New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Colossus in the Playground

Default New Bleach in The Playground Discussion and Recruitment

To get this out of the way: This game has no continuity with the previous incarnation of this game. Assume that spiritual matters, such as the nature of Las Noches, what Zanpakuto are made of, and what the Soul King is, are the same as in canon unless otherwise stated.

If you have a character from a previous game that you want to adapt, that's okay, but keep in mind the different lore, tone, and (initial) power level of this game is going to be different.

What I'm going for is that the PCs are a ragtag bunch of humans and low-level spirits, all on the younger side, who are sort of Hobo/Scooby Doing their way around the world and occasionally getting caught up in the spiritual matters in places where they stop. Very episodic to begin with, more on the lines of the Agents of the Shinigami arc.

You can be a human medium, a rogue witch or wizard, a rogue shinigami, or even a lone Arrancar or Visored if you can justify them being at the low level of power we're working with to start with. I would prefer us to not use Quincy, full hollows, ordinary souls, non-powered humans, or dragons, though if you can make a good pitch an exception can be made. The primary reason for these exclusions is lore based, though with Quincy the added aspect of "destroying souls" is also problematic.

You could also do something more unique if you explain it adequately.

The comment about witches, wizards, and dragons is deliberate: While we don't have many details yet beyond the oneshot, you are permitted to mine ideas from Burn The Witch.

Here's an example character, who I'll be using: Full Discloser, she's an adapted and modified version of a character I used in a previous Blach RP who's character arc I wasn't able to satisfactorily complete becuase of creative differences with another player coupled with a third player just kind of vanishing off the faces of the earth. (And that's all I'm going to say)

Sarah Smith
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Sarah Smith
    Height: 5 foot.
    Weight: She's light framed and waiflike.
    Species: Human with Hollow Powers
    Station: Teen Runaway

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah is a small teenage girl with short silver hair and silver eyes who dresses in concealing powers, focusing long sleeves and jeans and comfortable sneakers, though at the end of the day she wears whatever is available to her. She tends to carry a backpack, and people paying close attention to her wrists might notice a small silver bracelet with a stylized skull pendant under her right sleeve.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah hasn't been formally educated since she was ten, but she's been self-educated for a while and is far from stupid. She's decently well-read and tends to carry a book with her when she can and has a decent enough grounding in philosophy. Sarah Identifies as a Nihilist: The World is a cruel place that doesn't give a damn about you and nothing's fair. What are you going to do about it. However, Sarah does not consider herself an Ubermensch, as right now her primary concern is her own safety and comfort. Admittedly, she wants to get those things on her own terms, but she's just not in a position to decide what right and wrong are for herself and then go from there to be her best self yet.

When Sarah was younger, she used to love superheroes. Her favorite was Alan Scott, the Golden Age Green Lantern, but nowadays she lacks the level of optimism needed to genuinely enjoy them.

Sarah is gay. She's open casual about that and doesn't understand why people thing that what kind of bits you wanna boink with is such a big deal for some people, but isn't exactly in a position, either in age or in emotional state, to be looking for a relationship and even if she was she has different priorities by now.

Sarah doesn't trust people easily due to a series of traumatic events in her past and tends to closely guard her emotions. She tends to snark and be sarcastic, and if one pays very close attention one might notice the very faint traces of the remnant of an Appalachian accent.

She carries a bracelet with a skull charm that used to belong to her mother and she gets violent and the thought of being separated from it.

In general, one gets the feeling that Sarah isn't cut out for modern mortal society.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah thinks she's a Fullbringer. The truth is a bit more complicated.

Her history starts with a Hollow, a monstrous batlike Adjucha with energy-consuming powers on the cusp of becoming a Vasto Lorde, who called herself "The Soul Eating Devil Queen" The Queen was cut down and destroyed, but attempted to cheat the cycle of reincarnation by forcing her mind and as much of her power as posisble into a particularly powerful fragment of her dominant soul, which she believed, truthfully or not, to have been the "pancreas of the Soul King." whether such a spiritual organ actually exists separate from the King's body has not been confirmed.

This Fragment was then sent out to merge with a compatible human soul that was set to be born in a twisted perversion of reincarnation but made a fatal error: The compatible soul was one that, likewise, possessed a nature to absorb energy and so devoured and assimilated the fragment.

Thus, the child Sarah Smith is a human who was hollowfied from birth, her powers remaining dormant until her adolescence.

Sarah grew up in a small tourist trap town in the mountains, with the standard gimmicks: A medium, a psychic, a mystery shack, an old haunted manor, and so on and so forth. The difference, of course, was that her town actually was haunted: It wasn't until she was eight that she realized that the boy she played with outside of the old schoolhouse had been dead since the Civil War.

Likewise, the various psychics were actually psychic. Her mother was the local medium, her father ran the tour of the old haunted manor, and so on. The whole town, ghosts and mortals, were in on one big scam.

Unfortunately, a small town full of mediums and spirits is an attractive target for beings that feed on souls and spiritual enemies. Once, when Sarah was young, an entire pack of hollows rolled through town. It was an absolute slaughter, with only a handful of living children surviving. Over the course of a few days, with Sarah hiding in a basement and muttering excerpts from her comic books to try and make herself feel safe, Sarah's powers absorbed and she began to absorb left over hollow reiryoku left behind in the attack.

A few days later, state authorities came by and the survivors were all shipped off to foster care. Unfortunately, Sarah was particularly traumatized and there was trouble finding her a permanent placement. People kept sending her back becuase, between the PTSD and her talking about ghosts, people just thought she was too crazy to deal with. Eventually, after learning that most people can't see ghosts(and, as an aside, being forced to take speech therapy lessons to kill her accent,) she found long term placement with a seemingly perfect suburban upper-middle-class family...

Unfortunately, when she slipped up and mentioned seeing spirits, they assumed she was mentally ill and got her put in antipsychotics, the side effects of which made her life hell. Eventually, she figured out how to prove that she wasn't crazy and did, in fact, have powers. Which prompted them to think that she was possessed by Satan. An exorcism ceremony, an attempt to take away her mother's bracelet, and a priest being punched in the crotch later and Sarah was a runaway.

About a year later, Sarah found herself taken in by an independently wealthy man who drove a big rig for fun. He was nice. He was patient. And he had powers. Powers like hers. And he knew things, about spirits and ghosts and those monsters who tore up her home town. He gave her a warm, safe place to sleep and he taught her how to use her powers, the ones her parents didn't have and explained where they came from.

And then he attacked her. And tried to take her powers for himself. He was just using her. She escaped, and she's been alone ever since, her mentor's betrayal being the last straw that killed her ability to trust people unconditionally.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah's Reiryoku feels more like a hollow than a human's. Normally a Fullbringer's power feels mostly like a living human's with only traces of Hollow, but Sarah's is dominated by the dark, menacing, insane and hungry presence of a hollow.

