New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 26 of 50 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #751
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Quote Originally Posted by Razade View Post
    Thanks! I did though I haven't won a single Saber from the gacha. So that slot will sadly remain empty.
    Give it time, eventually you will be swamped in Caesar and Gilles and Fergus. Of those 3, Caesar is a Single Target Quick Saber, a solid early game Saber. This Year there's a rerun of the Halloween event from last year which has a Welfare Saber, if you can stand Elizabeth Bathroy in a 80s JRPG Bikini Armour. Shes a single target Buster Nuke, though has poor NP Gain and her third skill is of questionable use, but otherwise is a very solid 4 star Saber. Certainly better then Siegfried. I suggest looking up the JP Rerun on the wiki so you can plan a few characters to level in advance, as to get the copies of her the event is pretty rough on those with limited leveled servant lists. And those copies are very important for her to be the Buster Nuke she is.
    Last edited by Saambell; 2019-06-07 at 08:37 AM.

2. - Top - End - #752
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So been a bit since I've posted on the forums but been reading through this thread and figured I'd jump back in since I've been lurking around this thread a bit.

Having missed Onigashima last time around I pulled pretty hard for Raikou (and lucked into NP2 thanks to the green gate summon ticket) but I also had a question about efficiency for the event. Is it better to just focus on the raid bosses/XP dailies until the extra quests open up to farm or should I do all event and rely on event shop flames/blazes? I'm inclined towards the latter (and I'm flush to the gills with event CEs from pulling for Raikou) but can see a bit of the former so I wanted more popular opinion.

Also if anyone still needs to fill out their friend list I've got 20 some odd spots open on mine. My ID is 715,324,935

3. - Top - End - #753
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

You should do every quest at least once to get the rewards from them. The beans will increase your damage in the raid fights, making them easier, and the dumplings will give you BP to fight the raids more often. Since you missed the previous event, doing the 40AP quests will also give you resources to buy the Sumo CE, which will greatly enhance your damage for the entire event.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-06-07 at 09:52 AM.

4. - Top - End - #754
    Titan in the Playground

Speaking of CEs, keep two things in mind.

First, I think it's been mentioned, but form two separate teams - one for farming, one for raids. The CEs you use for each differ, and while it helps to stack your drop CEs while farming, you only want damage CEs while raiding.

Second, and related, you want to MLB Golden Sumo as soon as you can. Since it's a selfish CE - it only benefits the character using it, and you're not going to fill the party with them - MLB it and put it on your primary damage-dealer. Do not MLB Hot Springs - instead, put one on each of your back-row Servants.

Consider it this way. If you place Golden Sumo, non-MLB, on three Servants, each of them gets +100% damage. If you place Hot Springs, non-MLB, on three Servants, each of them gets +150%. If you then put Golden Sumo on your two main damage-dealers, even if non-MLB, they're dealing a total of +250%; if you have an MLB Golden Sumo, that's +350%. And that's before counting Servant-specific bonuses, such as Rider Kintoki's +100%.

But yeah, echoing what Resileaf said. Don't put the normal levels on farm, per se, but at least make an effort to clear them.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

5. - Top - End - #755
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Well, when the final chapter was released, there was a huge raid event with six raid bosses for the community to beat together, and the Prisma Illya event has a semi-raid event, but rather than everyone fighting the boss together, it's you fighting the boss multiple times.

Aside from that, I don't know if there will be more raid events.
    i don't think Japan has had another raid event, not this year but next year prisma causeway rerun will have those solo raid things, and the summer event that year will also have solo raids. and there is also a single actual raid in the halloween event that year but i think that's it.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

6. - Top - End - #756
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Speaking of CEs, keep two things in mind.

First, I think it's been mentioned, but form two separate teams - one for farming, one for raids. The CEs you use for each differ, and while it helps to stack your drop CEs while farming, you only want damage CEs while raiding.

Second, and related, you want to MLB Golden Sumo as soon as you can. Since it's a selfish CE - it only benefits the character using it, and you're not going to fill the party with them - MLB it and put it on your primary damage-dealer. Do not MLB Hot Springs - instead, put one on each of your back-row Servants.

Consider it this way. If you place Golden Sumo, non-MLB, on three Servants, each of them gets +100% damage. If you place Hot Springs, non-MLB, on three Servants, each of them gets +150%. If you then put Golden Sumo on your two main damage-dealers, even if non-MLB, they're dealing a total of +250%; if you have an MLB Golden Sumo, that's +350%. And that's before counting Servant-specific bonuses, such as Rider Kintoki's +100%.

But yeah, echoing what Resileaf said. Don't put the normal levels on farm, per se, but at least make an effort to clear them.
    Would you say, then, to hold on to the three currencies to buy the CE's and just take the Rider when the event is over? Or should I instead save up on 600 of each to get the Summon? Probably won't have time to commit to getting 900 of each before the event is over.

7. - Top - End - #757
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Would you say, then, to hold on to the three currencies to buy the CE's and just take the Rider when the event is over? Or should I instead save up on 600 of each to get the Summon? Probably won't have time to commit to getting 900 of each before the event is over.
    Farming gets easier when the final node is released. Get the CEs first, and they should help you get Kintoki afterwards.

8. - Top - End - #758
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Farming gets easier when the final node is released. Get the CEs first, and they should help you get Kintoki afterwards.
    This. If you look at the visual guide upthread, you'll note that four locations are marked with a blue star (Forest and Tea House for Brocade, Mountain Trail for Coral, Hot Springs for Basket), indicating that they are good for farming before Rakshasa-level difficulty opens. Once that opens, however, you'll want to hit the three places marked with a gold star (Tower for Brocade, Mountain Trail again for Coral, Hot Springs again for Basket) for your farming. The drops are far superior at that point; prior to that, they're just unimpressive.

There's also the fact that, for those who do not have access to the drop-improving CEs, the Summit - which unlocks later - drops all three currencies. If you have a CE that improves drops, it's probably more efficient to farm that currency in one of the places mentioned above, but if you don't, it's actually extremely AP-efficient to farm the Summit once it opens.

Simply put, it's not worth farming until the higher difficulties open up. Grab the damage CEs instead to help with raids, and hit the raids to get all sorts of goodies - including apples to help you farm later.

All that said, if you honestly think you're not going to have a lot of opportunity to farm because life stuff is coming right at you, then yes, you should probably save up for your Kintoki copies. But keep in mind that you get his ascension item from raids, so unless you're very confident in your ability to hit 100m damage, you're going to need those CEs to help you hit those thresholds.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

9. - Top - End - #759
    Titan in the Playground

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    This. If you look at the visual guide upthread, you'll note that four locations are marked with a blue star (Forest and Tea House for Brocade, Mountain Trail for Coral, Hot Springs for Basket), indicating that they are good for farming before Rakshasa-level difficulty opens. Once that opens, however, you'll want to hit the three places marked with a gold star (Tower for Brocade, Mountain Trail again for Coral, Hot Springs again for Basket) for your farming. The drops are far superior at that point; prior to that, they're just unimpressive.

There's also the fact that, for those who do not have access to the drop-improving CEs, the Summit - which unlocks later - drops all three currencies. If you have a CE that improves drops, it's probably more efficient to farm that currency in one of the places mentioned above, but if you don't, it's actually extremely AP-efficient to farm the Summit once it opens.

Simply put, it's not worth farming until the higher difficulties open up. Grab the damage CEs instead to help with raids, and hit the raids to get all sorts of goodies - including apples to help you farm later.

All that said, if you honestly think you're not going to have a lot of opportunity to farm because life stuff is coming right at you, then yes, you should probably save up for your Kintoki copies. But keep in mind that you get his ascension item from raids, so unless you're very confident in your ability to hit 100m damage, you're going to need those CEs to help you hit those thresholds.
    Considering I haven't even finished the second chapter of the main story yet....I not only am I not confident in my ability to do 100m damage...I can say without any kind of doubt I cannot do anything like that. I just figured I'd leap into this event since it was on going. I have one servant (Fuuma) at their first Ascension...and that's really about it.

