New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 20 of 51 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293045 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #571
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Strange Aeons 2: The Thrushmoor Terror [IC]

Cesadia Wrentz has nothing else for you, so .... to the studio!

Lelwyn Hasok enthusiastically greets the party, and for those who didn't go inside previously, he will take you to show you a tryptyh he's been painting. It actually seems like he has been working on it, and there are a few more spaces where there are figures with faces missing.

All-in-all, there are nine figures, but only five of you. Still, he is excited about the five of you and for 10 gp apiece (that is, he pays you) he is willing to paint in your likenesses on the tryptych. It will take a few hours, enough to kill the day, but he only needs one model at a time. Still, he is at a loss for what to use for the four other figures. It was one thing when Pharasma sent you all to him, but he doesn't know what to think about the others.

Anyone have any problem with modeling? Assume that Flair, Brother Jaume, and Dorn are a yes .... in fact, he is ecstatic with Flair havin no hair, and thinks that is even better.

Maeni, Jens, what about you?

Any side-chatter in the meantime?
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    ClasyCrow: On hiatus through 11MAY2024.
    bcool999: 03-07 JUN 2024.

2. - Top - End - #572
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Maeni is enthusiast about modelling.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

3. - Top - End - #573
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume speaks to the others through the collective when he is not modeling.
    Spoiler: BJ>>>collective
    Show

“What shall spend this windfall on, heh? I would suggest wine, women and song under normal circumstances, but without the wine it all seems so pointless.” 😩
    “We need to secure transportation. A rope ladder might prove helpful. My beard could use a trim...”

During the portraiture, BJ will chat with Lelwyn about Thrushmore and the recent events. He will keep the tone light and conversational at first, but he will dig for any information about the Briarstone witch, Count Lowls, or the monolith outside of town.
    Spoiler
    Show

Use diplomacy and affable trait.

4. - Top - End - #574

Lelwyn is getting annoyed wth Brother Jaume's yammering. As an outsider himself, he doesn't really care about the superstitions or scuttlebutt of these "ignorant townies."
    04MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Mythic Realms (2013, Bruck, Buhlman, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Show

5. - Top - End - #575
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair ahd been the third person to sit in for the artist. He'd spent the time while Jaume was sitting in chatting with Maeni. She had been second up, so he spent the time waiting for his turn to think of what he still needed and what he would pick up when they recovered. he was starting to make an itemized list of the reagents he would pick up when Lelwyn called to say he was ready. He smiled at Maeni as he passed her and began to sit for the artist.

After a minute or two, Flair, doing his absolute best to move nothing but his lower jaw and tongue, "Say, is there a general store in town?"
    Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
    In general, this is favorable to the casters.
    3.5 in a nutshell, ladies and gents.

6. - Top - End - #576

"Not really a general store, no," he says quietly ... taking his time to answer as he concentrates. "You want to go to High Mart. Head northeast from the Sleepless. Once you pass the star stelae on the hill, turn northwest and it is nestled there."
    Show

7. - Top - End - #577
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Jens sits silently for his modeling, not quite able to remove the glower from his features.

Once he collects his gold for the modeling, he secrets away two gold coins into his shoes as emergency funds should a similar mishap befall him in the future.

8. - Top - End - #578
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Once painted, after having exchanged a smile with Flair and thrown a gaze at the painting, Maeni returns to the inn, absentminded.
    I just moved with my gf, and might need some time to find the perfect spot for my cpu. Still trying to keep up with my games.

9. - Top - End - #579
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair continued. "That's that monolith thing on the hill, right? What's all that about?"

10. - Top - End - #580

"Don't know, don't care," Lelwyn says. "There's two of them. Who knows what for."
    Show

11. - Top - End - #581
    Ettin in the Playground

"Fair enough." Flair says, doing his best to hold still. "One last thing; is there a library in town? I enjoy reading tales of history and myth and it's been a while since I have done so."

12. - Top - End - #582

"Don't know. I'm busy enough with the sources in the church from which I am painting the religious pictures," Hasok replies. "I don't have time for light reading. But with this roughspun bale of rubes living here, I would doubt it."
    Show

13. - Top - End - #583
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair's remaining sitting went without issue. Once he got his payment, he decided to head up to the High Market, looking to find a grooming kit before he returned to the inn.

14. - Top - End - #584

Without saying anything to anyone in the party, Flair starts strolling off. Does anyone go with him? Everyone? Nobody?
    Show

15. - Top - End - #585
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Spoiler: BJ >>> Collective
    Show

“What next?”

16. - Top - End - #586

Dorn picks up Brother Jaume's question while querying Flair over the collective.
    Spoiler: Dorn >>> Collective
    Show
    "Good question. Where are you striding with such purpose, Flair?"
    Show

17. - Top - End - #587
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair stepped outside before getting the tepe, so once he received it, he stopped and looked to the sky. After a sigh, he tepe'd back.
    Spoiler: tepe
    Show
    I had been planning to buy something, but by the look of it, the market is either closed or about to be, so it's probably best to handle it in the morning. I'm going to the inn. I have a long delayed bath waiting for me.

18. - Top - End - #588
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Jens will return to the inn with the party.

19. - Top - End - #589

Maeni will catch up with Flair.

Jens will go back with Brother Jaume, but Dorn wants to stick around and talk with Winter for a bit, and check on your ill friends .... which is only across the street. He will catch up.

Flair gets that blessed bath (with or without Maeni!).

Jens and Brother Jaume will likely .... just .... rest, but after Jens has had a chance to do a post-dinner treatment on Brother Jaume to try to get his patient to heal a little faster.