Sarah has a very good working knowledge of sleight of hand, bluffing, picking locks, knowing where cameras are, and how to pass unseen.

Sarah is a moderately skilled street brawler.

Sarah has been using Fullbring to get by for a long time, making her very, very skilled in the use of Bringerlight to rapidly move and she uses other aspects of it to help pick locks and avoid cameras, as well as do "magic tricks" on the street while panhandling.

Sarah's unique power, which she calls by the particularly Tryhard name of "Aegis of the Deathknight," is channeled through her mother's bracelet. It is a clad-type Fullbring that resembles jet black plate-mail armor with silver skeleton themed decorations over a black-cloth garment.

The armor itself is conceptually indestructible, but the cloth is merely very durable, and while the armor is very good are deflecting force, it's not perfect. Hit Sarah hard enough and you'll knock her around. Pick her up and shake her and she'll get hurt rattling around. Not to mention that theoretically, an attack could slip bye through the joints and that the armor doesn't currently have a helmet.

Sarah won't admit it, but she thinks that her power takes this form as a manifestation of a desire to never hurt again.

The truth is, her power isn't armor. It's a chrysalis. when active, her fullbring passively absorbs ambient spiritual energy and, while she doesn't know this yet, energy and certain elemental based spiritual attacks and when it takes in enough it expands and grows, becoming thicker and covering more of her body, protecting her better. Eventually, it'll encase her completely and the energy it takes it will instead be used to transform her into her true self.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Sarah's Backpack carries at any given time at least one change of clothes, a sleeping bag, at least one book, and at least a few days worth of snacks and supplies.

Sarah has an irrational pathological fear of pain and injury.

Last edited by Rater202; 2020-05-19 at 05:36 PM.
    I also answer to Bookmark and Shadow Claw.

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Awesome Avatar by Emperor Ing
    Spoiler: Ode To Meteors, By zimmerwald
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: New Bleach in The Playground Discussion and Recruitment

I got something. yes its very bare bones of a concept, but given how animalistic and generic low level hollows are, it only makes sense that an arrancar formed from them doesn't have much in way of memory or identity, and its supposed to grow as she goes.

Spoiler: Shiroihako Sheet
    Show

Name: Shiroihako (White Blade)
    Race: Arrancar
    Station: Wandering Amnesiac Arrancar Ronin

Personality:
    Not much. Shiroihako has no memories of who she was before she died since she is a low level Hollow-turned Arrancar, since Hollows are basically animals at that low level of power. She does like a certain manga know simply as “Ronin” that is unpopular and hard to find that she models herself after, thinking of herself as a modern ronin going from place to place to protect people from these things called Hollows.

Description:
    She has long black hair that is loose and free flowing. Her eyes are grey and her skin is fair if on the pale side. She wears wears a white trench coat, white pants, white shirt, white shoes

Abilities:
    Arrancar Zanpakuto:
    Her zanpakuto currently seems like a normal if white katana. However killing hollows with it makes it and its wielder grow in power by consuming them through her blade.

Form Lock:
    Shiroihako seems to be form locked in a humanoid form, currently having no ability to resurrecion. She still has a hollow hole in the center of her chest and an estigma that takes the form of a generic white mask she wears on the side of her head.

Enhanced Abilities:
    She can see and interact with spirits, as well as having enhanced strength speed, resilience and dexterity over most people, allowing her to fight low level hollows with brute strength, with not much skill behind it.

Lended Gigai:
    She has a gigai given to her by a black marketeer of the spirit world. She is still paying off the debt.

Backstory:
    One day a rogue shinigami try to do an experiment on a low level hollow, recently formed. The experiment...went wrong. The oddly weak arrancar that resulted from it, having no idea of who or what they are. This arrancar when they woke up found themselves alone in strangely white clothes, her mind as blank as her appearance. She had a katana on her belt for some reason, not remembering her name, she decided to call herself Shiroiha-ko or “White Blade”. By luck she found this manga in the trash called “Ronin” and read it, finding it a fascinating tale of a wandering lordless samurai protecting the weak and innocent from evil in feudal japan. She decided that since she had a katana, she must be like this ronin except in the modern day.
    So she wandered, and remembers modern life, but is unable to remember who she is. However she has been coming across these masked things that call themselves hollows that are causing suffering and realized this must be the evil she is here to fight. She isn't sure why every time she defeats one these hollows are sucked into her blade, but as long as people are safe she doesn't see anything bad about it. But she couldn't interact with anybody.

Then one day a strange man, mysterious and shady saw her and she happy to finally interact with him. He even offered her a deal: he could give her a false body to interact with the living once again, but would owe him a monetary debt which she would have to pay off. She accepted, thinking it better than wandering invisible and lonely. To make money she has thus become an occult investigator hired to take care of haunted places and other such cases where it often seems to be a Hollow causing it. She still doesn't know what she is doing, or who she really is and trying to figure that out.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-03-19 at 02:02 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

3. - Top - End - #3

I have to ask how a ghost can work as an occult investigator. She'd need a false body to interact with people, so where would she have gotten it?

Read my fanfiction here. Homebrew Material Here Rater Reads the Hobbit and Dracula
    Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    I have to ask how a ghost can work as an occult investigator. She'd need a false body to interact with people, so where would she have gotten it?
    Oh right, I forgot. thanks. aaaaaah hm. that is a good question indeed. and most false bodies are.....made by soul society. darn.

okay. this is going be weird: what if I made up an ability where she can assemble a false body from destroying and reconstructing it out of matter from around her in some reverse of the fullbring ability to manipulate the souls within matter, by allowing her to manipulate the matter rather than the soul, and it only functions as a basic gigai? or is that too powerful? she'd be unaware of the ability at first and it probably wouldn't be a casual thing to just do when low level. like it probably requires at least...an hour of meditation time to make a new one. something like that? maybe more?

alternatively I guess we could say she knows some mysterious spirit world black marketeer who found her one day and provided her a gigai but doesn't care about what she is or anything. perhaps working off the debt of providing her one?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-03-19 at 01:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #5

The black market one works better.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Edited her sheet to include the lended gigai and her backstory to do so. anything else you wish to discuss?
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2020-03-19 at 02:03 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7

Unless someone else comes by and is interested, the thing to discuss would be whether or not Sarah and Shiroihako start the game knowing each other or "meet" during the first episode.

