New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Pan-aeons: a God Game

Spoiler: Note
    Show
    There was a typo with the Thalia hinder, it would have made things worse than it actually is now that it is corrected. This post was made before that typo was fixed. Call it misunderstanding on Valroin/Yir's part that this still exists, but I like the scene somewhat.

Yir, Valrion, and Later Others - In the Garden of Holy High - Crisis of Faith:

As Valrion returned to the garden, the palace's walls overshadowing the center somewhat, Valrion stared down at the fountain contemplating. The pain was gone and Yir's task was done, yet still they felt exhausted for some reason.

Then they felt it. The power of Sacrifice across the land, restricting those that live upon the land. Valrion’s eyes widened in shock and mild horror.

“What? No! They are better than Timorin they would not-” But they were cut off by Yir chuckling.

“What did you expect? I was right. They will use whatever opportunity is presented to them to harm others with their wicked power. Did you think they were above such things? Did you truly have faith in them? You should know that ALL of them are truly wicked creatures on the inside; oh some like the Bone Lizard seem to hold good intentions, but they are all drawn to wickness like life is to my light. Promises they make are full of either lies or full of malicious-intent, their jealousy demands they take from others, even if that means harming mortals.”

The hypocrisy was palpable to Valrion as they stared out into the distance without focus “Thalia is no god…”

Yir’s voice became almost gentle when they said “Ah, but she was hand-picked by wicked Timorin, guided by his will to be the vessel of his power. She may not be beyond redemption’s grasp, but I doubt she’d try as I suspect she thinks herself wise and just with what she’s done. My Vessel understand, they HATE you; and because they cannot harm you they will harm those you guide and those you love, they don’t care about the mortals, only that you do. If they could, the godlings would destroy you, tear my works to nothing, and continue on treating the mortals as you have seen so clearly now.”

Valrion looked down, their eyes hidden by a dark line again. “...” Oh how wrong that was, the divines had their reasons surely. Yet, trying to understand the other divines, Valrion felt for the first time in years the wish to think like Yir again. It was such a simple way of thinking, where everything made sense. But… they could not. Valrion simply could not. They could not understand Yir or even the other divines. Petr, Thalia, Avestra, Chern, Rosalin, Dulnori, themselves; are any of them right? Confused they felt… alone in the world, unsure what was true or not. A tear fell, then another, and more out of the inky darkness as Valrion lowered their head in shame.

Yir’s voice shifted to uncaring “I suppose I’m wasting my time speaking to something like you on such matters. Wallow in misery if you wish, just be ready for when you are ordered next.”

Valrion sat in the shaded garden alone along the fountain looking at the ground thinking for a long time, tears welling up again and again. Were they wrong? Are they still as deluded as Yir? How could they say they were not? Valrion did not know how long they were there when they heard a voice behind them “Mother? Mother what is wrong?”

Valrion visibly flinched at the surprise, but quickly composed themselve’s as they erased their tears and the darkness that covered their eyes. With a smile on their face they turned around to see Davanda and her kitten saying “Hello dear, nothing is wrong. Please excuse me for not being there for breakfast, I’ve been lost in thought.” The flimsiest lie yet. Then it dawned on them, they could not use their powers to affect their own flesh, the flesh around their eyes was red, making it clear they were crying.

Davanda ran to Valrion, the little kitten running around playfully to the side yet still watching as she hugged Valrion “Mother! Please tell me what’s wrong, please!”

Valrion could sense Davanda's worry, her own inner guilt at not being able to help Valrion for weeks now or know what's wrong. Fresh tears welled up on Valrion’s face as they hugged Davanda back “I am so sorry Davanda. I... I find some days are hard, and I don’t know what I can do, or what I should do.”

Davanda looked into Valrion eyes, she herself teary-eyed “Then tell me what can I do to help you, please mother!”

Valrion stared at Davanda for a bit, a dawning look reaching their eyes and a faint smile on their lips. Resting their forehead against Davanda’s Valroin said “Oh Davanda, you do so much already. I have faith you’ll do good, that is all I need. I... I cannot explain in more detail, but I promise it will get better.”

Davanda seeing Valrion at least feeling better gave a bit of a sigh before saying "Ok mother, I'll be here for you."
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-04-30 at 01:51 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Indariel

Chern found the concept of these beastfolk... Uncomfortable. He made sure no one was watching before he contributed to it. He hoped he was sufficiently on theme.

Spoiler: Help!
    Show
    Help Alatadriel create a supernatural species

+4 Decay, to make the wormfolk. You might be thinking "oh these are probably going to be humanoids with weird little worm heads, Chern wouldn't literally turn people into worms", and if you are thinking that, then you are wrong. The wormfolk are person sized worms. They are blind, they are limbless, and they are good at digging and wriggling. Given these traits, it makes sense that the first wormfolk appeared in the Chernway, manifested in a choblin called Regor Zamza. Being a high level Path of Squalor traveler, he was able to get around the limitations of being a worm using his Squalid abilities. He can fly, he can see, he can manipulate things telekinetically - the standard batch. Interestingly, all of these abilities gained a significant power boost following his transformation. This is the main strength of the wormfolk; being the most lowly and pathetic of all mortals, they are the most powerful squalid. In addition to this, wormfolk are capable of binding together into large worm constructs called cholossi. If a single squalid worm is placed at the centre of this then it can act as a telepathic "brain" to the rest of the worms, giving the cholossus perfect coordination. As a cholossus scales up, more squalid worms are required to maintain control.

+1 Sanitation/+1 Fermentation, to create a means of turning beastfolk essence into potions. To a regular mortal, these potions would have no effect beyond disgusting them, but when a beastfolk drinks them they have their transformation temporarily strengthened and renewed, healing them to the point of regrowing limbs and strengthening them beyond what should be possible. It's a difficult concoction to brew, however, and is difficult to mass produce without a morbidly large supply of essence.

The Promised Land

An upheaval such as this was not usually something Chern would condone. Though nor was it something he would usually condemn. And since Valrion had assisted him, Chern would lend his assistance in return.

Show
    Help Yir influence a continent

+4 Decay, to ensure that the Promised Land remains locked in the planet's cycle of decay. It shall not wither into a barren low-flying moon, for nutrients shall always make their way up through bird guano and insects.

+1 Sanitation, to construct a series of grand stone drains and aqueducts through the continent, to make the water cycle more robust and efficient. The most glorious of these will be build into the connecting land bridges; great miraculous aqueducts that make water flow uphill to the Promised Land.
    Last edited by Garjel_blah; 2020-04-30 at 11:08 AM.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Garjel_blah View Post
    Indariel

Chern found the concept of these beastfolk... Uncomfortable. He made sure no one was watching before he contributed to it. He hoped he was sufficiently on theme.

Show
    Help Alatadriel create a supernatural species

+4 Decay, to make the wormfolk. You might be thinking "oh these are probably going to be humanoids with weird little worm heads, Chern wouldn't literally turn people into worms", and if you are thinking that, then you are wrong. The wormfolk are person sized worms. They are blind, they are limbless, and they are good at digging and wriggling. Given these traits, it makes sense that the first wormfolk appeared in the Chernway, manifested in a choblin called Regor Zamza. Being a high level Path of Squalor traveler, he was able to get around the limitations of being a worm using his Squalid abilities. He can fly, he can see, he can manipulate things telekinetically - the standard batch. Interestingly, all of these abilities gained a significant power boost following his transformation. This is the main strength of the wormfolk; being the most lowly and pathetic of all mortals, they are the most powerful squalid. In addition to this, wormfolk are capable of binding together into large worm constructs called cholossi. If a single squalid worm is placed at the centre of this then it can act as a telepathic "brain" to the rest of the worms, giving the cholossus perfect coordination. As a cholossus scales up, more squalid worms are required to maintain control.

+1 Sanitation/+1 Fermentation, to create a means of turning beastfolk essence into potions. To a regular mortal, these potions would have no effect beyond disgusting them, but when a beastfolk drinks them they have their transformation temporarily strengthened and renewed, healing them to the point of regrowing limbs and strengthening them beyond what should be possible. It's a difficult concoction to brew, however, and is difficult to mass produce without a morbidly large supply of essence.

The Promised Land

An upheaval such as this was not usually something Chern would condone. Though nor was it something he would usually condemn. And since Valrion had assisted him, Chern would lend his assistance in return.

Show
    Help Yir influence a continent

+4 Decay, to ensure that the Promised Land remains locked in the planet's cycle of decay. It shall not wither into a barren low-flying moon, for nutrients shall always make their way up through bird guano and insects.

+1 Sanitation, to construct a series of grand stone drains and aqueducts through the continent, to make the water cycle more robust and efficient. The most glorious of these will be build into the connecting land bridges; great miraculous aqueducts that make water flow uphill to the Promised Land.
    Su'ule And Chern

"Hey, um, Chern. . . "
    "I just wanted to say. Take your eyes off of the Greenland. I may be pretty nice, but I'm more than just sun shine and rainbows."
    "You cursed my children with low fertility. . . and worst of all, you sent those evil bot fly plagues to literally plague my people throughout time."
    "You have earned my ire!"
    "Leave us alone! This is your final warning, and my DEMAND!"
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

4. - Top - End - #394
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by DarthArminius View Post
    Su'ule And Chern

"Hey, um, Chern. . . "
    "I just wanted to say. Take your eyes off of the Greenland. I may be pretty nice, but I'm more than just sun shine and rainbows."
    "You cursed my children with low fertility. . . and worst of all, you sent those evil bot fly plagues to literally plague my people throughout time."
    "You have earned my ire!"
    "Leave us alone! This is your final warning, and my DEMAND!"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86LqlzZvkRI

5. - Top - End - #395
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Chapter 3, Turn 3 rolls

Petr (63 AP) - hatch the Mon'Dai (12 AP/8 DC) +9 Water/ Healing/Moonpool/Justice/Rainbow/Sun/Pain
    Su'ule, +6 Monsters/Birth/Metamorphosis, generational
    Avestra, +2 Nature, Mon'Dai'Syl
    Ymon-Thal, +4 Passing/Soul, Mon'Dai'Ahl
    Chern, +8 Decay/Fermentation/Sanitation/Starry Crypt, Mon'Dai'Cho/Chu/Glo and memory masks
    Yir, +2 Giant/Harmony/Family, Mon'Dai'Ami/Prod
    Dulnori, +2 Fortune, Mon'Dai'Lon
    Timorin, +4 Twilight Archipelago/Drama, Mon'Dai'Imp
    Kahar-Djin, +3 Paths/Travelers, Mon'Dai'Vai
    (1d20+40)[58]

Su'ule (60 AP) - establish the Schools of High Sorcery (12 AP/8 DC) +8 Sorcery/Monsters/Birth/Metamorphosis
    Timorin, +2 War
    Yir, +4 Giant/Harmony, less schools for Su speaking
    (1d20+14)[16]
    Secondary - scry the Boa Jungle and northern Chernway (12 AP)

Grawissen (54 AP) - immortalise Leviathan (12 AP/8 DC) +3 Mining/Knowledge/Architecture/Writing/Unknown/Heroism
    Timorin, -1 Twilight Archipelago/Asylum/Fear/Sacrifice, regeneration
    Su'ule, +8 Sorcery/Monsters/Birth/Metamorphosis, hidden form
    Avestra, +5 Nature/Birds/Sky, bird scouts
    Ymon-Thal, +4 Life/Body
    Yir, +4 Sun/Majesty
    Petr, -8 Healing/Water/Moon/Moonpool/Blood/Justice/Pain/Flesh
    Dulnori, +2 Ambition/Fortune/Stability
    Alatadriel, -8 Fire/Foxes/Fertility/Bees/Civil Engineering, bee allergy
    (1d20+11)[14]

Ymon-Thal (58 AP) - pass on the Yithal (20 AP/16 DC), +11 Death/Life/Passing/Body/Souls/Balance
    Su'ule, +2 Sorcery, mana for world time
    Grawissen, +4 Mining/Knowledge
    Chern, +6 Decay/Starry Crypt, decay to Passing
    Timorin, +8 Drama/War/Architecture/Twilight Archipelago, illusion damage
    Alatadriel, +3 Fertility/Civil Engineering/Wilfulness/Mundane, real illusions
    Yir, -2 Sun, weak to sunlight
    Petr, +6 Justice/Moon/Healing, strong in moonlight
    Dulnori, +1 Dreams, dream communication
    Kahar-Djin, +1 Crossroads/Thresholds/Unexplored, crossroads gate
    (1d20+40)[43]

Timorin (56 AP) - formalise the Cult of the Mad God (+2 Sacrifice) (20 AP/16 DC) +10 War/Drama/Architecture/Sacrifice/Asylum/Games/Twilight Archipelago/Fear
    Grawissen, +3 Knowledge/Mining/Writing/Unknown
    Su'ule, +8 the Su'ule Surprise
    Avestra, +4 Nature/Birds, good seafood
    Chern, +2 Sanitation/Fermentation, aqueducts and Surströmming
    Ymon-Thal, +2 Body
    Yir, +2 Giant, Stonesthroe travel
    Petr, +4 Justice/Moon, night vision
    Dulnori, +5 Fortune/Ambition/Sailing
    Yir, +4 Symbiosis/Perfection/Majesty
    (1d20+44)[62]

Chern (56 AP) - Chad (+2 Determination) (18 AP/14 DC) +5 Decay/Sanitation
    Ymon-Thal, +5 Life/Soul/Body/Twins/Unliving, statue animation
    Timorin, +6 Architecture/Drama/War, windmills
    Su'ule, +8 Sorcery/Monsters/Birth/Metamorphosis, no Su Speaking
    Alatadriel, +4 Fire/Civil Engineering, independent
    Yir, +5 Sun/Majesty/Perfection, laser
    Petr, -4 Water/Justice, clear difference between Chern and Chad
    Dulnori, +5 Ambition/Fortune/Sailing, marketable
    (1d20+34)[43]
    Secondary - scry the Gnaw Greenlands (10 AP)

Alatadriel (62 AP) - spit in the mouth of the Beastfolk (20 AP/16 DC) +5 Fire/Foxes/Bees
    Su'ule, -8 Sorcery/Monsters/Birth/Metamorphosis, occasional fertility
    Ymon-Thal, +3 Life/Balance, Monkeyfolk
    Avestra, +6 Birds/Sky/Nature/Reproduction, Ravenfolk and Antfolk
    Timorin, +10 Architecture/Drama/War/Twilight Archipelago/Sacrifice/Asylum/Games/Fear, Beaverfolk/Hyenafolk/Turtlefolk/Batfolk/Orcafolk and puns
    Petr, -4 Water/Healing, vaccine
    Grawissen, +3 Knowledge/Mining/Writing/Unknown, Parrotfolk/Molefolk/Treefolk
    Dulnori, +4 Fortune/Ambition
    Yir, -4 Perfection/Symbiosis/Majesty, wild
    Chern, +6 Decay/Sanitation/Fermentation, wormfolk and potions
    (1d20+21)[28]

Avestra (69 AP) - exodus to Kabweland (16 AP/12 DC) +7 Nature/Birds/Sky/Dreams
    Ymon-Thal, +2 Body
    Su'ule, +5 Sorcery/Monsters/Birth
    Alatadriel, +2 Fire
    Yir, +7 Sun/Majesty/Symbiosis/Giant, single use buffness
    Petr, +5 Justice/Water/Medics
    Grawissen, +2 Knowledge/Mining/Unknown
    Dulnori, +2 Ambition
    Timorin, +5 Asylum/Drama/Architecture, Jesus Christ it's Carl the Barl
    (1d20+37)[42]

Yir (58 AP) - raise the Promised Land (20 AP/16 DC) +16 Sun/Majesty/Perfection/Symbiosis/Giant/Harmony/Stonesthroe/Knowledge/Mining
    Dulnori, +4 Ambition/Fortune
    Timorin, +4 Asylum/Drama/Games, amphitheatre
    Petr, -4 Water/Healing/Moon/Rainbow/Medics/Pain/Justice, arid
    Avestra, +5 Nature/Sky/Birds, Cloud Forest
    Su'ule, +4 Sorcery/Birth/Metamorphosis, air magic
    Ymon-Thal, +2 Body, cancer risk
    Timorin, -6 Sacrifice/Twilight Archipelago/Architecture, teleport asylum
    Alatadriel, -5 Fire/Foxes/Fertility/Civil Engineering/Arrogance, thicc chains
    Chern, +5 Decay/Sanitation, aqueducts
    (1d20+25)[41]

Dulnori (80 AP) - get second place with the manacap mushroom (8 AP/4 DC) +5 Fortune/Ambition/Sailing
    Petr, +4 Healing/Justice
    Timorin, +2 Sacrifice
    (1d20+11)[16]

Kahar-Djin (62 AP) - create the Hall of Masters (12 AP/8 DC) +8 Council/Paths/Keys/Thresholds
    (1d20+8)[26]

Opulon (70 AP) - no action

6. - Top - End - #396
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Chapter 3, Turn 3 resolution

Petr (51 AP) - success
    The Mon'Dai burst from the pearls of the Pearlescent Moon in a dazzelling variety of forms:
    The Mon'Dai'Mun, sleek creatures of the moon who shine according to its phases.
    The Mon'Dai'Sol, strong sun creatures that are empowered by its light.
    The Mon'Dai'Lys, hybrids of sun and moon.
    The Mon'Dai'Van, natural aquamancers of the seas and rivers.
    The Mon'Dai'Myr, vengeful spirits born of suffering.
    The Mon'Dai'Syl, elusive monkey spirits of the forest with a reputation for mischief.
    The Mon'Dai'Ahl, ghostly pairs unique to the Passing that follow souls through reincarnation.
    The Mon'Dai'Cho, spidery hoarders that live underground.
    The Mon'Dai'Chu, boistrous scorpion creatures with venomous stingers.
    The Mon'Dai'Glo, crab denizens of the deep ocean with a talent for building.
    The Mon'Dai'Ami, winged cats with an affinity for innocence and guardianship.
    The Mon'Dai'Myr'Prod, betrayed shapeshifters with magical capability.
    The Mon'Dai'Lon, clever impish creatures with a love of valuables.
    The Mon'Dai'Vei, spirits unique to Path of Divinity travellers which take on the characteristics of a certain path.

Su'ule (36 AP) - success
    The School of High Sorcery was established in the Gnaw Greenlands, as a place of unique power where Su Sorcery can be learned at an accelerated rate, among other boons.

Grawissen (42 AP) - success
    Somehow, Palpatine returned Leviathan got immortalised.

Ymon-Thal (38 AP) - success
    Mortals would tell stories of the mysterious Yithal, natives of the Passing. The only beings able to physically pass between Oerth and the Passing at will, but with caveats. Time in the mundane world would be brief and strenuous, resulting in death if not undergone cautiously. Sunlight would speed their degradation, whereas moonlight slows it, and mana can be spent to hold out that little bit longer. Yithal are also known to speak through dreams and create illusions, ones that can harm and behave corporeally. They are also capable of dragging mundane objects into the Passing with them, up to a certain mass.

Timorin (36 AP) - success
    The Cult of the Mad God was one of the oldest civilisations on Oerth. They had always been loyal to Timorin. Now, this loyalty is made manifest in their designation as his chosen people. All their unique skills are cemented and increased, from fishing to warfare.

Chern (28 AP) - success
    Chern's fascination with the statue of himself took on divine form, and so Chad came to life. A being of pure masculine bronze, maskless and unashamed. Despite being essentially Chern, Chad was different in many ways. He could himself give life to other statues, one at a time and with limited intelligence, and energy from the sun's heat could be used to create laser beams. He'd be a strong builder, with focus on practical invention such as the humble - yet upstanding - windmill. These differences are more than just cosmetic, however. Chad is not Chern, and Chern is not Chad. This is made true at a fundamental level, and they both know it.
    Chad Atlas (+2 Determination/-2 Individualism)

Alatadriel (42 AP) - success
    The beastfolk came to be(e) through the blessings of the gods. They reproduce through humanoid mortals ingests their essence, and undergoing a transformation into a beastfolk, though vaccination against this are available, and there is the occasional beastfolk capable of traditional mating. The varieties of beastfolk are thus:
    Lizardfolk
    Foxfolk
    Beefolk
    Catfolk
    Monkeyfolk
    Ravenfolk
    Antfolk
    Beaverfolk
    Hyenafolk
    Turtlefolk
    Batfolk
    Orcafolk
    Parrotfolk
    Molefolk
    Treefolk
    Wormfolk
    Due to the extent of literature on each type of beastfolk, I'm not going to write it all out here like I did for the Mon'Dai. I encourage you all to put details in the OOC thread, as always.

