New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Am I the only person that would have taken a Summon Ticket instead of the wardrobe token for a servant I'm likely to never see?
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

2. - Top - End - #392
    Troll in the Playground

Ehn, either way it's something that is probably not going to be valuable. I kind of like getting a weird cosmetic reward I'll probably never use, especially given how much stuff we've gotten over the past two weeks.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Noventa View Post
    Am I the only person that would have taken a Summon Ticket instead of the wardrobe token for a servant I'm likely to never see?
    Well, sure, but I won't begrudge that it happened. It's obviously a way to encourage people to spend money on quartz to roll for Arthur.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Bugbear in the Playground

I'm unlikely to ever pull for him directly, but the completionist in me would never live it down if I did get Arthur on the GSSR or something and I had missed out on his wardrobe. I like having the outfit just in case.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ogre in the Playground

I DO have him and I would have taken a Summon Ticket over the wardrobe key if we were given a choice. That said, I'm not unhappy to have it by any means, especially since the ticket would likely have just gotten me another crummy 3* CE anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

6. - Top - End - #396
    Troll in the Playground

I just wish you didn't need to use mats to unlock the alternate skins.

I mean, I already spent the thousand Mana Prisms - or completed whatever other conditions attached to them - having more on top of that is a bit harsh. Especially as they tend to demand the rarer mats.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Troll in the Playground

That I absolutely agree with.

I'm still kind of steamed that I picked up the alternate Prison Warden costume for Mebd, gleefully preparing for a cool warden jacket, and discovered that it was still just her in her underwear, but now she has a hat.
    If you like my thoughts, you'll love my writing. Visit me at www.mishahandman.com.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Friv View Post
    That I absolutely agree with.

I'm still kind of steamed that I picked up the alternate Prison Warden costume for Mebd, gleefully preparing for a cool warden jacket, and discovered that it was still just her in her underwear, but now she has a hat.
    It is a nice hat.

Though, really... I'm surprised such skins aren't more of a thing. Like these...

Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: They made Lu Bu into a Mobile Suit, it's wonderful.
    Show

I suppose they largely replaced the idea with seasonal alternatives to well-loved Servants in FGO -- Swimsuits especially. Still, the skin economy is definitely real as a business model and many a player would be supremely invested in getting a Costume Dress for their favourite Servant who've they've painstakingly sought after and levelled, but DW only very occasionally dips their toe into the whole concept with a fraction of their Servants.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

How have people been handling the event re-run? Painful memories from the poorly thought-up nodes?

Personally I've almost finished emptying the transistor shop. Soon I'll be moving to the next currency.

Furthermore, while rolling for event CEs, I somehow managed to pull MHX. It was very surprising.

10. - Top - End - #400
    Dwarf in the Playground

I've been playing less intensely than most events, since I already have Saber Lily, and don't really feel like rolling for MHX after my Chaldea Boys rolls. (Got a second Munenori from that.)
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Troll in the Playground

I'm not rolling for anything, I've set my definitive foot down definitively to not shed a single ticket or SQ until we reach the summer after my last regret-filled summoning splurge. I mean, I got some good stuff out of those spins, but I still feel the pangs of regret on a deep spiritual level in my inability to restrain myself.

Still, this event has three things going for it:

1. I get Lily back. She was the first Servant I had on my previous now-lost account, as they were just giving her away when I logged in. While she wasn't really that great meta-wise then or now, she is adorable and that's what matters.

2. There's a lot of SQ. I mean, in most recent events you might get around 5 SQ if you're lucky. This one's already given me around 12 and more are coming each day. Though I've noticed the lack of summon tickets, which the more modern events seem to favour. Presumably to push you immediately into gambling on Event CEs and Servants.

3. I need some of those mats, especially the Phoenix Plumes -- which I've cleared out along with the dragon scales. The drops from nodes haven't been too bad either, lot of Eternal Gears.

Otherwise, it does feel pretty dated as events go.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Firbolg in the Playground

It has a mission with Horseshoes as a drop! Horseshoes have been a bottleneck for a while now. Also a 4star saber is good to have, particulary with animation i like as i have Suzaka already and like her character but not the battle animations (important lessons were learned in the free choice ticket servant, i didn't test the one i chose before i found out that they didn't suit me)
    Last edited by Leon; 2020-03-17 at 07:37 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

This isn't a rerun for me, so I'm enjoying it well enough. My Merlin/Arthur/Fran team has been able to handle pretty much everything in this event so far, though I sub in Jalter for the Planet node where there's a Ruler.

However, since I have none of the gacha CE's for this event, farming is going slowly. Also I have zero interest in MHX so I'm not rolling on this banner and therefore not going to be getting any of those CE's.

Good thing my job closed up for a couple weeks and I have all the time to play I could possibly want, I guess.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    It has a mission with Horseshoes as a drop! Horseshoes have been a bottleneck for a while now. Also a 4star saber is good to have, particulary with animation i like as i have Suzaka already and like her character but not the battle animations (important lessons were learned in the free choice ticket servant, i didn't test the one i chose before i found out that they didn't suit me)
    They're going to update Lily's animations at some point too. Her NP is quite nice in the redux, looks more like it was intended to with that deceptively-thin-laser-leads-into-multiple-explosions look that's common in anime.

Though that's going to be late 2021, sadly.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Firbolg in the Playground

Nice, i love what they did for Merlins animations
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

16. - Top - End - #406
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    This isn't a rerun for me, so I'm enjoying it well enough. My Merlin/Arthur/Fran team has been able to handle pretty much everything in this event so far, though I sub in Jalter for the Planet node where there's a Ruler.

However, since I have none of the gacha CE's for this event, farming is going slowly. Also I have zero interest in MHX so I'm not rolling on this banner and therefore not going to be getting any of those CE's.

Good thing my job closed up for a couple weeks and I have all the time to play I could possibly want, I guess.
    Even with event CEs, this event is slow. Admittedly, the only drop-improving CE I have is the one for transistors, but yeah, the farming is slow going. And unlike more recent events, which have very appealing mat shops, this one does little to draw my attention. So not only is the farming slow, it's unenthusiastic.

I basically slapped together a team of Sabers, plus Heracles because obviously (although I sub him out for another Saber for the daily special), put the damage boost CE on Lily in front and the Guts CE on Heracles, and just sit back and farm the Ruler node for transistors. Because I really don't much need the other mats. And despite Rulers having defensive advantage, a level 80 Lily with an MLB CE can more or less wreck Jeanne with an NP chain and Buster steroid. I almost don't need Herc for it. Almost.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

17. - Top - End - #407
    Troll in the Playground

Basically the only thing I care about is Altrium, and frustratingly the Altrium drop amounts scale up as you go after rare materials, so I'm just farming Scathach and occasionally sighing. I've dropped my Altrium farm rate by 10% in exchange for one more party damage booster, and it's doing alright. Looking forward to getting enough to MLB that.

18. - Top - End - #408
    Troll in the Playground

Went to try the new challenge quest, and saw it was basically 'Spend SQ to win' and noped right out of there.
    "And if you don't, the consequences will be dire!"
    "What? They'll have three extra hit dice and a rend attack?"

Factotum Variants!

19. - Top - End - #409
    Troll in the Playground

Went to try the new challenge quest, and saw it was basically 'Spend SQ to win' and noped right out of there.
    Managed pretty okay with a balanced team and three command seals, but I've been playing for a while. My lineup was: Altria Lily, Altera, Mash, Cu Chulainn (grailed to 80) and my lucky Merlin, with a friend's MHX rounding out the list. When the fight opened up, I focus-fired Nezha, blew up Rama, used invincibility to survive Billy, then Altria got killed and Cu hopped in to start stabbing archers. Drake killed Merlin, at which point Mash arrived to provide backup; that kept Altera alive long enough to kill Drake, before she got dropped. In the end, I was down to Cu Chulainn vs Nitocris, and I got Nitocris down to half HP before Cu died and I needed to command seal my way to victory.

Basically, if you haven't spend SQ, but you've been playing for a while, this challenge quest is winnable with one or two 5*s and a decent chunk of this event's damage-boosting CEs. You can probably pull it off!

20. - Top - End - #410
    Troll in the Playground

I thought the Challenge Quest was remarkably easy, and this is coming from someone that casually blew Command Seals for the last two events (I mean, why not? I'm only going to be safely farming for the next few days anyways might as well get that Lore now).

I just used my Mash and Artoria with a Friend's Merlin (with a MLB Star of Altria). With as many damage-up CEs in place as my party could fit, even against the Archers my Artoria's NP could almost one-shot them. I just focused-fired on the non-Archers until the NP gauges filled up and annihilated them all while Merlin, Mash, and my Atlas Uniform provided protection from all the enemy NPs.

Somewhat ironically, I immediately fell against MHX in her node after clearing the CQ. Believing I could beat it with the same all-Saber line-up from Scathach's given my pretty high damage output. Though, I think Sanzang at 300% power could probably beat it fairly quickly if I swapped her into Altera's spot.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2020-03-18 at 05:21 PM.

21. - Top - End - #411
    Troll in the Playground

Honestly this is one of the tamer challenge quests I've seen in a while. There are barely any buffs and the HP scaling only really counters the damage bonus from CEs and there aren't any break bars and very few buffs , though for people having trouble I would wait till you have a lot of the party damage buff CE from the atrium rewards. Also it definitely favors veterans of the event due to the damage CEs.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

22. - Top - End - #412
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

The event has been grindy, but uneventful mostly, besides bringing a full saber team to fight Tesla once, and never again. Had to burn my Seals on him. Barely scraped out a win vs MHZ's Altrium farm, brought Sheba with the MLB 200% attack CE, but she died to the Dragon. The challenge quest was:

Spoiler: Who let the Hound out?
    Show
    Uneventful. Waver with MLB Star of Altria rounded out the Support. George and Leonidas did exactly what they are known for, and Cu just Rip and Teared his way through the waves. Tense moment at the end, where it all came down to him living the Death from Nitocris, but it didn't happen. Had my Seals ready, thinking I had misplayed a few turns back, but Cu toughed it out, and lived the Drowning Room that took out Mash, leaving him with a very easy Buster Brave Chain to remove the last foe.

Now its just mindless grinding. I still need 2 more Lilys to finish her NP upgrades, as well as several items from the shop I need a restock on after a bunch of skill upgrades. Completely missed her the first event, as I had barely started by the time the event first ran. Had a very bad phone with too little RAM, and the thing would crash the game mid battle every time I did a quest. My roster was small, low leveled, and grinding was hard. Now though I am stacked in Sabers, mostly 4 Stars, so this is the only time I can get Lily for a few years.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm trying to farm Hearts of the Foreign God because I need them for several things (getting Merlin's Illusion skill to 9, final ascension for Karna, final ascension for Emiya), and I didn't get the chance to farm them last time they were available in an event. I've gotten enough to do Merlin's skill, and I'm honestly sick of this event.

I've read that Hearts will be available in the event shop for the Sanzang rerun coming up next month. Is that true? If so, I might stop farming soon.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I'm trying to farm Hearts of the Foreign God because I need them for several things (getting Merlin's Illusion skill to 9, final ascension for Karna, final ascension for Emiya), and I didn't get the chance to farm them last time they were available in an event. I've gotten enough to do Merlin's skill, and I'm honestly sick of this event.

I've read that Hearts will be available in the event shop for the Sanzang rerun coming up next month. Is that true? If so, I might stop farming soon.
    According to the wiki, there are a total of 10 Hearts in the Journey to the West event shop. There's also a node there with possible Heart drops, though I don't know if it's efficient to grind or not.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post
    According to the wiki, there are a total of 10 Hearts in the Journey to the West event shop. There's also a node there with possible Heart drops, though I don't know if it's efficient to grind or not.
    Most high level event nodes have extremely efficient mat drops.

Far more than anything you could otherwise get in normal circumstances anyway.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Troll in the Playground

So, a question. With this evening's quest I got the 2 million Altrium event points and cleared the reward list. From here on will I be able to sell any excess Altrium I get for QP when the event ends?

27. - Top - End - #417
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

So, a question. With this evening's quest I got the 2 million Altrium event points and cleared the reward list. From here on will I be able to sell any excess Altrium I get for QP when the event ends?
    No, because Altrium isn't a resource, it's a counter. There's nothing more than the ladder you can use it with.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Troll in the Playground

Oh well. I can remove most of the Sabers from my line-up now. Not that there's that much time to go anyways, but I can grind more bond for my Casters who are all reasonably close to levelling from Salem.

I had thought I remembered that at the end of the Valentine's event the chocolate could be converted into QP, and this one being obviously similar conceptually...but I guess not.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Oh well. I can remove most of the Sabers from my line-up now. Not that there's that much time to go anyways, but I can grind more bond for my Casters who are all reasonably close to levelling from Salem.

I had thought I remembered that at the end of the Valentine's event the chocolate could be converted into QP, and this one being obviously similar conceptually...but I guess not.
    Valentine had chocolate blocks and cocoa beans. One of them was the ladder, the other was used to buy stuff.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Pixie in the Playground

Daemon

This event was pretty boring all things considered. I could reliably farm altrium with a full saber team and do a couple of transistors runs with Kiara smashing Jeanne into paste. I'm thankful that the challenge quest was easy, i just brute-forced it with Waver, Chacha and a timely intervention from Chloe. But MHX's antics are always funny and i still had to get Seiba Lily, so it's okay.