New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Corporate WW IC

1. - Top - End - #241
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: Corporate WW IC

On another note, does anyone know what the experimental coder's packages did? I'm rather curious.

2. - Top - End - #242
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

As the Experimental Coder, I can tell you...Got no clue .

N1: Bundle B to Grek (oops . She claimed Proxy first and said she hadn't received it, then latter claimed to have used it on flyinglemur)
    N2: Bundle A to Xihirli (No N3, so no opportunity to test)

I feel this role is more suited to larger/longer games, due to the power delay.

BasketOfPuppies, will you please reveal what each bundle's effect was?

3. - Top - End - #243
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    It's also worth mentioning that, at this point, gac3 had both claimed Contingency to me, and had magically come up with a "maybe I should PM everyone claiming I'm the seer" plan, so I was basically 100% convinced gac3 was a wolf (and also had suspicions about Unavenger and Xihirli). So we ended up planning on gac3 claiming seer to one person. I assumed he realized I must've PM'd all the townies as well, so I figured he'd pick a wolf so they could work together to sell me on whatever BS they were about to send my way; this seemed like a good plan to me, since I planned on dying anyway, giving all the real info to PartyOfRouges, and so this way I at least got two wolves for the price of one. Except then, instead of picking Unavenger, gac3 messaged Xihirli (which "confirmed" Xihirli's wolfness that I already suspected)...setting up a convenient "Xihirli can now claim to have two private seer claims for town to test", which sure enough got the actual seer claiming privately to Xihirli. It 100% looked like a wolf just got the seer to out themselves to the wolves (turning my plan a bit on its head), so I started pushing harder. Except it turned out no, Xihirli is town, this helps the network, and I have no idea why gac3 decided that telling Xihirli straight up that one of the two of us was definitely a wolf was a good idea.
    Okay... So the morning this happened, I was more active than the other wolves. I had no idea your plan was happening until hours later after I had slept. I had no idea they got messaged. I knew you were up to something but no idea what. I actually did come up with the idea before I ever considered you had. Check the wolf chat if you don't believe me.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    Okay... So the morning this happened, I was more active than the other wolves. I had no idea your plan was happening until hours later after I had slept. I had no idea they got messaged. I knew you were up to something but no idea what. I actually did come up with the idea before I ever considered you had. Check the wolf chat if you don't believe me.
    Oh indeed! It actually seems kinda hilarious to me.in hindsight, that the timestamps basically confirm that you thought of this weird strategy before you knew I was actually using it. I kinda took it as proof positive, since the o ly people who would know for sure I was using that strategy were the wolves. But hey it all worked out in the end I guess.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

5. - Top - End - #245
    Titan in the Playground

Oh indeed! It actually seems kinda hilarious to me.in hindsight, that the timestamps basically confirm that you thought of this weird strategy before you knew I was actually using it. I kinda took it as proof positive, since the o ly people who would know for sure I was using that strategy were the wolves. But hey it all worked out in the end I guess.
    And me! I also knew.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

I feel like this is the second time AV has motivated me to take some Gamble's. This time though I made all the wrong choices. Claimed their role to them. Pitched their plan to them. Claimed seer to the person the seer actually claimed to. It was odd.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfRogueGirl

Quote Originally Posted by gac3 View Post
    I feel like this is the second time AV has motivated me to take some Gamble's. This time though I made all the wrong choices. Claimed their role to them. Pitched their plan to them. Claimed seer to the person the seer actually claimed to. It was odd.
    Seriously, why did you choose Xihirli to claim seer to? I don't remember if you said in the wolf chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Props to AV for having an awesome plan, anyways.
    I'm Chaotic Good! Ish!

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Elenna View Post
    Seriously, why did you choose Xihirli to claim seer to? I don't remember if you said in the wolf chat.

- - - Updated - - -

Props to AV for having an awesome plan, anyways.
    Well I knew AV's claim was bull or an accident. That didn't tell me if they knew I was a wolf or just taking some Gamble's (though I never suspected the actual plan). So I threw out theories for JeenLeen and Grek being wolves. Because when I came out as a wolf, I figured they would either assume those two were town or assume the people were wolves and I was using reverse psychology. So the plan was, whatever happened, either they would target Jeenleen or not suspect Grek.

Then I thought "what would I do if I actually was town and got this message." And I did that. Figuring I was either already screwed or might get some information. It didn't matter who I messaged. AV recommended Xihiril.

9. - Top - End - #249
    Halfling in the Playground

Here’s what the bundles did:

A) bane
    B) role scry
    C) void

Also what could I have done in setup to make the game turn out better? Some hidden roles?

EDIT: also, this game spawned 28 QT’s.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-12-11 at 10:32 PM.

10. - Top - End - #250
    Alchemist in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Here’s what the bundles did:

A) bane
    B) role scry
    C) void

Also what could I have done in setup to make the game turn out better? Some hidden roles?

EDIT: also, this game spawned 28 QT’s.
    And I bet 29 of them were AV's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peelee
    I vote we purge flat_footed.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    flat_footed, you saved London, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli
    Yeah Flat_footed is such a killjoy. Let's take turns talking bad about him, he'll never read this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I didn't kill anyone, except I guess I killed everyone
    Quote Originally Posted by Batcathat View Post
    flat_footed

Extended Signature

11. - Top - End - #251

Quote Originally Posted by flat_footed View Post
    And I bet 29 of them were AV's.
    Yep. That first night was... something.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

12. - Top - End - #252
    Titan in the Playground

Yep. That first night was... something.
    Full disclosure: I'd basically decided halfway through Wizard's Guild that stupid strategies and big risks were fun, and decided I was gonna do the "claim seer to everybody and see what happens" in the next game I played. It worked out even better than I hoped...for me, anyway. I don't have one of those pre-picked this time, though...we'll see how it goes!

