New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 28 of 51 FirstFirst ... 3181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #811
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Uness Bakugo gives it right back--which may involve giving up his own quirk--then tha'ts highly unlikely.

Deku will be the World's Greatest hero by the end of the story, and it's in a manner that implies that he lives after long enough to either write his memoirss or take a successor to inherit One For All, becuase the framing device of the first chapter is that he's telling someone all of this stuff.

Which actually raises some questions about how he learns things that he wasn't there for.
    And if he gave One for All away, could he get it back with Eris powers? Rewind quirk is very powerful and this way, would it be possible for more then one person to gain One for All?

2. - Top - End - #812
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: Second Movie Spoilers
    Show
    Yea, that was actually an idea on the table once for a finally but the author decided against it and they used it in the movie.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2020-08-04 at 08:23 AM.
    Thanks to Linklele for my new avatar!
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

3. - Top - End - #813
    Colossus in the Playground

There are two movies you can't just say "movie spoilers".

Anyway, new chapter today!

Spoiler
    Show
    The kids slowly wear down Gigantomachia, and it... seems like they're actually going to beat him! Despite it all, their plan will succeed, all it relies on is Ashido!

4. - Top - End - #814

Uness Bakugo gives it right back--which may involve giving up his own quirk--then tha'ts highly unlikely.

Deku will be the World's Greatest hero by the end of the story, and it's in a manner that implies that he lives after long enough to either write his memoirss or take a successor to inherit One For All, becuase the framing device of the first chapter is that he's telling someone all of this stuff.

Which actually raises some questions about how he learns things that he wasn't there for.
    Simple, when writing a book, you do research, so he talked to his fellow heroes, read the after action reports, etc etc etc. And his bad guys seem the type to enjoy hearing themselves talk so im sure they were more than happy to brag about all the awesome plans they made.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #815

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Simple, when writing a book, you do research, so he talked to his fellow heroes, read the after action reports, etc etc etc. And his bad guys seem the type to enjoy hearing themselves talk so im sure they were more than happy to brag about all the awesome plans they made.
    ...Yeah, but some of tha stuff doesn't make sense.

Like, if we take the framing device literally then he's telling people about the conflict between the League of Villains and the Meta Liberation Army, too, and the Flashbacks to people's backstories that he's not told about?

Either Toga is going to get captured/make a face turn and given the mental health care that she so desperately needs and eventually becomes stable enough that Deku can talk to her without fearing for his life... Or he's going to learn her tragic backstory while she's bleeding out on the floor.

...Well, I suppose a Hanibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs in type sitch is also possible, but Im not seeing Deku going to talk to her in that situation unless he's already aware that she's the way she is becuase she got royally screwed over as a child and wants to make that known so other children get the help they need instead of being made to deal with it until it's too late to fix them and is trying to get the details.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #816
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    There are two movies you can't just say "movie spoilers".

Anyway, new chapter today!

Spoiler
    Show
    The kids slowly wear down Gigantomachia, and it... seems like they're actually going to beat him! Despite it all, their plan will succeed, all it relies on is Ashido!
    I have been known to forget that first one exists, yea.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope they manage to take him down, but I find it unlikely. This arc aims to be a grim one and I feel like it will just be in vain. Particularly I am worried a couple class B students and a single class A might not see the end of this. I hope I am just being pessimistic.
    If i had superpowers. I would go to conventions dressed as myself, and see if i got complimented on my authenticity.

7. - Top - End - #817

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonus45 View Post
    I have been known to forget that first one exists, yea.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I hope they manage to take him down, but I find it unlikely. This arc aims to be a grim one and I feel like it will just be in vain. Particularly I am worried a couple class B students and a single class A might not see the end of this. I hope I am just being pessimistic.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I wouldn't expect class A to lose any members until either the very end of the series or unless it would be a suitably dramatic moment that would define everyone ele's character growth for the rest of the series.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #818
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I wouldn't expect class A to lose any members until either the very end of the series or unless it would be a suitably dramatic moment that would define everyone ele's character growth for the rest of the series.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I mean, the deaths of dozens of heroes and the birth of a new One for All threatening to reign terror onto all of Japan, or even the world, returning it to a state of anarchy and terror where it looks like more then a couple mentor figures are going to be out of action seems like the ideal time to lose a classmate as well to drive a very final and powerful point home. I would expect at least one person to also quit. Normally my guess for that might be Mineta but it looks like Midnight might be about to get retired and I don't see him quitting after that.
    Last edited by Dragonus45; 2020-08-04 at 09:34 AM.