Or if we want any other characters between us for a fuller ensemble.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

I mean the only other Bleach character idea I have is a conspiracy theorist type of guy who was once just a normal nerd but then started seeing hollows and shinigamis one day and is taking notes and trying to document it all to prove it to the world but doesn't actually know whats going on so he is half freaking out, half paranoid while he does this. but I don't know where to go with him from there other than being just this comedy character who is just a normal person finding out about this and trying to prove that he is not crazy. he wouldn't have any combat ability. so he might be a potential guy with lots of brainy skills and not much else?

as for meeting up vs. already know each other....I dunno, it might be funny for them to just meet up and for this knowledgeable untrusting girl to clash with someone who knows so little and is essentially blank yet trying to be a hero.

9. - Top - End - #9

Okay, well then if we're going to have them meet in-game then we need to talk about what they're doing when they meet in person.

The obvious thing to do is that Sarah just happens to role into town while Shiroi is looking for hollows, but do we wanna go with the obvious answer?

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

I don't see why not, we just need to modify that for there to actually be a hollow to pursue since if this is supposed to be episodic, then there has to a villain of the week to fight, and generic hollows can do that just fine- even at the weakest stages they seem unique with their own strange abilities that can serve for a short plot.

while trying too hard to not be obvious may lead to something contrived, and I don't have any ideas for alternate ways to meet up.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi. I saw this game advertised in the Media Discussions thread about Burn the Witch and revival of the Bleach anime. I came up with an ensemble of characters which could provide both a starting quest (or second quest, if you want to do the meet-up of your characters first) and a building blocks for a longer arc. I'll give you a short summary/outline now and write a fuller bio if you find my ideas interesting:

Dramatis personae:

"The Master" : A deeply scary sorcerer*) who one day just packed his spiritual bags and left for Soul Society, to infiltrate the Shinigami by becoming one. Left a modified soul (Kaizou Konpaku) to attend his body.

"The Changeling" : A rogue modified soul left in the body of spiritually absent sorceror for far longer than modified souls are usually used. Mostly content to pretend a normal person, but still willing to use its superhuman powers if something threatens its family. Ability-wise, think Kon + Nemufuri with a pinch of Twice (from Boku No Hero Academia.)

Susan "the Modified Human" : The Changeling's daughter, conceived and born after the Master departed and the Changeling occupied his body. Genetically, offspring of a deeply scary sorcerer; spiritually, half-human half-modified soul, inheriting modified version of the Changeling's power. Ability-wise, think Twice (from Boku no Hero Academia) + Ino Yamanaka (from Naruto) with a pinch of Nemufuri.

"Hobbes" : a stuffed tiger doll with a copy of the Changeling embedded in it. Carried around by Susan, helping her in her mischief. Think Kon plus, well, Hobbes (from Calvin & Hobbes).

Story ideas:

There are rumours going around in some school about how one creepy girl is psychic. This is based on the story of a bully claiming to having had an out-of-body experience, with some foreign entity continuing to act in their skin. As it ended, they heard a girl's voice telling them to behave. Now they and their friends are pooling together money to get some medium to investigate. The idea is for your characters to investigate and find out about Susan. Let's call this Episode 1.

This would obviously bring them in contact with the Changeling. Let's call this Episode 2. Whether he'd be a hero or would depend on how Sarah and Shiroihako deal with Susan.

This could, furthermore, give Sarah and Shiro knowledge about the Master. What to do about it would be Episode 3. Contact the Master to join him? Try to stop him? Rat about him to Shinigami? All is possible.

The Master is supposed to be a Greater Scope or Hero of Another Story (to use TV Tropes speech). Sarah and Shiro aren't supposed to meet him in person for a long time (maybe never), but he's in the background and his past actions throw a long shadow. Reading over Shiroihako's edited bio, I realize the Master could've been the mystery man to loan Shiro her gigai. In the really long run, he could either be Big Bad for Sarah and Shiro to triumph over, or Hero Antagonist sent to destroy them if Sarah turns back into Hollow etc. (Your characters seem somewhat anti-heroic so it could go either way.)

So, that's my pitch. Tell me what you think.

(* Not a technical term; spiritually, he could've been anything himself, the important part is that he could create or steal modified souls for his use.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

character ideas, story ideas and your organized, I like you already.

as for Shiroihako, I mean you can call her anti-heroic if you want but I just intend her to be amnesiac with no clue of what or who she is, slowly learning about the world around her, changing as more information is revealed to her about her true nature. she would probably be horrified once she finds out she is an arrancar and outright treat any suggestion that she is a hollow as ridiculous since she looks nothing like them. I don't really intend for her to be evil or bad. she is very much a blank slate that will get filled in and become more developed as she goes along, whether thats anti-heroic or not I don't know since the term is very muddled and could mean anything from outright heroes who are just better written than "living embodiment of heroism", to people who are only heroes in name only because they're the protagonist, so I don't put much meaning into it anymore. she is meant to be good, and thats what I will go for.

plot could work, as long Rater's intention for this to be largely episodic is held to I think. I don't have much better ideas, I was just going to come up with some minor hollow to be a problem and play things out however they go.

13. - Top - End - #13

Yeah, that works. If Shiroi is investigating a potential hostile psychic of possessor and Sarah just happens to be in the area so there's a brief misunderstanding if Shiroi thinks it's Sarah... Yeah, it could work.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Oops, somehow forgot the word "villain" two times from my previous post. Should've been "hero or a villain" and "greater scope villain or a hero of another story". Hopefully, you still got my meaning.

About anti-heroes, the way I see it, there's two major versions. But first, let's define a hero, shall we? A "hero" is someone who does great deeds while embodying virtues of their society. (For fiction, this society is usually the author's, because a fictional character is meant to be judged from a real-world perspective.) An "anti-hero" , then, is either someone who does great deeds but lacks virtue, or someone who has virtue but fails to act.

Using (early) Bleach itself as an example, Ichigo is sort of "anti-hero lite" in the former way, being a rowdy punk who is roped into being a Shinigami by external factors and refusing to do the job simply out of duty. (I say "lite", because he replaces duty with his own compassion and desire to protect, making him develop into a pretty straight hero not long after.) Meanwhile, Buakuya is an anti-hero in the latter way, being a model Shinigami but only managing to further Aizen's plans and speeding his sister towards an early death due to his conflicting loyalties.

As for how this applies to your characters: Sarah has potential for great deeds (spiritual powers) but lacks virtue (nihilism, trust issues caused by her tragic past) . Shiroihako does great deeds (slaying Hollows as an occult detective) but lacks virtue (because she does it out of a combination of not knowing better and needing the money.)

Both your characters could go any which way, of course, once the game starts. For example, Sarah might grow out of her trust issues and become a straight hero. Or she could go nuts and incubate back into a full Hollow, becoming a villain. Shiroihako could grow into her role as a detective, becoming a model citizen and protector of people. Or she could get roped into increasingly shady deeds in order to pay the bills. So on and so forth. Same applies to my characters. Not unlike the source material, where people jump all over the place. (Like nearly all of the Shinigami, who start as anti-heroes and antagonists and later become protagonists and sometimes heroes.)

