New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 22 of 50 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930313247 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #631
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle 5: Mister Rogers in a Bloodstained Sweater

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    We all know that that's just something they made up to justify not actually giving either character a fair evaluation.

So yeah, it's not gonna apply.
    My money is still on Mob though, just by dint of reputation.

Spoiler: Ganon vs Dracula
    Show
    Anyone else annoyed at the Meteor strike calculation? I mean, if it produced that much energy, it should of destroyed the castle around them. Since it didn't, the force used should be much much lower. In fact, once you remove that feat, I think Ganon has the edge in durability, though not regeneration.

Also, I think Ganon has the edge in corrupting things and has certainly possessed things before. Admittedly, he's never had to deal with someone attacking his soul directly, but his soul has certainly weaponized before.

Oh, and as a quibble, a universe is just a self contained dimension. Maybe they just didn't state it, but the Chaos Realm isn't necessarily comparable to our universe. Though mind you, putting the triforce of power at 1/3 the power needed to create a planet is a pretty big reach as well.
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

2. - Top - End - #632
    Titan in the Playground

I mean the Triforce of Power should be 100% of the power needed to make a planet. One of the deities created the planet itself, the other two populated it with water (and the creatures living under it) and an atmosphere (and everything that lives between the sea and sky).

The Triforce of Power is the ONLY one that actually increases its user's power significantly. It's kind of in the name; the whole idea is that it is raw power without the Wisdom or Courage to wield it "properly".

3. - Top - End - #633
    Ogre in the Playground

Mob is a powerful character, but unlike Saitama he actually does have limits. Mob's character isn't built around being unstoppable. and he does encounter characters that he can't brute force through. Through shown feats, and shown durability to damage, Tatsumaki takes this one.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

4. - Top - End - #634
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    Mob is a powerful character, but unlike Saitama he actually does have limits. Mob's character isn't built around being unstoppable. and he does encounter characters that he can't brute force through. Through shown feats, and shown durability to damage, Tatsumaki takes this one.
    I dunno if Tatsumaki takes it, though I agree it won't be as one-sided of a stomp.

Mob if nothing else seems to have a lot more fine control over his abilities than Tatsumaki. Dropping a meteor seems impressive, and is certainly FLASHIER than reconstituting a destroyed object and bonding the pieces back together at the molecular level...but my money's on the guy that can do the latter.

5. - Top - End - #635
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I dunno if Tatsumaki takes it, though I agree it won't be as one-sided of a stomp.

Mob if nothing else seems to have a lot more fine control over his abilities than Tatsumaki. Dropping a meteor seems impressive, and is certainly FLASHIER than reconstituting a destroyed object and bonding the pieces back together at the molecular level...but my money's on the guy that can do the latter.
    and then there's ??? you know what
    Spoiler
    Show
    when we take ??? and Mob when they merge back together than Mob might take it.

6. - Top - End - #636
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Another thing in Mob's favor is that his "mentor" TECHNICALLY knows about One Punch Man....considering that he has the caped baldy as his background picture on his phone... so Mob might scale even closer to the OPM verse.

7. - Top - End - #637
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rynjin View Post
    I mean the Triforce of Power should be 100% of the power needed to make a planet. One of the deities created the planet itself, the other two populated it with water (and the creatures living under it) and an atmosphere (and everything that lives between the sea and sky).

The Triforce of Power is the ONLY one that actually increases its user's power significantly. It's kind of in the name; the whole idea is that it is raw power without the Wisdom or Courage to wield it "properly".
    I hear a lot said about the powers of the individual pieces of the Triforce, but I never see official sources cited. Until I hear Hyrule historia or one of the games elucidated the powers of particular pieces I'm remaining skeptical of claims that the pieces have different, well-defined specific powers with clear limitations.