Avestra (53 AP) - success
    The owl worshippers travelled together into the southern regions of Tria; Kabweland, their new home. Free from persecution and the pyres, and living in harmony with nature, just as the Crow Goddess would have wanted.

Yir (38 AP) - success
    The entire landmass of central Axia broke free from the ground, lifting into the sky to hang suspended. The way the Promised Land looks is best described in the visuals from Alex's post, so I won't get into that here. The enormity of the Promised Lands is difficult to put into words. But the important additions are as follows:
    An amphitheatre (which is explicitly not as good as the Eternal Arena but still good).
    A naturally degenerative water cycle, leading to a generally arid climate.
    Cloud Forest.
    Boosted air magic.
    Boosted sunburn.
    Goddamn mile-thick chains holding it to the ground Jesus Christ that's a lot of metal.
    Magic uphill aqueducts that somewhat make up for the lack of rain.

Dulnori (72 AP) - success
    The manacap mushrooms strobed with colour as they absorbed their first tastes of mana. A resource such as this would served the magically stunted Horizon mortals well.

Kahar-Djin (50 AP) - success
    The Council of Masters' first decree - to build themselves a hall. Only accessible to the key-holding council members, now the group of immortals could begin their real work. It occurs to me, it's a shame this wasn't completed last turn, then we could have held the godsmoot here.

Opulon (70 AP) - no action. But she's back! Very hype.
    Last edited by Garjel_blah; 2020-05-01 at 02:34 AM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Place: Sanctuary. Time: Who knows, with all this work the days kinda blend together

India Kroft had arrived half an hour early at Nerassus's Sanctuary office. This surprised even herself, she was not usually one for over-doing punctuality. She supposed, as she sat on a bench opposite his door, that she'd become quite invested in this dagger project.

Nerassus himself looks up from a collection of maps, bags filled with variable number of pearls, and an oversized abacus that has clearly been used a lot. He shifts some pearls from a large bag into a small one, flicks a few of the beads, then takes a deep breath to turn his attention to miss Kroft. "You're early India. Please forgive the mess. Mother wants me to bless natural lakes all over the world with Mon'Dai guardians... ah, but that's not why you're here."

"Sounds like a fun time though, if you do find yourself needing an archaeologist," India said brightly, eyes roaming over the cluttered desk. "Though I imagine I'm here about the Blood Fang."

"Indeed." Nerassus pulls out another document from the pile, looking it over. "I've begun assembling a tentative crew at the University. I've already asked some of my finest historians to pour over as many local stories as they can find, to look for anything relating to how the Blood Fang was made. I've got some experts on magical theory on hand, but... well. None have my ability to sense the flux and flow of divine energy. And as you can see, I have very little time to actually join the team at the moment... which brings us to my question, and task, for you. Chern has entrusted you with aunt Misty's divivice. With this, you can travel all over the world. So I would ask, if you find the time in between robbing national treasures." Nera's lips curl into a goofy grin at his weak attempt at a joke. "Think you could find people to invite to the research project?"

"I certainly can. You get to know a lot of people in the pursuit of those national treasures, a few come to mind already. Might I be able to show them the dagger?"

Nerassus frowns as he looks down on the dagger, nibbling his lips thoughtfully. "Hrmf... I'm not sure. It's dangerous. You could make yourself a target... but then again, you are pretty capable of taking care of yourself..." He exhales loudly. "Okay. You can bring it with. On one condition. I expect updates every five days. If the dagger gets lost, retrieving it becomes my first priority after all. Just think of the damage it could do if it falls in the wrong hands."

India's usual wry grin hardened seriously. "I heard what got discussed at the godsmoot. Believe me, I take the dagger's power very seriously. On the upside though, that power might make it tricky for anyone to take it from me by force. Like you said, I can take care of myself." She winked.

"True, true." Nerassus opens up a nearby cupboard and pulls out a small wooden box. He wraps the dagger up in linen cloth, and puts the dagger into the box, passing it on to India. "There you go. Remember, if you run into trouble, I'll come running to help you out."

"Thank you." India took the dagger and stowed it in a coat pocket. In its place, she drew out the hourglass divivice. "Strange, being able to travel so easily. I barely need to back." She waved as the device began to dissolve her into dust. "I won't let you down Nera!"

"I'm relying on you India! Take care!"
    Last edited by Maryring; 2020-05-01 at 07:37 AM.

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ogre in the Playground

Ymon-Thal, The Passing, The Boundless Garden

Both of Ymon-Thal sighed in unison and buried their heads in their hands. "Not again, Ymon-Desha."

The demigoddess appeared torn between her dual instincts for following orders and expressing her opinions. "I will stop once you listen. The Yithal need to stop spending so much time among the Yith."

"I don't think they're doing much of that", Ymon said, gesturing towards the surrounding landscape. As always the Passing was everchanging but in what some of its new inhabitants had begun calling the Boundless Garden there was more method to the world's madness. Since arriving in the Passing after the Ascension and realizing they could change the world around them with their thoughts, it appeared few of the Yithal had done much else. Suddenly, anyone could live in a castle of impossible splendor and act out whatever fantasy they desired. Millions of newborn pseudo-gods playing with their reality.

"Yes, yes, most of them are here but enough of them keep visiting that the Yith that's left may never adapt. They chose to remain, not to be haunted by what used to be their loved ones." She gave her divine master the same look she'd often used to uppity new recruits. "Just give them somewhere else for when they visit Oerth."

"She has a point." Thal-Verys was leaning against the door frame, watching what appeared to be two golden towers competing for height, taking turns to grow taller. "For once."

A new two person sigh. "Very well."

Moments later all four of them had manifested high above Oerth, all the world literally at their feet.

"Huh, you stop paying attention for a couple of hundred years and suddenly there are people all over the place." Ymon looked around and finally pointed towards southern Tria. "What about there? That looks pretty empty."

Ymon-Desha shook her head. "Not there. It'll be occupied soon."

"That looks promising." Thal was pointing towards a large island in the enormous bay of the Stricken lands.

"Yeah, let's take a look", Ymon agreed and suddenly the four of them were standing in on rocky ground, seemingly continuing forever in every direction. "Huh, it's... not very lively."

For once Ymon was under- rather than overstating the facts. As far as they could see there was barely anything but rocky ground. The few signs of life that existed, tufts of grass and the occasional tree or bush surviving against the odds, were almost as colorless as the ground around them. Even the sky followed suit, being just another shade of grey.

"Good", Thal-Verys said. "The Yithal doesn't need crops or cattle to survive and this way we don't have to take any other mortals into consideration."

Thal nodded. "This will do nicely."

"Once we break down some interdimensional barriers."

Spoiler: Action!
    Show
    Ymon-Thal, Thal-Verys and Ymon-Desha attempt to sanctify the Eye of the Worlds (the island in the bay of the Stricken lands) and some of the surrounding water (14 AP/10 DC)

The sanctification ties the Eye closer to the Passing (+ 2 The Passing) than any other place in the mortal world (possibly except for the Moonpool on Sanctuary), blending the worlds of life (+ 2 Life) and death (+ 2 Death). The entire area acts like a portal between the Passing and the mortal world, allowing not only the Yithal but any soul (+ 2 Soul) in the Passing to visit the Eye. Dead souls usually look as they did in (their latest) life but are easily recognizable by being somewhat transparent but unlike souls manifested through most other means, the ones on the Eye have a body (+ 2 Body) of sorts and are able to interact with the world around them (though they are unable to leave the Eye). Should a living soul visiting the Passing (such as a traveler on the Path of the Soul) want to, they can cross over the Eye and are treated the same as any other disembodied soul.

Much like the Yithal can use their link to the Passing to create illusions in the mortal world, so can the Eye. Strong feelings, memories or even just a stray thought from mortals can become seemingly real and even someone aware it can have a hard time distinguishing between what is real and what is not.

There is also the heavy fog that usually covers most of the island and the waters closest to it and the grey clouds above it, together giving most days the sensation of never ending dusk, and serving the dual purpose of protecting the Yithal from the sun and further disorienting visitors. As the sun is the replaced by the moon each evening, most of the fog dissipates.

(- 2 Unliving since it affects the island itself.)

No other gods are invited at the moment but if someone wishes to add something to the Eye of the Worlds I'm open to discussion about it. As with the Yithal, I'm mainly concerned the theme of it all — the theme here being "really creepy island".

Spoiler: Description (and picture + map) of the Eye of the Worlds
    Show
    Even before the Yithal arrived, the island that became known as the Eye of the Worlds (or just "the Eye") was not a very welcoming place. The rare visitors who manage to reach the island — most of the coast are steep cliffs, the only exception being the Broken Coast to the south and the Hunting Grounds to the east — would usually find nothing but rocky ground, tufts of grass and crooked trees.

Such tiny signs of life clings mostly to coast or the rivers that flow through the larger canyons and ravines that run through most of the island. Further inland is the seemingly unending plains known as the Grey Garden with nothing but scarred rock and dead soil. A skilled or lucky visitor might be able to find water but barely any vegetation and even fewer animals, even the birds that are a common sight along the coast rarely fly over the plains.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Ogre in the Playground

At the Moonpool... Research lab?

"Momma?!" Nera steps nervously into the peculiar icy structure that has apparently grown up at the edge of the Moonpool. ChiChi follows curiously after his master, carrying Nera's two Mon'Dai on his back. All four gaze in wonder and curiousity at the workshop. The walls, floor, roof. Everything made of thick, unmelting ice. A sort of antechamber exists above the surface, but from there it quickly dips into a downward stairs that take people into the lake proper. As the small group steps down, the ice occasionally appears translucent, allowing them to see fish swimming about, unbothered by the cold that the icy structure should create.

At the very bottom of the stairs, they find a somewhat luxurious place, if one can get comfortable in a structure entirely of ice. The temperature is pleasantly cool, and after wandering through another antechamber, finding two bedrooms, losing ChiChi in a living room, and finding him again in a storage room filled with various types of wood, cloth, metals and stone, Nerassus finally enters a massive chamber almost directly beneath the Moon Pearl. Petr is there, standing over a workbench with many different pearls in all sorts of different sizes.

"Momma?" Nerassus steps forward, with ChiChi happily rushing ahead. The painted dog yips and dances around the god, who seems too absorbed in their work to even pay attention to their surroundings. "Momma. What is this?"

"Shh."

"But."

"Shhhhh." Petr moves their hands across the collection of pearls. With every pass of their hands, some of the pearls are melded together. Others are stretched taut into thin strings. The two Mon'Dai jump onto the work bench and stare in amazement as slowly but surely Petr fasions a lyre. The frame is wood, there are various handles and grips made of some sort of metal. But the strings are pearl, the tuners are pearl, and the frame has been inlaid with several moon pearls that each shimmer slightly when Petr plucks the strings. "Good..."

"Mother? What's this?"

"This? It's a beginning." Petr pushes the lyre over to the Mon'Dai'Sol and gives the small critter an encouraging nod, before turning around to grab ChiChi and toussle his fur, making the dog bark in delight. "Sorry for ignoring ya boy. But this is important work."

"Oh?" Nerassus looks towards his 'Sol. The shining critter starts to pluck the strings, creating simple notes. It has no practice, so it all ends up a dischordant mess, but as the creature experiments, a small raincloud suddenly manifests and creates a quick drizzle that drenches the 'Mun.

Grumpy at the sudden onslaught of water, the 'Mun pounces on the 'Sol, and the two wrestle on the worktable, much to Petr's delight. "It worked!"

"What? The rain? You're creating instruments to conjure rain?"

"Oh no, not just rain dearheart!" Petr stands up and gently pulls the squabbling spirits apart. The 'Sol immediately clambers up to hide on Petr's shoulder, while the 'Mun remains on the table, shaking it's fist and chittering angrily."You know how I mentioned that these creatures are a manifestation of spiritual energy yes? But they don't exactly do much. You've never had either of them cast aquamantic spells before, no?"

"No. As I understood it, it should be possible though. I mean, if they're part of me, I should be able to channel my spells through them, right?"

"You're not wrong. But that would still be you casting the spell. And what they just did. That wasn't su'Sorcery."

"It wasn't?!" Nera leans over the table. ChiChi walks in between the two and yips, demanding headpats, which Nerassus end up giving without looking away from the instrument. "So how... you're using spiritual energy to create the water?"

"Not me. You. Or I guess in this case, your Mon'Dai. You yourself aren't a good research subject for this my boy. You already tap into this force with no difficulty. It's how you help me with our divine tasks after all. We're going to have to give out these instruments to mortals. Have them test, and observe the effects."

"What for?" Nera gently picks up his 'Mun and holds the pouty, silvery critter close to his chest, gently rubbing over the little creature's back.

"The Mon'Dai was just the first test in giving mortals a directed expression of spiritual energies. You know how, with the school of enchantment you create rigid ley-lines to help direct the enchantment? So that all you have to do is run mana through it and it'll create the effect you set up with earlier enchantment."

"Yeah...?" Nera looks over the instrument in his hands, before inhaling sharply. "Oh! Of course! If the Mon'Dai are the spark... the source of spiritual energy awoken by the Moon Pearl. Then this is... of course. It's like first creating a pool, and then creating aqueducts that connect to the pool. So these instruments would allow mortals to create spiritual energy effects?"

"Directed spiritual energy effects. Important distinction. I'm not as careless as to just throw open the gates freely as your father has done."

"The path of perfection. Right." Nerassus's head slumps a little. The room goes quiet as Nerassus mulls over his own thoughts. Until finally a loud *rowrwhine* escapes ChiChi's throat as he demands attention. "Sorry. Got caught up in my own thoughts. I think I'm starting to see what you're going for. And let me guess. I should bring these instruments to everyone, ask them to practice and then look over the results?"

"No." Nerassus, ChiChi and even the Mon'Dai jump away from Petr at the sudden anger in their voice. "No. We shall not! Do not give them... They are not to be shared freely."

"Momma?"

"You felt what happened earlier. You sensed how the other gods empowered Leviathan. How they share of their essence with a monster lurking in the depths of my domain. A creature of violent hunger and cruel machinations. They chose to empower this... this thing! This assault on our people."

"I am pretty sure they didn't intend it as an attack mother."

"Which means they care nothing! Intentional or not, the coastal people are mine!" Petr gives a deep, throaty growl as the surface of their body ripples violently for a moment. "Murder. Death. Suffer. They hate us. They want us dead. They want us gone. We are alone!" "We... nghn. I... am loathe to say this. But this tells me one thing very clear. We have no friends. We have no allies. We are alone. And every hand we extend in friendship will only create tools for them to stab us in the back with."

Nerassus says nothing. He walks over to his mother and wraps his arms around her, holding her close to his form. ChiChi, with all his animal intelligence, joins in to nuzzle gently into Petr's side. The Mon'Dai climb up on Petr's shoulder and awkwardly join in on the hug, their squabble forgotten for a moment.

"I'm... I'm sorry Nera. I'm being much too cruel to you." Petr chokes back a soft sob. "I should be supporting you. Not having you support me. And yet..."

"It's okay mother. I trust in your plan. I know you wouldn't do this if you didn't feel it was needed. I'll spread the instruments around. I'll take some with me to the university at least. There are plenty of aspiring artists there. And from there... we'll see. But I'll keep you up to date on every step."

"I'm lucky dearheart... whatever did I do to deserve a son like yourself."

Spoiler: Action?
    Show
    8 AP/6 DC: Create a magical item/workshop?

What even is this mix of instrumentality and spiritual energy. Further research must be done.

+0 Water?: Creating rainclouds? Possibly? The action is not yet complete.

10. - Top - End - #400

Chimera

The Second Scream

The Fire Maw Crater:
    This time, from the depths of The Fire Maw Crater, Su'ule began to receive strong pains in her lower extremities. Quickly, she managed to barely make her way just in beast form outside the Gnaw Green Lands, inside of a very large natural cavern in the Northern Mountain Republic. Her contractions came and went heavily. Su'ule however, as goddess of birth, felt nothing that was too much for her to handle. Su'ule took one final, deep breath, and the rats, and the bats inside the great natural caverns around the north mountains were instantly scurrying and flapping for their lives, one infinitesimal moment before she would make her resounding roar of triumph.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfb_n7wjb5k
    The Egg passed from her lower body and was safely being preserved in the mud that Su'ule used to prop it up. It was a literal miracle that the great natural caverns did not collapse on Su'ule and her egg. It was Su'ule's Scream, however, so of course something magical would occur.

Su'ule:
    "Your name is. . . Schirach"

Spoiler
    Show

Create Demi Goddess:
    Schirach
    36 AP - 18 AP = 18 AP
    Demi Goddess Of Force + 2 Schirach is the Demi Goddess of Aggressive Force, be that with physical strength, or magical strength.
    + 2 Sorcery : Schirach will have the power to unleash sorcery the likes of which are the envy of Su Speakers and Archmages in a very short period of time, and specializes in magic that uses aggressive force.
    + 2 Monsters : Schirach will be a born Red Dragon, with the Humanoid body of a shape shifter.
    + 1 Birth : Schirach, like many of Su'ule's blessed, will have the ability to have children with no complications and no pain.
    + 1 Metamorphosis : Schirach will not only have the ability to shape shift into any Humanoid creature, but she can eventually move on to bigger, larger shapes and sizes through magic.

Last edited by DarthArminius; 2020-05-01 at 11:55 PM.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

11. - Top - End - #401
    Orc in the Playground

Avestra, Sunset Forest, Ebonbark Bay - 53 AP remaining

Avestra watched with satisfaction as the conversion of Kanweland took place. Petty kingdom after petty kingdom, tribe after tribe, began to acclaim the way of the Owl. It was everything she had hoped for.

As a result of the assistance of her fellow deities and their offspring, the Kanwean pantheon was unprecedented in size, including herself, Timorin, Yir, Petr, Su'ule, Dulnori, Valrion, Ymon-Desha, Alatadriel and Leviathan. Alatadriel in particular was seen in a much more nuanced light than by other Owl schools, with some Kanwean scholars claiming that her gift of fire to mortalkind was a blessing, or even that Alatadriel had been acting under the orders of Avestra as part of her unknowable plan. It was amusingly off base, but Avestra saw little reason to interfere with mortal beliefs. If it encouraged them to protect nature, then they could tell all the fantastic stories they desired.

Content that her work was complete, Avestra returned to the sanctity of her old forest. The Crow People, as ever, continued to live simple lives among the trees. But Avestra knew that the world was changing, fast. If her beloved Crows and other peoples of the natural world were to keep up, they would need something new. She had just the idea.

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    8 AP / 4 DC - Create a basic living organism - balloon plants with +2 Nature, +1 Sky and +1 Reproduction.

Balloon plants are a curious flora which for most of their lifecycle resemble a cactus without spines. For a number of years they will grow slowly, their trunk widening until it is almost square in shape. Then, a sudden transformation will take place. In just a few days, the "balloon" of the plant will fill with hydrogen gas and swell up to ten metres in diameter. Once enough lift has been achieved, the plant will "let go" of its roots and soar into the sky. Up high, it can drift for hundreds of miles before finally releasing its winged seeds to the air, and its lifecycle will begin again.

With careful cultivation, however, balloon plants can be made into something much more useful entirely. The hard stem of the plant can be shaped as they are grown to form a small hollow in which one can sit, or even to be the centrepiece of a much larger, artificial vessel. Once the balloon plant has launched itself into the air, treewhispering can be used to steer the plant and prevent it from releasing its seeds, potentially extending its lifespan by years.

