New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333449 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #691
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by lord_khaine View Post
    Urgg.. its such a pain that there isnt any legal options for reading it that i have found.
    For some obscure reason Manga Plus only has the first 18 chapters. In Spanish.
    Okay so I realize (if I recall conversations about this before) you're in Germany or something so you'd need to use a proxy site to access Shounen Jump's website (probably, I don't actually know if this is true anymore, please check it on your own time) but it IS there. The price is two bucks a month and you get access to basically everything in the magazine. It is genuinely worth it. After you catch up just be sure to read the new chapter as it releases because the three most recent chapters are free to read.

2. - Top - End - #692
    Titan in the Playground

Okay so I realize (if I recall conversations about this before) you're in Germany or something so you'd need to use a proxy site to access Shounen Jump's website (probably, I don't actually know if this is true anymore, please check it on your own time) but it IS there. The price is two bucks a month and you get access to basically everything in the magazine. It is genuinely worth it. After you catch up just be sure to read the new chapter as it releases because the three most recent chapters are free to read.
    Sorry i forgot to reply, and thank you.
    Yeah im a little north of germany, but close enough. And urg i had hoped manga+ would have it somewhere.
    I did for a while use a proxy to read shonon jump. But then they reduced the free amount so far down i can only read 1 chapter every 1 month or so.
    Well can be i will initially wait and see if Manga + gets it then.
    thnx to Starwoof for the fine avatar

3. - Top - End - #693

Sorry i forgot to reply, and thank you.
    Yeah im a little north of germany, but close enough. And urg i had hoped manga+ would have it somewhere.
    I did for a while use a proxy to read shonon jump. But then they reduced the free amount so far down i can only read 1 chapter every 1 month or so.
    Well can be i will initially wait and see if Manga + gets it then.
    I'm not sure what you mean by "reduced the free amount" because the way it works is that the three most recent chapters are free, always.

Manga+ does have it, but for some reason I cannot comprehend (maybe because the website for the ap is weird) it is entirely in spanish and not english.

4. - Top - End - #694
    Titan in the Playground

I'm not sure what you mean by "reduced the free amount" because the way it works is that the three most recent chapters are free, always.
    Talking about the proxy i used. Their data limit was so low it were only possible to read a single chapter before it ran out.

Manga+ does have it, but for some reason I cannot comprehend (maybe because the website for the ap is weird) it is entirely in spanish and not english.
    Yeah i commented about the spanish problem earlier. And of course to make matter worse it doesnt seem like there are any place to raport bugs with the site.

5. - Top - End - #695
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

There are actually more than a few VPN that offer free service... It usually has a low-ish daily limit and/or only a few available servers, but I used a couple of them before getting a paid one.

Hotspot Shield and Windscribe come to mind, but I know there are more.

You could use one of those to access the Shonen Jump site.

Completely legal. Completely free.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2020-05-03 at 04:43 PM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

6. - Top - End - #696
    Titan in the Playground

It can be i picked the wrong one then. I did find a free one. But as i mentioned, its data limit was just barely enough to read a single chapter.

Anyway. New chapter, a quite exciting one.
    Even if it mostly delivers more background information on one of the key actors.

7. - Top - End - #697

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    As said above, it's not TERRIBLY exciting... though the stuff we do get is really, REALLY well drawn. I love it.

We also got a new Vigilantes!
    Spoiler
    Show

More training for Koichi, and... the sign of Queen Bee either digging further into Pop, or Pop trying to rip Queen Bee out of her eye socket. Either way, horrifying.

8. - Top - End - #698
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    As said above, it's not TERRIBLY exciting... though the stuff we do get is really, REALLY well drawn. I love it.

Spoiler
    Show
    I can't recall the chapter off-hand, but I think I do recall a point at which either All Might or Gran Torino says something like 'his abilities are different' when referring to All For One.

Is it possible that this was because he had already given his original quirk to Shigaraki? And when he was fighting in Kamino he was utilizing a second set that he had rebuilt with the copy.

I'm not entirely 100% on what the mad scientist guy was saying, but I think it fits.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

9. - Top - End - #699

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I can't recall the chapter off-hand, but I think I do recall a point at which either All Might or Gran Torino says something like 'his abilities are different' when referring to All For One.

Is it possible that this was because he had already given his original quirk to Shigaraki? And when he was fighting in Kamino he was utilizing a second set that he had rebuilt with the copy.

I'm not entirely 100% on what the mad scientist guy was saying, but I think it fits.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I don't remember that either, but yes that's exactly what they're talking about yeah. He's already given Shigaraki the real All For One. The tube was just to acclimatize his body to it.

10. - Top - End - #700
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Ah, I found it in the anime. Season 3, Episode 11 (so it shouldn't be a spoiler) after Bakugou and the kids escape and AFO nearly throws All Might into a news chopper.

English subtitles:

"His fighting style and Quirk seem completely different from last time!"
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

11. - Top - End - #701
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    This was also foreshadowed a bit by the movie as well, since it revolved entirely around the idea of someone who was experimented on for giving someone else All for Ones quirk.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

12. - Top - End - #702
    Titan in the Playground

Im confused about why this is locked in spoilers. The chapters are released on a fixed scedule.

