New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Default SAGA Edition game, IC

You’re in a cantina on a strange and distant world. The only people you really know are your crew mates, most other patrons of this “fine” establishment speaking a throaty alien language. You’re here waiting for a contract. The only name he gave you was “David”, and he claims to have a valuable cargo to smuggle, for which he is willing to pay generously.

After a few minutes, he finally appears. To you shock, he is a droid. “My apologies, fine salarymen,” he says, as he sits down, “My name is D-V1D. I work for the Rebellion. Major Antenos on Canto Base, specifically. And I need you to smuggle something to him.”
    Last edited by Vrock Bait; 2019-09-09 at 09:18 PM.
    Spoiler: Total War
    Show

As
    The Celestial Empire of Longshan

Spoiler: Domination Victory
    Show

Equinox League

Red Aurora College - Fae of the Four Courts - Khalos Guild - Celestial Empire

(Pretend there’s more spoilers here because I haven’t found the will to digitize my campaign setting yet)
    寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

2. - Top - End - #2
    Firbolg in the Playground

BlackDragon

Default Re: SAGA Edition game, IC

Miri Trace

Miri had selected a table near the back of the catina, the better to give the young smuggler a view of the whole place. She had to admit she'd been in better drinking dens and gambling pits. For one thing the locals didn't seem to know their way around Basic. At least the drinks aren't terrible she thought as she leaned back in her seat and supped her Alderaanian Spiced Ale, her tight black flightsuit flattering her figure. The cantina might be shabby but she wasn't.

She was just scouting the cantina floor for the dozenth time when the droid appeared. Miri's green eyes widened even further than normal. She'd worked with droids enough to know what they were capable of, but even so this was a surprise.

'Hello, I'm Captain Trace. I've got to say you're shinier than I expected,' she told D-V1D, a smirk tugging at her lips. In a quiet voice she continued 'Now, where exactly is Canto Base and what do you want us to carry on this run?'

Miri glanced at her friends just in case they wanted to ask questions of their own.

3. - Top - End - #3

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Vrock Bait View Post
    You’re in a cantina on a strange and distant world. The only people you really know are your crew mates, most other patrons of this “fine” establishment speaking a throaty alien language. You’re here waiting for a contract. The only name he gave you was “David”, and he claims to have a valuable cargo to smuggle, for which he is willing to pay generously.
    Secles sits in the corner, his back to both walls, steadily working his way through his third beer as he fiddles with his wristcomp. He's been trying to track down a flutter in the port maneuvering thruster for the past week, and he thinks he's almost got it figured out. Even so, he keeps a wary eye on the crowd.

After a few minutes, he finally appears. To you shock, he is a droid. “My apologies, fine salarymen,” he says, as he sits down, “My name is D-V1D. I work for the Rebellion. Major Antenos on Canto Base, specifically. And I need you to smuggle something to him.”
    "What she said." He begins bluntly, blanking his comp. "Plus, we need to know the pay, if there's anyone after the shipment, and how urgent the delivery is. The usual stuff."

4. - Top - End - #4

EvilClericGuy

“We simply want you to smuggle 3 small crates to Cantos Base, on the planet Okayu. If there was not a need for confidentiality, then I would have hired lesser smugglers. If there was not a need for protection of the cargo, I would have hired a simple shipment of goods. Of course, my offer of 50,000 credits should also suffice, for the purpose of this mission.”
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

(Pretend there’s more spoilers here because I haven’t found the will to digitize my campaign setting yet)
    寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

A short ways away, a girl in a faded dark vest and cargos, and a pair of goggles not quite as dark, sits at a table with a strange musical device in her arms. Just barely out of reach is her upturned cap with a credit stick or two in it; she seems to be panhandling (or at the very least, playing music for her own drinks.) The lack of any band on a stage (or a stage for that matter...) bolstered her to try it out.

The goggles hide that she's glancing back over towards the others bargaining with the droid, and at the door of the place itself, keeping watch...

She plays a nice jaunty tune, her fingers flying over keys and tapping buttons and toggles without much effort.

Spoiler: OOC/rolls
    Show

(1d20+9)[23] Perform check to see if I can earn us some scratch!

