the Wiki, and a message thanking them for their work. A miscommunication internally cause this release to roll out without proper OGL edits. Still it shouldn't have worked that way and we will do better. We always want releases to be usable while still encouraging them to visit the Wiki or ultimately, buy the book from DDS to keep them supported and generating more content. Thanks for the call out and the chance to keep growing.

As for the rules content...

A192(a)Flairs check against AC regardless of required hit mechanics. This is purely a balance consideration because of Touch AC and possible 3pp system mixes (Path of War, etc) and the original mechanic being a variant of older "Called Shot" mechanics. Touch AC is often omitted from rulesets like this and we felt the class was powerful enough on it's own and was intended to reward BAB investment as most Spheres of Might systems do.

A192(b)The choice of language referencing "an attack action or special attack action and beats an enemy's AC by 5 or more" was due to confusion from the use of "an attack action" in end users of the Lost Champions classes. It was done in editorial and wasn't exclusively the choice of the designer. It may be redundant but even our internal playtest team felt it was a good change to call out that it worked with both. We are sorry that that choice has undermined your faith in us.

Thank you for your valuable insight. We will keep learning.
    Means a lot to see you own up on the mistake and take action to correct it. As for attack action stuff, I can understand if it's an editorial choice then, it was just concerning. Flair behaving that way feels a bit odd, but for balance I agree with decision completely. That said, the new Nostalgic Callback shout Warleader sphere talent is incredibly overpowered. You can use a powerful short duration morale bonus effect once during a day, and then for the simple cost of martial focus repeatedly use it for the next 24 hour while also increasing the duration to that of the shout. At the very least the duration change should only occur if the duration of the recalled morale bonus would be longer. Even with that, the sheer resource efficiency it provides when used with something like the Empower rally in the War sphere of SoP is incredible. Deadly Duet is cool and balanced though!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Q195

How do Eclipse Enigmas interact with splash weapons? I'm pondering in a gestalt game combining Eclipse with a Mortal Alchemist for bomb throwing etc and it made me ponder if the Enigmas could trigger vs splash-hit enemies, if they fulfil the conditions. Multiple Target Veils do, as I understand it, trigger on all enemies hit (only once though), As would a cleave attack action, but not sure if splash weapons would work. If it did that would be very very cool ;)

4. - Top - End - #334
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 196 How does Mobius Ribbon work with Gift of Time? (I am double checking my logic)

• If Party Member B gives Party Member A extra actions [ using Gift of Time ],
    • and if Party Member C (or even Party Member B) is within range [ when this effect occurred ]
    • then in the next round Party Member C [ or even Party Member B ] can use a standard action and the Mobius Strip Veil to replicate the previous round's Gift of Time giving Party Member A even more actions.
    • Such as in a round 1 Party Member B uses a swift+full round action with Gift of Time to give Party Member A a full round action, then in the next round with Mobius Strip taking a standard action Party Member a gets an additional full round action?

???

[ Thank you in advance ]
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2020-10-17 at 03:50 PM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

5. - Top - End - #335
    Barbarian in the Playground

Q197. If a veilweaver proficient in firearms with the Flexible Forms trait shapes a ranged weapon-like veil into a pistol, do they have a misfire chance?
    Last edited by Dr_Dinosaur; 2020-10-23 at 05:35 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Ettin in the Playground

Q 198 How does the Martial Simple Classes work with the Mystic and Parasite for Maneuvers Granted and Maneuvers Recovery? For example you are a 5 HD creature and you add this template, you get 3 Maneuvers Known and 2 Maneuvers Ready, but how does this work with the randomize maneuvers of the Mystic and Parasite?
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

7. - Top - End - #337
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Q 199: I recall there being a Veil of some sort that allowed you to create weapons on the fly with it as a free action I believe. I can't seem to find it - does anyone remember what it's called or if it even ever existed?

