New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 29 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4192021222324252627282930313233343536373839 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #841
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: My Hero Academia 3: Villainous Interlude

Quote Originally Posted by John Cribati View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Shigaraki flicks a quirk-erasing bullet at Aizawa, and hits him in the leg. He thinks that Aizawa is defeated, but then Aizawa De-feets himself with his Trusty Shank That He Keeps For Some Reason.

Deku literally just rips Shigaraki's jaw off.

Shigaraki goes for Aizawa but he's able to stop his quirk, even if he gets his head gripped.

Shoto shows up to back Deku up.

Meanwhile Gigantomachia is just gonna bulldoze through a dozen or so cities to get to Shigaraki, and Uraraka and Iida have to stop him, pr at least slow him until the sedative kicks in.
    Spoiler
    Show

I mean he definitely keeps that knife on him for the exact reason he uses it; Just In Case.

Gigantomachia's berserker form being what it is... I think a lot of children just died... and a lot more will, because of the beautifully serene city that he is marching upon.

2. - Top - End - #842

Eraserhead is probably my favorite hero. The dude comes off as, not highly prepared, though he is, but more highly adaptive. He is constantly planning his next move and never hesitating to take it. Ever since i watched him defend the kids during the invasion of the school by the league of villains. This is a man with no enhanced speed, strength, agility, or durability, and he charged face first into several dozen enemies, and proceeded to wreck them all in a flowing attack that created brief openings through his quirk, then ruthlessly exploited every single one of them. It took the nomu that temporarily stalemated all might and shigaraki himself to stop him from single handedly obliterating the entire invasion force. And even then, badly injured and pinned down, he was still able to use his quirk to protect the kids till all might got there. This latest update just made it even more clear He basically embodies ichigos creed from bleach. "Retreat and you will age, hesitate and you will die!" I mean think about it, what kind of mind and will does it take to process
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I have been hit by a quirk erasing bullet in the leg. If it spreads my quirk dies, if I cut it off fast enough I will keep my quirk." /splurch in that short of a time frame?
    I honestly wonder, if he was the type to put himself forward, how high on the hero lists would he actually be?
    "Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum"
    Translation: "Sometimes I get this urge to conquer large parts of Europe."

Quote Originally Posted by Nerd-o-rama View Post
    Traab is yelling everything that I'm thinking already.
    "If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

3. - Top - End - #843
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    "I have been hit by a quirk erasing bullet in the leg. If it spreads my quirk dies, if I cut it off fast enough I will keep my quirk." /splurch in that short of a time frame?
    Actually I interpreted it as
    Spoiler
    Show
    "there's a quirk-erasing bullet on the field and I know there's one coming for me so I'm gonna get ready to chop off literally whatever part of my body it might hit.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

4. - Top - End - #844

Actually I interpreted it as
    Spoiler
    Show
    "there's a quirk-erasing bullet on the field and I know there's one coming for me so I'm gonna get ready to chop off literally whatever part of my body it might hit.
    But still the fact that he realizes what just happened, knows the solution, then DOES IT fast enough to matter is impressive.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Afaik, you have literally a couple seconds after being hit before your quirk is gone, right? Was there some form of official statement on how quick the reaction is? Its not really that easy to just lop off a limb right there, without hesitating.

"If you don't get those cameras out of my face, I'm gonna go 8.6 on the Richter scale with gastric emissions that'll clear this room."

5. - Top - End - #845
    Bugbear in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler
    Show

Oooooof. So Gran Torino is most likely on death's door, Eraserhead is maimed, and who knows how the kids of 1-A and 1-B fared with Gigantomachia running right over them. It'll hurt to see if some of them have lost limbs or died

I do think this arc needs to pick up the pace just a little bit, the battle between Shigaraki and the others has dragged on just a bit much. He's been fairly established as super-OP and a significant threat, so it's time to see if he accomplishes his objectives or not.

