New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 48 of 50 FirstFirst ... 2338394041424344454647484950 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 1472
  1. - Top - End - #1411
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order III - Protecc those Smiles

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Just saying. At some point, someone wrote the "rules" about what it took to become a Servant, and then left those "rules" around where Medea could find them.

You know what she does with those things.
    Maybe the sheer amount of ridiculous rule-breaking absurdity that Medea had to work to allow into the game is why there's not enough strength left in her NP to do anything more than strip some buffs and do piddly damage.

I mean for crying out loud, in UBW she used that Noble Phantasm to not only summon another Servant as a Master herself, but to steal Servants from other Masters. At one point she controlled like half the players in the Holy Grail War directly. And in this game it does like 20K damage single-target and strips buffs. Not useless, but way less effect than it should have [/rant].
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

2. - Top - End - #1412
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    Just saying. At some point, someone wrote the "rules" about what it took to become a Servant, and then left those "rules" around where Medea could find them.

You know what she does with those things.
    She's not the only one...
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

3. - Top - End - #1413
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    Maybe the sheer amount of ridiculous rule-breaking absurdity that Medea had to work to allow into the game is why there's not enough strength left in her NP to do anything more than strip some buffs and do piddly damage.

I mean for crying out loud, in UBW she used that Noble Phantasm to not only summon another Servant as a Master herself, but to steal Servants from other Masters. At one point she controlled like half the players in the Holy Grail War directly. And in this game it does like 20K damage single-target and strips buffs. Not useless, but way less effect than it should have [/rant].
    If they used the lore for straight mechanics you'd be able to one-shot every enemy with Shiki. I accept that they try to capture the flavour of these characters in their abilities, you couldn't make a game which genuinely captures the myriad reality-warping powers of Servants outside of a pretty flexible TTRPG maybe.

Although, I don't think Rule-Breaker's power would have much meaning in a FGO scenario. Its strength was conditional on the parameters of the Fuyuki Grail War and having these magical contracts to play off of -- not particularly useful against living humans, independent Servants, or random monsters which are your main adversaries.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2019-10-09 at 01:04 PM.

4. - Top - End - #1414
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

It is explained that servants summoned by the MC are much weaker than they could be because the MC's magic talents are incredibly weak. To make up for it, they are an incredible summoner able to form contracts with any and all servants at the same time. You make up for the individual weakness of your servants with extreme versatility.

5. - Top - End - #1415
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    It is explained that servants summoned by the MC are much weaker than they could be because the MC's magic talents are incredibly weak. To make up for it, they are an incredible summoner able to form contracts with any and all servants at the same time. You make up for the individual weakness of your servants with extreme versatility.
    The protagonist basically has S+ Rank Charisma, because they're able to get along with every servant. And I think its been a recurring theme that those who view/treat a servant as an ally or friend, rather than a tool, tend to do better and get more out of their servants. So while the servants might not be as strong as they should be, they like their Master enough that they put in 110% without even being asked.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

6. - Top - End - #1416
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Appearance: Rin but with blonde hair. Not bad.

Character: Moe Push Over. Nope, lost me.

I really don't see the appeal. She has little character, only good for a smile. Not enough for me to devote highly limited SQ when there's several other characters I want mashed into a few months.
    So fair that you don't like the character. But everyone has different tastes so it is kinda in bad taste to dump over other people's tastes.

I think your characterization of her is a bit off personally. I like her for that dazzling smile and massive hidden strength of character that let's her do massive feats to help out. (As opposed to the goddess who was so incapable of doing anything that the only relevant thing she ended up doing in the story was blow a hole in the ground to let eresh help. Though I can see why some people like Ishtar anyway.)

I don't care about mechanics as such I have only ever even borrowed Merlin less than a dozen times for more that the bond ce some people put on him. I only care about the characters as a character.

As far as grinding embers goes... I grinded at least 5 four star serveats to 80 from 1 this last week. I really have been neglecting some of these. I might finally grind up d'eon and Siegfried.

Edit: I also now have the cat apron to rule all of Chaldean or so the legend goes. Actually a pretty good ce though it is difficult to take advantage of without using zhuge to get tamamo cat's NP up without using a kaleidoscope or my MLB knights of Marines
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2019-10-09 at 05:38 PM.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

7. - Top - End - #1417
    Ogre in the Playground

I rolled for Musashi this morning, knowing that with 6 tickets and 45 SQ I didn't have much chance of getting lucky. And... I didn't. Got a few new CE's and a 3* Lancer I've never seen before named Houzouin Inshun. Anyone got the scoop on him?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

8. - Top - End - #1418
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I rolled for Musashi this morning, knowing that with 6 tickets and 45 SQ I didn't have much chance of getting lucky. And... I didn't. Got a few new CE's and a 3* Lancer I've never seen before named Houzouin Inshun. Anyone got the scoop on him?
    I saw a profile video on Houzoin putting him in the same vein as Cu if not to the extent of claiming he's the second coming. He's apparently low-key powerful. with a focus on constant crit-damage and spamming his NP to constantly build his momentum. You build up stars, you crit, you NP, you crit harder and build up NP gauge faster, you NP again, you crit harder... and so on, with each NP giving him potential additional stacks of Evasion if you're lucky.