The first balloon plants were planted in Sunset Forest and the greatest variety of them will be found there. With their method of reproduction, however, it is likely that they will begin appearing across Tria within a decade and the other continents within a generation.

Show

Assist Su'ule create Schirach with:

+2 Nature - Schirach will become known as the guardian of the Gnaw Greenlands, protecting nature with her magnificent strength. In honour of this, she will have a close alliance with the Dustborn of the Greenlands and will be able to call on their assistance for aid in times of need.

+2 Birds and +1 Sky - In addition to the above, Schirach will be recognised as paramount chief by any of Avestra's eagles customarily resident in the Gnaw Greenlands.

Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-07-22 at 05:19 PM.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Rosalin walked upon the shores at sunset. Recently a ship that was supposed to upon the shores of Axia mysteriously crashed and sunk into the ocean, some of its remains washed up on the shore, Rosalin went out to investigate. She examines the wreckage.

”You should be happy…” a voice echoed in her mind. ”...the Empire does love suffering and death. You do it all the time to other people it's best to get the gift in return.”

Rosalin ignored the voice. "Piss off." She looked to a man meditating in front of the wreckage. "Hey! If you're going be sitting there than do the community a favor and get Davy! He'll be able to clean this up pretty easily."

"WHAAAAT!" The gravely voice of a familair person said. Getting up and seeming like he just noticed his surroundings. "When did that get that there?"

"Hey, you're the bird master? Right? Delialh's served me well."

"Aaaaah! You remember me! I too remember you, but it is very hard to forget someone with fox ears. Anyway, my name is actually Siegfried."

"Glad to see you doing well, Siegfried. The world could do with a few more eccentric people in the world. But what are you doing here?"

"Hmm? That's a good question. I was contemplating the nature of the universe but I think I fell asleep instead. What are you doing here though?"

"Giant evil fish called me here."

"Yeah? That sounds like it sucks."

"Yeah, he's a stupid piece of ****."

" I would like to let you know I am a cephalopod not a fish." Leviathan calmly interrupted " I would also like to note unlike your murders I had a noble goal, to protect this continent from your evil empire."

"Aaah, you are a murderer? No judging of course."

"I ain't. Listen here fish. Even if The Empire was evil, it wouldn't be a reason to abandon it. I make a difference. Even if I did than it ain't right to kill civilians like you do. And before you give me crap, I didn't kill non-combatants. I was in a war, and we both followed the laws we set out. It was a fair war as much as there can be one. On the battlefield there is neither justice nor sin."

Suddenly a bunch of weapons appeared from the ocean and landed a few meters from Rosalin "These are the main Supply those "civilians" we're carrying including civilian generals, civilian foot soldiers and civilian Mercenaries." The tone of his voice became more bitter. " I have known your people far longer then you have existed, farther than even the fox showed up. They have always been killers that look down upon others. The Prehist, The Crows, The Choblins, pyromancers and now the Giants. How much more will you stand by and allow the killing to continue?

"Tough talk from a man who murders for pleasure. I am here to overthrow a corrupt regime. Standing by is more evil than warring with them. They're led by an idiot who is being led by a murderer and a cretin. I don't even know who the Prehist are, We have not attacked the crows in centuries, Neither have we the Choblins, and pyromancers deserve their deaths. I am not an idiot, and you are not smart."

"Is that what you truly think? Your wars are just and all of those people you kill deserve to die? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" Leviathan laughed in pure joy of the absurdity of that statement. "You take after your mother quite well, I cannot convince you but I asked for you to think it over."

"And I doubt that you even believe yourself moral. You are here to sow chaos. You are a selfish idiot that knows a few words to trick men. You're just like Yir, a fool who has tricked himself to believe that they can outwit and smart others. No worry though. You shall die soon enough. Forgotten at the bottom of the ocean and eaten by the bottom feeders that you hate so much. As all should be."

"We shall see how Destiny goes... and with that the voice of Leviathan disappeared

"Wow, that guy was really bad at creating a constructive dialogue!"

"Yeah... You want to get lunch Siegfried?"

"I'm fasting at the moment, but I would love to drink more water!"
    ____
    Ostrom
    Cheek and Stopit came across the gates of Ostrom, there stood a Terror guarding the gate. “Stop, what business you have in the city?”

“We are here to see the King, desperately urgent.” Cheek said as he got in front of the Gaurd.

The guard looked at them in annoyance. “Well, the king said a Choblin and a hobo would be coming around these parts. He then opened the gate. “Follow me…”
    ____
    King’s throne room
    Nero sat in his throne, alone in his thoughts probably just really bored at the moment. Just then the dino duo entered his chamber being led by another terror. “Sir, you were waiting for these visitors right?”

“Ah yes…” Nero said as he got out of his chair. “... You are dismissed now Crusher?” he walked closer two traveling pair.

“Yes, sir…” With that Crusher left the room, closing the door behind him.

“Um...thank you, King guy.” Stopit said, looking quite nervous.

Cheek looked at the King with concern. “How did you know we were going to come here?”

Nero smiled “Well that’s simple…” certainly to massive rock hands emerged from the ground and grabbed both Stopit and Cheek. “... Julian told me. And I had to say he told me a lot about you, like how you got routed that annoying past of a fire mage or the dumbass changelings hahahhahaha, at least I don’t have to deal with killing them.”

“You work for Julian?” Cheek yelled out as he struggled to break free.

“Business partners!” Nero yelled out.

Stopit looking confusion. “But he calls you the assistant?”

Both of them felt themselves being crushed. “AAAAAAAAAAAAAH!” they yelled out

“I am an assistant to no one!” Nero yelled in anger. “He only calls me that is a sense of his pride.”

“Give us the lower Jaw Nero…” Cheek yelled foolishly thinking he was in the position to demand anything.

“Ha hah hahaha, you’re too late…” Nero laughed. “...I already gave him the bone, and to return he said he will fulfill his promise. To get rid of the Cult once and for all.”

“WHAT IS HE PLANNING!” Cheek yelled out in rage.

“He just said he was going to fix the problem at the old mine of Mel…” Nero smile. “... But you should not be worrying about that… I have a special execution in mind for you. Come along now.” He said as the ground beneath the dino duo followed Nero.

_______

outside of the throne room
    Behind the door sat Crusher, hearing the mad ramblings of the King. “Oh god, he’s going to instigate a war again. I have to stop him.” And with that, he ran off.

Ostrom main square

The sun started to set as Crowds of Humans, Terrors, and Tongues all gathered to the public execution center; apparently, it was supposed to be a special execution.

“Greetings fellow citizens and the 2 other groups of this great city…” Nero yelled towards the crowd. “...we are here for the execution of these two troublemakers.” he then picked up a cleaver with his magical wooden hands. “... Is everyone ready to see their heads ro…”

“Stop.” Someone in the crowd yelled. Suddenly a group of soldiers walked into the square as civilians moved out of the way. It was crusher “...like the mad Brutus your rain will end here.”

Nero looked in confusion. “Crusher, what are you doing?”

“Stopping you…” he replied. “... I’ve heard you outside the door, you planning on attacking the cult just like the mad Brutus and executing these 2 innocent people, I will have none of it I am tired of your madness. Like the great paragon before me, we will stop you.”

The entire crowd of people backed away from Crusher. The king smiled in delight. “Woohoo it’s been a while since I’ve had heresy.” Suddenly fire appeared on his horns, “You know what happened to the last guy who thought he could be a hero and defy MY GREATNESS! I killed him as I did so many other heathens before.” He stared down at crusher. “Now do you want to apologize or you tired of living.”

Crusher simply stood there

‘“Let’s have some chicken shall we…” He had stopped himself as he noticed something…

Thal-Verys had manifested in the air next to the executioner's stage, her sun floating above her and Ymon-Desha standing slightly behind her. "I am Thal-Verys, Shepherd of the Passing and Herald of the Eternal Argument." She landed next to the king and his intended victims. "I am here for those two."

Ymon-Desha rolled her eyes at her sort-of-sister's weakness for heavy-handed speeches as she landed beside her. "I am Ymon-Desha, the one who will kill anyone who try to stop that."

The crowd yelled in amazement at the sight of it all. Nero was less than impressed. “Is this dramatic entrance day or something…” he said in annoyance as he looked at the demigods. “... and why on earth would the God of death, Thal-Verys be interested in these insignificant mortals and have the gall to demand anything from my magnificence?”

“We do not know these two but we appreciate their help.” Stopit mumbled in the background

“Quiet trash, the mighty beings are talking. ” Nero yelled in frustration.

"Just doing someone a favor. It seems your prisoners have more powerful friends than you." Thal-Verys absentmindedly pulled on the chain connecting her to her sun. It responded by shedding one layer of metal and cloth, suddenly outshining the sun above and throwing long shadows around the square. "And I do hope you don't think yourself one of those mighty beings, little king."

Ymon-Desha could almost taste the potential violence in the air and took a step closer to the intended victims so that the shield slowly orbiting her would protect them as well.

The king simply stood there staring at the demigod with a blank expression. “... Very well then…” Suddenly a spike came out of the ground and stabbed Thal in the arm. Nero jumped back on top of one of the buildings. “... The new age that Julian will start supplanting your kind and begin the rule of the new gods like ME HAHAHAHAHAHA!” he then bravely started to ran across the building, throwing more stone spike rocks at Thal

Thal-Verys groaned and pulled the spike from her arm before looking at the fleeing king. "Right, I think these two can be considered saved now. No need to..." She turned towards Ymon-Desha just in time to see her vanish.

Ymon-Desha instantly reappeared on a rooftop and before she was even fully there her arm was raised, and she sent her spear flying towards the king. It missed him but the roof beneath him was as if it'd been kicked by the gods themselves, stones flew in every direction as part of the house virtually exploded.

"Of course", Thal-Verys said and sighed. Ignoring the action, she turned towards the remaining guards. "These two are now free. If any of you do not respect that, pray that Ymon-Desha is the one who finds you first."

The guards did just that, freeing Cheek and Stopit. “Thank you…” Cheek as he grabs his weapons that want to table next to them. “... We don’t have time to lay around Stopit, we need to kick Julian’s ass, I think these two people can handle the King from here.”

Stopit nodded. “...Okay let us go.” They then both ran off.

Meanwhile, Nero fell through the floor falling onto the ground, much of the building collapsing on top of him. Ymon-Desha floated down in front of the rubble that now covered the foolish king.

(Bang)

Nero burst from the ground stabbing Ymon in the stomach. “Got you foolish Godling.” Nero laughed as he started draining herlife force. “Now I’ll just steal your power and then go and kill your...AAaaaaa!” suddenly he felt an immense pain

Ymon-Desha's shield had become a thin dagger that was halfway to his heart before he even felt it. “Quiet trash, the mighty beings are talking”, Ymon-Desha said as she pulled out the dagger and let the king fall to the ground.

Just as the king drew his final breath, Thal-Verys landed next to him. She could see his soul leaving the body, drawn to one of Kahar-Djin's portals to the Passing. "No need to for that", she said and reached out to touch the former king. "You're coming with us."
    ____

Thalia stood on the eastern most shore of the Isle of Asylum. She was speaking with another masked figure.
    "We only need take provisions to get the crew there and back. I shall be remaining while the crew returns. That is the end of the matter."

Suddenly Deja Vu appeared above Thalia. Naturally everyone around then was stricken with fear seeing what they saw was an ancient demon pop up so suddenly. "Yeah hello sorry to interrupt but I need to talk to you about atonement..." Deja Vu yell in panic
    Thalia made gestures to calm the crowd. "All is fine. The Mask Bane will do you no harm here. Lord Timorin has already sensed his presence. What have you to say oh Spirit of ill restraint?"

" I am here to do what I should have done long ago..." Deja Vu said. "... atone for the crime I committed so many years ago."

Thalia's voice was dry with indifference. "What crime might that be? The crime of putting a madman In charge of your people and abandoning them as he led them to death? Perhaps the crime of not caring for your father or respecting his corpse which has led to another madman that you are responsible for who uses divine power to terrorize the innocent?"

Deja Vu put his head down. " I understand I have a lot to answer for but ask to be allowed back into the tainted lands, and in return I make up for what I have done somehow. I cannot allow Julian to run free with my father's corpse."

Thalia was shaking slightly. "So then why have you come here, instead of fixing the mess you made? We shall not offer you aid. Not after what you have done to us. To me."

" I cannot return to the tainted lands without receiving forgiveness." Deja Vu mumbled. " please just tell me what I could do to make it up to you people."

"So once again, it is our fault. Why don't you for once Go back and face your mistakes like the hero you claim to be. Return to the Tainted Lands and help your people. Stop running like a coward."

When Deja Vu heard her say return to the tainted lands he felt a spiritual chain Lift from him. " thank you and I will return to help make up for my crimes but first I must take care of Julian." And with that he disappeared.

Hope Thalia wiped tears from her eyes and turned to the other masked figure.
    "Nothing changes. He is nothing to us."

As Déjà vu floated away he thought to himself. “After this is over I will make it up to you people…”
    ____

13. - Top - End - #403
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Outside of the entrance of Mine of Mel

Julian set by the entrance with all the bones he had. “Thank you Leviathan, I am surprised how easy it was for you to retrieve the bones, you are an excellent pet.”

”This is the part you become a God? Leviathan asked his master. ”but why are you going to do it here?”

“Easy to kill two birds with one stone” said smiling as he touched the bones. “The power I will admit will set off a small magical explosion, this explosion will activate the rocks and explode the islands.”

”WHAT!” the gigantic being yelled in terror. ”but that will cause thousands of needless deaths and piss off the other gods. Why on earth are you doing this?”

Julian simply responded “Because they made me grovel… I am a God I do not grovel and it isn’t like you will be able to stop me. You are bound to my will.” Julian then looked up to the sky. “YOU HEAR THE LITTLE TIM! I’m going to kill your people and there is nothing you can do to stop me!” Leviathan simply remained silent.

“Hey one hand!” someone yelled in the distance. There stood Cheek and Stopit, “He may not be able to stop you but we can!” Cheek yelled.

Julian turned his head towards the Duo. “I should’ve expected that egotist would’ve failed to kill you.” Julian mumbled without a hint of irony. “Whatever I get to kill you myself then.” He then put his hands on the bones. “You two have a front row seat into my godhood.” His hand glowed and….

Nothing, nothing happens. There was an extremely awkward silence as the duo and Julian just stared at each other. “WHAT THE ****!” Julian yelled

”HAHAHAHAHAHA! Leviathan laughed

“Leviathan what have you done!” Julian screened in panic.

”You told me to retrieve the bones from Dul, you never said anything about giving him one of my own. “ Leviathan smirked ”I guess it’s over for you Julian.”

Julian stood there in silence. He then turned his attention towards the duo. “I may have lost but I can at least END YOU!” a massive energy bolt shot out of his remaining hand.

“Look out!” Stopit yelled, pushing Cheek out of the way. The bolt cut right through Stopit’s stomach. The tongue fell to the floor as its intestines spilled out.

“No…” Cheek thought and sheer terror at his friend's body “JULIAN!” Cheek ran straight at the sadistic vampire a dagger in hand.

Vines then tangled Cheek just inches from Julian “FOOL!” Julian mumbled as he stared into Cheek’s eyes. “You think you are anything…AAAH!”

Cheek bit into his face tearing out his left eye, the vines loosen their grip as Cheek tightened his grip on his dagger “For Cactus and Stopit!” the dagger went right into Julian’s throat. The evil vampire fell over to the ground. Cheek turned away from the body of his archenemy and back to Stopit. as this was going on the bones of Graw sank beneath the earth.

Cheek went over to Stopit lifeless body and sunk his head. Unbeknownst to him Julian got up and pulled the dagger out of his throat. “FOOL!” Julian yelled, Cheek turning to see the vampire right behind him. “I am immortal I cannot die!” he then slammed the dagger down…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLyRpGKWXRs

But Julian’s hand stopped by a Familia Fist. It was Déjà Vu “Immortal you say?” Déjà vu said as he stared at Julian. “Well good that means I can go all out!”

Spoiler: Ora time
    Show

ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA (Julian:MAKE IT STOP!) ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORA ORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR A!

“AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!” Julian yelled as he went flying straight through the sky into the atmosphere.

Suddenly a tentacle appeared from the earth and grabbed Stopit’s body, Both Déjà Vu Cheek turned back as the ground shook. Leviathan emerged, carrying Stopit’s body.

”I thank you… Leviathan mumbled as he stared down the two, as he shoved Stopit’s body into his mouth.

“Stopit!” Cheek yelled as he pulled out his dagger. Déjà vu ready his fists.

”For what? eating a dead body? I’m not a person to let food go to waste, after all those with divine power now have to send an example, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!” Cheek and Déjà Vu simply stood there. ”...anyway thanks to the bones inside me I now have the powers of God and I must be heading off, so many mortals...AHHHHHHH!” Suddenly Leviathan exploded into green energy. This light blinded Cheek.

“Déjà vu what’s going on I can’t see anything!” Cheek yelled as he desperately tried to keep his bearings. Déjà vu remain strangely quiet.

“Sorry if I... had you worried…” A voice mumbled to the blinded Cheek.

“Stopit!” Cheek yelled as he continued rubbing his eyes. “How are you alive?”

“Im Stopit… Yet I’m not…” The figure said as he patted Cheek on the head “...I thank you for the help… I didn’t know I needed. Someone like me needing help… Is certainly a strange occurrence...”

“What are you talkin…” Cheek’s eyes finally cleared as he got a good picture of who was in front of him

“Your people may not know me, I am Grawissen.”
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2020-05-05 at 01:57 PM.

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

Davanda, Inkblot, Ironhide, Dulnori, Sporeweaver, and others - The Steppe Near Tumeria, Later Rokanon - Davanda’s Arrival:

Upon the large deck of Shooting Star Davanda soar through the skies, having traversed great lengths already in the mission of settlement that she had been given by Yir, she finished the last of her given duties in the lands of Tumeria. It was a tiresome task, but one that helped some people.

Her task complete Davanda spent her time among those studying High Magic once more, though she did not go into nearly as much research as before, she was just visiting. While visiting she felt (something new to her) the divine power of Su’ule create another divinity. Wishing to aid the new life Davanda added her own spell-craft to the potent magics Su’ule was gifting the child.

Spoiler: Accidental Hinder
    Show
    +2 Harmony: Davanda infuses into the sleeping child inside the egg the essence of peace. So great is this power that mortals may not fight in the presence of Schirach unless she herself or some other divine takes hostile action. Aggressive speech becomes physically hard to pronounce in Schirach’s presence but can be done with only discomfort, though this part of the blessing also affects Schirach.

Davanda saying goodbye to her friends among the magicians of the north after a few weeks traveled south to the only landmass beneath the promised lands. A strange forest that lived beneath the stars of Yir. It was a peaceful place, untouched by man, though the wildlife was almost the same as Tumeria above so only mildly alien to her. She did have time to think here, about all the things happening in so little time, Valrion was not telling her everything. Not telling her about something terrible…. Other things also crossed her mind, like the dream she had after her first encounter with Yir, of the lands her ancestors forsake as full of demons and barbarians. Yir on the topic was not too helpful last she asked.

Deciding that enough was enough, she’d go to these lands herself, see the people there for herself. And maybe she’d find that person that spoke to her that day…

She had Shooting Star leave the lands below the Promised Lands towards the southern lands. Though she remembered the warnings some of her teachers had said, that the voice of magic did not touch these lands (though they added a few other less polite words into the mix), so her approach was careful, skirting the border of the lands.

----

Davanda’s travels south were peaceful, the golden dragons having been informed of the invitation and possessing enough authority to clear the path for her. Keeping the whole southern side of the Evergrown Lands calm was of course a task in and of itself, and by the time Rokanon heard of it much of the journey was already completed. Dulnori’s presence could be felt by her like a beacon, leading her to the capital city, still adorned with the black banners of mourning.

