New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Pan-aeons: a God Game

Kanwean Expedition, Sunset Forest, Ebonbark Bay - 45 AP remaining

The missionaries had journeyed long and hard to reach their goal. Over frozen mountains, around fetid swamps and through baking grasslands. Now they were surrounded by woodland, faced with a circle of suspicious Crow. Only the black feathers which they wore in their hair gave a hint at their long lost connection.

"We come in peace, in the name of the divine owl," the lead missionary said, raising her hands to show that she was unarmed. As she had expected, they didn't understand a word she said, so she indicated for her assistant to step forward. He carefully unfurled a scroll depicting a great snowy owl alongside a raven in mid flight.

"Ves-tor?" one of the Crow ventured, making frantic hand signals to his fellow tribespeople. The lead missionary nodded and, one by one, the Crow began to lower their spears.

"I think," she said to her assistant, "they understand."

~

Inyoni, Bechau City, Kanweland

A generation of preaching had spread the Owl faith across Kanweland, but not without cost. Years on the road, not to mention a brush with bandits, had left Inyoni with stiff joints and a permanent limp. Three years earlier, she had retired to the city of Bechau, where the local king was a long time ally.

While the city provided a respite for her physical body, it could not protect her from her greater foe. Every time she allowed sleep to embrace her, her dreams were stalked by creatures who never ceased in their pursuit. Whose claws teared into her flesh, ripping until she awoke, covered in sweat. She knew the cause of these troubles -- the Otherworld amulet which hung around her neck. But she didn't trust any other mortal to wield such power, nor felt it would be right to give away what Avestra had entrusted to her, and so it remained with her, come what may.

"Mistress!" a voice said, breaking her chain of thought. She had already recognised her servant Benje by the sound of his footsteps. "I hope I am not disturbing you."

"No, it's fine. I couldn't sleep anyway," Inyoni said. Outside the window, faint rays of sunlight were already appearing over nearby huts. "What is it?"

"We've had news from the missionaries to the east. They've finally found Sunset Forest."

"Really?" Inyoni exclaimed. She had almost given up hope of anyone finding the sacred forest that her distant ancestor had described so vividly. "Where?"

"Just over the mountains in Ebonbark Bay, mistress. Ten leagues south of the university."

"Well, that settles it, then. Kismet?" She felt the little sprite materialise beside her. "Get our things ready. We're going on one more journey."

"Finally! I was beginning to think we would stay here forever."

"Have you told him yet?" Benje asked once Kismet was out of earshot.

"...not yet," Inyoni said, reaching down to grasp the amulet around her neck. "Waiting for the right moment."

Spoiler: Action
    Show

Assign chosen people: the People of the Wing for 20 AP / 16 DC.

The People of the Wing is the collective term for the followers of the two Avestran faiths: the Crow and the Owl. Although the followers of Avestra cross the boundaries between species, continents and cultures, they have the following traits in common:

+2 Nature: All followers of Avestra will have a deeply instilled respect for nature and will try to live in as close an accordance with nature as their civilisation allows.

+2 Birds: Above all else, birds are treated with the highest respect by the People of the Wing. Many of Avestra's followers will use their treewhispering abilities to commune directly with birds, allowing for greater cooperation.

+1 Reproduction: People of the Wing will have a heightened awareness of population control and will be experts at various means of contraception.

+1 Sky: All followers of Avestra will have a particular affinity for the sky above them. Both the Crow People and the Owl Folk of Kanweland will be unsurpassed balloon plant pilots.

+2 Avestra's Perch: Sunset Forest is the spiritual birthplace of both the Crow and Owl faiths. Owl pilgrims will visit the forest to worship, although the Perch itself is notoriously difficult to find for those without a guide and it is said that only the pure of heart when it comes to nature will be able to find it.

Spoiler: Help!
    Show

Assist Petr with 2+ Nature. The spiritual energy of the spire's pearls will have a boosting effect on nearby wild animals and plants, causing them to grow and reproduce at an unusually fast rate.
    Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-05-28 at 12:33 PM.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

The Diviworld- Grawissen, Déjà Vu Cheek

The once divine and holy place was filled with mountains of corpses. “Holy ****…” Cheek said in horror as he walked through the halls.

Déjà Vu, who was above Cheek was especially disgusted by the scene that was in front of him. “I never understood how anyone could do something…”

”We must retrieve... the knife...now!” Graw said, picking up his pace along with Cheek. They entered the main hall. in the center laid the body of India with a slit throat, clutching the dagger. Graw grabbed his chest. ”power is faint… But it...drains life of Gods… Nearly killed me so many… Centuries ago…” He then reached for the knife.

India’s eyes then opened. ”NO!” suddenly a blast of energy sent Graw flying. Graw fell to the ground into a pile of bones. ” You should have stayed dead bucket of bones, your time has already passed.”

Déjà vu collabs to the floor. “Um guys? Cheek said worryingly as he noticed both of them were limp on the ground.

”It is nothing too surprising... India said in a booming voice as she came got closer to Cheek. ”they are not used to POWER of true divine beings.”

“WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING!” Cheek yelled out, pulling out his daggers.

India simply laughed. ” What the Titans want me to do? her hand that was not holding the knife turned into a bloody sickle. She swung it down at Cheek with him barely dodging it. The force of the strike calls the ground to shake. She turns her head towards Cheek ” I the chosen messenger. I am allowed free range to prepare for their arrival!” she ran towards Cheek. ”I will cleanse the world of the Titans and sit next to them in their glorious chaos. she swung again, this time managing to chop off the tip of Cheek’s tail

“AHHHHH!” cheek yelled as he fell to the floor.

”Cheek...noooo… Graw mumbled unable to do anything because of the daggers influence.

India smiled. Looking at Cheek laying on the floor. ”I once had respect for the gods until I saw the false idols they were. she raised her sickle arm. [I]”after I’m done killing you, I will go after the gods one by one and prepare this world for the Titans.” Cheek then strangely started laughing. ”I see the horror of the situation has finally gotten…

Just then Cheek throw a blade directly into India’s wrist that was holding the dagger, causing her to drop it. “You like those dumb brutes, the dimwitted fox fire mage, those changeling jerks, that arrogant King and the crown prince Julian. You never shut the hell up and just kill who you’re fighting”

“NOOooooo!” India yelled out as she fell to her knees, the power of the knife leaving her body. “I ….I need the...Dagger... Nera, Nera I need help… I need…” She then fell down to the ground dead.

The power over the two immortals dissipated. Graw rose to his feet along with Déjà Vu. Graw looking at India’s corpse ”A simple victim... like all the bodies here… he then grabbed the knife and then grab Cheek. ” Petr should be able to help with your tail.” and with that, they teleported out, dagger in hand.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2020-05-28 at 07:40 PM.

3. - Top - End - #453
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The Horizon Tribe was in a vast state of celebration. Dulnori’s triumph was the only thing anyone could talk about, and Valrion’s statue was already being carved to add to the temple of foreign gods in Rokanon. Inkblot however, couldn’t stay to enjoy all this. She had a task of absolute importance, establishing diplomatic protocols with the giants. She took the southern ramp up into the promised lands, and then began her flight north, traveling by night and burying herself in the day. Until finally she approached the fabled Lilly palace. She had heard of it from Davanda, apparently the giants here were the rich type, willing to sell to just about anyone, perfect for what was soon to come. After that it was a matter of yelling a while in Sanctuarian until someone who understood her showed up.

Inkblot flying overhead could see how three rivers converged into a local lake which the palace stood in the center of, a floating bridge connecting it to the land surrounding it. Water flowed from the palace onto the surrounding lake, unnaturally large guffs of mist spewing forth from the impact. The lake itself was covered in lilies, wooden paths floating along the water making sure there were ways for boats to pass by without disturbing the flowers.

A few men and women were traveling to and from the palace, but most of the activity seemed to be focused along the bank as a small crowd was performing some rite. The palace itself held few guards, but once they saw the massive form of Inkblot it seemed like some alarm was raised.

After a short while, a voice could be heard behind Inkblot. Softly calling out in sanctuary tongue. "No need to shout anymore Stranger."

It was the queen, who above the air seemed to move like she was beneath the waves.

Spoiler: Queen Erini Ulister
    Show

“A perfectionist,” thought Inkblot, “Of course they would be. But that doesn’t matter right now, I’ve got work to do.”

She made a bowing motion with her head, “I am Inkblot of Rokanon, head of diplomatic coordination. I’m here as the official representative of Queen Ironhide of the Horizon Tribe to establish protocols of trade and diplomacy with what I’ve heard is the richest of the giant kingdoms. May I enter your palace?”

Erini gave an amused smile "I am Erini Ulister-" she motions down to the palace "-and I welcome thee into my home Inkblot of Rokanon. I promise I shall give as you give, so both our gardens may prosper." she began to gently fall down "Come, you may enter now as we will have much to discuss, plea-" she cut herself off her form guttering for a second "-can you change your shape? If not then my garden will suffice for our talks."

Inkblot hovered still in the air for a moment, very confused, until she remembered where she was. She figured she would clarify things, and make sure Erini realized the opportunity she had, “Oh right, you’ve never seen one of us before. I’m not a transmuter, I’m a golden dragon, this is just what my species looks like. I didn’t have much time to learn transmutation anyway, I was too busy with languages and geography. It’s a good job though, and I’m very content with it. I get a lot of respect, and I always have Ironhide’s ear.” She followed Erini.

Erini nodded saying as if in passing "How strange, you remind me so much of a friend in form. I wonder now if he took inspiration from you or the Elder One to the north more." then proceeded to continue her decent towards the center of the palace. It housed a square with an open lush garden with a gushing fountain in it's center fueling a river of water that circled around the whole of the enclosure multiple times, ice water lilies floating atop the flowing water.

When the pair almost reached a small clearing next to the fountain the space that it occupied grew, expanding while not disrupting the outside space besides a slight disturbance in the water. Touching the ground Erini waited for Inkblot to land before saying. "This is the first garden, please be at ease in this place. Here we may discuss on matters of trade and anything else you so choose. Do you wish for any furnishing or perhaps tea?"

Inkblot smiled, “Milk if you have any. I need no furniture, us golden dragons sleep in the earth we came from,” she said with pride. “With the pact of the new dawn, and for that matter this whole flying continent, there’s far less need to shut out giants, and we figured we have more than enough export goods to peak your interest.”

Erini nodded at the dragon's pride and gave a raised eyebrow at the announcement as she herself created a chair to sit upon. "Really?" was her first impression, then she contemplated those words. "What is this pact you speak of?"

“I assumed you’d have been told about this by now,” said Inkblot, “Well let me give you the good news then. Dulnori gave Valrion enough power to kill Yir and ascend to divinity, in exchange for permanent peace with your kingdoms. If Valrion hasn’t made the announcement yet then they’ll probably do it soon. Valrion is a far more respectable god than the fire demon.”

Erini seemed to lose her watery motion as she said with a shocked look in her eye said with a far louder and less soft tone of voice than before "What?! You would say that here?" she put a hand to her forehead "Dear Inkblot, you must know that most here would not take that news kindly, if I had not placed laws of silence to keep out eavesdroppers... never-mind that." She took a breath calming herself, even as tears fell "It is at least good for me to hear that. Thank you, Inkblot. I can hope again that some of the bright eyed child that came to me long ago survived their ordeal."

“Your welcome Erini. I see no use in hiding what’s happened, and the world already knows about it. I suggest you break the news to your people as fast you can, before someone else does.” Inkblot stretched out and made herself comfortable on the ground, “And if they’d kill me for saying that, then clearly we couldn’t trade properly with them to begin with. Speaking of which, let’s get back to business, there is so much we could do for each other. Let me ask you a question, how much does a giant eat?”

Erini raised her head, tears gone as if they never were the only trace of them being her slightly lighter skin under her eyes. "Excuse me that was improper of me. As to how much a... giant eats" Erini seemed uncomfortable using that word "it depends on the kind of sugrandi, but between one and a half to four luvity's worth of food per day."

“That’s, um…” Inkblot had to recover for a moment, “Look, I don’t know exactly what that means, but that doesn’t matter. The point is, you eat far more than humans by necessity, and I doubt your mountains are the best place to grow crops. Am I right in saying food’s an issue here?”

Erini was confused for a second but then answered with a nod. "I suppose it is. We lack easy access to the Gnawlands at the moment so old herding and fishing methods are relied upon once more for the majority of food-stuff." She raised an eyebrow "Is there something that dragons seek?"

“Us golden dragons?” Inkblot said, “Nothing, we have all we need. But I represent the Horizon. My kinsmen want much. Gold, silver, coins, ores of any kind to be put in the forges of Rokanon, lumber as well.” Then she pointed to lilies, “And those especially. Healing is hard when your soul rejects magic. The point is, we are in the market for much, and in exchange your food problem will disappear. Our fields are the most fertile on the planet, and our herds are larger than any other. The skill of the shamans is absolute, we could even sell our services if you really want. If we work together, I expect many giants will grow very fat. How does that sound?”

Eirini nodded, she did not know that Rokanon was not a place of just dragons, so perhaps the people there were Luvity (Inkblot seemed to use the Luvity insult for Sugrandi as a descriptor without flinching) as well as dragons. The queen had other things on her mind as well; such as the fact that these western folk were a huge threat to the food trade the Ulonorian's practice if what Inkblot said was true. Though perhaps it is good fortune that she would be approached first by them, she and her people just had to channel the goods through themselves and benefit from the exchange. However...

"Inkblot... while you are my guest inside my garden, you keep using the Luvity slur to describe my people. I do not believe anger to be the reason, is it ignorance?"

“Slur?” said Inkblot, she looked at her notes, didn’t see anything about prohibited words, “I’m sorry, my records must be out of date, what slur have I said, and for that matter, what does Luvity mean?”

Queen Erini gave a soft take of breath in relief "Luvity is the collective term for Luvite or as it was know Luvti. It meant something like 'small men' though now with the children of Su'ule among these lands it is more a general term used for most non-sugrandi." She continued "Sugrandi is the term people use to describe something close to 'tall men', what I assume you meant when you spoke saying... giant; a term that Luvity neighbors have used for ages to insult sugrandi or rally against them, becoming an unwelcome word. If you must speak about someone's blood here I recommend using their clan name first, or if that is unknown use the term sugrandi or luvity as a general descriptor."

Inkblot took out her quill from her satchel, and quickly wrote, “Use Sugrandi not giant, they call non-giants Luvti.” With a bit of a twitch she added, “correct this later, if it isn’t done now.”