His main issue is when the game's crit mechanics goes sour he can't do much about it, and you don't want him competing for stars with another party member. Also, his ignore Evasion and mental debuff resists are obviously fairly situational.

Anyways, he seems worth investing in.

9. - Top - End - #1419
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Having trouble with Nox after the update. I'm stuck on a black screen when I launch Fate GO. Have they broken Nox again?

10. - Top - End - #1420
    Troll in the Playground

Having trouble with Nox after the update. I'm stuck on a black screen when I launch Fate GO. Have they broken Nox again?
    I had the same issue, and barring any solutions I could think of just switched my emulator to MeMu.

11. - Top - End - #1421
    Troll in the Playground

They did update for Android 10, so that might have broken emulation.

I'm working through the new Singularity. The first boss was close, only had a few hundred HP left on my last servant when a nice Buster Crit finished him off. The later bosses will SUCK with Musashi forced into your party though, since she's only 70 and lacks a CE.

I just wonder if I can finish it before Halloween shows up and I have to work my butt off for my welfare waifu, Mecha Eli-chan.

Factotum Variants!

12. - Top - End - #1422
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

As long as you spend your AP, you shouldn't have any trouble getting to the end before Halloween.

13. - Top - End - #1423
    Orc in the Playground

I originally switched to nox because my phone stopped working looks like i'll be doing a 180 (...i really liked looking at youtube while playing the game ).

Ellenate <--- Click for Ellenate webcomic, season 3!
    Ellenate Twitter <--- Click for pretty pictures.

14. - Top - End - #1424
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by ellenate View Post
    I originally switched to nox because my phone stopped working looks like i'll be doing a 180 (...i really liked looking at youtube while playing the game ).
    Same. Hopefully Nox can patch their program before the day is over. I haven't broken my login streak ever since I started playing, I'd be happy if I could keep it that way.

15. - Top - End - #1425
    Troll in the Playground

Oh~

I told myself that I'd go for a draw the next time there was an Archer Banner Servant, as I have no SR or above Archers and none of the 3-Stars really impress me to the point that I'd grail them. Anyways, I got an Archer Inferno with a 10-spin.

Which, in retrospect was kind of dumb since I'll need to get to Shimosa just to get her Ascension materials and I'm just beginning Camelot... though apparently they'll be in the shop for the Halloween event.

When is that? Next week?
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2019-10-10 at 02:40 PM.

16. - Top - End - #1426
    Orc in the Playground

Same. Hopefully Nox can patch their program before the day is over. I haven't broken my login streak ever since I started playing, I'd be happy if I could keep it that way.

bit the bullet and just switched back to my phone... I don't know if nox is going to be able to fix it today.

i honestly wanted to switch back to see if it was "easier" overall, guess i get to find out. (lots of downloading btw. if you're going to do it you might not want to give yourself a buffer before the reset gets you.)

@ Kitten Champion

I'd guess 2 weeks.
    Last edited by ellenate; 2019-10-10 at 02:37 PM.

17. - Top - End - #1427
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

In JP, it was Shimosa on the 14th, Second Banner on the 20th, then Halloween on the 25th. So a little over one week, yet not quite two. I can see it being the 20th for NA for Halloween. Or maybe 18th since they don't like starting events on Sundays, rather giving people the weekend to play.

Meanwhile, dropped 60SQ for a chance or few at Tomoe Gozen. Sadly didn't get her. Heck, I got 3 4 Star CE, all bad ones. Angels Song, Necromancy, and Seal Enforcer. Currently debating if to roll on second banner for Danzo, or to save my SQ for Osakabe. I do like Osakabe far more then Danzo, but Danzo is story locked... Its a tough choice. Given how I am skipping Shimosa to grind Pages and Embers for Osakabe's sake, I think I'm going to give a little effort to try to skip Danzo. Worst case I can get her next 4 Star Ticket. Also I think I might start saving all my tickets for Christmas. I would like Eresh, very cute despite my comments that's just me trying to not give into my marine mammal tendencies, but not quite willing to put SQ to her when there's others near her I prefer more.

18. - Top - End - #1428

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    Oh~

I told myself that I'd go for a draw the next time there was an Archer Banner Servant, as I have no SR or above Archers and none of the 3-Stars really impress me to the point that I'd grail them. Anyways, I got an Archer Inferno with a 10-spin.

Which, in retrospect was kind of dumb since I'll need to get to Shimosa just to get her Ascension materials and I'm just beginning Camelot... though apparently they'll be in the shop for the Halloween event.

When is that? Next week?
    Halloween will probably be in 2 weeks. There's a second Shimosa banner they need to fit in before it.
    Last edited by nightwyrm; 2019-10-10 at 04:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #1429
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Joyous news, there's a working fix to my Nox problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/...uble_with_nox/

Had to get an Android 7 emulation going, but it worked.