----

When she reached Rokanon’s longitude a team of dragons flew up to her ship, and the oldest approached her.

“I am Inkblot, head of diplomatic coordination. I am here to escort you to the palace of Rokanon, and I trust you won’t cause any trouble. Leave your ship here, or its enchantments will be undone. Any questions?”

Davanda was looking at Inkblot for a bit, trying not to make a statement at how strange she thought the dragon was before nodding her acceptance following them down with her own power leaving the ship up above.

----

Vast crowds poured in the streets to watch Davanda’s approach. She was utterly unusual, taller than anyone and dressed in strange fancy clothes. Instead of the attendants a diplomat would be expected to have, all she had was a white cat. There were countless rumors.
    “I heard she’s a banished giant, loved humans too much for their king to tolerate.”
    “I heard the fire demon tried to burn her up, but she was too strong for him.”
    “Well I heard she’s not even a giant, she’s some new creature, like a dragon that looks human.”

Davanda was amazed at Rokanon, it was a far more developed place than she had imagined from the teachings she had been given. Nothing like the hordes of barbarians that were said to live here in the texts speaking of Gragama and his defense of the mountains.

Soon enough the palace doors were opened to her, and she was led to the throne room, where Ironhide greeted her with open arms, and open stomach. Ironhide had taken to just leaving her innards exposed, it was faster for experiments and had the pleasant side-effect of unnerving some of the more annoying family elders she had to deal with.

Davanda could not completely hide how aghast she was of the sight of Ironhide, though she did her best to hide it asking “Do you want me to-” before stopping herself, trusting that her help would not be needed.

The young queen spoke, “Welcome Davanda, daughter of the rising star. I am Celia Ironhide, queen of the Horizon Tribe, greatest of the Lios, cousin to the Ceros and Dramos, last in the line of Elkhoof and Braedan, and I am honored to have you as my guest. How does it feel to be the first giant ever allowed to visit Rokanon?”

When standing before the queen Davanda gave a formal bow with her dress like she did in court when needed, though her hands were tight due to her being far more nervous here. At Celia’s words Davanda tried to think back at what she was thinking and flushed a little “Oh-oh it’s embarrassing, but I could not help but think of a friend of mother’s. I remember when I came into the city itself that I felt too big; am I too big? I can be smaller if that would make you more comfortable, your majesty.`` Davanda was somewhat at a loss for words, feeling out of place before a leader of a people.

The queen smiled, “You’re my guest, there’s no such thing as too big or too much. And I already know what you are, so you don’t need to hide it.”

“So even people here know….” Davanda said, thinking back to her father. Though after a moment Davanda was seen to shake a little in embarrassment “Umm, I’m sorry your majesty, but I don’t know what I’m supposed to say now. I never spent much time in court.”

“She is much, meeker, than I expected,” thought Ironhide, “Strange for a diplomat. But a guest is a guest, and if she’s shy then I’ll just have to show her she’s accepted.”

Ironhide replied, “Just consider why you came here. The worm invited you because he thought you were important, and I think so too. I know what it's like to feel out of your depth, but you’re here for a reason, so chin up and don’t quit on us yet. I mean, we haven’t even gotten to the gifts yet. We didn’t have all the time in the world to prepare, but I’m certain the elders have whipped up something good. I wouldn’t let you leave empty handed, especially not with recent events.”

"Gifts?" Davanda said confused, looking at the determined queen, trying to cling onto that resolve "But I've not done anything for you, and I don't want to impose on you. Why, what has happened recently?"

“You’re my guest Davanda, it’s tradition to give gifts. And I must honor that tradition. Nestellbam is dead, and now it is up to me and Dulnori to keep things running. I must set the example for our people. That’s the duty of the monarch, and they have fulfilled it for 1,200 years.”

Davanda was somewhat shocked at the information, "The Wyrm Beneath is dead? How?" She teared up a little at the information, but wiped her more teary eye before continuing "It's good to hear the Fortune Maker is working with you through this, make sure things are right here."

“It was simply fate. Nothing to do now but move forwards, and keep Nestellbam’s legacy alive.” Ironhide paused for a moment, “Why would it be news that Dulnori is working with us?”

"Well..." Davanda trailed off thinking "I do not know his level of involvement with you. At home for example, when Ulomar the Blue died, mother could not help the people's grief. It is good to hear that the Fortune Maker would help your people through such times.”

“That makes sense, I nearly forgot about your sad situation. I apologize.”

"Nothing to apologize for your majesty?" Davanda was confused. Though Valrion's mood for the past month lingered on her mind again. "I should not have assumed anything."

“Oh you poor thing. Things will get better for you when the new dawn happens. But enough about politics, do you want your gifts now or is there something else you're looking for?”

"Well" Davanda said looking to the side "I came here looking for a certain man I saw in a dream not too long ago. He's... probably Dulnori. Do you know where he might be? I wish to speak with him." She still did not know why.

Ironhide stood up, drew a deep breath (her lung’s expansion plainly visible to Davanda) and performed the ancient ritual used by her ancestors to invoke their god’s aid.

“DULNORI,” she yelled, “DULNORI GET OVER HERE WE HAVE COMPANY.”

There was a great noise as a vast churning cloud of sand suddenly appeared inside the palace, whirling in a thousand chaotic shapes.

“Stop showing off and just talk to her already.”

The whirlwind coalesced itself into the gambler.

Forgive my lateness, I was busy embalming my brother." said Dulnori as he glared at Ironhide.

“I already told you to let someone more experienced handle it.”

Dulnori turned around to face Davanda, “Anyways, hello Davanda. I’m pleased you accepted my invitation. How has life been treating you, and should I change that treatment?”

Davanda gave another bow to Dulnori like they did Ironhide, though now she was so terribly scared of saying or doing something wrong that if it were not for Ironhide being there Davanda would probably have broken down at the spectacle and words given to her from Dulnori. She tried to hide it the best she could, but the smile on her face did not really cover anything up. Davanda could not look right at the god as she said "Life has been different for me, but I think it's generally good." She thought on what Dulnori said, her mother and father coming to mind "I'm not sure anything can be done to make it better, but thank you for asking.” There was a bit of a pause from her before she said “I-I'm sorry for my lack of manners, I feel overwhelmed at the moment. I did not expect any of this." She was disappointed in herself for not engaging more with court politics while growing up.

The gambler walked up to Davanda, and gave her a pat on the back, “Stand tall Davanda, you are the child of the rising star and a guest here. You have no reason to be scared, and your manners are perfect. Now then, why did you accept my invitation? Was it the worm mark on your back, or was it something else? " said Dulnori.

Davanda at first flinched a little at Dulnori touching them, but gave a bit of a sigh. "Thank you. I came here to see what was here, and see you. I don't know why exactly but it seemed important to try and meet you while I was here?"

It’s because you have felt my touch Davanda. You are an exceptional individual, and soon you shall grow taller than anyone could have possibly imagined. You needed to see my kingdom, to see a place totally opposed to your homeland in every respect, so that you could better understand your place in the world. Our borders may loosen very soon Davanda, and you could make a valuable liaison."

Opposed in every way? Davanda did not know what to think of something so ominous. Her heart was pounding as she said "A liaison? Me? I..." Davanda thought about this. About how these people and those of her home were separated for so long, unwilling to speak to one another since before the old empire even came into existence. The current situation was something that was tense at best. Maybe she could help mend these old wounds somehow. "I would be glad to help."

The gambler smiled, “Perfect. I can tell you are nervous Davanda, but you are far more powerful than you realize. I must leave now, but say hi to your family for me, your real family." The gambler form dissolved into the whirlwind which then flew out of an open window.

Ironhide stood up, “Now that we have that out of the way, we can get to the fun part.” She gave a signal to one of her guards, and after a few minutes a vast procession arrived. Bureaucrats, elders, merchants, and even a grand shaman or two, each carrying a gift. There were weapons, jewels, pastries, not to mention a vast quantity of scrolls. Each in turn presented their gift to an increasingly bewildered Davanda before shuffling off. At the end of the procession was Sporeweaver with a small box of spores, and a clod of mycelium.

“Hello Davanda, I’m Sporeweaver, the queen’s necromancer. These are manacaps, a new fungus that can bolster your magic power, and I would be honored if you allowed me to perform the requisite graft surgery.”

Davanda by this point was just trying to ignore the large pile of gifts presented to her and give a big smile. She almost accepted Sporeweaver's offer right away without consideration; she was so numb to the awkwardness she felt and growing feeling of social obligation. But before she spoke she caught herself, actually considering the offer.

"That's kind of you Mr. Sporeweaver, I accept. Can it be put onto my back? I uh" she blushed a little "would not want it to be too visible."

“Absolutely.” Sporeweaver walked behind her and placed the mycelium on an open spot. “You might feel a little pinch.”

At his command the mycelium began to slowly dig its way into her flesh, with Sporeweaver careful to maintain his concentration. The process would normally be much simpler, except for the choking steppe air.

“And we’re done, you are officially a partner of the symbiotic network. Just fast grow crops, feed the spores with them, and feel the results. The rush of energy feels strange at first, but you’ll get used to it.”

"Uh, feed it?" Said Davanda, little worried at what Sporeweaver might mean by that. "Do you mean I eat the greenstone food or...?"

“Like you do any fungus. Plant them in soil fertilized with the foodstock, they’ll absorb the lingering mana, and then you can absorb that mana. The manacaps think you’re a starving plant that needs help. It warms my cold heart.”

Davanda nodded understanding "Ah, ok Mr. Sporeweaver, thank you!" If these worked as he said, then they would really be revolutionary, it was the best gift yet in her mind.

More composed than before Davanda looked over towards Ironhide "Your majesty, what is next?" For the first time irritation was leaking into her voice.

Ironhide leaned back on her throne, “Nothing’s next, stay as long as you like. The kingdom is open to you.” Ironhide took Davanda’s reaction to the gifts as a sign that she was suitably impressed, so overall this meeting was a great success.

Davanda gave a far more energetic bow than she had yet "Thank you your majesty!" She looked back at Nero on top of the pile, playing with some weird scroll case poking out of the pile "Nero we're about to go, don't gnaw on the gifts!" After the cat stopped and jumped off the pile she looked to everyone else that was there "Thank you for your hospitality!"

Though as she turned around back towards the gifts she did mumble aloud "Ooh, I don't know how I'm going to carry this without magic."

“Inkblot my dear would you help her?” said Ironhide. Wordlessly the dragon began to fly the gifts back to Davanda’s ship.

“Glory to you Davanda, and glory to the new dawn.”

Davanda was very thankful for the help that Inkblot gave, though was actually a bit disturbed at what they said for some reason.

She smiled and helped little Nero with trying the rest of the perishables before giving another bow and leaving the palace. Following Inkblot back to the ship, then to the rest of the steppe as their guidance saw fit for the remainder of her stay.

(Back at Holy High, Valrion’s Balcony)

As the two sat at the small table on their secluded balcony Davanda was doing most of the talking this morning, describing her time upon Shooting Star, her time in the Gnawlands studying high magic, seeing the forest below the Promise Lands, and then finally her trip into the western side of the continent.

Valrion almost spat out their drink at that last part, giving a cough as some liquid went down wrong “You went there? Of all places?” They were worried for her.

“Tehe! It’s alright mother! Inkbloat and her friends came to guide us once we arrived, though” she got a scrunched up look at the memory “we had to go to the palace.”

Valrion gave a bit of a chuckled looking at Davanda “Oh? What did they do that upset you dear?”

“They treated me like I was you or one of your friends! I did not know what to say at all! And Dulnori showed up, he was nice like people say, but then they gave me presents without me asking or giving anything back! Apparently that’s how it’s done there... or at least said Inkblot.” She did not know how to feel about it other than thankful and annoyed. Is that possible?

Valrion could not help but look fondly at her full of amusement “Davanda, I understand it can be embarrassing but tell me, how did everyone else feel when you left? Was the Fortune Maker pleased?”

Davanda had a worried look thinking back on it. “Dulnori… was embalming his brother the Wrym Below, he seemed happier than I’d expect but I could not tell like you could mother.” She smiled a little remembering the next part “Everyone else seemed… satisfied at least? I really don’t know what I did.”

Valrion nodded thinking on what Davanda said “Considering what you just said about Nestellbam... Oh dear you were there, that was probably enough for them. I know it may have seemed awkward for you, but just being there for someone else is enough to distract from one’s worries in life. It might have been somewhat awkward for you, but I’m sure it was a relief for them. At least for a time.”

A bit of a dawning look crossed Davanda before she said “I… never thought about it like that? Are you sure mother?”

Valrion rubbed their chin while using their other hand to pour tea for the two of them, their gaze down in contemplation “I think so dear. You’ll understand when you're older I suppose. Tell me about this friend of yours..." they looked up back at Davanda with a raised eyebrow "Inkblot?”
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-05-15 at 09:28 PM.

15. - Top - End - #405
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ostrom- Graw ap 80/42

Graw walked into the city, Cheek riding upon his shoulder. The city Ostrom had seen better days. The arrogant king Nero rule was not exactly pretty one. For one he segregated the humans, the terrors and the tongues in the three separate sections with the tongues having noticeably better living conditions. The city is also incredibly isolated from the rest of the world even from their once helpful allies. The economy was somewhat tattered and much of the structures were crumbling.

Cheek looked at his godly body. “Stopit...I mean Grawissen Seems like the city has seen better days.”

“Mistakes I’ve made… Graw told Cheek. “...I will help...My people…

Spoiler: action
    Show
    influence a city of mortals (~100k)
    Help to repair the people of Ostrom to help bring it into a new Golden age.
    +2 Knowledge: They will stop their self isolation and open up to the rest of the world to gather new knowledge. Additionally they will ask many scholars from around the world to settle in the great library to discuss philosophy, history, technology and science.

+2 Mining: This will help revitalize the mining industry of the Prehist since Nero stopped the trading of precious materials when he came to power. They will also be willing to help other countries with mining operations around the world.

+2 Heroism(Déjà Vu): They will have a sense of duty for others, they will stop tolerating the racist codes that separate them and will protect each other’s rights. Hate crimes will not be tolerated. The humans, the tongues and the terrors will make a system that will be equal and fair to all.

+1 writing and +1 singing: Ostrom will be the center place of musicals Inspired by The Horizon Tribe’s stage plays. They will add musical numbers to make these epics. They will become wildly popular around the world. Wall plays and musicals existed with the Horizon tribe and fire dancers they capture the hearts and minds of the world with the Prehist. One of the most famous being the mother of musicals, the great Tongue, Violin. Her plays were notable for having much satire and social commentary, being a push back against the oppressive era of King Nero. The common theme of the evils of racism, war is hell, mocking of those in power and racial and religious tolerance prevails through her work.

* Song of the King: an adaptation of the play The Voyage of the Golden Fleet. It focuses more on King Ostrom and the dangers he had to go through to save his people. Notably the musical is more historically accurate than the play it took inspiration from but still has major inaccuracies. The play is notable for being the most popular version of the story worldwide, playing all around the world inspiring many other musicals. The play is also notable for controversy with Alatadriel followers considering the less than flattering betrayal she is given, some versions completely omit her and replace her completely with hope I have been for more international appeal.

* Brutus’s madness: An adaptation of Uyellic’s Tragedy play, the musical sort of flips the perspective from the play. Mainly focusing on the Cults persecution during the war and the pointlessness of it all. Not nearly as popular as a previous musical but has a strong following with Timorin Cult for the sympathetic portrayal of their culture.

* Morgana trial: a fictional account of Morgana battling Leviathan and saving her people after Graw had first disappeared. Probably her most action-packed work and lacking a lot of her social commentary it’s still a well-regarded popcorn flick.

* Burning of the Tree: A scathing satire of the persecution of fire mages by the Empire of Al-Sinai. It’s about a group that murdered a fire mage but then are stocked by the vengeful spirit of that fire mage that became a twisted fox demon. Got her banned from Al-Sinai, she regrets nothing.

* King Nero birthday party: Her only straight comedy based on the era when King Nero ruled (which Violin grew up in). The play not only makes fun of Nero but the concept of racism and intolerance in general. Showing the absolute absurdity of it. Considered by many scholars to be her best musical.

All these musicals would become classics and inspirations to the musicals to come.

???
    Julian splashed into the water below, nearly 1000 miles from the tainted lands, sank like a rock deep into the depths “When I get that Squid and rhino…” suddenly he felt the pressure closing in on his lungs “AHHHHHHHHHHH!” Julian screamed as the pressure continued to crush his body like a tin can. At last, he fell to the bottom of the deep dark ocean. “I WILL RETURN, I WILL RETURN!” Julian repeated madly over the centuries. Unable to escape his watery prison as the bottom feeders kept picking at his body.

Spoiler: non-Canon but I thought it was funny
    Show

???

“My head!” Julian thought to himself as he got up from the grey ground. “With the hell am I?” Julian looked around, nothing but grey and blackness around him. “What’s on…” Julian then noticed something in the sky. A green, white and blue ball. “What is this, a new creation from one of the gods?” Julian’s eyes widened as he realized where he was. “HOW THE **** DID I GET ON THE ****ING MOON!” Julian yelled out but being in space no one could hear him.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2020-05-07 at 05:48 PM.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Somewhere on the Twilight Archipellago

Experimentation is all well and good in theory. The plan itself was simple and straightforward enough. Grab some instruments, travel elsewhere, distribute them to mortals, and then observe what happens when they utilize them. Unfortunately, there's one small hitch in the plan. And the name of that hitch is ChiChi. Nera has barely made landfall on the Twilight Archipellago with his team, when ChiChi makes a very clear demand for attention. The painted dog grabbed a bag full of instruments, and is now leading Nerassus on a merry goose chase through the tropical paradise. "CHICHI!" Nerassus calls out after the painted dog. "No. Stop! Drop that! This isn't play time!"

Thalia turns from her crew at the sound of this. She and the crew laugh and Hope Thalia rushed toward the dog trying to cut it off, not quite as fast as she used to be. "Here Chichi. Here."

The painted dog darts off towards Thalia and bounces around her, keeping the Hope between himself and Nerassus, as he shakes the bag vigorously.

"Oh man. I'm sorry." Nerassus frowns as he steps up towards Thalia. "I don't know what came over him. He just suddenly became extremely playful." He turns towards ChiChi. "Now boy, be good and drop the bag. Carefully."

YIP ChiChi barks, edging away with the bag still in his maw.

Thalia forces all of her mana into speed before turning around to snatch up ChiChi. "It's no problem. I love animals. You have to in the birth place of Avestra."

ChiChi yips, and in the process drops the bag from his mouth. He scrabbles wildly around in Thalia's grip for a moment, barking and whining before finally settling down when Nerassus grabs the bag. At that point he hangs his head in defeat, releasing a loud, long whine.

"Thanks." Nerassus opens the bag and draws a sigh of relief. "Ah great. None of the instruments are broken."

Thalia raises an eyebrow and sets the dog down. She stays kneeling, petting the dog. "Instruments?"

"Indeed. I was actually gonna look for you when we came ashore. Mother is working on creating defenses to ensure that Sanctuary is never left defenseless, and these." He opens the bag and pulls out a small assortment of instruments. Three flutes, a ukulele, two lyres and a bugle. "Are part of her efforts to coalesce a design for a new magic item." He spreads them out on the ground, while ChiChi leans in to savour Thalia's attention. "Pick up one of these instruments and try to play something with it. They're designed to channel and direct spiritual energy. For most folks I've tested it out with, that generally manifests as creating rain, but some people do produce interesting effects."

Thalia smiles and picks up the ukelele and begins to strum it casually, wondering if anything will happen.

A shimmering barrier forms around Thalia, growing in size as she increases in volume, and shrinking when it decreases. When it expands to Nera, a wave of peace fills him.

Nerassus exhales fondly as his posture softens. His lips curl into a goofy grin and he starts to hum just a little before catching himself. "Whoa... that's a new one."

Hope Thalia blushes and shrugs. "It looks like it might be helpful for your goals."