Inkblot replied, “I’ll keep that in mind your majesty. Since we are on the subject of names, none of my tribe will ever call themselves Luvti. Our reptilian population especially would not take kindly to being lumped in with humans.” She gave the queen a bit of a glare, “Now, about the earlier question, what’ll it be? Can we start trade or not?” After a slight pause she added, “Or should I go to a different kingdom?”

"In such a rush." Thought Erini. "Ah, I have already said that I shall give what is given, for both gardens shall prosper together. If the queen you represent would give good trade onto my people I would have my people give it in return. Your great merchants and heads of houses are welcomed to use my home as a place to discuss trade with those that are found here, so long as mine are welcomed within Rokanon to speak of trade there as well. I offer free entry into my lands for any of your people that are willing to trade." Though just how such people besides the dragons would reach her was somewhat of an issue in Erini's mind, though perhaps one that could be resolved if she could successfully establish a claim to one of the rising rivers that flowed up into the clouds, especially the one second most southern one.

“I accept,” said Inkblot. This deal seemed like just about the best she could’ve gotten. The nomads would do great work here, and in exchange for just a few giants. Relationships could be improved slowly that way, and so much gold would flow into Aeon hands. “I’ll inform the patrols in designated spots to allow for your representatives. Tell them two things, fraud of any kind will not be tolerated, and accept gifts quietly. Davanda seemed obsessed with paying back gifts for reasons I could never understand.”

"Oh, why would she need to? Was she given something she could not repay? And for that matter she's already spoken to them?" Thought Erini, confused as to what would be the issue. "That is well. I'm somewhat surprised to hear the princess ventured away from her home; though I know she must have been given something truly wonderful to have made her worry so." She stood up from her seat, the temporary chair disappearing as she rose. "I will have to discuss this with my advisors now. It was a pleasure to meet you Inkblot, for if what you say is true many great things have and will come." She looked to the side, the skin under her eyes getting a bit whiter again. "Thank you for informing me about Valrion, I've waited too many years for that message." Her worries, her hate, her guilt would not go away yet; but there was hope again, even if this was just another curse sent to crush her hopes later.

Inkblot began to fly out, “Glory to you your highness. And glory to the rising star.”

"Good travel Inkblot of Rokanon." Erini said as she gave a wave then turned to walk out of the garden, letting space return to it's natural length once more as she went to speak with her advisors on this.

4. - Top - End - #454
    Ogre in the Playground

Ymon-Thal, Thal-Verys and Ymon-Desha, The Passing

Ymon-Thal watched from a distance as Thal-Verys and Ymon-Desha argued about something. They usually did, he noted with amusement and satisfaction. That too was balance of a sort.

But Ymon-Desha was still mortal. If the gods left the world again — and Ymon-Thal could feel his strength fading — she would live decades at most before leaving Thal-Verys alone. That would not do.

He remembered working with Petr, giving immortality to Thal-Verys and Nerassus. Perhaps he could have asked for Petr's help again, perhaps they would even have said yes. But no. Better — safer — to do it alone.

Already gathering up his power Ymon-Thal — only one of him, unusually enough — walked over to the bickering demigoddesses. "It is time."

Instantly, they stopped talking and turned to look at him. Nothing like a vague, ominous statement to catch someone's attention. He held out his hand and with a thought manifested a bowl in it, identical to the ones used when giving eternal life to Thal-Verys and Nerassus. The content was quite different, though. Lacking Petr's gift for healing and connection to the healing springs of the world Ymon-Thal had to work more directly and somewhat brutally with his own domains — forcing life to stay and death to keep its distance. As such the bowl contained what seemed like two marbles, one perfectly black and the other equally white.

"What do I...?" Ymon-Desha started to ask, but stopped as she saw Thal-Verys mimic eating behind Ymon-Thal's back. Without another word Ymon-Desha accepted the bowl and put it to her lips, letting the marbles roll into her mouth. Tasted like lightning.

Spoiler: Action!
    Show
    Ymon-Thal and Thal-Verys immortalize Ymon-Desha (12 AP/8 DC)
    Ymon-Thal ensures that life (+ 2 Life) will never leave her and no matter how old, sick or injured death (+2 Death) will never claim her. As an extra precaution Thal-Verys make it so that Ymon-Desha's soul (+ 2 Soul) can never be forced from her body against her will and Ymon-Desha herself strengthens her own body (+ 2 Body) so that it never tires or fails with age.
    Total: + 8
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2020-05-31 at 11:03 AM.

5. - Top - End - #455
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Grawissen, Cheek (30 Ap)- Ostrom

In the midst of the dark night, Graw read the books in Ostrom Library, with only a single candle lighting the area he dedicated to do his work in. around him with thousands of books and notes he had taken ” There must be… Something… Graw quietly thought to himself as he continued reading over the records.

Out of the darkness a figure came in. “Did you find anything?” Cheek asked as he walked beside his friend.

”I told you… Not to interrupt me… As I work… Graw mumbled as he continued looking at the ancient text before him.

“It’s been 10 days…” Cheek said as he jumped on the back of Graw. “You went over the text in this library like three times. You’re not gonna find what you’re looking for.”

”I must figure out… What these titans are… Graw responded as he continued reading his book.

Cheek rubbed the bone God’s back. “I understand you have history with that dagger…”

Graw Stopped his reading and rise from his chair ”that dagger… Nearly killed me… It was just a… Instrument of a far more… Powerful being… If I don’t find a way to fight… Them then this world is lost…”

Cheek jumped on the desk. “Look Graw, you may be smart but you can’t see a biggest ace in the hole against the Titans. A thing a lot of you gods or even the Titans forget. You got stubborn mortals like me on your side and if work together we can beat the stuffing out of those titans.”

Graw looks back at a small feathery friend ”You mortals… Are very eccentric… But at the same time… reassuring…” Graw looked out a nearby window. ” To fight the Titans… I must… Take more direct… Action…”

Spoiler: Hinder
    Show
    Hinder the prophecy of the Titans, give away from mortals and gods the fight against them.

+2 knowledge: The people will know the danger of the Titans around the world and will be prepared for them. They will catch the mortals off guard with the revival
    +2 mining: Graw will create a special metal that counteracts the mystical energy of the dagger called Tartarus. This metal will be rare but mitigate the power for Titans and also hurt them.
    +2 heroism: mortals will not let the Titans subjugate them or hurt others without a fight. There will always be those refusing to bow.

Spoiler: Help Petr
    Show

+2 knowledge: those of the spire will have a deep connection with knowledge and will pass it along with various people they come across.
    +2 Mining: They will have plenty of Tartarus metal to use against the Titans one day
    +2 heroism: the people of the spire will have compassion and a duty to protect people of all races and religions.

Spoiler: Help Avestra
    Show

+2 knowledge: they will have a much better understanding of the outside world than they did in the past, allowing them to know what the neighbors are doing much more quickly
    +1 writing: they will develop a writing style that uses stone tablets, their alphabetic symbols but is easy to learn.
    +1 singing: Avestra followers will have great musical talents despite the primitive living styles. Their special music called kiwil will be a popular music technique they perform.

Spoiler: Help Alatadriel
    Show

+2 knowledge/+1 writing: the knowledge of alchemy will spread around the world through writing and teachings becoming as common as magic.
    +1 mining: Metamorphosis alchemy: the basis of this alchemy is simple, you are able to change one substance into another. All you need is a little bit of the substance to turn something else into it. This only works on earth materials not organic, water, or air.
    Last edited by Godzillarich; 2020-06-01 at 06:00 PM.

6. - Top - End - #456
    Ogre in the Playground

The Mark

It begins as a day much like any other. For Varpier, there's nothing special about today. Nothing to suggest that today is the day his past catches up with him.

"As you hoped, I watched."

The world is suddenly gone. Nothing remains, not even Varpier's own body. Just a vague perception of his own consciousness, and the blooddripping form of Petr against the black of the void.

"Don't bother speaking. Luxuries like having your thoughts, opinions and desires valued was thrown away the moment you enacted history's most pathetic temper tantrum. You had so much potential. And yet... here we are. Your legacy erased as an afterthought." Petr snaps their fingers, and the knowledge that every spell, every rule, every creation of Varpier is instantly and irrevocably undone. "That there is my punishment. To enforce on you a terrible weakness. You'll never again wield the simplest of spells, never again touch the faintest of path powers. Any divine gift will be always beyond your reach. Forever weak, forever vulnerable, forever useless, and forever aware. You don't get to touch upon the passing. You don't get to drink of Tabula Rasa. No matter what any mortal does to you, it won't dent their karma in the slightest. In every death, you will be thrust back into a new life, always knowing exactly who you are and what your crime is."

For a moment, the pain of mortality stings within Varpier. Hunger, thirst, exhaustion, pain. "Unable to live, and unable to die. Your punishment is to repeat life eternal. Those are the chains that bind you, and there is but one key to unlock. If you can acquire the forgiveness, the true, genuine, heartfelt forgiveness that only mortal mercy can provide, from every single soul hurt by your tantrum, the binds will be undone, and you can re-enter the world of normal mortals once again."

Petr waves a hand dismissively, their form starting to shimmer and fade away. "Enjoy the freedom of being outside any and all social contract as you desired. We probably won't speak again."

7. - Top - End - #457
    Ogre in the Playground

Yir and some Others - Divine World:

Air, breath, the glare of obscure light was what Yir noticed when they awoke. Some… force overcame them and was making them feel odd, invaded over and over again before they had enough awareness to make it stop. It stopped, but he had to hold it down. It hurt, it wanted out, it wanted in, but Yir did not know what was happening so kept on struggling.

“My lord, breath!” came a voice so clear it was almost frightening. Was it right next to their form? But… Yir saw nothing, nothing but light through a haze of darkness. Yir also simply did not understand what the voice was talking about.

They tried to say “Explain yourself, FOOL, what wickedness are you attempting upon myself?” but the words did not come out, resonating in mind alone, making Yir fear they were mute. What was going on? They still defied the horrible burning pain they felt, things becoming harder to focus on till everything was dark once more.

----

Again, they awoke to the feeling of air, but this time they ignored it for a moment as the light was now far brighter. Multiple voices sprang up, all so frightening clear and coming from different angles, did they have them surrounded? Or were they gigantic monstrosities that blot the sky?

“Your majesty!”

“You live.”

“Please, breath”

They did not sound hostile, but Yir could not trust that as a good indicator as to their intentions. Still, Yir once again fought against the invasive sensations that spread through him in strange and unsettling ways. Each breath was confusing to Yir and torture from the dissasosiative feelings he could not process properly.

Yir fell back into unconsciousness again and again, unwilling to let whatever curse was over them win. Sometimes the darkness was filled with less light, sometimes voices said things that were confounding, but Yir just fought on until after an unknown number of attempts. Yir had an eye opened by one of the figures.

He could see, it was so bright, but the image before them was alien. Blue like the sea but… no land, and… a bright thing below them. The sensation of having their eyelid open was almost as horrible as the breathing, but Yir did not close their eye because the sight was so bewildering.

Yir could see the figure that did this, a vague shining outline in the shape of a humanoid. It… looked like a gigantic shining one. There was never one that big. The only ones Yir ever made were around the size of the unblessed, and any shining ones made from even his largest blessed could not be this big.

“My lord, please, breath.” It said to him, desperation in its voice. Yir could not understand, what does it want? Yir then noticed their snout, how it moved, and somehow attached to them?! The sight filled Yir with rage, disgust (a feeling that cascaded upon itself as Yir was disgusted from his reaction), how degenerate could whomever do this be?

Yir could not notice (he has no experience with people so he could not tell the signs) but the shining one in front of him could see something in Yir’s gaze that made them understand what was going on more. They breathed in deeply again and again, “This, my lord, please. If you don’t it’ll hurt you more.”

He could actually understand the message that they were trying to get across. How dare they, how DARE they suggest something like that? Each of these ‘breaths’ was an invasion! It was disgusting, everything, everything was so horrible. Panic and rage fought for dominance.

But… they’ve been fighting for so long… and, they failed already. Yes, he already let everything die, didn’t he? Why was he here? To be tortured? It hurt to fight, it burned, fought back so furiously against him that his wavering in spirit was enough to force him to take a breath. It felt like failure all over again.

Why was his vision becoming blurry?

8. - Top - End - #458
    Barbarian in the Playground

Chimera

Immortalization!
    Schirach, as a dragon whelp, was hatched from her egg. A year later, she could be found hunting deer through her scorching breath, before devouring them. Schirach was also greedy, stealing wealth from her surroundings without realizing the harm she was doing. She was only a year old, after all. Finally, Su'ule noticed what was happening and she brought her to the Fire Crater. Su'ule would extend an invitation to anyone who would bless the dragon child.

Spoiler
    Show

-12 Action : (6AP left)
    Immortalize Schirach
    + 2 Sorcery : Schirach's ability to cause harm with her magic is now not the only impressive thing about her, she has an increased knack for undoing harm done through either magical or mundane methods.
    + 2 Monsters: Schirach is tougher physically than she was before.
    + 1 Metamorphosis : Schirach will have the ability to see with the her own eyes things that are hidden from the senses.
    + 1 Birth : She has the normal bonuses associated with someone who has Su'ule's blessing over birth.
    Last edited by DarthArminius; 2020-06-03 at 04:34 PM.
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

9. - Top - End - #459
    Orc in the Playground

Avestra, Sunset Forest, Ebonbark Bay

"...the endless Age of Chaos is inescapable."

At any other time, Avestra would have been smug that she had been right after all about the continued existence of ancient deities. But this was clearly bad news. She let her thoughts join with that of her fellow deities, allowing them to hear her addition to the prophesy.

"As long as my Perch stands, Sunset Forest will never fall!"

Spoiler: Hinder!
    Show

Hinder Anomalous action with +2 Nature. Despite the coming tribulations, while Avestra's Perch still stands, Sunset Forest will never fall.

Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-06-04 at 02:47 PM.

10. - Top - End - #460
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The Past and Future of the Horizon:
    Dulnori was wandering through the kingdom at night, simply watching and listening to the animals, when he heard that fateful prophecy, the voice of chaos rattling discordantly across the land.

The third demonic species finally reveals itself. Like animals, they are drawn to fill Yir’s empty niche. I think it’s time to invoke my ancient right,” with that the leaf flew back to Rokanon.

