New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 1476
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: VIgil: Return of the Geneva

[A Scholarly Visit]

A small red light on the camera blinks on and off twice. A greeting of some sort? Dr. Valiance responds to Ambrosia's book trick with a look of awe. Look at that thing go, this was like something out of a magic show. Could Ambrosia pull rabbits and things out of her hat? That'd be neat. "Oh, wow - would you look at that!" Pretty neat, magic floating books were cool.

He didn't think it was particularly comparable to the semi-sentient violation of privacy that was DAHL, though.

No need to be rude, though! "Book is pretty cool. Uhhh, but - hey, you wanna help me out a little bit?"

"Pick a number between.... one and twenty-five, lets say."

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Bugbear in the Playground

[MEDLAB II]

Now Cessie decides to speak up. "Obsidian, you just recovered from something that easily could have killed a normal person. If we... paid you in gold, would you let us study how you've been able to become so tough? It won't take long." She offers while moving up to the dragon in this elemental form.

[Ilphirmary's Future]

Anika could help simply by staying out of her way, which was exactly what she was planning. She was pretty sure Shanti would tell her exactly that the moment she went into the medic station anyway.
    Thus she simply waves Ilpholin good bye. "See you later then! Be sure to get back once we find out more about the infiltrator!"

[Newcomer]

"Oh." Giant elemental things. Like the elemental lords perhaps? But like, golems. That did sound pretty scary.
    She nods, that made total sense.

But as he gets back to topic, Anika grimaces just hearing the words 'giant purple night elf'.
    She wasn't even giant. She was simply a bit taller than average and a lot of people, especially those elves, just happened to be short.

Tiny even.

And why even add on 'purple' there? Should she call all humans 'pink' or 'brown' from now on? She knew they changed colors from time to time. Even turning bright red in some instances. At least she was consistent!

It bothered her so much that it would take Atreyu's question to bring her back to reality. "Uhh..." Then she suddenly remembered what the question was and all her earlier grievances had instantly been forgotten.

"Yeah!" She puts her hands on her hips. "I'm one of the quickest learning druids in the world!" At least when it came to shapeshifting. "I've mastered five animal forms and I'm just, uh-" Yes, how old was she again? She had kinda lost count at some point. "Tweeenty... fiiiivee?" She looks to Atreyu as if he had the answer. She could really both be younger or older than that. "But the point is that I'm really good at that and healing. Basically all the druid stuff that's worth to know about." She takes a small sip of the smoke, feeling pretty good about herself right now.

[A Scholarly Visit]

The book flips a page and the pen continues writing. Val might be able to see that it's actually copying his name and what he's saying. Like some sort of instant chat log as the pen moves far faster than a human hand ever could.

But then the book floats up in the air and angles itself so that its cover is facing him.
    Ambrosia glances to her side to see if she could see any cameras being angled to see what was written in the book. It wouldn't stop writing because of it but it would be good to know if that too was being watched. "A number? Should I tell you it or keep it a secret? In the first case I'll pick twelve."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-08-04 at 05:52 AM.

3. - Top - End - #1173
    Halfling in the Playground

[Newcomer]

"Ah. Meant no harm, but that was insensitive of me. I apologise." Such a grimace is hard to ignore, even if Anika is willing to set it aside within a few moments. Easy to get used to making jokes in the knowledge that no one will take it too seriously in a town full of outcasts, but this is a different place, and he and Anika don't know each other well enough for that. Maybe it'd do good to lay off the euphoric for a bit. A mind too relaxed may cause offence without meaning to do so.

"Sounds like yer a sight better at the whole druidism thing than I am. Never really got to grips with animal forms myself. I got one that suits me just fine and never really cared to learn any others." Well that's interesting, isn't it? It means he can turn into something. "Maybe I could learn a thing or two for you then, eh? Would make this all the better an experience, to do some good and learn a few new tricks along the way."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #1174

[Gym]

Adir is here waiting. And half dozing again. He looks like he's about to drop unconscious, despite sitting upright on a bench. His head nearly drops into his arms, crossed as they are across his chest.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Barbarian in the Playground

[A Tree]

There's a tree on the VIGIL grounds.