"Very much so. Hrm. You were channeling through the concept of Asylum yes? I think I can emulate that, so people without your powers can perform the same song."

"Music always did make me feel a little safer and at peace so it makes sense I suppose."

"Oh. That brings me to another idea. How well are you attuned to Unca Timorin's domains? Because I was pondering... Uncle really knows how to party. Perhaps we could share of his mirth and use the music to encourage listeners to dance?"

Thalia nods. "I've been getting better. I think I can definitely bring some excitement. I've even learned how to specify the kind that doesn't spill blood."

"Oh yeah." Nerassus chuckles softly. "No bloodshed please. They're meant for defense, not offense."

ChiChi yips loudly, as if offering his own suggestion for enchantments on the music. Or possibly just to get more earscritches

Thalia scratches the dog behind the ears and looks back towards where Nera's ship had docked. "I understand that. Did you bring anyone else who might want to say hi?"

"I brought my granddaughter, a handful of youths from Sanctuary, and professor P'San from the University. Oh, and I guess these two." He pats on his chest pocket, and two curious small critters poke their heads out. Silver and gold, they stare curiously at Thalia. "I've heard that Mon'Dai on this island has a tendency towards a completely different type."

Thalia nods, eyes a little sad. "Yeah. Timorin's influence has that kind of effect. I think my Mon'Dai is around here somewhere. Probably harrassing the crew preparing the ship."

"Oh, a prankster huh?" Nerassus nods slowly. "I hope he's at least being helpful to you. These little ones constantly try to help... though with an emphasis on try."

Thalia smiles remembering some of the nonsense the little one had caused. "He has been rather helpful... In his own way. I fear the preparations for the expedition have kept him rather bored though. Now that things are finally moving, he needs to work off some of that impish energy."

"Perhaps I could send my boys to play with him. Maybe even ChiChi. He's got such boundless energy."

ChiChi, sensing that he's being praised, barks happily and kneads into Thalia.

"I'm sure he would like that. We do have a long Journey ahead so some excitement could do him well. By the way, when I return, perhaps we should speak again about Sanctuary's protections."

"I would like that." Nerassus rubs his chin thoughtfully, then smiles. "We're having a festival on Sanctuary in about a moon. It's a small one, but you're welcome if you wish."

"Should time permit I would love to. Will Indiana be there?"

"No. I've sent her out in the world to find people who'll help study the Blood Fang. When the time comes, I would be happy if the isles sent someone to help the research efforts."

Thalia nods, not making proper eye contact for a moment. Then turning back to Nera with a smile. "I am more than positive we will be able to provide some competent researchers."

"Thank you. I should probably get back to the rest of the team. But feel free to keep these instruments. They're not much yet, but maybe you'll come up with some other clever breakthroughs in time."

Thalia makes a deep bow and places a fist on her heart. "It was good seeing you Nera. May Petr watch over both our journeys."

Spoiler: Help:
    Show
    Help from Timorin for Petr's current project:

+2 Drama: The song of energy, which compels listeners to dance.
    +2 War: The rythm of combat, which strengthens the body and steels the mind for battle.
    +1 Asylum: The song of shelter, which compels listeners to peaceful thoughts.
    +2 Sacrifice: The harmony of sacrifice allows the player to strengthen the music by sacrificing of their own energy.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2020-05-07 at 04:09 PM.

17. - Top - End - #407
    Dwarf in the Playground

The Raven hold, Al-Estria
    Rosalin had kicked the door open again. It was becoming such a common occurrence that she had the tools to fix it next to the other side of the door. “Friggin’ Nobles! The knights were enough to deal with, but now they sent generals! Real bloody nobles who think they own the place!” Rosalin quickly stripped down to a tank top as she went into her own personal gym. Normally, Rosalin didn’t allow herself such luxuries. Her bedroom was nothing more than a cot thrown in the corner with a dresser. She spent so many days on the trail that she didn’t feel comfortable with luxury. She could hardly sleep on a soft bed anymore, and too much space freaked her out. However, people got rowdy at the gym in town when they challenged her. She got it, of course, nothing like losing to get you pissed off, but usually she had to beat them even harder. Breaking your citizen’s limbs ain’t a good look.
    She wrapped her fists feeling that familiar tensile strength. Felt good, that pressure against your hands as you flex. That slight restriction of movement felt… Freeing somehow. The gym always felt freeing. **** made sense in a gym. You get down and you work out. There wasn’t any **** about morals, talking, having to think about architecture, make negotiations, **** make friends even... It was just about trying to get as fit as possible. To be the best there was, and well… Rosalin was good at being the best. She could forget herself, and it wasn’t often that she got to forget herself anymore. She took a couple of jabs at a punching bag before she noticed something out of the corner of her eye.

“Hey. I said you could use my gym, but hanging upside down like an assassin from my rafters is something entirely different.”

“Aaaah, sorry. I was trying a new meditation technique.” Siegfried said, still hanging from his feet. He observed Rosalin’s punches against the bag as she continued. “Permission to speak freely?”

“You know that I don’t give a **** Sieg. You’re a good man, I won’t be upset if you start spouting ****.”

“Aaaah, it’s just that I’ve found people are often incapable of handling the truth. When I worked as a master of astrology, I found that people would often reject my fortune tellings!”

“Yeah, I heard that’s why astrologers tend to only tell good things to their clients so that they can make money.”

“You lack discipline, Mistress Ravenhold.”

Rosalin sent her punching bag backwards. Catching it with her other hand as it swung back. “That right Sieg? I thought that you didn’t know the definition of discipline and that’s why you became a bird master.”

“It was more of a hobby as I rethought my life. And that was when I did not realize the intent of the path of discipline. The masters were wrong in their teachings, lacking a full understanding, but Kahar-Djin does not. It is through the action of martial arts that you complete tasks so that you may become closer to discipline. To realize a Setorian form of discipline. But that does not matter as their opposition to definition had nothing to do with particular instances of displays of virtues such as discipline.”

“Yeah, I read the Setor masters like everyone else. What’s that got to do with me and discipline?”

“You’re sloppy” The voice grinded out. “You rely too much on your brute strength and stamina. You take needless blows from even amateur fighters. You are too used to being able to overpower others that you would fail against a true master.”

“You here to critique my fighting style or what Sieg? I’m a slugger. It plays to my strengths. We’ve all got some.”

“You’re mistaken about your strengths.”

A smirk played across Rosalin’s face. “You wanna go a round to test your theories, Seig! I’ll admit that I ain’t had a real good opponent in some time.”

“Not really, but-”

“Think fast, Sieg!” Rosalin pulled a knife from her boot and threw it at the upside down man. The ring on her finger turned a bright baby blue as she let out a girlish giggle as Sieg caught it between two fingers. “Hey, I always wanted to see if the Path of Discipline really let you do that!” She dodged out of the way as he threw the dagger back and came up to him swinging.

He dropped down and easily dodged her blows. “Is this really necessary? You’re not going to land a blow.”

“An outboxer, eh? I can do a bit of in-boxing myself you know.” Rosalin launched a series of rapid jabs that Sieg bobbed and weaved through easily. “I ain’t dumb, Sieg. I’ve got skill.”

“I’ve never called you dumb. A grappling martial art could easily take down a boxer though.”

“Honestly it depends a lot. You can’t beat a boxer’s power.” Rosalin whiffed a powerful hook. Sieg took this opportunity to distance himself. “but there is one major difference between a boxer and other martial artists.”

“And what is that?” The two circled each other.

“A boxer never plans to get knocked down. Boxing ain’t just about who is strong physically. It’s about grit. Have you got that grit, Sieg? That determination to win?”

“Fighting isn’t about grit..” The two started to circle closer and closer. “It’s about seeing through your opponent. Looking for their weaknesses and capitalizing on them.”

“If you know what fighting is ‘bout then why you so ‘fraid to punch me? Scared you’re gonna hurt my ego? Nothing pisses me off more than treating me like I’m a kid! I ain’t fragile!” The bright blue of her ring was tinged with red as she threw a jab.

“Because there’s nothing to prove.” He dodged out of the way.

“You can’t leave a fight unfinished. That ain’t how these things work!”

“Think of it instead as training.”

“Stop making excuses and punch me, coward!”

“If you insist.” It happened in an instance. Before she could even retract her arm, Sieg was a blur when he ducked below her strike, faster than she could see he ran below her punch and appeared below her. With a single finger he pushes into her abdomen, right below her ribs. Stars fill her vision as she’s bowled over from the force of the blow. The wind knocked out of her; it felt like her stomach was punched directly. As if Sieg bypassed her flesh. The toned arms of a martial artist caught her as she fell to her knees. “I told you there’s nothing to prove.”

As she still gasped for breath, she surged forward. She smashed her head straight into Sieg’s face following it up with a hook into his side. The martial artist stumbled back a bit as Rosalin caught her breath. She spat onto the floor and wiped her chin with her knuckle. “And I told you that I ain’t fragile. Fightin’s ‘bout grit.”

Sieg’s nose was bleeding. “Ugh, it isn’t. The fight was over. You cheated.”

“It ain’t cheatin’ if you don’t agree to rules beforehand.” Her ring cooled as she made her way to a trough of water. She filled a bowl and drank from it. “The trough to the right is for washing and healing. This one’s for drinkin’. It’s got a touch of chum in it though, if you ain’t allowed to drink. Not enough to get you drunk of course.”

“Chum? I couldn’t drink that stuff before my fast let alone after.”

“Ah, chum ain’t so bad.” She said taking another swig of her grog. “Puts hair on your chest.”

Siegfried raised an eyebrow as he washed the blood from his nose. “And how much hair do you have on your chest?”

“Ha! More than you probably! Let me guess, you’re one of those martial artists that wax, huh!”

“I shave. Face to toes. I trim the hair on my head every week.”

“Pfft, I shaved my legs once. What a mistake, was itching for weeks. Waste of time.” She swigged some more grog before letting out a loud belch. “‘Scuse me.”

“Even a small amount of hair causes friction against any open wounds, impairing your healing process along with giving your opponent an easier time to grapple with you.”

Rosalin swished her grog around a bit more. Her ring cooled to a deep blue flecked with black. “... I know you want to say something.” There was a pause as Siegfried waited for her to continue. “You weren’t really talkin’ bout my fightin’ were ya? Discipline is more to you than that.”

“Permission to speak freely, Rose?”

“I told ya, ya don’t need to ask.”
    “You took the path of emotion. And you are living ruled by your emotion. It is something that many emotion walkers fall into. But sometimes, emotion hides understanding of deeper emotion. And yet you have reached farther than many walkers that I knew. I believe you may be experiencing trauma that has set you back.”

Rosalin deflated as she slid back into a chair. “Sieg… I died. Lived a hundred lives and was brought back and put in charge of a nation. That’s a ****ing understatement. Of course I am experiencing trauma!”

The martial artist put a hand on her shoulder. “The path you walk is not only about positive emotions but of embracing the negative emotion, and understanding it’s root.”

Rosalin shrugged him off. “I do. I do! But I know that it does no good. I want to do good! I want to lead here! To make my people stronger! I want to lead the fight against Yir, and yet even that has been taken from me! By that infernal maggot-ridden cow excuse of a ruler!” The colors of her ring quickly brightened to a red. “Do you know what it’s like Sieg? No, you don’t! Having to work every moment of your life against a curse? Why are you even here! I haven’t had anyone come here for anything outside of work. I don’t have people even say hi to me when I walk down the street. People avert their gaze when their ruler walks by! I got so used to it.” her ring simmered down to a deep melancholic blue. “I got so used to being alone near the end… I grieved for the people in my life as they died… Weeks, months even. Not a single person ever asked me how I was. And here my mother comes bringing me back. And she cares. She’s not the best, but she cares… And Davy cares. He can’t really show it, but… He cares. And… You care, Sieg.”

Siegfried sat down on the floor cross legged. “Aaah. So you’ve thought through this. Your emotions stem from a lack of positive relationships. What leaves you so troubled then? You often seem to be putting up a front.”

“Well… It isn't that easy. You can’t always know who you truly are. There is no such thing as the real you. There is only you. That bravado, and confidence is me. I do feel like that, but… Not all the time of course. Somedays, I won’t even get out of bed... But confident me wins out because I know that that me is right… Moping around won’t do any good. You’ve got to get out there and fix your problems! You won’t let others rule you like you did so long ago… But… It still hurts.”

“Emotions do not care about the facts.”

“**** if that ain’t true. You’re a good man, Sieg. But what made you respect me?” Her ring glowed to a relaxed green as she picked up a dumbbell off the ground.

“I didn’t respect you, Rosalin. I could tell that you cared, and you needed help. Discipline over yourself is worthless. Discipline to others is what must be practiced. It is what the masters did not understand.”

Rosalin let out a light laugh. “Heh, I don’t know if that means anything Sieg. But somehow, I get you. You’re a good man.”

“Yes, I often lack the way with words.” There was a moment of comfortable silence as Rosalin did reps with her dumbbell. “... I don’t mean to implore. But your exercises. They work as a release for negative emotions. And release may be important, but this conversion into active energy may obscure understanding. You create a raging fire, but perhaps what you need is for your fire to die down… Please, won’t you meditate with me.”

Rosalin’s ring flashed a brief red before it quickly died down as she shrugged, setting her dumbbell down. “Eh, Can’t hurt.” She sat down on the floor across from Siegfried. “So what, do you just close your eyes and think?”

“You empty your mind Rosalin. You sit and let your thoughts flow naturally without thinking. Just focus on your breathing if your thoughts are too intrusive.”

“I don’t think that makes any sense, but okay.”

The two sat for a couple of minutes in silence. “... I can hear you still squirming.”

“Shut up!” She adjusted her sitting yet again. “I ain’t good at sittin’ still! Don’t make fun of me!”
    Last edited by Demonjazz; 2020-05-07 at 07:55 PM.
    I prefer a keg of beer!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Lucent Reef
    Graw appeared upon the Reef’s shores, Cheek riding upon his shoulder. The cultists themselves looked in amazement and Fear for this thought to be long dead God. Graw turned his head towards Cheek. ““Remember we are not here... to discuss Julian but secure peace….”

Cheek looked at him with frustration but gave him a simple node in agreement.

““Timorin... I am here to catch up with you... and secure peace between our people...” Graw shouted hoping to get the attention of Tim.

Timorin jumped suddenly. Graw had approached from his eyepatch side. "Ah Graw. Welcome back. It's about time you came to clean up your mess. Hope you had a good nap."

“I would not say… What I went through… Could be called a nap… Graw said trying to keep his composure. “I am here to discuss a long-term piece between our people.”

Timorin nods. "It would be nice if your people would stop attacking us."

“I ask you...to help me... With the gift to The Prehist... Graw asked, “To make sure... That peace can continue... when we are gone...

"I will gladly help but you will owe me."

Graw nodded, “I will help you with one of your future creations.
    ------
    Graw teleported onto Hope’s ship, Cheek still by his side. Graw looked at hope. “I’ve heard a lot about you Hope…. how are you doing...”

Hope Thalia bowed. "I can say the same of you Lord Graw. I have been well. Good to see you have decided to return."

Graw bowed in return “I am here to help the rift between our people…”

Cheek jumped off his shoulder. “Nice ship you have by the way, on which we asked you for help, probably would help with Leviathan.”

"I see... You have come to try to mend old wounds? And yet the one who caused them is nowhere to be seen."

“He attempted to talk to you... Himself and it didn’t go well… Graw then looked to the side to see his pickaxe Archimedes. “...I know that you are wondering… I will not force you... to give back… Archimedes...if you want to keep it as a sign… Of unity between us…

Thalia looks at Graw. "He had more important things to deal with than making peace with his victims. I am willing to return it... But I am also a child of the Mad God. So you must know there will be a price."

Graw looked at her worryingly “What's the price…

Thalia shrugged. "Depends? Is Graw asking or Deja Vu?"

Graw looked at her with hesitation. “Me, now go on…I created Déjà Vu I should be the one asking... for the price”

Thalia turned to him.
    "Then the price is higher. I will willingly return this artifact of power if you help establish mine. Make the power of my position last far beyond my death. For Graw to have this without a fight, he must offer me something equally as powerful."

Graw nodded. “Very well, I will be more than happy to help you.”

Spoiler: Help
    Show

+2 Drama: Timorin offers helps with the musicals, making sure to teach some that show the unaltered history of the war with the cult and how it started

+2 Cult of the mad god: The peace between the two groups shall be strengthened by the peace offered in Graw's gesture

+2 Architecture: the city will turn to improve and remodel their infrastructure and buildings, reinforcing them and making them more grandiose

+2 Sacrifice: The city is asking for much help from outsiders but shall offer them knowledge and help in return, usually more than they ask for

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Davanda, Yir - Holy High's Shine:

It was only about an hour after her meeting with her mother this morning when she decided to walk up to the shrine at the top of the palace. Though it was quite spacious and easy to reach it was empty as usual, no one stepped on the hallow ground that was this place without cause. Davanda often worried she’d be interrupting Yir or somehow annoying them when they arrived, but they always said they had nothing else to do, especially this time of day; which just made Davanda… feel sad for Yir. It was a bit of a blessing that Yir did not seem to realize just how lonely they were. At least while she was here she would keep Yir company.

As Davanda ascended some of the final steps she could feel the distinct presence of Yir once more and looking up she called out “Good morning Yir!”

“Good morning little sparkle, it has been too long.” Yir called down, the light around the shine seeming to fluctuate as they spoke down. Davanda felt the tender feelings of Yir once again, and she could feel that they did indeed miss her. It was strange thought Davanda, she could sense Yir’s emotions just fine like everyone else, but the other gods and divinities were beyond her. “Please, tell me of your travels since we last spoke.”

And so Yir listened to her speak about her journey, first to the north where the foundations of high magic was laid, herself proudly being able to contribute to many of the fundamental aspects of it. Yir seemed pleased by this and intrigued at the blessing she had given the child of Su’ule “Really?” Yir said with a bit of amusement “You gave a weapon the power of peace? How peculiar; yet for the best I think.”

“Have you blessed the child yet?” Ask Davanda wondering just what Yir might have done.

Yir was hesitant but answered “I have not. Malicious powers stalk the world, and I shall stay my hand till they strike.” Yir was disgusted.

“But who would do that?” Asked Davanda, wondering what might be making Yir so upset.

Yir’s disgust did not waver “The worldly powers may think themselves righteous and good, but do not let appearances fool you child they mean ill towards you, ME, and anything they deem a threat. A living weapon like Su’ule designs to make… there will be those that wish not to guide it like you but to simply eliminate it.” Davanda and Yir both remembered something and silence lingered for a time.

The sun spoke first “Please continue child.” They felt embarrassed, but did not show it in their voice.

Davanda recounted her goodbyes to the northern magicians and her travel to the forest beneath the promised land, something that peaked quite a bit of interest from Yir. Especially when she described the little spheres as Yir’s Stars.

“Stars? That’s what they look like?”

“At night, yes! It looks like a new sky up above, and with the moon light there it’s not dark at all. It almost feels like a new world down below, or at least a new sky.” This made Yir feel proud in a strange way Davanda did not understand.

“Interesting. Where did you go after your visit to this forest?” This was the part that Davanda was not looking forward to talking to Yir about.

“I went south to the westland, the Steppe and the other parts of the western side of the continent.” Davanda flinched a little at the sudden surge of panic, anger at the people there, and confusion that she felt from Yir.

“You went THERE of all places? To that cursed land where my Voice does not touch? Was it some ploy of the Sand Worm? Or worse yet, the wicked Wrym Below. Are you alright Davanda? They did not hurt you?” Davanda felt the annoyance and distrust for Dulnori Yir held, it was greater than she expected; and she did not expect the level of fear and hatred Yir held for Nestellbam.

She could not even focus on giving Yir a proper response to their question instead asking “Why do you think Nestellbam is so bad?”

