New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Shun the Light, It's WoW Classic Time

Nope, I just get a mini meltdown every time the tank makes a full stop when anyone is below 90% mana. This is not a mythic dungeon, you can do trash pulls with 3 guys if you want.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Spore View Post
    Nope, I just get a mini meltdown every time the tank makes a full stop when anyone is below 90% mana. This is not a mythic dungeon, you can do trash pulls with 3 guys if you want.
    Again, my memory of dungeons is that this is pretty common. You pull a group, you drink up, you move on to the next group. Going too fast with a PUG is a quick way to wipe. Especially if some members of the group aren't expecting the pull.

It's different if you're with a guild and people you can trust not to screw things up, or people outside your guild that you've run the dungeon with before who you can trust not to do crazy stuff. For PUGs I've always found it best to go with the flow.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Colossus in the Playground

Okay, so...did you accidentally send your pet in too fast as you previously indicated, or were you actively trying to push the tank to go faster? Because now, it's sounding like what happened, is that you went into the dungeon expecting to rush through it at top speed like people started doing in WotLK, and were shocked and, apparently, outraged to be with four people who didn't have that as their plan.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Okay, so...did you accidentally send your pet in too fast as you previously indicated, or were you actively trying to push the tank to go faster?
    Yes I was impatient. No I never pulled before the tank did (i.e. started moving). Yes, my pet charges at some mobs so it is at the mob before the tank. I understand where the miscommunication comes from.

I warned the tank that I turned pet taunt off but if he is ever at risk of dying or mobs run awry (they do that a lot), i use my pet taunt manually. I feel that is what caught his ire and misunderstanding since he said I should not do that.

Then I dpsed a few of the entry mobs (stuff I could more or less solo anyhow, stuff everyone in the group could without a tanking pet) very early. I then pmed the tank that I know how this looks and that I would be more cautious once we reach the dangerous mobs. He just said that he did not care. I then muted him and proceeded as before. We did clear the Murlocs before the first shrine where my pet tanked a caster murloc since the tank did not communicate a focus target via marks. You can't pull a caster towards the tank by moving the pet so I finished it. Shortly after the boss I got kicked.

Which is where I got my medium sized meltdown and pulled mobs from every direction to at least wipe them. Yes, it is immature and childish. But I would do it again.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ettin in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Yes I was impatient. No I never pulled before the tank did (i.e. started moving). Yes, my pet charges at some mobs so it is at the mob before the tank. I understand where the miscommunication comes from.

I warned the tank that I turned pet taunt off but if he is ever at risk of dying or mobs run awry (they do that a lot), i use my pet taunt manually. I feel that is what caught his ire and misunderstanding since he said I should not do that.

Then I dpsed a few of the entry mobs (stuff I could more or less solo anyhow, stuff everyone in the group could without a tanking pet) very early. I then pmed the tank that I know how this looks and that I would be more cautious once we reach the dangerous mobs. He just said that he did not care. I then muted him and proceeded as before. We did clear the Murlocs before the first shrine where my pet tanked a caster murloc since the tank did not communicate a focus target via marks. You can't pull a caster towards the tank by moving the pet so I finished it. Shortly after the boss I got kicked.

Which is where I got my medium sized meltdown and pulled mobs from every direction to at least wipe them. Yes, it is immature and childish. But I would do it again.
    So let me get this straight.

You have your pet charging mobs that the tank is not actively targeting.

You have your pet using its taunt (under certain circumstances sure, but I almost never had my pet taunting for any reason).

You aren't watching your DPS to make sure aggro stays on the taunt.

When the tank complained, you muted him.

When you very unsurprisingly got kicked, you threw a tantrum and wiped the group.

And people wonder why Hunters have a bad reputation.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Colossus in the Playground

Aside from co-signing everything Rodin said, "i.e. started moving"? So no, you weren't actually letting the tank pull--you just ran in as soon as they weren't actually standing still, because you wanted to be zooming through the dungeon at maximum speed, and it didn't matter to you whether anyone else did.

