New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Castlevania Season 3 (the Netflix show)

Just finished the season with my girlfriend. Basically incredible, I loved it. Love how it's setting up for things, excited to see how it goes from here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Still following the theory that Isaac is going to become Death at some point. If he manages to ressurect Dracula next season it's important to note that the ritual says it combines two souls, so he'll probably be bringing Dracula AND Lisa back, and this fusion (plus his Forgemaster powers) will make Dracula... come back wrong, and with his classic demon-y form. I'm still kinda hessitant to bring back Drac because of how powerful his ending actually WAS, so bringing him back as some horrid monster mixture of him and his wife so as to ensure Vlad, the character, is dead but Dracula, the monster, remains, would be a good idea.

Hector's adventure in becoming a dog was great fun, I love the banter of Carmilla and her friends. They're all horribly great and super excited to do her nonsense scheme with a scheme of their own. Gonna be a little sad to see it all crumble down save for Carmilla herself and then wait a thousand years for COTM to roll around so the slowest boy in the world can power-walk her to death. Also looking forward to Hector getting liberated so we can set up for his confrontation with Isaac, assuming they go that route (which given Germain and the Infinite Corridor, they probably will). I'm also looking forward to more of everyone's favorite time bastard.

Trevor and Sypha's part was fantastic, this somber adventure full of excitement and wonder right up until the rug gets pulled out from under Sypha and she's forced to see that sometimes, you're not the hero fighting against the age ole super vampire to save the world. Sometimes you step in **** and have to deal with the mess. I don't necessarily like this part of it, you could have had it still turn out this way with the Judge being good and it'd still hit the same, and that's a flaw. That said, Trevor's final words of "now we're living my world" is... stark and powerful, in a lot of ways, and I look forward to the recovery the two will go through to get from this. Not that this is advised in real life, but maybe kids will help her out...

And Alucard... I can't actually discuss Alucard because it's just one wordless, mournful cry. My poor poor baby. Alucard no. I'm so sorry this happened to you. That was actually kinda genuinely disturbing and really sad. ****. Poor Alucard. (exaggerations aside I feel like this bit could have been improved a touch. Better build up to The Thing That Happens, a bit faster paced, but it was emotionally effective still, especially the ending).

Only other thing I have to say about this is; WHERE GRANT? GIVE GRANT?! CAN HAVE... GRANT?
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2020-03-15 at 02:34 AM.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Just finished the season with my girlfriend. Basically incredible, I loved it. Love how it's setting up for things, excited to see how it goes from here.

Spoiler
    Show
    Still following the theory that Isaac is going to become Death at some point. If he manages to ressurect Dracula next season it's important to note that the ritual says it combines two souls, so he'll probably be bringing Dracula AND Lisa back, and this fusion (plus his Forgemaster powers) will make Dracula... come back wrong, and with his classic demon-y form. I'm still kinda hessitant to bring back Drac because of how powerful his ending actually WAS, so bringing him back as some horrid monster mixture of him and his wife so as to ensure Vlad, the character, is dead but Dracula, the monster, remains, would be a good idea.

Hector's adventure in becoming a dog was great fun, I love the banter of Carmilla and her friends. They're all horribly great and super excited to do her nonsense scheme with a scheme of their own. Gonna be a little sad to see it all crumble down save for Carmilla herself and then wait a thousand years for COTM to roll around so the slowest boy in the world can power-walk her to death. Also looking forward to Hector getting liberated so we can set up for his confrontation with Isaac, assuming they go that route (which given Germain and the Infinite Corridor, they probably will). I'm also looking forward to more of everyone's favorite time bastard.

Trevor and Sypha's part was fantastic, this somber adventure full of excitement and wonder right up until the rug gets pulled out from under Sypha and she's forced to see that sometimes, you're not the hero fighting against the age ole super vampire to save the world. Sometimes you step in **** and have to deal with the mess. I don't necessarily like this part of it, you could have had it still turn out this way with the Judge being good and it'd still hit the same, and that's a flaw. That said, Trevor's final words of "now we're living my world" is... stark and powerful, in a lot of ways, and I look forward to the recovery the two will go through to get from this. Not that this is advised in real life, but maybe kids will help her out...

And Alucard... I can't actually discuss Alucard because it's just one wordless, mournful cry. My poor poor baby. Alucard no. I'm so sorry this happened to you. That was actually kinda genuinely disturbing and really sad. ****. Poor Alucard. (exaggerations aside I feel like this bit could have been improved a touch. Better build up to The Thing That Happens, a bit faster paced, but it was emotionally effective still, especially the ending).