6. - Top - End - #846

Eraserhead is probably my favorite hero. The dude comes off as, not highly prepared, though he is, but more highly adaptive. He is constantly planning his next move and never hesitating to take it. Ever since i watched him defend the kids during the invasion of the school by the league of villains. This is a man with no enhanced speed, strength, agility, or durability, and he charged face first into several dozen enemies, and proceeded to wreck them all in a flowing attack that created brief openings through his quirk, then ruthlessly exploited every single one of them. It took the nomu that temporarily stalemated all might and shigaraki himself to stop him from single handedly obliterating the entire invasion force. And even then, badly injured and pinned down, he was still able to use his quirk to protect the kids till all might got there. This latest update just made it even more clear He basically embodies ichigos creed from bleach. "Retreat and you will age, hesitate and you will die!" I mean think about it, what kind of mind and will does it take to process
    Spoiler
    Show
    I honestly wonder, if he was the type to put himself forward, how high on the hero lists would he actually be?
    Eraserhead is absolutely the Batman to All Might's Superman, so he'd be number two. Absolutely.
    Spoiler
    Show

The fact that, as far as Eraser's narration is concerned, the instant Ryuku said "he has a Deleter Round", he probably grabbed the blade and waited for the exact moment he felt the prick of a needle against his skin... all while concentrating on glaring at Shiguraki.

Also something occurred to me; how precise is Eraserhead's vision? For the brifest of moments, some of Shigaraki got concealed by Ryuku trying to grab him. But because Shigaraki slammed his hand through hers, Eraser still has that vantage point to glare at. He never lost sight of Shigaraki for even a second. What a hero.

7. - Top - End - #847
    Ettin in the Playground

There are different ways to write a fight, and the current fight with ...

Spoiler: Going meta with the current fight
    Show

and the current fight with ... Shigaraki feels more like "horror" where everyone is unsure what is happening yet simultaneously is scared senseless for the things they do know and sense is scary and one wrong move can mess up everything.

While in other shounen it feels very tactical, like music with a specific beat and counter beat, and you know what events happened but you are unsure if a sudden reversal may happen and someone can pull out a surprise attack that you were not expecting for there was a hidden shadow clone or something on the battlefield.

I am scared for Eraserhead, I am scared for Endeavor, sorry Gran Torino but the death flags have taken you just need to give one last speech before perishing. What is going to happen to Hawkes at the hospital, do not sacrifice my Midnight, yadda, yadda, yadda

Horror instead of Anticipation with a sense of flow.

EEK!
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

8. - Top - End - #848

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Eraserhead is absolutely the Batman to All Might's Superman, so he'd be number two. Absolutely.
    Spoiler
    Show

The fact that, as far as Eraser's narration is concerned, the instant Ryuku said "he has a Deleter Round", he probably grabbed the blade and waited for the exact moment he felt the prick of a needle against his skin... all while concentrating on glaring at Shiguraki.

Also something occurred to me; how precise is Eraserhead's vision? For the brifest of moments, some of Shigaraki got concealed by Ryuku trying to grab him. But because Shigaraki slammed his hand through hers, Eraser still has that vantage point to glare at. He never lost sight of Shigaraki for even a second. What a hero.
    Eraser heads power works in that once he hits you with it, until he blinks it stays in effect. Even going around a corner so he cant see you at all, until he blinks your quirk is shut down. Im not sure how it works if he blinks while continuing to look at you, if there is an instant flicker of quirk or what.

9. - Top - End - #849

Eraser heads power works in that once he hits you with it, until he blinks it stays in effect. Even going around a corner so he cant see you at all, until he blinks your quirk is shut down. Im not sure how it works if he blinks while continuing to look at you, if there is an instant flicker of quirk or what.
    This is not correct.

the way his power is explained, as long as he is staring at you, directly, your quirk does not work. If he stops looking at you your quirk comes back. During the USJ incident we see explicitly that this is the truth, and is why his hero outfit includes a pair of goggles that completely covers his eyes; so you cannot tell who he is looking at at any time.

As for if he blinks while still looking at you; it WAS the case where if he blinked for even a second, it'd be gone until he specifically stared at you again. However, due to the damage to his orbital in the USJ incident, if he blinks the power goes into a ten second cool down after which he can then use it again.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-08-31 at 06:05 PM.