Anyway. I dont count that as foreshadowing.
    If it was because he had a copy, then there should not be a visible change.

I think its instead just a reference to how, with his quirk, All for One is able to adjust his fighting style as he pleases.
    He lost the first time to All Might. So he tried a new loadout, tailored towards specifically fighting him.

13. - Top - End - #703

Im confused about why this is locked in spoilers. The chapters are released on a fixed scedule.

Anyway. I dont count that as foreshadowing.
    If it was because he had a copy, then there should not be a visible change.

I think its instead just a reference to how, with his quirk, All for One is able to adjust his fighting style as he pleases.
    He lost the first time to All Might. So he tried a new loadout, tailored towards specifically fighting him.
    Because some people haven't read it yet. I tend to give it a few days.

I imagine a copy of All For One would be just a copy of the base quirk, like how Monoma only copies the base quirk. The Doctor mentions he had to build it back up basically from scratch after all.

14. - Top - End - #704
    Barbarian in the Playground

Well, having Shigaraki wake up with about 75% of the Quirk collection AfO had (and no experience in building hax comboes) would be a nice way to make him extremely dangerous, and with lots of growing potential, while not unstoppably broken from the start.

15. - Top - End - #705
    Ogre in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    I kinda wish Shigaraki didn't get the All For One quirk... I've never been a fan of power-stealing abilities and we already had a main villain with that particular power.

I hope the process being interrupted turns All For One into something different and unique.
    Last edited by Lemmy; 2020-05-12 at 11:36 AM.
    Homebrew Stuff:

16. - Top - End - #706
    Troll in the Playground

Because it’s polite, and it takes zero effort to do. And that doesn’t even get into the risk of someone who may just be starting and watching the show popping into the thread at some point. Why do you insist on not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemmy View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    I kinda wish Shigaraki didn't get the All For One quirk... I've never been a fan of power-stealing abilities and we already had a main villain with that particular power.

I hope the process being interrupted turns All For One into something different and unique.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I think it’s interesting enough of an idea, especially with Deku also gaining an expanding group of powers as well. I don’t think he will gain access to the white AFO package though. Perhaps just gaining the powers AFO had but not any new ones. Or giving his disintegration power the ability to disintegrate quirks or something else crazy like that.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

17. - Top - End - #707
    Titan in the Playground

I imagine a copy of All For One would be just a copy of the base quirk, like how Monoma only copies the base quirk. The Doctor mentions he had to build it back up basically from scratch after all.
    Oh yeah its almost definitly the case that its only the base quirk that gets transfered.
    Thats not a problem for him keeping his old collection had he really been wanting to. He could have stored any quirk he wanted to keep in a Nomu.

That is a very good point. That is actually possible. The process was interupted.
    It could have broken something.

Because it’s polite, and it takes zero effort to do. And that doesn’t even get into the risk of someone who may just be starting and watching the show popping into the thread at some point. Why do you insist on not?
    Because it does in fact not take zero effort. It takes a non-zero value of effort to do so.
    And i dont insist. I just dont do it because i dont see the reason.

If someone wants to only watch the show then they are 100% welcome to do so.
    But i dont. So i dont know whats revealed there so far. And im not going to spoiler all my posts on the theoretical existance of a silent non-manga reader.

18. - Top - End - #708
    Troll in the Playground

If someone wants to only watch the show then they are 100% welcome to do so.
    But i dont. So i dont know whats revealed there so far. And im not going to spoiler all my posts on the theoretical existance of a silent non-manga reader.
    If you cant see the value in doing a zero effort thing like click a spoiler tag within days of a new chapter release I'm not sure what there really is to say. Other then that it is a rude thing to do, and vaguely gatekeepish.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2020-05-14 at 08:20 AM.

19. - Top - End - #709
    Titan in the Playground

If you cant see the value in doing a zero effort thing like click a spoiler tag within days of a new chapter release I'm not sure what there really is to say.
    Well i can say your wrong. And apperently overlooked the part where i explained it is in fact non-zero effort to clicka button.
    Go on. Make a spoiler without touching your mouse

Other then that it is a rude thing to do, and vaguely gatekeepish.
    Also no. This thread has from the start been about discussing the manga. So nothing new or rude there.

20. - Top - End - #710

Khaine when you quote people you specifically cut out the specific words you are quoting and remove the "who am I quoting" information. This is all entirely needless. You have zero ground to stand on "doing zero effort things is too hard" given you spend so much time doing that.

It is definitely rude to not at least factor in that anime-only watchers might come in here wanting to discuss the cool anime they watched. Being rude to them just splits the community and causes resentment. It take zero effort to click the spoiler button. So spoil bigger moments from the manga that haven't happened yet, and spoil the weekly chapters for a few days. Simple and easy, and it hurts no one.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-05-14 at 12:56 PM.

21. - Top - End - #711
    Titan in the Playground

Khaine when you quote people you specifically cut out the specific words you are quoting and remove the "who am I quoting" information. This is all entirely needless. You have zero ground to stand on "doing zero effort things is too hard" given you spend so much time doing that.
    Actually i have a non-zero amount of ground to stand on here. Since i have never claimed this is a non-zero amount of effort.
    I simply think the effort here is worth the investment, since it makes it easier to organise my reply.