Yir was silent for a bit, unsure exactly what to say, but returned down “Long ago, before you or even your mother was brought below the Wrym came to me. It is a foul creature of darkness and the depths, taunting my blessed as fickle creations and spoke more than one prophecy of doom. The lightless creature wished to make a bargain most foul with me, the lives of two of my blessed for it’s unholy aid. I cast down my fury on the beast, damming it to the shadows for the Age as I would not allow it to slither out to take my blessing away from any. I will not forgive the creature, it’s damnation is certain as things stand.” Davanda felt horrible as Yir meant every word they said.

“They died.” Was what Davanda whispered out.

Again Yir contemplated, they were relieved but also hesitant for some reason “Really? Then… perhaps it’s evil finally caught up with it. One less threat for those of my blessing. Are you… sad about this?”

She was “I never knew them myself, but there were those that cared for them, that must have felt so terrible. Dulnori and everyone else there, they might not have showed it in a way that I could tell but I should have paid more attention...” Now she was confused again as to how she should have acted back then, was it right? Dulnori said she showed perfect manners, and her mother said she might have been helping even accidentally; but it nagged at her still.

Yir’s emotions soften again “That is a good way of thinking child, considering your lack of understanding of the Wrym. The people that it did enthral must ache at the loss, for it can be hard to understand that change is necessary especially when it is thrust upon them. They will heal in due time, I shall come to them in due time to mend all wounds left by the Wrym.” Yir meant well with that… maybe... yet still she did not feel that was quite what was needed.

Trying to take Yir’s mind off of this Davanda said. “While I was there I saw a great many creatures, their scales were gold and they soared through the air. They are dragons, like the Eldest up north though quite different looking. They help the people by answering prayers.”

Yir’s mind was indeed moved away from Nestellbam and to the dragons “Really? Interesting, I have only caught glimpses of the Eldest but it did seem mighty by mortal standards. Are these creatures stronger than it?”

Davanda shook her head ‘no’ for she had seen the Eldest before and knew it was far beyond the golden dragons “I don’t think anyone but Mother or her friends could really stand up against Tu’ul Arn; though I don’t think that sort of strength is necessary for what they do. They give wisdom and aid with the magic they have.”

Yir was excited for a bit, till suddenly they were not “I assume these creatures serve the Sand Worm?”

Davanda’s lip scrunched up not wanting to say it as she leaned against a corner “They do serve Dulnori, they act in their stead when they are away. Like mother does for-” she stopped as Yir’s… disappointment, anger, and loneliness rose again. Why? She did not know, and just stood there for a bit while Yir composed themselves.

“It makes sense.” was what Yir said on the matter. “I assume they treated you well? That… that is good at least.” This was actually a little bit of a nice surprise for Davanda, she smiled remembering her visit (after the palace) and travels so far as a whole.

“Hehe, yes I thought they treated me too well! I saw so many things there! I thought everything in the world could be found here or at Theshana, but I saw so many things and met so many people.”

She couldn't quite tell what Yir was feeling here “You’ve grown my child, more than I hoped. Continue to do so, good will come of it I am sure.”

"I will! Next time you look down I think you should..."
    Show
    Immortalize Davanda! 12ap/DC 8
    38 AP - 12 = 26 left

As Davanda grows up the divinity inside of her flares up, distancing herself from mortalkind in form as she grows close to them in spirit. It’s a biological process for her. This action is open to Dulnori and Su'ule, as they and their people have had influence over Davanda at this critical point in her life.

+2 Giant: Born from the greatest of giants she becomes even more resilient to damage than she was before, about as hard to hurt as a master perfectionist is now. Though this is not total immunity like Valrion has, it makes Davanda immune to most non-divine attacks.

+2 Sun: The sun is there for Davanda like it is any giant, each morning she is renewed as morning light erases any wounds and can even bring her back to life if she were to perish. Only natural features in the landscape that are permanent can block this ability, and even then the resurrection effect still applies under most circumstances (save for AP actions). This also effectively makes her immune to aging after she fully matures.

+2 Stonethroe: Where she grew up, and where she will return to if she is somehow forcibly placed in the Passing or her body is utterly destroyed. She will exit one of the portals on top of Stonethroe as a spirit, being restored as normal the next morning to flesh and blood. No barrier, obstacle, or guardian can slow her leaving the Passing as anything that tries fails. This also has the side effect of making her insubstantial in the Passing, unable to interact with anything just as the nothing there can affect her.

+1 Perfection: Davanda has learned to appreciate the focus and life-syle of perfecting a craft, even if she herself does not focus on such things. This is most notably seen in her magic, which she has a knack at learning new and impossible ways.

+2 Majesty: Davanda has the blood of Yir in them, and most mortals cannot strike at such a being or even stop her passing so long as she is not harming anyone. It will not even seem strange. In short she has a similar traveling blessing the 100 Founders had, though her teleportation is still more limited than theirs, and can still be temporarily broken should Davanda choose to harm another or break any law (that does not relate to travel, her being somewhere is not a crime).
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-05-10 at 09:20 PM.

20. - Top - End - #410
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Graw walks along with his friend Cheek across the Steppe. Many tongues and terrors looking in amazement, their father had returned…

Cheek looked at his body “You sure do know how to make people pay attention to you…”

“Being a God will do that...but if you’re around them long enough... they eventually get used to you...’ Graw commented. “...it is good to see my children are doing well despite my failings.”

Dulnori arrived as the whirlwind, “Hello Grawisson, I’m glad to see you’re back. Why have you decided to visit?

“you have heard about King Nero right?” Graw asked as he walked beside Dulnori. “He has caused a lot of damage, including our people’s relationship. I want to repair it.”

Cheek looked at the various tongues and terrors that were following them. “So are we going to get some privacy or…”

Not a bad idea, these issues would be better resolved more personally. Follow me Grawisson, everyone else stay here. ” The whirlwind lost its energy and fell onto ground, where the sand snaked its way through the earth, until it reached a chamber lit only by magma.

Cheek who was left behind turns towards all the tongues and terrors next to him. “ uhhh want to play some poker?”
    ____

Graw looked at the genie with suspicion. “... There must be a reason… You asked for… Privacy… Besides my friend asking…”

Of course there is, but first I’ll need a guarantee that nothing spoken here will leave this room.

Graw simply nodded in agreement.

The golem lifted Valrion’s axe, “When the time is right this weapon will cleave the sun in two, and I’ll need you to do everything you can to strengthen it. In exchange, I will help rebuild your city, and give you back this. ” Dulnori showed the rib bone he still had.

Graw put his hands on the shoulder of the genie. He saw everything Yir did. “So Yir has gone mad... I do not wish to do this... but I will help the best way... I can... but are you sure there’s... no other way?

There isn’t. So long as Yir lives the giants will remain enslaved. This was always how it was going to end, one way or the other. I know you have enough experience with demons to see that. ” Dulnori stretched out his hand, “Do we have a deal?

Graw lowered his head… “I understand… Sometimes it’s necessary… But it is not always pleasant…” he then grabbed Dulnori hand. “It is... agreed...with a heavy heart.”

Great, I’ll get to work. Feel free to stick around, though I don’t recommend talking to the Ceros too much, unless you have a good explanation for why they don’t have hands.

Spoiler: Help Graw:
    Show
    Dulnori blesses Ostrom’s economy and its culture.

+1 Sailing: Dulnori blesses Ostrom’s ships to sail without danger across the golden and crimson ocean, with the winds calm and easy to use.
    +2 Fortune: Ostrom shall attract trade and foreign investment as the repairs make confidence in their market surge.

+1 Dreams: A tongue named Cello experiences several long and memorable dreams of heroism and adventure in a far off land. Unknown to him, they are visions of the old steppe in the first age, when the Horizon Tribe united and the only currency was respect and glory.
    +2 Ambition: Cello will be driven to capture the emotions of these dreams and show them to the whole world. With this inspiration Cello shall become a great playwright, and rival to the more famous Violin. The competition between the two will force both to improve their skills dramatically.

These plays are all set in a mythologized version of the early Harken Steppe, called Kadana, a land of tall grass and great beasts populated by a multitude of strange tribes each with their own form of honor. A worm always shows up in some role, despite the obvious anachronism. These are tales of passion, drama, and feats of daring, built to entertain more than teach a lesson.

- The Chieftain's Knucklebones: A tale of a chieftain whose tribe is at a crossroads. He’s forced to decide whether to stay in his ancestral lands undergoing the deepest of famines, or to cross the great river of mystery in search of a better life. By chance he sees a worm and decides to roll dice with it, and loses. Taking it as an omen his people cross the river into the future, because if something as small as a worm can conquer a chieftain, then a man can conquer anything.

- A Druid’s Love: Set in the time of the first druids, who were inspired in their art by the wonderful motion of a strange worm. It’s a lighthearted affair, following two druids competing for the love of the same man, inventing new and more impressive displays of magic in an attempt to woo him, culminating in a vast flood that the heroine manages to stop. It’s popular, but notoriously difficult to stage, as the full production requires at least two talented mages, and most druids disagree with the way Cello portrayed their career.

- The Wrath of the Earth: One of his darker stories, it begins with a massive destructive earthquake started by the burrowing of a worm. Kadana is thrown into turmoil and the king must undergo a desperate struggle to retain order in his realm and prevent several tribes from leaving outright. It ends on a bittersweet note, as the king is able to repair the damaged earth and the tribes return to his fold, but not before one tribe is lost forever in the depths of a chasm.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2020-05-10 at 12:07 AM.

21. - Top - End - #411

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderML View Post

Davanda’s lip scrunched up not wanting to say it as she leaned against a corner “They do serve Dulnori, they act in their stead when they are away. Like mother does for-” she stopped as Yir’s… disappointment, anger, and loneliness rose again. Why? She did not know, and just stood there for a bit while Yir composed themselves.

“It makes sense.” was what Yir said on the matter. “I assume they treated you well? That… that is good at least.” This was actually a little bit of a nice surprise for Davanda, she smiled remembering her visit (after the palace) and travels so far as a whole.

“Hehe, yes I thought they treated me too well! I saw so many things there! I thought everything in the world could be found here or at Theshana, but I saw so many things and met so many people.”

She couldn't quite tell what Yir was feeling here “You’ve grown my child, more than I hoped. Continue to do so, good will come of it I am sure.”

"I will! Next time you look down I think you should..."
    [/td] [/tr] [/table]
    Show
    Immortalize Davanda! 12ap/DC 8
    38 AP - 12 = 26 left

As Davanda grows up the divinity inside of her flares up, distancing herself from mortalkind in form as she grows close to them in spirit. It’s a biological process for her. This action is open to Dulnori and Su'ule, as they and their people have had influence over Davanda at this critical point in her life.

+2 Giant: Born from the greatest of giants she becomes even more resilient to damage than she was before, about as hard to hurt as a master perfectionist is now. Though this is not total immunity like Valrion has, it makes Davanda immune to most non-divine attacks.

+2 Sun: The sun is there for Davanda like it is any giant, each morning she is renewed as morning light erases any wounds and can even bring her back to life if she were to perish. Only natural features in the landscape that are permanent can block this ability, and even then the resurrection effect still applies under most circumstances (save for AP actions). This also effectively makes her immune to aging after she fully matures.

+2 Stonethroe: Where she grew up, and where she will return to if she is somehow forcibly placed in the Passing or her body is utterly destroyed. She will exit one of the portals on top of Stonethroe as a spirit, being restored as normal the next morning to flesh and blood. No barrier, obstacle, or guardian can slow her leaving the Passing as anything that tries fails. This also has the side effect of making her insubstantial in the Passing, unable to interact with anything just as the nothing there can affect her.

+1 Perfection: Davanda has learned to appreciate the focus and life-syle of perfecting a craft, even if she herself does not focus on such things. This is most notably seen in her magic, which she has a knack at learning new and impossible ways.

+2 Majesty: Davanda has the blood of Yir in them, and most mortals cannot strike at such a being or even stop her passing so long as she is not harming anyone. It will not even seem strange. In short she has a similar traveling blessing the 100 Founders had, though her teleportation is still more limited than theirs, and can still be temporarily broken should Davanda choose to harm another or break any law (that does not relate to travel, her being somewhere is not a crime).
    Su'ule was lost in thought. Her telepathic voice would reverberate through Davanda's soul. "I favor you because you are one of the world's most compassionate."

Spoiler
    Show

+ 2 Sorcery : Davanda would know how to develop ritual magicks and would be empowered to count as many individuals for ritual magic, rather than just one, greatly empowering her.

+ 2 Monsters: Davanda would remember every monster that she learned about. Furthermore, she would develop a fascination for learning them, much the same as Cha'ad, creation of Chern possessed. Eventually her knowledge of monstrous beings would be encyclopedic.

+ 1 Birth : Davanda not only would have no problem having children, painlessly, but would also discover that her children would receive good fortune in their early years. Magical events would occur preventing them from harm, etcetera.

+ 1 Metamorphosis : Davanda would discover that repeated transformations would strengthen her physical body permanently. This would not be an instantaneous effect however. She would have to practice shape changing often.
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2020-05-10 at 08:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Ogre in the Playground

Davanad, Grawissen, Temefor Kraow, with others later - Yimor, Private Tutor Chambers - Sudden Visit:

Davanda having returned home had studies to pick up again, one of them being the art of singing. While musical arts were not highly regarded for the most part in the court, the heavenly notes of sahgori tradition was a favorite of the court; as well as something Valrion insisted Davanda learn the basics of despite Davanda’s general disinterest in the art. It was a rare day when the vocalist master Temedor Kraow, someone who dedicated themselves to the sahgori music and wished to see it endure, was able to schedule a full session with Davanda but today was an exception.

The chamber that the two were in was spacious and open, but far from extravagant as well as somewhat clustered due to the many manuscripts of ancient and new songs or correspondence on music that Temedor had laying around.

As they were going through the warm-ups Temedor tisked and nodded his head in open disappointment “Your majesty you need to practice more between our sessions! You have a marvelous voice, but if you do not practice it will mean nothing when you perform! It really does not take that long, less time than a walk through the streets.”

Davanda looked to the side, embarrassed especially since Temedor meant well and she could tell he felt somewhat insulted. “I’m sorry Mr. Kraow, I’ll try not to forget again. Things have just been so strange and busy recently I forgot.”

Temedor Kraow was a very focused man, if it did not enter his world of music he did not pay heed to it, but he gave a sigh and said “If you say so your majesty.” with a bit of a sad grin. “Let us begin in earnest now.”

“You have an... Eye for the arts it seems… a voice rang out. Suddenly in a flash of light Graw appeared upon the stage, Cheek sitting on upon his shoulder. “If you need any... lessons I can help…

Davanda saw the skeletal being appear on stage, with the astonished creature on it's shoulder fueling her own bit of panic at seeing Graw. Tremedor themselves instantly ran away from the frightening sight as Davanda herself stared for a bit at this thing that radiated no emotions from her point of view, it was quite frightening. She listened to them though, as she at the same time cast air wards around herself and prepared one of the orbs in her pocket just in case. Nero (who was sleeping in a corner of the room) hissed at the pair.

After she was done with that, Tremedor far gone screaming for help from the local guards stating that a giant beast had teleported in, Davanda very tensely looked at Cheek (thinking it was the only actually living thing there) finally saying "Umm, what do you mean? Who are you? You don't look like a legionnaire."

Cheek jumped off of Graw, “Probably should’ve known you would scare some people with that look, why don’t you put on friendly face…”

Graw nodded in agreement, there was a bright flash of green light, after than a regular tongue stood on the stage. “I am so used to...the Prehist and Gods... being used to me...never realize that I’m scary to some… Graw then turned towards Davanda. “As I was saying... would you be interested in.. some lessons from me...Grawissen”

That explained why she could not sense his emotions. But still, Davanda had to contain a sigh at another part of her personal life that was getting involved in the world of the divine. She instead gave the best smile she could (which was far from perfect), and said with a somewhat flat voice due to still being stunned by the entrance "Oh, I guess that makes sense Grawissen." How did she get used to gods and other mythical figures being a part of her life? Is she used to it?

"Merr-ow?" said Nero, unsure now.

Davanda turned back to the winged cat saying "It's ok Nero, I don't think they're bad." turning back to Grawissen she said "Thank you but I don't think I need music lessons Mr. Grawissen. Mother has already scheduled enough as is. Do you need to see mother?" She asked, because why would the Bone Lizard need to see her for anything else but to meet her mother?

”Are you Sure...I can show you...truly magic that...can be done with a...simple. Suddenly a bunch of magical instruments appears behind him.

Davanda stared and tried to keep the off-putted look on her face to a minimum as she listened. When Grawissen finished she gave a few claps, the sweat on her brow and awkward smile showing that it might have been a bit forced.

"That was certainly quite interes-" She was interrupted by a voice up above.

"Another with a voice like mine, such a rare sight to see in villany. Still...."

Spoiler: Wickered, Immortal of the Sahgori Song
    Show

"Say your goodbyes you dastardly fiend, for by my voice you must flee. AhhhhAAAAAHH~!" Was all he said as he commanded the tongue and raptor's bodies to be split in half, then disappear so that the lady would not have to see them die.

Nothing happened to either of them. Graw floated up to Wickered with lightning speed ”...Sir... I’m trying to...get to know...Davanda and you come in… Attempting to kill me and my friend… Please don’t make me use force… To stop you from killing people… As Graw stared at him he could feel the ungodly energy coming from him.

Cheek looked over at Davanda “Who’s the crazy floating guy who’s barely in another clothing.” Cheek asked in annoyance.

Wickered barely flinched at the sight of Graw, their pride and shining light almost felt like it was defying the power of Graw. His face did show surprise though.

Davanda was wide-eyed at what Graw said and looking up at the shining figure said "Mr. Wickered?! They are not bad! I know Mr. Tremedor might have been scared but still..."

Ignoring Graw Wickered looked down to Davanda, moving to her side in an instant. "Your majesty this whole part of the city is in a frightful panic, and I cannot risk your life no matter what. Please retreat back to your home, I shall deal with them."

Davanda could feel the desire to look heroic radiating off of Wickered, but was annoyed by the gesture. "They are here for me, you should go. If there are people panicking, you are suited to helping them are you not?"

A little surprised at Davanda’s attitude, and knowing that he would not be able to move her, Wickered gave a confident smile "It may prove wise to do just that, if you think these things will not attack." He gave Graw and Cheeks a glare before disappearing.

After a moment growing red and embarrassed Davanda put her head down and said "I'm sorry, he means well I'm sure."

”I’m sorry… For the annoyance this has… Bought upon you... Graw said sincerely. ”I might as well get to the point… I want help with my people… Would you be willing… To do that for me.”

Davanda looked at Graw, softly laughing at how things have been turning out today. It makes her feel tired. "I'll help, but what are you doing?"

“You have no idea what we went through.” Cheek simply commented. “... All I have to say is if you die make sure your corpses is somewhere no one can take it.”

”Anyway, The Prehist have had a rocky history so I want to help them reach a new Golden age. Advancing their culture, technology, arts, and helping them come together. Did you be willing to help me?” Graw slightly begged as he bowed at her

What Cheek said was a bit disturbing, but more on Davanda’s mind was that once again she was thrust into something far bigger than herself, and she still did not know how to feel about it. She wished her mother was here... but she was in a meeting and Davanda did not want to interrupt that just because she was nervous. Instead she said "Please Mr. Grawissen don't do that! Umm, what do you want me to do?"

Graw looked at her worried face. ”I understand… I making you worried… I will go then… Maybe we can meet again… On much better terms...however I will keep my action open… If you want to help… Some time later...

Cheek then jumped on Graw’s back. “When we’re talking to someone who doesn’t know you make sure to take this form next time.” Then they disappeared in a flash of light.

Davanda herself just stood there dumbfounded at how fast Grawissen left, after telling her about the Pehist’s need for aid and her agreeing to help. She did not know what to think as the god left, relief? No, there were still people that might need her help. She just felt worried. Maybe she should speak to her mother about this after all…

(Later, on their balcony)

Valrion quickly made time to meet with Davanda when news of the panic in Yimor reached them, forcing Wickered to work on calming the crowds with their vocal power. If they had not been there things could have gotten out of hand in that part of the city.