10. - Top - End - #850

This is not correct.

the way his power is explained, as long as he is staring at you, directly, your quirk does not work. If he stops looking at you your quirk comes back. During the USJ incident we see explicitly that this is the truth, and is why his hero outfit includes a pair of goggles that completely covers his eyes; so you cannot tell who he is looking at at any time.

As for if he blinks while still looking at you; it WAS the case where if he blinked for even a second, it'd be gone until he specifically stared at you again. However, due to the damage to his orbital in the USJ incident, if he blinks the power goes into a ten second cool down after which he can then use it again.
    Sorry, i got that from the mha wiki.

Shota's Quirk gives him the ability to nullify another person's Quirk by looking at the user. The effects of this Quirk can still last even if Shota's line of vision is out of range. [14]

After sustaining grievous injuries at the U.S.J., Shota can't use his Quirk for as long and must rest longer between erasures.[13]

While powerful, this ability has many drawbacks:

Erasure deactivates only if Shota manages to blink.
    His Quirk gives Shota a bad dry eye, forcing him to blink more often when he uses the power continuously.
    Mutant-Class Quirks are immune to erasure.
    Erasure makes Shota's hair stand on end while it is active, allowing his enemies to see when his Quirk is active or not.
    This Quirk has no offensive potential.
    I left out his post injury issues, but I read the "can last even if the target is out of range" part to mean basically, once he hits you its active till he blinks. Apologies if I misunderstood.

11. - Top - End - #851
    Barbarian in the Playground

Basing on the fight against the multiple High-Ends (while Present Mic chased the Doctor), I think the wiki's interpretation is the right one.

Not that it matters much, in this context: Shigaraki made Aizawa flinch for a fraction of a second, which gave him the time to use the shockwave, then he forced Aizawa to close his eyes for a longer moment, which gave him the time to regenerate. This works in both cases.

12. - Top - End - #852

Quote Originally Posted by Cozzer View Post
    Basing on the fight against the multiple High-Ends (while Present Mic chased the Doctor), I think the wiki's interpretation is the right one.

Not that it matters much, in this context: Shigaraki made Aizawa flinch for a fraction of a second, which gave him the time to use the shockwave, then he forced Aizawa to close his eyes for a longer moment, which gave him the time to regenerate. This works in both cases.
    Nothing in that fight really made it feel like that was the case, in my read on it. You're definitely free to point out where you think it does, because as far as I can tell there are clearly cases where some of the High End's can use their quirk and some can't, and it changes depending on who Eraser is looking at.

13. - Top - End - #853
    Ettin in the Playground

So people are talking about the 35th anniversary of Super Mario Bros. 1 on the NES and that got my head-of-a-thinking.

Endeavor is Mario empowered by the Fire Plant. 🎶 Just Another Hero! 🎶

14. - Top - End - #854

OrcBarbarianGuy

New chapter! Next chapter isn't until the 18th, prolonging the agony of this arc

Spoiler
    Show
    So the kids were whisked away from Gigantomachia, which is fine I guess. Seems like Momo's plan was insufficient or will kick in at just the right moment... Which would be later than hoped

Then of course you have the "Momo is the traitor" theories...

Gigantomachia is going absolute ham on that town tho... Who knows how many heroes and civilians are going to be dead at the end of this operation. Imagine how the populace will react to the heroes "poking the hornet's nest".

But my boy Deku has unlocked his latest quirk! I really like how Shigaraki is really a dark reflection of Deku, down to the body horror they experience trying to control their powers. But with float, he can really stand a chance against Decay.

15. - Top - End - #855

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    New chapter! Next chapter isn't until the 18th, prolonging the agony of this arc

Spoiler
    Show
    So the kids were whisked away from Gigantomachia, which is fine I guess. Seems like Momo's plan was insufficient or will kick in at just the right moment... Which would be later than hoped

Then of course you have the "Momo is the traitor" theories...

Gigantomachia is going absolute ham on that town tho... Who knows how many heroes and civilians are going to be dead at the end of this operation. Imagine how the populace will react to the heroes "poking the hornet's nest".