Unless anyone has any offside RP (talk to me on Discord for any "time bubble" RP), the party is going to shut down for the night.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #590
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume will take the time to rest and recuperate at the inn; eying the patrons as they enjoy the local libations with longing.

21. - Top - End - #591
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Before turning in for the night, Jens will check that everyone in the party is in the collective before sending out a message.

Spoiler: Jens >>> Collective
    Show
    Does anyone have any unhealed wounds? Tell me now and I can apply any needed healing before we rest.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Jens will manifest Natural Healing as needed through the collective to get everyone topped up health wise.

22. - Top - End - #592

Dorn had a very light wound, but dropped from the collective once he was out of range. He has to burn 6 PPs to bring Maeni to full.

Brother Jaume, you are downstairs in the taproom of the Silver Wagon, your home for the time being, seeming perfectly miserable. A townie comes in and his face lights up when he sees you, but he goes over to the bar and orders himself and ale and a wine. He comes over and sits down ...(rude!) ... as if he has every right to sit with you. He smells strongly of fish - then again, the whole town does - but is dressed as a fisherman. He puts the wine in front of you.

In a friendly tone he asks, "Hey there! I haven't seen you around in a while. Where'd you get off to?"
    Show

23. - Top - End - #593

Flair, you wake up to Maeni being frisky as she is trying to tie a gag around you, you also notice that both of your arms are over your head and individually tied to the headboard.

At least, you think it's Maeni, because it is pitch dark in here as the candle was not relit .... but it "feels" like her, and she is straddling you.

What do you do?
    Show

24. - Top - End - #594
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair does his best to shake Maeni off him as he pulls at his bindings. "Maeni, this isn't funny. I'm not into ropes and stuff. Get off me."

Spoiler: Contingency
    Show
    If Maeni tries to gag him mid sentence, he will shake her off and scream for help. He will then use his Gaston major ability (remember, pacts explicitly last 24 hours) to bang against the wall. It'll make me glow so I can see what's going on.
    Last edited by digiman619; 2020-11-24 at 05:34 AM.

25. - Top - End - #595

R1T17: Flair does his best to shake Maeni off him as he pulls at his bindings. "Maeni, this isn't funny. I'm not into ropes and stuff. Get off me."

She doesn't try to gag him mid-sentence, letting him speak, but then goes to pin him. Flair tries to kick her off and wriggle free, but he fails. He tries to bang his hands against the wall.

R1T16: Jens, you wake up. Not in alarm, just ease into consciousness, and likely try to continue to fall asleep.

R1T14: Maeni is now pinning Flair, and gets a sheet tied around his mouth (he is now gagged).

End Round One, Begin Round 2 ...

R2T26:
    Jens hears Dorn stopped snoring, though Brother Jaume is heard sawing logs just fine.

R2T17: Flair, what do you do? You are now gagged/ pinned.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #596
    Ettin in the Playground

Flair tries to wriggle out from under Maeni, pulling at his restraints, still making as much as a ruckus as he can.
    Show
    Attempt to Escape Artist out. I'm not sure if I roll this or you, so for the first one, I'll let you roll it. I will use any inspiration if I have it (The fact that I don't know is a major reason I'm leaving this first roll up to you.)

27. - Top - End - #597

R2T17: Flair tries to wriggle out from under Maeni, pulling at his restraints, still making as much as a ruckus as he can. He realizes soon that trying to get out of everything is pointless, so focuses on what matters, getting help. With Maeni so close to him, pinning him, Flair presses his cheek against hers in a side profile, opening his mouth as widely as he can. He uses her own cheekbone as a form of anchor to help him peel back the gag. He then screams out, "Help! She's gonna' kill me! Help! AHHHHHHHH!"

Everybody hears that!

R2T16: Okay, Jens, there is definitely something going on in Flair and Maeni's room. What do you do?

Maeni on deck, Brother Jaume (freshly woken) in the hole ...
    Show

28. - Top - End - #598
    Ettin in the Playground

Jens

Hearing the screaming from the next room, Jens gives up his struggle to get some sleep and lifts himself from bed. Reestablishing Collective amongst his allies in the room as he speaks to them telepathically.

Spoiler: Collective
    Show
    Can't even go one day without some sorta bull-

Show
    Move action stand.
    Standard action: Collective between himself, Juame, and Dorn.
    Free action: Tepe.

29. - Top - End - #599

R2T16: Hearing the screaming from the next room, Jens gives up his struggle to get some sleep and lifts himself from bed. Reestablishing Collective amongst his allies in the room as he speaks to them telepathically.
    Spoiler: Jens >>> Collective (Brother Jaume, Dorn)
    Show
    Can't even go one day without some sorta bull-

R2T14: Maeni belches acid at Flair, but he bucks around so that he only takes 2 acid. Unfortunately, throwing her aim off also means that only the wall behind them is mild collateral damage, and not any of the other bindings on Flair.

End Round 2, Begin Round 3 ...

R3T26:
    Brother Jaume, you are prone in bed, and it definitely sounds like something wrong. You have only the dimmest sight to the others in your room .... mainly a lump in bed for Dorn, and what you think is Jens on his feet. Jens just soaked you up in the collective and then gave the above message. What do you do?

Dorn on deck, Flair in the hole ...
    Show

30. - Top - End - #600
    Ogre in the Playground

BlackDragon

Brother Jaume gets up and searches for the source of the commotion.
    [spoiler =BJ>>>Collective]
    “What is happening!?”
    [spoiler]