15. - Top - End - #15

Nihilism is simply the state in which one believes, philosophically, that the world has no inherent meaning, right and wrong are subjective, and that the existence can be cruel.

"Nobody exists on purpose, nobody belongs anywhere, everybody’s gonna die… come watch TV?"

IT has nothing at all to do with whether or, not Sarah has any particular virtues.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

It does, in the sense that traditional heroes usually have a strong sense of purpose, belonging, sense of right and wrong (etc.) and philosophical nihilism rebukes much of that. Ie., from a classical perspective, not being a nihilist is itself a virtue. Hence, nihilism and cynicism are hallmark features of many modern anti-heroes.

This doesn't preclude Sarah from being virtuous (and thus heroic) in other ways, I'm just analyzing your characters in terms of literary tropes.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Titan in the Playground

Yeeaaaah, perhaps please lay off the analysis of other peoples characters before you even get to see them played? Rater can debate about this sort of thing forever (this is not the thread for that), and I just wanted to make a weak arrancar with a good enough reason to be a hero to fit the power level Rater wanted because neither of my previous two characters would've worked so amnesiac arrancar because they're so weak when they aren't normally so weak? perfect reason to be completely lazy and fill in this stuff later as she grows stronger. I really don't care if Shiroihako is hero or anti-hero by some literary defintion as long as she is a good person. there is more than tropes and archetypes to this, in my opinion.

so if we're all in agreement about the plot, I guess we can start whenever Vahnovai makes the character sheets they want to make. if you don't know how to do that, simply use this standard template (I just didn't use it because I was lazy):

Spoiler: Empty Character template
    Show

<Your Character's Name Here>
    Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Self-explanatory.
    Height: Centimeters and/or feet and inches.
    Weight: Kilograms and/or pounds.
    Species: What kind of creature your character is?
    Station: Your character's current lot in life.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What does your character look, feel, smell and sound like?

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    How does your character think? What drives him and what kind of a fellow is he?

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What has happened to your character before the game and made them who they are?

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    You can summarize and update here what has happened to your character during the game.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    What is your character good or bad at? What special things can he do or knows?

These could include anything from martial arts to ki blasts to magic and shapeshifting abilities.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

18. - Top - End - #18

If I'm to sum up Sarah's morality... Her favorite song is Sympathy for The Devil

Just as every cop is a criminal,
    And all the sinners, saints.
    As heads is tails just call me Lucifer,
    Cause I'm in need of some restraint.

So if you meet me, have some courtesy
    Have some sympathy and taste.
    Use all your well-eared politesse,
    Or I'll lay your soul to waste.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Um.
    Hello. Sups.
    May I join?
    I finally got my online ****e together more or less.
    So.

I have two ideas, from other bleach rp.
    One-
    A deserted Shinigami from Division Minus.
    What is Division Minus?

There is a border in The Soul Society that need to be protected from a certain foriegn force. (Which I can elobarte if you feel it is a relevant idea)
    And there is a station at the border, and no one want to go there.

So some Shinigamis sent there as punishment, or effective students of the academy with disicpline issues.
    Also in general criminal violent souls sent to serve in Division Minus
    They are the worst scum Gotei 13 can find.
    Beside doing nothing on the borders, bullying the near villages, they are also sent to hunt hollows in places there are too many minor ones for the Gotei to care.
    Like war zones of the past.
    Their Captian's nickname is "The Excutioner'. Who is holding the division with fear.
    My character was ok-ish student but annoyed some nobles and found himself there.
    He actually a coward, and during a mission managed to run away.
    He isn't a bad guy... and he want to be a true shinigami,but he is a coward.
    Also, sooner or later, Division Minus will find him, and they are ruthless
    Like, Kenpachi would have been consider normal guy there.

----
    Dokkaebi. (Aka a "korean goblin")
    An intresting concept I seen and learned from a K drama, that right away yelled at me "Bleach".
    Dokkeabi is a ghost of an item,which a blood of someone murdered was spilled on him.
    The item is the heart of this ghost, and they have powers, and there categories of them.
    Tricksters, vengful and more.
    If you will allow such concept, I have many ideas for this.
    Thanks for the OOTSkage of OOTS art, Lord Raziere.

------
    My previouse Avater

Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Whew! Writing four characters at once took longer than I anticipated. Some notes:

1) I'm still hazy on proper names for the Master and the Changeling. Tell me where you imagine this game starting, geographically speaking, and I'll name them based on that. Or just suggest a name, either is fine.
    2) I left most details on the Master vague purposefully. They won't matter for the beginning of the game and I can lock them down later based on what role we need him to play later. Suggestions are also welcome. Tell me if you want to see him in some specific position or have some specific powers later down the line.
    3) I don't have any ideas at the moment for what other powers Susan could develop or how her hollowfied clones would look like. Those are in the realm of "it could happen", but no idea if they will happen.

Spoiler: The Master
    Show

Name: Richard Thorne (anglicanized from Riku Törni)
    Height: Unknown, formerly 181 centimeters.
    Weight: Unknown
    Species: formerly human, should be Shinigami by now
    Station: Unknown, possibly member of Gotei.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    It is unkown how he looks like currently. He might look like the Changeling (below) or like his younger self from 16 years back.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He was a misanthrope and something of a recluse, before deciding to turn his life around. Torn between dreams of grandeur and a desire to just live a normal life, he chose to save his cake and eat it too via invocation of spiritual power. Other than his antisocial tendencies, he was driven studious and full of poorly repressed anger.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    He was always burdened by a deep desire to just be a normal guy, and increasing awareness that he really was not. As a small child, it was his intelligence that set him apart, making him favor company of adults to other children; in his teens, it was his ideals and interests; and when reaching adulthood, it was the fact that he literally had one foot in another world, possessing abilities no other living person in his knowledge had.

It was too much. He'd obediently gone to school, graduated, served in the military and got a job to check the boxes of the usual narrative, but none of it mattered next to the great spiritual secrets within his grasp. How could they matter?

Yet, leaving the human world with no chance of return, no word or explanation to people around him, felt too harsh. So, he decided to leave his body behind, and using his knowledge of Shinigami arts, he created a special modified soul to fill in for him while he was gone.

Then, he left for Soul Society. His last known plan was to infiltrate their ranks by enrolling in the Spirit Arts Academy. How well he succeeded, if he succeeded, is unknown to all in the human world, as he's not contacted anyone who knew him since. In the spirit world, he told no-one where he was from either, to safeguard the life he left behind. It may be that just like his Changeling has blended into human life, with no-one knowing the truth, he too has blended into spiritual life, with his new superiors none the wiser.

But if he is still alive, he will be plotting... biding his time...

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Maybe loaned a Gigai to Shiroihako? Who know? Was it him or someone else?