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

13. - Top - End - #253

Full disclosure: I'd basically decided halfway through Wizard's Guild that stupid strategies and big risks were fun, and decided I was gonna do the "claim seer to everybody and see what happens" in the next game I played. It worked out even better than I hoped...for me, anyway. I don't have one of those pre-picked this time, though...we'll see how it goes!
    That’s exactly what someone who did have something pre-picked out this game would say. AvatarVecna.

Thought we were in the recruitment sub for Caerulea’s game. My point still stands.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2019-12-12 at 02:45 PM.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

That’s exactly what someone who did have something pre-picked out this game would say. AvatarVecna.

Thought we were in the recruitment sub for Caerulea’s game. My point still stands.
    Im just amused that between everything done in like tye past month of narrating, there's solid reasoning to wagon me D1 regardless of whether I'm town, wolf, neutral, or narrator. XD

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #255

I’m going to feel Big Dumb if you end up as a jester next.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Titan in the Playground

I’m going to feel Big Dumb if you end up as a jester next.
    I fully expect to be made seer in a few games out of spite over this one.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #257
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

What role is the Jester? I've not heard that term.
    Non caerulea sum, Caerulea nomen meum est.
    Extended Signature.
    I'm not not a humanoid. Come not not be one too.
    Answer trivial questions in the OOTS trivia thread!

she/her

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Caerulea View Post
    What role is the Jester? I've not heard that term.
    "You win if you die."

My Homebrew

19. - Top - End - #259

BlueWizardGirl

Hmmmm. Interesting.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

20. - Top - End - #260

It’s interesting to think about, but not really in play. The novelty wears off quickly. You want to alternate between being the most suspicious (to try to get lynched) and the most townlike (to get NK’ed).

Extended Sig

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

It’s interesting to think about, but not really in play. The novelty wears off quickly. You want to alternate between being the most suspicious (to try to get lynched) and the most townlike (to get NK’ed).
    From a certain perspective, it's not fun to play as because not only is it a playstyle that doesn't give you any practice at other playstyles (a wolf pretending to a villager, or a seer pretending to be a villager, can still help teach you good villager gameplay), but it's also just kinda boring *refusing* to play, essentially. Trying to lose to paradoxically win is...well, if it were a movie, you'd say "that movie's bad" and a fan might respond "yeah but it's bad on purpose" and like how could you even argue with that? And that's the jester playstyle in a nutshell.

Buuuuuuut it's also not fun to play with. Because unless the person is doing some big-brain play...well actually this game was a good example of the point I'm trying to make: any role that rewards dying, or even just slightly alleviates the penalties of dying, at least slightly encourages you to be an *******. And the jester role strips away everything that isn't that: the jester is trying to die, and the easiest way to die is everybody wants you dead no matter what side they think you're on, and the easiest way to get everybody wanting you dead no matter what side they think you're on is if you're actively making the game un-fun to play for everybody else.

Can you play the jester in a more subdued way? Sure. There are subtle ways to trick people into thinking you're being super-duplicitous and trying to hustle them, get the whole town turned against. But however much effort you put into playing the jester in a way that's clever and interesting, this right here will work 100% of the time.

EDIT: It's at least certainly how I play basically any time death isn't a threat to my role in a game. Sapo's game where the dead still got to talk and vote? There's AV, constantly being an a-hole about things. The time game where I could die once and survive? A-hole the whole way through. This game, where death wouldn't stop my communication entirely and I could take a big risk? {Scrubbed} At least this time the narrator got a sorta-apology for what was about to go down before I starting screwing everything up. >.>
    Last edited by truemane; 2019-12-13 at 12:51 PM. Reason: Scrubbed

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Maybe make Jester a village role that reveals the role of one person responsible for your death.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

23. - Top - End - #263

BlueWizardGirl

I look forward to seeing you screw over my game as well, AV. It'll be interesting to see what you can come up with.

For the Jester: you could have them have to achieve something before dying, so they lose if say, the Fool is alive when they die. Not sure how completely that'll fix things though.
    Extended Signature.

she/her

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

I look forward to seeing you screw over my game as well, AV. It'll be interesting to see what you can come up with.
    My dastardly plan this time around was "let somebody else have fun for a change". I might change that plan depending on if I get a juicy role, though.

My Homebrew

25. - Top - End - #265

My dastardly plan this time around was "let somebody else have fun for a change". I might change that plan depending on if I get a juicy role, though.
    Once more with feeling.

Extended Sig

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

For the Jester: you could have them have to achieve something before dying, so they lose if say, the Fool is alive when they die. Not sure how completely that'll fix things though.
    Or, alternative idea, everyone is the jester.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Alternative alternative idea: everybody is told they're the jester but the actual roles are secret.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Alternative alternative idea: everybody is told they're the jester but the actual roles are secret.
    Cross between jester and fool except the fools power is randomized.

How do people feel about cult leader roles?

29. - Top - End - #269

WhiteWizardGirl

Hard to do well, but fun if done well.

30. - Top - End - #270

My first game here was kinda a cult leader game. It was fun.

Extended Sig