9. - Top - End - #819
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Spoiler
    Show
    We do have the potential traitor in the ranks and now feels like a great time for a traitor reveal.

10. - Top - End - #820

...Yeah, but some of tha stuff doesn't make sense.

Like, if we take the framing device literally then he's telling people about the conflict between the League of Villains and the Meta Liberation Army, too, and the Flashbacks to people's backstories that he's not told about?

Either Toga is going to get captured/make a face turn and given the mental health care that she so desperately needs and eventually becomes stable enough that Deku can talk to her without fearing for his life... Or he's going to learn her tragic backstory while she's bleeding out on the floor.

...Well, I suppose a Hanibal Lecter in Silence of the Lambs in type sitch is also possible, but Im not seeing Deku going to talk to her in that situation unless he's already aware that she's the way she is becuase she got royally screwed over as a child and wants to make that known so other children get the help they need instead of being made to deal with it until it's too late to fix them and is trying to get the details.
    Some of it may be dramatic license, but researching her history before joining the league and how she was treated would give at least the broad outline of events, the rest is filling in the blanks. They know who she is, they know who her family was, so on and so forth. The rest can get an asterisk and at the back you get the disclaimer that not all info is confirmed, some is best guess.
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

11. - Top - End - #821
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

So new Vigilanties
    Spoiler
    Show

The villain shows off just how much difference there is between the top hero and a someone who would make a fairly powerful hero by getting accidentally burnt up by Endeavour. Who to be fair did think the area was evacuated but who obviously is barely trying. Crawler aims for the stars but starts falling, pop seems to be coming back to her senses so I guess the queen hasn't dug in as deep as it did with Knuckles daughter.

Endeavour is apparently in his kill em all stage here but not entirely sure when this is supposed to be set, maybe just before Todoroki gets his scar.

12. - Top - End - #822

Quote Originally Posted by Spacewolf View Post
    So new Vigilanties
    Spoiler
    Show

The villain shows off just how much difference there is between the top hero and a someone who would make a fairly powerful hero by getting accidentally burnt up by Endeavour. Who to be fair did think the area was evacuated but who obviously is barely trying. Crawler aims for the stars but starts falling, pop seems to be coming back to her senses so I guess the queen hasn't dug in as deep as it did with Knuckles daughter.

Endeavour is apparently in his kill em all stage here but not entirely sure when this is supposed to be set, maybe just before Todoroki gets his scar.
    Spoiler
    Show

All we know time wise is that Tenya is a small kid, so this is probably just before Todoroki gets hurt, yeah. I don't... necessarily feel Endeavor is in a murder-mode here so much as he is in a "extremely injured is still captured alive" phase. I also don't think Overclock: The Sequel is dead, I think he's just... well, severely injured.

That being said! It'd be fitting for the themes of Vigilantes if the villain was killed or dealt with incidentally and the real heroism of our heroes is saving Pop and living normal lives.

13. - Top - End - #823
    Ettin in the Playground

Sidenote, My Hero Academia is doing a better Attack on Titan than Attack on Titan.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

14. - Top - End - #824
    Ogre in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Spoiler
    Show

All we know time wise is that Tenya is a small kid, so this is probably just before Todoroki gets hurt, yeah. I don't... necessarily feel Endeavor is in a murder-mode here so much as he is in a "extremely injured is still captured alive" phase. I also don't think Overclock: The Sequel is dead, I think he's just... well, severely injured.

That being said! It'd be fitting for the themes of Vigilantes if the villain was killed or dealt with incidentally and the real heroism of our heroes is saving Pop and living normal lives.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Yea I don't think he's dead either but he's definitely taken alot of damage for the amount of effort Endeavour has put in.

15. - Top - End - #825

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

We learn the sad truth that Kirashima isn't the only person traumatized by Gigantomachia showing up way back when. Ashido recognizes him and freezes up, failing her big moment... but REEEEEED RIOOOOT rushes in, grabbing her vial to add to his own, tanking a blow or two by Gigantomachia, and drugging the guy down! This chapter ****ing ruled!