The idea that only power provides a power up is along the same lines of canonicity as the Mother's Basement/Game Theory crossover episode claiming the Triforce of Courage provides Re:Zero like ability to manipulate quantum probability (which is what allows you to come back from the dead or after a fall into lava or something).
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar

8. - Top - End - #638

BlackDragon

Mob hasn't fought a single character that he couldn't brute force through. Every single opponent its more about Mob NOT wanting to fight (both consciously and subconsciously) than beating them senseless. Mob also tanked what amounts to a city being thrown at him so he DOES have durability feats as well.
    and then there's ??? you know what
    Spoiler
    Show
    when we take ??? and Mob when they merge back together than Mob might take it.
    The problem tho Devonix is that
    Spoiler: ???
    Show
    is Mob without his limits. Mogami spelled it out when they was inside the mental world of the girl Mob was trying to save and Dimple confirmed it when he saw the beginning of that awakening. ??? is the side of Mob that is just pure power, with nothing mentally holding him back. He's not pissed, or sad, or mad or any other emotion. He's just power. And simply incapping Mob isn't enough to stop him cause ??? CAN spawn from that point.

Another feather in Mob's cap is that he can outright absorb psychic energy from others to power himself. He also doesn't share Tatsumaki's main two weaknesses: shield degradation while attacking and shield durability over prolonged periods.

I will be the first to admit that I haven't seen any of season 2 of OPM, so I don't know if she made any huge improvements, nor have I read the manga... But I have read and seen Mob. Mob learns abilities by seeing them and wanting to learn them: its how he learned how to manipulate plants. But the absorption ability is what I think will give him the huge edge, not ???. I don't think Tatsumaki has any defense against something like that, and I'm not sure she can prevent mob from just jacking her body either.

9. - Top - End - #639
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HolyDraconus View Post
    Mob hasn't fought a single character that he couldn't brute force through. Every single opponent its more about Mob NOT wanting to fight (both consciously and subconsciously) than beating them senseless. Mob also tanked what amounts to a city being thrown at him so he DOES have durability feats as well.

The problem tho Devonix is that
    Spoiler: ???
    Show
    is Mob without his limits. Mogami spelled it out when they was inside the mental world of the girl Mob was trying to save and Dimple confirmed it when he saw the beginning of that awakening. ??? is the side of Mob that is just pure power, with nothing mentally holding him back. He's not pissed, or sad, or mad or any other emotion. He's just power. And simply incapping Mob isn't enough to stop him cause ??? CAN spawn from that point.

Another feather in Mob's cap is that he can outright absorb psychic energy from others to power himself. He also doesn't share Tatsumaki's main two weaknesses: shield degradation while attacking and shield durability over prolonged periods.

I will be the first to admit that I haven't seen any of season 2 of OPM, so I don't know if she made any huge improvements, nor have I read the manga... But I have read and seen Mob. Mob learns abilities by seeing them and wanting to learn them: its how he learned how to manipulate plants. But the absorption ability is what I think will give him the huge edge, not ???. I don't think Tatsumaki has any defense against something like that, and I'm not sure she can prevent mob from just jacking her body either.

I'm mainly speaking of things having to do with the end of the manga, and stuff that will be in season 3 of the anime if it is ever released.
    Spoiler
    Show
    such as his confrontation with the augmented Dimple who he was unable to beat with brute force, as well as when he joins with his ??? self which is in actuality his original personality that he'd been suppresisng

10. - Top - End - #640

BlackDragon

I'm mainly speaking of things having to do with the end of the manga, and stuff that will be in season 3 of the anime if it is ever released.
    Spoiler
    Show
    such as his confrontation with the augmented Dimple who he was unable to beat with brute force, as well as when he joins with his ??? self which is in actuality his original personality that he'd been suppresisng
    I honestly think they are too lazy to go that far. Low hanging fruit and all that

11. - Top - End - #641

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Anyone else annoyed at the Meteor strike calculation? I mean, if it produced that much energy, it should of destroyed the castle around them. Since it didn't, the force used should be much much lower.
    This is the fundamental problem with any type of vs battle, especially death battle. The makers of these properties almost never take the time to do these types of calculations themselves. I'm sure the people making Castlevania didn't sit down and determine just how much force the meteor should be applying. As a result, you can't really take any of these feats to mean the things they're assumed to mean.