(1d20+8)[17] Perception check to watch the place in case anybody we don't want to deal with--inquisitors, storm troopers, etc.--show up.
    Last edited by tonberryking; 2019-09-10 at 03:23 PM.
    <BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

6. - Top - End - #6

EvilClericGuy

As patrons come and go, many drop small credit sticks in your hat. However, others drop some sort of stone coinage, what seems to be the local currency. You glance around the cantina, searching for suspicious figures. You see a fight in progress in the back, between two large but stupid toughs, while a shadowy man lurks at a table in the corner, quietly sipping a beer. A tough-looking bounty hunter is at the bar, presumably celebrating his latest job, and a group of cosplayers talk over drinks. Mostly, however, you see the shaved heads of the rowdy bar fighters, marks of stormtroopers, the look of a man utterly destroyed, mourning alone in a corner, a braggart who is too drunk to be effectual, and the cosplay that is not effective enough of a disguise to hide a meeting of Shadow Wing gangsters. Looks can be deceiving, and you of all people know that.
    Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

You have earned: (3d50)[100] credits.
    (3d100)[229] local currency.
    Last edited by Vrock Bait; 2019-09-10 at 06:49 PM.
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Not going to post another action again, at least until others have a shot, but... how many off duty storm troopers is Opal seeing here?

<BananaPhone> Stop sniveling worm! You think something as petty as "oh boo hoo my house is collapsing!" should stop you from posting in an online fantasy game where people pretend to be werewolves?

"Let me get this straight. Some guy dressed up as Batman to fight the guys dressing up as clowns scaring people. Maybe this planet aint so bad after all."

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

KD85-CG46-IT29-CZ1X

In Binary: |Greetings D-V1D. What are the external dimensions and mass of the crates? Are there any handling or storage requirements? In the unlikely event that we are being boarded and the cargo may be discovered do you want some or all of it to be destroyed?|
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

9. - Top - End - #9

WolfInSheepsClothing

“We simply want you to smuggle 3 small crates to Cantos Base, on the planet Okayu. If there was not a need for confidentiality, then I would have hired lesser smugglers. If there was not a need for protection of the cargo, I would have hired a simple shipment of goods. Of course, my offer of 50,000 credits should also suffice, for the purpose of this mission.”

"Well said, and we also need to know where exactly on the planet the base is, as well as the necessary recognition codes so we don't get shot when we show up."
    Secles adds. "But aside from those necessary details, 50 buys you a lot of no-questions."

He scans the bar for anyone listening in, and continues "I figure we can lift in a couple of hours, barring any complications."

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

That's taking ten for 17 on perception to check for eavesdroppers, and the few hours is basically me fishing for a couple scavenger rolls before we take off.

What would you guys like me to make? I can do just about anything worth 500 credits or less, as long as it isn't super complex.

10. - Top - End - #10

BlackDragon

Miri Trace

Miri smirked at Secles 'no questions' comment. 'I couldn't agree more. Well I think we are all in agreement about accepting and my colleagues with better maths skills can finesse the details.'

The young woman glances around the cantina. A couple of hours to kill... she could listen to the local gossip, maybe find a quick card game or too. At the very least she could finish her drink.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Perception: (1d20+7)[13] - looking for anyone who looks like they might be interested in a game of sabacc.

11. - Top - End - #11

EvilClericGuy

Opal

The bar fight appears to consist of two members of separate units fighting each other. There are about six others cheering them on.

Others

D-V1D gives you the recognition codes and coordinates. He explains to you that the boxes measure 1 by 1 by 1 meters, and have a triangle inside a hexagon symbol on it. The droid tells you to pick the boxes up at storage unit 4, at the spaceport, before leaving without a word.
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

12. - Top - End - #12

WolfInSheepsClothing

Opal

The bar fight appears to consist of two members of separate units fighting each other. There are about six others cheering them on.

Others

D-V1D gives you the recognition codes and coordinates. He explains to you that the boxes measure 1 by 1 by 1 meters, and have a triangle inside a hexagon symbol on it. The droid tells you to pick the boxes up at storage unit 4, at the spaceport, before leaving without a word.
    Secles

"Well,"
    Secles says, "guess we had better get a move on." He drains the last dregs of his beer and uncoils to his full height. "Let's get the cargo stowed, first. Then I can do my junk-hunting and Opal can get her money changed while Miri files a flight plan."

13. - Top - End - #13

EvilClericGuy

Miri

At a table to the left, a group of Trandoshans are playing Sabacc, but seem to be gambling for impossibly low stakes. At a table to the right, some natives are playing a variant of holochess, which might be fun. They all look quite wealthy, if you could convince them to gamble.
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

14. - Top - End - #14

BlackDragon

Miri Trace

Finishing her own drink and then standing up, Miri turned right and strolled over. 'Hello. Any room for a girl with a little time to kill before her next voyage?' Miri asks the locals, offering them a pleasant smile.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Persuasion: (1d20+7)[13]

15. - Top - End - #15

EvilClericGuy

They seem unable to grasp what you are saying. Should you try again?
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

16. - Top - End - #16

WolfInSheepsClothing

Secles

"Meet you back at the ship in four hours." Secles tells Miri, as he heads towards the exit of the bar.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I'm going to take ten on my perception checks to find salvage for a total of 17.