10. - Top - End - #760
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Why can't I buy extra copies of kintoki Rider? It says requirements not met yet. Do I have to raise his bond level or Ascension? I'm using my last year's copy since I didn't have time for it last go around.

11. - Top - End - #761

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    Why can't I buy extra copies of kintoki Rider? It says requirements not met yet. Do I have to raise his bond level or Ascension? I'm using my last year's copy since I didn't have time for it last go around.
    You just need to wait until Ushi Gozen is dead and the story is finished.

12. - Top - End - #762

NecromancerGirl

Theres not enough CEs in the shop to make them worth it to me. For now im just getting the 2 copies of kintoki I need for NP5 then im clearing the shop. Last year I only got 2 copies of Kintoki and 4 Sumos so this year I need a Sumo to drop or its not worth it to buy the others.

13. - Top - End - #763

Thanks for all the responses guys.

Considering I haven't even finished the second chapter of the main story yet....I not only am I not confident in my ability to do 100m damage...I can say without any kind of doubt I cannot do anything like that. I just figured I'd leap into this event since it was on going. I have one servant (Fuuma) at their first Ascension...and that's really about it.
    Well, if you're certain you aren't going to get to 100M damage, then there isn't much point in getting the extra copies of Kintoki - in the long run, he'll fall behind if you can't ascend him all the way. Golden Sumo is one of the best CEs for raw power however, and is worth getting five of regardless of it's use in the event.

That said, don't be too quick to assume you can't hit that 100M - powerful support servants such as Jack (against female enemeies like Gozen) or Hijikata can deal more than 1M in a single NP with buffs, Golden Sumo, and the team power CEs (the team power CEs apply even if their holder is KO'd or in the backline.) Charge them up, drop every buff you can scrape together on them (don't forget the attack up from the basic Mystic Code.) Shakespeare has a 20% Buster buff as his first skill, and Caesar has Tactics and Charisma if you can get him to his second acension. Consider buying the Gold embers from the event shop and mana prism shop. The temporary boosters you get from the free quests can be huge as well. If you're having trouble keeping your supporter alive, here's a dirty trick - shutting down the app before your next turn starts and you will resume at the previous turn just before you attacked with the same RNG seed, and using an ability or a different set of cards will change that seed. Scripted attacks like enemy NPs will still go off, but if they dropped three crits in a row on somebody this can give you a second chance.
    Last edited by spectralphoenix; 2019-06-09 at 04:03 PM.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

14. - Top - End - #764
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Phoenix makes a solid point. Hunting good friend units can help a TON with this and I'm sure you can find the odd Jack or Raikou (especially now). Also don't discount event 3 stars either, I had a popup from YouTube where someone hit 6 million damage with Ushiwakamaru which was an extreme corner case but +160% damage (Event Bonus + Sumo) with a quick bean and a few buffs can do surprisingly well.

Also don't forget that even partial damage counts so hitting a boss for 560,000/1,000,000 damage while not ideal does help grind up for damage rewards and the farming/grinding process tends to feed it's own build up over time and spending all your BP doesn't hurt other progression as they're different pools so shoot for the moon and you may be surprised at where you end up.

15. - Top - End - #765
    Titan in the Playground

Managed to get three copies of the Golden Sumo CE. Quite enjoyed this whole event over all. I know it's not over, but it was a nice change of pace from drilling through the storyline.

16. - Top - End - #766

NecromancerGirl

Got all my damage rewards done before the main raids finished, now its time to farm. One problem though: I dont see any Rakshasa difficulty anywhere. I'm still seeing Oni as the max. Do I have to do something to unlock them, or do others not see them either?

17. - Top - End - #767
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

The Rakshasa difficulty will appear after the timer for the final raid expires.