I believe in this case, what the DB crew were saying was that a meteor that size would cause that much force. Meteor impacts are surprisingly uniform; if you know the size and speed, you can calculate the force. So they had to assume either there was something fundamentally wrong with the meteor, or that the game creators just didn't know how much force they were using. They obviously went with the former (as would I, if I was asked), but I can see why you might want to use the later. I'd disagree, but I understand the impulse.
    I don't know about angels, but it's fear that gives men wings - Max Payne

12. - Top - End - #642
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Z3ro View Post
    This is the fundamental problem with any type of vs battle, especially death battle. The makers of these properties almost never take the time to do these types of calculations themselves. I'm sure the people making Castlevania didn't sit down and determine just how much force the meteor should be applying. As a result, you can't really take any of these feats to mean the things they're assumed to mean.

I believe in this case, what the DB crew were saying was that a meteor that size would cause that much force. Meteor impacts are surprisingly uniform; if you know the size and speed, you can calculate the force. So they had to assume either there was something fundamentally wrong with the meteor, or that the game creators just didn't know how much force they were using. They obviously went with the former (as would I, if I was asked), but I can see why you might want to use the later. I'd disagree, but I understand the impulse.
    Exactly, it's just like how the moon can appear Huge in certain works of fiction, that are supposed to take place in the real world. But if the moon was actually that close in the shot, then our tides would be completely screwed up and our environment destroyed.

But they just have the moon big because it looks pretty.
    Last edited by Devonix; 2019-10-18 at 09:51 AM.

13. - Top - End - #643
    Titan in the Playground

I feel like they didn't go with the former, they calculated the meteor straight, as if it was, well a meteor falling from space. So instead of thinking there was something fundamentally wrong with the meteor, they ignored whatever was wrong, and just played it perfectly straight.
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

14. - Top - End - #644
    Colossus in the Playground

I feel like they didn't go with the former, they calculated the meteor straight, as if it was, well a meteor falling from space. So instead of thinking there was something fundamentally wrong with the meteor, they ignored whatever was wrong, and just played it perfectly straight.
    Which seems like a bad idea when from what i recall said meteor was not summoned from the depths of space like sephiroth and his supernova. It was summoned directly overhead at a fairly short altitude and smashed into the ground magically. So you cant actually declare it does as much damage as a real life meteor strike.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

15. - Top - End - #645
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Which seems like a bad idea when from what i recall said meteor was not summoned from the depths of space like sephiroth and his supernova. It was summoned directly overhead at a fairly short altitude and smashed into the ground magically. So you cant actually declare it does as much damage as a real life meteor strike.
    Exactly my point!
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

16. - Top - End - #646
    Ogre in the Playground

Exactly my point!
    I've personally always hated using summons and things like Comet or meteor for the exact same reason as you guys dislike the meteor feat in Castlevania. These are theatrical attacks not representative of actual character abilities, or what they'd do to the environment.

17. - Top - End - #647

Dracula's castle isn't actually a castle.

It's a shapeshifting demon in the form of a castle.

You can't assume that its durability is the same that of a regular castle.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

18. - Top - End - #648

I've personally always hated using summons and things like Comet or meteor for the exact same reason as you guys dislike the meteor feat in Castlevania. These are theatrical attacks not representative of actual character abilities, or what they'd do to the environment.
    But at least when sephiroth uses supernova you get to see him physically summon a massive chunk of rock from outside the solar system, its not just opening a portal and dropping large ricks on our heads. Though that supernova attack is truly utterly absurd when you think about it. I mean, exactly how many hundreds of times the speed of light is that meteor traveling to reach from pluto to the sun in seconds flat, plowing through multiple worlds in the process? What is it MADE OF to survive all that? And while originally I thought it silly for a rock to set off the sun exploding, maybe a rock capable of plowing into the sun at 9698769087 times the speed of light and casually obliterating multiple planets while staying intact would be enough to blow up the sun too. :p
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