This isn't unusual.

There are many trees on the VIGIL grounds.

This specific tree, however, wasn't here yesterday.

It isn't large, as far as trees go, perhaps twelve feet tall at the crown. Its bark is a pleasant tan shade of brown, though the patterns in the bark are strangely reminiscent of scales. Its branches stretch wide, full of long pinion-shaped leaves, giving the impression of unfurled wings. Acorns hang from it, each subtly glowing with the light of tiny stars. Several veins run through the tree, luminescent blue and flowering, golden particles swirling through them. Great knots adorn it, appearing almost as if they were a multitude of eyes screwed shut. Something about the tree is subtly dragon-like, as if it were a great beast laying in wait for someone or something.

All of these peculiarities might strike you as strange. They might lead you to believe that this is an unusual tree.

But you would be wrong.

She is a perfectly normal tree.

A perfectly normal tree for perfectly normal birds to land on.

Birds should not be nervous around this tree. They should suspect nothing of her. They should land in her branches and rest. Especially if they are a hoepoo bird.

This tree is safe and good, birds.

You must believe this truth for it is Correct.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

6. - Top - End - #1176

Quote Originally Posted by Recaiden View Post
    "Isn't it good for your organization to have great inventors available?"
    Sophia asks curiously. "It is almost beyond belief that two people with such an important connection would both end up in the Nexus by accident."
    "But how is it a problem to you?"

[On the edge]

"Sure he is."
    Mia replies now sounding a bit more like a teacher. "But not everyone who is an inventor is also a true beliver. Most accept the existence of Deus Mechanicus but only pray to him in critical situations. We don't mind that, it is better then if they they don't belive."

"I can't say if it is the will of Deus Mechanicus or just an coincidence. You see as the man was treated by us we used a lot of resources. The church has arranged a contract with this man's father. So the man will marry one of the churches priestres in order to strengthen his bound with the god. This priestress is me."
    Grammer is my declared deadly enemy!

Let's PLay's in German Take a Look at Bravely Default.

Nexus Characters: LINK

7. - Top - End - #1177

NinjaGuy

[Wenomir's Office]

Electra smiles gently, and leans back a bit.

"I'm glad that you're getting back to yourself now that you know....but....I did want to ask something of you about that." There's a pause, while she seems to struggle to find words. "I....never met Kr. I don't really know what she was like. Can you tell me about her? I know it's probably not easy, but....I'd like to understand some of the memories that Cass might be dealing with."

She takes a deep breath.

"You...you saw a bit of how badly my own memories have affected me the other night. I'm just worried that Cass might be dealing with something similar, and I don't want to make it worse if I can help it."
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?

8. - Top - End - #1178

[MEDLAB II]

Unlike everyone else, Cessie is actually pretty easy to distinguish from all the other human-like people. She's made of lava. That's how Obsidian can tell.

Even though it was just a bite from a zombie, not really a big deal to be honest, Obsidian pauses when Cessie speaks and halts her retreat from the room.
    "But why would I want gold? It's heavy and soft and kinda usele-" Wait. . .That other dragon mentioned that dragons are supposed to collect things.
    She spins around.
    The wheels in her mind start turning. It's soft, so that means it can be bent into different shapes easily. And it's heavy. She could hide it inside and under things, and then when she trades the things they'll think they're heavier and bigger than they actually are. So she'll be able to trick people into thinking things are worth more. So she'll be able to trade it for things she could collect. "...Nevermind, gold's fine."
    In fact!
    After she gets some collectable things, she could weigh those down with gold, and then she could maybe even trick that barmaid into getting her more starlight alpaca or whatever that was, it was really good, in exchange for all the stuff. Instead of getting one, Obsidian totally bets she could trick that barmaid into giving her two, or maybe even three if she uses enough gold.

Obsidian starts salivating at the thought.
    Her eyes dilate as wide as they can.
    She wipes away the little bit of drool from her mouth.
    "Okay so what do I have to do?"
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Pixie in the Playground

[MEDLAB II]

Svetlana remains quiet, letting Obsidian and Cessie talk.