Davanda did not like interrupting Valrion during the middle of the day, they got scarily serious especially when it came to things like this. While this was mostly the case, her mother still gave her a pat on the back before they sat down to speak.

Valrion listened to the version of events that Davanda experienced, resting their head to the side with one hand and sighing afterwards saying “The Bone Lizard once again foolishly underestimated the level of harm they can cause, even if it came in good faith. Do you intend to help it still?”

Davanda had her hands in her lap as she looked to the side “I do, he’s not asking for anything bad… and I feel bad with what happened with Mr. Wickered.”

Valrion rolled their eyes, unconcerned “You should not be, he was trying to protect you and eliminate a threat that teleported directly next to you. Unlike you or me most mortals cannot tell someone’s intentions just by looking at them, and in moments like that a second or two of questioning if he was right or not could have led to your death in his mind. You were scared of Grawissen yourself because you could not tell what their intentions were if I remember right? Wickered and most other mortals have to live with that uncertainty every day while looking at everyone.”

“I know that! But still it did not feel right…” She did not know how to describe it, but she still felt like Grawissen was wronged somehow. “And those people deserve to be happy, right? If I can help in that why shouldn’t I try?”

Valroin’s expression lightened a bit, proud of Davanda “Indeed, it does not matter what the Bone Lizard may have done, you are right.” They used their other hand to scratch their chin thinking “I will aid in this task as well” they snaped their fingers in a way that echoed in the air and said “by MY will shall they find good trade with sugrandi in the future as my understanding shall be given to their merchants and such understanding given in return.”

Spoiler: Valrion’s Help for Graw!
    Show
    +2 Giant: Giants and the Prehist are inclined to make good trade between each other, as each other's merchants get along with the other better than with other culture’s merchants. This blessing is not noticeable now, and will need hundreds of years to reach its full potential.

The story of the promised land’s riches will be sung of below, and the stone works will be told of above. Eventually the Story of Two Worlds will come about, how the two are separate halves of stone and gold (the Prehist being the stone and the promised land being the gold). It’s not sung but music is played while the story is told.

Davanda was a bit off-putted with how casually they proclaimed that blessing. “Mother, is it right to bless them like that?”

Valrion seeing Davanda’s feelings thought on it “Perhaps it is cruelty through ignorance to bless them so casually, but I do not have the time to spare to make a detailed survey on the needs of the people there and how I might apply my power to the situation. I just… do not have the time. I can only gift them something of general aid and hope they learn how to use it to their advantage.” Valrion smiled a little “People are good at taking even a disadvantage and turning it into an advantage at times. Don’t worry my gift shall bring good in time I’m sure. If you wish to aid the Bone Lizard, why not follow what advice it did give you, vague though it may be?”

Davanda was still unsure, but then again maybe that’s how Grawissen would have prefered her to act. He did leave after she asked for clarification. “I suppose…. But mother, how can I do what you did?”

Valrion straightened themselves saying “Hmm, I suppose it might be like solarmancy, but with you being the source instead of Yir. You take your light, and sensing the divine change of the world will what you wish to happen.” Davanda gave an unconvinced look and Valrion could feel the skepticism that Davanda had “Try, please. You have to experience it to learn.”

Davanda put one hand to her chest with the other in front of them. Solarmancy, but using herself… and focus it on the change Grawissen’s making. She thought about what he said, about his visit, recalled every detail she could about his visit and the Prehist. Still unsure if it would do anything said “Let them work well together on the path to creating their culture!”

Spoiler: Davanda’s Help to Graw!
    Show
    +2 Harmony: The Prehist will be able to easily work together in tasks that have to do with their culture. While this applies to many different fields, it’s most obvious in musicals and other arts that deal with large groups of people.

She felt something in her move and escaped out into the world like a silent sound that only she and Valrion seemed to feel. Valrion nodded but looked out into the distance.

“You will be able to recognize that in time as well, for all the gods who see this change of the Bone Lizard will be able to tell what you have done.” That made Davanda’s eyes light up in embarrassment. Quickly looking back at Davanda Valrion reassured her with “Do not worry! You’ve given great aid, I’m sure the others will appreciate it.”

“I hope so mother…”
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-05-10 at 10:54 PM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Chern, 28 AP, Darius' studio

Darius felt his strength beginning to return. He managed to roll onto his side, propping himself up with one elbow. The golden man - had that really been Valrion of the ICA and old Sugradi Empire? - was gone, but Chern remained. He had released his grip on the statue of himself, and was backing away. His lamp-like yellow eyes were widened with awe, perhaps even fear. At first Darius couldn't tell what had him so enraptured, until he followed his stare, and found it met by the eyes of his statue. Something was off... Darius hadn't sculpted it to look down at quite that angle.

Suddenly, it was looking at Darius.

"By the gods..." The artist crawled backwards, colliding with the plinth displaying Alatadriel's broken torso. He leaned back into the stone, cowering under the living statue's glare until it finally looked away. The statue inspected its large bronze hands, set surely at the end of wiry forearms and thickly corded biceps, crossed all over by metallic welt-like veins. It turned them over a few times, glanced briefly at Chern, then returned its eyes to Darius.

"Gods?" it said in a voice as smooth as a reverberating gong. When Darius didn't reply, it repeated, "What gods?"

"You... Don't know the gods?" Darius pointed to the less animate statues above and around him. "They're all here."

The living statue of Chern - the Chad - looked about at the other statues.

"They look old and broken," he said bluntly, "yet you swear by them. Why?"

"They're better in person, uh..." he glanced at Chern, "usually."

The statue caught the look. He turned to Chern, who flinched involuntarily.

"You are a god?" he asked.

Chern nodded. "I am Chern, god of decay."

The barest hint of a sneer played across the bronze lips. "And what gives you this authority over decay, Chern?"

"My divine powers and insight," Chern mumbled with some indignance. "I may limit my grandeur for the sake of the downtrodden, but the extent of my domain is beyond any mortal."

"The downtrodden..." He turned once again to Darius, his dull metallic eyes somehow more piercing than Chern's luminous ones. "Is that what you are? A downtrodden mortal?"

"Well," the artist puffed out his chest, even as he lay cowed on the marble floor, "I wouldn't go as far as that."

"Then what is downtrodden? Is it me?"

"No!" Chern hastened. "You are not downtrodden - you are anything but. For I have raised you up."

Plate metal strained as the statue furrowed his brow suddenly. "You have raised me up?"

"Yes, yes," Chern nodded earnestly. "You were a statue of my likeness, made by Darius Atlas, and I saw my ideals reflected so strongly in your visage that I gave you life with which to enact them."

The living statue's hand drifted thoughtfully to his face, as if searching for a mask to mirror Chern's. Once again, he addressed Darius. "Is this true, Darius Atlas?"

"Yes," he admitted, "I sculpted you. Chern animated you. It's a miracle."

"And so you swore by the gods." He breathed in deeply, toned curiass of chest swelling and falling. "I believe I understand now."

"Good, most good! I am so happy you understand, counterpart Chern. The things we'll accomplish-"

Chern was silenced by the statue raising an outstretched palm. He spoke a single word, from the depths of his forged body.

"No."

Chern blinked.

"What?"

"I refuse you. I refuse your authority. I refuse your name. I refuse your warped ideals. I refuse everything about you, Chern, god of decay."

The statue took a step forward, and with a mighty clang he dropped from the plinth to the gallery floor. Chern shrank back, falling to one knee. His wild glare met the statue's steely one, as the statue slowly approached.

"You can't refuse what you are!" Chern protested, his voice hissing with alarm. "You are Chern."

"Why? Because you gave me life? Because a man molded me into a shape that he claims represents you?"

"Because you were imbued with my power... Those very things you reject course through your being. Why are you saying all this?"

The statue stopped in front of Chern, staring down at him with clenched fists. Fury flashed in his yellow-bathed face.

"It's true. I feel this power of which you speak. Your sway over the cycle, your endurance in the face of oppression. These are within me. But do you know what is not within me? Any trace of goodwill towards you, nor the barest shred of respect for your authority. You are so utterly debased... Seeking to drag down the world into your pit of mewling impotence. To subjugate yourself and the mortal world to the universe's inevitability. All the while, thinking you belong with them... That you're somehow, paradoxically, their equal. No. You are their lesser, Chern. For you cannot grow. You can only shrink and sap, like a parasite. I shall not let you parasite off of me.

Lower and lower Chern bowed his head, twitching as though dealt physical blows by the Chad statue's words until he lay fetal at his feet. With one large, shimmering eye Chern peered up at his scornful likeness.

"No... No... This cannot be..."

"It is. You have failed, Chern. You refute yourself. Your authority means nothing."

"Stop... I beg of you..."

"You cannot tell me what to do. You are not me. You are not my god. No one is. No authority makes demands of me. I am my own authority."

Chern's body began to shift unnaturally. Piece by piece, the avatar began to flake apart, his shreds writhing on the floor. The statue glowered.

"Have you nothing to say in your defense?"

Every syllable tore Chern further asunder, until his rags drooped and his mask sat lopsided on half a face. Before long the lowly god's form was engulfed in a squealing, wriggling mass of worms. The gallery was silent, as the worms of Chern crawled about at the feet of his own statue. The bronze man shook his head, looking up into the middle distance as though he were either too repulse or too pitying to maintain eye contact.

"Pathetic," he said. Then he stepped through the mass of worms, and walked towards Darius. The artist goggled at him in terror, but found himself offered a hand up by the stern being. He accepted cautiously, pulling himself to his feet using the immobile support of his Chad.

"You are Darius Atlas, correct?" he asked curtly.

"I am."

"You created me. Correct?"

"Well... You heard the story, I did sculpt you."

"You have my respect for the craftsmanship of this body, Darius. I wish to repay your kindness."

Darius only looked surprised for a moment, then he straightened his doublet and nodded respectfully.

"Of course, if you wish."

"Then I would like to see your tools. It is only just that the tools that you wielded to make me, should be the tools that I wield in turn."

"Of course, Chad. If you would follow me."

"What did you call me?"

Darius blanched. "I-I'm sorry, I did not mean-"

"What does Chad mean?"

"It... It is the name my people have for our concept of Chern. I did not mean offense."

"I am not offended." The statue paused in thought, his posture gleaming in the light from a high vaulted window. "Who are your people, Darius?"

"The Atlans. My name, Darius Atlas, means that I am of the Atlan people."

The statue cast his eyes once more around the pantheon statues, passing by the heaped remains of Chern dismissively. He shrugged.

"This shall be my name," he declared, "Chad Atlas.

"It's a pleasure, Chad. Now, to the workshop! And perhaps the wardrobe too, your body is a masterwork but if you plan to go outside then I think you'll need clothes."

The two of them left the gallery, leaving the churning mass of worms to laboriously crawl away on its own.

24. - Top - End - #414
    Dwarf in the Playground

Alatadriel sat with a pile of letters carefully sealed in envelopes, the paper within carefully pressed so as not to leave a single smudge on them. Before she started to deliver her daughter's letters though she had some minor business to deal with
    Spoiler: hinder
    Show
    Tsk, Tsk. Su'ule. Always giving power to people that can't handle it. Just throwing out power like a child who was given their first allowance.
    -2 Fire, A magical fire surrounds the egg for an hour right before it is born. No matter how hard she may try she will find herself incapable of forcing any of her power over fire. Along with this, the demigoddess of force will find any amount of fire unbearably hot if she is within a hundred feet of it.
    -1 Bees, She'll be allergic to honey. Not deathly allergic, but she will never be able to fully enjoy honey in her life.
    -2 Civil Engineering, Even the simplest public works project or wall will take a harsh and untold amount of her power to topple.

With that, she was off to deliver letters to the guests of honor along with the various generic letters that were under Rosalin's words "Be given to everyone within a thousand-furlong radius that isn't noble.

Dear Chern, The Wiltwatcher
    I was debating whether or not to invite you as I heard you aren't particularly fond of parties, which is fine, but our entertainment actually asked for you by name. A Captain Vidlans, I'm not sure what he's Captain of as he doesn't seem to own a ship, but he is quite a charming fellow.
    PS: Bring a lot of Chum.
    Sincerely, Rosalin Ravenhold.

Dear Chad Atlas, Bronze Demigod of Abs
    I could beat you in a fight. Bring Food though.
    Sincerely, Rosalin Ravenhold

Dear Grawissen, The Newly Revived God
    I've got revived before too. ****s with you doesn't it? Anyway, I would like to have a one on one conversation with you and why you haven't spread anti-monarchical, and anti-imperialist texts as your role as god of knowledge and protector of the Prehist people.
    Also, bring food

Dear Deja Vu, The Martial Artist Hero
    Listen, I understand the various kiaa's and how one may have a certain respect for a distinctive call in battle. However, Ora is an improper release of the breath and spirit along with being annoying and not only unneeded but a detriment when used for every strike.
    PS: Bring Food

Dear Kahar-Djin, The Master of Thresholds and Paths
    I have a friend, a path of discipline walker, and he REALLY wants to talk to you about the definition of discipline and how the Northern Monastery is mistaken in their definition as such. He believes you could correct this deficit.
    Food would be appreciated.

Dear Avestra, Goddess of the Wilds
    Honestly, the piece of wood inside my soul hasn't been much of a detriment... But I'd rather not have it in me. Please take it out without damaging me or my soul.

Dear Ymon-Thal, The Gods of Life and Death.
    I don't know if I needed two letters or not. Either way, It would be very rude to not invite you two as the party is explicitly about removing me from the cycle of life and death... That's a lot creepier sounding when I write it down.
    I don't know if either of you eats food, but it would be appreciated if you brought some.

Dear Thal-Verys, Psychopomp of Wayward Souls
    There's a lot of weird misconceptions about souls, their nature, and their metaphysics in the Empire. I'd really appreciate it if you came and cleared up some of these superstitions.
    Bring food, won't you?

Dear Ymon-Desha, Buff Body Demigoddess
    Hey? How's that kale shake working out for you? I've really been looking forward to meeting you so that we can have a real fight! Or at the very least see who can do the most push-ups. Which is me, by the way! You ain't got grit!
    PS: Bring food. I can probably beat ya in an eating contest too!

Dear Timorin, The Righteous God of War
    Don't start more fights than there already will be.

Dear Dulnori, God of Fortune.
    We're gonna have a lot of gambling and usually, I wouldn't care. But there will be enough people that we probably need someone to keep them fair. If you have any tarot cards bring them

Dear Nerassus, Leader of a Unviersity
    My mom said that I had to invite you.
    Turn to back.

Dear Petr, Mistress of the Waters
    My mom actually said not to invite you and that's why I put the invite on the back. Normally, I'd let my mom have her way but we're gonna need a lot of healers on site. Bring a couple of ice baths if you can. Inadrites aren't good at cyromancy.

Dear Davanda, Daughter of Valrion
    Having godly parents can suck. No one knows who you are here so I thought you'd be able to live it up a bit. Moshing, Chumming, Gambling, we'll have it all. Big women do well among the Orcs too.

Alatadriel, The Ravenhold Memorial Palace, 42/100 AP
    "YARHARHARHAR! LET ME TELL YE! I AIN'T COVERED A PARTY LIKE THIS IN THE LAST HUNDRED YEARS MICK!" The Loud voice of Vidlans yelled as he squat danced across a table. Stopping only to fill his mug from one of the kegs as he danced back. Not spilling a drop as he got back to the band.

Another master fire dancer looked mildly annoyed as he played the drums. "Get going! We need a baritone for the next song!"

"Ah! Come on, Micky! I'm more professional than that! I just needed to wet me whistle! People love me dancing too!" He yelled drinking more ale from his mug.

"I don't know what's got you so happy. This party goes against all my theories of a happy life. One should maximize their own happiness by avoiding future suffering."

"And I told ye! Ye be full of ****e! Happiness be made by the conceptualization of sadness! We need a good amount of suffering in our lives to live a happy life!"

"I'm starting to think I could have avoided suffering by not booking a party with you."

"Ye know that ya love me!"

"Ah, shut up and get singing!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZrAQ5qY2uA

"AHAHAHA! You think I can't do better than that! I'll beat ya without even spilling my drink!" Rosalin took off an iron bar that was on one of the pony kegs. She took it between her two hands, holding her drink with two fingers as she bent the bar around itself. "Easy Peasy!"

"Ah! I bet you used warrior magic!"

"I mean have you seen these biceps bro! This is all-natural baby!" She flexed her arm as she took a deep quaff from her mug, spilling the drink all over her shirt. She simply threw the tankard behind her as she took a better grip on the bent piece of iron "Oy! Even without warrior magic, I've got a better aim than you! Watch this! DAVY STAND STILL!"

"If you use me as a-" Before Davy could finish, Rosalin threw the iron bar, bouncing it off a door frame, and having it ricochet off of Davy, the bar taking out a pillar in the railing.

"AAAAAAAAH! TWENTY POINTS!"

"If this building could feel, it'd be very hurt by your actions." He said carefully placing down mortar.

"Ah! I always hated the palace! Best Palace my ass, I kept getting lost, and it's hard to defend!"

"Please do not demolish one of the world's greatest works of art."

"Ah, he's probably right. Try to keep the structural damage to a minimum... You know what we can destroy though?" She took the pony keg and bust a hole in the side. Pouring the contents over herself before passing it to the next guest who did the same thing as they went forward finishing the last of the keg. "EEEEEH! Now I'm covered in ****ing beer! YO! HAVE YOU SEEN THE ****ING BATHS YET! Have you ever taken a hot bath! I was like... Woah! And then I was like... YEAH! Anyway! I'm getting naked now!" She took off her top and tossed it into the corner. Cheers going up from the guests, some men and a great number of Orcish Women stopping their fights to clap or holler as she pushed past everyone with her massive bulk as she made her way to the baths.

Outside of the castle, as guests were getting busy in the bushes, there was a sizeable crowd gathering around the flagpole. All of the members were looking up at a lean man in robes sitting crosslegged atop the pole "Hey! You alright up there! You want one of us to get you!"

"Ah, it's no use. He's been up there since he's got here." An older man said.

"Whatcha think he's doing up there though?"

"I don't know. Looks to be meditating."

"Yeah, but what do you think he's doing it up there for?"

"I dunno... Maybe it makes your head clearer?"

The younger man spotted a lower flagpole. "I'm gonna see what all the fuss is about up there."

A Sinalese woman who was sitting below the pole looked over at the man. "'ey, be careful! If ya fall you'll break someone's bones when you land on them."

The younger man climbed his way past a couple sitting below the pole as he nearly kicked a woman reading standing to close to the pole. "I climbed trees taller than this when I was five! I ain't got nothing to worry about."
    As he reached halfway up the pole people started to gather below him as well. Some out of concern, others simply out of wanting a show. Other than a brief slip that had the audience gasp, the climb was rather uneventful. Carefully, the man positioned himself on top of the pole. Not bothering to sit cross-legged like his compatriot on the taller pole. "Oy! What's it like up there!?" One of the people jeered.

The man looked out over the vast manicured woodlands surrounding the castle as the people below passed in a throng. "... It's kind of peaceful actually. Might stay up a bit longer."

"Don't you feel a little sick up there? Like you wanna puke from the height?"

"Well... I'm not sick, but I'm not well."

"Hey! No fooling around in the baths! By the holy flame, are you guys animals or something? We've got like over a hundred rooms in this damn place." Rosalin stumbled towards the pool, Chomping off a ham bone before setting it down on a table. She struggled to get her shoes off as she sat on one of the benches, letting out a loud burp as she did. "Ugh, Should've paced yourself. Ya ain't as young as you used to be."

"Hey! Hey! Don't throw him in the hot baths! He's still bleeding! Throw 'em in the ice bath! That's what they're there for! Third door on the left." Rosalin said, her pants around her legs. "Whatcha staring at!? Didn't your mother ever tell ya that it's rude to stare!"

The two carrying the man looked to each other, having a hushed conversation before nodding to each other as one of them spoke up. "Not a fan of undergarments?"