Also Endeavor um... kicked the **** out of Tomura.

16. - Top - End - #826
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    While it blows to have Mina mess up her moment, it makes sense and does explain/confirm who that giant mysterious guy in the flashback was.

Also, I'm surprised about Tomura vs Endeavour. Given Tomura's massive power spike and the utter destruction he perpetrated just recently. If he doesn't strike back hard, pull a new quirk to counter Endeavour, or reveal that he's just faking, I'll be genuinely shocked.
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

General nerd person. Mostly computer games and manga.

17. - Top - End - #827
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    While it blows to have Mina mess up her moment, it makes sense and does explain/confirm who that giant mysterious guy in the flashback was.

Also, I'm surprised about Tomura vs Endeavour. Given Tomura's massive power spike and the utter destruction he perpetrated just recently. If he doesn't strike back hard, pull a new quirk to counter Endeavour, or reveal that he's just faking, I'll be genuinely shocked.
    A guess of what could be happening.

Spoiler: Quirk Factors
    Show

It is going to be revealed that Tomura has some form of energy limit that allows him to only have so much endurance for now with his massive army of quirks. Much like how Fatgum and Eri's Rewind quirk.

The transformation process was supposed to accumulate Tomura to his new body and new quirk but it was stop midway and thus Tomura Shigaraki only has so much endurance with his massive army of quirks.

The exception to this would be Tomura's decay quirk.

Just idle speculation since I expect Tomura is going to need a nerf-bat in order for there to be a remaining plot that lasts for dozens of chapters instead of 2 to 20 chapters of him hunting down Izuku Midoriya.

18. - Top - End - #828
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    A guess of what could be happening.

Spoiler: Quirk Factors
    Show

It is going to be revealed that Tomura has some form of energy limit that allows him to only have so much endurance for now with his massive army of quirks. Much like how Fatgum and Eri's Rewind quirk.

The transformation process was supposed to accumulate Tomura to his new body and new quirk but it was stop midway and thus Tomura Shigaraki only has so much endurance with his massive army of quirks.

The exception to this would be Tomura's decay quirk.

Just idle speculation since I expect Tomura is going to need a nerf-bat in order for there to be a remaining plot that lasts for dozens of chapters instead of 2 to 20 chapters of him hunting down Izuku Midoriya.
    Spoiler
    Show
    That makes sense, actually. Tomura's been doing so much damage that I forgot he was actually awakened ahead of schedule. With that in mind, imagine if he had been allowed to complete his transformation...
    Awesome OOTS-style Fallout New Vegas avatar by Ceika. Or it was, before Photobucket started charging money.

19. - Top - End - #829
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruspex_Pariah View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    That makes sense, actually. Tomura's been doing so much damage that I forgot he was actually awakened ahead of schedule. With that in mind, imagine if he had been allowed to complete his transformation...
    😬 Eek / Grimacing Face

20. - Top - End - #830
    Ogre in the Playground

AssassinGuy

Something occurred to me, and since the anime has progressed far enough it should be okay to discuss this in a general sense.

Toga's quirk, by default, doesn't add to her fighting ability. Sure, she can use it to set up ambushes, but as soon as people know the trick she has to fight them with just her mad skills.

That makes her the League's counter to Eraser. They even fought during the overhaul arc, right? And she handled herself pretty well IIRC. If he has to defend himself against her, even if she can't score a decisive victory (cause it's Eraser), he can't safely use his eyes on the other League members. She seems agile enough to keep up with his bandage-slinging too, if he tries to reposition.

21. - Top - End - #831
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

A new chapter of Vigilantes!

Spoiler
    Show
    So...

That did not go as expected.

2 O'Clock is still in the game, albeit looking like Harvey Dent, now. One muses that he probably won't fully regenerate the damage that Endeavor has done to him. In true MHA fashion, though, we see the set-up for a true villain emerging from his start of darkness.

Also this looks weirdly like Vigilantes isn't getting the finale I thought it did, unless Koichi and 2 O'Clock are gonna return in another spin-off or in the main story.

22. - Top - End - #832

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    A new chapter of Vigilantes!

Spoiler
    Show
    So...

That did not go as expected.