Well, she certainly changed her mind really quickly! Who knows how that girl's mind works? And she's drooling? Is she planning to eat the gold?

She continues to remain quiet, preparing to take samples if necessary, and pointedly ignoring Val.
    Purple Eagle's character list
    Love is the message.

10. - Top - End - #1180
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Scholarly Visit]

Dr. Valiance seems thoroughly unconcerned with the book. Books are dumb, who reads these days? However. DAHL is clearly quite interested, for the nearest camera angles itself to peer over Ambrosia's shoulder, zooming in on the text. What was its intention? Was it following orders, or did DAHL simply possess an interest of its own in Ambrosia's work? Just how sentient was this thing?

In the meantime, Val spins around in his chair once more before conjuring up several holographic panels once again. That probably looked cool as hell, good job.

A button is pressed, and a gauge is manipulated. It's all very scientific. "Mkay, so! Twelve, converted. That's, uhhh - looks like forty-eight percent."

--

He licks his lips before chuckling a little. Hopefully this would work, for he was otherwise out of ideas. If it didn't, well... maybe Ambrosia would think it was cool, anyway. "I've tried sixteen through thirty-eight, but its just not enough. Anything past fifty-five just gets messy as all hell, though." Did she even know what he was talking about? Ah, good point. Time to explain some things. "Okay, so - first off. See that, uhhh... that little guy over there?" He points lazily towards what seems to be a testing dummy. "That is Frederick. He is good, and we love him."

"See that rubbery thing he's wearing? That's a human torso."

"Or, uhh - well. It's meant to be one. It's not real human, that would be... wow, just really gross. But, um. Where was I going with this?"
    Hm, where were you going with this, buddy? "Right! But, it's artificial. Same consistency as human flesh though. That scary looking thing on the tripod? That cone-looking thingy? It's called an extra-aural resonator, or EAR for short." He grins at that. He was expecting a response.

Why? Because it was really very funny, of course. "Get it? It's a pun, because its a sound-based, um... It's sort of like, well. You get it." That wasn't particularly smooth, oh well. "But, uhh - basically... an extra-aural sonic weapon focuses on bioeffects unrelated to hearing, so - you know, we're not looking at bursting eardrums or anything like that. We're looking at vibrating innards at such a grotesquely intense level that organs start popping like gushers."

"Was that too graphic?"
    Likely, yes. It's easy to get carried away. "Obviously, you know, we're not in the business of gusher-popping here at VIGIL, so I've been trying really hard to get the damn thing to work just well enough to cause a targets muscles to clench up and such, effectively paralyzing them."

"But, uhhh. So far, mostly its just been tearing up the torso-vests. You ready to try your number?"

11. - Top - End - #1181

[MEDLAB II]

"Simply sit here and let them take some samples. I know it might be hard to trust them after what happened to you, but this time you won't be injected with anything. We just want to see how you're so powerful." Cessie explains before turning to Val and Svetland to give them a pointed stare. If something happened to the dragon now, heads would roll.

The two medics will help with the tests, but it all should be a simple check up procedure to make sure that Obsidian was alright. The gold paid to Obsidian would be paid by funding of the technological branch. This had been completely unacceptable.

[A Scholarly Visit]

The pen continues noting down not only what they're saying but what they're doing, clearly having awareness of more than just what's going on around it. Like what seems to be some of Ambrosia's own thoughts.

Speaking of which she smiles at the rather awkward attempts of Val to explain things. "I've had experience with these things, yes. I understand." She assures him with a nod. "You're trying to determine the effects of 'EAR' on the human body with this set-up"

The scholar looks to the test dummy. "Though I was always under the impression that VIGIL wasn't too particular about how they dealt with their enemies these days. I suppose this will be used to capture foes alive." Not a question, just an assumption.
    Ambrosia gestures to the dummy. "But go ahead. Let me see it."

[Newcomer]

"Oh, no offense taken, dude." It was all in the past (seconds) now, man.
    "Ha, maybe. I don't think I'd be a particular good teacher though. I couldn't tell you what I'm doing to save my life." She chuckles. "But what can you turn into then? Even one form is pretty impressive. Some druids never even learn to shape change at all."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-08-05 at 05:21 AM.