It is definitely rude to not at least factor in that anime-only watchers might come in here wanting to discuss the cool anime they watched. Being rude to them just splits the community and causes resentment. It take zero effort to click the spoiler button. So spoil bigger moments from the manga that haven't happened yet, and spoil the weekly chapters for a few days. Simple and easy, and it hurts no one.
    It seems kinda unlikely that a new anime-only watcher would suddenly spontaneously manifest after so long, and appear in here. But i can at least follow your reasoning on this. Very well i think about spoilering the most massive reveals in the manga. Wont bother with the weekly chapters though. As i have already mentioned. They are out so regularly you can set your watch by them.
    That made sense doing back when we were relying on scansites. Where the release could swing 1-2 days in either direction. And people could drop in here not being aware a new chapter had just been released.

22. - Top - End - #712

I kinda wish you wouldn't, if only because it is super frustrating seeing your post and going "... now who the **** said that, that you're quoting?" which is something that I've found happens WAY more frequently than you'd imagine.

I know from experience multiple people who are anime only and don't want spoilers, who haven't been able to keep up with the series for multiple reasons such as "no time to watch" and "plague has made the anime become super delayed". So it's not impossible for someone who is manga only to come by unannounced right while we're in the middle of discussing, say, the recent maiming and potential death of a character who is about to be introduced in the next episode of the anime.

23. - Top - End - #713
    Ettin in the Playground

New Chapter, Great Art.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

24. - Top - End - #714

Agreed! There's a new main series chapter AND Vigilantes.

Main series

Spoiler
    Show
    Rip Crust. Rip... a ton of other heroes. A lot of people have just died due to Shigaraki's awakening. I like the implication his villain name might be Plus Ultra, that'd be a cute example of literally tearing down the symbol of the world. Also I forget if this happened last time or this time, but we get to learn that uh... Hawk's BACK is gone. So even if he survives, his hero days are over.

Vigilantes

Spoiler
    Show
    What seems to be the final fight begins, with Bee!Popstep bringing down her inferno... and Endeavor is here to show how much he hates modern pop music. Koichi's going to have to go HARD to beat Endeavor to Popstep... and I'm very concerned for our hero as a result.

25. - Top - End - #715
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Given that the series seems to be ready to start closing up a lot of loose ends, I wonder if this is the end of Toga? I would be lying if I said I wasn't a bit relieved at the idea of her finally leaving the story.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2020-06-02 at 03:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #716

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to disagree because Toga is one of my favorite characters, but I totally get what you mean Dragonus. It definitely feels like a LOT of people are going to die.

Speaking on that, Endeavor is probably going to bite it in this fight against Shigaraki. That'll be... interesting. This is a momentous event in universe.

27. - Top - End - #717
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm going to disagree because Toga is one of my favorite characters, but I totally get what you mean Dragonus. It definitely feels like a LOT of people are going to die.

Speaking on that, Endeavor is probably going to bite it in this fight against Shigaraki. That'll be... interesting. This is a momentous event in universe.
    Spoiler
    Show
    She is a great character but she personally terrifies me and her body count in this chapter alone is stacked just to high for me to enjoy the story if she somehow gets to walk free at the end.

28. - Top - End - #718
    Barbarian in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I don't think she's going to "walk free at the end", but I do think she's one of the most developed villains and a future endgame boss, so she's not going to fall here. But I would have said the same about Twice, so what do I know.

29. - Top - End - #719

Spoiler
    Show
    They made a huge point of showing that Toga is the way she is at least in part becuase of emotional abuse from her parents and ten years of not using her quirk and trying to repress the urges that come with it until she couldn't do it anymore and snapped—there's a big difference, after all, between a four-year-old killing a bird becuase she wants to see its blood and a fourteen-year-old murdering the boy she has a crush on in order to drink his blood with a bendy straw.

We are clearly meant to be sympathetic to her backstory, considering the MLA were planning to use her story to make her a martyr for their cause.

She is very clearly mentally ill.

There are only two possible endings for her.

Either she ends up in a mental institution, or the heroes learn of her sympathetic backstory just in time for her to die tragically: Either betrayed by another villain or choosing to side with Izuku over Shigaraki upon realizing that Shigaraki can't keep his promise to not destroy the things that the league of villains likes becuase his goal necessitating killing Deku, someone that Toga likes(albeit in a ****ed up manner shaped by her mental illness) and dying as a result.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #720

Spoiler
    Show
    If Toga is to die instead of getting the mental help she needs, I kinda hope it's done as a trick. Like, we see and are lead to believe Uruka is dying, and Deku and her have a tearful goodbye and confession, and when Deku leaves Toga shifts out of her form and dies smiling because she stole this from her.

When Deku next meets Uruka it kinda breaks him in a way, because he finally got to tell his crush he loved her, mixed with the pain of watching her die... only for it to be a lie pulled on him. A sick joke, but one that I think, like Gentle's crimes, he might understand.