New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Phantom template encounter

Hey,

I am building a phantom human archer encounter for some time now and I am a bit confused.

A phantom can add its STR bonus to attack/damage rolls, so it cam handle a composite longbow and deliver the extra damage. But what happens with any other use of the bonus like skill checks (climb, jump etsc) as by SRD an incorporeal creature has no STR

Also an incorporeal creature has a 50% chance to avoid damage form spells (with the force/energy exceptions). Does that mean that any other spell works normally on it (charms, buffs etc)?

Finally by SRD "An incorporeal creature’s attacks pass through (ignore) natural armor, armor, and shields". Does it apply for the phantom?

Thnx

2. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Phantom template encounter

Quote Originally Posted by spH3RiCal View Post
    Hey,

I am building a phantom human archer encounter for some time now and I am a bit confused.

A phantom can add its STR bonus to attack/damage rolls, so it cam handle a composite longbow and deliver the extra damage. But what happens with any other use of the bonus like skill checks (climb, jump etsc) as by SRD an incorporeal creature has no STR

Also an incorporeal creature has a 50% chance to avoid damage form spells (with the force/energy exceptions). Does that mean that any other spell works normally on it (charms, buffs etc)?

Finally by SRD "An incorporeal creature’s attacks pass through (ignore) natural armor, armor, and shields". Does it apply for the phantom?

Thnx
    It still can use its STR for skills.

Yes, it's my understanding that the Miss Chance only applies to Attack Rolls, so examples like Charm still function normally.

Yes? Not actually sure on that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    What legacy do we leave, after all, but those quotes that others have sigged?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jergmo View Post
    What do you do when you fight an undead that turns into a spider that's filled with spiders that turns into spiders after trapping you in magical webbing? You scream, and you never stop.
    'Prax' is fine.

Take your forklift safety seriously, kids. You'll lose, every time.