That gives me four little piles of 510 "junk credits" each.

17. - Top - End - #17

BlackDragon

Miri Trace

Miri nodded at Secles before she turned back to the locals and registered their blank faces.

Not for the first time Miri found herself wishing she'd spent more time paying attention to language courses in school instead of looking over the cute boy from Alderaan in class. Still she tried again.

'May I play?'

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Taking ten for Persuaion which is 17.

18. - Top - End - #18

EvilClericGuy

Miri

The aliens seem to grasp your meaning, and invite you to sit down.
    Last edited by Vrock Bait; 2019-09-13 at 04:41 PM.
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

19. - Top - End - #19

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler: Everybody makes Int checks to see who wins
    Show

Alien 1: (1d20+1)[15]
    2: (1d20+1)[9]
    3: (1d20+1)[8]
    Miri now makes one.
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

KD85-CG46-IT29-CZ1X

Z1X intends to say "I shall go to the ship and prepare the hold for the new cargo."

However "I'm going on a ship and preparing ownership for a new luggage." is what comes out of the old decrepit vocabulator, no matter what Z1X does the droid cannot get it to work properly.
    "Time is an abstract concept created by carbon-based life-forms to monitor their ongoing decay." - Thunderclese

21. - Top - End - #21

BlackDragon

Miri Trace

Miri took a seat, glancing quizically at both players and board before settling in.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Int check: (1d20+2)[19]

If my Gambler talent counts for this game my modifier is +4

22. - Top - End - #22
    Ettin in the Playground

Finishing her last synthetic ditty, Opal glides over to the bar and slides half of the local currency she earned to the bartender and gets a basic, non alcoholic/stimulant drink while still keeping an eye on the storm troopers. Mostly she seems to be waiting for Miri to finish up before shadowing her out.

Spoiler: ooc/rolls
    Show

(1d20+8)[21] Another perception, mostly to make sure no troublemakers are coming to look for rebel smugglers.

23. - Top - End - #23

EvilClericGuy

Miri

You easily best the natives at their own game. They do not seem happy. One starts waving around a vibroknife, but his companion quiets him down, before handing your winnings over.
    Spoiler: Crunch
    Show

Here I would rule your Gambler bonus does impact the check, since I'm assuming the bonus is more from being able to sense what people are thinking. You've won:
    (5d100)[267] credits

Opal

The stormtroopers have stopped their competition, but out of the fire, into the frying pan, they say. The stormtroopers seemed to have realized their is an illicit gathering of gangsters at the far end of the cantina, so you might want to leave soon to avoid getting in any fights or attracting too much attention.
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ettin in the Playground

Opal makes her way placidly towards Miri, putting a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"We should go; it's been fun but we don't want to overdue things, right Miri?" she whispers, without trying to draw attention to the off duty troopers.

"I'm sure, after all, there are other patrons who'd rather enjoy their time here now."

25. - Top - End - #25

EvilClericGuy

Spoiler: IMPORTANT
    Show
    Time skip to loading in cargo.
    We were stuck at a "door", it's my responsibility to open it.
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ogre in the Playground

Z1X approaches one of the crates and attempts to pick it up.

Spoiler: Lifting Capacity
    Show
    Z1X can carry 94 kg (207 lb) without having to empty any storage compartments or strain.

27. - Top - End - #27

EvilClericGuy

Z1X

You pick it up with ease, removing it from the storage compartment.
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。

28. - Top - End - #28

BlackDragon

Miri Trace

Miri had not been blind to the locals unhappiness over her good fortune at the table and she felt glad her friend showed up. The scoundrel had no doubt she could handle the table if it came to blows but she did not want to attract more attention.

'Thank you gentlemen for the game, I wish you a good evening.' Scooping up her credits she left.

'Thanks Opal,' she said once they were out of earshot. Miri smiled at her friend. 'Don't worry I'd have walked away before we got to bloodshed. Trick of a good gambler - know your audience.'

She lowered her voice. 'Speaking of which did you notice anyone who was taking a little too much interest in us?'

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Z1X begins loading the crates onto the ship.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Perception, is anyone paying an unusual amount of attention to a droid moving a crate: (1d20+9)[23]

30. - Top - End - #30

EvilClericGuy

Z1X(present)

You don't notice anybody looking at you in particular, but you see some armored men asking around in the back. On their shoulders is the same symbol on the crates. Could these be the rightful owners? You've been paid a lot to do this job, though.
    Show

As

Show

Equinox League

寧教我負天下人,休教天下人負我。