But my boy Deku has unlocked his latest quirk! I really like how Shigaraki is really a dark reflection of Deku, down to the body horror they experience trying to control their powers. But with float, he can really stand a chance against Decay.
    Spoiler
    Show

Shigaraki's body being unable to handle all this power is amazing and perfect and exactly how it should go. Deku utilizing Float here (and probably using it during the Overhaul fight as well if we're being honest) is so cool, too. It really gives the fight a... lofty, feel.

The uh... endless list of dead from this is going to be horrifying, yeah.

Here's the thing. Momo's plan worked perfectly! They correctly and successfully knocked Gigantomachia unconcious with sleeping poison! Unfortunately no one knew that if Gigantomachia is took out he enters the bone zone and becomes a horrifying monster that is nigh unstoppable. This is just an unfortunate, unexpected consequence of perfectly valid actions.

16. - Top - End - #856

Spoiler
    Show
    It's probably not a coincidence that Deku developed float, Nana's quirk, while saving people from Nana's grandson.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

17. - Top - End - #857

Are these quirks coming out of order from the previous wielders? Im just curious if there is some other pattern here or if its something like, when you need it the most, the right quirk will activate. Also, are the quirks themselves supercharged by being a part of one for all? I havent been gathering up any backstory on this so im unsure if its been covered or not. I know on its own, one for all gets stronger with every generation, so it might make sense that the inborn quirks unknowingly passed on also get a boost from the power sharing effect. Also it might work to explain it as a safety valve. I know one of the long running theories is that one for all is getting too powerful to contain, hence why deku had so much trouble using it without crippling himself, this may be a feature where, ok, we are at the limit of what a human body can contain for raw strength, now its spilling the excess into the other quirks held by the users of one for all, empowering each of them with the extra. Give it another generation or two and the third holder of one for all after deku will be like Amazo or something with every power of the justice league at game changing levels of power.

18. - Top - End - #858

OrcBarbarianGuy

Are these quirks coming out of order from the previous wielders? Im just curious if there is some other pattern here or if its something like, when you need it the most, the right quirk will activate. Also, are the quirks themselves supercharged by being a part of one for all? I havent been gathering up any backstory on this so im unsure if its been covered or not. I know on its own, one for all gets stronger with every generation, so it might make sense that the inborn quirks unknowingly passed on also get a boost from the power sharing effect. Also it might work to explain it as a safety valve. I know one of the long running theories is that one for all is getting too powerful to contain, hence why deku had so much trouble using it without crippling himself, this may be a feature where, ok, we are at the limit of what a human body can contain for raw strength, now its spilling the excess into the other quirks held by the users of one for all, empowering each of them with the extra. Give it another generation or two and the third holder of one for all after deku will be like Amazo or something with every power of the justice league at game changing levels of power.
    Spoiler
    Show
    The quirks aren’t coming nominally out of order, though when black whip first appeared we might have also seen Nana Shimura’s float at the same time, since Deku seemed to be caught midair unleashing black whip all over the place. So they might have appeared simultaneously. Uncertain though.

The Black Whip user does confirm that Black Whip is much stronger in the ninth generation than it was when he held one for all. So all of the quirks in ofa are also going to be supercharged in power.

There’s a theoretical point where in a few generations ofa could easily kill its user before they master it... As we’re seeing with Shiggy and Deku, their quirks tore their bodies apart.

Spoiler
    Show

Shigaraki's body being unable to handle all this power is amazing and perfect and exactly how it should go. Deku utilizing Float here (and probably using it during the Overhaul fight as well if we're being honest) is so cool, too. It really gives the fight a... lofty, feel.

The uh... endless list of dead from this is going to be horrifying, yeah.