This is indeed a post that could be linked as an example of "hunters have a bad rep," but not on the side you're thinking. Assuming that stunt didn't already get you server blacklisted, everyone who unknowingly winds up in a group with you in the future has my sympathy.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Eldritch Horror in the Playground Moderator

Spoiler: I have a question, Hans
    Show
    Last edited by The Glyphstone; 2019-10-21 at 10:51 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Spoiler: I have a question, Hans
    Show
    snip
    There is a distinct lack of skull themed hunter gear tho.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

There is a distinct lack of skull themed hunter gear tho.
    Aren't hunter raid sets generally focused on wearing the carcasses of your enemies?

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Aren't hunter raid sets generally focused on wearing the carcasses of your enemies?
    Spoiler: You got a point there...
    Show

11. - Top - End - #191
    Ogre in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Sorry to say it, but reading this remark it's hard not to come away with the impression that you behaved like a complete turd-burgler. Here's the thing: Not everyone thinks this game is as easy as you do. You may be a complete bad-ass. You may find the game easy, nay, trivial. But it's a cooperative multiplayer game, and the team sinks or swims together, and when you restort to actual sabotage, no matter what the provocation may have been, you've definitely taken up the mantle of the villain. If that's what you're bringing to the game, I'd advise you to look into solo games, or at the very least, find a like-minded clan of highly aggressive players.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Banned

To add on to what everyone else has said, if you're charging your pet in before the tank is in combat you're

1. Stopping his ability to establish aggro while the mobs are clumped before everyone starts DPSing,

2. Stopping his ability to charge to generate rage since you're initiating combat. This is huge for a warrior since the first few seconds of the pull when you're rage starved at the most difficult of any tanking encounter.

3. Stopping his ability to put the pull where he wants it since one mob will be randomly off somewhere attacking your pet. This exposes to groups to patrols, and means he can't prioritize the mobs in the manner he normally would. You're also probably wasting healing on your pet, and DPSing your pet's target instead of the proper group target.

You seem to be objectively in the wrong here. I can easily see why the tank was irate, and I can see why they kicked you out if you muted them when they asked you to stop. I played a warrior as my main for years, have played on vanilla private servers, and now classic. I probably have more hours on a vanilla warrior than almost anyone, and am comfortable saying I'm very good at the class. It would still be annoying to group with someone behaving like you described yourself.

It's one thing to play sub-optimally. It's quite another to willfully be disruptive even after you're asked to stop.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2019-10-21 at 05:15 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
    To add on to what everyone else has said, if you're charging your pet in before the tank is in combat you're

1. Stopping his ability to establish aggro while the mobs are clumped before everyone starts DPSing,

2. Stopping his ability to charge to generate rage since you're initiating combat. This is huge for a warrior since the first few seconds of the pull when you're rage starved at the most difficult of any tanking encounter.

3. Stopping his ability to put the pull where he wants it since one mob will be randomly off somewhere attacking your pet. This exposes to groups to patrols, and means he can't prioritize the mobs in the manner he normally would. You're also probably wasting healing on your pet, and DPSing your pet's target instead of the proper group target.

You seem to be objectively in the wrong here. I can easily see why the tank was irate, and I can see why they kicked you out if you muted them when they asked you to stop. I played a warrior as my main for years, have played on vanilla private servers, and now classic. I probably have more hours on a vanilla warrior than almost anyone, and am comfortable saying I'm very good at the class. It would still be annoying to group with someone behaving like you described yourself.

It's one thing to play sub-optimally. It's quite another to willfully be disruptive even after you're asked to stop.
    Yeah I second that. I played Hunter for Classic + 2 expansions. The ONLY time I would act like that is if I'm in a group of good friends I was messing with. People like that are EXACTLY the reason hunters had a bad name.

Behaving like that in a PUG is a good way to get yourself blacklisted by a whole bunch of people on the server, especially if they were in a guild.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.