8. - Top - End - #338

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Galacktic View Post
    Q 199: I recall there being a Veil of some sort that allowed you to create weapons on the fly with it as a free action I believe. I can't seem to find it - does anyone remember what it's called or if it even ever existed?
    I think it was in the sphere of akasha playtest document form cobalt sage creation
    Armory of the infinite it is called. It lets you summon as a free action weapon and armor, gives damage bonus, shoulder bind lets you share them and body gives shoulder bind effect plus let you use a gate of babylon effect, meaning it lets you shoot weapons from the veil at every enemies within medium range as a fullround action

It is a weird veil insofar as, like most cobalt sage veils, it needs to be enhanced as a regular item instead of having its enhancement come from akasha like most weaponlike veil and even weirder, you can summon many weapons with it but each can only get one enhancement
    Being from sphere of akasha, it uses sphere of might, granting 3 equipment sphere talents

Sadly the playsted has been over for a while but i saw no news about the arrival of the book
    Last edited by astrerouge; 2020-11-03 at 12:36 AM.

9. - Top - End - #339

Q200: A Dragoon at level 12 grants their Draconic Might ability to their Drake companion when using Dragon Bond. The Violent Brute replaces Draconic Might, but does not affect the level 12 upgrade to Dragon Bond. Is this intentional that they get no upgrade at that level, should the Drake get the benefit of Draconic Might anyway, or should there be some other benefit?

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Dinosaur View Post
    Q197. If a veilweaver proficient in firearms with the Flexible Forms trait shapes a ranged weapon-like veil into a pistol, do they have a misfire chance?

A197 Yes, because that's a feature of the weapon being emulated and nothing in the trait or other mechanics overrides that.

(FYI that I'll ping Christen about getting some of these other questions answered; I don't have a ton of time to hit this forum these days and this was just an easy one to get resolved.)

11. - Top - End - #341

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Galacktic View Post
    A199: You might be thinking of a playtest veil that is coming out soon? In published veils, otherwise I am not sure there is one at the moment. But there will be.
    Last edited by Lost_Spheres; 2020-11-03 at 01:13 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eldaran View Post
    Q200: A Dragoon at level 12 grants their Draconic Might ability to their Drake companion when using Dragon Bond. The Violent Brute replaces Draconic Might, but does not affect the level 12 upgrade to Dragon Bond. Is this intentional that they get no upgrade at that level, should the Drake get the benefit of Draconic Might anyway, or should there be some other benefit?
    A200:The benefit of Twin Terror already impacts the Drake, so the scaling damage benefit is already considered to replace the sharing effect.

13. - Top - End - #343

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by astrerouge View Post
    I think it was in the sphere of akasha playtest document form cobalt sage creation
    Armory of the infinite it is called. It lets you summon as a free action weapon and armor, gives damage bonus, shoulder bind lets you share them and body gives shoulder bind effect plus let you use a gate of babylon effect, meaning it lets you shoot weapons from the veil at every enemies within medium range as a fullround action

It is a weird veil insofar as, like most cobalt sage veils, it needs to be enhanced as a regular item instead of having its enhancement come from akasha like most weaponlike veil and even weirder, you can summon many weapons with it but each can only get one enhancement
    Being from sphere of akasha, it uses sphere of might, granting 3 equipment sphere talents

Sadly the playsted has been over for a while but i saw no news about the arrival of the book
    Actually we have picked up the project from Cobalt and paid the writer to his content. We have been running the content through our own playtesting and since it was a happy (but sudden) acquisition we have been building the resources for art and layout, but you WILL see that content from us soon.

14. - Top - End - #344

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    Q 198 How does the Martial Simple Classes work with the Mystic and Parasite for Maneuvers Granted and Maneuvers Recovery? For example you are a 5 HD creature and you add this template, you get 3 Maneuvers Known and 2 Maneuvers Ready, but how does this work with the randomize maneuvers of the Mystic and Parasite?
    A198The intent of the simple template to be able to get those abilities on foes with relative ease, we expect they may select the maneuvers they creatures receives as best serves the flow of the encounter. For verisimilitude we would encourage a GM to avoid casual repetitions or randomize the selected maneuvers as they build the creature. Given a templates flexibility, a general rule about how this selection process could be specified goes against the simple application.

