New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    And here I thought maxed Mash was the superior option for extra slot.
    My personal experience is that while maxed Mash is a great addition to your team, due to having solid defense and not costing any points, she almost never gets picked by people looking for help. This is because:

#1 - If they're looking at the extra slot, they want something fairly specific.
    #2 - They already have Mash, and double-Mash is great for stall but garbage for actually hurting people.
    #3 - One of Mash's benefits is being an effective 4* that costs 0, letting you fill your team with high-star people and CEs, and you don't get that benefit from support.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Dang, the maintenance will not be over before work. I'm going to be wasting a lot of AP. D:

3. - Top - End - #483
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Dang, the maintenance will not be over before work. I'm going to be wasting a lot of AP. D:
    I too am disappointed by this.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

4. - Top - End - #484
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Don't worry, you'll get the APs back from the apples given out for unlimited maintenance works.

5. - Top - End - #485
    Troll in the Playground

they will probably through in some apolapples with some extra apologems.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Oh, I'm sure there will be apples. But it's the principle of the matter! I could have used my AP to farm a last bit of XP before the event.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-04-23 at 06:59 AM.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Troll in the Playground

Maintenance is finally over...and that is a huge update, holy moly.

Factotum Variants!

8. - Top - End - #488
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, hey, that's a neat feature in the update. On the loading screen - which takes for-freaking-ever anyways - you can now scroll sideways between multiple Servant profiles, instead of just staring at one the whole time. Little things, little things.

EDIT: And in addition to Facebook rewards (2 of each 3-star Fou, 3 gold embers, 1m QP, 4k FP, and 10 SQ) we're also getting 3 apolofruits and 10 apologems. So, score!
    Last edited by Red Fel; 2019-04-23 at 10:21 AM.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah the apology stuff is nice. The voiced intro was a nice surprise too. This event has no fourth wall by the way, moreso than others. Only got to do the first fight, which isn't even a real fight. Going to do my summons on lunch break then see how far I can get.

Well 6 tickets and 120 quartz later I finally get the good stuff. The last 10-pull got me Suzuka, Melt and two of the 5* event CEs, after getting a pile of the 3* one. Ironically I kind of wanted Passionlip more, but I will not say no to a 5* Alter Ego by any means. Shame i need to save embers for BB to level her for the event though.

Oh and NP4 Billy the Kid, I guess.

And looking ahead, I'll likely end up spending the rest of my Quartz on just surviving half of these fights. Bosses with tons of buffs, RNG debuffs and 4 break bars to start with aren't good game design.
    Last edited by Hunter Noventa; 2019-04-23 at 12:29 PM.

Factotum Variants!

10. - Top - End - #490
    Titan in the Playground

Did a single 30-SQ pull, blew a bunch of tickets. Did not get an Alter Ego.

Got a Waver. Holy crap I got a Waver. I'm just kind of over the moon about that.

So in a fit of foolishness, another 30-SQ pull. And...

... Passionlip. Holy crap, you guys. I got Waver and Passionlip.

Well, that's it for my pulls for a long while. I think I've properly depleted my luck at this point.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Did a single 30-SQ pull, blew a bunch of tickets. Did not get an Alter Ego.

Got a Waver. Holy crap I got a Waver. I'm just kind of over the moon about that.

So in a fit of foolishness, another 30-SQ pull. And...

... Passionlip. Holy crap, you guys. I got Waver and Passionlip.

Well, that's it for my pulls for a long while. I think I've properly depleted my luck at this point.
    Congrats!

I also am going to brag a bit. I spent twelve tickets and did one 30-SQ pull. The tickets netted me Meltryllis, and the pull got me a Gozen.

This is doubly nice, because holy hell, Meltryllis, yes, and also my Saber line has gotten super-beefed up in the last few weeks, so I'm over the moon. I was expecting to have to dump most of my SQ just to pick up Passionlip. Now I can save for Holmes.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

12. - Top - End - #492

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    Congrats!

I also am going to brag a bit. I spent twelve tickets and did one 30-SQ pull. The tickets netted me Meltryllis, and the pull got me a Gozen.

This is doubly nice, because holy hell, Meltryllis, yes, and also my Saber line has gotten super-beefed up in the last few weeks, so I'm over the moon. I was expecting to have to dump most of my SQ just to pick up Passionlip. Now I can save for Holmes.
    Spoiler
    Show

SO UH. SPEAKING OF BRAGGING. I threw *literally* one ticket out and got her. I only had one ticket. That was all I was going to throw at the entire event. AND I GOT HER. She's my favorite Alter-Ego that isn't Sitonai!

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

This was something I was saving up for for a while? About 30 tickets in, nothing but CE's and 3 star servants. Frustrated, I pull from my quartz pool and do a 30 roll. Melt and Lip. Do another 30 roll. Second Melt. I think I just got my best single target damage servant for a long time.
    Thought of the Week: "Bright is the nova confined in the dark."
    =I= ONLY A FOOL CLAIMS TO KNOW EVERYTHING BUT FEAR NOTHING =I=

14. - Top - End - #494
    Troll in the Playground

Well then, this event really doesn't hold back does it. Best servants with best CEs and best mystic codes it is.

Thankfully a number of the event servants are in n my top list.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

15. - Top - End - #495
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Well then, this event really doesn't hold back does it. Best servants with best CEs and best mystic codes it is.

Thankfully a number of the event servants are in n my top list.
    Keep in mind that the bonus from event Servants isn't damage or stats, just Sakura Chip drops. So if the event keeps giving you trouble, switch to a stronger non-event team and just grab the shop CE that increases Sakura Chip drops.