Though the city was asleep Ironhide and Sporeweaver were wide awake practicing. Ironhide was determined to put on a good show for the elders when she unveiled her magic, and there were few teachers better than Sporeweaver. She was trying, and failing, to get a flower to bend.

“Keep going, I think I saw the leaf move a bit,” said Sporeweaver with a big grin on his face.

“Do we have to do it here? I can’t get a grip on anything, and my throat is starting to hurt.”

“There’s no better place for it,” replied Sporeweaver, “you have to learn strength, or else you’ll end up like those druid types, that’s what Longtail always said to me.”

The leaf arrived, landing on Ironhide’s silver crown, “I apologize for interrupting your studies, but the two of us should really play a game.

Ironhide knocked the leaf off in surprise, “You need to tell me when you’re going to do that.”

Sorry.”

“Anyways, you actually want to play the old game?” Ironhide scratched her head, “It’s been a long time since we've used the board, I’ll have to find it. And Sporeweaver, you’ll have to leave.”

“I know my lore,” he replied. As he left he added, “good luck your majesty.”

After a quick search Ironhide arrived in the old royal tent with the game board. The gambler was already there, and she sat across from him. They set up the board for a game called Wilon. Played originally with stones, the pieces here were carved from emerald and bixbite. It was a simple game, each player sought to use their attackers to take certain points on the board, blocked by the opponents defenders, with a die roll to determine what section of the board you could move your pieces in. This was the ancient game of kings, played originally by Dulnori and the first king, then by his descendants with a shaman advisor, and finally by the Ironhide dynasty and a golden dragon, though it had been played much less in recent years. The motions of the game, and especially the die roll, were omens to be interpreted with great care. It combined both will and strategy, ambition, with luck and destiny, fortune, and Dulnori absolutely loved it.

“I’ve got a confession, I think the die is missing, you’ll need to make a replacement.”

I’ve already got one.

Dulnori revealed a perfectly carved die. It was so absolutely white it almost seemed to shine.

Ironhide was impressed, “What animal did this come from?” she asked.

The Dragon.

“What?” Ironhide’s eyes widened.

This is Nestellbam’s knucklebone. I took it out of the sarcophagus. I need his input on this game.

“You desecrated… how could you!” Ironhide was livid, “What could possibly be important enough to warrant this?”

Demons of darkness have finally appeared. I believe they are the ones responsible for dragging the gods away for centuries. I will read this game to determine my move against them.

Ironhide stood still, thinking for a long time, until she finally rolled the knucklebone. “Let’s play.”

The game lasted hours, and ended with Ironhide victorious. “I lost. That’s very rare.

“It was my defense. I built up my structure until you couldn’t move forwards without losing too much. Eventually you broke against my shield tactics. Your forces were left too thin, and I was able to sweep in and take the points.”

You are completely right. And I understand what I need to do.

The gambler became the worm, and the worm dug into the earth. He felt the minds of the Aeons, still cloaked in grief. The victory over the sun wasn’t enough to comfort the worshippers in the deep, and so they slept surrounded by gloom, and by gold. Twelve centuries of treasure was finally starting to add up, and space was becoming a real issue. Dulnori didn’t know exactly what to say to them, but he knew what they needed, for Nestellbam had sent him a message. They needed their old oath revitalized, their purpose secured. It was time to construct the last tribute for the Dragon, a land of absolute permanence, an impenetrable defense against extinction. With it the sister tribes, and even the world, could stand assured against the coming threat. His people would fight eternal in defense of these lands, and the forces of chaos would shatter against them like a sword broken against a shield.

On that day, Dulnori broke the dimensional barrier, and created the Dragon’s hoard.

Show
    18 AP/14 DC: create an unbounded plane of reality. The Dragon’s hoard.
    +2 Harken Steppe: The entrance to this dimension is at the very bottom of the Aeon tunnels, and it is maintained and protected by the Aeons, as is their sacred duty.
    +2 Ambition: For the vault. This dimension aims to keep perfect records of all history for all time. It has an utterly massive scale.
    +2 Fortune: For the mine. Vast material to keep the economy running even in the depths of war.
    -2 Stability: For the tunnels. Obviously Dulnori has trouble maintaining such permanence without help.
    +1 Dreams: All of this is announced to the Aeons in their sleep.

Although it is in darkness, there is always some light, like an ethereal glow coming from the air.
    There are three sections extending outwards into infinity, growing as needed.
    The Vault: The perfect storehouse for all the collected Aeon treasure, and all future treasure, not to mention all the records kept by the Aeons. Books thousands of years old will be kept here, maintained in perfect condition, no knowledge shall be lost.
    The Mine: To balance things out, Dulnori’s favored portion. A vast underground space for mining, the hard work actually feeling easier down here. Filled to the brim with metals, some precious metals, but mostly hard and practical metals like copper and iron.
    The Tunnels: This is the pinnacle section of the whole dimension. Separated into countless sub-sections, a tunnel extends a certain amount before ending in a large open area, each one containing something to be maintained eternally. Ecosystems, large and small, of every biome and location are represented in their own sub-section. And furthermore, cultures as well. Any group who so wishes can join the Aeons in the eternal world underground. A sub-section will be carved out for them, to maintain their people for eternity. Anyone who helps, feel free to donate a people.

Spoiler: Hinder Dark Demons
    Show
    Dulnori understands fate, and how it can be twisted. “With enough strength, the endless age of chaos is escapable.”
    -2 Fortune: The power of destiny is turned against the titans. With combat and fury, chaos shall be prevented. The titans and their allies will be plagued utterly by all the bad luck you can imagine. Their weapons will shatter more often, their armor collapse more often, their animals go loose and their foodstocks spoil more often. Their conquest will be an uphill battle, a constant struggle against draining resources and lucky opponents. They shall be particularly vulnerable to changes of fate, like interference from golden dragons.
    -2 Ambition: Mortal will is unstoppable. The forces of chaos will always be opposed by all people willing to fight for their nations. Mortals will be driven, filled with desire to fight the onslaught and overcome it, to go beyond the powers of chaos.
    -2 Harken Steppe: Dulnori has always hated the stagnant feeling of steppe air, like a sticky web or molasses slowing down everything, and the forces of chaos shall feel that as well. Those with allegiance to the titans will feel slowed in the Harken steppe, everything will dull for them. Their vision will be blurrier, their hearing more muffled, their motion weakened and more clumsy. The weight of Nestellbam’s blessing will be felt by them constantly.
    -1 Dreams: Dulnori extends the dream network principle into the prophecy. The motion of the titans will be predicted in dreams, so all will have time to prepare a defense.
    -1 Sailing: The titan’s forces shall be weakened navally. Their ships will be leaky and subpar, not to mention prone to getting lost and routed by enemy forces.
    Last edited by flyinglemur; 2020-06-06 at 06:41 AM.

11. - Top - End - #461
    Orc in the Playground

Avestra, Rokanon, Axia

Avestra felt a ripple through reality as Dulnori began to create his dimension. She had little interest in mining, provided that it did not disturb vulnerable ecosystems, but she saw an opportunity to preserve some of nature's rarer creatures in this new underground bunker. In the coming age of tribulation, they might yet be needed.

Show

Assist Dulnori to create the Dragon's Hoard with +2 Nature and +1 Sky. The micro-ecosystems contained within the tunnels will be a safe haven for rare and endangered species from across the world, sealed with a divine lock that will resist any attempts at exploitation. Furthermore, these ecosystems will have, where appropriate, an artificial sky above them so that plants may photosynthesise and animals' circadian rhythms are not disrupted.

To watch over these ecosystems, a strain of antfolk from the Stricken Lands will be brought over to permanently reside in the tunnels. Compared to their eastern kin, these antfolk will be slightly smaller on average and a red-brown in colour, with a more acidic spit.
    Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-06-08 at 12:54 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Garjel_blah View Post
    Sanctuary

Graw arrived on sanctuary in a bright flash of light, his companion Cheek. “I can never get used to that” cheek said as he attempted to focus his eyes. “... Can you not make it so flas…” Cheek then noticed Graw staring off in the distance, holding onto his rib cage. “...um anything wrong Graw.”

“Nothing… The bone God simply replied. “Still feel shaken... since getting... my power back.” they then went on their way, towards Petr residence.

The two have barely walked five steps before Petr manifests before them, nodding to Graw. "Welcome." The watery form turns to Cheek, nodding softly. "To you as well mortal. It's been a while Grawissen. What are you doing here?"

“I have... Graw then stopped himself and then collapsed onto his knees.

“Graw?” Cheek yelled you as he noticed his friend was visibly shaking. “What is wrong…”

“I GOD...THAT FEELING AGAIN!” Graw yell as he got back up. “WHY DO I FEEL IT HERE! WHAT IS HAPPENING HERE!”

Petr frowns and kneels down. "What's wrong?" They extend their hand over Graw, conjuring up a thin, gentle mist that washes over the bones.

Graw kept patting, still visibly shaken from what he was feeling, Petr help that was calm his nerves. He looked up at Petr “I’m sorry… But it’s… The same feeling… The same feeling I felt… Before I went… Into my near-death… It’s faint… It still feels like a knife… Cutting mortal flesh…

Cheeks Eyes then lit up “Nera took stuff from Graws ancient city over the years? Could one of those things being involved in this?”

"Wait, are you talking about the Blood Fang?" Petr frowns. "A knife was found deep within the bowels of University grounds. A peculiar artifact of divine power. Nerassus is gathering a team to research the object."

Graw looked to in the eyes “Bring me… To the knife… Immediately...

They two gods and the entourage hastened to India Kroft's office, where she had been working to assemble a team to study the knife. When they arrived, however, they found it empty. Only a faint cloud of swirling glowloam spore filled the air, the sign of a recently activated Chern diviworld device...

---

The Diviworld

India Kroft entered the hall of the gods under the cover of night, hourglass in one hand and dagger in the other. The moon shone down at her through a tall, ornate window. She wondered if the sun would ever rise again on a diviworld without Yir.

Inside the great castle, which was wreathed in shadow but for the glow of the Chern-crafted hourglass, India gazed up at the many great works of the pantheon. As an archaeologist, she should have felt giddy awe at the sight of so much grand history, yet...

She looked down at the Blood Dagger. This one, relatively small and unassuming length of sharpened bone was older and more significant than anything she could find in this reality. She had known this at a subliminal level ever since the moment she'd found it in the ancient foundations of Grawopolis. Having now met many of the gods themselves, she knew it for sure. Everything she'd ever studied, all the the achievements of mortal and god alike, were dwarfed by this one unfathomably timeless relic.

It was a sobering thought, even depressing. Her life's work had been refuted, but there was something to take its place. The Blood Dagger had, after all, chosen her to find it. Perhaps her calling, higher than even that of the gods, was to enact its will.

India Kroft had an idea of what that will might be.

Holding aloft the hourglass, India disappeared back into the mortal world.

---

The 1st Justice University

It was office hours for the Professor of Archaeology, and as usual they were being woefully underutilised. That was until an old student of his appeared out of thin air in front of him, almost startling him out of his chair.

"India?!" he sputtered. "Good heavens, girl, you almost gave me a heart attack."

"Sorry about that." India smiled. "I just wanted to check in on that research proposal."

"The- Oh! For the dagger."

India nodded slowly. The professor shifted uncomfortably.

"Yes, yes. I would of course be interested in joining. It's the opportunity of a lifetime! Though you still haven't given me details on exactly-"

The professor was interrupted by a half foot of bone being thrust through his throat. Blood spilled down his front and onto his desk, soaking the dagger along with the hand holding it. India retracted the dagger slowly, then grabbed him gently by the collar. Her inquisitive eyes met his bulging, terrified ones.

"We're going to learn a lot together, professor," she said, as together they vanished. Only blood was left behind.

---

The Diviworld

The professor's corpse was left in the hall of the gods, as India returned to the mortal realm to continue her recruitment. All the academics she'd contacted in the past weeks were visited, and then promptly sacrificed, using the power of the hourglass to travel instantly. Their bodies littered the marble floor, then piled. Soon India ran out of academics contacts, but there was still more blood to spill.

---

Central Axia

Two young women trekked beneath the vast Promised Land, carrying ceramic pots brimming with fresh water. They needed to walk farther and farther to find a good well these days, with the recent dryness, and tried to occupy their anxious minds with idle chatter about the village boys. They laughed and exchanged sly grins, but all revelry ceased when they found their path suddenly blocked by a bloodsoaked stranger. She said something, in a language the girls didn't know. With incidences of Horizon hunters, warrior Giants, and now Indariel colonisers running thick through their people's history, the two girls didn't need any more prompting to drop their pots and flee screaming.

It didn't save them. Their corpses ended up in the Diviworld too.

---

The Diviworld

So much blood was now spilled on the marble floor that it was now stained crimson from wall to wall. India looked down at her reflection in the blood. There was only one final life to give.

India knelt, then slowly, calmly, brought the dagger up to her throat. The line she drew was straight, precise. The blood welled an spilled in one smooth, unbroken line. When it was done, India laid the weapon down carefully in front of her, and with a straight back she raised her arms as if in rapturous prayer. When she spoke, her words gurgled.

"Gods... Hear me..."

Reality rippled with her message.

I speak for the reality beyond your meager domains.

Know that you are not eternal, as we are.

Know that you are not all-encompassing, as we are.

Know that you will be ignored no longer, as we have done thus far.

The age of the Tyrant cometh.

The age of the Titan looms.

We stalked this rock long before its spawn dreamed you into being.

And it will be ours to stalk again.

The endless age of Chaos is inescapable.

Spoiler: Anomalous Action!
    Show
    The Blood Dagger will use India Kroft to announce a prophesy

+2 Sacrifice

+100 BP

The prophesy foretells three main things; the coming of a Tyrant, the coming of a Titan, and the coming of Chaos. In the subsequent ages, the gods will have to deal with these three things on top of their regular godly activities, similarly to how they dealt with the Blood Dagger this age.

I have alluded to this in the past, and the reception was not as positive as I might have hoped. For me it is now irrelevant, as I do not intend to GM this game past this age, but since I have spent so much time planning for this prophesy I thought I might as well get it out there. Whether your new GM goes through with it will be discussed in discord.
    Hinder:
    Spoiler
    Show

- 2 Sorcery : Sorcery and the magic of Su'ule will have the ability to lessen the chaos and effects of the next age. Sorcerers can come together to fight off the Tyrant, etcetera.
    - 2 Monsters : Monsters will inherently accrue positive "karma" for lack of a better word, whenever they work to help each other and innocent people against the machinations of the Prophecy, thus somewhat transforming into more noble forms of creature, undoing some of their curse.
    - 1 Birth : Occasionally, exceptionally strong/blessed babies will be born during the Age of Chaos throughout the world that people will look up to for guidance and protection
    - 1 Metamorphosis : Metamorphosis of animals happen more and more during the Age of Chaos, allowing them to develop adaptations to their environment
    I am ArlEammon. I've been here since 2004, but I've lost access to my other account.