15. - Top - End - #345

Devil

Q201 You released the reaper champion class that get to ignore immunity to bleed at first level. You also add many veils (most notably sepuku and izanami nodachi) that deal bleed damage but there is no in-system way for veilweaver to bypass bleed immunity. Could such an effect exist in that system and if so, what level would you say is it reasonable to make it accessible?

Q202 gungnir veil has bonus effect when used while mounted, would a quadrupedal creature gain this added effect? what about quadrupedal creature shaped like centaurs are? I know centaurs qualify has being mounted but most creature with this physionomy has no such language so I was wondering what would be your ruling on the issue.

Q203 The blacksword organization in CotSS can give you the ability to bind veils to the blood chakra, does this only give access to daevic blood veil or could one use the blood chakra effect to bind any of your veil using its specific rule (taking 2xessence invested damage per turn)

Q204 Do you have any plan to build upon previous akashic classes not from lost sphere? I am particularly interest in the rajah, any plan for new title veils? I seem to remember someone from lost sphere talking about disliking the title veil implementation but i might be confused.

Q205 With the aegis having access to akashic options, is there any news about a soulknife archetype using veils? I remember talk about it but i don't think anything came out of it, right?

Q206 Are there any plan for bow veils? There is the eclipse crossbow (i can't remember the name) but as far as i know, there is no bow veil at all. Is there a reason as to why you didn't add any? With the akashic realms supplements borrowing from different mythology, is there any chance of seeing any legendary bow?

Q201 toQ206: Am I annyoing asking five million questions?

16. - Top - End - #346

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by astrerouge View Post
    Q201 You released the reaper champion class that get to ignore immunity to bleed at first level. You also add many veils (most notably sepuku and izanami nodachi) that deal bleed damage but there is no in-system way for veilweaver to bypass bleed immunity. Could such an effect exist in that system and if so, what level would you say is it reasonable to make it accessible?

Q202 gungnir veil has bonus effect when used while mounted, would a quadrupedal creature gain this added effect? what about quadrupedal creature shaped like centaurs are? I know centaurs qualify has being mounted but most creature with this physionomy has no such language so I was wondering what would be your ruling on the issue.

Q203 The blacksword organization in CotSS can give you the ability to bind veils to the blood chakra, does this only give access to daevic blood veil or could one use the blood chakra effect to bind any of your veil using its specific rule (taking 2xessence invested damage per turn)

Q204 Do you have any plan to build upon previous akashic classes not from lost sphere? I am particularly interest in the rajah, any plan for new title veils? I seem to remember someone from lost sphere talking about disliking the title veil implementation but i might be confused.

Q205 With the aegis having access to akashic options, is there any news about a soulknife archetype using veils? I remember talk about it but i don't think anything came out of it, right?

Q206 Are there any plan for bow veils? There is the eclipse crossbow (i can't remember the name) but as far as i know, there is no bow veil at all. Is there a reason as to why you didn't add any? With the akashic realms supplements borrowing from different mythology, is there any chance of seeing any legendary bow?

Q201 toQ206: Am I annyoing asking five million questions?
    A201With Spheres of Might (which a lot of our fans use) makeing Ooze Ichor so easy to access it hasn't been a high priority. There is however a nexus convergence in testing that deals with bleed and altering it. A veil isn't out of the question long term.

A202We would encourage GM to rule most quadrupeds as counting as mounted but the case was meant mostly to work with Slepnir and other mount veils.

A203It was intended to work with daevic blood slot veils, though a GM might want to make an exception for a world specific version.