Fact is, one of the first missions - one of the first! - basically requires you to have an A-grade stall team to survive. Or willingness to blow command seals when the event has just started.

Yeah. There's a reason this event requires you to clear Solomon first. It does not mess around.

Also, super grats to everyone who got Lip and/or Melt. Big wins all around. I kinda wanna see if I can grab Kiara - that Anti-Ruler bonus is awesome - but I also don't want to blow the rest that I'm still saving for Eresh, dangit!

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Also, super grats to everyone who got Lip and/or Melt. Big wins all around. I kinda wanna see if I can grab Kiara - that Anti-Ruler bonus is awesome - but I also don't want to blow the rest that I'm still saving for Eresh, dangit!
    Yeah I'm pretty much done pulling til Eresh shows up myself.

What I want to know is how much farming I'll actually have to do, because I have other games to play and I don't want to sit around each night farming nodes to finish this event forever.

Factotum Variants!

17. - Top - End - #497
    Orc in the Playground

Man forget drop optimization, these quest are rough. I thought i could walk in with half leveled event servants... negative.

though getting to pull out all the stops is never a bad thing.

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

18. - Top - End - #498
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

I decided to use my tickets, see if I could get myself an Alter Ego just to say I had one. Seeing as Passionlip was a 4*, I felt confident in my chances.

No luck, so I threw out a ten-roll.

Boom, Melt is mine now.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Troll in the Playground

Keep in mind that the bonus from event Servants isn't damage or stats, just Sakura Chip drops. So if the event keeps giving you trouble, switch to a stronger non-event team and just grab the shop CE that increases Sakura Chip drops.

Fact is, one of the first missions - one of the first! - basically requires you to have an A-grade stall team to survive. Or willingness to blow command seals when the event has just started.

Yeah. There's a reason this event requires you to clear Solomon first. It does not mess around.

well tamamo nero is pretty much one of my best stall teams, though adding a waver isn't a terrible idea, you know for that extra can't ever die to anything besides a million point berzerker boss.

Current avatar by me

20. - Top - End - #500
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    well tamamo nero is pretty much one of my best stall teams, though adding a waver isn't a terrible idea, you know for that extra can't ever die to anything besides a million point berzerker boss.
    Stall was never meant to beat Berserker. XD

21. - Top - End - #501
    Troll in the Playground

Stall was never meant to beat Berserker. XD
    i've done it! against million plus health bosses! but it requires very careful balance of skill uses and mystic code choice. it also probably isn't entirely consistent until you go tamamo, merlin, arts offensive stall (nero, bero bride, shuten doji, archer artoria). though you do lose out on wavers NP burst, defense and NP drain. also to double merlin fans, tamamo does have a place in stall teams, that skill cooldown reduction is godly, plus np drain.

Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #502
    Bugbear in the Playground

Did around 25 rolls, got no new servants. I did get 2 of the 5 star event CE and three of the 4 star one, which is nice. I wanted Passion though...

Now I have to decide if I'm going to blow my stash that I was saving for summer. I think I'll wait until the new month rolls in and try with the monthly summon tickets - maybe I'll get lucky and my dilemma will go away.
    I'm a Prestige Class! Thanks Zaydos!

23. - Top - End - #503
    Troll in the Playground

Slightly late for this data to be useful, but I've encountered a pretty solid walkthrough for this event.

Factotum Variants!

24. - Top - End - #504
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Slightly late for this data to be useful, but I've encountered a pretty solid walkthrough for this event.
    I'll see you and raise you.

But yeah. Both are really good. Key thing to keep in mind is that if you charge ahead hastily, you can actually mess yourself over in the long run. So it really helps to follow a walkthrough.

25. - Top - End - #505

I'll see you and raise you.

But yeah. Both are really good. Key thing to keep in mind is that if you charge ahead hastily, you can actually mess yourself over in the long run. So it really helps to follow a walkthrough.
    Mess up how? I generally don't like following walkthroughs as I prefer to go through the events organically. If it's just a matter of "Spend more apples" then uh, it'll be fine, but I don't want to actually mess something up.

26. - Top - End - #506
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Manticoran View Post
    Mess up how? I generally don't like following walkthroughs as I prefer to go through the events organically. If it's just a matter of "Spend more apples" then uh, it'll be fine, but I don't want to actually mess something up.
    I think it's messing what you spend the tickets on which keys?

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

I think it's messing what you spend the tickets on which keys?
    Yeah basically, buy the plot keys first, I'm pretty sure.

Factotum Variants!

28. - Top - End - #508
    Bugbear in the Playground

The trick is that you the currency you need to buy keys is awarded for completing missions - if you unlock the wrong doors, you might have to grind more to complete those missions.

For my part, I landed Passionlip on a single 10-pull. I'm weighing attempting one more just to see what else I can get. I also got one of the Sakura enemies spawn CEs as a random drop, which was nice.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    The trick is that you the currency you need to buy keys is awarded for completing missions - if you unlock the wrong doors, you might have to grind more to complete those missions.
    Basically, this. Certain parts of the event are time-locked. You earn tickets for completing missions, but certain missions are harder to complete - or can't be completed - until later. If you spend tickets unwisely, before you can earn more, it leaves you hanging.

Does messing up make the event un-finishable? No. You can do it either way. But it will basically force you to grind more, or grind later, when the event can actually be taken at a pretty leisurely pace until much later.

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

Oh, that google docs guide is much better to use. I haven't messed anything up, other than having already done some day 3-4 stuff, but I didn't buy the wrong key or anything.

Factotum Variants!