12. - Top - End - #1182
    Titan in the Playground

[Wenomir's Office]

Wenomir certainly wasn't expecting that. His composure breaks and a painful look crosses his face briefly. Then he sighs.

"I can tell you about her. I don't know how much. I do know why she reacted so strongly to the suggestion of building people for the purposes of war. But maybe Cassandra should tell you about some things herself. It's not easy for her, living with someone's memories and not being sure if they're her own too." He rubs the back of his head, seeming less imperious and stoic than before. "Kr was... a different person from Cassandra, but also similar in some ways. She was impulsive, but also emotionally closed off towards most people. I was one of the few she'd open up to." There's a bittersweet tone to his voice as he recalls those memories. "She was an inventor and engineer more than a magician. She was responsible for a lot of the infrastructure in our old home, the one I destroyed to prevent the demons from taking it. One of the founders of the old Watchtower, in fact."
    Last edited by Morty; 2020-08-05 at 05:52 AM.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

13. - Top - End - #1183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [Ilphirmary's Future]

Anika could help simply by staying out of her way, which was exactly what she was planning. She was pretty sure Shanti would tell her exactly that the moment she went into the medic station anyway.
    Thus she simply waves Ilpholin good bye. "See you later then! Be sure to get back once we find out more about the infiltrator!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Gym]

Adir is here waiting. And half dozing again. He looks like he's about to drop unconscious, despite sitting upright on a bench. His head nearly drops into his arms, crossed as they are across his chest.
    [Ilphirmary -> Gym]

Cessie doubts they could learn anything more from Ilphy that would be of use, but gives a slight nod and a wave of acknowledgement before heading off.

By the time she gets to the gym, she's Ilpholin again, wearing her classic skintight catsuit. Though maybe still not the Ilpholin she once was, with black sclera highlighting her emerald eyes and otherworldly pale skin. Her hair being waist length too is quite a growth. She doesn't announce her presence, letting the door do that as she steps inside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

14. - Top - End - #1184
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default [On the Edge]

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    "Sure he is." Mia replies now sounding a bit more like a teacher. "But not everyone who is an inventor is also a true beliver. Most accept the existence of Deus Mechanicus but only pray to him in critical situations. We don't mind that, it is better then if they they don't belive."

"I can't say if it is the will of Deus Mechanicus or just an coincidence. You see as the man was treated by us we used a lot of resources. The church has arranged a contract with this man's father. So the man will marry one of the churches priestres in order to strengthen his bound with the god. This priestress is me."
    An interesting lesson in faith. Sophia has largely avoided thinking about such things ever since......
    "His family owes the church for saving his life."
    "And chose to collect in the form of a marriage to bring them closer to the church."

A very unusual circumstance with both parties to the marriage swept away to another world, but the basic idea makes perfect sense.

"How do you feel about this?"
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

15. - Top - End - #1185

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholdt View Post
    [Ilphirmary -> Gym]

Cessie doubts they could learn anything more from Ilphy that would be of use, but gives a slight nod and a wave of acknowledgement before heading off.

By the time she gets to the gym, she's Ilpholin again, wearing her classic skintight catsuit. Though maybe still not the Ilpholin she once was, with black sclera highlighting her emerald eyes and otherworldly pale skin. Her hair being waist length too is quite a growth. She doesn't announce her presence, letting the door do that as she steps inside.
    [Gym]

Adir snaps out of his doze and his ears flick up. He tries to look like he was awake the whole time. "Ilpholin," he says, voice slurred with the dregs of sleep. "Did you... did you happen to see Anika and Cessie on the way over here? I swear I might have... like... dreamt..." He rubs his face.
    My avatar was done by Gullara. Thanks again!

"If you meet a spirit walking,
    Incline your head.
    Do not meet their gaze.
    Do not follow after."

-Things Our Mothers Tell Us

Nexus Characters

16. - Top - End - #1186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rebonack View Post
    [Island Surface]

Gaze lifted skyward, Lapis smiles up at Emily.

"I'll remember all those things! They're great words I love them!" she replies exuberantly. "The leaders have their own special cabin thingies this way c'mon! They love having new people join VIGIL there are so many important jobs to do so its great that lots of people want to help. Usually new people do a sparring thing so the commanders know what kind of stuff they know how to do when it's time to stomp on bad-guys so you'll probably have to do that."

And maybe fill out boring paper work maybe?

Filling out papers is dumb but important maybe so they know what kind of blood to put in someone if they get stabbed.

Regardless, Lapis is now heading toward the-

[Commander's Villa]

"They've never had me do the initiation sparring with anyone before but I really want to since Commander Wenomir has been teaching me to be better at swords. I've spent relics and everything on the traits so I'm way better at swording than I was before! I even bought TWO swording perks!"

It's called fencing, Lapis.

She would object to this, of course.

They don't fight with fences they fight with swords.

It's dumb name.

"One of the putti in the tutorial told me that sword perks are stupid and to get gun perks instead but he was a jerk so nyeh!" she says, sticking out her tongue at the memory of the mean celestial.
    "Swords are cooler."
    [Commander's Villa]

"Sparring, huh? Well, that's definitely something I can do if they need me to," Emily says, considering that. One supposes it makes sense; you have to get a feel for those you'll fight alongside, and controlled combat scenarios are good for that sort of thing, "I tend to prefer kickboxing over swords, though."
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

17. - Top - End - #1187

Default Re: [On the Edge]

An interesting lesson in faith. Sophia has largely avoided thinking about such things ever since......
    "His family owes the church for saving his life."
    "And chose to collect in the form of a marriage to bring them closer to the church."

A very unusual circumstance with both parties to the marriage swept away to another world, but the basic idea makes perfect sense.

"How do you feel about this?"
    Mia looks away from Sophia and starts walking around, she looks at the letter and then pulls it down. She sights and looks off in the sky.

"I feel unsure." she says. "As a priestress of Deus Mechanicus this is my duty. Independent of the pülace It would be the thing to do. On the other hand, It was a bit of pain when i heared he disapeared. at first I thought it was a schock reaction, but since he was gone I start thinking maybe he hates me for some reason. You can imagine that this won't make the arriage a nice thing."

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Murkus View Post
    [Gym]

Adir snaps out of his doze and his ears flick up. He tries to look like he was awake the whole time. "Ilpholin," he says, voice slurred with the dregs of sleep. "Did you... did you happen to see Anika and Cessie on the way over here? I swear I might have... like... dreamt..." He rubs his face.
    [Gym]

Is Adir really that tired? It has been a long day she supposes. It's also admittedly been awhile since Ilpholin's felt tired. She doesn't miss the sensation, but it used to be nice to drift off during the afterglow of a good exercise.

"Yeah I saw them. They sent me here. Said you wanted to talk." Ilpholin says, finding a wall to lean against and crossing her arms. Cessie and Anika set them up! Better check to make sure the door isn't locked.
    Last edited by Reinholdt; 2020-08-06 at 06:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

19. - Top - End - #1189
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Scholarly Visit]

The AI continues to dutifully record all that it can see, as was its purpose. If it is capable of expressing interest in what is occurring, it doesn't make any display of it.
    Meanwhile, Dr. Valiance nods excitedly towards Ambrosia. Wow, she was really listening! This was so nice! He loved this stuff!

And so, Val will rub his gloved hands together. "Hell yeah I am! Some real science getting done, here."

--

Entirely legitimate science, at that. Dr. Valiance glances towards the test dummy as well. "You know, you'd be surprised, actually. All of this stuff is meant to, uhhh - neutralize, not dispatch."
    "So, no gushers, like I said."
    This rule was restrictive, of course - but manageable! "Alright, DAHL, fire it up! Here we go, baby!"

A wide, if somewhat sloppy grin appears on his face as a small light on the side of the 'EAR' gun turns red. The red meant it was time to go!

--

Sure enough, a precise cone of pure sound rushes forth from the resonator - a low and droning hum which sounds unlike anything natural. It's stunningly alien.
    Vibrations are clearly visible through the supple flesh of the testing torso. What would that do to a living, breathing person?