18. - Top - End - #768

RedWizardGuy

Managed to get three copies of the Golden Sumo CE. Quite enjoyed this whole event over all. I know it's not over, but it was a nice change of pace from drilling through the storyline.
    I didn't realized until last night that only hot springs drops golden sumo. So much wasted AP grrrr

19. - Top - End - #769

NecromancerGirl

I didn't realized until last night that only hot springs drops golden sumo. So much wasted AP grrrr
    Weird, as Mountain Trail supposedly drops Golden Sumo according to the guide I was linked. Forest and Cave as well, but those are more niche nodes. Have yet to get any to drop, but the instant I get one to, I'm buying the store copies.

20. - Top - End - #770

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Weird, as Mountain Trail supposedly drops Golden Sumo according to the guide I was linked. Forest and Cave as well, but those are more niche nodes. Have yet to get any to drop, but the instant I get one to, I'm buying the store copies.
    Look at the drops display, and it'll show you if you have blank not yet dropped items. Mine showed all drops came, but didn't list golden sumo.

21. - Top - End - #771

NecromancerGirl

Look at the drops display, and it'll show you if you have blank not yet dropped items. Mine showed all drops came, but didn't list golden sumo.
    Im looking at the Rakshasa Item Drop List for Mountain Trail, there's a ? listed there cause I haven't gotten the CE drop. It drops Gears, Monuments, Pieces, Blue Beans, and Coral, and some unknown thing, which I haven't had drop yet. Also, you posted before the final node appeared. I look at the Oni level, and that doesn't have a listed drop for the CE. But Rakshasa does have the drop listed. And yeah, the map I use was made for the Rakshasa difficulty listings.

22. - Top - End - #772

RedWizardGuy

Right, I was referring to nonrakasha spots.

23. - Top - End - #773
    Troll in the Playground

CE drops are often hidden drops that don't have a spot on the drop list until they drop for you.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

24. - Top - End - #774
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

CEs are just really rare to drop and you just need to pray the RNG doesn't hate you.

That said, finished Shinjuku (wanted to clear it before the 1/2 AP went off and needed to level/enhance a few servants which took a bit) and good lord some of those fights were a pain (not as bad as Camelot was thankfully) but the story was fun. It's also the first time since probably Septum that I've actually been fully caught up with the story (had to blitz 1/2 of Camelot, Babylonia, and Solomon to be eligible for the BB event). Now the trick is to keep up which is a pain with how aggressive some of the event schedule can be.

25. - Top - End - #775
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tyracus View Post
    That said, finished Shinjuku (wanted to clear it before the 1/2 AP went off and needed to level/enhance a few servants which took a bit) and good lord some of those fights were a pain (not as bad as Camelot was thankfully) but the story was fun. It's also the first time since probably Septum that I've actually been fully caught up with the story (had to blitz 1/2 of Camelot, Babylonia, and Solomon to be eligible for the BB event). Now the trick is to keep up which is a pain with how aggressive some of the event schedule can be.
    The Lobo fight was intense, I had to retry it because I didn't know the full effects of his NP.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

26. - Top - End - #776
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Yael View Post
    The Lobo fight was intense, I had to retry it because I didn't know the full effects of his NP.
    Yeah, he was a bit of a pain, took some doing and had a few issues with him buffing up, dropping his debuff on one of my supports while Waver's buff was down and deleting them. Pretty much was a damage race and praying I could get enough through before stalling failed out (seriously Squirtoria, Waver and Tamamo caster team should not have 2 turns in a row with NO ARTS CARDS ). Archer took two tries because I didn't realize the fight was a damage race and took an Arts stall team who got stunned then ate his NP and died. That said the story definitely improved as time went on though I think Shinjuku wasn't quite as compelling as Babylon and Solomon (to be expected really) and the build up towards the epic of remnant bits could be a lot of fun.

Now I just need to get 70 million more damage and more shop mats but I did have another Golden Sumo drop for me farming coral so now I have another for farming if desired (and can hope for the extreme odds of farming 4 more to have 2 MLBed, I think I wound up with a total of 8 "One Summer" CEs from Seraph so 1 MLB and 3 spares).
    Last edited by Tyracus; 2019-06-13 at 05:05 PM.