2 O'Clock is still in the game, albeit looking like Harvey Dent, now. One muses that he probably won't fully regenerate the damage that Endeavor has done to him. In true MHA fashion, though, we see the set-up for a true villain emerging from his start of darkness.

Also this looks weirdly like Vigilantes isn't getting the finale I thought it did, unless Koichi and 2 O'Clock are gonna return in another spin-off or in the main story.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I suspect 2 O'Clock will get silenced by A4O. He's experimented enough and proven to be a failure obsessed with his own ego. It's time to put him to rest.

I love how Koichi is like "what the hell are you talking about???" because he really, truly has no context for what this guy is rambling on about. I'm also real glad Midnight was here to save the day, just a nice way to wrap every character we've seen in to this.

23. - Top - End - #833
    Ettin in the Playground

Hurry up MHA that is going to be released in the next 24 hours. I say hurry up like a 5 year old who can't wait for Christmas, time will go faster if I voice my wishes.

I have thoughts based off the leaks and I want to know the official words.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2020-08-22 at 03:19 PM.

24. - Top - End - #834

New chapter of the main series!

Spoiler
    Show
    Grand Torino is probably ****ing dead here. Ryuku got punched through the hand, ow, and Deku got SUPER elbowed... and there's a good chance Endeavor's about to lose his quirk, and with that the fight itself.

Also, I'll be honest. Shigaraki is not wrong. The world at large is pretty corrupt, the fact that NO ONE stopped to help this poor kid is... just heinous.

25. - Top - End - #835
    Troll in the Playground

Spoiler: New Chapter
    Show
    Holt ****, Torino is probably Shigaraki's grandfather and absolutely dead. Endeavor might be about to lose his powers, and Shigaraki continues to be a chilling monster totally invested in destroying society for reasons that are simultaneously deep yet also remarkably petty. I wonder if perhaps Deku doesn't pull out a new power from the vaults to salvage this.

26. - Top - End - #836

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Y'all, I think Gran Torino just died.

I love how terrifyingly menacing Shigaraki is, and as Dragonus said he is just... The personification of Evil, in all of its capacity for destruction and pettiness. What makes him evil isn't his origins, but his sadism, his delight in the pain he causes others. He can't be reasoned with because the only thing that matters is making himself feel good.

I'm not sure if Endeavor or Aizawa is going to be hit by the Quirk-Erasing Bullet. It seems more thematic for it to be Endeavor, but Aizawa being out of the fight would turn this from a desperate battle to a terrified total retreat. If Endeavor is down for the count, they can still push Shigaraki back by exhausting him to fight another day.

27. - Top - End - #837
    Ettin in the Playground

Just a reminder from Chapter 84, aka 4+ years ago from 2016.

Spoiler: Chapter 84
    Show

And here is the link to IMGUR if you want to see the english version of the same cover. https://imgur.com/a/Lvb7c (also more background, smaller letters.)

Points to Deku's cape and turns to Gran Torino

[?Death Flags, What Are Those?]

28. - Top - End - #838

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Oh god he really is wearing Torino's cape

The colors clash a bit imo but... It'd be a fitting tribute to the hero who mentored his mentor. If that drawing of Deku from back then is foreshadowing things to come, I wonder if he picks up that extra gear for survival reasons. A knife is a handy tool when you're having to survive outside of civilization...

Perhaps also first aid stuff in the pouches. Could be no one is able to stabilize Torino in time and he dies because of that, so Deku starts carrying first aid gear wherever he goes :|

29. - Top - End - #839
    Ettin in the Playground

https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-he...93?action=read

Okay someone please give me a recap and tell me what is happening.

30. - Top - End - #840
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Ramza00 View Post
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump/my-he...93?action=read

Okay someone please give me a recap and tell me what is happening.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shigaraki flicks a quirk-erasing bullet at Aizawa, and hits him in the leg. He thinks that Aizawa is defeated, but then Aizawa De-feets himself with his Trusty Shank That He Keeps For Some Reason.

Deku literally just rips Shigaraki's jaw off.

Shigaraki goes for Aizawa but he's able to stop his quirk, even if he gets his head gripped.

Shoto shows up to back Deku up.

Meanwhile Gigantomachia is just gonna bulldoze through a dozen or so cities to get to Shigaraki, and Uraraka and Iida have to stop him, pr at least slow him until the sedative kicks in.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.