13. - Top - End - #463
    Ogre in the Playground

Dog days:

ChiChi yawns and stretches as he rolls out of bed. There's a bit of a stiffness to his left hindleg which require an extra long stretch to get out. After the strenuous act he lumbers heavily over to the food bowl. Empty. Such a sad, pitiable sight. He nudges at the bowl, but there's nothing behind it. A soft whine echoes from his throat as he looks about the room. Friend isn't here. He nudges open the door to friend's room, but he's not there either. He's been away so much lately. It makes ChiChi feel lonely. He saunters out of the house, down to the stream for a drink of fresh water. The sounds of the forest are pleasing to the ear. Maybe he could go for a walk, enjoy the sun. Perhaps...

His nose perks into the air. Friend? Friend?! He bolts towards the cabin, letting out a happy bark as he sees him. Friend is lumbering towards the cabin and... something is wrong. His steps are slow. His posture is low. He has something in his hands. It is white and red. It smells of blood. ChiChi doesn't like it. It feels... wrong. Why does Friend have it? ChiChi rushes up beside Friend, grinding himself in against his side. But Friend just walks on. Only the briefest of pets on his head. ChiChi's ears lowers sadly against his head as he follows after.

Friend ends up walking into his room. He closes the door, and ChiChi can hear strange sounds from within. Small gasps for air. Coughing sounds. He pushes on the door, and after some effort manages to get the door open wide enough to slip in. Someone has spilled water on Friend's face. The bad thing is on the table. Friend just looks at it, making weird coughing sounds.

What's exactly going on, ChiChi can't tell. Friend does weird things sometimes. Many things that just don't make sense. But one thing makes sense enough. Friend is sad. And when Friend is sad, ChiChi steps up. ChiChi walks up and slips his head onto Friend's lap. He lets out a soft whine, looking up at Friend. There's so much water in his eyes. Did someone hurt him?

"ChiChi..." Friend's voice rumbles deeply. Friend says his name, and ChiChi listens. Friendhoistshim up and holds him close. The large arms embrace ChiChi's body, and he leans in close, listening to the beating of Friend's heart. A soft, constant thumping thud. Warm... soft... friendly. Friend is sad, but ChiChi is here. Always.

14. - Top - End - #464
    Ogre in the Playground

"Nerassus?" The demigod perks up, blinking. ChiChi is resting on his lap, sleeping with his head against the demigod's chest. His eyes feel crusty and stiff from tears. Looking up he sees his mother standing over him, a frown of concern on her watery features. "How are you feeling dearheart?"

"Still awful." Nerassus whispers, clutching ChiChi closer to his form. "But a little better. Do you."

"No... I don't need. But if you want to help."

"Of course. Of course I do! They're going to pay for what they made India do." He exhales softly, feeling ChiChi squirm as he wakes up. Nerassus gives the dog a gentle itch, and the dog responds by happily licking over his cheek. "But what can we do beyond prepare for their arrival?"

"You felt the ripple as it flowed through the world right? It's a prophecy. Enforced by the same divine power we tap into."

"Yeah... but... it's so powerful... so much blood. It's a tidal wave of lifeforce. How do you stop that?"

"We don't." Petr rests their hands gently on Nerassus's shoulder. "We do what all aquamancers do when met with overwhelming force."

Nerassus nibbles his lips thoughtfully for a moment, brushing a hand gently through ChiChi's fur. "Divert and redirect?"

"Exactly. We don't have to stop the prophecy. We can't stop it. But we can create an escape clause."

Spoiler: Hinder: Anomalous action
    Show
    Create escape clauses for the prophecy.

From the primal first, the oceans command.
    The doom of the tyrant soon stalks the land.
    Within the heart of their close band.
    The tyrant is struck down by their hand.

From the shining son, the sun below.
    Inevitable defeat the titan shall know.
    From cold and ice and frigid snow.
    The titan is struck a killing blow.

The age of Chaos brings demise.
    But in it's bosom hope arise.
    Saviours bringing clearest skies.
    Will carry with new age's sunrise.

The bloody knife brings all hate
    Release it from it's cruel fate
    Unified, blood's grip abate
    By mortal hand it may create

When mortalkind stands as one
    The cruel grip of command come undone
    When wicked primals are dead and gone
    Mortal freedom will be won.

-2 Water/-2 Healing/-2 Justice/-2 Moon/-2 Moonpool/-2 Blood/-1 Rainbow:

-13 to the prophecy.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ogre in the Playground

Valrion, Ulmor - Holy High:

It was another morning like the others that came before, the same grimace spreading across Valrion’s face as they felt the sunlight touch their skin from the window as she waited for Ulmor or someone else to arrive. Valrion never noticed how large their room was before being stuck in it for so long, though that was mainly due to her remaining around normal (giant) height. After a few days of allies giving kind words, and long nights where Ulmor (and sometimes Dinel) were there as Valrion cried, she began to walk again. Yet things still weighed down on them and hurt to think about.

First there was the pain that lingered in Valrion’s mind from Yir’s screaming, whenever Valrion got away from her own troubles and tried to empty her mind, Valrion heard Yir’s voice telling them to die, that they should, over and over again. It lingered terribly, and she had no idea how long it would take to forget it.

Then Valrion could not forget what she felt when she looked upon Davanda. It brought tears to Valrion’s eyes just remembering which was something that often happened but was the hardest to bear during the morning and evening when Valrion would unconsciously wait for Davanda to return home.

Finally, and sadly most pressing at the moment, was godhood. Valrion sincerely did not want godhood returned to her, for it was a burden despite the obvious boons. Godhood meant being… responsible for so many people, Yir's children that she remembered swearing were hers so long ago upon the highest peaks to that shaman named Ner'ah and all who took upon the blessing. But what had she longed for so long after living down here? It was not this, not to be Yir, but to be the adventuring hero Valrion… maybe not even the adventuring hero, but simply the mother of Davanda? But that a life like that simply was impossible.

Valrion’s head hurt, yet as she placed a hand upon her head she soon heard the clanging of Ulmor’s armor walking down the hall. Quickly Valrion placed her hands on her lap and made sure there was a smile on her face to greet Ulmor with as she turned around to look at the tiny dot that was Ulmor moving towards her. Yet despite these efforts that Valrion thought should have been convincing when Ulmor entered the room the first thing he said was “More troubled sleep?”

Valrion put a hand to her face playfully looking exasperated “Am I that easy to read?”

Ulmor gave a bit of a sigh feeling mildly proud as well as amused “For me at least Val, I’m catching up after all this time.” He got right next to her opening up a bag “Alright, turn around and let’s get this over with.”

It had become a bit of a routine the past few days for Ulmor to administer the healing ointments on Valrion’s back and shoulders, she herself tending to the rest. Like Dulnori said, the wounds were mental in nature, yet the treatment itself seemed to make the wounds fester less.

As Ulmor was working Valrion was looking over her shoulder at him as he said “Right so after this I we’ll walk down to the garden, I’ve already got everything set up for you.” he paused “The birds are singing and the garden is blooming, I have you all to myself for the whole day; it’ll be enchanting.”

“Did you just try to wink at me?” Valrion asked, wondering if that’s why he paused.

Ulmor was a little embarrassed “Ah, yes, indeed.”

Lacking eyes or eyebrows made it hard to furrow them, but Valrion’s cheeks made up for them. Valrion was satisfied to see how Ulmor was loving the display (for some reasons not known to her), pulling his arms back a bit mostly in some display. “Did you try and furrow your brow?”

“Hee hee” Valrion laughed before she froze as they felt the overwhelming divine force tug at the world, and heard the words of doom that they spoke.

The endless age of Chaos is inescapable.
    Valrion began to shake; in rage, disgust, in frustration. A fiery light began to glow from within Valrion, bubbling up from within in a painful burning fashion. Ulmor was shocked “Va-Valrion?”

“D̷a̴m̸n̶ ̴t̵h̵e̸m̵,̴ ̸c̶u̸r̸s̶e̷ ̷t̷h̸e̸m̵.̷.̸.̷” Valrion said their voice hard to hear as their flesh warped and metallic liquid bubbled in their throat.

“Valrion! What happened?!” Ulmor almost yelled at the display before him.

But Valrion disappeared in a pillar of light, appearing at the top of the palace in the broken shrine, right next to the golden axe that still laid upon the ground.

By this point Valrion’s flesh had warped to become the star giant again, and it reached for the axe. “I̴ ̴m̸u̶s̴t̴ ̴d̵o̴ ̷i̷t̴,̴ ̶c̸u̶t̶ ̴m̴o̶r̴e̴ ̴d̸o̵w̸n̷,̷ ̶I̴ ̸w̷i̸l̵l̵ ̶d̶e̴s̷t̵r̵o̶y̷ ̵t̶h̶e̷m̴ ̴u̷t̴t̷e̵r̷l̵y̵...” they mumbled out, but before they could grasp the axe Ulmor’s voice could be heard.

“Valrion!” he yelled out, and looking to the side (Valrion could see again they faintly noted) Valrion saw the panic that had encapsulated Ulmor’s face, and how one arm was limp. It stopped Valrion immediately as shock covered their face.

“U̴-̷U̵l̴m̵o̷r̵?̸ ̸O̶h̴ ̸n̴o̵… I’m sorry.” they said as the light died down, rage replaced with worry and regret. The bubbling burning liquid in their throat began to die down, and their flesh once more became that of a giant woman, tears in her eyes.

Valrion covered her face with her hands “I’m so sorry, you strained yourself for me again.”

Ulmor said nothing as he walked over to Valrion, before kneeling down and hugging her with his functioning arm “What else am I to do? Can’t let you go mad in the head before me. Don’t worry, it’s just a pre-planned contingency for mana conservation, I’ll be back to normal before mid-day.” He loosed his grip, lightly placing his hand on her shoulder (Valrion looking up now saw they were mostly blind again) “Now, what just happened?”

Valrion really, really did not want to be there at the moment. “I-I-I got, um, overwhelmed.” Valrion was able to tell he was not satisfied by that “They’ve, someone… umm.” Valrion’s face was quickly growing exasperated.

“Breath, stay calm. Just start from the beginning.” Ulmor said as gently as he could. Valrion explained the best she could the overwhelming divine prophecy given and what was said. By the end Ulmor felt a weight on him. “Ah, I see…”

Valrion was still emotional “I have to do something, I have to stop them! I have to-” Ulmor cut her off.

“Not now you don’t. These Titan fools are not here are they? It’s better to rest before going off to war…. Please, I don’t want to see you like that.” He was worried, and despite his tone Valrion could tell he was almost panicking.

“I’m sorry.” Valroin said her voice echoing her regret at her foolishness.

“It’ll be alright.” Ulmor said as he began to stand up, offering his hand to Valrion. “Even if the world goes mad, it’ll get better eventually. Damn gods or titans or anything else, I and good folk will make it so.”

Valrion wiped away her tears before reaching out with one hand “I know, thank you.” As she stood up and looked down at Ulmor, Valrion felt… better. “Ulmor?”

“Yes?”

“After we fix your arm, will you… will you come with me to the north? Su’ule had a child and is asking for others to come give her gifts, I’d like to do so myself but…” she was blushing “...I’d like you to be there.”

Ulmor’s demeanor changed, the weight forgotten. “I guess it’d be good for me to get out of this oversized palace for a bit.”

Something about his demeanor and tone of voice tipped Valrion to something, and she got an almost neutral expression on her face as she said “Did you try to wink at me again?”

Spoiler: Hinder Age of Chaos
    Show
    +2 Guidance +1 Giant: Good men will oppose the titans and their works everywhere. Where there is oppression, there is a subverting element at play that undermines all their works to have a hold over the people of the world. Underground cells, resistance movements, and outright rebellions are common in lands taken over by the titans. Giants are more prone to this than most, and will be the center figures of many such movements in the future.

+2 Sun +1 Improvement: Valrion's dawn will grace the world in the next age, by it tyranny's iron grip shall melt away as the lives of those chained are liberated and those that serve the Tyrant feel it's wrath.

The Sacred Cave:

As glittering jewels and shining gold surrounded little Schirach, playing with her mother inside the ancient and enchanted cave. Suddenly in a pillar of light two figures appeared; first outside the cave then in a rapid series of short jumps forward till they were on the outer edge of the pile of shimmering pile that sparkled brilliantly at the light.

Appearing from the pillar was a man with magically created and reinforced armor that covered him like a metal skin on the upper half of his body, his large fur coat and regal outfit being tattered with age and lack of maintenance. A woman a little taller than him also appeared, being held by the hand as she appeared blind, a golden mask covering her eyes. She was wearing a set of grey robes, and her hair was brushed but not put together that well.

The man, whom Tu’ul Arn would recognize as Ulmor, looked at the woman giving a wink while stating “Perfect aim m’lady, just in front of the pile.”

“Ulmor, did you wink again? I still cannot see that.” The Valrion responded looking at him directly.

“Ah, but you could tell nonetheless!” Ulmor said unwaveringly before looking over at Su’ule and Schirach. His gaze lingered on Schirach a bit before giving a bow. It was Valrion that spoke first.

“Uh, hello Su’ule. It’s good to… talk to you finally. I…” She seemed at a loss for words, but her masked gaze fell upon Schirach “She’s beautiful.”

“Have you come to gift my baby a gift?” Su’ule asked plainly. Su’ule, meanwhile, was in the form of a larger dragon, not her usual dragon size, since the Caverns were not large enough to support her. Su’ule’s specific gift to Schirach, not counting immortality, was a large prehistoric squid she retrieved from the ocean.

Valrion's lips showed a smile "Yes, but I really wanted to see her and you the most." She looked around, her smile becoming a bit smaller. "I don't see many others here with her, does she have any playmates?"

“Sadly not. She tends to electrify or freeze things that come her way. She doesn’t mean anything by it, of course. Oh, and she has an annoying habit of stealing shiny things like gold and jewels. That pile of sapphires over there is all hers.”