Here's the thing. Momo's plan worked perfectly! They correctly and successfully knocked Gigantomachia unconcious with sleeping poison! Unfortunately no one knew that if Gigantomachia is took out he enters the bone zone and becomes a horrifying monster that is nigh unstoppable. This is just an unfortunate, unexpected consequence of perfectly valid actions.
    Spoiler
    Show

1000 years jail for that pun

I might need to go back and reread the chapter where he got drugged because it never seemed to me like he actually went down? I don't think I missed a chapter but I don't remember seeing Machia lose consciousness

Edit: Going back to chapter 280 shows that Gigantomachia doesn't actually lose consciousness on-screen. Last we see of him he's just armoring up and preparing to go on the rampage we see later.

Last edited by Julian84; 2020-09-06 at 08:10 PM.

19. - Top - End - #859

Quote Originally Posted by Julian84 View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    The quirks aren’t coming nominally out of order, though when black whip first appeared we might have also seen Nana Shimura’s float at the same time, since Deku seemed to be caught midair unleashing black whip all over the place. So they might have appeared simultaneously. Uncertain though.

The Black Whip user does confirm that Black Whip is much stronger in the ninth generation than it was when he held one for all. So all of the quirks in ofa are also going to be supercharged in power.

There’s a theoretical point where in a few generations ofa could easily kill its user before they master it... As we’re seeing with Shiggy and Deku, their quirks tore their bodies apart.

Spoiler
    Show

1000 years jail for that pun

I might need to go back and reread the chapter where he got drugged because it never seemed to me like he actually went down? I don't think I missed a chapter but I don't remember seeing Machia lose consciousness

Edit: Going back to chapter 280 shows that Gigantomachia doesn't actually lose consciousness on-screen. Last we see of him he's just armoring up and preparing to go on the rampage we see later.

Thats what I mean, Its entirely possible that deku represents the pinnacle of one for alls physical boosting capability. That it wont get any greater because this is as much as can be contained, and needs excessive training for even that much (I have no idea if all might had similar issues early on) And if so, the power sharing boost from generation to generation will have to go somewhere, so as it turns out, we have a half dozen or more other quirks being passed along that could easily contain the extra energy before THEY might reach critical mass, and by then there will be even more quirks added to the pile. It may be that heavy training will always be a factor in the next generations not just to master using one for all without exploding, but also learning to activate and safely use the dozen or so other quirks that come with it. Especially since all of those quirks are going to be charged to the level of say, endeavor or todorokis raw power. Whats really interesting is, its a slow motion version of All For One and his abilities. Instead of stealing as many quirks as he wants and tacking them into his personal power library, its freely offered transference one generation to the next, but still ending up with a dude who has a half dozen different quirks and that total is only going to go up.

20. - Top - End - #860
    Ogre in the Playground

Thats what I mean, Its entirely possible that deku represents the pinnacle of one for alls physical boosting capability. That it wont get any greater because this is as much as can be contained, and needs excessive training for even that much (I have no idea if all might had similar issues early on) And if so, the power sharing boost from generation to generation will have to go somewhere, so as it turns out, we have a half dozen or more other quirks being passed along that could easily contain the extra energy before THEY might reach critical mass, and by then there will be even more quirks added to the pile. It may be that heavy training will always be a factor in the next generations not just to master using one for all without exploding, but also learning to activate and safely use the dozen or so other quirks that come with it. Especially since all of those quirks are going to be charged to the level of say, endeavor or todorokis raw power. Whats really interesting is, its a slow motion version of All For One and his abilities. Instead of stealing as many quirks as he wants and tacking them into his personal power library, its freely offered transference one generation to the next, but still ending up with a dude who has a half dozen different quirks and that total is only going to go up.
    All might explicitly had 100 percent use of All for One. From Day One. It's basically the reason he had so much difficulty explaining and teaching Deku how to not hurt himself. He never had that problem. It's just that he never got acess to any of the other quirks. All the power went into the strength boost.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Kekkersboy

My gaming and ideas channel.