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soul Alchemy: he was an expert in creation of artificial souls and artificial bodies, also possessing the illegal info on creating modified souls (Kaizou Konpaku). He could also use this knowledge to improve spiritual and physical human bodies to some extent.

Dimensional Travel: he had some ability to infiltrate the Senkaimon network and pass into Soul Society unnoticed.

Immense Spiritual Potential: even with no-one to train him, he could learn about the Shinigami and steal some of their technology and forbidden arts. Certainly, he had the kind of power and intelligence desired by Gotei 13 in its officers. Whether he realized this potential and achieved a rank as a Shinigami is, as of now, unknown.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anything you can't fit to the brackets above, such as equipment or property your character owns.

Spoiler: The Changeling
    Show

Name: Richard Thorne
    Height: 181 cm (main human body)
    Weight: 85 kilograms (main human body)
    Species: Modified soul (Kaizou Konpaku)
    Station: Apparently a normal working class dad.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    A mildly muscular average-looking man nearing his fourties. Often wears worn clothes that would've been fashionable 20 years ago or so. Sports the thousand-year-stare of a man who hates his job and has a budding middle-life-crisis. Short brown hair, brown eyes, thin-rimmed eyeglasses.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Changeling was designed to be an obedient servant and a soldier in the service of his Master, ready to fullfill his every command. It is questionable how much thought was put into the scenario when one of those commands was essentially "live my life as well as you can" and the he was left on his own with no further instructions for years.

The Changeling more or less assumed memories and personality of his Master's former human identity and diverged from there. His attitude can mostly be summed up as "the world is crap, my work is crap, the people are crap, my wife is usually okay". He dotes on his daughter though.

He harbors a deep resentment towards Shinigami, out of faint recollection that they made his kind illegal. When watching sci-fi movies with machine revolutions, he always cheers for the robots. He acknowledgdes his feelings aren't very rational, considering he's never interacted with Shinigami to any significant degree.

He suffers from a suppressed version of impostor syndrome combined with an identity crisis. On one hand, he's aware that he's a placeholder for the "real" owner of his body. On the other, it's been close to 16 years, he changed jobs, got married, had a kid, so on and so forth, and he's not sure how much of that is just following his order and pretending to be normal, and how much is just being normal out of his own volition and desire to live a happy human life.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Changeling was crafted for the sole purpose of attending his Master's body while said Master's spirit is gone. His earliest authentic memories are of two months spent in a gigai while being introduced to the human and supernatural worlds by his Master. Then, his Master placed the Changeling in his body and departed.

It's been nearly 16 years. Far longer than an artificial or modified soul is usually meant to serve as a person's replacement.

Since then, the Changeling has done his best to adapt to normal human life, working in construction, holding judo lessons, etc.. In less than a year, he met a girl he thought his Master would've fancied. They got married and had a daughter soon after. His worries have been mostly mundane, juggling work and hobbies while trying to keep his wife happy and raising a kid. The exception to norm is his daughter's unexpected development of powerfull spiritual abilities. To keep her in check, he placed a copy of himself in a stuffed doll that's now in his daughter's possession. In general, he's keeping an eye on the spiritual plane, as he knows his daughter might draw forth unwanted attention.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Modsoul traits: the Changeling's real physical form is a Gikongan, an angry red pearl-shaped "candy" placed inside a human body. If removed, like all Gikongan, he technically has the power to exorcise any lingering spirits from a body he's placed in, taking it over. He could also take over any other inanimate object capable of housing him.

Soul Clones: having been so long inside a human body, the Changeling has managed to grow a number of copies of himself. These appear as light-blue Gikongan. They are normally stored inside his main human body and synchronized with his main core. However, they can be separated and placed individually into new bodies. Once placed, they are capable of independent action, being initially similar in personality and abilities (albeit weaker) and diverging from there. The rate for creating clones is roughly one per year. Currently, the Changeling has 14 copies, plus one that's already placed in a different body (Hobbes).

Host Memory Access: an ability meant to help an artificial soul impersonate whoever they're serving as a replacement for, the Changeling and his clones can read the memories of any human or animal body they're inhabiting. This ability is not automatic. Full memory and personality upload can take days of active effort and requires the body to have a reasonably intact brain.

Clone Memory Integration: a copy of the Changeling can be returned to his main body and made to share any new things it has learned. A minor glitch in the programning makes this ability usable on other modified and artificial souls as well, meaning any of them could serve as a system update for the Changeling. However, if the personality of the clone or new soul is too different, this will cause a system error and extended period of disorientation as the conflicting personalities fight it out to see who will control the body. The loser's Gikongan will be ejected.

Weaponized limbs: to combat Hollows, a modified soul is given some sort of superhuman ability. In case of the Changeling, his main ability is that his arms and leg are tougher than steel and possess considerable superhuman strength, capable of pulverizing stone and rivalling high-speed movement techniques (Shunpo, Sonido) in a sprint. His clones have the same ability, but weaker. This ability grows in strength over time.

Near-Immortality: the Changeling's Master didn't want anything bad happening to his body while he was gone. So, he improved its immune and regenerative abilities as far as he could. Furthermore, modified souls were originally meant to inhabit human corpses or artificial bodies. As such, as long as his Gikongan stay in place, the Changeling is not too picky about what condition his body is. Even severed limbs or head can be recovered from and reattached (though the latter especially is inconvenient). Poisons, drugs and diseases also have little effect.

Soul-to-Energy Conversion: as an emergency feature, the Changeling can turn parts of his soul directly into energy, similar to matter-antimatter-collision. Even insignificant-sounding fractions like 0.01% can provide tremendous split-second boosts to speed or power, or can be fired as energy blasts towards an enemy. Still, this ability should not be used rapidly in succession, as a soul takes a long time to recover from such abuse. Furthermore, backlash from the released energies can still injure rest of the body. A significant fraction of a soul (5% to 10%) will be equivalent to Sacrificial Hado like Ittou Kasou, both in destructive force and in permanently maiming the user.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Has a wife, a kid, a car, a house and mortgage.

Spoiler: "The Modified Human"
    Show

Name: Susan Thorne
    Height: 149 centimeters.
    Weight: 41 Kilograms
    Species: Genetically, human. Spiritually, half human, half modified soul.
    Station: A normal schoolgirl. (Yeah, right.)

