New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262742 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #481
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Fate/Grand Order IV - Are you my Master? [Rerun - Lite]

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    A new part of the story was released in Japan. If you don't want spoilers, make sure to stay away from websites where those abound.
    Yeah, most groups are very spoiler-heavy on those topics, even if you aren't actively looking for info.

In other news, I finally got enough time to play through Salem, so I'll give it a good go, before going for Lostbelt 1~
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

2. - Top - End - #482
    Troll in the Playground

I'm about 80% un-spoiled myself, other than seeing the new Servants as they're released - which is almost impossible to miss if you look at anything FGO-related on Youtube - I can honestly say I've no real idea of what the story's going to be for the next two years.

I mean, we're basically playing Megaman now, with Crypters in place of Robot Masters. I don't think I need to know much more than that.

Anyways, speaking of the LB5 part-2 release, I want the new 5-star Saber. I have no idea what my existence will be like in 2 years admittedly, but I'll try to remember to save SQ after New Years 2022 at any rate.

3. - Top - End - #483
    Bugbear in the Playground

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    The friend system annoys me greatly sometimes. Doing some missions and using a friends servant and then they drop off the list and refresh after refresh they don't come back, cycle through the other servant classes just in case (its worked before) and still nothing. I have quite a few friends now but there are two who's selection of servants i like the most and they are the ones who most often just vanish.
    i got up to near the max number of friends before and had to prune that number down to only 15 in order to get the people whose servants i want the most to show up regularly.

4. - Top - End - #484
    Ogre in the Playground

They seriously need to implement some kind of "top friends" feature where you can select a certain number of friends to always be available.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

5. - Top - End - #485

I'd just settle for the ability to remember the last used friend. If I wanted the guy with an MLB event CE the last half dozen times I farmed a mission, I probably want him this time too.
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

6. - Top - End - #486
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    I'd just settle for the ability to remember the last used friend. If I wanted the guy with an MLB event CE the last half dozen times I farmed a mission, I probably want him this time too.
    Yeah. Even outside of event bonuses, it would be nice if I didn't have to refresh multiple times to get a suitable servant for QP farming.
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

7. - Top - End - #487
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Just so y'all know, they will eventually add a system of favorites that will record... Three people, I think, to be on top of your support list all the time. Those people do not actually have to be on your friend list either.

8. - Top - End - #488
    Barbarian in the Playground

NecromancerGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Resileaf View Post
    Just so y'all know, they will eventually add a system of favorites that will record... Three people, I think, to be on top of your support list all the time. Those people do not actually have to be on your friend list either.
    And given its a QoL/UI update, we might even get it earlier then normal.

In event news, I am using the story bits to fish for all the dialog that makes Senzang blush, cause oh goodness shes cute. I also spared a single 10 roll for the gacha, and that was a weirdness. On one card there was a lag spike, then a silver Caster popped out. It then crackled, and my heart rose for Monk, but it was not to be. Got my second Waver. NP 2 is meh, was really hoping for Senzang.

Event seems super grindy, but as I completely missed it the first time due to being in the middle of moving with no internet, I am sticking with it. Also there's a number of shop items I NEED, like Proofs. Was floating 200 of them this time last year, then am now completely out of them.

9. - Top - End - #489
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    And given its a QoL/UI update, we might even get it earlier then normal.

In event news, I am using the story bits to fish for all the dialog that makes Senzang blush, cause oh goodness shes cute. I also spared a single 10 roll for the gacha, and that was a weirdness. On one card there was a lag spike, then a silver Caster popped out. It then crackled, and my heart rose for Monk, but it was not to be. Got my second Waver. NP 2 is meh, was really hoping for Senzang.

Event seems super grindy, but as I completely missed it the first time due to being in the middle of moving with no internet, I am sticking with it. Also there's a number of shop items I NEED, like Proofs. Was floating 200 of them this time last year, then am now completely out of them.
    I've noticed that the game seems to lag a lot before doing any of the three special animations for summoning. The gold or rainbow particles for the spin and the silver to gold transformation. Sometimes I've seen it lag a little randomly during summonings but it's usually worse for those animations.

Good news about this lite rerun. This one is super super less grindy than the original. The three basic currencies still take a bit of grind but the post story currency is super buffed from the original run.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

10. - Top - End - #490
    Ogre in the Playground

I threw a few tickets at the gacha in case Waver or NP2 Sanzang wanted to pop out. Instead, the game trolled me with NP3 Wu and NP2 Stheno. I'd like to get Waver, but not enough to go in hard for him right now. I'll save my SQ for something else I need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Saambell View Post
    Are there events that aren't super grindy in this game?

I'm with you on the materials, though. I've had a lot of servants needing the same few things lately. I need 90 Proof of Heroes just for Herc alone, then there are half a dozen others lined up behind him waiting for more. Likewise need more Eternal Gears, Hearts, Lanugos, and other stuff.

11. - Top - End - #491
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryon View Post
    I threw a few tickets at the gacha in case Waver or NP2 Sanzang wanted to pop out. Instead, the game trolled me with NP3 Wu and NP2 Stheno. I'd like to get Waver, but not enough to go in hard for him right now. I'll save my SQ for something else I need more.

Are there events that aren't super grindy in this game?

I'm with you on the materials, though. I've had a lot of servants needing the same few things lately. I need 90 Proof of Heroes just for Herc alone, then there are half a dozen others lined up behind him waiting for more. Likewise need more Eternal Gears, Hearts, Lanugos, and other stuff.
    prison tower wasn't super grindy. but that's probably close to it.

Extended signature (Includes Giantitp regulars as... links, avatar showcase, homebrew, and other stuff.)
    Current avatar by me

12. - Top - End - #492
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

So I did waht will probably be the last 10x roll on the Ivan banner.

I got...

Emiya(assassin)
    Salieri
    and.....

Orion.

Not really what I wanted, but I guess I can accept Salieri.
    Quote Originally Posted by BRC View Post
    teleporting Hyper Nixon solves problems with Patriotism.

13. - Top - End - #493
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Leecros View Post
    So I did waht will probably be the last 10x roll on the Ivan banner.

I got...

Emiya(assassin)
    Salieri
    and.....

Orion.

Not really what I wanted, but I guess I can accept Salieri.
    That's a pretty solid 10 roll, I just got one Salieri in 12 SQ and 5 tickets, and nothing else of value. I'm waiting for the next lostbelt to roll for certain chinese female lancer, and of course, the summer banner (going wild for that foreigner).

Huh, for not playing that much the last couple of months, SQ sure stack easily, I'm around the 315 mark between login bonuses and SQ fragments, and considering I got SQ Bankrupt in Eresh-chan's banner, it's pretty good (although I should have gotten more if I played more frequently, and haven't finished all the story/free quests up to this point from Lostbelt, so that's a plus.)

Spoiler: Not really a spoiler but kinda
    Show
    By the way, on 3rd anniversary, JP server got around 100 SQ between a retweet campaign and as a bonus on missions by clearing the Epic of Remnant arc (similar to the missions to clear the whole Arc 1), and a renewal on total bonuses, which used to grant 20 SQ per 50 days, and it will change to 30 SQ per 50 days, so a total between 10 and 200 SQ should be granted, depending on total logins of course. Also there was a login bonus up to 10 days for 10 Summoning Tickets, so I hope Clairvoyance EX returns and we get that generous (though rare) bunch of gifts.
    Check out which is the Playground's favorite Dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ursus the Grim View Post
    "Narass, what's the scouter say about their power level?"

"**** if I know."
    >> My Extended Signature <<

Hey guys, I'm a vestige! And a spell!

Awesome avatar by Cuthalion.

14. - Top - End - #494
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't remember doing much with this event last time, but since I get bonus drops for two servants I like and already have leveled, I'm probably going to grind for skill gems.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

15. - Top - End - #495

RedWizardGuy

I'm grinding my way thru the journey to the west, when the game orders a data update on me. It forces a restart on the mission. Except the mission I'm on requires 250 merit talismans. And it ate my God dang talismans... I have to grind them again. Is this a real bug?

16. - Top - End - #496
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by HMS Invincible View Post
    I'm grinding my way thru the journey to the west, when the game orders a data update on me. It forces a restart on the mission. Except the mission I'm on requires 250 merit talismans. And it ate my God dang talismans... I have to grind them again. Is this a real bug?
    Maybe, normally when that kind of thing happens it ask you on the start up screen if you want to continue the fight and choosing no loses you your so or whatever was used.

Also it seems no one on my friends list with an mlb divine princess has it on thier saber or rider. This is most unfortunate, especially since I don't have at sabers with good no gain.
    Last edited by NeoPhoenix0; 2020-04-13 at 04:29 PM.

Current avatar by me

17. - Top - End - #497
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhoenix0 View Post
    Maybe, normally when that kind of thing happens it ask you on the start up screen if you want to continue the fight and choosing no loses you your so or whatever was used.

Also it seems no one on my friends list with an mlb divine princess has it on thier saber or rider. This is most unfortunate, especially since I don't have at sabers with good no gain.
    I have an MLB Divine princess on my Saber, Arthur specifically. Friend code is 761 813 581.
    Last edited by TherianTheorist; 2020-04-14 at 11:33 AM.
    "Life before death, Strength before weakness, Journey before destination."

Baking werewolf by Diremage
    Spoiler: Oddly true
    Show
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Beastly Squall avatar by linklele. Awesome Protean avatar by Serpentine.

18. - Top - End - #498

Ok, the individual missions aren't that bad, but was it entirely necessary to have a 40 AP mission that provides about 100 talismans, which lets you run ANOTHER mission to actually farm currency?
    When in doubt, light something on fire.

19. - Top - End - #499
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
    Ok, the individual missions aren't that bad, but was it entirely necessary to have a 40 AP mission that provides about 100 talismans, which lets you run ANOTHER mission to actually farm currency?
    It's to force you to balance your time between talisman missions and orb missions.

20. - Top - End - #500
    Troll in the Playground

I really don't mind the structure for this event because it doubles the opportunity for drops, which have been reasonably common thus far. Also, I really don't have anything specific I need to do that doubling my time farming time is much of an issue.

Especially beneficial for me as the Serpent Jewels are what I'd be grinding for anyways when I get to raising Jalter's skills, and the other mats are definitely good to have too.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2020-04-14 at 08:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #501
    Titan in the Playground

I'll be honest, I appreciate what the event was trying to do with its tiered farming, I just don't particularly enjoy it. Maximizing drops of orbs or talismans requires particular party compositions (or a heck of a lot of gold apples), but using those parties results in some fairly unforgiving fights. Sure, that ramps up the challenge, but not in a way that's tactical, just in a way that's grindy. And while I appreciate that going to the talisman or orb levels doesn't cost stamina, I don't appreciate that if I fail or withdraw, I lose those talismans or orbs anyway, and have to farm them all over again. At least if I withdraw from a level that costs stamina, I can chug an apple and try again; here, I have to go back to grinding. It's incredibly frustrating.

Not the worst event, I'll grant you. But this particular grind seems a lot more unforgiving than some others.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

22. - Top - End - #502
    Ogre in the Playground

I really hate the way this event makes us farm for currency in order to participate in farming the stage that actually has meaningful quantities of the shop currency. Stupid design.
    It's a good thing the shop has a ton of things I need, otherwise I'd be struggling for motivation to do the event at all once I finished the story.

23. - Top - End - #503
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Red Fel View Post
    I'll be honest, I appreciate what the event was trying to do with its tiered farming, I just don't particularly enjoy it. Maximizing drops of orbs or talismans requires particular party compositions (or a heck of a lot of gold apples), but using those parties results in some fairly unforgiving fights. Sure, that ramps up the challenge, but not in a way that's tactical, just in a way that's grindy. And while I appreciate that going to the talisman or orb levels doesn't cost stamina, I don't appreciate that if I fail or withdraw, I lose those talismans or orbs anyway, and have to farm them all over again. At least if I withdraw from a level that costs stamina, I can chug an apple and try again; here, I have to go back to grinding. It's incredibly frustrating.

Not the worst event, I'll grant you. But this particular grind seems a lot more unforgiving than some others.
    To be fair, orbs and talismans only require specific CEs, not servants.

24. - Top - End - #504
    Troll in the Playground

Yeah, this one has been particularly unforgiving for me, the newbie who's desperate for the materials that happen to be its primary rewards. The whole thing seems to be balanced around getting ~3 copies of the Three Heroes card in play as soon as possible, and you do that by getting 200 of each of the three event materials first. Great. Those drop rates are such that having anything less than +2 to it reduces your gain to a pittance. At +1, you need to run the one for Pills more than 10 times, at 40 AP, just to get the first of the two Pill CEs. Every +1 saves like 80 AP (and a lot of time and energy). So, bring along more than a +1 boost.

... Well, I can't. Nobody on my friends list has a Waver or Sanzang with the randomly gained event CE that boosts pill drops, and unsurprisingly neither of my two 5* Servants happen to be Waver or Sanzang, so I have no native boosts available. I just lose half of a day's progress. Even peaches were a problem; I only have four 4*s, counting my tutorial Elizabeth, and none of them are on the bonus list. So, unless I spend SQ in the vain hope of pulling a specific 4* CE, I'm limited to whatever my support list gives me for them (turns out, about halfway through peach farming one of my friends list put up someone that gives +3 to Peach drops, and one of the two rolls I put onto the banner gave me the peach drop rate CE which is not very likely).

As a result, getting to the point I can get the stuff I want out of this is a total slog. I'm days of setup in now and only just almost at the point where I can start getting large amounts of event mats to get access to the stuff I want. If Three Heroes wasn't so good at MLB, I'm not certain I wouldn't have been better off just emptying out the bun section of the shop and walking away to do dailies and story stuff. For a player without a very sizeable Servant roster, the rest are prohibitively time-consuming.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

25. - Top - End - #505
    Firbolg in the Playground

I'm going to do enough to get the pork buns required to get all the Blazes of wisdom and then im going to leave it, no desire to gather massively exponential amounts of papers to proceed with the story particularly since the free bonus quests stopped giving them and started giving some other token and i need in the vicinity of 240 more papers for the next mission. Ive enjoyed the events up till this one (saber wars was a little onerous but still fun)
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

26. - Top - End - #506

Devil

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post

... Well, I can't. Nobody on my friends list has a Waver or Sanzang with the randomly gained event CE that boosts pill drops
    Mine does, and I accepted your friend request.

27. - Top - End - #507
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by chainer1216 View Post
    Mine does, and I accepted your friend request.
    Huh. Must have just never seen you, then. I was never offered that Servant, anyways.
    Avatar by the wonderful SubLimePie. Former avatar by Andraste.

28. - Top - End - #508
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by DaedalusMkV View Post
    Yeah, this one has been particularly unforgiving for me, the newbie who's desperate for the materials that happen to be its primary rewards. The whole thing seems to be balanced around getting ~3 copies of the Three Heroes card in play as soon as possible, and you do that by getting 200 of each of the three event materials first. Great. Those drop rates are such that having anything less than +2 to it reduces your gain to a pittance. At +1, you need to run the one for Pills more than 10 times, at 40 AP, just to get the first of the two Pill CEs. Every +1 saves like 80 AP (and a lot of time and energy). So, bring along more than a +1 boost.

... Well, I can't. Nobody on my friends list has a Waver or Sanzang with the randomly gained event CE that boosts pill drops, and unsurprisingly neither of my two 5* Servants happen to be Waver or Sanzang, so I have no native boosts available. I just lose half of a day's progress. Even peaches were a problem; I only have four 4*s, counting my tutorial Elizabeth, and none of them are on the bonus list. So, unless I spend SQ in the vain hope of pulling a specific 4* CE, I'm limited to whatever my support list gives me for them (turns out, about halfway through peach farming one of my friends list put up someone that gives +3 to Peach drops, and one of the two rolls I put onto the banner gave me the peach drop rate CE which is not very likely).

As a result, getting to the point I can get the stuff I want out of this is a total slog. I'm days of setup in now and only just almost at the point where I can start getting large amounts of event mats to get access to the stuff I want. If Three Heroes wasn't so good at MLB, I'm not certain I wouldn't have been better off just emptying out the bun section of the shop and walking away to do dailies and story stuff. For a player without a very sizeable Servant roster, the rest are prohibitively time-consuming.
    What's your FID? I have a Waver with the Pill CE.

29. - Top - End - #509
    Troll in the Playground

i think the first time this event was run was when i got like 30 hearts and never needed hearts again... the trickle of hearts always managed to bump up the count before i could run out.

Current avatar by me

30. - Top - End - #510
    Troll in the Playground

So, I levelled up again and got an additional Friend Slot. It occurred to me that I should ask if anyone would care for said slot. Assuming you aren't already on there and have room obviously.

I don't know how many slots I'll get before I reach the maximum in 7 or 8 levels.