"Is that so..." Valrion said feeling somewhat dower at the thought, it reminded Valrion of Davanda when she was young. "She just needs a little guidance is all." she said raising her hand in front of her, a light growing within for a bit before flying over to Schirach.

“Why thank you, Valrion. That is so thoughtful of you.” Su’ule thought for a moment. “What kind of creature is that?”

"A monster of sorts, though born of no soul but my own. It'll keep her from hurting those she considers friend and will give aid in times of struggle, knowing the words needed to help her survive anything." Valrion said a little proud of the spontaneous gift.

Valrion saw the little light ball fly around the little dragon, trying to get her attention. As Valrion was looking at the child she winced, Ulmor looked at her with a quizzical expression.

"What is it my dear?"

"She has Yir's light in her soul."

“Knowing you, it sounds a little awkward to say such a thing, but I know what you mean.” Su’ule stated. “I’ve noticed ever since you did that, she seems a little too sure of herself. She tries to fight me on occasion. It’s getting a little maudlin.”

Valrion was visibly uncomfortable "I... I'm sorry Su'ule, I could not stop them at the time. I can, no I will, lessen the burden of arrogance Yir has placed upon her soul." With the wave of their hand the little light monster glowed. "It should be able to help, given enough time, in lessening the effect of the sun's overwhelming ego. She just needs someone who she looks up to."

“Well thank you again Valrion. . . “ Su’ule looks towards baby Schirach as three eyed dragon bounced around the caverns. “Say thank you to the nice man, Schirach!”
    Su’ule then was concerned with the disappearance of other deities. “Do you happen to know what has happened to Alatadriel and Chern? They have not been their annoying selves.”

Schirach looked at Valrion and opened her snout to speak. . . “Thank you Vawion!” She said in a perky voice of a little girl.

Even though Valrion's eyes were covered she still visibly winced a little at the "nice man" part, silently cursing her small chest and concealing robes. Glancing at the vague shape that was Ulmor Valrion felt the awkwardness and... humor that the man felt. Valrion's face almost puckered up in a childish display just to spite the man, but she was in front of others so she held back. Ulmor nevertheless noticed, and felt more humor! He chuckled a little! She wanted to shove him a little but again did not due to wanting to be a good role model for the child.

Hearing little Schirach's voice Valrion smiled "It is my pleasure little princess! Make sure to treat your companions well and everything will be fine eventually, I know you'll find many friends among my kind." she said with a optimistic tone that made Ulmor glad.

Valrion tapped a finger on her face in contemplation and looked up at Su’ule, "“As to Chern and Alatadriel I... I don't know? I think both of them are in Tria at the moment. I know the Fire Queen has just enacted a new law of reality, one I don't see a reason to oppose at the moment."

“Ah. . . that’s. . . interesting, I suppose. I can’t believe them. I wouldn’t be sobbing any tears if they were to suddenly. . . go away, but I don’t believe we need to lose anymore gods to those weird Prophets.”

Spoiler: Aid Su'ule!
    Show
    +2 Guidance: Valrion gifts a little monster friend to Schirach to over see and protect her, while young this little guardian will help keep Schirach's antics to a minimum and should provide aid in times of need when it comes to threats on her life later on in life.

It's capabilities are on par with those of a highly magical monster, drawing some of it's strength from Schirach herself. If the little guide is destroyed, a new one will appear in a day so long as Schirach is still alive and wills it to exist.

+1 Improvement: So long as Schirach has someone they look up to as well as their monster companion, they'll be able to learn over time to lessen the overwhelming arrogance that Yir instilled in them, at least enough to not let it endanger her life anymore. If she is in a situation where her arrogance would get her killed, she won't be too arrogant to ignore the possibility for survival.

+1 Giant: Giants will be Schirach's friends more easily, one or more always seeming to be nearby when she needs help to survive.

Valrion, Dulnori - The Emerald Castle:

Valrion appeared in the divine world in the Holy Temple as the sun was overhead in a pillar of light. Valrion did not look so different from when they last spoke to Dulnori, but she covered herself in robes to keep most of the unpleasant parts out of sight. As she took step after step, Valrion would be seen as confidently strolling down the divine castles halls towards the Emerald Castle of Dulnori, only bumping into a wall a handful of times before Valrion reached an entrance into the Emerald Castle.

Before entering Valrion said "Dulnori, you hear me right? I wish to speak with you, may I enter?"

There was a loud scraping noise as the castle internals reshuffled, and the door opened itself leading to the tar pit. The rhinoceros was totally submerged, his voice heard in the popping of the petroleum bubbles.

You can visit any time shining star” he replied.

Valrion’s masked may have covered her eyes but uncertainty reached her lips as she smelled the tar and heard it bubble. Nonetheless she stepped inside with a quick bow of the head and friendly wave after having one hand be used to keep her robes from touching the ground.

Valrion did not approach near the pit itself, staying away from the edge while looking at Dulnori “Thank you, excuse me for not getting closer but I’m still uncertain about where non-living things are.” the uncertainty on their face was replaced with relief “It’s good to talk with you… like this, in person and with my own voice. Dulnori my friend, I’m now free to say that because of you.”

The rhinoceros was laying on his back at the bottom of the pool, eyes closed, utterly and totally relaxed. His answer came slowly and lazily, “I’m glad for you. You’ve done so well, and will keep doing so well. It’s a splendid time we live in. So much growth, and so many old problems wiped away. My debts are nearly repaid.

Valrion nodded as she kept her gaze upon Dulnori, sighing as she summoned a tall chair behind to sit on. "That is good to hear, but I wanted to ask you two questions that I think you could give clarity to easily. The first being... well: your disdain for Yir was some of the greatest in the world. You must know that I have memories of being them, the full first age in my mind. How much of ire from then should be directed towards me now?"

More self-loathing, holding Valrion back, keeping them from moving forwards. Dulnori never thought this would be such a big problem, “Those memories are lies. They were implanted in you, and you should just forget them. You deserve no ire, if anything you deserve praise. You risked your own life to cut down the fire demon, I’d say that more than deals with blood debt.

"Really? I... I suppose you are correct, even as my heart finds it's hard to grasp the truth it feels lighter nonetheless by your praise." Valrion said relieved even if she was uncertain about some of what Dulnori said. "As I've not been a god for som- ever, I wanted to ask you: What are my responsibilities to my people in your mind? I wished to escape Yir's grasp over me to lead a life of my own design, away from the politics and opinions of the masses; but as a god is that not what I must embrace more? This life that has suffocated me for so long?"

Dulnori stood up, and dragged himself out of the pit. This problem demanded seriousness. He couldn’t have Valrion give up now, not after all the work he had done. He took human shape, and the gambler spoke with confidence, “I can’t tell you everything, but I can tell you why I do what I do. When I first emerged from the soil I saw a harsh world, and a people who struggled bravely in spite of it. I had the strength to make their lives better, and so I did. I didn’t have to help them, but if I hadn’t, I don’t know if I could’ve lived with the guilt. My question is, do you think you can help your people? And if you don’t, do you think your conscience could stand it?

Valrion looked at the humanoid Dulnori in the face while he spoke before looking down at her hands. "I-I can do so much. I can continue to be emperor for a time and expand my efforts as Yir is not restricting me anymore, as well as micro-manage godly power to create a utopia on this world-!" she put her face into her hands "But I'm so selfish as well, I don't think I'll do all of that, be emperor anymore. It hurts to know that I could lead them and don't, but to stay invites pain as well." She was a tense ball at the moment thinking about the problem.

Valrion was sounding almost like Yir, leaving Dulnori scared and guilty. “She’s cracking. I’ve gone too far trying to push her this way, even when I knew she wasn’t stable,” he thought, “What can I do? I’ve got to stop this before she breaks. I need to calm her down. What calms me down?” With that thought the floor beneath Valrion gave way, dropping her into the pit. The Castle’s intelligence recognized her avatar’s injuries in a way Dulnori couldn’t, and so the bubbling oil became a clear pool of warm cascading water. When she fell Dulnori said, “You can’t make a utopia, and you can’t leave them behind either. You don’t need to be the emperor to help.

Valrion was flaying around in the pool for a bit, surprised at the sudden change and need to keep buoyant. Water went in her head through her sockets, it did not hurt but it really jolted Valrion. After a few moments she surfaced and went to the side of the pool, removing her mask and tried to get the water out of her empty sockets. Valrion was focused on this for a bit, thinking on what Dulnori said.

Finally when enough was out that it did not feel weird, Valrion put the mask back (the burn lines seemed a little more faded) over her face leaning against the side of the pool with most of her body under the water. After a bit just lying there she laughed, "Hehehhahaha!" a smile was there when she said "Yes, it's true, and I suppose helping is all I can do despite my power."

Dulnori felt a wave of relief, “I thought I broke you for a second there.” After a pause, he said, “I’m, sorry. For a long time I thought of you as a project, or an investment. I was always thinking of how I could get the most out of our relationship, that’s why I tried to push you so hard earlier. I wanted to make sure you wouldn’t forget our pact, and I thought prodding your wounds would help. Can you forgive me?

Valrion's sudden delight faded quite quickly as she looked at Dulnori then down at the ground, her not going away but becoming less bright. "I... I think I've always know that Dulnori. I look up to you, yet in my heart... I knew that I was a means to an end. I cannot blame you, for despite that I've been-" strange, Valrion did not notice when tears started to fall before now or that her voice was getting a little choked "-I'm still grateful for the help I've received, no matter the cause why." Were they shaking? "I forgive your intentions, if you forgive mine, for have I not been as selfish? Clinging to you for freedom from Yir, and even now I come to speak about my troubles."

Dulnori, almost exasperated answered, “You have a right to speak. How could that be selfish? It’s not selfish of you to want freedom, and I was the one invading your dreams and driving you to violence. It’s because of you that I became the worm. I have nothing to forgive you for.

Valrion did not really know what to say, she felt like she was somehow in the wrong but at the same time knew saying "sorry" was not the answer here. Crawling out of the pool she found her muscles not working right and decided to teleport out in a pillar of light to the edge, dripping head to toe as the robes clung to her form. She shook her head "Ha... again you say something that I think is true but my heart readily rejects. If you don't think I am at fault for how I've treated you, then I'll think the same of you towards me. Just... please, let us make a new pact. To be friends, you and I."

Dulnori smiled and shook her hand,“It’s struck.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-06-14 at 09:29 PM.

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ogre in the Playground

Support for actions this round:

Spoiler: The Dragon's Hoard
    Show

+2 Water/+2 Healing: Petr provides the Dragon's Hoard with an aquasphere that ensures the ecospheres sheltered won't lack for food or drink.
    +2 Justice: Nerassus helps keep the various biospheres distinct, keeping them from accidentally bleeding into one another, and hindering them from willfully interfering with one another.

Spoiler: Draconic demigod
    Show

+2 Water/+2 Healing: By submerging herself in water, the dragon can slowly regenerate lost limbs.

Spoiler: Chosen Bird People
    Show
    +2 Moon: Avestra's people will be able to move about with their balloon plants, using only the moon for light to navigate.
    +2 Justice: Avestra's people will have an uncanny ability to notice the tell-tale signs of animal abusers.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Apologism:

In the palace of Rokanon, Sporeweaver and the queen were practicing as usual. Magic training was bitter work, but a necessity if the queen was to set the right example for her people.

“I think you’ve made great progress Celia,” said Sporeweaver, “I think we ought to do some training outside the city, to see how you measure up without restraints.”

“Finally,” replied Ironhide, her tiredness was audible. “Any more training here and I think my voice might give out forever.” “Not that I think I’ll be very impressive,” she added sadly.

“Don’t say that, you're improving quickly.”

“But I still haven’t trained for very long,” after a pause she said, “Rurin, do you think any of this will really matter?”

“Of course it will,” he replied, “We’ve solved the problem of human magic use.”

“The more I think, the less I’m sure about that. Humans can cast spells now, but they’ll always be second rate, relying on borrowed mana. Why have a human cast for you, instead of a Cero? It will help, but I’m not sure if it’ll be enough to really overcome our problems. I think that we may need something more drastic.”

“What do you mean?”

“We need something special. Something that really belongs to humans, something only they can do, a niche for them to fill.” As she said this her tone changed, before she was almost wistful, now she seemed passionate. She made wide dramatic gestures, like she was giving a speech. Where was the crowd she was trying to convince?

“Niche? You’re sounding like Dulnori. Now that I think about it, this has something to do with him doesn’t it?”

“He thinks we can use our blessing for something more than second rate casting. And I don't think he's wrong. We need something more Rurin, something to justify the blessing.”

Sporeweaver was becoming more and more confused, “Justify, why do we need to justify anything?”

“It’s what the royal family has always done Rurin, we take on the burden that Dulnori can’t.”

“But what’s being justified?” he asked. “Why does the blessing need to be involved at all? And honestly, if this problem is so big, why not just ask Dulnori for another way to circumvent the blessing. He can just create something special for you.”

“He can’t Rurin, we need to use the blessing itself. Some part of it has to be useful, has to make our lives easier, has to make us important, has to do something good at all.” said Ironhide. She sounded like she was pleading, but Sporeweaver couldn’t tell to who.

“But why does that matter? Why doesn’t he take direct action?”

Ironhide stopped and prepared, like she was bracing herself for impact. She didn’t want to say it out loud, but had no answer other than, “Because if he does then my mother died for nothing.”

“Oh, oh I see.” It was so obvious, and Sporeweaver felt deep shame that he couldn’t realize it sooner.

18. - Top - End - #468
    Ogre in the Playground

Valrion - Yimor, the Shining Court:

It has been weeks now since the disturbance that had kept the emperor confined to their home, dreadful nightmares had been shown to the people of the land that were asleep at the time but the vast majority of sugrandi were awake at the time leaving them unaware. Yet these dreamers spoke out furiously against Valrion, speaking of the death of Yir and the doom that will come for all from the wicked demi-god’s actions. These prophets, while initially called insane and not taken seriously, were beginning to be listened to more as time passed with no sight or sound of the emperor or their daughter…

The Court itself did not know what to make of the situation, itself consisting of only one member who saw the visions, a young man from the lands of Ulononor who was a known layabout. He, like the others, spoke of the death of Yir, but his account was more grey than what was being spread through the public. Mainly in that he said that Valrion did not seem motivated by wickedness. His words however were dismissed, being of the mist cult his bias against Yir was something the Court assumed.