A204Originally, Rajah was left to be a DSP exclusive for support from their patreon. Its mechanics forced a GM to use both PoW and Akashic rules which while think is awesome and encourage, we don't tend to release akashic content that requires a second 3pp ruleset. The upcoming Spheres of Akasha book is an exception that we liked too much to pass up but currently we don't have plans to interact PoW and Akashic mechanics beyond singular prestige classes.

A205As above we didn't try to get two systems into a book outside of a prestige class. The gyreblade is currently our option for a soulknife/akashic character and allows them to fuse their soulknife with a veil weapon. It is in Book of Beyond: Liminal Power if you are curious. Trinity Knight would also allow for some good interaction but should probably be tied to an organization like the Eternal Dawning to allow the GM some sense of control of an exceptional powerful character's narrative elements.

A206Short answer yes. The Zodiac archer build was so strong we didn't hurry to make another bow akashic option or veil however. They are in the pipe already.

A201-A206 Annoying? No. We love it. But due to real-world Pandemic issues we are running on even less resources than normal which means we have less time to split between community interaction and working on the new products. So while we love helping out people use the stuff we create, it can slow down work on more content. Sorry we are so spread thin right now, but we think a lot of folks are.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Pixie in the Playground

Q207 In the mythic paths of the lost spheres handbook, there's a suite of abilities for the super genius that are all stat substitutions in some way. An example is "Mind of Stone, Body of Purpose", which says "You may substitute your Wisdom modifier for your Constitution modifier for any calculation. Alternatively, you may substitute your Constitution modifier for your Wisdom modifier for any calculation." What is the exact limits of "any calculation" here? Does this mean that whenever you gain HP from levelling, you can add wis mod? Or that you can add con mod instead of wis for skills, saves, etc.?

Thanks, love all your work!

18. - Top - End - #348
    Pixie in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Q208 Is Mystic Akashic still in the works, and are there plans for mythic materials for other subsystems like Path of War?
    Last edited by Zulwarn; 2020-11-14 at 10:03 AM.
    "Nod. Get treat." ~Greyview the Wise

"Should always expect head rub. Safer that way." ~Greyview the Wise

19. - Top - End - #349
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Q209: I feel like I saw this somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. Is your Veilweaver Level equal to all of your levels in VW classes, or do you have a separate VWL for each class like casters and whatnot?
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

20. - Top - End - #350
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kris Moonhand View Post
    Q209: I feel like I saw this somewhere but I can't seem to find it now. Is your Veilweaver Level equal to all of your levels in VW classes, or do you have a separate VWL for each class like casters and whatnot?
    A209: You have a single veilweaver level equal to your total veilweaver level from all classes/archetypes that grant veilweaver levels.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

One of the Judow has +2/-2 to the same stat. What is it supposed to be?

Terpsikhore-Caste | +2 Con, +2 Wis, -2 Con | Terpsikhore-caste are considered incomplete, treasuring the sound of music in the way of screams.

And I know I asked this back in June, but is Akashic Realms 3 coming soon? About to start a new campaign again, and still eyeing the Zodiac.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Dwarf in the Playground

MonkGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Ssalarn View Post
    A209: You have a single veilweaver level equal to your total veilweaver level from all classes/archetypes that grant veilweaver levels.
    Where is that in the rules? I couldn't seem to find it anywhere. Or was it dropped accidentally?
    The Library of Metzofitz: An up-to-date reference document for all of your Akashic, Path of War, and Psionic needs. In the works: Gonzo and Legendary material.

Pathfinder Caster Spreadsheet: For when you need to check if there's a spontaneous caster Witch or a Charisma-based Alchemist (the answer is yes). Includes manifesters, initiators, and veilweavers. Now with a colorblind version!

Akashic Character Sheet: Tracks invested Essence, plenty of space for veils and other Akashic hullabaloo.