Finally, the resonator turns off with a cheerful click.

--

Immediately, Val starts plugging data into one of his panels. Seconds later, a 3d display of a human being is presented. "Okay, so. There's only so much data I can get from the torso, the information we gather there is, uhhh - plugged in, kinda, to this program here."

"Now, DAHL's going to recreate what just happened to the torso onto a full body render. This should be cool. Ready?"

20. - Top - End - #1190

[A Scholarly Visit]

"Mhmm." The scholar nods, having to take his word for it. No 'gushing' was the new ideal apparently, likely due to lady Mithar's influence.

The sound of EAR seems to interest her. "Unique, but how much of a difference is it between each grade of vibration? If you fired it against say something roughly the size of a wolf, would it 'gush' then? Same question regarding something larger than a human, or do all their muscles have roughly the same frequence?" She inquires as she watches the result.
    "But yes, go on. This is fascinating. I think I've seen dragons use sound in a similar manner. A kind of scream."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-08-06 at 12:59 PM.

21. - Top - End - #1191
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zefir View Post
    Mia looks away from Sophia and starts walking around, she looks at the letter and then pulls it down. She sights and looks off in the sky.

"I feel unsure." she says. "As a priestress of Deus Mechanicus this is my duty. Independent of the pülace It would be the thing to do. On the other hand, It was a bit of pain when i heared he disapeared. at first I thought it was a schock reaction, but since he was gone I start thinking maybe he hates me for some reason. You can imagine that this won't make the arriage a nice thing."
    Sophia straightens her antennae, pulls her hood up again, and puts her third and fourth hand into her pockets.
    "You think he ran away to the Nexus to avoid you?" This is the problem with humans and co. No communication skills. But what an exciting turn of events that would be.
    "Send someone to talk to him."
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

22. - Top - End - #1192

[Newcomer]

"Well, ah, I'd be one o' those druids then." Atreyu remarks with a chuckle, "The one form I've got is natural, I'm what y'call a lycanthrope or, ah, a werewolf to use the common term."

Pause for a second to see if that makes Anika freak out.

"I guess I could show ya, if y'want, s'long as it ain't gonna make anyone start screaming."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

23. - Top - End - #1193
    Titan in the Playground

[Commanders' Village]

Emily and Lapis will be directed to Wenomir, since Cessie is currently busy. The warrior comes out to meet them without his weapons and armor this time. He's wearing a tabard with the Vigil logo over a simple shirt now.

"Lapis. And... Emily, was it? You delivered a report to us about the new invading army," he says when he sees them.
    My FFRP characters. Avatar by Ashen Lilies. Sigatars by Ashen Lilies, Gullara and Purple Eagle.
    Interested in the Nexus FFRP setting? See our Discord server.

24. - Top - End - #1194
    Barbarian in the Playground

[Commanders' Village]

"Emily's here to join VIGIL!" Lapis announces. "And she's SUPER tall!" she adds, just in case Wenomir hadn't noticed that yet. "She said she's good at punching things is she gunna have to do the sparring thing when she joins can I fight her?"

Lapis REALLY wants to do the initiation spar with someone.

Because all the cool heroic people get to spar with newcomers!

If she can spar with Emily then that means she's COOL!

And Lapis really wants to be cool like Anika and Saint Lazarus.

Will she finally get the chance she's been waiting for?

Oh!

"I bought a swording perk that lets me sword things without hurting them so I can spar with people and use my sword!" Lapis informs the commander, hoping that extra bit of information might sway his decision.
    Last edited by Rebonack; 2020-08-07 at 10:13 AM.
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

25. - Top - End - #1195
    Ogre in the Playground

[A Scholarly Visit]

As DAHL generates a rendering, Dr. Valiance smiles cheerfully towards Ambrosia.
    These questions were so interesting! He enjoyed the attention.

"Okay, so - actually!" He raises a finger.

--

"Grade of vibration doesn't actually matter, here." Val nods a little before pointing at the resonator. "What does matter, though, is - uhh, consistency of material?" Was that the right word? Probably not, but it didn't matter. "For example, a creature with really dense, packed musculature will need a higher frequency to experience paralysis, where, uhhh." What's a good example?