Only other thing I have to say about this is; WHERE GRANT? GIVE GRANT?! CAN HAVE... GRANT?
    He's mentioned in the beginning. Pirate of the Roads.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

3. - Top - End - #33

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    I don't think that's Grant but I hope it's Grant.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Troll in the Playground

So, crackpot theory time: Season 4 will be Symphony of the Night and the one with Hector and Isaac at the same time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • St. Germain and The Infinite Corridor (which sounds like a Harry Potter spinoff, incidentally) means that Time Travel can be a thing. Which would allow the events of SOTN to take place in the future, while still keeping all of the S1 and 2 cast relevant (and let the plot threads intersect a bit).
    • Alucard's good and disillusioned with humanity, but in a way that hasn't put him on bad terms with Team Belmont, which is basically where he was when he decided to take a nap before SOTN (which, in the good ending, had him reconnect with humanity and become the person who stealth mentored Soma). It could be that he winds up travelling to the future rather than waiting around in a coffin to get there the slow way.
    • SOTN had allusions to the events of III (such as Alucard fighting zombie versions of the rest of Team Belmont).
    • Hector and Lenore's relationship right now is clearly eff'd up, but Hector could easily have enough Stokholm syndrome to avenge her if Isaac leads a revolt against the castle and puts an end to her nonsense (for his own ends). Avenging her was basically the conflict Hector and Isaac had in the game itself.
    • Hector fought both Germain and Trevor as bosses.
    Hi, I'm back, I guess. ^_^
    I cosplay and stream LPs of single player games on Twitch! Mon, Wed & Fri; currently playing: Nier: Replicant (Mon/Wed) and The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons (Thurs or Fri)

5. - Top - End - #35

Quote Originally Posted by Bisected8 View Post
    So, crackpot theory time: Season 4 will be Symphony of the Night and the one with Hector and Isaac at the same time:
    Spoiler
    Show
    • St. Germain and The Infinite Corridor (which sounds like a Harry Potter spinoff, incidentally) means that Time Travel can be a thing. Which would allow the events of SOTN to take place in the future, while still keeping all of the S1 and 2 cast relevant (and let the plot threads intersect a bit).
    • Alucard's good and disillusioned with humanity, but in a way that hasn't put him on bad terms with Team Belmont, which is basically where he was when he decided to take a nap before SOTN (which, in the good ending, had him reconnect with humanity and become the person who stealth mentored Soma). It could be that he winds up travelling to the future rather than waiting around in a coffin to get there the slow way.
    • SOTN had allusions to the events of III (such as Alucard fighting zombie versions of the rest of Team Belmont).
    • Hector and Lenore's relationship right now is clearly eff'd up, but Hector could easily have enough Stokholm syndrome to avenge her if Isaac leads a revolt against the castle and puts an end to her nonsense (for his own ends). Avenging her was basically the conflict Hector and Isaac had in the game itself.
    • Hector fought both Germain and Trevor as bosses.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Well, like Alucard said. He has completely lost track of time. For all we know he is in the future right now. We know that at least a couple seasons have passed due to the environment, whereas it's more static for everyone else?

Also did everyone just forget Hector's wife and savior is called Rosaly and not Lenore? Lenore is not his love and I fully suspect Rosaly to be made a bit more badass (and probably a good aligned witch of the church) who'll save him.

That being said I quite like your theory. My only issue would be how one would actually plot it...

6. - Top - End - #36
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Ironically, Isaac is the only exception. He keeps expecting deception from humanity. But everyone he meets has honest intentions: Whether as friend or foe. The shopkeeper, captain and old woman all keep their word to him. The guards and wizard are straightforwardly open in their hostility. I enjoyed that.
    At least St. Germain got his happy ending. He chose his strangers wisely. I think. ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by druid91 View Post
    I was hoping to see an encounter with him. Maybe next season? It just sounds too crazy to not have happen.
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

7. - Top - End - #37
    Troll in the Playground

well season 4 is kinda already set in stone for the isaac hector fight and all that entails in respective game but around the time i say belmond duo gonna be settling in close by to alucards home and next generation belmont gonna be born though the ending of isaac hector fight kinda be the last recurring element for long term plots continuation. we kinda still have couple more items of importance for story to continue as the whip of alchemy and dark pain kinda still waits to be introduced and i think alucard's sword still dont named which means alucard gonna change weapons few times until series can be end for good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Bugbear in the Playground

Is it just me or is it silly how everybody just keeps crapping on Hector?

It doesn't matter what safeguards you've got in place, constantly pissing off the single most important cog in your grand plan for no other reason than the 'lulz' just seems idiotic. Especially since he's so easy to manipulate that a simple pat on the back every few months; keeping bad influences away from him and just not taking time out of your day to torture him seems to be enough to earn his loyalty.

I know they're supposed to evil; but it's like they just want to be betrayed by an endless horde of hell monsters at an inopportune moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter_Wolf View Post
    At least we can say Kid Jake has style. And possibly is insane.
    My Campaign Journals

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Jake View Post

It doesn't matter what safeguards you've got in place, constantly pissing off the single most important cog in your grand plan for no other reason than the 'lulz' just seems idiotic. Especially since he's so easy to manipulate that a simple pat on the back every few months; keeping bad influences away from him and just not taking time out of your day to torture him seems to be enough to earn his loyalty.

I know they're supposed to evil; but it's like they just want to be betrayed by an endless horde of hell monsters at an inopportune moment.
    I actually feel like that's the POINT of this.

The vampires all act like they're so superior and smarter and stronger. Yet we are consistently shown that they are not only not smarter, they're SHOCKINGLY stupid. They can't see beyond their petty desires and impulses to do anything meaningful with their power and longevity.

Many of them are hundreds, even thousands of years old. The ONLY one that has done anything special is Dracula. He has chemistry, electricity, advanced mechanical constructions, and a freaking teleporting castle. It's functionally the dark ages and his wife has a freaking electric CENTRIFUGE (something that wasn't invented until the mid-19th century here).

THE ONLY one with any kind of vision was Dracula. The ONLY ONE that was able to make them a cohesive force was Dracula. And yet every single vampire went along with his plan to exterminate the humans. Literally the only one that actually voiced concerns about Dracula's end goal was the self-admitted moron Godbrand.

Despite the fact that they all knew of them, none of the vampires ever thought to band together and get rid of the Belmonts, despite, as Carmilla put it, 'hunting them for ****ing centuries'. The Belmont clan fell not because monsters finally got their act together and did it but because they were so good at getting rid of them that humanity didn't see the need to keep them around anymore.

That seems to be the theme of the show. Evil is powerful and ambitious, but also stupid, petty, backstabbing, shortsighted, and incapable of executing any kind of actual long-term plan. If they actually got their act together humanity would be doomed. But they can't get their act together. They can't stop themselves from indulging in petty cruelty that is not only not useful, but actively hurts their alleged plans. Carmilla and her gurl gang, despite their BS about being better than males, can't help themselves from indulging in pointless torture of a human that is the single most essential component of their alleged plan.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Ettin in the Playground

Its worth pointing out that Hector is actually getting pretty much exactly what he thought he was going to get from Dracula and what he told Lenore he thought his reward was going to be.

He's just realizing that this is not something it was cracked up to be because he's a stupid prat. And unless he figures out how to get that ring off, he's not going to be betraying anyone with a horde of hell monsters, he's going to keep living his life like how he thought he was going to end up after Dracula's xenocide.

Cause again, Hector is an idiot and at this point actively courts people to exploit him. Cause right now, he's not even the most important cog anymore, he's just a useful one.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

11. - Top - End - #41

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    Its worth pointing out that Hector is actually getting pretty much exactly what he thought he was going to get from Dracula and what he told Lenore he thought his reward was going to be.

He's just realizing that this is not something it was cracked up to be because he's a stupid prat. And unless he figures out how to get that ring off, he's not going to be betraying anyone with a horde of hell monsters, he's going to keep living his life like how he thought he was going to end up after Dracula's xenocide.

Cause again, Hector is an idiot and at this point actively courts people to exploit him. Cause right now, he's not even the most important cog anymore, he's just a useful one.

Exactly though, they're giving him exactly what he wants at literally no cost to themselves. If they'd stop poking him in the eye whispering "What'choo gonna do about it?" they wouldn't need the safeguards at all. I mean removing the ring might be painful but at a certain point it's going be worth it to just lop off the finger, or even the whole damned hand, just to see the look on their faces as your monster legion tears their castle down around their ears in the middle of the day.

Also, I'm not convinced that they've replaced him in the plan. Mercenaries might could do the job they want, but nowhere near as effectively and the sort willing to help enslave humanity as livestock are going to be both expensive and opportunistic; neither of which make for good long term minions.

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    I actually feel like that's the POINT of this.

SNIP

This actually makes a lot of sense and I hope it all is intentional.

I can actually hear Godbrand's voice scoffing "I'm the only one here smart enough to realize he's an idiot."

My Campaign Journals

12. - Top - End - #42

I mean removing the ring might be painful but at a certain point it's going be worth it to just lop off the finger, or even the whole damned hand, just to see the look on their faces as your monster legion tears their castle down around their ears in the middle of the day
    Exactly what I thought when I saw the ring. Actually, I'm taking bets this is going to happen at some point.
    Resident Vancian Apologist

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ettin in the Playground

Yes it is not rational but it is entirely human, and the human instinct of people who rule by force. Such people take great delight in the power to dominate and the fear of being dominated themselves. These dual instincts (actually opposing sides of the same instinct) often lead to irrational ends, non steady state ends where you are trying to control the impossible to control. It works until it suddenly it does not. It is foreseeable if you mediate and think in a Promethean matter of thought.

———

Evil / Wickedness is often not rational, it must be tempered, one must realize ones limits or it destroys itself by creating the seeds of its own destruction. People rise up and slay Evil / Wickedness for they do not feel safe in said relationship. Yet this whole mindset, the mindset of temperance is antithetical to a domination mindset. Virtue / Virtu / Golden Mean is alien to feeling absolute control and absolute power, the rush one gets in domination, you can not do both at once, one can only feel said feelings in comparison between different moments of time inside ones mind.

———

A reminder Carmella hates pets for they remind her of her younger years where an Old Man Vampire Turned Her and kept her as a pet. Lenore instead adopts strays and delights in the dominating act of controlling them. Regardless these two both see the world through the same framework even if they have different opinions on how to operate said framework. One wants Humanity to be Cattle, the other as Pets.
    Last edited by Ramza00; 2020-03-19 at 10:58 AM.
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

14. - Top - End - #44

I feel like it's worth noting that Godbrand was the first vampire who realized what Dracula was really up to. And that he's a viking. In THIS time period.

He may seem stupid. He may even BE stupid. But he's actually pretty damn smart. He just confronted the wrong dog.

15. - Top - End - #45
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    I feel like it's worth noting that Godbrand was the first vampire who realized what Dracula was really up to. And that he's a viking. In THIS time period.

He may seem stupid. He may even BE stupid. But he's actually pretty damn smart. He just confronted the wrong dog.
    He's not smart. He's a moron, he admits it himself.

He's also very SAVVY. He's a moron with common sense who understands his own limitations and that lets him recognize things that others either refuse to see, or are too arrogant to even think about.

His savvy meant he instinctively grasped that Dracula's plan was crazy and that Dracula was much weaker than normal because he wasn't drinking blood.

And that coupled with his lack of intelligence also got him killed because he was too dumb to keep that intuition to himself.
    Last edited by Olinser; 2020-03-19 at 03:54 PM.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

I use the same name in every game I ever play or forum I join (except the pretender on PSN that forced me to be RealOlinser). If you see an Olinser in a game or on a website, there's a high chance it's me, feel free to shoot me a message.

16. - Top - End - #46

Quote Originally Posted by Olinser View Post
    He's not smart. He's a moron, he admits it himself.

He's also very SAVVY. He's a moron with common sense who understands his own limitations and that lets him recognize things that others either refuse to see, or are too arrogant to even think about.

His savvy meant he instinctively grasped that Dracula's plan was crazy and that Dracula was much weaker than normal because he wasn't drinking blood.

And that coupled with his lack of intelligence also got him killed because he was too dumb to keep that intuition to himself.
    I don't know but aside from the fact that he spoke to Isaac instead of Hector, this all seems pretty smart to me. Ultimately it's just semantics.

17. - Top - End - #47

The difference between dumping Intelligence and Wisdom.

My Campaign Journals

18. - Top - End - #48
    Ettin in the Playground

...I just made the connection between godbrand and the viking undead creatures, Dragur or whatever.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

That's probably the best description.

Intelligence was Godbrand's dump stat, but he has high Wisdom and reasonable Charisma. None of the others were willing to participate in Carmilla's scheme (despite her being obviously much more intelligent), but Godbrand was the one that convinced them to go out and throw a slaughter party contrary to Dracula's explicit orders.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT RAK!!

20. - Top - End - #50
    Ettin in the Playground

I think it's less that and more a matter of culture and education. Godbrand is a viking.

He knows fighting, raiding, and war. Does he know how to prosecute an entirely landlocked campaign? probably not. But he's familiar with the general shape of war.

Now let's compare that to the only two other Vampires we really have much backstory on besides Dracula himself.

Carmilla, not all that much brighter than Godbrand himself, only where Godbrand's education focused on fighting, Carmilla's is scheming and socializing. By the time she even came onto the scene, she could piggyback off of Godbrand's realization that something wasn't up, and from there was entirely driven by her seeming distaste for men.

And the Japanese Vampire, who from what we can tell more or less sat in the mountains for centuries playing at being a boogieman. Boogie-woman. No real education or goals, just.... basically the ancient sadistic vampire version of being an eccentric hermit.

As for why he spouted off his mouth to Isaac, he couldn't seem to comprehend the idea that Isaac could hate all of humanity. Sign on with Dracula to wreck some people he doesn't know a world away from his home? Sure. But try to wipe them all off the face of the earth? From the start it's apparent that Godbrand thinks they still have sympathies with humanity.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by AvatarZero View Post
    I like the "hobo" in there.
    "Hey, you just got 10000gp! You going to buy a fully staffed mansion or something?"
    "Nah, I'll upgrade my +2 sword to a +3 sword and sleep in my cloak."

Non est salvatori salvator, neque defensori dominus, nec pater nec mater, nihil supernum.

Torumekian knight Avatar by Licoot.

Note to self: Never get involved in an ethics thread again...Especially if I'm defending the empire.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Ettin in the Playground

Exactly though, they're giving him exactly what he wants at literally no cost to themselves. If they'd stop poking him in the eye whispering "What'choo gonna do about it?" they wouldn't need the safeguards at all. I mean removing the ring might be painful but at a certain point it's going be worth it to just lop off the finger, or even the whole damned hand, just to see the look on their faces as your monster legion tears their castle down around their ears in the middle of the day.

Also, I'm not convinced that they've replaced him in the plan. Mercenaries might could do the job they want, but nowhere near as effectively and the sort willing to help enslave humanity as livestock are going to be both expensive and opportunistic; neither of which make for good long term minions.
    Except that would be stupid because, as Carmilla knows well, that's just asking for Hector to grow a brain eventually or start thinking on his own. And if the safeguard is already on, there's really no reason for them not to have their fun with him however it may be. The point remains though that Lenore, by the end of the season, is NOT treating Hector poorly and stands up for him to the rest of her cadre, she just doesn't view him as an independent person either. And if that ring is as easy to circumvent as just lopping off the finger, that is a truly awful safeguard. Like legitimately they'd have been better off with pretty much any other safeguard. So I'm betting that if Hector does get rebellious, he can't jsut remove his finger to be free of it. Hell, he might not be ABLE to remove his finger.

And the other two vampires were convinced they could accomplish Carmilla's mad scheme with the mercenaries when they were positively certain that Lenore was going to fail. Hector is, obviously, the more efficient choice and definitely makes the plan better, but they wouldn't have mentioned the mercenaries and such without a reason and I believe its to tell the viewer that even if Issac wasn't coming for Hector, the daft fool will have a lot of other problems on his hands if he tries rebellion. Problems with pointy metal sticks.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

22. - Top - End - #52

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaydos View Post
    ...I just made the connection between godbrand and the viking undead creatures, Dragur or whatever.
    Somewhat ironically, Godbrand was probably right about knowing if water would kill him or not.

also, regarding the mercenaries Striga and Morana hired; not only are they a good fighting force, any that die get shipped off to Hector now that he IS their loyal demon making machine. It's a double success! Exactly as Carmilla planned. Which she will gladly take almost all the credit for while her friends roll their eyes but accept it because aaah, that's just Carmilla for you. Crazy weirdo.

I really like the new vampire characters. Dracula is all well and cool but Castlevania the game series has really only had ONE other vampire (and he is also really cool) so it's nice to see all these good good vampire friends.

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ettin in the Playground

Godbrand is both high Int and low Int simultaneously in the D&D context. Godbrand problem is theory of mind issues, but he was actually quite intelligent and savvy at solving for problems with the goals he understood, the values he understood, the rewards he understood, etc.

Godbrand problem is he is not intelligent or savvy to things he did not understand (theory of mind issues), and thus he lacked the skills set to play a game of "masquerade" where one must be duplicitous and not duplicitous where one feels each other out. Godbrand is both high int and low int in the D&D sense for D&D is reductive in how it describes Int, Wis, Cha to single numbers.

-----

Note for everything that Godbrand had problems with Dracula excelled. Dracula naturally understood people had different motivations, goals, point of view on how one sees the world. This allowed Dracula to lie to each of his 7 generals and his 2 forgemasters, weaving a different lie for each of them of what the goals are.

Dracula just found those things tiring by year 1 of his revenge, but he was not instantly drained using those same skill set in year 0 of his revenge when he was preparing for his goal. Pretty much Dracula feel into a deep depression due to the trauma he experienced.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Finished the season yesterday. I liked it, but didn't love it. Really feels like this season is the fallout from last season and realignment before the next big story arc.

Best part for me is Trevor & Sypha's story. Everything about that is good with me.

Isaac's story feels disconnected to everything else going on, like he's halfway to being in a completely different series at this point. He got some nice development but really needs to be woven back into the same story as the other characters.

Hector/Carmilla/etc. is interesting, but a mixed bag. I like Lenore, don't care about Striga or the other one, and Carmilla felt seriously diminished as a character this season. I'm interested to see how this plays out, but I have some reservations.

Alucard's story was a complete waste, as far as I'm concerned. Would have been better to leave him out entirely if this is all they could come up with for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    Work is the scourge of the gaming classes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    Neither Evershifting List of Perfectly Prepared Spells nor Grounds to Howl at the DM If I Ever Lose is actually a wizard class feature.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Titan in the Playground

I'm fine with the season. Of course there were faults with it but I don't regret watching it.

Alucard's arc was probably the weakest, mostly because it had no point unless it's a first step for him turning evil. But also I feel like the siblings could have been done better. They were not terrible but there was definitely room for improvement.

Sypha (I'll never get used to that spelling) and Trevor's was most fun. Mostly because the two joke around even in life threatening situations. I wish it felt more impactful than a random demon trying to ressurect Vlad and I didn't care too much for Germain but overall it was what I usually enjoy.

Hector's new home was fine, too. It was pretty clear how it would end and I give 9 to 1 odds he'll get his revenge in the end but we'll see. It was much more the sisters' arc than his.
    I was somewhat expecting Lenore to betray her sisters and enslave them, too, but I guess not.

Hector's arc... Didn't really have anything amazing in it but I enjoyed him making the journey / experiences anyway. I wish we'd seen more growth and not just short and rather shallow 'debates' but it wasn't bad.
    But Captain, if you steal from Pratchett, steal properly! (and I'm sure someone will tell me Pratchett isn't the only one to use such a phrasing but I don't care )

So yeah, maybe they could have made some cuts and changes but I enjoyed it.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

26. - Top - End - #56
    Ettin in the Playground

Vampires and sisters, I have a scheme!
    Vampires and sisters, WE have a scheme!

27. - Top - End - #57
    Spamalot in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Alucard's arc was probably the weakest, mostly because it had no point unless it's a first step for him turning evil. But also I feel like the siblings could have been done better. They were not terrible but there was definitely room for improvement.
    I'm still disappointed we're not gonna see Alucard go curb-stomp some Japanese ninja vampires. Missed opportunity!
    Digo Dragon - Artist
    D&D 5e Homebrew: My Little Pony Races

28. - Top - End - #58
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    I'm still disappointed we're not gonna see Alucard go curb-stomp some Japanese ninja vampires. Missed opportunity!
    While that would be fun, the whole point of the Alucard arc is to establish Alucard as The Fisher King, and how he is betrayed by others while doing his duty / obligation. Alucard really needs to adopt some Seekers. Alucard is fine with being immortal and guard his two locations but he need to be connected to the world, connected to people...Not just for social interaction to maintain his soul but also to share his knowledge, intellect, culture, lore, etc.

If the traveling castle could still travel then perhaps Alucard could hide the castle after moving all the Belmont treasures to the castle. But Alucard can not. He is stuck between both worlds of his father and mother, immortal and mortal, part of society yet separate from it...and thus to be Alucard is to suffer in this liminal place, to suffer in Purgatory while his father and mother are now part of Hell.

29. - Top - End - #59

BlackDragon

If I was to hazard some guesses, the castle will be fixed soon. After the mess of the twins and with Al's connections to humanity fleeing, I think it's enough of a push to get him started on that plot point. And didn't Hector have a wife named Lenore in the games? My bad, it was Rosaly.
    Last edited by HolyDraconus; 2020-03-29 at 08:48 AM.

30. - Top - End - #60
    Troll in the Playground

and season 4 is announced looks like hector and isaac plot gets the green light for next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Shadow View Post
    Threads are like cats. They go where they want, and never listen to what you want them to do.