23. - Top - End - #353
    Pixie in the Playground

Q210:
    Can you specify Manifesting Time please? (Infuse Akasha, Precognition, Ship's Tactical, Psychic Vibrations, Starmind, Thought Shield, Offensive)
    It's missing (at least at the spheres wiki)

Q211:
    Planestrider archetype gains bonus feats at the 1st, 5th etc levels and states that "you must still meet all prerequisites for the bonus feat". This ability replaces the discipline class feature.
    But some of these feats require a Nomad discipline choice while Planestrider cannot choose a discipline at all.
    Am I missing something?

Q212: Can tou please explain Telekinetic Combat ability for me (Trinity angel)? Does it affect reach? Can these weapons be used with path of war maneuvers? Can you be disarmed? How you calculate your CMB with this weapons? Thank you!

24. - Top - End - #354
    Pixie in the Playground

Q213:
    Sorry if it's been asked, tried to find it and had no luck. When multiclassing multiple veilweaving classes together, are known veils simply added to the list available to the character?
    Ex: A Zodiac 9 picks up a level of Vizier, gaining all the Vizier veils but now able to use them at their combined veilweaver level with the resulting essence caps and chakra binds.

Q214:
    A) In the Quiet Lands, given that it is a flat world with defined edges, how do the sun, timekeeping, and any moons work?
    B) Given that the Quiet Lands is an 'outer' plane with its own Petitioners, is it a recognized thing that sometimes people die and leave behind not-ghosts, and do petitioners from other material planes that resonate with the neutrality and interdiction sometimes arrive in the Quiet Lands as their afterlife?

Q215:
    What further Akashic content and books can we expect? Greatly looking forward to more of the Akashic Realms series and new Cosmologies.

Thank you!

25. - Top - End - #355

OrcBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by ProsperoFaust View Post
    Q213:

Q215:
    What further Akashic content and books can we expect? Greatly looking forward to more of the Akashic Realms series and new Cosmologies.

Thank you!
    I have written no fewer than three Akasha supplements that are currently in the pipes, among them a new Zodiac cosmology and a bunch of new veils.
    Dark Green, the color of Chaotic Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    Altruistorc is leaving me deeply disturbed and intrigued at the same time...

26. - Top - End - #356
    Pixie in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Thealtruistorc View Post
    I have written no fewer than three Akasha supplements that are currently in the pipes, among them a new Zodiac cosmology and a bunch of new veils.
    That's incredibly good news to hear. Can't wait to see them come out.

27. - Top - End - #357
    Pixie in the Playground

Q216: Further to Q211 - I can't actually find some of the feats referenced (ex, "psionic psychic") anywhere at all, which is a bit of a problem given it's not a terribly long list. Am I missing something also?

28. - Top - End - #358

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by leftwordmovemen View Post
    Q207 In the mythic paths of the lost spheres handbook, there's a suite of abilities for the super genius that are all stat substitutions in some way. An example is "Mind of Stone, Body of Purpose", which says "You may substitute your Wisdom modifier for your Constitution modifier for any calculation. Alternatively, you may substitute your Constitution modifier for your Wisdom modifier for any calculation." What is the exact limits of "any calculation" here? Does this mean that whenever you gain HP from levelling, you can add wis mod? Or that you can add con mod instead of wis for skills, saves, etc.?

Thanks, love all your work!
    A207Correct. The relevant stat may replace the other for all calculations (HP, Spellcasting, Skills, etc).

29. - Top - End - #359

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Zulwarn View Post
    Q208 Is Mystic Akashic still in the works, and are there plans for mythic materials for other subsystems like Path of War?
    A208Yes, new professional obligations and complication due to the global pandemic have delayed the project but we still want to get back to it this year.

30. - Top - End - #360

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by YroPro View Post
    One of the Judow has +2/-2 to the same stat. What is it supposed to be?

Terpsikhore-Caste | +2 Con, +2 Wis, -2 Con | Terpsikhore-caste are considered incomplete, treasuring the sound of music in the way of screams.

And I know I asked this back in June, but is Akashic Realms 3 coming soon? About to start a new campaign again, and still eyeing the Zodiac.
    A(Null)

The correct stats are +2 Cha, +2 Wis, -2Con