Some conflict had occurred, the fact that so many healers were called to Holy High in a single day proves that, but the healers themselves were either kept up on Holy High or were not speaking on the matter. Most of the Immortals were also seen from those at the gates of Holy High, Viktor confusing the crowds gathered at the gates to Holy High more than once with his brief appearances, but as of yet none of them have given any information to the people despite their pleas.

Inside the palace that held the Court in Yimor the representatives were finding that ignoring the issue was becoming harder and harder, yet acknowledgement of something as unthinkable as Yir’s death was something that began to be whispered among the councilmen and discussion began to drift more often towards the ‘spectators’ the ‘mad men’.

On this particular day something new happened, another council member openly stated their acceptance of the visions and rumors; sparking a debate on the topic that shook the palace to its foundations from the combined might of the councilman's righteous fury and stubborn will. It was the scene in which Elmwood walked in on unannounced.

Standing in the entrance of the room like a statue, the man simply stated, his voice reached the far ends of the grand room even as it’s tone was clear without echo “Valrion will be here shortly.” before turning around and leaving.

The room stared at the Immortal with disbelief and arrogance (some thought of Valrion as little more than an Immortal with a large ego), yet all knew that remaining calm and keeping face was what was needed now so patiently awaited the emperor’s arrival while glancing at the throne.

After a long pause where the councilmen began to suspect that Elmwood had delivered some sort of prank a figure appeared upon the throne in a pillar of light. But the one that appeared was nothing like the council expected; for upon the throne was a diminutive woman of only moderate height, unable to even grasp the arms of the throne, covered in robes and mysteriously masked in a way that made the councilmen distrustful.

“Wench by Above why do you dare sit upon the Emperor’s Throne?” A furious sahgori man stated, barely holding back his simmering rage at the heretical sight only because the blatant display of teleportation frightened him the rest of the assembly.

“I am Valrion, councilman Urandal of Upper Javil.” she leaned back unconsciously.

It was ridiculous, she looked like a sick child that had decided to sit upon a normal throne. No one who looked upon her could take her at her word. Only Urandal himself seemed quieted from the intruder’s words, the rest raging against her with their combined perfect wills (far from Immortal level, but enough to warp outer properties), making the throne red hot and pressuring her with as much weight as they could just from their unconscious hate. One openly started a solarmantic attack “Will Above I call down your Grace into me, send your voice down to me so I may-”

STOP! You WILL recognize me, even if I must use this voice you intended to use against ME!” Came a booming voice from above, the vast majority of the councilmen recognizing it from a lifetime of study.

Silence gripped the room before Urandal meekly asked “Yir?”

Valrion gave an exasperated sighed “No, Valrion. I am the New Dawn, for Yir is no more, their voice and power mine.”

Everyone in the room was stunned as truth sunk in, white faces across most of the sugrandi and others in the chamber, many had their legs give out from sudden weakness and more than one counselor puked.

Valrion could not look at them, frowning and looking down with an uncomfortable look on her lips. “I will not apologize, it was what needed to be done. I don’t expect forgiveness, just that you understand what has occurred.” The golden masked face looked up, and Valrion bore the chaotic explosive emotions the sugrandi felt and the fear the more forign representatives were held by. “I cannot continue to be your emperor anymore so I relinquish the throne; however, I will still guide you whether you accept it or not so that no forgien god may hold sway over you, and to promote improvement in all mortal-kind through you.” Valrion was exhausted.

For a third time Urandal gathered his nerve “You intend to be our god? You? Your arrogance knows no bounds, I’ll never believe that Yir is completely gone despite this madness. I reject you, usurper! If you have given up the throne then you have no right to be here anymore! Begone!” Everyone in the room besides Valrion stared at him in disbelief.

Valrion herself just nodded “I shall then, but know that soon I will give unto the land a great many gifts, many needed many more for simple improvement. Be prepared for it.” Some looked at Valrion with awe, many more with fright, and some like Urandal with open hatred. She just sat there for a moment before saying “Goodbye.” and leaving in a pillar of light.

Valrion appeared back in her room upon Holy High, collapsing on the bed with a groan. She was exhausted and saddened after that, even if it was for the betterment of herself and the ICA. Lightly hugging a pillow she looked at the wall, unable to sleep due to the voice of Yir still stuck in her head. Valrion was a bit startled when a voice piped up from behind her.

“Hello dea-” Came the overdue voice of Dinel before he was interrupted.

“Ah!” Valrion said sitting up and turning to face him, a smile appearing quickly at sensing his soul. “Sorry.” Valrion said a bit half-heartedly as he chuckled.

“Tis fine Valrion, did the resignation go well? Feels like a dream that the day’s come.” He said thinking back to the struggle it’d been to get Valrion to leave Yimor for just a break in the past.

“Yes, though it was far less pleasant than I’ve envisioned it might have played out before. I was too weary to give them my proper attention, but to wait would only have made things worse I think.” Valrion said as Dinel walked over to her, sitting next to her on the bed. Valrion could not look at him when she asked “How is Davanda?”

A bit of air escaped Dinel as he put a hand on Valrion’s shoulder “Better, Davanda’s strong and has a forgiving heart. She’s recently taken Shooting Star and left for the Gnawlands again. Though when I asked if she wanted me to join her she declined,” he chuckled “well after a bit of back and forth she agreed to have me check in on her once she reaches the Gnawlands. She’s grown so much.” He ended with a bit of wistful regret in his voice.

“Dinel…” Valrion said, putting her hand over his not knowing what to say.

“It could not be avoided I know, and things will get better.” He said before getting amused and saying “Valrion, you don’t have to do anything in the near future right? And Davanda is traveling north. Why don’t you and me…”

Valrion, Avestra, Dinel - The Coast of the Sunset Forest:

Upon the skies of the western waters to Axia the twin sail of Shooting Star, Primanavil, soared with little care under the warm mid-day sun. While this mode of travel was incredibly slow compared to what Valrion and Dinel were capable of, it was a bit of an outing for the two of them. By the time Primanavil was in sight of the Sunset Forest’s coast, Valrion was taking a nap lying back side up on a bench.

“Val, we’ve made it.” Dinel gently said as he kneeled down beside Valrion.

Valrion just made a few moaning noises.

Dinel poked her cheek “Come on, you don’t want the Soaring Lady seeing you like this right?”

~

Avestra settled down on her perch, shutting her eyes and letting the ancient tree inform her of everything that had changed in the forest during her last trip. A small wildfire had broken out and then subsided in the far south. Another tribe had chosen to align with the Crow Republic. And something… someone of quite some power was approaching the coast. That was interesting. She swooped out of the tree and set out to the east to meet her new guests.

The ship wasn’t hard to find, gently floating above the Trian coast like a ripe balloon plant. Avestra swept down, perching beside the masked woman apparently napping on a wooden bench.

“I must congratulate you, I suppose,” she said.

Dinel froze at the voice, and saw Valrion startle awake as well. Valrion looked up and around, her mask not on properly and her hair a mess. “Wha-Who… oh no.” she whispered. Valrion quickly did her best to wake up fully as they sat up and looked at Avestra, using her godly power to unwrinkle her clothing and her hand to try and brush her hair (does not work); Valrion looked over to Avestra with a smile and red cheeks of embarrassment. ““Good afternoon lady, please excuse that. Thank you, without you or Dulnori I would not have survived.”.”0

“To be lifted to godhood is… a first,” Avestra said, tilting her head. “I hope you aren’t finding the responsibilities too much.”

Valrion put her head in a hand, looking forward in contemplation “It’s not like how I re- I mean, it’s not what I expected. Certainly not worth the trouble on it’s own, but it’s better than it could have been; if I became the sun…” Valrion shivered. “I would have gone mad.” Valrion took in a deep breath, "My responsibilities in and of themselves... I am still trying to come to grasp with them, but it'll be alright."

“There are few who would be better prepared than yourself,” Avestra said, preening her feathers. “What brings you out this way, anyway?”

“I wanted to ask for your aid in a gift I am designing for my people.” She reached into her robes, pulling out a few seeds the size of avocado seeds, some smooth like marble yet a brilliant gleam, others a cloudy white with specs of green and blue. “These to be exact, unfinished little seeds that’ll complete the land above.” Valrion looked at them “Some of these are the first City Seeds, and others are Sky seeds; both need the other to survive. I wish to hear your thoughts on this idea.”

Avestra took a seed from Valrion’s outstretched hand, studying it in her claws.

“Are these what I think they are?” she asked. “Seeds to create a new ecosystem?”

Valrion gives a nod of the head “Indeed, these little ones will sprout to fill the gaps that the reckless ascension of the land left and more. Men will no longer have to carve stone from the earth to create grand structures, and the skies above the promised land will be like a new ocean with multitudes of life.”

Avestra nodded in approval.

“And I assume these won’t prejudice the existing life forms on the continent, correct?”

Valrion was shifting the seeds around in her hand "I would not imagine massively so, but to say not at all is something I cannot guarantee; especially since I cannot predict what others shall do to the land once I plant these seeds. I can say however they will save the land from the slow curse of Petr which would otherwise destroy the ecosystem there over centuries."

“I will do what I can to ensure that the old coexists with the new,” Avestra said, clicking her tongue in thought. “My forest is safe from Petr’s curse, but I can see how the rest of the continent would suffer without these.”

Valrion nodded smiling, putting a hand under her mask to rub her eyes before putting them back down when she remembered she had none “Thank you, your simple approve in this matter is important to me, and hearing that you’ll help to keep the old and new working in harmony lightens my heart more. Though if I might be so bold as to ask, would you bless one creature in particular for me?”

She turned over one of the sky seeds, and with her finger pointed down at a little speck of white-ish blue. “The wind leviathans, they shall be one of the keystones in this project. As beings of winds and clouds, they shall be some of greatest aid in bringing relief to the continent.”

“There are few creations of the gods as majestic as these creatures.” Avestra tilted her head. “I will help you with these leviathans.”

“Again my thanks. Is there anything else you would like to know about this project?”

“I think my questions have been adequately answered,” Avestra said, raising her wings. “I look forward to seeing what comes of this.”

Valrion just nodded thankful for the conversation "Then if that is everything-" before she felt a nudge on her shoulder.

"Val, remember what we are doing?" Dinel said, on the other side of Valrion on the bench, having just listened to the gods talk silently.

It was like a light bulb lit "Oh I completely forgot!" Valrion said looking at Dinel before giving a bit of a sheepish smile "Um, may we spend a few days above the Sunset Forest Avestra? I've never really had the opportunity to see any part of Tria before."

“Of course,” Avestra said, making a sound that in some reality might have been a chuckle. “A little due south of here is a small port, if you wish to refuel or meet with the locals.”

"Hee hee, we might just try that!" Valrion said excitedly at the idea.

Valrion - The Promised Land:

After a time above and in the Sunset Forest Valrion decided to appear above the Promise Land, a shimmering light holding them aloft. Valrion looked down upon the broken land below which was full of so many people, so many places that needed to be preserved and indeed enhanced. They looked up, only the sun being dimly visible to them, yet the wind promised opportunity and the power to keep below safe. To the lands below Valrion threw the seeds of their most recent labor, a dream and desire made manifest to them.

They would soon sprout and all would be better for it.

Spoiler: Action!
    Show
    24-16 = 8 AP Left

Create Unique Ecosystem - Ties of Man and Sky:

This ecosystem as of writing this consists of two main parts, the city and sky. The relationship between the two is mostly that of convenience, with the lifeforms of the sky generally gathering and generating clouds with give water down below and the lifeforms living in the city giving a place for many of the sky creatures to reproduce, find substance, and on occasion live in for some of the smaller species that live in both environments.

+2 Guidance +1 Giant - Urban Life:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Through Valrion’s intervention there is a place for nature now in city life, a multitude of life-forms that coexist with giants, humans, terrors, and any other that might establish permanent residence in the Promised Land. Establishing as many, if not more, ties to sapient creatures as they do the skies this urban flora and fauna come in a variety of useful shapes and sizes. Though mostly of the mundane variety a few notable or central examples of these lifeforms being:

Lampwood: A comparatively small and thin tree similar to bamboo in texture it quickly grows where it can through shoots. When it reaches its maximum height (typically around 15ft tall) a lampwood tree will produce bioluminescent flowers and fruit which shine brightly at night. This bioluminescence quality only functions for one night if the flower or fruit is removed. Possibly weed-like if allowed to grow as it wills, many creatures make use of the fruit and nectar that the lampwood produces, and humanoids gain a source of light at night (incentivising them to keep plenty).

Living Towers: These great tree-like creatures are closer to fungi in texture on the inside, their forms capable of easily storing water and other substances. Naturally they are a home to many multitudes of the sky and urban creatures, as well as the precipitator for many of the life-processes of the life-forms. They also can be used by sapient creatures if they are shaped by a skilled (or multiple skilled for anything complex) shaman early on, even being able to have their outer back be replaced with other substances that are available to the tower. Notably they are also connected to the Leviathans, the tops of the towers needing to be prepared by giant shamans for the leviathan’s egg(s).

Scum Swimmer: A fish-like creature specifically made to be able to endure the worse that sewers could produce, consuming the creatures that eat the waste in the water. It’s important in keeping the sewer creature population in check. They are a mix sign of disease and yet also it’s removal.

+2 Sun +1 Improvement- Sea of Winds:
    Spoiler
    Show

From the grace of the sun above do creatures fly above the promised land, some with wings many others through spiritual energy that let’s them almost swim in the skies. There are many things here which would remind a passing visitor of the seas below, Valrion having more than fleeting inspiration from it. From the skies the promised lands are restored, and in return it takes space and respect. Some of the noteworthy creatures being:

Sky Coral: These creatures are green beasts that are only similar to their name sake in shape a little else, for they are more plant or fungi than animal. It grows in large sections high above the promised land providing shelter for those creatures that endure such altitudes. When they die they slowly descend over a matter of a century or two, being consumed slowly by other creatures. Those that grew large enough and die may be suitable for temporary habitation, but eventually even the highest ones will fall down to the earth.

Wind Shrimp: These creatures look like insectoid versions of shrimp, and are often seen in large numbers high above the promised land, especially near Leviathans. They consume small nearly unseeable creatures while they themselves are consumed by a variety of creatures.