21. - Top - End - #861

Quote Originally Posted by Devonix View Post
    All might explicitly had 100 percent use of All for One. From Day One. It's basically the reason he had so much difficulty explaining and teaching Deku how to not hurt himself. He never had that problem. It's just that he never got acess to any of the other quirks. All the power went into the strength boost.
    Did he have to do excessive training BEFORE he got the quirk? Basically, the sort of thing he put deku through before giving him the quirk at all. Because if not it seems odd that he could go from whatever his base stats were to "I CREATE TORNADOES WITH MY FIST!!!!" levels of strength without issue. Especially since deku was breaking himself using far less levels of power than all might could casually use apparently. A quick wiki search seems to imply from something gran torino said that he had some sort of inborn ability that let him use the One For All quirk much more easily than normal. Lets hope that gets passed on to future users as well huh?

22. - Top - End - #862

I can explain what the deal is here.

While yes, All Might did go through intense training from hell thanks to Torino, the reason why he was able to understand and use One For All as well as he could is just because he had the right mentality. Something about how HE, as a person, is, allowed him to use 100% without any trouble from the get go. I don't think this is something One For All can pass on, necessarily. It can pass on his vestige that can try and teach the new holders, like how the other vestiges can talk with Deku a bit, but otherwise... I don't think anyone else will ever be as blessed as All Might was.

23. - Top - End - #863

OrcBarbarianGuy

While yes, All Might did go through intense training from hell thanks to Torino, the reason why he was able to understand and use One For All as well as he could is just because he had the right mentality. Something about how HE, as a person, is, allowed him to use 100% without any trouble from the get go. I don't think this is something One For All can pass on, necessarily. It can pass on his vestige that can try and teach the new holders, like how the other vestiges can talk with Deku a bit, but otherwise... I don't think anyone else will ever be as blessed as All Might was.
    Even then, your mileage may vary on "blessed". He had zero access to the vestiges or the other quirks, which could have been the edge he needed taking on All for One six years prior. Granted his superstrength made him on par with All for One, which in and of itself is completely insane but he still came out of that fight much worse for wear.

24. - Top - End - #864
    Barbarian in the Playground

But if One For All doesn't somehow become easier to use after Deku the person he passes on to could well cause a global mass extinction event by accident five minutes after receiving it.

25. - Top - End - #865

Quote Originally Posted by Spamotron View Post
    But if One For All doesn't somehow become easier to use after Deku the person he passes on to could well cause a global mass extinction event by accident five minutes after receiving it.
    I mean, yeah. That's absolutely a danger of the quirk, and why choosing a successor is so difficult.

The only real solution is to remove the need for One For All to exist.

26. - Top - End - #866
    Ettin in the Playground

Something about how [All Might], as a person, is, allowed him to use 100% without any trouble from the get go.
    Actually, what Gran Torino said was that All Might never had any trouble regulating his power output, not necessarily that he was instantly able to use 100%.

Formerly known as "Herpestidae."
    Most of my posts are done by mobile. Expect typos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    Things don't magically stop being fun when you reach a certain age.

27. - Top - End - #867

Actually, what Gran Torino said was that All Might never had any trouble regulating his power output, not necessarily that he was instantly able to use 100%.
    Fair point, that was bad wording on my part. They're functionally pretty similar concepts though, since All Might's only real advice was "you gotta... FEEEEL it" which is how he did it. It's interesting.

28. - Top - End - #868
    Ettin in the Playground

Gives a smirk for All Might gave other words on how to use All for One during that faithful day of the UH try outs.

29. - Top - End - #869

I mean, yeah. That's absolutely a danger of the quirk, and why choosing a successor is so difficult.

The only real solution is to remove the need for One For All to exist.
    Or for Deku to never, ever die.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #870

Ok, im curious, how well known is it that deku has all mights quirk? I know shiguraki knows it, bakugo knows it, has word been spread around? Because I imagine that would cause an incredible amount of pressure on deku to live up to all might long before he is actually ready. Honestly, I would have spread that knowledge far and wide as early as possible if I were all for one for exactly that reason. Make a child have to live up to the public perception of the symbol of peace and chances are good he would fail, which damages the peoples opinion of him, puts him in TONS more danger as bad guys will all want him dead before he can learn to master his quirk, and cause immense chaos that can be exploited by him and his league. Maybe its more a personal thing so they dont WANT to spread the word, im not too certain of the deep motivations between them all.