He couldn't think of one. "Smaller? People? They won't need as high a frequency. Too much, and they'll, well - yeah."

--

At this point, the rendering has completed. What follows is a short video wherein the effects of forty-eight percent power are felt upon a human being. Once struck, the rendered human immediately collapses as if struck dead. Muscles clench painfully, cramping until almost entirely paralyzed.

It looks absurdly painful. "Oh, wow - would you look at that!"

26. - Top - End - #1196

[MEDLAB II]

Hard to trust them? Obsidian isn't really sure what happened. She was over in that other room, and she was getting mad because they wouldn't believe her and just kept on saying things, and then she passed out and then she was here feeling weird. So, she's not sure what had happened, exactly. But! Oh! She finally recognizes those two: "Oh! You two were in that other room, too."

She cooperates.

Turns out, Val already has some samples.
    But they were convinced that the cause of her resisting the zombie bite was magical in nature and that they needed samples from her in dragon form in order to see what happened, but as she talks a little, it should become apparent that she hasn't been in dragon form since before she got bit - so getting samples from her as a dragon would be kind-of useless. If they can stand her mannerisms for long enough and get samples with her cooperation, they'll glean that her 'strength' really boils down to a specialized immune system (even present in her human form) (slightly bolstered with innate magic) that is really effective against undeadness as well as diseases associated with rotting flesh, and so on.

So...
    samples obtained!
    explanation obtained!
    Favorite sports:
    Fencing
    Football (Soccer)
    Figure Skating
    (and basically everything else that starts with 'f')
    ALSO! Come roleplay FFRPG in the Nexus!
    Nexus Characters.

27. - Top - End - #1197

Sophia straightens her antennae, pulls her hood up again, and puts her third and fourth hand into her pockets.
    "You think he ran away to the Nexus to avoid you?" This is the problem with humans and co. No communication skills. But what an exciting turn of events that would be.
    "Send someone to talk to him."
    [On the Edge - Very Edgy?]

"There are a few problems." Mia says. "First, I and the church don't think that he planned to get here. He was schocked when he heared he had to marry a sixteen year old woman he never met before. He went away and for us disapeared.
    Next, I don't know where he is exactly. I think I hire MERC for that rather then seach alone."
    up to now me sounded very calm and calculated. but the next part she sounds frustated.
    "And last one. What should i tell him?I mean go in and say I am his future wife won't help. And I know none to send who isn#t part of the church. Even if I know his locarion"

28. - Top - End - #1198

[A Scholarly Visit]

Ambrosia nods, a note being made in her book regarding this. "So the frequency might still need adjustment depending on the target." She observes before her attention is turned to the rendering. "Looks like I got pretty lucky on that one. Impressive." Very effective.

But there were other things to take note of. "What are the side effects of this, if any? Since I don't see the rending taking that into account. The human body can be a fragile thing and plenty of people have all manner of pre-existing conditions. Not to mention a different biology than your base-line human which is relevant in the nexus. All that could cause variables that aren't displayed here."
    Last edited by Shadowcaller; 2020-08-07 at 06:41 AM.

29. - Top - End - #1199
    Ogre in the Playground

[Commander's Village]

"Good memory," the massive woman says, "I'm looking to join at this point, assuming you could use someone like me. That said, this 'sparring' initiation, is that necessary or just a tradition?"
    Last edited by Halae; 2020-08-07 at 04:59 PM.
    If You need me to post somewhere, drop me a message, please

Awesome avatar by the wondrous Kurien.

30. - Top - End - #1200

NinjaGuy

[Wenomir's Office]

Electra nods, listening intently.

"She...enjoyed making things, then? If so, she seems to have retained that, though the method has changed." She pauses for a moment, her expression unreadable, before she asks quietly, with a bit of worry in her voice, and lot more in her eyes. "You said Kr was impulsive. Did she often take risks, perhaps ones that weren't healthy for her?"
    Why is it Plan A is always, "Get 'Em!" and Plan B is, "Cause as much collateral damage as possible"?