New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 50 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324252641 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Been bored grinding Caster gems, so I decided to mix it up a little. As I only need blue and red gems, I decided to make a low end team rather then bring my usual heavy hitting Riders. Marie at 32 NP 4 with Knight of Marines, Ushi at 19 NP5 with Dangerous Beast, and any support at less then level 60. Gives some FP to lower leveled players, and I still have my level 90 NP2 Ozy in the back incase somehow a crit chain goes through on someone and he needs step in to help the kids. Hasnt happened yet though so its going well. Taking longer then just slapping out a few attacks from Ozy Medb and some max level support, but its nice seeing new faces.

Using Marie makes me wonder if she has had any Rank Ups or an animation update in the future. Given how shes NP4 I should very much think of putting some Embers into her as well as maybe Ushi. So many low level low stars I have neglected due to trying to level max the various 4 and 5 stars sitting in the 70s I have. Also the back to back events and need to grind embers for Kiara and BB slowed my ability to do some maybe needed leveling for lower priority characters. Oh and a level 1 Edison is sitting near the bottom of my screen being ignored. Poor kitty.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    So, on a whim, threw a couple of tickets at the banner today. CE, CE... Golden orbs.

Umu.

Not Bride!Umu, but Classic!Umu. Still, I now have an Umu.

Pardon me. I need to level the crap out of her before the event.
    Congrats she was my first 4 star (I never used my tutorial antoinette. And I started in the first nerofest.) She has seen me through many a tough battle and I have even solo'd a few challenge quests for fun with her. She also just about single handedly got me through fuyuki up through most of okeanos

Also I hear she is just got another skill upgrade in JP, not that I ever complained about a 5 turn cooldown 2k heal. It was perfect for her already stacked survival kit.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-04-19 at 05:22 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

3. - Top - End - #453

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Using Marie makes me wonder if she has had any Rank Ups or an animation update in the future. Given how shes NP4 I should very much think of putting some Embers into her as well as maybe Ushi. So many low level low stars I have neglected due to trying to level max the various 4 and 5 stars sitting in the 70s I have. Also the back to back events and need to grind embers for Kiara and BB slowed my ability to do some maybe needed leveling for lower priority characters. Oh and a level 1 Edison is sitting near the bottom of my screen being ignored. Poor kitty.
    Marie gets a NP rank up in a year or so, but no animation update yet.

4. - Top - End - #454

NecromancerGirl

Burned more then half the QP I saved up cause I made the mistake of looking at my skills screen. Plus side is Punch Saint has her fist skill at 10 now. Also a few others got skills leveled up.
    Edit: I meant first but that typo is too perfect to correct.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2019-04-20 at 12:50 PM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

Big news at Sakura-con today!

CCC starts in just three days.
    We're getting like 30 silver apples.

But most importantly we're getting three big QoL changes early.

Drag and select will now be a thing.
    You will be able to go back from the card select screen without restarting the app, in case you missed activating a skill or something. (Huge)
    And when doing FP summons (and maybe quartz summons?) you can set it up to automatically burn cards for you like the one/two star CEs and such. This does not include servants, so no worries about accidentally burning a new three star servant or some such.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #456
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post

You will be able to go back from the card select screen without restarting the app, in case you missed activating a skill or something. (Huge)
    And when doing FP summons (and maybe quartz summons?) you can set it up to automatically burn cards for you like the one/two star CEs and such. This does not include servants, so no worries about accidentally burning a new three star servant or some such.

Wow, we are getting the back button this early! I didn't see that coming.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

7. - Top - End - #457
    Troll in the Playground

why would you burn 1-2 star CEs, they are a major source of CE EXP. its not like exp CEs are available all the time.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

8. - Top - End - #458

NecromancerGirl

Not sure what the "drag and select" thing is, but oh goodness do I need that back button. At this time, I think besides Blackbeard and maybe Cursed Arm I have all 1 and 2 star servents NP Max, so I plan to set them to auto burn as soon as those two NPs are maxed. Also I agree, dont burn 1-2 star CEs, best source of levels for early CE gain. I auto get any good CE up to at least 20 and 90% of the time thats with FP CEs. Also, does it distinguish between Embers, Fous, and actual Servents? Cause auto burning Embers but keeping Fous and Servents would be the best/only good set up.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    why would you burn 1-2 star CEs, they are a major source of CE EXP. its not like exp CEs are available all the time.
    maybe if you want to do multiple pulls for an event ce and don't want to be bothered with manually burning.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post

Woah, then wasting time for 30 minutes was actually worth it!

I was watching a stream on the matter, but it was shut down by the staff of SakuraCon.

The auto-burn is on FP summon only, and you can set what kind of card is automatically burnt.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Titan in the Playground

Not sure what the "drag and select" thing is
    Well, here is an explanation of QoL changes. So some explanations may be in order.

1. The Back Button you already know. This also means that you'll know the distribution of crit stars before hitting the attack button.