By the way, this thread is almost at page 50. Time for a new title.
    Last edited by Resileaf; 2019-10-10 at 06:50 PM.

20. - Top - End - #1430

NecromancerGirl

I vote "Merry Ereshmas" as this thread is likely to last us up past then. Or we mention the Halloween event with "Dragons, Witches, Heroes, and Mecha, Oh My" as a nod to Liz's various forms.

21. - Top - End - #1431
    Orc in the Playground

Is there an official fix?

I think fgo is the only game i've played that has a solid transfer system setup. The whole thing still makes me nervous though.

I vote "Merry Ereshmas" as this thread is likely to last us up past then. Or we mention the Halloween event with "Dragons, Witches, Heroes, and Mecha, Oh My" as a nod to Liz's various forms.

predictive titles?

the next next one should be

"drawing in the new year with Katsushika Hokusai"

22. - Top - End - #1432
    Bugbear in the Playground

Android 10 also got a fix, was putting that update off.

As for the title, maybe something related to the anime, like "All Quiet on the Demonic Front".
    Steam ID
    Chained Cambion Avatar by Elder Tsofu.

23. - Top - End - #1433
    Bugbear in the Playground

This thread lasted for eight months, so I would prefer to avoid references to upcoming events - they'll be a bit stale next May.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

24. - Top - End - #1434

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    This thread lasted for eight months, so I would prefer to avoid references to upcoming events - they'll be a bit stale next May.
    Fair enough, keep it to the universal truths of the game. "Summoning Mana Prisms" I feel captures the fickle gacha well. Or "Quartz is Temporary, Waifus are Eternal".

25. - Top - End - #1435
    Troll in the Playground

I'm a fan of 'My Command Spells are burning red! Their loud roar tells me use Noble Phantasms!'

Factotum Variants!

26. - Top - End - #1436
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Fair enough, keep it to the universal truths of the game. "Summoning Mana Prisms" I feel captures the fickle gacha well. Or "Quartz is Temporary, Waifus are Eternal".
    If there isn't enough room in the title, I suggest shortening that last one to "Waifus are Eternal".

27. - Top - End - #1437
    Troll in the Playground

I was thinking

Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

My Hero Chaldea.

League of Extraordinary Saber-Faces.

28. - Top - End - #1438
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    If they used the lore for straight mechanics you'd be able to one-shot every enemy with Shiki. I accept that they try to capture the flavour of these characters in their abilities, you couldn't make a game which genuinely captures the myriad reality-warping powers of Servants outside of a pretty flexible TTRPG maybe.

Although, I don't think Rule-Breaker's power would have much meaning in a FGO scenario. Its strength was conditional on the parameters of the Fuyuki Grail War and having these magical contracts to play off of -- not particularly useful against living humans, independent Servants, or random monsters which are your main adversaries.
    I think part of it is that lore-wise, most of the Holy War servants from Fate/Stay should really be either 4* or 5*; they are explicitly some of the beefiest folks out there - 5* for Artoria, Gilgamesh, Heracles, and Medea, and 4* for Medusa, Cu Culainn, and Archer seems appropriate. Koujiro being a low-star servant makes perfect sense.

I could imagine a Rule Breaker NP that does no damage, Curses an enemy, and applies a unique status effect that makes them attack their allies instead of their enemies for a turn or two. Still weaker than the Fate/Stay one, but more powerful and in-theme. But that would need to be in the "Top Tier Servant with BS Noble Phantasm" tier.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

29. - Top - End - #1439
    Troll in the Playground

i find it kinda hilarious that as this thread grows close to closing it is getting close to eresh banner. since the title was partially inspired by ereshkigal's smile, though many other smiles still apply. it'll be about equally bookended in space by her.

anyway, as i have put ereshkigal ahead of even abigail (which is a little painful honestly) i have sent for a suitable summoning catalyst and in the next couple days should have the nendoroid for ereshkigal.

in more relevent discussions, i really don't know, none of the suggested names really speak to me personally for the next title.

and shimosa is amazing, it is proving to be a top tier threat to my eresh stash, but i must remain strong.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

30. - Top - End - #1440
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    i find it kinda hilarious that as this thread grows close to closing it is getting close to eresh banner. since the title was partially inspired by ereshkigal's smile, though many other smiles still apply. it'll be about equally bookended in space by her.

anyway, as i have put ereshkigal ahead of even abigail (which is a little painful honestly) i have sent for a suitable summoning catalyst and in the next couple days should have the nendoroid for ereshkigal.

in more relevent discussions, i really don't know, none of the suggested names really speak to me personally for the next title.

and shimosa is amazing, it is proving to be a top tier threat to my eresh stash, but i must remain strong.
    Yeah after fighting her (and barely winning thanks to Classic Cu) I would love to have Tomoe in my roster, but I must be strong.

Factotum Variants!