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Thin, blonde girl who has just reached her teens and is growing towards her full size. Almost waist-length hair, hairstyle varies. Blue eyes, often sports a mischievous smile. Loves her stuffed doll tiger, Hobbes, and carries it around everywhere.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    One of those really annoying kids who thinks she's oh-so-special. Except, she sort of is, in the worst way. From the time she learned to read, she's loved the comic Calvin & Hobbes, and her powers allow her to make Calvin's imaginary adventure into reality, more or less. She's helpfull when she feels like it and nasty to those she dislikes. Has a soft spot for cute animals of all kinds, plus great many not-so-cute ones. (She loves snakes and lizards.) Even when it comes to cute animals (such as tigers), she loves them all the more if they grow to be something really big and dangerous (such as tigers). Loves sweets, strawberries and icecream. Perpetually curious, yet easily bored. Highly inventive but mostly in regards to crazy supernatural stunts instead of anything mundanely usefull.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Up to roughly 7 years of age, Susan was a normal kid, with no idea her dad was extranormal either. Then she started to see dead people. She took it in a stride and her dad didn't see a reason to panic either. Then she animated a bunch of monstrous snowmen with her Soul Clones and dad decided some panicking was in order. He gave her a stuffed tiger doll with a copy of him inside it, to teach hee about the spirit world and, ostensibly, to keep her from causing (or getting into) too much trouble. Of course, Susan named him "Hobbes" after her favorite comic, and now he's complicit in her mischief more often than not.

Since then, Susan went to school and found some slightly more constructive uses for her powers. Like cheating at exams, spying on other kids to learn juicy gossip and getting into movies she isn't supposed to see yet. (Horror movies are her favorite, they give her ideas.) Other kids are slowly starting to realize there's something off about her. Most noticeably, she possessed an older student to stop them from picking on a younger boy. This freaked them out, naturally, and now there are rumours going around that Susan's psychic. She doesn't mind. For one, she kind of is. For two, what are they going to do about it?

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Soul Clones: completely by accident, Susan's soul somehow inherited some of the Changeling's powers. One of these is creating copies of her spirit. However, since she is half human, her clones don't take the form of Gikongan. Instead, they come into existence as free-floating Pluses, immediately capable of independent action. Being ghosts, they can float, walk through walls in the human world and possess people and things. Susan beats her father in ability to produce clones by miles: Susan can create on clone per hour if she wishes to. However, her clones are really weak compared to her physical body, and grow weaker the more there are. 7 clones is her maximum for reasonably strong clones, "reasonably strong" meaning "doesn't die in a stiff breeze".

Possession: Just like Gikongan can exorcise spirits from their bodies and take them over, so, too, can Susan's clones. They can push out any spirit from a physical vessel and take its place. For people like Shinigami in their Gigai, this isn't a big deal, as the exorcised spirit is then free to do whatever. For normal humans with no other experience of the spirit world, it can be quite shocking, as they can mostly just watch while Susan's clone controls their body. Like modified souls, Susan's clones can also possess inanimate objects, such as dolls, corpses or snowmen, making them animate.

Mindreading: similar to a modified soul's Host Memory Access, Susan can read memories of a person she is possessing, provided their brain is still reasonably intact. It's not an automatic process and takes time and concentration, just as if the host was trying to remember things themselves.

Clone Memory Integration: similar to her father, Susan can reabsorb her clones, learning everything they have. However, if the clone has been independent too long and has diverged too much from her baseline, there will be an extended phase of disorientation as the souls reconcile themselves. In extreme cases, Susan can go into coma or suffer amnesia as a result of dissonant souls fighting it out.

Clone Hollowfication: less an ability and more an unfortunate consequence: Susan's clones are functionally Pluses. Like all Pluses, they are vulnerable to Soul Chain corrosion and turning into Hollows. Normally, the process takes too long for this to be an issue, but great physical or emotional trauma could speed up the process (for those clones that are strong enough to not be immediately destroyed).

Superhuman strength, speed and durability: Susan also inherited some of the physical enhancements of her father, as well as enhancements made by the Master to his physical body. Like her father's, her weaponized physique grows stronger with time, and by now Susan would be physically strong enough to fend off normal Hollows on her own.

Soul-to-Energy Conversion: like her father, Susan theoretically has this ability, but she doesn't know how to use it yet.

Immense Spiritual Potential: in addition to being spiritually half modified soul, genetically she's also the daughter of a deeply scary human sorcerer. So far, all of Susan's abilities have been versions of the Changeling's, but there's a chance she has latent powers from her human side which are yet to manifest. In technical terms, she has extremeky high spiritual power (Reiryoku) , but not much in the way of spiritual pressure (Reiatsu)... yet.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: "Hobbes the Tiger"
    Show

Name: Hobbes
    Height: 80 cm (stuffed doll) or 140 cm (tiger).
    Weight: 1,5 kilograms (stuffed doll) or 25 kilograms (tiger).
    Species: Modified Soul (Kaizou Konpaku)
    Station: Susan's toy and bodyguard.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Ordinarily, a large stuffed doll resembling a slightly anthropomorphized tiger, made to be a child's toy. If aroused, a slightly more realistic tiger the size of a lynx or human child.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Being an offshoot of the Changeling, Hobbes largely shares the same personality. He is, however, enjoying his stress-free existence as a toy way too much and is hence much more childish, often going along Susan's pranks or even causing mischief on his own. Usually can't be bothered to take things seriously, unless Susan's in danger... and school bullies and such mundane things don't count as "danger".

Loves tuna sandwiches.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hobbes is a copy of the Changeling, meant to safeguard Susan. He was created and placed inside a stuffed doll and given to Susan when she was 7 years old, when it became apparent she would develop spiritual powers of her own. Since then, he's been her favorite toy and best friend. Most of the time, Hobbes just sleeps, appearing to be an ordinary toy when Susan carries her around. Privately, he serves as her advisor and partner-in-crime.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nothing yet.

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Modsoul traits: Hobbes's real physical form is a Gikongan, a light-blue pearl-shaped "candy" sewn inside his stuffed doll body. If removed, like all Gikongan, he technically has the power to exorcise any lingering spirits from a body he's placed in, taking it over. He could also take over any other inanimate object capable of housing him.

Shapeshifter: Hobbes can alter shape and mass of his physical vessel to some degree, turning from (animate) stuffed doll into a more realistic feline. The latter form makes it considerably easier for him to move and speak, and is also invisible to humans without spiritual awareness.

Weaponized limbs: being a copy of the Changeling, Hobbes has similar super strength and durability, albeit less. Overall, he is about as dangerous as a real tiger, easily overpowering normal humans and capable of repelling weak Shinigami or Hollows.

Super durable: Hobbes's body is made of materials very light for their strength and being a stuffed doll, he doesn't have much in the way of vital organs. As such, he can survive tremendous abuse that'd surely kill any living creature. You could throw him off the roof of a skyscraper or run over him with a truck and he'd be fine. He is vulnerable to fire, though.

Defunct abilities: Soul Clones, Host Memory Access, Clone Memory Reintegration, Soul-to-Energy Conversion, Near-Immortality. Hobbes technically has these abilities, but he'd need a proper human body and practice to activate them.