2. Drag and Select. Basically, instead of clicking one card at a time when enhancing or selling, you can drag your finger and select multiple cards more easily.

3. Automatic Burning. You can designate by rarity (1-, 2-, and/or 3-star) and type (EXP, Fou, CE). Servants cannot be auto-burned. So, yeah, you can configure it to only burn EXP cards if you want, and save the CEs.

4. Equipped CEs can now be selected on enhance or sell screens. Previously they were grayed out, which was a nuisance because you had to figure out which formation had them equipped before you could get rid of them. Now you can select them directly. They'll be marked by an icon.

5. Interludes and Strengthening quests can now be reached directly from a Servant's profile.

6. Parties can now be copied in their entirety into a new slot. You can also completely reset a party, including name, with one click.

7. You can now filter your Receive All function in the inbox.

8. You can speed up Noble Phantasms! On an individual basis, but still.

Also:

1. Certain Servants are getting new backgrounds for their cards.

2. Certain screens will now have an adjustable icon size to accommodate more (smaller) icons.

3. Battle results screens will now tell you how much of a thing you have in your inventory when you get it as a reward.

4. An icon will now indicate the last quest you did. You know, in case you want to grind and forgot where to do so.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

12. - Top - End - #462
    Troll in the Playground

Not sure what the "drag and select" thing is, but oh goodness do I need that back button. At this time, I think besides Blackbeard and maybe Cursed Arm I have all 1 and 2 star servents NP Max, so I plan to set them to auto burn as soon as those two NPs are maxed. Also I agree, dont burn 1-2 star CEs, best source of levels for early CE gain. I auto get any good CE up to at least 20 and 90% of the time thats with FP CEs. Also, does it distinguish between Embers, Fous, and actual Servents? Cause auto burning Embers but keeping Fous and Servents would be the best/only good set up.
    It looks like you can't auto-burn servants, but you can individually set CEs, Fous, and Embers to auto-burn at different levels.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

13. - Top - End - #463

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    It looks like you can't auto-burn servants, but you can individually set CEs, Fous, and Embers to auto-burn at different levels.
    Of those, only the Embers sound worth it. CEs are worth using to level better CEs, and Fous are always useful. Embers that arent gold have very little use so it feels like only one of the three are worth the function.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I feel like silver embers are the only ones I'd burn since they give mana prisms. Bronze embers don't give enough QP for it to be worth it, so I just feed those to low level servants.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    I feel like silver embers are the only ones I'd burn since they give mana prisms. Bronze embers don't give enough QP for it to be worth it, so I just feed those to low level servants.
    Which works right up until you don't have anymore low-level Servants. At that point, it's honestly easier to just auto-burn the embers for the pittance of QP. It may not be much, but it adds up, and honestly it beats feeling disappointed at how little they actually do when you feed them to any Servant who's been Ascended at least once.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Orc in the Playground

Which works right up until you don't have anymore low-level Servants. At that point, it's honestly easier to just auto-burn the embers for the pittance of QP. It may not be much, but it adds up, and honestly it beats feeling disappointed at how little they actually do when you feed them to any Servant who's been Ascended at least once.
    i always do that hoping for a super success after a xp farming raid fails short of an ascension. :'D

17. - Top - End - #467
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    i always do that hoping for a super success after a xp farming raid fails short of an ascension. :'D
    i would feel like i missed out on a super success on the 4 star xp cards. also it takes 27 one star cards to equal a 4 star and 9 two star cards to equal a 4 star.

Current avatar by me

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Bold of you to assume I don't have low-level servants. :D

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Bold of you to assume I don't have low-level servants. :D
    I mean, you won't forever, right? Unless you are a True Whale and have an unending supply of new Servants to level, you have a finite number of Servants. And different events call for different Servants, so it helps to spread those levels around. Especially if you want to clear some Strengthening quests or Interludes for that sweet SQ.

Just saying. At a certain point it becomes relevant for everyone.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I mean, you won't forever, right? Unless you are a True Whale and have an unending supply of new Servants to level, you have a finite number of Servants. And different events call for different Servants, so it helps to spread those levels around. Especially if you want to clear some Strengthening quests or Interludes for that sweet SQ.

Just saying. At a certain point it becomes relevant for everyone.
    Mostly I haven't played since the beginning, so I have a whole lot of low rarity servants I just haven't touched at all because I don't have the XP for them.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    i would feel like i missed out on a super success on the 4 star xp cards. also it takes 27 one star cards to equal a 4 star and 9 two star cards to equal a 4 star.

It's so random that i don't even anticipate getting them anymore. I've leveled vlad to 80 (or is it still at 78?) without a single great. Even with the "boost" that happens sometimes my luck is horrible.

22. - Top - End - #472
    Bugbear in the Playground

My big problem with low star servants is the ascension mats - I was putting spare assassin embers into Serenity because my assassin lineup is paper-thin and suddenly she needed enough chains for a Mr T cosplay.