Leviathans: Massive creatures vaguely in the shape of a whale these creatures are the top of the food chain for the sky, consuming almost everything else (besides sky coral) when it suits them, though they favor wind shrimp. Leviathans normally travel in pairs with young, moving large swarms of wind shrimp somehow instinctively without magic. They have the ability to manipulate clouds and wind, it’s rare to see one with the sky clear as most of the time they summon dark raining clouds around them as a sign of strength and fertility to other Leviathans. Lonely leviathans can make black clouds and storms. While they provide water for the continent, they will abandon places that attack them or others with them, teaching their young to not visit there through example; leaving hostile lands without rain.

Support for Others:

Spoiler: Help Petr
    Show
    +2 Sun +1 Improvement: Light can be temporarily called down at will by solarmancers inside these towers to act as any sort of non-supernatural matter so long as it’s day. These creations can take any shape, but the size is limited to how strong the solarmancer is (though this does not take their mana). The creations fade once either sunlight no longer touches the spire where the creation is held or the creation no long is under sunlight if outside a spire.

+2 Guidance: Subtle powers aid in the spires inhabitants abilities to learn a particular craft, such as a school of magic, smithing, farming, or something else. This talent boosting is random and minor, but over a whole population the effect is impressive.

Spoiler: Help Dulnori
    Show
    +1 Improvement +1 Giant: While no actual giants are given or asked to volunteer, as the tunnels are anathema to their way of thinking in some ways, extensive knowledge is instead given to the vault on all the cultures of the giants, those they interact with, and those that were eliminated by them. This is continually updated.

+2 Sun +2 Guidance: Light will be there where it’s welcomed, and shall guide those that have good intentions through the underground tunnels if there are no others to offer. Any danger presented to the vault or tunnels will find the light misleading and and perhaps deadly.

Spoiler: Help Avestra
    Show
    +2 Guidance: The people of the Avestra keep to tradition far stronger than most, when it suits them and the will of Avestra. Attempts to sway them to abandon their ways are doomed to failure.

+1 Improvement: The designs these people create for the ships that utilize the balloon plants will more rapidly than normal advance.
    Last edited by AlexanderML; 2020-06-21 at 08:18 PM.

19. - Top - End - #469

Chimera

Spoiler
    Show

+ 2 Monsters : Occasionally, when these creatures die out of unusual circumstances (enchanted by magic somehow, unusual corruptions) they transform into monstrous versions of themselves. They aren't evil or cursed but they could be dangerous. However they could still be tamed. By the way, yes, they can be tamed.

+ 2 Sorcery : magic users such as Su Sorcerers can conjure and manipulate the monsters in various ways, and can use body parts for spell reagents. Rare variants of these creatures can even manipulate magical effects. But to get the full extent of magic that these creatures can provide requires the mages to be stewards of them.

+ 1 Birth : These wind monsters can die, fall to the sea, live as sea creatures, then rise into the sky again to repeat the process.

Last edited by DarthArminius; 2020-06-21 at 03:15 PM.

20. - Top - End - #470
    Orc in the Playground

Avestra, Sunset Forest, Ebonbark Bay

Avestra felt Valrion's act to create new life and, as promised, added her own power to this.

Show
    Assist Valrion to create a new ecosystem with:

+2 Nature -- By Avestra's divine will, the new fauna and flora will integrate well with the existing ecosystems on the floating continent and therefore add to, rather than replace, their existing biodiversity.

+2 Birds -- Avestra creates the Leviathan plover, commonly known as cleaner birds. These small, hardy birds will happily feed on wind shrimp or any other small airborne prey but when given the opportunity will form a mutual relationship with leviathans. They will pluck parasites and small pieces of stuck food from the mouth of a willing sky whale, thus promoting good hygiene for the leviathan and earning a meal for themselves at the same time.

+1 Sky -- Avestra creates the sky spiders or skyders. These tiny arachnids live much of their life in the air, supported by balloons fashioned from spider silk. When insects or smaller wind shrimp become entangled in their balloon web, the skyder will leap into action and paralyse their prey, before wrapping them up in silk and storing them at the base of the balloon, where they will wait until the skyder needs its next meal.

Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-06-21 at 05:22 PM.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Valrion, Graw - Morganata, Ostrom:

It was mid-day after the majority of folk had entered or left the city till dusk when in the distance a pillar of light could be seen. Again and again they rapidly closed in on Ostrom; almost as fast as it began it ended revealing two figures.That of the radiant, golden, mighty and tall Wickered with his grin that made the ground hum with joy; and the golden masked Valrion holding onto his arm only two thirds his size and far more ordinary in appearance with her robes.

“Where next?” Valrion asked after a moment.

“I think we are close enough m’lady.” Wickered said looking down at her inspecting for any signs of her distress getting worse. “They must know we are here now.”

Almost right on cue Graw appeared in a flash of green light, beside him was his trustful companion Cheek. ”It is so good... to see you again... Valrion...what have you come… To ask of…”

“HEY” someone yelled in the distance.

”Oh...noooo.” Graw mumbled, both the visitors seeing the absolute terror in his eyes. Cheek also started sweating as they both simultaneously turned around.

“How dare you talk to these glowing long-haired simpletons without giving me a chance to give them a piece of my mind.” The figure yelled, they were a blue female tongue that had one of its horns broken off. “What am I not good enough to talk to one of your incompetent siblings.”

Cheek turned back to Graw. “Well it seems like you want to be alone for this so I’m just going to go wash the cat and feed the clothing.” Cheek then jumped into the nearby river and swam as fast as he could.

”WAIT! DON’T LEAVE ME!” Graw yelled in pure terror.

“Looks like gum disease decided to chicken out on us.” The female figure said as he walked up to the visitors. “So you’re one of boneheads fellow deities in the incompetence, how’s it going.”

Wickered snickered (the colors nearby becoming brighter at his voice) and Valrion's head tilted a little to the side awkwardly in confusion. "Umm, hello?" She said to the woman first then looked at Graw giving him a smile "It's so good to see you again, thank you for greeting me. I'm here to discuss about the recent divine influence I've released with you."

Graw simply took a deep breath and tried his best to pretend that the crazy woman wasn’t there. ”I am more than... willing to help...what do you ask… Of me…”

Meanwhile, this strange figure that somehow had the power to make Graw tremble impatiently tapped her foot.”You’re really going to go on with your dumb conversation without giving me any mind?” the figure said in frustration “You may be Gods but unlike you I, the great VIolin does not need divine powers to create works of art that end up killing people because of incompetence.” Violin then looked at the new sun god. “sorry not being direct by calling you by an insulting nickname, I’ve had a hard time coming up with one since replaced your father skin cancer.”

Wickered looked perplexed now, was this woman trying to insult people just for the sake of it? Valrion gave a bit of a wince, saying to Graw "I suppose she demands my attention, I hope you do not mind." Then with a smile that was filled with disappointment Valrion said "Child, accept my apologize for not addressing you." She keeled down a little "I am Valrion, god of no one. It is good to meet you, little Violin; I see you are using Yir's gift as your own very well."

Wickered raised an eyebrow.

Violin surprisingly nodded in return. “Hmmm…” She mumbled “I was thinking you were going to be like skin cancer. But humbleness with a bit of backhanded sass, very unexpected but funny, most people I talked to either don’t talk back or can’t handle their pride being shattered and go on a hissy fits like Nero.” she then turned her broken horn towards Valrion “15 years of torture can’t keep this woman down.”

Valrion nodded "Not even the passing of Ages can." Her attitude was dower, but hard to pin-point exactly in what way with the golden mask. Before Valrion could say anything though Wickered interrupted.

“My lady Valrion please, would you let me speak with her for a time? You may speak with lord Grawissen while we converse.”

Valrion looked over to Violin “Will you be alright? Is there something you wish to say or ask of me?”

Violin yawned “No, I just wanted to examine more of you so-called gods and I must say you at least you talk faster than bonehead” She turned towards Wickered “...besides you weren’t the one I wanted to talk too, hello Wickered...” she said snidely to Wickered. “...considering how much of an arrogant glorified lanternpost you probably don’t remember me…”

Graw Looked over at Valrion, ” Let us discuss... this in the library....as far away as… we can.”

Valrion gave a shrug, disappointment radiated off of her "Violin, please, before I go I wish to say... please don't be so swift to judge. It demeans your soul and makes you yourself less as you mock others or openly disrespect them just to challenge them." She looked over at Graw before looking down on the ground "Don't be like Yir." And disappeared in a pillar of light, calling out to Graw through divine means to lead her to the library.

Wickered just had his eyebrow raised at that, before giving a smirk at Violin "Don't worry Ms. Violin, I have not forgotten giving my word to Cheeks to help the 'weird scary tongue' if I had the time. I suppose that means he was referring to you?" He gave a hearty chuckle that made rings of light appear and radiate from his head before abruptly stopping raising an eyebrow "Hmm, well I suppose we should find somewhere private to speak. Do you have somewhere in mind or would you want me to create a private space for us?"

Violin raised an eyebrow. “Hmmm… Talent, okay let’s see what you got.”
    ----

Both Violin and Wickered stood on a small stage, much of the floorboard was broken and there was hardly any lighting besides Wick glowing aura. “I’m sorry about the accommodations but Nero did not enjoy the fine art of music, the place was mostly been abandoned for years but it can work well enough for your addition,” Violin said as she sat down in the front row. “... Now let’s see how you can sing.”

Wickered had a stony expression on his face, the situation here was certainly dire indeed if the musical talent of this land laid upon the back of this woman working out of here. It was absolutely disappointing compared to what he had imagined this woman and her project to be when he heard Cheeks request. He gave a sigh before thinking for a moment "Ms. Violin, how restricted should I make my voice? I can make this house filled with a full choir's worth of voices if you so desire, but if you wish I could lessen it's tone to a single mortal's voice."

Violin gave him a stern look. “I prefer to be a group effort if you don’t mind” Violin then threw a pamphlet at Wickered, “... Now then you are a small poor boy living under the suppression of Nero, show me how well you can act it.”

Wickered picked it up and looked at her with a sigh "Alright" and walked off the stage, leaving a small boy behind in the image of a poor boy he saw walking here, perfect to the detail with some extra ones added to show the wear being under the king might have had. Wickered was reading the pamphlet as he walked, having the boy preform the act not looking at it knowing it would be real if for only so long as Wickered willed the boy into being. As he finally got next to Violin and sat down having finished the pamphlet he started to watch the performance with Violin.

Wickered shrugged "I'm not a performer, so the dance parts may need work."

violin remained in silence as the rest of the audition played, when it ended she looked at Wick. “The singing was flawless and the dancing was incredible but you have completely failed my audition.” Violin responded coldly. “you can try again to see where you messed up.”

Wickered shrugged "Alright, no need I accept your judgment in this." He was relaxed.

Violin smiled at the Giant, “Well I guess you're okay with failing in auditions to a child's play, I would assume a perfectionist would actually be able to pass something like that with flying colors. most of the kids who did my auditions for this play and passed it. Is a kid better than you?”

Wickered let out some air, leaned back and said thinking back "Ms. Violin, do you know what the last lesson a perfectionist must learn?" he looked up and gave her a wink "That we don't need anyone's approval anymore. It's great honestly, but took me decades to learn after my students left me."

Violin looked a little bit surprised but at the same time quite happy. “Quite impressive…” She said as she got up and started walking towards the door. “It is a shame I couldn't find a spot but maybe I can write a role just for you at one point if you ever want to work together.”

Wickered did not understand this woman. He sighed, stood up with an arm behind his head rubbing his back "That sounds nice Ms. Violin, till then."

22. - Top - End - #472
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Spoiler: Help Valrion:
    Show
    +2 Ambition: A company of golden dragons is sent in to aid the ecosystem, by getting rid of invasive species, namely the Hua-ling. You can imagine exactly how that’s done.

+2 Fortune: To protect the Leviathans from hunters, they are lucky creatures. They are good at outrunning poachers, with strange winds slowing arrows and speeding them up.

+2 Harken Steppe: On the point four blocks to the right, four down, grows a massive living tower connecting that edge of the Harken Steppe with the Promised Land. It’s sturdy and is impacted heavily and easily by magic.

Spoiler: Help Aladatriel:
    Show
    +1 Sailing: Alchemic vials keep well on boats, being unlikely to crack or fall even during tumultuous tides.

+2 Harken Steppe: Alchemy works differently in the Harken Steppe as Dulnori decides to issue corrections to what he sees as flaws in the original design. The moon salve does nothing, and if already in use deactivates when entering the steppe. The regeneration salve is painless. Decanters are not toxic to mortal flesh, they simply do nothing unless they already had a specific effect. Finally, for mystical currency exchange, salves and decanters that are poured or rubbed onto manacaps will be consumed and converted into mana, except the regeneration decanter.

23. - Top - End - #473

Chimera

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjazz View Post
    The Capital City, Alatadriel, 30/100AP
    Alatadriel had called nearly the entire Empire together this day as she stood poised over a table. "I have gathered you today so that you may be the first to recognize one of the greatest moments of history that will ever be witnessed in anyone's lives. It is my magnum opus. Not as clumsy and random as sorcery. More elegant magic, for a more civilized age. With the deepest aplomb and brightest of welcomes. I introduce to humanity that of ALCHEMY!"
    Show
    20AP/16 DC: Create a law of Reality, Alchemy
    Show

Spoiler
    Show
    Help Alatadriel

+ 2 Monsters : Alchemy can be used to create Monsters in quicker ways than the Mandate Of Su'ule.

+ 2 Sorcery : People who practice Alchemy in an altered way for their own power and knowledge are called "Witches". Devotion to alchemy and sorcery at the same time via combining it with enchantment or High Sorcery is called "Witchcraft".

+ 1 Birth : With the fertility blessing combined with the birth blessing, Alchemy can create large amounts of monsters over time.

Last edited by DarthArminius; 2020-06-27 at 09:51 PM.

24. - Top - End - #474
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Spoiler: Help
    Show
    The Dragon’s hoard
    +2 knowledge and +1 writing: within the Horad there will be a collection of knowledge that the dragons collect from all around the world. They will be one of the safest places for all of the writing of the world
    +2 mining: the caverns themselves will naturally have an abundance of natural resources that the dragons themselves can dig up as they naturally expand their caves.