19. - Top - End - #649
    Ogre in the Playground

I mean, in Golden Sun, you can literally summon the angel of death that blows up the planet as its attack. And yet, once the animation is over, the planet is just fine. And your enemy is not even necessarily dead. A lot of games, especially JRPGs, have over the top attacks that are just supposed to look cool and not be taken literally.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

20. - Top - End - #650
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    But at least when sephiroth uses supernova you get to see him physically summon a massive chunk of rock from outside the solar system, its not just opening a portal and dropping large ricks on our heads. Though that supernova attack is truly utterly absurd when you think about it. I mean, exactly how many hundreds of times the speed of light is that meteor traveling to reach from pluto to the sun in seconds flat, plowing through multiple worlds in the process? What is it MADE OF to survive all that? And while originally I thought it silly for a rock to set off the sun exploding, maybe a rock capable of plowing into the sun at 9698769087 times the speed of light and casually obliterating multiple planets while staying intact would be enough to blow up the sun too. :p
    And yet it's an attack that is quite literally incapable of killing someone.

21. - Top - End - #651
    Titan in the Playground

Dracula's castle isn't actually a castle.

It's a shapeshifting demon in the form of a castle.

You can't assume that its durability is the same that of a regular castle.
    And yet DB treated it as a castle when calculating the stats of it collapsing on Dracula.
    Show
    Show
    here[/URL]

Show

22. - Top - End - #652

And yet DB treated it as a castle when calculating the stats of it collapsing on Dracula.
    Then they're wrong.

What else is new?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

23. - Top - End - #653
    Ogre in the Playground

Then they're wrong.

What else is new?
    For that I'd say it's either more durable than a castle of that size would be or of equal durability. I have a hard time believing it would be less.

24. - Top - End - #654

For that I'd say it's either more durable than a castle of that size would be or of equal durability. I have a hard time believing it would be less.
    It's basically an eldritch abomination. It does what it wants.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

25. - Top - End - #655
    Titan in the Playground

AssassinGuy

It's basically an eldritch abomination. It does what it wants.
    What if it wants to have the stats of a castle?
    “Evil is evil. Lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same. Proportions are negotiated, boundaries blurred. I'm not a pious hermit, I haven't done only good in my life. But if I'm to choose between one evil and another, then I prefer not to choose at all.”

26. - Top - End - #656
    Titan in the Playground

I mean at the end of the day, one of the fun things about DB is that stuff that should never have math applied to it is still getting math, which leads to goofy results. You either gotta enjoy it or else be stuck forever hating DB.
    Ludicrus Gaming: on games and story
    Quote Originally Posted by Saph
    Unless everyone's been lying to me and the next bunch of episodes are The Great Divide II, The Great Divide III, Return to the Great Divide, and Bride of the Great Divide, in which case I hate you all and I'm never touching Avatar again.

27. - Top - End - #657
    Barbarian in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Speaking of meteors and moons, in Smash and Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf can take Termina's Moon to the face and still fight very well afterwards. Shouldn't that be considered close to meteor feat?
    Now I'm thinking with ponies!

3DS friend code:
    2449-5207-9736

28. - Top - End - #658
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SKarious View Post
    Speaking of meteors and moons, in Smash and Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf can take Termina's Moon to the face and still fight very well afterwards. Shouldn't that be considered close to meteor feat?
    Hyrule Warriors is technically non-canon, and Smash Bros. is definitely non-canon.
    Princess Celestia's Homebrew Corner
    Old classes, new classes, and more!

Thanks to AsteriskAmp for the avatar!

29. - Top - End - #659

Quote Originally Posted by Celestia View Post
    Hyrule Warriors is technically non-canon, and Smash Bros. is definitely non-canon.
    They've used Dragon Ball Super material before, so it's not like they care about canon.

30. - Top - End - #660

Quote Originally Posted by Delicious Taffy View Post
    They've used Dragon Ball Super material before, so it's not like they care about canon.
    1: Dragon Ball Super is canon.

2: When did they use stuff from Super? All I remember in the Goku/Superman rematch was them using BoG and Rez F. Material from Super would have completely changed the fight.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks