New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: OOTS #1193 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Spoiler: I choose to believe this statement will not cause any strife whatsoever
    Show
    I really set myself up for that one, didn't I? Anyway, i only have 1 thing to say to people who revere the OT:

Spoiler
    Show

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post
    I really set myself up for that one, didn't I? Anyway, i only have 1 thing to say to people who revere the OT:

Spoiler
    Show
    I believe that the person in that gif wasn’t supposed to be right, tis why it was said by the villain right before the other protagonist and Luke were like “Naw, you wrong” (we just saw the part he said that too!).

Also Disney Star Wars is 3/5 good, but I’m still not feeling like saying what that 3/5 is (I’ll do it eventually though).
    Arrrgh, here be me extended sig!
    Spoiler: Read this if I've posted a theory in the post above
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Schroeswald View Post
    I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

3. - Top - End - #153
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by littlebum2002 View Post

Spoiler
    Show
    It is a bold choice to quote that line from a character obsessed with Darth Vader and who fights (and loses to) Luke Skywalker and Palpatine.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-02-28 at 02:09 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

4. - Top - End - #154
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Julia seems to be high INT, low WIS and CHA. Which is a shame. But it's possible she might have something insightful to say about the upcoming battle. More importantly, Roy is putting up with her on the off chance that she might have something to say, which is responsible and wise.
    Alignments are objective. Right and wrong are not.
    Good: Will act to prevent harm to others even at personal cost.
    Evil: Will seek personal benefit even if it causes harm to others.
    Law: General, universal, and consistent trump specific, local, and inconsistent.
    Chaos: Specific, local, and inconsistent trump general, universal, and consistent.

5. - Top - End - #155

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonian View Post
    Julia seems to be high INT, low WIS and CHA. Which is a shame. But it's possible she might have something insightful to say about the upcoming battle. More importantly, Roy is putting up with her on the off chance that she might have something to say, which is responsible and wise.
    I’d guess she has good charisma, you don’t get to be the most popular girl in the school based solely on your grades and INT.
    Show

I recognize that Conservation of Detail is Overrated, but I find the event that I am using as evidence for my theory above important enough/given enough focus to qualify for what I call Elan’s Exception, “Who wastes perfectly good foreshadowing like that?”. Also I have never correctly predicted any event in any piece of media so take this theory with a grain of salt (I call this Peelee’s Ye Old Reminder).

6. - Top - End - #156
    Barbarian in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

d20 Re: OOTS #1193 - The Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Watcher View Post

I'm not 100% sure what it says about me that neither I nor my born-and-raised-in-India father never felt any discomfort from that movie. To the point where I was a bit surprised when my parents got into an argument with one of my older cousins about it. I guess (to my eyes) it always seemed so stupidly over the top that I barely even connected it to reality.
    {scrubbed}
    Last edited by Peelee; 2020-02-29 at 09:34 PM.
    Alignments are objective. Right and wrong are not.
    Good: Will act to prevent harm to others even at personal cost.
    Evil: Will seek personal benefit even if it causes harm to others.
    Law: General, universal, and consistent trump specific, local, and inconsistent.
    Chaos: Specific, local, and inconsistent trump general, universal, and consistent.

7. - Top - End - #157

WolfInSheepsClothing

How long till we get Tarquin, Miko and Hilgya? I'll bet that Tarquin comes up in the next week, Hilgya in the next month and, actually I don't think we've had a Miko tangent (beyond a thread made about her) since I joined the forums.
    We could discuss how each of these characters feel about 27 year olds dating 17 year olds. I think Tarquin is in favor of it, Hilgya doesn't care, and Miko's stance is "slash slash slash."

8. - Top - End - #158

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalFailure View Post
    We could discuss how each of these characters feel about 27 year olds dating 17 year olds. I think Tarquin is in favor of it, Hilgya doesn't care, and Miko's stance is "slash slash slash."
    Tarquin is also probably in favor of [Tarquin’s age] year olds dating a few years younger tbh.

Hilgya might care in specific circumstances, mostly if it’s her or her son involved.

Miko is dead on, she’d be bumping a lot of uglies.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #159

WolfInSheepsClothing

Tarquin is also probably in favor of [Tarquin’s age] year olds dating a few years younger tbh.

Hilgya might care in specific circumstances, mostly if it’s her or her son involved.

Miko is dead on, she’d be bumping a lot of uglies.
    Yeah that's basically what I was thinking for all of them. Tarquin seems like the sort who would say "age is just a number" while trying to sleep with someone young enough to be his child.

10. - Top - End - #160

He's getting old enough you could say grandchild.

11. - Top - End - #161
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rogar Demonblud View Post
    He's getting old enough you could say grandchild.
    His son is in his 20s.

12. - Top - End - #162

Quote Originally Posted by Lissou View Post
    His son is in his 20s.
    And if he had his son at 40, then a 20-year-old would still be young enough to be his grandchild. His actual children's ages are irrelevant. I don't think we know his age, but I'm not sure the Giant Steve Martin'd him.

13. - Top - End - #163

And if he had his son at 40, then a 20-year-old would still be young enough to be his grandchild. His actual children's ages are irrelevant. I don't think we know his age, but I'm not sure the Giant Steve Martin'd him.
    We have a minimum age of 51 due to him having adventured for 35 years but I'd guess he's at least 53 (the date you reach Old Age).
    Show

14. - Top - End - #164

Yeah. Have first kid at 17 or 18, that kid has kid at 17 or 18, your grandkid is Julia's age at his current age.

15. - Top - End - #165
    Titan in the Playground

Also Disney Star Wars is 3/5 good, but I’m still not feeling like saying what that 3/5 is (I’ll do it eventually though).
    Rogue One was good.
    1/5.

Solo had its moments, but was really disappointing to me because of what it could have been - argh.

The 7,8,9 had some moments, each did, but they kept tripping all over themselves in terms of flow and plot.

At least it ended. And I did like Rey's last line.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

16. - Top - End - #166

Quote Originally Posted by KorvinStarmast View Post
    Rogue One was good.
    1/5.
    Disney Star Wars has a sixth pillar - The Mandalorian. So both y'all need to add one to both numerator and denominator.

17. - Top - End - #167

Disney Star Wars has a sixth pillar - The Mandalorian. So both y'all need to add one to both numerator and denominator.
    Okay then, I haven't got around to actually finishing that but 4/6 I guess, Mandalorian was pretty good and fun, nothing deep or amazing, but a decent story in an interesting world, Disney should do more of those instead of making a bunch of stuff around the ST and rehashing the prequels and the original trilogy (and telling dumb backstories, Rogue One was good but it was a dumb backstory to make).
    Show

18. - Top - End - #168
    Colossus in the Playground

BlackDragon

It also has Star Wars: Rebels, which was produced while Lucasfilm was a subsidiary of Disney so it counts.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Titan in the Playground

Disney Star Wars has a sixth pillar - The Mandalorian.
    Like it so far, and the addition of Giancarlo Esposito bodes well for next season. That said, there's some heavy handedness in it (particularly in the last two episodes) that I hope they smooth out next season
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society

20. - Top - End - #170

Quote Originally Posted by factotum View Post
    It also has Star Wars: Rebels, which was produced while Lucasfilm was a subsidiary of Disney so it counts.
    I'm not adding that because I've only seen the first episode of it, oh and also if we're going to keep adding stuff there's also comics, the like two books (I know there have been more, it just feels like there have been 2), the new seasons of the Clone Wars and Star Wars: Forces of Destiny, which is like 11 pillars?

However of those extra pillars I have only read Tarkin and that one comic book that was in continuity with the original comics, maybe I saw a couple of the episodes of Clone Wars, and I watched a review of Forces of Destiny, not enough to judge any of them.
    Show

21. - Top - End - #171

BlackDragon

I'm not adding that because I've only seen the first episode of it
    Oh, OK, so anything you've not read or seen is no longer canonically part of the Star Wars universe? Got it. Don't suppose you can retroactively forget you ever saw Last Jedi, in that case?

22. - Top - End - #172

mad Re: OOTS #1193 - The Discussion Thread

Oh, OK, so anything you've not read or seen is no longer canonically part of the Star Wars universe? Got it. Don't suppose you can retroactively forget you ever saw Last Jedi, in that case?
    It’s more “I can’t judge a tv show I saw one episode of years ago”. Oh and TLJ is definitely not the sequel movie I’d be forgetting I ever watched.
    It’s the Rise of Skywalker, that film is baaaaad.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #173
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by endiku View Post
    I'm just now realizing she's a wizard....:/ :(

...huh.....

Thought she would be more of a sorcerer type what with the whole look at my ta-ta's thing and all
    Eugene Greenhilt's kid, a sorceress?

Quote Originally Posted by Roy (from OOTPCs)
    You almost never use the words 'crushing disappointment' when talking about her.
    Julia's a wizard.

24. - Top - End - #174

I love Rebels, but in the spirit of everyone and their mothers ignoring the 2008 film The Clone Wars, I assume only live-action counts.

25. - Top - End - #175

I love Rebels, but in the spirit of everyone and their mothers ignoring the 2008 film The Clone Wars, I assume only live-action counts.
    That's not included because people got used to only counting the Skywalker Saga and treating the movie as apart of the tv show, and then they decided to count Solo and Rogue One, and just forgot that TCW counts.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #176

That's not included because people got used to only counting the Skywalker Saga and treating the movie as apart of the tv show, and then they decided to count Solo and Rogue One, and just forgot that TCW counts.
    "It was the red-headed stepchild at first, but later it became the red-headed stepchild" isn't a terribly resounding rebuttal.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by mucat View Post
    Eugene Greenhilt's kid, a sorceress?
    I'm at least fairly sure she could have pulled it off, like Roy having the Wis and Cha to pull off a Cleric. Maybe an Ultimate Magus build, that might have worked.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

28. - Top - End - #178

Quote Originally Posted by danielxcutter View Post
    I'm at least fairly sure she could have pulled it off, like Roy having the Wis and Cha to pull off a Cleric. Maybe an Ultimate Magus build, that might have worked.
    The point is that Eugene's favorite child would of course be a wizard, because he's a "wizards are clearly superior to every other class" dude (as seen in interacting with Roy and Master Fyron).
    Show

29. - Top - End - #179
    Titan in the Playground

The point is that Eugene's favorite child would of course be a wizard, because he's a "wizards are clearly superior to every other class" dude (as seen in interacting with Roy and Master Fyron).
    I said could, not would. Ultimate Magus is a bit of a bleh prestige class anyways; I'm just saying that she probably has the ability scores to make that work at all.
    Cool elan Illithid Slayer by linkele.

Editor/co-writer of Magicae Est Potestas, a crossover between Artemis Fowl and Undertale. Ao3 FanFiction.net DeviantArt
    We also have a TvTropes page!

Currently playing: Red Hand of Doom(campaign journal) Campaign still going on, but journal discontinued until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Squire Doodad View Post
    I could write a lengthy explanation, but honestly just what danielxcutter said.
    Extended sig here.

30. - Top - End - #180

BlackDragon

I may be wrong, but Disney only bought Lucasfilm in 2012, right? So if you're specifically only talking about "Disney" Star Wars stuff, that one wouldn't count. I maybe missed the point of this argument if that's not what we're talking about.