Show

Ties of Man and Sky
    +2 knowledge: the people of this land will have a keen knowledge of how to navigate the sky.
    +2 mining: Even in the sky there will be material growing from clouds called. Cloudmick, this material is as soft of the pillow but as unbreakable and sturdy like steel. Quite common in the clouds and extremely good building material the people of the sky will be able to fetch a pretty penny considering that they will have the easiest time collecting them.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ogre in the Playground

Show
    Action: 12 AP/8DC
    Influence 100,000 mortals. Create the Chimera Corps:
    The police/army of the cult. Goals: most of the corps is stationed in the cults sects to serve as police and military police. A smaller section will travel the glob trying to aid people in other lands who seek to reach asylum as well as expand the maps of the world. Serving in this army fulfills the requirements to become a Chimera under the rule of Su'ule, which is where they get their name.
    +2 War: they shall be the greatest army in the world tasked with gathering knowledge of all combat styles into the twilight throne
    +1 Asylum
    +2 Architecture (The Corp will build strategic defenses throughout the lands they control)
    +2 sacrifice: serving is considered the ultimate honor but also the ultimate sacrifice
    +2 cult
    +2 twilight Archipelago: this will be the base of operations for the Chimera Corps

Spoiler: help
    Show
    Help Graw Immortilize the Hope office:
    +2 war: they shall forever be the commander and chief of the Chimera Corps
    +2 twilight Archipelago: when the hope dies, the symbols of the office return to the homeland until a new hope is crowned
    +2 cult
    +2 sacrifice: Thalia sacrifices her life to become a force ghost to guide future hopes for eternity. This will inspire many hopes to behave similarly

Spoiler: help
    Show
    Help prophecy

Thalia is suddenly consumed and adds to the prophecy.

The mad ones cult shall lose all hope
    With this new tragedy they shall cope
    Enter the realm of monsters and madness
    Through a realm of trials and sadness
    An eye shall watch and see all they fear
    Until the cult loses what they hold most dear
    +2 war
    +2 sacrifice
    +2 cult
    +2 twilight archipelago
    -2 fear

Show
    Help Avestra's chosen people:
    They shall always find safety among the cult, their allies in war and peace alike. A section of the Chimera Corps will be dedicated to the service of the people of the wing
    +2 cult
    +2 war
    +2 asylum

Spoiler: Help***
    Show

Dulnori may freely use the domains of Timorin (including architecture) on their action

26. - Top - End - #476
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ymon-Thal (24 AP) 12 AP/8 DC: Ymon-Thal and Thal-Verys immortalize Ymon-Desha
    (1d20+11)[12]

Petr (42 AP) 22 AP/18 DC: Influence the world Petr and Nerassus will create the domain of the ocean people
    (1d20+41)[56]

Su'ule (22 AP) 12 AP/8 DC: Immortalize Schirach

(1d20+14)[27]

Avestra (45 AP)[/b] 20 AP/16 DC: Assign chosen people: the People of the Wing for

(1d20+25)[36]

Grawissen (30 AP) 12 AP/8 DC: immortalize the position of hope

(1d20+12)[17]

Valrion (26 AP) 18 AP/14 DC: Create Unique Ecosystem - Ties of Man and Sky:

(1d20+26)[44]

Alatadriel (30 AP) 20AP/16 DC: Create a law of Reality, Alchemy

(1d20+18)[30]

[b]Timorin (36 AP)[b] 12 AP/8DC: Influence 100,000 mortals. Create the Chimera Corps:

(1d20+11)[23]

Dulnori (32 AP) 18 AP/14 DC: create an unbounded plane of reality.

(1d20+25)[28]

27. - Top - End - #477
    Dwarf in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Using the gifted domains:
    Spoiler: Help from Timorin:
    Show
    +2 Cult: A few cult volunteers would establish homesteads in the tunnels.
    +2 War: The defenders of the hoard shall be mighty warriors, determined
    +1 Games: In this dimension, omens read from games are far more than mere superstition.
    +2 Architecture: Buildings here shall be sturdy and easy to build.

28. - Top - End - #478
    Dwarf in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Ymon-Thal (12 AP):Ymon-Desha has been immortalize

Petr (20 AP): The domain of the ocean people will rise from the ground changing the world forever.

Su'ule (10 AP): Schirach has been immortalize

Avestra (25 AP): The People of the Wing has been given Avestra's blessing

Grawissen (18 AP): the position of hope has been immortalized

Valrion (10 AP): Ties of Man and Sky has formed, a new ecosystem with incredible diversity of life

Alatadriel (10 AP): a new system of reality has come the challenge the Paths and Su magic, alchemy

Timorin (24 AP): Chimera Corps has been made to protect the cult, they shall stand against their adversaries.

Dulnori (14 AP) : The unbound reality of The Dragon’s hoard has been created.

The Blood Curse(??? AP): as much as the gods try to stop it. the Titans will come

29. - Top - End - #479
    Orc in the Playground

Inyoni, Sunset Forest, Ebonbark Bay

It was late afternoon on the day that Inyoni and Kismet finally reached the grove in which Avestra's Perch lay. The ancient tree stood apart from the others, with little to mark its sacred status except for its sheer number of tangled branches.

"Am I allowed to touch it?" Inyoni asked.

"I don't think Avestra would mind," Kismet said, shrugging. He led the old woman up to the tree and guided her hands to its trunk. A wide smile spread across her face.

"Finally, after so long," she said, "I feel as if I'm home again." She then winced, taking a few steps back and sitting down on a nearby log.

"What's the matter?" Kismet asked anxiously.

"Just... feeling a little tired from the journey," Inyoni said, giving him a pained smile.

"Should I fetch some water? There's a stream nearby."

"Yes, please."

Kismet skipped off into the undergrowth, only realising when he was most of the way to the stream that he would need something to carry the water in. He then spent some time locating the empty half of a chestnut burr, eventually selecting the largest one he could find and filling it to the brim, before returning to the clearing. As he approached Inyoni, he realised that she was lying to one side, her body motionless.

"Inyoni?!" he cried, running up to the old woman and shaking her by the arm. "Wake up, Inyoni!"

She was unresponsive to his cries. Trembling, Kismet put his finger to her neck. There was no pulse.

"No, you can't die yet! We... we never got to go back to your village like you said we would..."

Kismet wrapped his arms around Inyoni and held tight, trying to prevent whatever life remained in her from escaping. Tears ran down his cheeks, dripping onto her still form. He then felt a rush of wind on the back of his neck—he didn't need to turn to recognise the wingbeat of the avian goddess.

"Her soul is already flying freely through the skies of the Passing," Avestra said. "She has been released from her burdens."

"But why?" Kismet exclaimed between ragged sobs. "Why did you do this to me?!"

"You asked me to help you feel like mortals do." Avestra tilted her head. "Now, you know."

"But... I never thought it would hurt this much..."

"In time, that pain will fade, to be replaced by fond memories. It was imperative that you learned this lesson, as I did many centuries ago, so that you are ready for your next task."

"T... task?"

"This era is coming to an end. I can already feel my strength fading. Soon, all us gods will return to the dreamless sleep." Avestra raised a claw and the Otherworld Amulet rose from Inyoni's lifeless body, planting itself around Kismet's neck. "There is a coming time of tribulation. I need someone to protect my people while I am gone. Can you do that?"

Kismet nodded tearfully.

"For Inyoni."

"Perfect," Avestra said. Her expression remained impassive, but her eyes briefly glimmered in what might have been the ghost of a smile. "I will imbue you with a fraction of my own power." She raised a wing, pausing for a moment. "This may hurt a little..."

Show

Transform Kismet into a demigod with the domain bonus +2 Bargains - 18AP, 14 DC. Flaw to be determined by the GM. The following bonuses are applied:

+2 Nature: Kismet retains the indefinite lifespan, transformation abilities and other minor magical powers wielded by the Dustborn. His most common plant form is that a miniature ginkgo tree, his animal form that of a green woodpecker, and his mortal form roughly resembles a cross between a green-eyed Mowgli and a cherub. He is by no means limited to these three, however.

+2 Birds and +1 Sky: As the deputy of Avestra, in her absence Kismet is the paramount chief of all birds and can call on them for aid. In his bird form, the sky is as much his domain as the Oerth below.

+2 Avestra's Perch: As the place where Kismet received his divinity, Sunset Forest holds a special significance for him. If badly injured, returning to Sunset Forest will heal any wounds with supernatural speed.

+2 Dreams: In honour of the original deal which Avestra struck with him, Kismet will work primarily with mortals by forming bargains with them. In aid of this, Kismet will have an uncanny ability to tease out mortals' deepest dreams and desires, whether they be love, glory or something else entirely.

Last edited by The JoJo; 2020-07-14 at 09:31 AM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Ogre in the Playground

Upon the ocean spire of 1st Justice University

The moon slowly climbs over the horizon, her full light bathing the deep black ocean in pale silver light. The massive pearl on top of the spire is beginning to thrum with faint light. In time it will become full of life. A nexus of thoughts, dreams and hopes, casting a light to compete with the moon, guiding sailors to shelter. Right now though, it barely provides enough light to cast Petr's shape into a dark silhouette.

The god watches the world below. A procession of boats has travelled from 1st Justice to the spire all day. Even now, after nightfall, the procession continues. A path of boats lit up by torches. Specks of red and orange drifting over the black depths. Slowly, the spire are filling up with people eager to create a new life for themselves.

"Mother?" Nerassus lands beside Petr on the spire. The massive demigod resting a hand gently on the god's form. "What are you doing?"

"Just watching dearheart. I'm starting to feel... at peace. Soon it'll finally be over."

"What'll be over?"

"Redemption. Salvation. The treatment of the wound inflicted upon those in my care." Petr looks upon the 1st Justice University. A thriving city, despite it's recent suffering and setbacks. "Remember the pearl? With it's many, many souls?"

"Hard to forget. You made... quite an entrance." Nerassus takes a seat on the sleek surface of the spire, pulling his legs up to rest his chin on his knees. "At least they're at peace now."

"No. Not quite. They're held. A momentary suspension. Do you know why I put them in the pearl? Why I didn't send them to bathe in Tabula Rasa?"

"No. But I knew you'd tell me eventually."

Petr gives a thrilling laugh, their voice singing like raindrops on silver bells. "I want to give them a chance at a new life. If they want to forget all their suffering, it should be their choice. But with all the trauma they went through... there's no way they'd be able to make the choice. They need distance. Time so that they can process what happened. And love. The strength of others to let them carry their trauma. They are to be reborn."

"Reborn? Like... outside the normal reincarnation cycle?"

"Yes. I've already scouted out several mortals to give this blessing to. A blessing of a new form of life. One that can give souls... all souls, a second chance."

"All souls?"

Petr nods slowly, opening a palm to reveal a red and black pearl, instantly recognizable to Nerassus as the prison that's kept Neiu locked up. "All souls."

Spoiler: Action: The Celestials
    Show

20 AP: Create a Supernaturally Gifted Sentient Species.

Petr creates the Celestials, a subset of humans whose body and soul are one and the same. Petr has scoured the spires, 1st Justice University, Sanctuary and unaffiliated areas, and found individuals among these groups offered the gift of being reborn into a Celestial.

Celestials are given a plethora of changes. First and most importantly, they are a unisex race, akin to Petr themselves. Though they may have traits thought of as masculine or feminine, they are all fertile and capable of bearing children. They do not have normal sexual reproduction. Instead, a Celestial may take a soul into themselves, and through that permit the soul rebirth as a new Celestial. New souls may also spring up from them as a result of strong emotional connections between a Celestial and someone else, including other Celestials.

Second, due to the close connection between body and soul, their forms are malleable. Shaped not just by how they perceive themselves, but also how the world around perceives them. The physical form becomes a bastion of symbolism. A noble Celestial in a society who views lions as a symbol of nobility will slowly look more and more like a lion. The same Celestial in a different society viewing the eagle as a symbol of nobility will start to look more like an eagle. The less certain a Celestial is in their own identity, the more quickly their body changes.

Thirdly. A Celestial may tap into the energy of their spirit to create and change the world around them. Specifically, every Celestial may create a shield of spiritual energy about themselves that allow them to fly and breathe underwater. The fields also limit the effect of pressure on their bodies, allowing them to fly high up above the world, and into the deepest depths of the ocean, if they're strong enough. And in times of upcoming war, the spiritual energy may harden flesh to steel, grant them incredible strength or agility, or even be released as bursts of pure energy. Furthermore, every Celestial manifests a familiar, typically a Mon'Dai. A Celestial Mon'Dai is stronger, and it's size and strength relative to others of it's kind is a good indicator for how powerful a Celestial is.

Last but not least. The Celestial body does not age. Not normally. As the physical body is tied to the soul, as long as the soul remains strong and willing, the body will persist. But if the soul is gripped with dread and despair, so too will the body wither under the weight of the soul. When in close proximity with others, they may share this idealization of the physical form, allowing others to tune their body to what they perceive it to be. Primarily this means healing recent wounds.

---

+2 Water: Flesh like fluid. Forms shifting as ice shifts to water and back. The domain of water builds the body. It creates the fluid form, that may take souls into it and through this divine providence create new life.

+2 Justice: The soul mirrors the world it is in, and so too does the body. The self is one, and the self is one with society. Justice allows all to see the Celestial for who and what they are.

+2 Moon: The moonpearl, the wellspring of spiritual energy. The drive of the soul to change the world about them. The Moon blesses the Celestial to make the change on the world they wish to see. To move about it freely, with the strength and durability to enact their desires on the world.

+2 Healing: To link the Celestial back to normal mortalkind. The body is as eternal as the soul, and as the soul touches others, so too does the body. For a brief moment, they are one, and they are strong.

+1 Rainbow: When a Celestial manifests their spiritual powers, they do so in a vast variety of colours, and even potential shapes. This colour extends to their Mon'Dai, who linger about in the Celestial's individual colour.

+2 Moonpool: The yearly ritual for celebrating Petr and their manifestations has expanded to a festival of fertility. Every year, Celestials travel to the moonpool to offer rebirth to those who desire it.

+2 Blood: The knife, drenched with blood of gods and mortal alike, is a wicked, dangerous thing. It is also a key to how the titans work. Petr is old. Nerassus is wise. And together, they understand the knife, understand it's workings on mortalkind, and understand how to shield against the power. Celestials are immune to the manipulations of the dagger, and resistant to the mental machinations of the cruel ones.

---

Furthermore, they're given a parting blessing from a slumbering god.

+2 Threshold (Kahar Djin): Powerful Celestials deeply entrenched in their society and culture may find that the barrier between soul and body, between self and society, breaks. When this threshold is broken, the Celestial's anima becomes a tangible source in the world, akin to a god, though to a much, much smaller degree. These mortal spirits, or saints, exist within a group, they draw power from belief, and persist as long as someone believes in them.
    Last edited by Maryring; 2020-08-01 at 04:03 PM.