New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

GnomePirate

Default elemental spells

I am working on a alternate system for spellcasting that is based on 7 elements: Fire, Earth, Air, Water, Metal, Wood, and Void

The current phase of this project involves making a list of spells by spell level that fit the various themes. The first four are easy (domain spells + spell filter [earth/fire/air/water descriptor]. The others don't work out quite so cut-and-dried, so any suggestions for spells that fit the other themes would be appreciated. I plan on hitting up complete Arcane ASAP, as I recall Wu-Jen having a Metal element, with associated spells.

I am associating positive energy spells with Wood and negative energy spells with Void. This is of course an oversimplification, but it is justified within the context of the setting I am building this for.

Thanks in Advance

EDIt- Suggestions so far:
    Void:
    6 or 7: Disintegrate
    Last edited by Skjaldbakka; 2007-09-26 at 01:09 AM.
    Aratos Tell
    HP:53/53 AC:19,FlatFooted:16,Touch:13
    Active Effects: Speak w/Animals
    Spells Prepared: Cure Minor Wounds*4, Flare, Calm Animals, Charm Animal, Cure Light Wounds, Animal Messenger, Flaming Sphere, Lesser Restoration, Hold Animal, Cure Mod. Wounds*2, Speak w/Plants

Megiddo
    HP:26/26 PP: 40/40 AC:14,FlatFooted:13,Touch:13
    Active Effects:
    Spells Prepared: Light*2, Burning Hands*2, Protection f/Evil, Magic Missile, Shocking Grasp, See Invis., Acid Arrow, Scorching Ray*2

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: elemental spells

Just stopping by to say that Wu-Jen get wood spells, too.

Also, how about disintegrate for void?

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: elemental spells

Ah! A cross between Japanese and Chinese elemental systems eh? Very nice idea! As my group's resident element fanatic (i even designed a whole frackin' campaign setting about the elements!) I'd love to help. I might even make some base classes....

Wood:
    Tree Stride,
    Wood Warp

Metal:
    Rusting Grasp

(All I could think of this late at night)

Though, these might be in CArc anyways...I left my copy at my other house.

Cheers,
    Altharis
    Attack of the most awesome Ceikatar!!!!!

My stocks:OOTS 40, HNJO 88, GOLD 5.

What do you get when you cross Star Wars, Star Trek, OD&D, and percentile rolls, and jumble it up in a big pot of surrealism? This game right here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Librarian View Post
    Altharis' crown is beautiful in its simplicity, a symbol of understated elegance and a sign that this man is both aware of his power and his responsibilities; the sort of guy Spider-Man would like to have a drink with.