"A commander going commando, baby!" She slapped her built thighs to emphasize her point.

The two had another hushed conversation before saying "Yeah, that's fine. Just wondering."

Rosalin shrugged sinking into the bath. Scooping up some of the iced juice not far from the benches and quaffing it. "That hits the spot." A hot bath, she hadn't had one in a long time... A really long time. The last hot bath she had was... When she was in college and still lived on the campus. That was a long time ago. Over five hundred years ago in fact. They say that the palace actually had one of the first bathhouses in existence. She really doubted that, but pfft, she had no way of knowing. On the step of the baths, she folded her legs in and leaned back enjoying the warm waters. She closed her eyes. Maybe there was something to the whole meditation thing.
    After about ten minutes her peace was interrupted when someone loudly cleared their throat. Rosalin's mother floated above her. "I don't mean to interrupt your relaxing dear, I know it's your party, but-"

Rosalin stretched her whole body, cracking her neck in the process. "Ah! Yeah! I know, there's a reason behind the party and I ain't received it." Rosalin stumbled a bit when she got out but remained fairly steadfast as she dried herself off.

"Dear, Is there a reason that your shirt isn't in your pile of clothes?"

"Don't need it."

"... I think you do."

"Eh, guys walk around without shirts all the time. If they don't need no shirt than I don't need no shirt."

"Listen, I don't really get that part myself, but I've been told that it's quite rude for a woman to walk around shirtless."

Rosalin shrugged as she put her pants back on. "The guest rooms have some guest garments in them. I'll go get a new shirt in a bit."

"Rosalin... Immortality is a decision that should not be made lightly Are you certain that you want to go through with this?"

Rosalin didn't look up as she laced up her boots. "I know that I look lackadaisical. But I don't take things lightly. I may be impulsive, but I ain't dumb Ma."

"It's a very big decision. It's never too late to ask."

"Ya already brought me back to life. Ain't no reason to back out now."

Rosalin stood at a raised dais. A blood-red tunic on as her mother stood above her in the last step. A large crowd gathered around as the red flaming brand was held effortlessly in the gentle hands of the goddess as the braziers burned a deep blue, the brand depicted a fox chasing a flame, the two intermingled as if they were one and the same. "Rosalin Ravenhold, the one true daughter of Alatadriel and bridge between the mortal and the divine. We are gathered here today to celebrate your ascension. No... You would not like such a phrase. You are not to be held above mortals, but here as the ever-present reminder of their own power. As you would say, the common man has so much more power in them than any one person. May your immortality let you gently guide the people of this world in my absence. The flame of parent passed down to that of their child."

"Like a candle passing its flame. I shall serve in your absence, as a regent to their king, and as a king to their people. I shall always be reminded me of the duty to my people by the brand upon my skin. I hope to serve them faithfully so that one day, they shall be unneeded of my presence above them. That we may turn to true equality in my nation. A land without noble, or merchant above peasant."
    The brand was placed inches above her skin. "Do you accept these duties as you have foretold. Speak now, or forever beholden to a false promise."
    "I speak as true any may speak before their lord, their goddess, and highest of holies." With that sentence, Rosalin pulled down her shirt, exposing a place below her clavicle that had not yet been touched by tattoos. A circle waiting to be filled. The brand was pressed against her skin. A single yelp of pain was heard before grinding of teeth for only two seconds. And then it was over. Rosalin got up slowly covering back up her chest. She quickly regained her stance as she took a flask from her hip with one hand and a torch with the other. She took a gulp of chum from her flask and blew it into the torch. A blaze of flame going through the sky as she made her way down the steps. "Well, I ain't gonna have us all standing around all day like a bunch of chickens waiting for their heads to be cut! Come on! Where's da music! I want a mosh!"

"Oh, I'll be taking this own Micky. I know ye ain't good with-"

"Moshes are harmless fun. The jubilant experience far outweighs the minor bruises one should have from a proper mosh! I can go very hard, Vidlans! So I say it's best that you keep up!" The drummer stood up, strapping their drum to their chest before addressing the audience "ARE YOU READY TO LISTEN TO SOME MUSIC WITH ROCKS IN IT!" He shouted to a wail of cheers as he started the song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfDDgekcoS8
    Spoiler: action
    Show
    12 AP/8 DC: immortalise Rosalin Ravenhold
    +2 Fire, the brand inflicted across Rosalin's skin is infused with divine magic. This should keep her incapable of dying through any sort of mundane means used to afflict her outside the body. This does not however affect any mental or soul-based attacks.
    +2 Willfulness, Rosalin can use her willpower to counteract any harmful effects done to her body so that she is not raked with pain when struck. When focused on any part of her body she can withdraw the pain from that area so long as she does not lose focus. This willpower will also help her protect against any mental or soul-based attacks only a master of such techniques being able to inflict real damage onto her with such things.
    -2 Mundane, Sadly with Rosalin's power so does come her weakness. While she may not be killed if her body is inflicted with too much damage it will enter a coma-like state for a number of years depending on the severity of the damage. If the factor causing the damage is environmental she will not be killed instead enter any even longer state of comatose as her body adapts to these new conditions to allow her to get out of this dangerous situation.
    I prefer a keg of beer!

25. - Top - End - #415
    Ogre in the Playground

Hope Thalia set out with the pickaxe on a ship with some of the most skilled transmuters, shamans, and enchanters in the cult. Their destination: northeast towards the godless islands that spanned the ocean between the stricken lands and Axia. In their hold they brought vials of beastfolk blood, numb rock, shadow essence, manacaps and anything else they thought might be of value.

After months of difficult journey, during which Thalia trained her various abilities constantly, they arrived on the islands. Once dropped off, Thalia and her experts were left on the closest of the islands.

Thalia moved through the island until she found someone she felt was trustworthy. With a deep bow she greeted the stranger. "I am Thalia Soul Bound, First Hope of the Cult of the Mad God, Timorin. I and my companions come to show you the glory of our people and invite you to become a part of them."

The woman smirks. "What do you have that we could need? We have seen your path travellers and the golden ships with dragons. For millenia they come and tell us of the glory of their gods but what have they done to show us of such? We have seen no gods in these lands, as if we do not even exist. Why would you be any different?"

Thalia stood and faced the strange woman. "I am the voice of Lord Timorin among mortals. I am him and come with all of his power at my command. Let me teach your people what we have come to show you and then I shall let you decide whether we what we bring is worthwhile."

The woman shrugs and smiles. "It is not my decision. I am not the leader here."

Thalia smirks. "By the end, that might not be the case."

Spoiler: Action
    Show
    Action: Influence 100,000 people 12AP/8DC
    Influence covers a few things:
    Convert the population of the islands between Axia and the Stricken Lands to the cult of the mad god, making them an officially recognized sect
    Create a new form of combat/martial art detailed below: The Way of the Beast
    Teach this new combat style to the residents of the lands

The Way of the Beast is dependent primarily on three schools of magic: Transmutation, Nature, and Enchanting to an extent.

The system focuses on embracing nature and animals and using their skills to their advantages.

One major step is to create Dire Animals. Dire animals are when you use Shamanism gradually each day to grow an animal far bigger than they would normally grow. You feed them a little Mana each day with the spell Grow Animal. It's small amounts but over time, the animals will be far bigger than their species could dream of naturally. These changes do not breed true of course and must be done with each generation. This does not extend animal lifespans so the biggest results would be seen in long lived animals.

Then you have the use of Transmutation to mimic abilities of animals. Through the blessings of Su'ule and the creation of the beastfolk, the Thalia teaches these people to use Transmutation for the following effects: weave web like a spider, release and smell pheromones to communicate and help control animals, grow gills, echolocation, produce their own wool, produce venom, etc.

The third and final part of the combat style is using knowledge of the environment and gifts of the cult in combat. They learn to turn numb rock into a sedative they use in small darts and amberis throwing stars. They grow manacaps in their free time to help increase their Mana when in combat. They learn to escape up walls and across water using magics. They make knives and throwing stars deadly just by using a little well time Transmutation and enchanting to drastically increase their damage.

All in all I'm going for Nature Ninja.

+2 Cult of the Mad God
    +2 War
    +2 Architecture because they learn to craft structures like nests and webs and burrows from animals, able to replicate them and improve them for their personal needs.
    +2 Sacrifice: Some of the skills become specialized where people take on the task of constantly fuelling venom filled fangs or spider silk creation in the interest of using it to strengthen the power of the cult as a whole. As well as some will give up their homeland (for a time at least) in order to travel through the cult and start to spread this combat style.
    -2 Frail: The hope is trying to create a new combat style

Due to the nature of the action.... Haha pun not intended... Avestra is invited if they would like to interact with it.

I am also inviting Dulnori, Petr and Ala.

If desired more formal invites can be created.

Last edited by gac3; 2020-05-22 at 04:30 AM.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Graw teleported with his friend Cheek to the grassy lands of Gnaw. “Nice place…” Cheek commented, still riding upon Graw’s shoulder. “It would’ve been nice if we knew you could do from the start…”

“Forgive me... My friend...I wasn’t exactly… In my right mind… Or body.”

“It’s fine.” He mumbled as he patted Graw on the head, “by the way is anyone gets confused that your name was similar To this land?”

“you have... no idea…” Graw stopped himself in front of Su lair. “Greetings Su... it has been a while…

"Oh. I haven't seen you in centuries. I thought you were dead."

Graw shook his head. “In truth… I do not know what happened...it felt like...my life been drained… and then I woke up in... a mortal body... Graw turned towards his mortal friend. “Luckily I had help… But I will investigate what... happened to me later... after I’m done catching up.”

"Whoah, do you know what happened to the others? Like Opulon?"

“ I do not know... it is something… To look into.. But for now I want to ask for help… For my people… Graw then saw the egg Su was carrying. “...and I will help... You as well…

"Ah. Okie dokie. What do you need, Graw?"

“Help my people... bring upon... a new golden age for themselves… Graw then raised her hand towards her.

"Uh, yes of course. . . No problem there. Now what do you have in mind for my baby?"

“knowledge and so much more...

Spoiler: Su helps
    Show

+ 2 Sorcery : Graw's people would be able to understand counter spells and ways to ward off magic through the schools of magic better than others, + 2 Monsters : Warding off monsters through figurines/statues are available as an option to them as well. + 1 Birth : Like the others of Su'ule's favored and blessed, Graw's people would have unusually good graces having babies with fewer complications, + 1 Metamorphosis

Spoiler: Graw help
    Show

+2 knowledge: will have an extensive knowledge of magical spells, easily becoming a master Su speaker
    +2 mining: The rocks that sleep around will be imbued with magic, the material will be called monster rock, and will become one of the most valuable materials for enchantment.
    +2 Heroism: He will defend his home and people to the bitter end from outside forces
    +1 writing: despite being a hulking monster you will have an elegant writing style.
    +1 singing: He will have an amazing singing voice, his voice will go over mountains and be blessing to all that here it.

____
    Bay Jungle

Ten Pygmies corpses laid on the ground next to a cell door, a changeling walked upon the corpses. “That Choblin will pay…” he then morphed into a Raven and flew out the underground prison.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2020-05-14 at 03:37 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The leaf floated above the world, carried by unnatural winds, until it arrived at the face of the sun.

He simply said, Hello, Yir. I’ve come to speak with you face to face, in a sense.

The leaf glowed with the focus of Yir, it's radiance taking note of the small thing beneath it. "Hmm? What have you come to me for? To speak foul words of darkness and evil like your dead foul-kin? I will not stand to have you waste MY time with such nonsense!"

Dulnori was annoyed at this arrogance, but pushed away those feelings, trying to take as positive a perspective as he could. “I’ve come to give you a chance Yir. We’ve never really seen eye to eye, but perhaps we’ve just been too closed minded. We can make things right between us Yir, let’s end our rivalry. Together we can accomplish so much. Peace eternal between us, what do you say?

There was not response for a moment, but then Yir laughed.

"HA HA HA HA HA! I see through you, you pathetic creature who hides in wicked lands beneath my light hidden from my Voice. You come to ME for power, like the Lizard? If you come with a more humble attitude, knowing your place, then I will consider your proposition. For I do indeed intend for peace to reign eternal under my light."

Dulnori responded immediately, “I said nothing about power. I came to ask for peace between us because peace is fruitful. We waste time in conflict that could be better spent aiding our people. Now I ask again, let’s end our rivalry.

Yir, sounding a bit confused, spat down viciously nonetheless. "Rivalry? Rivalry? What sort of delusions have entered your mind? Do you actually consider yourself a rival of MY glory? You are a pathetic worm that is beneath me, no rival of mine. YOU must end this foolishness, submit to your better which is ME!"

We are both gods Yir. Now, think again, let’s end this conflict. Let’s work together to make things better. The future may be brighter than either of us could possibly imagine, if you will only agree to peace with me. ” Here the leaf changes into the golem and extends its hand outwards. “A pact of peace, for the sake of both mortals and ourselves.

Yir contemplated what Dulnori said (completely not understanding the hand-gesture that Dulnori showed, maybe a sign of power?), and said as if they've obtained sagely understanding "Do not worry, all will have peace under MY light, possibly even pathetic little godlings like you who DARES to compare themselves to a TRUE god. I can accept even a vile disgusting creature such as yourself under my fold if you serve my will and help bring about the glorious future I envision for ALL. Redemption is not beyond even someone like you. You may have taken this peace whenever you choose, do so now."

The golem frowned, this was going nowhere. “ You don’t understand me Yir. I’m not offering my service to you, or beneath you, or anything similar. I offer peace, now, between the both of us if you will respond in turn. Stop your aggressive actions and your curses on divine children, and the world shall see prosperity. Do you understand me now?

Yir... did not understand at all. "No, why would you come to me for this? I harm not but the WICKED and the IMPURE, like that pathetic Wrym you called kin! I bolster not but the GOOD and the WISE, such as my son and the other blessed down below. Only twice has trickery most foul made my light stray. Is this an attempt at a third? Is that why you speak such nonsense? WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO, YOU FOUL CREATURE?!" Yir screamed down, encasing the golem in a furnace-like sunbeam.

Dulnori stood in the sunbeam, his form was shaking, it was nearly impossible for him to keep it together at this point. "Your giants haven’t conquered only the wicked Yir, and your son Valrion chafes under your command. You nearly killed Davanda. But all of that can be repaired. I am trying to forge peace, as I have always done. Nestellbam was my opposite in nearly every way, and we could still compromise. Cease your cruelty and work with the world, not against it. I’m giving you one last chance. Do you accept peace?"

Yir was furious at the mention of Valrion as their son, bah a thing cannot be a son! Especially not that thing. They did not even listen to the rest of what Dulnori said "You DARE bring up the limb you cut off from me? By my perfect command have I been able to reattach it, but godling curses linger in it! It dares to think when it was made not to! It, of all creatures, should understand MY perfect designs! But it does not, because of the blinding curses you placed upon it! ANY suffering it expresses is just it plying for attention it needs not! And do not mention my daughter born of wicked stock! Your curse stealing my power from me! HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE YOU! BEGONE! BEGONE! BEGOOONE!" Yir screamed down as the sunbeam reached a horrible intensity that could melt rock with a glance and lay waste to cities.

The golem became the whirlwind, and raged with a fury greater than any mortals would ever see. For a moment the sand and wind enveloped the sun, and it heard this. “Valrion is your son! And he deserves better than you as a father. You’re nothing but a demon Yir, and you’ve done nothing but destroy and devour. You hide in this shell because you’re afraid that if you came down everyone would see how miserable you really are! But nothing can be hidden forever Yir.” The whirlwind became the leaf, and the winds took it back to its home.

I have kept my promise Su’ule. I have kept my promise, Nestellbam,” Dulnori thought to himself.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2020-05-14 at 08:11 PM.

28. - Top - End - #418
    Ogre in the Playground

Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-05-15 at 08:59 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ogre in the Playground

A tailless choblin stood knee deep in the oasis spring of Chobe, the Tuning Trident clasped in his claws. He, as the current most powerful aquamancer of the choblins, led the greeting party for their esteemed guest.

Nerassus looks about himself, a little embarassed at the sheer attention that's being paid to him. ChiChi doesn't mind. The painted dog struts proudly before Nerassus, basking in the attention as he carries Nerassus two Mon'Dai.

Nerassus turns towards the head choblin, attempting a smile s he lowers a bag from his shoulder. "Thank you all for receiving me. I apologize for visiting on such short notice, but... well." He opens the bag, revealing a small collection of instruments. "I have brought a gift. A new creation of my mother, Petr."

"Indeed," said the choblin in a high hiss, "I, Szlar, have been nominated to receive your audience in behalf of Chobe. Your presence gladdens us, Nerassus. Holy Petr's gifts have brought salvation to the choblins in the past, and the prospect of more is most pleeeeassssing."

Nerassus can't help but have his smile falter a little, but he doesn't let his discomfort shine through. "You should distribute these instruments. Though skill in playing helps, even a complete novice should be able to activate it. For most, this will mean a simple creation of rain. Like so." Nerassus pulls out a lyre, specifically sized for him. He plucks a few of the strings, and as the harmonic sound reverbs about him, a tiny raincloud appears before him, releasing a light, dewy rain. "Through this, I borrow of Petr's power of water. But I am curious. Some of you may borrow of Chern's power, and those effects might be quite interesting."

Szlar marvels at the drops of magical rain on his leathery skin. At Nerassus' offer, he snaps his fingers towards another of his retinue.

"Rupi! You play yes?"

The choblin called Rupi nodded earnestly, then trotted forward to accept an instrument from the demigod. With a few twists of the tuning knobs, she began to play a slow, dower melody. At first it wasn't apparent if the music was at all magical, it certainly wasn't raining. Then a dragonfly darted into the congregation from a patch of reeds, and one of other choblins - a blind one - pointed.
    "Look!" she barked, "It's moving slower!"

The dragonfly had, indeed, slowed noticeably as it drew nearer to Rupi, its wingbeats flickering with a low enough frequency that they were discernible to the unaugmented eye. Its slowness peaked when it was closest to the wailing instrument, at which point Rupi ceased her playing to wonder at what she was seeing. Then the dragonfly's quickness returned, and it darted off as if nothing had ever happened.

"The gifts of Chern are boundless," commented Szlar with smug piety, applauding.

"That is very impressive indeed." Nerasuss claps his hands in delight. "Interesting. I think I see how you're making it work too. I could bring the details with me back... that should... Oh sorry. Research notes for later."

"But of coursssse." Szlar bowed. "Would you like to join us now for supper, Nerassus of Sanctuary? We're opening a fifty year old chum vat in your honour. Rupi can play for us, to help the tasssste lingeeeerrrr..."

"Oh. Uhm. Sure." Nerassus swallows softly. "I do have a lot of work to attend to, but I would be remiss to not... sample of your hospitality."

"Gooooood! We may dine in my hovel, come."

Spoiler: Help:
    Show
    Chern's power assists the creation of divine instruments.

+4 Decay: The song of speed, which decays or strengthens a listeners speed, linking it to the tempo of the music.
    +1 Fermentation: The perfect song for a fun night at the bar, which may intoxicate the listener and decays their inhibitions.
    +1 Sanitation: The song of purity, also known as the counter song, which may purge supernatural effects.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Orc in the Playground

Avestra, Sundered Sea Isles

Avestra soared over the stormy ocean, letting the wind run through her feathers. She felt a ripple through reality and found that Timorin's Hope was converting the native population of the Sundered Sea. She knew just what might help.

Show
    Assist Timorin convert the population of the islands between Axia and the Stricken Lands with +2 Birds. Those following the Way of the Beast will be able access the following bird abilities through transmutation:

-The ability to sense magnetic fields and use them to navigate.
    -The ability to see ultraviolet-based colours.
    -The ability to temporarily use unidirectional airflow in their lungs, allowing them to breathe more efficiently and/or in low oxygen environments.
    -The ability to carry treewhisper messages between trees without losing any fidelity or relying on memory.
    Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-05-15 at 12:34 PM.