27. - Top - End - #777

NecromancerGirl

I found Shinjuku fun, though I saved the final 2 battles for after SERAPH, when I could bring double BB to fight the Avenger Boss. The Lobo fight wasn't too bad for me, though I did have a moment of "wait what, I had invincible why did one of my characters just die?" before looking up that his NP has Instant Death chance. And JAlter was great fun, being an Edgelord with a hidden soft side.

Anyone know who the 4 main ghost detectives were? I know for sure they referenced Hercule Poirot as being the one famous enough to match Holmes who didn't get summoned. But I am sure the other 4 were also famous mystery protagonists, but I am not well enough read in such genre to name the main 4 shown as silhouettes.

28. - Top - End - #778
    Orc in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quick google brought me to a reddit thread on that very question which had the following:

Round-Faced Priest is "Father Brown" by author G. K. Chesterton.

String-fiddling Old Man is "The Old Man" by author Baroness Orczy.

Shaggy-Haired Professor is "Professor Augustus S. F. X. Van Dusen" by author Jacques Futrelle.

Straight Laced Gentleman is "Dr. Thorndyke" by author R. Austin Freeman.

Not really a big detective novel guy so that part was more a neat detail than something I worried over. Kinda felt a bit like the Tiamat battle which is probably still my favorite bit of the plot (gonna whale so hard for Eresh) probably tied right up there with the servants assemble bit of Solomon. Also looking forward to learning more about the beasts as we've seen 4 by now (and IV was a bit of a "whassahuh!?" moment) and the info on II references VI there's at least 2 left and they tend to make a splash when they show up.

29. - Top - End - #779

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Tyracus View Post
    Quick google brought me to a reddit thread on that very question which had the following:

Round-Faced Priest is "Father Brown" by author G. K. Chesterton.

String-fiddling Old Man is "The Old Man" by author Baroness Orczy.

Shaggy-Haired Professor is "Professor Augustus S. F. X. Van Dusen" by author Jacques Futrelle.

Straight Laced Gentleman is "Dr. Thorndyke" by author R. Austin Freeman.

Not really a big detective novel guy so that part was more a neat detail than something I worried over. Kinda felt a bit like the Tiamat battle which is probably still my favorite bit of the plot (gonna whale so hard for Eresh) probably tied right up there with the servants assemble bit of Solomon. Also looking forward to learning more about the beasts as we've seen 4 by now (and IV was a bit of a "whassahuh!?" moment) and the info on II references VI there's at least 2 left and they tend to make a splash when they show up.
    Thanks for looking those up for me, I had a feeling I knew of the priest at least.

Regarding the Beasts, I see you are nicely avoiding spoilers. All I have to say is note Kiara's name as a beast. I saw it almost 2 years ago and instantly picked up on a hint that didn't get expanded on until this year in JP. And I had been spoiled on Beast 4 by a bit of Monty Python Parody Art a while ago.

30. - Top - End - #780
    Ogre in the Playground

I just started this game a couple weeks ago, and while I'm doing okay I'm far from confident that I'm doing as well as I could be. Does anyone know of a useful beginner guide they could point me toward?

Spoiler: My Servant list
    Show

Using:
    Mash
    Orion
    Lu Bu
    Medusa (Rider)
    Hans Christian Andersen
    Cu Chulainn (Lancer)
    Emiya Alter (though I just summoned him so he's not leveled up yet)
    Stheno (my initial 4 star, but she's mostly riding the bench right now because she's such an extremely niche character)

I have Sakata Kintoki from the event, but haven't had the chance to start leveling him up yet.

I also have a lot of the 3 star and below Servants, except that I have not yet summoned any Saber Servants and I'm starting to get really annoyed about it.

EDIT: Apparently I should have complained about my lack of Sabers sooner, because immediately after this post I did my daily 10x Friend summon, and I got both Gaius Julius Caesar and Gilles de Rais.

Two of my friends are also playing this game, and through them I have access to Emiya and Quetzalcoatl, which are both HUGELY helpful so far.
    Last edited by Velaryon; 2019-06-15 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.