Other information:
    Spoiler
    Show
    N/A.
    Last edited by Vahnavoi; 2020-03-24 at 08:24 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    Um.
    Hello. Sups.
    May I join?
    I finally got my online ****e together more or less.
    So.

I have two ideas, from other bleach rp.
    One-
    A deserted Shinigami from Division Minus.
    What is Division Minus?

There is a border in The Soul Society that need to be protected from a certain foriegn force. (Which I can elobarte if you feel it is a relevant idea)
    And there is a station at the border, and no one want to go there.

So some Shinigamis sent there as punishment, or effective students of the academy with disicpline issues.
    Also in general criminal violent souls sent to serve in Division Minus
    They are the worst scum Gotei 13 can find.
    Beside doing nothing on the borders, bullying the near villages, they are also sent to hunt hollows in places there are too many minor ones for the Gotei to care.
    Like war zones of the past.
    Their Captian's nickname is "The Excutioner'. Who is holding the division with fear.
    My character was ok-ish student but annoyed some nobles and found himself there.
    He actually a coward, and during a mission managed to run away.
    He isn't a bad guy... and he want to be a true shinigami,but he is a coward.
    Also, sooner or later, Division Minus will find him, and they are ruthless
    Like, Kenpachi would have been consider normal guy there.

----
    Dokkaebi. (Aka a "korean goblin")
    An intresting concept I seen and learned from a K drama, that right away yelled at me "Bleach".
    Dokkeabi is a ghost of an item,which a blood of someone murdered was spilled on him.
    The item is the heart of this ghost, and they have powers, and there categories of them.
    Tricksters, vengful and more.
    If you will allow such concept, I have many ideas for this.
    Division Minus seems a bit against the tone I want to go for and the Dokkaebi seems to be very similar to a Demihollow. Could you elaborate on it a little more?

@Vahnavoi: Sarah's American, so with the given name Susan for your modified human I'm thinking somewhere in suburban America works best.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

I gotten to the facist quincy arc... and cant remember demihollows..
    But anyway.

Well, It's stuff from korean mythology, which can sync quite easily with japanese to my opinion.

Anyway.

Normal hollows from what I remember, are ghosts of humans.

The idea of Dokaebi, that they are ghosts of an item, which the trauma kt witnessed gave it a soul.
    They have categories.
    There even dumb dokaebi, kind for stupid tragic accidents, for an example.
    Their memories, are the memories of the object, which may or may not connect to the human dieing over them.

There are vengul dokeabi, that are sort of parralel to hollows,but also trickster, which are the closest to be "good", punish some people, help some others.
    If this doesn't work I'l think of something else.

------
    My previouse Avater

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

well....first of all, Bleach setting isn't actually japanese mythology. everyone assumes that for some reason, but really Yomi has nothing to do with Seireitei or Hueco Mundo. Yomi is just your generic mythological underworld like Hades.

not even bleach's shinigami are like actual myth: the shinigami I'm finding have no resemblance to soul reapers of Bleach, and originally there wasn't any death god until western ideas came over. Quincy are clearly very western in their inspiration but specifics are hard to pin down. basically all the beings in Bleach only hold a thin if any resemblance to real myth and is basically its own setting. the most shinigami have any resemblance to real japanese belief aside from aesthetics and feudal government is the idea of their swords having souls inside them.

thing is, for your dokaebi idea, I could see other versions of reapers in other areas of the world making weapons other than katanas and having their own soul societies separate from the one we see and running it differently. like cowboys using six shooter pistols, or reapers who are a less scrupulous version of Charon and need to be paid to allow you into their capitalist afterlife full of underworld coins. but thats my own setting ideas to expand Bleach's universe because I like some of Bleach's ideas as battle manga but wish they could be expanded upon.

like bleach had this interesting thing where Quincies and Soul Reapers basically disagree over what to do with hollows, with the reapers treating them as souls to purify and reincarnate and Quincies treat them as demons to destroy and the only reason why reapers viewpoint is represented over quinicies is because the soul reapers killed all the Quincies in a straight up genocidal manner. but then we see the Shinigami way of doing things is an artificial imposition and the world wasn't always like this, and thus theoretically arbitrary in nature since its possible to revise reality with enough power as the Hogyoku and Ywhach demonstrates.

and really most of the ways souls are treated are in an artificial manner: shinigami aren't a thing by themselves, they're pluses with an invention of spiritual energy attached to them. Quincies are just humans with a certain type of spiritual training. the only real "natural" soul are normal pluses and hollows. and hollows themselves raise strange questions when they start to take off their mask and be people again as arrancar that aren't really examined. they are basically thousands of human souls eaten to form one monstrous being then made sapient again. can you hold someone accountable for something they did while not having sapient thought? are they really that person or someone new? don't they deserve the rights anyone else has?

so to me, there is a lot of possibility for different societies both plus and hollow that could form because it the societies already made are less power granted or inherited but more something artificially made for certain purposes- that what see doesn't have to all that there is, because someone could've invented different ways of doing something similar elsewhere.

so keeping all that in mind:
    the dokaebi sounds like could be some artificial soul experiment, Ichigo did show its possible to place an artificial soul inside a teddy bear after all. I dunno, what you do intend with this, igor? its an idea yes, but what direction would it go?

can't help with tone though, if its against tone, thats it, guess Rater just doesn't like that kind of darkness.

as for location, I don't really care since its supposed to be a traveling thing, so I just thought I'd be wherever its needed to start.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Ogre in the Playground

@Rater202: okay, I'll give my characters plausibly American names. I'll edit them in my last post once I come up with good ones.

@igordragonian: IIRC, "demihollow" is what the English translation's callsign for the Jibakurei / Earth-bound spirit. It refers to those Pluses who are bound to specific places by their Soul Chain after death, before they turn into proper Hollows. One was featured in Don Kanonji's introduction, Don Kanonji unwittingly sped up its process of becoming a Hollow.

The way I see it, that's a plausible explanation for a Dobbaeki. Basically, a Korean person who died and was attached to an item dear to them, and either is turning or has turned into a Hollow. "Hollow" is an idiosyncratic term, after all. A dead person with no prior knowledge of the spirit world likely wouldn't call themselves such, they'd call themselves something familiar. Didn't Ichigo just call Pluses "ghosts" too before he was given a lecture by Rukia?

25. - Top - End - #25

Yeah, the "Korean goblin" really sounds like the closest Bleach equivalent would be an Earthbound spirit tied to the weapon that killed them.

That's better as an antagonist or obstacle than as a PC.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Ok. Fair enough.
    Limits are actually helping my creativity.

Few more concepts-

Unaware/relucatnat quincy.
    The idea, is of a Quincy who doesn't want to be a quincy and maybe doesn't know s/he is one.
    Afraid of unnatural, but still part of it. The character will have to face his/her quincyhood during the story.