So for my support offerings do you folks think regular Emiya (NP2, 4/5/6) or Emiya Alter (NP1, 6/6/6) would be the better option for the event?
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

23. - Top - End - #473
    Troll in the Playground

Make sure to get you Master Missions done now, since the event starts tomorrow.

Some hints-
    Most of the Fuyuki quests will get your Saber/Lancer/Archer mission, and your kill servants missions done cheap.
    Mt. Etna in Rome is cheap for the Assassin/Caster mission.
    Theirs in Orleans is good for the Rider/Berserker Mission.

Otherwise, be sure to save up Embers, you need to get BB to her third ascension for the upcoming event if you want to complete it, just like with Shiki. Though hopefully the even store will have universal Embers too.

And aren't we also getting an animation update for Lancerbeth?
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #474
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    So for my support offerings do you folks think regular Emiya (NP2, 4/5/6) or Emiya Alter (NP1, 6/6/6) would be the better option for the event?
    Hmm. Tricky.

Well, let's consider. EMIYA is QAAAB, with an AoE DEF-ignoring Buster NP. Alter is QQAAB, with an ST DEF-ignoring Arts NP. They both have Magic Resistance and Independent Action, although Alter's IA is slightly better. They both have Projection, although at rank 6 EMIYA's is 32.5% versus Alter's 22.5%. They both have defense buttons, EMIYA with a 1-turn Evade with 3-turn +DEF, Alter with a 3-hit/5-turn +DEF and 3-turn Damage Cut. The third skill is the real difference, EMIYA having a crit-generator/crit-booster and Alter having a +ATK button. Notably, Alter's buff is again 3-hit/5-turn, making it slightly more flexible, but actually worth less than a standard +ATK button while chaining.

Overall? I'd look at the rest of your setup. You want a healthy mix of AoE and ST. STs like Alter are great against bosses, but AoEs are good for farming - and there will be plenty of both. Honestly, I'd suggest EMIYA over Alter for that reason - people going after bosses will probably want Gilgamesh or Archuria, rather than either EMIYA, so you'll mostly be there for farming support. So embrace that and bring EMIYA.

EDIT: By the way, for people unsure who to put in their Extra slot and who feel anxious over this apparently legendarily-difficult boss, a fun fact. Do you have Angra Mainyu? Did you know that his Bond CE grants him Guts and double damage versus Beast-type enemies? Just something to consider.
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-04-22 at 08:09 AM.

25. - Top - End - #475

RedWizardGuy

And here I thought maxed Mash was the superior option for extra slot.
    I'm back in QP hell, which is an awful feeling. Trying to farm embers, prisms, and QP is very demoralizing.

26. - Top - End - #476

Overall? I'd look at the rest of your setup. You want a healthy mix of AoE and ST. STs like Alter are great against bosses, but AoEs are good for farming - and there will be plenty of both. Honestly, I'd suggest EMIYA over Alter for that reason - people going after bosses will probably want Gilgamesh or Archuria, rather than either EMIYA, so you'll mostly be there for farming support. So embrace that and bring EMIYA.
    An excellent point, thanks! The rest of my lineup tends ST except for Drake and two supports. I'll see if I can't squeeze out a few more skill ranks for EMIYA Prime today and put him in.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Ogre in the Playground

EDIT: By the way, for people unsure who to put in their Extra slot and who feel anxious over this apparently legendarily-difficult boss, a fun fact. Do you have Angra Mainyu? Did you know that his Bond CE grants him Guts and double damage versus Beast-type enemies? Just something to consider.
    That Shiroface just won't drop, and I've spent just to get him around 1M FP, so it makes me sad, as I have no Avenger on my lineup.
    Ah, Martha's going full jam into that Extra slot.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Ettin in the Playground

Same in regards to Angra.

Also, very excited for the end of maintenance. Got 400ish quartz, gonna pull until I get Passionlip (she's a cutie) and whatever is left goes to Kiara.
    Anyone else rolling hard tomorrow?
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

29. - Top - End - #479

NecromancerGirl

I'm waiting all the way until Kiara comes out, as I only have enough for 3 ten pulls through free to play saving, but have budgeted a bit of money in case. If I get Kiara and have some SQ leftover, I will be torn on putting a few rolls on Lip or Suzuka or to use it as a start to saving for Nero in the summer event. I remember my brother bought a pile of SQ for Illya then got her on the first ten roll, leaving a pile left saved and which he added to through the months to carry him through rolling for Ishtar and Enkidu. If I can have the same happen with Kiara, it would be nice. Increadably Unlikely, but nice.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Orc in the Playground

I'm waiting all the way until Kiara comes out, as I only have enough for 3 ten pulls through free to play saving, but have budgeted a bit of money in case.

or 30 single pulls. I only did single pulls in the beginning to prolong disappointment, but they have not failed me.

I think when it comes to luck, attempts far out weigh better odds.