A dragon hybrid.
    By crazy shengians, this normal human got mixed with a dragon, and is hunt down by witches.
    A merciful witch, has sent him to the other side of the world, outside the normal juradiscation of Soul Society West.

Combat Medic who has returned from serving in the UN army, is haunted.
    He is going to therapies, but still see dead people. He is kind, and will help anyone in need.

Nekomate- a loyal cat, which it's soul ascended to spirithood.
    It remained by it's last owner ghost until, a Shinigami released it.
    Now alone and bored... what a two tailed spirit can do? (Japanese folklore. Yep)

A fake shaman/miko, making easy of naive elderly by selling talismans s/he picked. Unkownigly, thosw talismans are actually effective, but not the way the shaman say it is.
    (The archetype of Mark Satan, Ussop of One Piecs or King from One Punch Man. You know the type)

------
    My previouse Avater

27. - Top - End - #27

The "Dragon Hybrid" one works best.

In Bur the Witch, someone who spends a lot of time around dragons and gets bitten by a dragon is called a "Haunted One" and is classified as a type of dragon, with all that that entails(IE, they're considered property of Wingbind, not a person.)

Someone fleeing from that is a perfectly acceptable character.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Oh. I have reread this chapter.

I am thinking now of twin brother and sister.
    The brother is a "weredragon" as the translation I have read called it, and his sister is a black dragon using his sister's corpse.
    Both are running away.
    Is it acceptable?

------
    My previouse Avater

29. - Top - End - #29

Not so much the sister for lore reasons, but I'll reserve judgment till I see a profile.

Show
    Meteor
    You are a meteor
    Falling star
    You soar your
    Way down the air
    To the floor
    Where my other
    Rocks
    Are.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: Balthazar Barham

Height: average for a white british boy.
    Weight: heavier then he would like, but not terribly.
    Species: Dragon Haunted human
    Station: Teen Runaway and an aspiring writer, and a very slow web comic writer.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Balthazar is average minus kind of guy. Bright skinned, freckled with green almost feline eyes. Thick rimmed square glasses, giving him a slightly hipster look, with his sweater and jeans.
    Almost always seen with his note.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Balthazar is an anxiouse person, filled with fears, which his imaganation enhance. Like his parents he feel misunderstood, by "normal" society and connect easier to the quirky and the diffrent.
    His writing focused on the meetings and conflicts of the diffrent and it's conflicts with the normal.
    Despite his anxieties, his curiosity can lead him to his doom, as it already has happened once, or maybe because of them?
    Not knowing can drive his anxieties to hyper mode.
    He is naive and a bit dense. His art is quite sucky Harry Potter knock off web comic, about dragon anthros, the few who read it , mocking it and enjoy it ironicly. But lately as real stuff in his life started to happen, his comic became more inspired.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

Balthazar didn't had much hope for a normal life to begin with. His parents were pair of .. altenative. Everything they did, was to try and be diffrent.
    At least it wasn't boring, but there were nothing stable in life, friendship was almost impossible- he was inverted boy as it was, but, how could he devolp relationship with other children, if next week, his parents have decided to make a half year trek in Peru?
    Wierd and random people were constant guests, and some of them were downright scary.
    His sister Beatrix was the only one who gave him feel of safety.
    Wild and strange life, were almost all he known, so when few years ago, his family joined a cult, it felt natural.
    "The Dragon Feast" they were called?
    First his father, and then his mother... became so wierd. Even for themselves. As if responding to his anxieties, and becoming down right creepy.
    Like. They started to bite him sometimes, and say he is sweet and tasty.
    And then, when witches(?!) Have apeared, they have exposed themselves as dark monstrouse dragons who were hunted down by the witches, and Beatrix ran away.
    Now, the witches said, he himself a "weredragon", and that now he will live in "Reverse London".
    He just asked for one thing. To look for Beatrix. The kind witch who has killed his parents agreed.
    Together, they did find her- and with a surprise attack, Beatrix has killed the witch.
    As another horrifying scene, Beatrix has exposed herself as a black dragom as well, devouring the witch.
    "We need to go." Lost and confused, Balthazar ran with Beatrix, who took what ever left of their parents's money, and flew to the side of the world.
    She postponing the explanations with more and more excuses.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragon Sight- Balthazar can see dragons and other unnatural things.

Half Dragon form- Balthazar don't know it yet, but he will face great danger, his body will react and change to defend itself. Probably claws and a powerful spiked tail

Spoiler
    Show
    Name: "Beatrix Barham"
    Height: As human, average for a girl. As a dragon, probably 3 meters.
    Weight: as a girl, a bit overweight.
    Species: disguiser dragon
    Station: Teen Runaway and an aspiring cartoonist, who is actually a dragon who is hungry for power.

Description:
    Spoiler
    Show

As a girl,she is bright skinned and freckled and has short red hair, her gree eyes are almost feline. She has hungry smile, a bit overweight, wearing lazy T and tights or jump suite pants.

Personality:
    Spoiler
    Show

As a dragon, Beatrix's motivation are simple. Eat. Grow stronger. She has accomplished her desire of eating a witch, and now want to explore the new power.
    She won't admit it to herself, but the act of the loving sister, isn't completly fake. So... Beatrix is a glutton, a teaser and a strong headed, who won't let anyone stomp on her,or who "belong" to her, like her brother.
    Nothing beneath her, to get what she want.
    Also... she is an artist, which actually also as a disguiser dragon it works.
    She make the art for Balthazar's comic.

History:
    Spoiler
    Show

What Balthazar couldn't imagine, that the Dragon Feast Cult, was a trap for a too curiouse humans, just like his parents, set by disguiser dragons.
    One by one, they have stolen the bodies of the Barham family, and first without a personality of her own, she took the corpse of Beatrix.
    She has learned to enjoy the human cravings of her body, and the game.
    The new Beatrix learned she enjoy her life, but she was worried it might end, so she wished to eat a witch.

But when they were hunted by the witches, she ran away, feeling a tingle of guilt over Balthazar, but when he led the witch to her... she felt thankful.
    Now, she can just learn her powers and enjoy this life.

Story So Far:
    Spoiler
    Show

Abilities:
    Spoiler
    Show

Dragon Sight- Beatrix can see dragons and other unnatural things.

True form- inside of Beatrix body, lay a serpentine terrifying body of a dragon, which is flexible and can bite and claw quite efficently.

Emotional Absorbtion- as a dragon she is sensitive to emotions around her, and she feel and absorb them.

Immortality(?)- she isn't sure of the rammifications of eating a witch, but she believe, that if she will be killed she will automaticly revived, but she isn't sure. She does feel, that she can withstand much more physical strain .

------
    My previouse Avater